Five Players Dominate Our Player Of The Season Poll

Daryl Janmaat, Ayoze Perez, Jack Colback, Jonas Gutierrez and Moussa Sissoko are about the only four players getting the votes in our Player of  the Season poll, with Daryl already taking a  sizable lead.

daryl janmaat west ham

Daryl Janmaat in action last Sunday

And we thought Jonas would be up there in the voting even though he only played 11 times for Newcastle with one sensational goal last Sunday, when he was Europe’s best player on the last weekend of the season – what a way to finish your Newcastle career!

We want as many fans voting as possible,  so we have a good cross-section of fans.

Please vote if you haven’t already done so.

Who Was Newcastle's Player Of The Season?

• Janmaat (55%, 2,685 Votes)
  • Perez (19%, 926 Votes)
  • Colback (16%, 799 Votes)
  • Gutierrez (6%, 294 Votes)
  • Sissoko (3%, 164 Votes)

Total Voters: 5,072

Loading ... Loading ...

• sparky55

May 30, 2015 at 4:46 PM

From a couple of threads ago when ED allowed all of 2 comments before he moved on to another, can someone please confirm for me who has said we have a new policy whereby we’ll now sign 30 year olds?

• nut meg

May 30, 2015 at 4:47 PM

repost
    Sissoko
    Everything there to be successful he said. That would be a lot closer to truth if we had a new owner,a new md,a new head coach & a shed load of new players !!

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 30, 2015 at 4:59 PM

Repost, ditto sparky55

I made a point a couple of threads ago that no one (chose to) picked up on.

That is all of this speculation about new players is irrelevant until we have a new coach (if we are getting one) who can assess the players we already have and in particular the younger so called fringe players such as Abeid, who many seem keen on being off-loaded.

I would like a new manager/head coach to have a look at the likes of Bigirama, Ferguson, Armstrong, Streete to name but a few before they chucked into the reject pile.

New managers elsewhere have turned around a players career and effectiveness, I’m sure the same could be done at our club.

I reckon the newly sacked Watford bloke could do it, he’d be my choice.

• Laurent Robert 32

May 30, 2015 at 5:01 PM

I voted Janmaat.

If I could have also chosen ‘by quite a distance’ as another option, I would have have done.

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 30, 2015 at 5:01 PM

Repost, as I would like some advice from my fellow bloggers.

On a totally different note. Can anyone recommend a really good Proof reading programme.

One that can check a fully completed novel.

My wife is very good but because my grammar is quite sh!te it is a bit of a chore.

I would prefer a free version but would be happy to pay for good software one that does the job.

My first novel has been published as an ebook but it wasn’t as good grammatically as it should have been and I have revised it but it needs to be ran through a good proof reader before I re-release it.

My second one is finished but again I want it to be proof read before my missus gives it a once over.

I have looked at many on the net but if I am going to invest in one want that works for me.

Any sensible suggestions welcome.

Cheers

• sparky55

May 30, 2015 at 5:05 PM

Jamaat by a street mile…Perez was outstanding in the first half of the season but Carver threw him under the bus playing formations that would never work for him.

No other real contenders in my book…Perez would have won it if Carver hadn’t been given the reigns but he’ll come back strong next year.

Janmaat by a mile

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 30, 2015 at 5:06 PM

As for Jonas to pick him as player of the season is difficult as he hasn’t really played enough games.

He was undoubtedly good in the few he was picked for and it would be nice to see him get a chance to play some more if only for a season. We need a new HC to assess the squad as I have already said above.

It ain’t rocket science!!

• Reyantoon

May 30, 2015 at 5:11 PM

nightfa11// May 30, 2015 at 4:43 PM

yes..good manager is essential.. i dont care if we sign only 3 players..as long as we get a quality coach in..klopp, frank de boer, gourvennec or rodgers.. one of those..

Spot on!!
    why haven’t u chose Galtier or Garde tho?

• Belfast

May 30, 2015 at 5:13 PM

50 shades of Essex Bill? 😀

• Sir Braveheart

May 30, 2015 at 5:13 PM

FA cup final day – will we ever see our team there again?

Interesting that the coverage of the two big players from each team – Benteke and Sanchez – both cost around the £32 million pound mark. I can’t see us ever spending that on one player, but we’re going to need players of that calibre if we’re going to win something.

• Sir Braveheart

May 30, 2015 at 5:21 PM

Fair play to the Newcastle fan on the songs of praise choir singing Abide With Me, wearing an old school shirt not the wronga one. I salute you sir.

• croftus5678

May 30, 2015 at 5:28 PM

i personally think those poll results are spot on apart from obviosly the simpathy and loyalty vote to guti.

we can single a fair few out as having the odd good game here and there but we must have a better more consistant quality than what we currently have and imho only janmaat/colback and cisse have provided that throughout the whole season.

krull/sissoko and co who we expect to be our star players have been far too much hit and miss and perez who has been one of the more consistant players is far too green to be classed as a player to push us into the top 6 as he’s still learning and needs a big striker to partner him.

i’d take n’doye without a seconds thought as that striker to play alongside perez or even as a backup striker as he scores goals wherever he goes reguardless of his age ! ndoye or river ? ndoye everytime for me.

• ToonFromLeeds

May 30, 2015 at 5:30 PM

I hope Villa make it a good game

• Reyantoon

May 30, 2015 at 5:36 PM

Infact not 3,even only one player signing is fine by me, as long as we get appropriate foreign coach!

