Emotional Newcastle Striker So Impressed With Newcastle

The game on Sunday showed just how great Newcastle United can be, when the fans are right behind the team, and of course it was such an important game as we all remember what happened six years ago at Aston Villa – when shockingly we were relegated.

And it was possible,  the same things could have happened again on Sunday.

ayoze perez - YES WEst Brom

Ayoze Perez – 21 year-old Newcastle striker
So impressed with the game and atmosphere on Sunday

The tension was simply massive,  and there were some great TV shots of the Newcastle fans and yes – even of Mike Ashley – as we missed a lot of chances.

But then Moussa Sissoko finally scored and Jonas Gutierrez cemented a place in Newcastle history with not only a wonderful performance in his last game for the club – but also the second goal where his celebration with the crowd will be forever remembered.

Young Ayoze Perez was on the bench – and that was a big surprise – but also in such a red-hot atmosphere it’s asking a lot of the youngster – who has been simply great for us this season.

Ayoze has been interviewed and said his best moment of the season was being on the bench on Sunday to experience the terrific atmosphere at a packed out St. James’ Park, as the fans roared on Newcastle to a fantastic 2-0 win – and safety in the league.

Our first win and first clean sheet since February 28th – over 12 weeks ago.

Phew!!!!!

This is what the 21 year-old has said:

“I’m very happy with the way things have gone,” “I didn’t expect to adapt to English football so quickly, but I think I did adapt.”

“Literally, I achieved all the goals I had when I came. It was beyond my expectations, so I’m very, very happy.”

“Sunday was my favorite moment of the season.” “The best moment was undoubtedly the last game. It was very emotional, especially when we scored the two goals.”

“It felt great, and I was very emotional on a personal level. Despite the troubles we went through in the season, the fans stayed with us and supported us right through to the end.”

“They supported the team all the way, and we managed to get the energy from them to get through the season.”

Given that Perez was signed for the Development squad it’s been just a terrific season for the youngster and he has improved a lot in this his very first season.

And he also has a great imitation of a Geordie accent – what else could you ask of the 21 year-old?

🙂 🙂 🙂

We’re looking forward to seeing just how good this lad can become at Newcastle in the seasons ahead – and we need to keep him at the club

• Laurent Robert 32

May 28, 2015 at 9:48 AM

Haha, nice impression.

• roblee7

May 28, 2015 at 9:48 AM

On Laudrup…One big reason he would be good is that his name alone will attract bigger names. He is a football legend, regardless of his managerial capabilities. Plus I imagine he would force transfers when we need them or threaten to leave and if what MA says is true, then he would give him what he wants

• sing in the corner

May 28, 2015 at 9:49 AM

repost

The majority of fans, wether you like it or not, will feel more positive after the much maligned Sky interview. The poll question doesn’t quantify that. Will most people feel 1-5 percent more positive? Probably. Because he has felt compelled to come out of the shadows and say SOMETHING. The pressure applied has had an effect. He has had to take it seriously and at least partly rethink. He’s said some (admittedly non specific) things on camera that he can be challenged on. It wasn’t some grey suit he puts up in front of the camera that he can distance himself from later.

• Laurent Robert 32

May 28, 2015 at 9:49 AM

The new Julio Geordio.

• jayphoto

May 28, 2015 at 9:50 AM

Think laudrup is a personality that impresses at first then grates over time? Iv not met too many swansea fans that rate him and its worrying that Swansea, Getafe and Mallorca squads all had many senior players fall out with him and found him too Arrogant! Saying that all 3 played decent football in the first year and were shocking in his second year….
    Remember at swansea he only wanted to sign players through a certain agent and Huw Jenkins??williams? Refused to work with him which caused huge problems

• roblee7

May 28, 2015 at 9:52 AM

jayphoto – perhaps we should get him in on a one year contract then 🙂 surely they aren’t that daft to be dishing out 8 year contracts again, that was mental

• expatmag

May 28, 2015 at 9:53 AM

I agree on Laudrup. He is not what we need.

Like Lilongwe, I think many if you on here may underestimate McLaren.

• roblee7

May 28, 2015 at 9:54 AM

Presume de Boer’s out of question now?

• jayphoto

May 28, 2015 at 9:54 AM

Important to stress Mclaren is a very very different manager to the one that managed Middlesboro and England! Guy spent a year travelling europe, pretty sure he spent months visiting coaching set ups in spain etc and then learnt alot in Holland!
    Derby played stuff that was on par with Barcelona at their best this year. Worth noting at their worst they were terrible but their squad is threadbare and when injuries hit the back ups were technically unable to play this way which resorted to him playing deep and long to chris martin

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 28, 2015 at 9:55 AM

Jay,
    Laudrup only had one year at Getafe and Mallorca. Same with Spartak Moscow. The 20 months at Swansea was the longest he had lasted in a job since his first managerial role at Brondby.

