I Expect Mike To Call Me Before The Game

We didn’t really know the character and personality of John Carver before he became head coach this year, other than he was supposed to be a hot head and lost his cool.

Cardiff City v Newcastle United - Premier League

Mike Ashley – cannot be happy with Newcastle’s plight

But one reason he is not a good leader and his man-management skills leave a lot to be desired is that he talks about himself too much and seems self-centered.

And you don’t criticize your players in public of not being good enough for Newcastle as John Carver has done far too often this year, and then expect them to run through brick walls for you.

And they haven’t.

John had never talked much to owner Mike Ashley much and it would be a huge surprise if he was at the game on Sunday – and Carver has said he expects a call from the owner if he will not be at the game.

This is  what John Carver said when asked if Mike was coming on Sunday:

“I don’t really know to be honest. He wasn’t there last weekend and he still got some stick didn’t he? It wouldn’t bother me at all if he came.”

“But if he doesn’t come, I’m sure he will phone me beforehand, and if he does come, I’m sure he’ll come and see me before the game.”

“But I really don’t know what his plans are. I can’t decide what Mike’s going to do. All I can decide is what we’re going to do on Sunday.”

We can just imagine what Mike may say to Carver,  but we will not put that in print.

Ashley will encourage John to get the win – and save the club £70M (remember Mike only thinks money), but the owner has to be shocked at the performance of his head coach this year in lots of areas.

Carver had hardly been a good front man for the Newcastel club to the press, with all the daft things he’s said.

To us it’s a good example of a man trying to do a job he is simply not equipped for.

If John get the job permanently next week, that would be shocking – well – worse than shocking whatever that is.

• John Tudor

May 22, 2015 at 9:51 AM

ashley the sock cuker

• Jail for Ashley

May 22, 2015 at 9:51 AM

Being boiled and used for oil lamps is too good for Ashley.

• John Tudor

May 22, 2015 at 9:53 AM

buying a footy club and robbing it blind ehh

• dantoon85

May 22, 2015 at 9:55 AM

Mcclarens left Derby I hear

• nut meg

May 22, 2015 at 9:57 AM

The players don’t listen to Carver so the obvious thing to do is to bring in a motivational speaker.We have one of the very best in Steve Black.What is there to loose ? BLACKIE , come on down,your club needs you asap.

• lochinvar

May 22, 2015 at 10:42 AM

” I expect Mike to call me before the game ”
    Clearly John there’s more to this than meets the eye

• Lynny

May 22, 2015 at 12:01 PM

Hull have a bit fight about them and have it in them to get a result Sunday. Enough said. Can we stay up? Aye if Hull get beat

• Moonraker15

May 22, 2015 at 2:26 PM

He’ll definitely be calling you after the game Johnny! To tell you to f”ck off we hope 🙂

• giimps

May 22, 2015 at 8:18 PM

Dont even think hes bothered about the money, more likely hes bothered more about the free advertising for tat direct.
    If we sink or if we swim, I wont return until the slug is gone, iv had enough of not competing in cups and now we cant even compete in a poor premier league with teams like Qpr and Burnley trying harder and winning against us (no disrespect to Burnley).
    We will never get a decent manager to push us on as the slug doesent know any and neither do Bishop or owl heed.
    We will get another yes man, more than likely Carver if he keeps us up, more than likely Carver if we go down as its not his fault (or rather hes cheap and already here)
    I dont believe the slug will go anytime soon as hes probably thinking hes not bothered if were sliding down the leagues as its not costing him any money, hes trebled his net worth off the back of owning the club and will enjoy the revenge on us……..time for another club methinks……maybe Ashington or the heed for a few seasons till the fat B@stard dies or is bumped off.
    At least il see passion and commitment and whichever club i decide on will always try and be the best it can be, not aim for mediocrity and fail miserably…..Im going on Sunday for the first time since January, im packing my 3 season tickets in and will miss the whole thing ,but i started that in January ,itl just be a more permanent emptiness……..Thanks Mike….i hope you feel the same hurt as me only yours is terminal!!!

• ronniegillsbackpage

May 22, 2015 at 9:03 PM

When Carver threw that chair at Bellamy at the airport a few years ago,he should have been sacked there and then.