Shocking Poll Results For John Carver As New Head Coach

Lee Charnley’s appointment of John Carver as the interim head coach in January will be the pointer as to why Newcastle went form 9th top and quite comfortable in mid-table to a worst ever streak of 10 games with one point in the Premier League ever for Newcastle United.

John seemed to even poison the well with his public assessment of the players as he more than once said that there were players not good enough to be playing for Newcastle,  and what did he get – performance that weren’t good enough for Newcastle United.

carver meets Allardyce before game today

Carver meets Sam Allardyce before the game today

Carver seems to have proved quite emphatically that he doesn;t have what it takes to be the head coach at Newcastle, but that didn’t stop him form saying he still wanted the job.

However in Mike Ashley interview with Sky Sports before the game today this is some of what the Newcastle owner said:

“The responsibility for this season is at my door.” “I didn’t envisage us being in this position at Christmas. Obviously, after the last couple of weeks I’m still a little bit shocked at where we find ourselves today.”

That’s a reference to both Lee Charnley and John Carver – Lee for appointing him and John Carver for taking us down into a real relegation scrap which lasted down to the very last game of the season when it was Newcastle or Hull who took the drop.

And NBC Sports network analyst Robbie Earle – the former Port Vale and Wimbledon midfielder – laid into John Carver before the game on NBC over here in the states – saying John had been terrible for Newcastle this year.

That was because of his antics in his interviews, and the way he represented the club and simply blamed the players for the defeats, and took no responsibility himself.

He said things like if only the players had my passion for the club we wouldn’t be in this position – and even accused Mike Williamson of getting himself deliberately sent off.

And after his seventh successive defeat on April 30th,  John claimed he was in pole position to get the head coach job permanently.

Just let’s say John was not a positive for Newcastle in his press conferences, and we didn’t really know too much about his character before January – but he seems to have a sky-high ego, very self-centered and very poor leadership and management skills.

Notice the first thing out of Mike Ashley’s mouth above is that he is the one responsible for this year’s downfall – that’s exactly what he should have said – because he’s the man at the top.

Mike has said it’s up to Lee Charnley to pick the new head coach,  but you’ve got to believe he told Lee that it was his choice as long as it wasn’t John Carver – who may even leave the club in the summer.

And a whopping 98% don’t want John Carver as the new head coach this summer.

Should John Carver Now Get Head Coach Position?

• No (97%, 9,064 Votes)
  • Yes (3%, 233 Votes)

Total Voters: 9,297

Loading ... Loading ...

Here is John Carver’s record at Newcastle this year.

FA Cup100101-1

• catchy in norway

May 24, 2015 at 10:59 PM

only 1 vote counts

• JackButler

May 24, 2015 at 11:02 PM

It’s not shocking Ed, it’s the most obvious thing about NUFC at the moment.

Carver is a knuckle dragging, bullyboy from the victorian era who should have never been given the opportunity in the first place and to even consider giving him the job full time is sheer madness.

We need a proven man at the helm, a man manager, tactician, motovator etc etc and thats not Carver

• scout

May 24, 2015 at 11:02 PM

No way Carver gets the job. If he is manager we would struggle to sign Championship players.

• Canny in Canberra

May 24, 2015 at 11:07 PM

I must admit I softened a bit to JC whilst watching his reactions and emotions during that last game.

It’s obvious he loves the club as much as we do and I for one wish he was everything we need him to be but he just isn’t 🙁

• Riviere Run Dry

May 24, 2015 at 11:09 PM

Shearer was my idol growing up, always disappointed that he never really goes in hard enough on Mash when presented with the chance.

I’ve said this before, but Brady from Hull would be a cracking signing. Great crosser of the ball, hits them with pace and accuracy and has equally good set-pieces – would probably cost less than £5m and would mean it’d allow Dummet to be primarily a CB. Austin, Ings, a leading, experienced CB, a classy playmaker of Cabaye calibre and a top RW and we’re making progress, all of course with calamity Carver and his merry men heading for the exit.

