Shearer Hopes For Improvement – We Love Newcastle

If Alan Shearer manages to get to some of the Newcastle games next season, it looks like he may be a lonely guy,  because the nine friends he has shared a box with for the last few years have decided not to renew their box and season tickets for next season.

alan shearer recent

Alan Shearer – hoping for big improvement

Alan has hinted that could be the case during last season, and this is what the Newcastle legend has said today:

“I am a season ticket holder and a box holder myself, with nine other guys.” “We have had a box for the last few years and my mates are not doing it any longer, so they are not up for buying the box this year.”

““It’s very difficult for me to go anyway because obviously of Match of the Day on a Saturday evening, so I struggle to go to get to the games.”

“It stops me from getting to St James’ Park with my mates on a Saturday but if I do get a Saturday or Sunday off and I can go then I do love going.”

“It isn’t great at Newcastle at this moment in time but we’re fans and we do love Newcastle United.”

“Hopefully because of what happened last week  and staying in the Premier League, hopefully things start to improve.”

It was a fantastic end on Sunday to what was another terrible season for Newcastle, and for the second time in two years we finished in the bottom six – which is terrible for a club as big as Newcastle United.

Alan says some home truths there – even through it’s been awful these last few years since we were 5th top in 2012 – it’s difficult to keep away from watching the team, when  you love the club and it’s part of your DNA.

My son Neil was born in Bethesda, Maryland just outside of Washington DC – but he’s still mad keen on Newcastle – so he must have inherited some Newcastle DNA somehow – he does have two Geordie parents after all.

We are both hoping Newcastle can have a really good summer transfer market – but the head coach is the top signing,  and it needs to be a good one – like Michael Laudrup for example.

If it’s John Carver or Steve McClaren or both them in a duo – then Lee Charnley will have lost his chance to make amends for his terrible decision-making this year,  which almost cost Newcastle another relegation.

Are You More Positive On Newcastle's Future Following Ashley's Interview?

• Yes (55%, 3,094 Votes)
  • No (45%, 2,517 Votes)

Total Voters: 5,611

Loading ... Loading ...

But Newcastle have to deliver – this cannot be yet another false dawn.

What do you think?

• Jail for Ashley

May 30, 2015 at 10:16 AM

REPOST :
    So my take on the managerial situation is that Shteve has said he needs time to think about it while his agents frantically scour the globe looking for anywhere else but here that will hire him. In the mean time ‘Honest’ Geordie John is being told he might just get his shot at the big time so he is prepared to sit and wait while the club clutch at straws trying to hire anyone but him. He isn’t being told he’s not getting the job because the penny has finally dropped and they’re starting to realise that nobody is prepared to work under their ridiculous template other than ‘Honest’ Geordie John.

• Rotonda heights

May 30, 2015 at 10:19 AM

Why is it so easy to cull players who haven’t performed or got too old, but yet our abject 3rd rate failures of a coaching staff who will block anyone decent coming, are still here?

The prize money lost in places dropped would dwarf the wages and contracts they’re on.

Why are they playing out this charade when we all know it’s Shteve and carver…yawn.

• optimistic prime

May 30, 2015 at 10:21 AM

Sissoko player of the season and Sammy third says the smartest guy in the room.

Hahahahahahaha

• optimistic prime

May 30, 2015 at 10:23 AM

• Toon-Prodigy

May 30, 2015 at 10:28 AM

JP,

I like the thought of a midfielder like you say, and I wouldn’t say no to it. I think De Jong maybe seen as the attacking mid like that for next season. I forget about that lad all the time, I just hope his injuries woes are behind him and he cracks on.

Who he will replace im not sure.

• Toon-Prodigy

May 30, 2015 at 10:37 AM

A little interview from Sissoko talking about staying and nobody coming in for him. He does like to mention other clubs which makes me a little nervous.

• Tinman

May 30, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Any comments on the Viera links? Anybody think it is credible, possible? Would he do well? I think it would be a decent appointment, but is he dumb enough to take it on? I doubt it. We do need someone from the left field, someone a little bit random, a surprise, a fresh approach, new ideas. We need a big name who will come without the big expectations. It would be a gamble as we are likely to go for someone inexperienced, but I think it is a gamble that we have to take.

• firebug666

May 30, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Sissoko says he wants to stay at Newcastle, but reading between the lines here I think if an offer comes in he’ll be off.

Speaking to French TV programme L’Équipe du Soir, Newcastle midfielder Moussa Sissoko announced his intention to remain at the club for next season.

