Good News – Two Top Players Commit To Stay At Newcastle


One thing we were worried about this summer – after a completely disastrous second half of the season – is that some of our star players would want to leave the club and even demand a move away from Newcastle United.

However,  last Sunday we all saw how great it can be at Newcastle,  with John Carver and the lads finally coming through big time with a very good performance and a magnificent 2-0 win against West Ham that saved us – and a packed full St. James’ Park cheered on the lads and we survived in the Premier League.

daryl janmaat full action shot

Daryl Janmaat – excellent first season at Newcastle

That was a huge positive end to the season – which has been simply disastrous for the club – and we hope Ashley and Charnley and the rest of the club’s hierarchy will learn from the mistakes they made in the last six months – which almost got us relegated.

Good news today that two signings of last summer – Remy Cabella and Daryl Janmaat – are both keen to stay at Newcastle United, according to a report in the Chronicle today.

Remy has had difficulty adjusting to the Premier League but Daryl adjusted quickly – as a replacement for Mathieu Debuchy – and was one of Newcastle’s best players this season, and he looked one of the best right backs in the Premier League last season.

Remy Cabella Newcastle+United+v+Hull+City+XYVPwUxiHdrl

Remy Cabella – had tough first season

We hope that Remy Cabella can come through next season – and he will have learned a lot from his first tough season at the club, and it’s not unusual for a player to struggle in their first season in England.

This is more good news for Newcastle,  after we actually heard Mike Ashley speak last Sunday on Sky Sports before the crucial game at home to West Ham – and the owner even said he wanted to win something with Newcastle.

What?   🙂

We are still recovering from that shock – but maybe we can now go after one of the cups – the FA Cup and the League Cup – next season, and hey who knows we could even make it to Wembley.

That’s more of a possibility now than before Mike surprisingly had his first interview in eight years, and it was good that he immediately took the responsibility for the demise of Newcastle in the second half of the season.

The man at the top is always responsible for things when they go wrong in any organization.

It’s very good news that Remy and Daryl want to stay at Newcastle – and Moussa Sissoko has also made noises that he’s going nowhere this summer.

Are You More Positive On Newcastle's Future Following Ashley's Interview?

  • Yes (55%, 3,094 Votes)
  • No (45%, 2,517 Votes)

Total Voters: 5,611

Loading ... Loading ...

Comments welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

9 comments so far

  • jayphoto

    May 28, 2015 at 2:57 PM

    Comment #1

    Anyone know how Micah Richards has done in Italy? has he stayed fit? Newcastles problem can be we gamble on injury prone players to get them cheaper.
    Also if he’s played, in what position? always thought he was a right back but I remember him saying he liked centreback? or did a city manager prefer him centre back?
    A fit micah Richards is exactly what we should be signing but he missed a lot of football in the last few years

    0
  • cyprus

    May 28, 2015 at 3:02 PM

    Comment #2

    A small secret, don’t spread this. We have gone after cups lately, we were just crap, so we lost. Stories like we beat Man City by mistake (nobody told ….. we were supposed to lose) are of course science fiction. There are plenty of AP quotes stating the former and other coaches too.

    We’ve often fielded no worse teams than our PL disasters. Check the line-ups.

    If we put together a top team, we’ll compete for cups too, don’t worry. In fact, even under the inept one, with some luck we could’ve got something, we have been close-ish.

    CL here we come 🙂

    0
  • Sazzer

    May 28, 2015 at 3:06 PM

    Comment #3

    Yes but wouldn’t 12m in Ings own pocket turn his head more than 12 m to Burnley?

    0
  • ToonFromLeeds

    May 28, 2015 at 3:08 PM

    Comment #4

    Let’s hope we get a decent manager/head coach in and these players will play better

    0
  • Pop n Wyn

    May 28, 2015 at 3:15 PM

    Comment #5

    While it is true we dont field full strength sides in the cups, neither do any other club, i think Stoke fielded a completly different team in a carling cup tie to a team that had played in the prem 3 days earlier for instance, and even our so called full strength first team would not win a cup anyway, many other clubs have won nowt for a zillion years as well, folk would hink we had some sort of fantastic starting eleven the way they keep banging on about playing weakened sides in the Cups, because from what i saw the starting elevens we played in the cups were not any worse than our so called strongest 11, i personally dont think you should start the first round of the carling cup with your first choice 11, and remembering our very good run a few years ago in the europa, we did very well indeed mixing it up, players have to get a game somewhere and its usually when we do put a so called stronger team out, we get knocked out of the cups anyway.

    0
  • ToonFromLeeds

    May 28, 2015 at 3:20 PM

    Comment #6

    We are favourites to sign Charlie Austin… apparently.
    https://nufcdigest.wordpress.com/2015/05/28/newcastle-favourites-to-sign-austin/

    0
  • Blackley and Brownlie

    May 28, 2015 at 3:27 PM

    Comment #7

    If we could get our money back on Cabella it would be a result. However, as Tuff knows with his certificates of accreditation from the Uganda School of Law, you can’t always get your money back and just have to put certain things down to bitter experience.

    Incidentally, where is Uganda, Tuff? Good old Tuff checks his atlas. (Did Tuff ever mention he has knowledge of studying documents?)

    0
  • Blackstarbullet

    May 28, 2015 at 6:57 PM

    Comment #8

    I think we need to give Cabella another season to really judge him. He now knows what the PL is all about so we should see a vastly different player next season

    0
  • Mag52

    May 28, 2015 at 8:53 PM

    Comment #9

    Quite amazing.
    Eight years of being led on, disappointed, betrayed by the fat one. He gives a two minute interview, we beat a team who had nothing whatsoever to play for, whose manager was leaving the next day, and suddenly two fans in three are feeling good about the club.
    Quite amazing.

    0

You must log in to post a comment.