• stuart no9

May 24, 2015 at 11:10 PM

not surprised that 98% want carver out but 2% -34 voters wanted him in ! . 34 cmplete idiots think he should get the job ? they cant be geordies .

• tequilamag

May 24, 2015 at 11:13 PM

It takes a special kind of idiot to equate a person as a “cancer” on anything.

• Canny in Canberra

May 24, 2015 at 11:15 PM

Maybe those 34 think he has turned the corner.
    Not saying I agree or was one of them before you blast me. Lol
    The players still seemed a bit frosty towards him even in the Euphoria of the win so I wouldn’t even be sure be game enough to say they’ve found any respect for him.
    they were playing for them and us, I think and not the management.

• NezzaNUFC

May 24, 2015 at 11:17 PM

33 Mackems + GeordieTwo

Carver won’t get the job he’s way out of his depth.

• Laurent Robert 32

May 24, 2015 at 11:19 PM

Ed, it’s not shocking poll results, it’s common sense poll results.

In other news: The world is round.

• jane

May 24, 2015 at 11:21 PM

““The responsibility for this season is at my door.” “I didn’t envisage us being in this position at Christmas. Obviously, after the last couple of weeks I’m still a little bit shocked at where we find ourselves today.””

this was MA’s way of saying I am not happy so cannot imagine JC has any chance.

• NezzaNUFC

May 24, 2015 at 11:22 PM

I don’t think Carver will get the sack but he could get demoted into a under 21 coach though ( depending if Lee want’s to keep him on as an Assistant )

Time will tell I suppose.

• stuart no9

May 24, 2015 at 11:24 PM

canny @4—–sentiment has no place in football if you sant to be successful. I was full of emotion and jumped up and down when we scored , however , i know i couldnt do that job so i would nt put them in that position, JC is not good enough and if he had any feelings for the club, he would have admitted he couldnt do it and not put us in that position , his selfishness is there for all to see. he will probably say he saved us from relagation next. cretin

• JackButler

May 24, 2015 at 11:25 PM

What Ashley say’s is one thing, what he does is another.

The first sign of intent will be who comes in as our manager, personally I think McClaren is about the best we can hope for

• toon22

May 24, 2015 at 11:25 PM

Ya think we could change the tune the players emerge to this next season ??

• NezzaNUFC

May 24, 2015 at 11:26 PM

stuart no9

I’m expecting JC to actually say that tomorrow lol

I can imagine him saying ” not the players nor the fans, it was ME who saved Newcastle from relegation “

• stuart no9

May 24, 2015 at 11:27 PM

canny — i noticed jonas ran straight past carver after scoring , so yeah i think your correct in that they wernt playing for jc

• voodoo85

May 24, 2015 at 11:47 PM

Mike Ashley also said in statement that Newcastle have the cart but just need the horse to go with it

Quote: “We may have the cart, financially, but we now need to bolt the horse on, and we are going to”

To me thats him saying we need a new leader – a driving force if you like – a new manager !?!

John Carver will not be our manager next season

• sickandtired

May 24, 2015 at 11:53 PM

Unless Ashley gets rid of Carver and Charnley and brings in ambitious qualified football people, he will once again prove he has learnt nothing at all and we’ll be in the same position at the end of next season..

• lesh

May 25, 2015 at 2:05 AM

Looks like Carver’s voted 61 times!

• lesh

May 25, 2015 at 2:06 AM

62 votes now: He’s still plugging away.

• lesh

May 25, 2015 at 2:10 AM

I am that proven man, I really want the job, I’m a Geordie, I love this club, I…, I…..,

John Craver.

• Sav

May 25, 2015 at 3:32 AM

Its not only Carver we don’t want. its Charnley. Mash may not pick the manager but he picks the pair who do and Charnley isn’t good enough any more than Carver.