• roblee7

May 28, 2015 at 9:56 AM

expat – I agree on McLaren, would prefer a younger guy with modern ideas mind, but I think he’d do decent job, despite being a little ‘smarmy’ for my liking, a bit Pardew-esque

• SuperShearer

May 28, 2015 at 9:56 AM

In regards to “Do I feel more optimistic?” the simple answer is no. We’ve been fed these lies before by Ashley. The proof is in the pudding. IF in the coming weeks we see an exciting head coach appointed and money spent on players we desperately need then I will change my tune but until then Ashley has a lot of ground work to make up with the fans. I hope he keeps his promises. Until I see evidence of it though I have my doubts.

• ToonFromLeeds

May 28, 2015 at 9:58 AM

What about Temuri Ketsbaia?

• roblee7

May 28, 2015 at 9:58 AM

Any Derby players McLaren could tempt up here? Will Hughes is the only one I’ve heard about, any others?

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 28, 2015 at 9:59 AM

My main reservation with McClaren is I don’t think he handles pressure particularly well. He seems to do best when there is little focus on him and little scrutiny. He would immediately be under the microscope here, partly because that is the nature of the beast at Newcastle, partly because of the previous mistakes by the club, and partly because Ashley has come out and stated the intention to win things. Pressure will come from all sides, and I have doubts he would cope.

He is probably the best British coach with top level managerial experience around at the minute. But I don’t think he has the personality to cope with the ‘goldfish bowl’ up here.

• sing in the corner

May 28, 2015 at 9:59 AM

I wouldn’t be devastated with McLaren. He’s a safe ish bet for the times we find ourselves in. Players have said some good things about his coaching. Still would prefer Karanka out of the ‘achievable / realistic’ bracket

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

May 28, 2015 at 10:01 AM

Yeah looks like i was right about the HBA thing. It has been proven very clearly now that it is 90 percent his own fault. No amount of “he’s sensitive” or “he needs love” will change that. He is a complete moron who will eventually waste his tallent at any club under any manager.

• ToonFromLeeds

May 28, 2015 at 10:02 AM

Glad to hear Colo’s name hasn’t been linked with the job

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

May 28, 2015 at 10:02 AM

On perez

Just hope.we hold on to him. Bags of potential, and willing to put the effort in
    Very professional at.a young age to

• jayphoto

May 28, 2015 at 10:03 AM

@lilongwe was it one and a half season at each? I know wherever hes been hes started well and then struggled at the end.
    Reckon he probably struggles with what hoddle and souness struggled with in that he probably still has more ability than the players hes managing

• BoyDoneGood

May 28, 2015 at 10:03 AM

No argument there – whoever is appointed as Head Coach, he’ll want to keep this lad, probably a future £30M player.

Just looked at the odds (Sky Bet) for Head Coach. These are a few highlights:

McClaren is heavy odds-on favourite (1-5).
    Carver is still second favourite at 11-2.
    At 12-1 Laudrup (like Di Matteo) is already a bit of an outsider.
    Garde and Galtier are both at 16-1.
    Dyche is on 25-1, level with Bruce and… Redknapp.
    Rogers is out at 50-1 with the likes of Allardyce(!) and Poyet (!!)

Of course outsiders do sometimes pay off. Anybody here back that surprise Irish gelding, Auroras Encore, when he romped home in the Grand National at 66-1? If you fancy a flutter, you can get 66-1 on that notable Irish knacker, Kinnear Encore.

• sing in the corner

May 28, 2015 at 10:03 AM

You couldn’t

Agree on Ben Arfa

Flawed genius whose dwindling ability was always going to reach tipping point when you balance it with the pain in the arse factor

• roblee7

May 28, 2015 at 10:05 AM

BoyDoneGood – What were the odds on us getting Pardew when we did? Wouldn’t surprise me if it was a total outsider, or Carver!

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 28, 2015 at 10:06 AM

Jay,
    11 months at Getafe (started June 07 resigned May 08)
    7 at Spartak (Started September 08 sacked April 09)
    14 at Mallorca (Started July 10 resigned September 11)

• Laurent Robert 32

May 28, 2015 at 10:08 AM

Souness also went on about Bellamy being a rotten apple and needed rid of him. He was integral to Sir Bobby’s team.

It’s how you manage them.

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

May 28, 2015 at 10:10 AM

I am going put a tenner on Carver. With my betting luck, it guarantees he wont get the job!

• dave 1961

May 28, 2015 at 10:12 AM

I have interpreted Ashley’s answers for those that’s cant read between the lines.

Q: Just how disappointed are you to arrive here today to find Newcastle in this situation?

A: I should have foreseen this i put a half whit in charge with the sole remit of not spending money.

Q: The fans want to know who is responsible. In your opinion is it collective responsibility or does it stop at your door?
    A: My door, That’s the truth for once mike I bet you don’t make a habit of it.

Q: What would you do if the worst happens today to this club and it falls into the Championship?
    A: If you’re talking about investing in the club I will continue the policy of not investing any money in this football club.

