I Am Very Happy To Be Staying Here With Newcastle

When that cross came over after from Jonas Gutierrez on the left wing after 54 minutes in yesterday’s game, you could see how determined Moussa Sissoko was and he was able out-jump two West defenders to head the ball down and past Hammers goalkeeper Adrian, and the Frenchman got the all important go-ahead goal for Newcastle.

30 minutes later it was Jonas again, and this time he rifled the ball home to get us a fantastic 2-0 win – and Premier League safety.

moussa sissoko outjumps 2 west ham players

Moussa Sissoko scoring first goal yesterday

That win was just what Newcastle needed – late as it was in the season – and it was our first win in over twelve weeks, but a great win nevertheless, and a very good display that will help settle some of our Newcastle players this summer.

And Moussa Sissoko himself seems determined to stay on Tyneside. after what was a nightmare second half of the season under John Carver.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley yesterday in his Sky Sports interview said he was shocked at the position we were in yesterday – given where we had been at Christmas.

This is what the 25 year-old French International Sissoko said after the game yesterday:

“I’m very happy, because the last few weeks have been very hard for us.” “This was a very big game – like the final of the Champions League or something like that – but we won so we are very happy.”

“Now, we need to have a good rest and hopefully next season we will be better.” “I think it’s the most important goal I have scored. It was 0-0, and we didn’t know what was happening between Hull and Manchester United.”

“When I scored I was so happy, and that’s why I ran to the bench with the rest of the team. I think we played very well from the beginning to the end.”

“The team was very good.” “Jonas played very well and when he scored the second goal, everyone could see how happy he was.”

“He has had some very bad times this year with his cancer, but he came back very well and I was very happy for him.”

“I still have four years on my contract, and .”  “I am going to have one week off now, and then after that I will be joining up with the national team.

“I will be back in Newcastle in July, and I am still here and still happy.”  “This is a big club with good players and fantastic fans. Maybe we have to play with more confidence next season, like we did today.”

“If we do that, there is no reason why we cannot finish in the top eight, because we have a very good team.” “We just have to prove that every week because everybody knows that the Premier League is not easy.”

“Everyone can beat everyone else, so we will see what happens next year.”  “We have to be stronger next season.”

There will be players leaving this summer and certainly Cheick Tiote will be gone before September, but we hope we can keep players like Tim Krul, Daryl Janmaat and Moussa Sissoko at the club.

Then we can build on them and players like Jack Colback, Siem de Jong and Remy Cabella – so we could still have a decent core squad of players.

But we need to bring in new players to fortify the squad this summer, and hopefully our first signing will be a top experienced head coach – and there are a number of them available.

That will be the most important signing this summer – and it cannot be John Carver.

• Bambams

May 25, 2015 at 4:55 PM

Boro well beaten….

Good football though from both teams

• Riviere Run Dry

May 25, 2015 at 4:56 PM

Norwich up. Won’t be pushovers, already have the basis of a good team.

£1.2m extra in the bank for us. Bonus, put that towards Jonas’ contract for a year!

• Lindisfarne

May 25, 2015 at 4:57 PM

shows the owner up for what he is, a twister of the truth; condescending whilst giving no actual impression that he has any knowledge of what is happening; an impostor.

• optimistic prime

May 25, 2015 at 5:01 PM

Who wrote Sissoko’s statement?

• toonbrother

May 25, 2015 at 5:05 PM

I like Ashley
    He is a fantastic businessman and (could be) a great chairman but
    1. He has horrendous judgement when it comes to appointing Managing Directors and managers
    2. He does not speak out publicly nearly enough

I hope he gets it right going forward
    First thing he needs to sort out is colocinni.
    The man is cancerous to any hope of success
    The also needs to physically eject Carver from the club
    Never in my life have i seen such ineptitude in manager

Sort out those two and we’ll be flying

• BoyDoneGood

May 25, 2015 at 5:07 PM

Shows AO up for what they are. Incapable of flexible thinking, desperate to dissuade Ashley from following through because that would undermine their soi-disant importance. Legends in their own anonymity. I really, deeply hope Ashley will open the coffers and enable a big rebuild, big ambition. I am not heartbroken that we were not relegated. Guess I’m. just not a proper fan.

• toonarmydownsouth

May 25, 2015 at 5:10 PM

Fully deserved win for Norwich, but really don’t get why they get a trophy for essentially coming 3rd?

• Belfast

May 25, 2015 at 5:15 PM

Yep basically finish 1st or 3rd, finishing second is for losers haha

• Belfast

May 25, 2015 at 5:19 PM

That was some move bringing Alex Neil in at Norwich.

• mfw13

May 25, 2015 at 9:26 PM

Currently, we have six players definitely worth keeping: Krul, Janmaat, Sissoko, Colback, DeJong, and Cisse. Then we have five young players who are not necessarily good enough to start full-time, but have great potential: Perez, Aarons, Abeid, Haidara, and Dummett.

Everyone else is either no longer good enough, or never were good enough, for the Premier League and should be shipped out: Riviere, Gouffran, Obertan, Gutierrez, Tiote, Coloccini, Williamson, both Taylors, Anita, Cabella, and Ameobi.

• Rob Bruce Lee

May 26, 2015 at 11:35 AM

mfw13 Not sure on getting rid of Anita, he was immense yesterday and don’t think he has been given a fair crack just yet, Cabella could maybe do with another season to see if he can adapt apart from that I agree with all the others.