• Big Archie

May 30, 2015 at 5:41 PM

EssexGeordieBill – -No such thing as a good proof reading program mate.
    It needs to be done manually.

You need to use a service.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

May 30, 2015 at 5:51 PM

Sir Braveheart
    I think that guy is over 100 – must know seen a lot of ups and DOOOOOONs for the TOOOOOON

• Graeme

May 30, 2015 at 5:54 PM

EssexGeordieBill – I have used this firm before and they are very good indeed and very reasonable. http://www.proofperfectonline.co.uk or
    info@proofperfectonline.co.uk

Good Luck

• WWSBRD

May 30, 2015 at 6:03 PM

How much would Delph go for?

• nightfa11

May 30, 2015 at 6:15 PM

Reyantoon

cos i dont know anything about them..:) but if they are as good as gourvennec etc..im in 🙂

• IrishGeordie9

May 30, 2015 at 6:20 PM

To be fair to Graham Carr if you look at the top three in the vote you can see that they were all new signings. We were all slating him for the transfers of Cabella and Riviere, rightly so, but he clearly hasn’t done that bad. Maybe Carr works better on cheaper players compared to Riviere and Cabella?

• jimiley

May 30, 2015 at 6:23 PM

How can the captain only get one vote out of thousands? I think he has been knobbing too many wives??

• IrishGeordie9

May 30, 2015 at 6:24 PM

Delph won’t leave Aston Villa for us, they have a big chance of winning a cup and are in a good position due to potential new owners.

• jimiley

May 30, 2015 at 6:24 PM

Top 4 nailed on this season after big Mikes change of direction. Maybe even a tilt at the title?

• dexter53

May 30, 2015 at 6:26 PM

Goal of the decade on bbc1. Ronnie Feckin Radford. Again !!!

• investinyouthtoon

May 30, 2015 at 6:27 PM

I voted for Janmaat.
    But was totally baffled that STaylor got 4 votes. Saying that some must have thought the vote was for most useless player at the Toon

• WWSBRD

May 30, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Irish
    U reckon? Villa are muck we finished above them and they have no more chance than us winning a cup next season

And I don’t think they will win today

• jimiley

May 30, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Ashley has to deliver this season. There is no room for error. What would the error be? Relegation? A crap team and manager? Surely we are there already.

• jimiley

May 30, 2015 at 6:34 PM

WWSBRD

Villa are crap. But they do try harder than us. We are rotten through and through from the owner to the players. More to come under Penfold next season. Bring it on Mike!!!

• WWSBRD

May 30, 2015 at 6:38 PM

jimiley
    Not sure Villa are much better off bud

• WWSBRD

May 30, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Sanchez what a goal btw christ

• Average_Contents

May 30, 2015 at 7:02 PM

The undeniable truth that mackems exist on this blog.

Williamson (0%, 11 Votes)
    Riviere (0%, 7 Votes)
    Cabella (0%, 7 Votes)
    Dummett (0%, 6 Votes)
    Taylor (S) (0%, 5 Votes)
    Gouffran (0%, 4 Votes)
    Anita (0%, 4 Votes)
    Ameobi (0%, 2 Votes)
    Coloccini (0%, 2 Votes)
    Tiote (0%, 1 Votes)
    Taylor (R) (0%, 1 Votes)
    Obertan (0%, 1 Votes)

• jimiley

May 30, 2015 at 7:08 PM

WWSBRD,

You are right, Villa are not much better than us. Two sleeping giants put out to permanent pasture. At least we are consistently crap. The future is bright, the future is Penfold. And Mashers leaving SJP in a coffin as we will win nowt.

• WWSBRD

May 30, 2015 at 7:13 PM

jimiley
    I don’t know mate I think if Ashley wanted too he could turn the whole situation around he could…I don’t think he will but he could

• dave 1961

May 30, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Average_Contents

and Pardews reading the blog as Obertan got a vote

• BandB

May 30, 2015 at 7:15 PM

Ashleyballs

“The buck stops with me. I don’t make the decisions.”

• jimiley

May 30, 2015 at 7:24 PM

BandB,

Yeah its all bollocks and gobbledegook from Mashers. The buck stops with me but I have nowt to do with the chaos at the club. Work that one out mate. But he knows how to make a profit out of the chaos. The football is crap mind..

• BandB

May 30, 2015 at 7:29 PM

jimiley,

He should rely have done that whole interview with the unfortunate Charnley in a headlock.
    Then when he said: “I don’t pick the manager” he could have nurdled the top of Charnley’s head with his knuckle and smirked “isn’t that right, Penfold?”

• Lindisfarne

May 30, 2015 at 7:42 PM

“”I can’t guarantee results but there will be a team of players trying to win their Premier League status every season. Any further success will only raise my expectation of selling the club for the profit that I have so far unsuccessfully been able to achieve. After all my only motivation is money and at the end of the day my own wealth will benefit, with the minimum expenditure and prosperity of the club.””

• BandB

May 30, 2015 at 7:44 PM

Ashleyballs

“To definitely win something And when I say ‘win something’, if we ever get into a position of being in a Champions League place, that also counts as winning something.”

• beermonkey

May 30, 2015 at 7:47 PM

bandb

does that mean he will sell up if on the first say of the season we win and are in the top 4