This Is Pure Theater From John Carver

John Carver has now taken Newcastle to the brink of relegation with just one point in the last ten games, but he still seems to be operating in his own world.

John has often said that if only the players had the passion he had, then we wouldn’t be in the position we are in now.

john carver Swansea

John Carver – poor man-management

In his team meeting this week he talked to the press yesterday about what he did:

“I said ‘if anybody doesn’t fancy it, if anybody wants to back-bite, if anybody wants to be negative – there’s the door’.”

“Steve Stone opened the door, and I told them to leave the room. I told them I was ready for a fight, and not one person got up and left.”

What a load of nonsense.

To us that just shows what little knowledge Carver seems to have of people and what makes them tick – and its all bravado with him.

Does he really think anybody would have left the room in front of their team mates – or was it just all for show so he could tell the press what he did?

It’s like asking a group of soldiers to step forward if they are cowards.

They just will not do it, and it’s this complete lack of man-management skills and understanding of people,  that has dismayed us with John Carver this year, and one reason he cannot get the players to play for him.

And with tricks like this he’ll never get their respect.

But push is now coming to shove at Newcastle, and there is now a real realization among fans that we could go down on Sunday, after Sunderland got a 0-0 draw at Arsenal last night.

That took Sunderland 4 points clear of Hull City and safe, and it took Arsenal 3 points clear of Manchester United with a much better goal difference, so the Red Devils have nothing but pride to play for at Hull City on Sunday.

They will be 4th top win, lose or draw at the KC Stadium.

We hope they don’t lose.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against West Ham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Will Newcastle Be Relegated On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• optimistic prime

May 21, 2015 at 9:09 AM

I wanna fight me

Carver smash

• danuneek

May 21, 2015 at 9:10 AM

I think he’s just dumb! You can see it in his gormless face. Every time he opens his mouth I feel sick, he’s either foaming at the mouth or licking his lips, funny because I remember a previous manager used to do the same.

THE WHOLE CLUB IS A F****** JOKE!

• ToonMatt

May 21, 2015 at 9:11 AM

He’s embarrassing, I actually cringe when I see his face on here because I know he’s going to make himself look like a fool with another silly comment.

• dave 1961

May 21, 2015 at 9:12 AM

Here is my prediction we will loose on Sunday, Hull will win as the Man u players will think I’m off on my holidays Monday I’m not risking an injury, and Hull will be up for it spurred on by the knowledge we will probably loose, next week we will get the club up for sale, and we will be told because of that carver will be given the job on a temporary basis until new owners are found. Porkie will wait and see how we get on if it goes like last time he will just pretend to sell until the fans back down, then take the club off the market again. if we struggle he will sell, he might go for villa next.

• John Tudor

May 21, 2015 at 9:14 AM

well ed
    get off the fence old chap

• firebug666

May 21, 2015 at 9:14 AM

1. Carver should have been the first through the exit door.
    2, The players all when through the exit door in January, (in their heads anyway)
    3. The staff dare not walk through as their jobs would be over. ( but most should have gone, maybe keep the kit man).

• John Tudor

May 21, 2015 at 9:16 AM

or ye’ll get spelks in yer butt

• Whumpie

May 21, 2015 at 9:16 AM

I’ve been trying to find an up-side to this season, and this is it: Last season all you got back from the press and non-Mag friends was “stop moaning – at least Ashley’s got you financially stable”.
    But now, theough the boycott (not the protests if I’m honest), the zero hours thing, Rangers and now his own man walking out of the club -NOW the world know what an unmitigated, sociopathic cnut Ashley is. Hopefully that will force him to change tack and find a new community to screw over.

• mindshaft

May 21, 2015 at 9:17 AM

Carver is an embarrassment to the Toon!
    Players must be thinking what a complete idiot he is and his what a d1ckhead his number two is

• Blackley and Brownlie

May 21, 2015 at 9:17 AM

Absolutely pathetic, Carver.

You should know the back biters, neggers and all those who don’t fancy it and you should have kicked them out the door. Do you not know by now who they are?

• John Tudor

May 21, 2015 at 9:18 AM

why does anyone indulge with this man

• Blackley and Brownlie

May 21, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Bucket heed crisis management.

• toon kk

May 21, 2015 at 9:24 AM

What a f..king idiot Carver is.

The whole club is an embarrassment, I take relegation just so you don’t hear as much in the media About the pathetic excuse for a football club.

• MrMojoRisin76

May 21, 2015 at 9:25 AM

Anybody hear this yesterday

“He added: “It’s the biggest game for six years let’s face it, and I expect them to step up and perform and keep this club in the Premier League.

“We’ve got four or five players here from the last time this team was relegated. They know what it feels like and I watched on TV from a bar, I remember it so well.

“I saw the reaction of everyone, the emotions of Alan and the players and my own reaction was I didn’t talk to anyone for more than an hour after the game.

“I’ve explained the story to the players and hopefully I’ll get a reaction from that.”

What a truly inspirational/motivational speech,he couldn’t talk to anybody for a full 60 minutes after watching the game in a pub..I would normally say John is from Narnia but i think even the residents of Narnia would put this motherf@cker in the loony bin.

• mindshaft

May 21, 2015 at 9:29 AM

Advocaat said: “It was the way they worked, organised, and the tactics. I kept saying we would stay up if you believe in the players and the qualities you have. I said to the players they were not at a club like Sunderland because they were nice guys – I told them they were here because they were good players.”

Carver said: I have to admit there’s a chance they’re just not listening to me, tThat might be one factor of many and you have to consider it. All I will say is that the responses I’ve seen on the training ground don’t suggest that. I know it’s different playing matches from playing.
    “The players have given everything. They’ve had a go but sometimes the quality isn’t there, you’re just not good enough.

• lochinvar

May 21, 2015 at 9:49 AM

The level of Carvers management style is to introduce the Naughty Step for the players to sit on if they don’t behave.

It is so cringe worthy that it makes my skin creep.

• widowmagandapoke

May 21, 2015 at 1:31 PM

Until now Richard Dennis was the worst man to hold the reins. He was ushered in due to player popularity. Carver doesn’t even have that. I will be truly amazed if he is here next season. If so, I’m off. Dinnis sorry not Dennis.