Good News On Two Star Players

John Carver has given some good news today and it’s on two of our best player – Papiss Cisse and Siem de Jong – Papiss has had another good week of training so we really hope John is as bold as he says he is – and starts Papiss from the start of Sunday’s game – and Siem de Jong – well maybe he can been the bench but the Dutchman has already shown he can score when he comes off the bench.

siem de jong in training 18 april 15

Siem de Jong – may not start but could have impact off the bench

This is what John has said:

“Siem trained on Tuesday and Wednesday, so we’ll see,” he said. “After that, everybody else who was available before the QPR game is available for selection.”

“Papiss has had another week of training, and that’s important. He’s the club’s top goalscorer, so that’s obviously something that comes into your thinking.”

We expect Papiss Cisse to start and at the very least Siem de Jong is on the bench – and John must start our strongest side if we are going to have any chance of winning this game and saving ourselves.

We’ll think more about what the team could be before Sunday – but this would be a decent team to start on Sunday in Newcastle’s most important game in six years.

Janmaat Coloccini Williamson Dummett
Sissoko Colback Gutierrez
Perez Cisse Cabella

A key selection for Newcastle and John Carver is whether to bring Mike Williamson back into the line-up, because of his height in central defense, and after he got himself deliberately sent off at Leicester City.

Well at least according to his man-management challenged coach.

If he comes in it could mean Dummett moves to left back which would free up the energetic Jonas Gutierrez to move to midfield.

Up front we would leave out Riviere, but he’s a player John Carver likes, and we half expect Carver to start the Frenchman on Sunday.

Also  Rolando Aarons comes into the equation and he could start in the line-up – maybe in place of Remy Cabella.

We’ll bring out a team again tomorrow after thinking about it a little more – but what would your line-up be for tomorrow?

Only 16% think we can win this game on Sunday.  🙁

How Will Newcastle Fare Against West Ham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jail for Ashley

May 22, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Jeezuz, if we win this with a few players back we are going to have him saying Carlo Ancolotti has been on the phone asking him if he can have a cup of tea

• Thump

May 22, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Just had a thought… Uri Geller could trick Obertan into thinking he’s a proper player.

I think I’ve found a new line of work for all these magicians.

• Sir Braveheart

May 22, 2015 at 4:11 PM

Serious question guys and girls:

I live in Derby. If on my way home I should drive past Steve McClaren should I

a) Offer him a lift up to Newcastle pronto – we’d have more chance with him in the dugout than Carver

b) run him over so he never gets within sight of St James’ Park?

I need to know the correct procedure in the event that such a situation arises.

• Belfast

May 22, 2015 at 4:12 PM

A big fat no to Willamson coming back.

• geordiemark

May 22, 2015 at 4:16 PM

star players whats them where they been all season the teams played like the titanic all season one way and that’s been doon and pardew and carver and the players as well as Ashley are to blame full stop

• hibbit

May 22, 2015 at 4:18 PM

bravehart i believe McLaren has been spotted in yarm this afternoon

• dave 1961

May 22, 2015 at 4:19 PM

Sir Braveheart

Run him over a few times to make sure.

• Jail for Ashley

May 22, 2015 at 4:22 PM

Hey Shteve you wanna shmoke some pancakes !

• dave 1961

May 22, 2015 at 4:22 PM

Your very own cut out and keep cuddly Ashly figure.

• lesh

May 22, 2015 at 4:28 PM

If that’s all Carver said today, it’ll be the first time he’s not said anything stupid!

And as far as Uri Geller’s concerned, there’s no way Carver’d take up his offer as doing so would undermine his credibility and authority…. Errrr…

Geller puts his three pennorth in and we win, Carver won’t get the credit. We lose and Carver gets the crap that’ll be flying.

If I were Charnley, I’d be inclined to bring Geller in and say bollocks to Carver but we all know that won’t happen.

In fact, I wonder whether he’d have the balls to tell Carver he’s not HC anymore? Can’t see that happening either.

Let’s keep the cheap and compliant oaf in post and ask the Football League for its help in fast-tracking Newcastle United down to the third division. That’d save a lot of hassle for the thoughtless, short-sighted clowns.

• lesh

May 22, 2015 at 4:31 PM

Or Geller might be able to trick Ashley into realising what a professional football club’s really there for?

• bladeuser

May 22, 2015 at 4:43 PM

Willo plays the odds increase ten fold on a loss the man like jc is a massive liability how on earth anybody can earn thousands by being useless is beyond me

• toonintexas

May 22, 2015 at 4:46 PM

Carver wants to stay because he has done his job to the letter how can they fire him when he was following Ashley game plan no desire no hope and no future .asey would sooner see newcastle dissolved before admitting he is wrong .I’m all in but I miss the days I woke up with butterflies now I don’t even care if I see it long way from never missing a kick I have been a fan 40 plus years this is the lowest point until Sunday when we have a no win if we win carver stays if we lose he stays I think we’re screwed either way just my feeling hwtl

• WisconsinToonFan

May 22, 2015 at 5:12 PM

If Ryan Taylor starts I’m going to die inside.