This Could Be Newcastle’s Strongest Side Today

This should be John Carver’s last game in charge of Newcastle United, after having just a terrible time of it in the last three months with just one point in ten games, and that losing streak now has us fighting Hull City today, as to which third club will be relegated, with Burnley and QPR already going down.

Mike Williamson +VclSK4IB8Aam

Mike Williamson – will come back into the side?

And it looks like owner Mike Ashley will be at the game today for the first time for a good few games, and maybe that will help the players turn up for this game, which they haven’t done for too many of the last ten.

John Carver will have to decide if he brings Mike Williamson back into the side, after big Mike’s two game suspension and we think he will – mainly for his height and heading ability.

Mike will want to play a good game after coach Carver foolishly accused him of getting himself sent off at Leicester  City.

Mike’s inclusion could mean Paul Dummett goes to left back to replace Jonas Gutierrez, and the in-form Argentine International could then be used in midfield.

Up front, John has to start Papiss Cisse, because we need a win to be safe, and to win games we need to score goals, and Papiss can do that with 11 PL goals this season in 21 appearance s- our top scorer.

So this could be the side Carver starts today at 3:00 pm, the result of which will help determine if we remain a Premier League side for next season.

Krul
Janmaat Williamson Coloccini (c) Dummett
Sissoko Colback Gutierrez
Cabella Cisse Perez
Subs: Woodman Anita Abeid Taylor(R) Riviere Gouffran Aarons

We have a feeling that Carver could start Riviere but we;re not sure that Rolando Aarons in match fit enough to start the game, but we should see him in the second half.

What would you team before for today – which is the most important game for Newcastle since we were relegated exactly six years ago today?

How Will Newcastle Fare Against West Ham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• cestriasteve

May 24, 2015 at 8:25 AM

tinman,

I’ve asked myself this one a million times: surely in the rosey days when he first bought the club and he was in the Strawberry having a pint with the lads, seeing the passion, enjoying the craic he must of seen the passion, the love, the uniqueness of a support consolidated within one city where it’s embedded in our blood, Surely he must have been moved by this, anybody would.
    There can however be only one answer……. GREED!!!

• hibbit

May 24, 2015 at 8:30 AM

WEAR NO WONGA

• cestriasteve

May 24, 2015 at 8:31 AM

sparky,
    Having lived in the most bigoted city in Scotland for an unfortunate 3 years of my life I can say with certainty that Mike Ashley will never be allowed to own Rangers. His life would be at serious risk, I kid you not!!

JAIL, from previous post, I know he didn’t fool you but he sure as hell had me.

• Jail for Ashley

May 24, 2015 at 8:32 AM

God knows what team this moron will put out.
    Does anyone think that JC looks like one one of worzel gummidges interchangeable heads.

• sparky55

May 24, 2015 at 8:32 AM

drop all the frogs…spineless mercenary tossers who don’t give a shit…fcuk ’em and fcuk Carver for being a useless neanderthal tool guiding us so efficiently into oblivion

• Ron Knee

May 24, 2015 at 8:34 AM

“… and maybe that (Ashley’s presence) will help the players turn up for this game …” A touch of irony from Ed!

• Tayls

May 24, 2015 at 8:35 AM

Would prefer dummet central and future England captain Jack Colback left back, if Rolando is fit, get him on the pitch!
    ——————Krul————————
    Janmaat – Colo – Dummet – Colback
    ————-Sissoko – Jonas—————
    ——————Cabella——————-
    Aarons———Cisse——————-Ayoze

• hibbit

May 24, 2015 at 8:38 AM

jail was one of the few that had his number from the start i fell for it big time…….. i now have three brass balls …….this man will never get another penny out of me ASHLEY OUT

• Tinman

May 24, 2015 at 8:38 AM

If we stay up at least we will have an interesting transfer window and lots to talk about. Hopefully useless ones are driven out and the pre madonnas jump ship

• ScoopSouthAfrica

May 24, 2015 at 8:45 AM

Seeing as Ed is talking what team should be put out, I kind of agree with Tayls. But I have reposted my fantasy team…….Back to the future.

