French Star – There’s Everything At Newcastle To Be Successful

Moussa Sissoko had a very poor second half of the season, but he was very good in the first half when Alan Pardew was still at the club,  and Newcastle have to be very careful of letting too many of our players leave this summer – because they are much better than they showed this year.

moussa sissoko outjumps 2 west ham players

Moussa Sissoko showed class by heading home Newcastle’s first goal

While it’s always the players responsibility to play well – after all they get big money – we have to think the poor coaching, man-management and lack of experience of John Carver had a lot to do with Newcastle going into almost a death dive and down into the Championship.

But we only just survived – and John still wants the job full time?

John Carver made every mistake in the management book, and his players must have been alarmed at some of the stupid comments he made to the press.

• “If they had the passion I have for the club we wouldn’t be in this position.”
  • “I’m tough – I’m not giving up.”
  • “I was bold in playing two strikers up front (said after a home game at St. James’ Park).”
  • “He got himself deliberately sent off.”
  • “I’m the best manager in the Premier League.”
  • “I must be in pole position for the job (said after our 7th successive defeat).”
  • “Jose Mourinho told me I should have already been offered a three year contract.”
  • “Steve McClaren told me nobody could have done better with the resources available.”

And all of that complete nonsense.

Newcastle central midfielder Moussa Sissoko was inconsistent this season, and didn’t play well at all for John Carver – but the job of a head coach is yo get the very best out of the players available – and let’s face it John Carver failed miserably with that.

Moussa has made some comments again in L’Equipe:

“I want to play for the biggest clubs, but I feel good in Newcastle, I still have four-year contract. Yes, I want to stay in Newcastle, I confirm that.”

“There is everything there to be successful. I hope the President will recruit players for us to be competitive next year.”

We’re sure Moussa wants to play for a big club at some stage in his career, and fulfill his potential, but it’s now unlikely that a club would come in for him this summer, and bid what Mike Ashley would demand for one of his top players.

Moussa is a player we have to keep, and hope the new head coach can get the very best out of him next season – because when Moussa is in form he’s a powerful player for Newcastle – no doubt about that.

And after all there is new promise on Tyneside that we could even have a good side in the next couple of years – although we are not getting carried away.

With new players coming into the club this summer,  and presumably a new determination from Mike Ashley to win something at Newcastle, the 25 year-old French International should be happy enough to stay on Tyneside.

But Mike Ashley and Lee Charnley must deliver this summer – they have very little room for error.

Howay The Lads!!

Who Was Newcastle's Player Of The Season?

• Janmaat (55%, 2,685 Votes)
  • Perez (19%, 926 Votes)
  • Colback (16%, 799 Votes)
  • Gutierrez (6%, 294 Votes)
  • Sissoko (3%, 164 Votes)

Total Voters: 5,072

Loading ... Loading ...

• Reyantoon

May 30, 2015 at 4:26 PM

Ndoye is spectacular championship striker.Not good enough for a club like nu.
    Esp,at 30? R u kidding me!
    Better stay there where u are & continue
    warming the camp of Hull city!!

• nightfa11

May 30, 2015 at 4:38 PM

“Steve McClaren told me nobody could have done better with the resources available.”

so..that means if we get mclaren he will do worse than carver.. thak god hes on our shortlist..

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 30, 2015 at 4:38 PM

I made a point a couple of threads ago that no one (chose to) picked up on.

That is all of this speculation about new players is irrelevant until we have a new coach (if we are getting one) who can assess the players we already have and in particular the younger so called fringe players such as Abeid, who many seem keen on being off-loaded.

I would like a new manager/head coach to have a look at the likes of Bigirama, Ferguson, Armstrong, Streete to name but a few before they chucked into the reject pile.

New managers elsewhere have turned around a players career and effectiveness, I’m sure the same could be done at our club.

I reckon the newly sacked Watford bloke could do it, he’d be my choice.

• nightfa11

May 30, 2015 at 4:43 PM

yes..good manager is essential.. i dont care if we sign only 3 players..as long as we get a quality coach in..

klopp, frank de boer, gourvennec or rodgers.. one of those..

• nut meg

May 30, 2015 at 4:43 PM

Everything there to be successful he said. That would be a lot closer to truth if we had a new owner,a new md,a new head coach & a shed load of new players !!

• davis_toons

May 30, 2015 at 4:47 PM

What happens if at the end of the transfers windows LC comes out saying the same shit again,

Can Mike Words Be Trusted?
    Well he can easily said/ fired LC as he is the one appointed to manage the club running as according to Mike.

For us the same shit again, Realease better players and get in cheaper options and we will have to live with Cheap football style of play.

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 30, 2015 at 4:53 PM

On a totally different note. Can anyone recommend a really good Proof reading programme.

One that can check a fully completed novel.

My wife is very good but because my grammar is quite sh!te it is a bit of a chore.

I would prefer a free version but would be happy to pay for good software one that does the job.

My first novel has been published as an ebook but it wasn’t as good grammatically as it should have been and I have revised it but it needs to be ran through a good proof reader before I re-release it.

My second one is finished but again I want it to be proof read before my missus gives it a once over.

I have looked at many on the net but if I am going to invest in one want that works for me.

Any sensible suggestions welcome.

Cheers

• lesh

May 30, 2015 at 9:11 PM

Essex GB

By getting stuff software to proof-read your drafts, you’re asking about it to interpret grammar rules.

Whilst the English language does have rules, they are flexible and thus allow you to play with words to add atmosphere etc to your language.

Even spelling checks aren’t foolproof, same sounding words but spelled differently can alter the whole complexion of your prose.

I’d suggest you’re in need of a proof reader who’s primarily looking at readability, grip and then spelling, grammar etc.

Can I suggest that there’s such a soul with the talents you need, but he’s on holiday at the moment. He needs to be tempted into another career and you’d do Newcastle United and its fans, a readers of great literature a great service were you able to persuade him to take another career path.

You can contact John Carver at St James’s Park.