Q: Would you invest enough to make sure it comes back at the first attempt to the Premier League?
    A: Yes, but just enough to get back my free advertising, but only as a lone mind not an actual investment.

Q: If the best happens, and you stay in the Premier League, what is the plan for the club?
    A: Well to carry on fleecing the fans taking my free advertising and hopefully get my loans back.
    Q: If you hadn’t come into this club when you did and cleared the debt, where would it be?
    A: I never cleared the debt I actually doubled the debts, if I have not purchased the club all the loans would now be cleared. And the stadium would hold 62,000 fans increasing the match day revenue.

Q: What’s your ambition for the club?
    A: none just use it as a personal billboard.
    Q: Can we just be clear on that because there has been so much rumour, the club is not for sale?
    A: yes for the right price, everything is for sale I’m a shop keeper.

Q: What is your message to the fans today ahead of this game?
    A: Today we don’t need to be unlucky, not today! But from this day forward it will definitely be carry on business as usual.

Q: And finally Mike, there are obviously one or two things to sort out come the end of the season. Can we expect you and your advisers to act on that fairly imminently with regards to the appointment of managers and suchlike?
    A: Well, no, on that basis it’s Lee Charnley and the football board (who consists of myself and Lee Charley) that make those decisions, as it was Derek Llambias who brought in Alan Pardew. So I will not be picking the next manager, it’s not what I do. My job is to make sure I get the maximum amount of financial resources out of the club, and it is their job to get the best pound for pound value out of those resources. They don’t need to be good players just cheap one’s.

Q: And to be very clear: you’re here to stay and you want to make this club successful?
    A: To be categorically clear I’m not going anywhere unless I get a silly offer then I will buy another club and fleece them. Or maybe not as I will never find more gullible fans.

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

May 28, 2015 at 10:12 AM

Every coach eventually fell out with HBA. Every single one! Singling out Pardew among much better coaches who also failed is illogical.

• Laurent Robert 32

May 28, 2015 at 10:17 AM

You couldn’t,

Still provided the most amount of skill and entertainment I’ve witnessed here in a while, whether he’s an idiot or not. Thanks, Hatem.

I’m into watching football skills, not social skills (albeit it can play a healthy part in a functional team).

• beermonkey

May 28, 2015 at 10:21 AM

the only thing we can really take from the Ashley interview is we are not for sale yeah he said he wants to win things but there was not time scale put on it,

given the fact in the last 3 season have seen 2 relegation battles, what we really need is someone to come in stop us getting spanked by 3 or more goals and get the team working as a team and get some consistency in our play I cant remember the last time we played well for 90 mins all we ever do is 20 mins here and there and odd 45 mins,

McLaren looks like he is gonna get the job if he can get us playing for 90mins and week in week out give the cups a good go and get us around 10th for a couple of seasons from where we are that could be deemed as success
    were not gonna change our policy but could McLaren and carr’s friendship see McLaren get more of the players he wants rather than what could be sold

• Sleepin Giant

May 28, 2015 at 10:25 AM

Dave1961 Aye 😀

You can fool all Toon fans some of the time and some Toon fans all of the time.

Talk is cheap. Running an EPL football club is not. Let’s see if the money is anywhere near where his mouth is at the end of June.

• ToonFromLeeds

May 28, 2015 at 10:28 AM

• dave 1961

May 28, 2015 at 10:28 AM

beermonkey

Mcclaren failed at Darby an easier job he is the same standard as what we have had and just slightly better than Carver, i can see the give him time numpty’s appearing, and i don’t care if Mcclaren is a friend of god, hes still not good enough, we did get rid of Pardew to install his twin in the job.

• ToonFromLeeds

May 28, 2015 at 10:29 AM

I wish the board would put us out of our misery and get the new manager/head coach signed asap

• dave 1961

May 28, 2015 at 10:30 AM

Sleepin Giant

dont hold your breath mind you will die of suffocation while you wait.

• BoyDoneGood

May 28, 2015 at 10:34 AM

TFL

Of course bookies odds mainly reflect betting patterns – the McClaren odds just prove that lots of punters have backed the familiar name and the tabloid hype.

Personally, I’m still optimistic about Garde.

I think I was a bit harsh about Kinnear – a sick old man foolishly appointed by Ash & Co on the basis of a distinguished career earlier. Here’s a memory from just before the fall:

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

May 28, 2015 at 10:35 AM

LR32

I like skills too, but not when most of the other on feild play costs us more than it gains. As was the case in the majority of his games. He is totally unmanagable.

• jayphoto

May 28, 2015 at 10:37 AM

Some positive Toon news! Currently John Carver is 3000 miles away from St James’ park or any nufc player…. fair enough hes on holiday but the world somehow feels more at ease when carver puts a continent inbetween him and the st james’ park dug out

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 28, 2015 at 10:40 AM

BDG,
    Kinnear did a far better job then he is given credit for when he was manager here. I’m not a big fan, but had he continued in the role in the same form he had up until his illness, then we wouldn’t have been relegated.