Well D-Day has finally arrived, so I will say best of luck to the team and the fans to egg them on.
    I wish I could be there but I will be watching it live down here in the southern hemisphere.
    There has been a lot of comments around what the team should be for the final push, this thought brought out the fantasy side of me of the what if scenario. this would be mine……..
    Dave Hollins
    Davy Craig Irving Natress
    Stan Anderson Steve Watson Terry Hibbet
    Gazza Jinky Jim Alan Shearer Supermac Tony Green
    Subs
    Suddick
    Burton
    McFaul
    Geoff Allen
    Hilley

Ah well the stuff dreams are made off, WHU would have no chance & Sir Bobby would be the manager.
    HWTL

• Jail for Ashley

May 24, 2015 at 8:45 AM

I, like everyone else was over the moon when we were bought by the reclusive (repulsive) billionaire and thought all my Christmas’s had come at knce when KK was hired. I started doubting him when the Modric story emerged, I became seriously anti Ashley after the spiteful and senseless selling of James Milner which I believe was a huge factor in our relegation that season.

• scout

May 24, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Wearing the old robert shirt today boy could that lad strike a ball. Scored 1 in 4 for us, this current lot couldn’t tie his boots

• cestriasteve

May 24, 2015 at 8:46 AM

hibbit,
    You right there he had is number from the start, and in reference to your WONGA post , I can’t believe we allowed that to happen!!

• Patoon

May 24, 2015 at 8:47 AM

Wer is Armstrong, I would start him b4 that cabella woose, Aarons should start in a front 3 with cisse and Perez, is de Jong on the bench? I’d start with a 433
    KRUL
    JANMAAT COLO DUMMET COLBACK
    ABEID SISSOKO JONAS
    PEREZ CISSE AARONS

• lochinvar

May 24, 2015 at 8:50 AM

Strongest side ?
    Carver thinks his left profile looks better on TV

• JP...from The Rock

May 24, 2015 at 8:58 AM

Squeeky bum time very soon. Not feeling very optimisic for today. Scared of the consequences. Thanks Ashley you fat teat for puttig all of us in this position sgain within six years for the second time in our history. Then again this is the only edcitement you could say of our whole season.

I am going to be sweating bullets at kick off and as usual hoping for the best. We have a good enough first elleven to win against The Hammers, can we do it though is another matter. I just want Hull to lose and we’re safe for sure.

HWTF!!

• DicBDownUnder

May 24, 2015 at 9:15 AM

I say leave Williamson out if he was so foolish to get himself sent off. We are better off playing with 10 men than with him on the pitch.
    My team is

Krul
    Janmat colo dummet jonas
    sissoko colback abeid
    cabella
    cisse perez

deffinately a winnable game with this team I reckon…, I know for a fact though Carver will let all the fans down and pick the shite team that hasn’t done a thing in the last 10 games

• DicBDownUnder

May 24, 2015 at 9:16 AM

#HTWF
    #HWTL
    #AHSLEYOUT

• ZIPPIE57

May 24, 2015 at 9:56 AM

Tayls good shout mate

• Malta Mag

May 24, 2015 at 9:56 AM

Jesus Ed, if even you can’t come up with a better team than that then we’re in trouble.
    Lee Ryder for once got it right in his article on Collocini which I’ve been saying for the past two seasons in that he’s no better than the two who he’s partnered all season. It’s too late to experiment now but in Jaanmaat you have your best central defender but the club is in such a mess we can only pray that somehow we get through today and retain our status. I hope he plays Abeid because the lad’s got balls and gives 100% but knowing Carver he’ll still rely on the myth that there is no substitute for experience. I would go a step further and leave out Cisse and Rivierre and throw in Armstrong who should have been introduced 10 games ago.
    My team would be