He had the following to say:

“Yes I want to stay at Newcastle. I hope the president will sign players so we can be competitive next season. I want to sign for the biggest clubs, but I feel good at Newcastle and have another four years on my contract. I think I am capable of playing for PSG, whether I want to or not I don’t know… I don’t want to leave the Premier League. It is the one that suits me the best. Last transfer window, I learnt like you did on TV that PSG were interested in me. But nobody came to see me. Not me, nor my agent.”

• Sav

May 30, 2015 at 10:40 AM

Is there a ‘football board’ referred to by Mashley, other than Carr and Charnley? Most important decision for, hopefully, the next few years at the club yet they may as well bring in Wise and JFK to advise on it.

This is a farce.

• sickandtired

May 30, 2015 at 10:41 AM

“And with Mike Ashley’s Sky Sports interview most fans are even upbeat about the future.”

Ed – 35% is NOT most! If anyone at all is happy that Charnley & Carr are deciding next seasons team, yet again, you want your heads examined.

• Tinman

May 30, 2015 at 10:41 AM

op, that seems like a very valid argument regarding Sammy. They probably offered him a really poor package, which is what he is worth. He has less than a 5% chance of coming good now, but on low wages he is still able to do a job in the reserves although I hope he rarely makes the match day squad.

• toon22

May 30, 2015 at 10:42 AM

IF fatso dont sell next season is going to be one hell of a car crash.
    IS he expecting getting in 10+ players and us somehow magically getting them to play?
    Our best shot at a manager is JC ffs.

• Setchell

May 30, 2015 at 10:50 AM

Brackley

Looks lime Andrew lapping isn’t taking over anymore a new billionaire has came in with a bid and discussions are being held middle of the week, there are rumours it’s Mike Ashley as I say they are just rumours though haven’t seen anything to suggest that I think it’s just people guessing. Wouldn’t surprise me though as would be a small outlay for a reasonable profit if he got them to the premierleague and then you never know it might mean he sells Newcastle in the near future 🙂 we can always hope

• optimistic prime

May 30, 2015 at 10:50 AM

Firebug

The sooner Sissoko goes the better, as bad a influence on the squad as Colo.
    I want rid of both ASAP, neither is fit to wear the shirt!

• WWSBRD

May 30, 2015 at 10:51 AM

Oh joy Sissoko wants to stay now? Better up ur game then son clearly other clubs are worried ud fail ur medical with that disappearing spine issue uve got

• firebug666

May 30, 2015 at 10:58 AM

OP

I’m with you on that, Sissoko does have power and speed and can shoot, but he lacks the vision to seek out a pass, or shoot at the right time. In CM he loses the ball to often, cannot tackle, and is easily bullied by smaller men.

He’s not bad on the right wing mind. Not brilliant, but not bad.

Coloccini offers nothing no more.

• kilcline

May 30, 2015 at 11:10 AM

What I would do:

Defenders:
    Spend big on shawcross or Williams and make them captain – cb
    Richards – cb
    Robertson – lb
    Huth – cb
    Bryam – future rb

Remove colo, Taylor and Williamson

Midfielders:
    Joe Allen – cm who can pass and control a game
    Phillips – wing
    Lennon/ayew – wing
    Cook and Mowatt – leeds future
    D gray – wing future

Keep sissoko, colback and Arrons

Strikers:
    Austin
    Bamford
    Anderlect striker perhaps

Get rid of cisse, riverie

Would add pace, prem experience and some excitement.

Kilcline

• jazzyp

May 30, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Personally I think it makes a refreshing change for our players to be coming out and committing there selves to the club. Janmaat….Sissoko all players we need at the club rather than the likes of Willo and Gouffran.

• WWSBRD

May 30, 2015 at 11:25 AM

jazzyp
    If a bid comes in for Sissoko then his “heart” will quickly change, hell he even asks for bigger clubs to come in for him while “committing” himself to the club. Might as well of done the interview with a PSG shirt on

• Blackley and Brownlie

May 30, 2015 at 11:27 AM

Setchell
    I knew Andrew was a Carlisle supporter. Although he has a few diverse business interests and I think he was heavily involved with a Scottish club at one time, Hamilton Accies I think, I was surprised to see him on the news in connection with the takeover at Carlisle. I heard later he was willing to step aside to make way for someone else. Let’s hope some big money goes in. My son’s team mate has just been offered a scholarship there. It would be good if they could bring him on but, as I say, I’ve not had good reports of the academy.

• jazzyp

May 30, 2015 at 11:31 AM

WWsbrd

Depends on how you read into it buddy. The same can be said of Janmaat or colback then who have both stated they wish to remain at the club for the foreseeable future.
    last summer players were coming out and basically advertising there selves on the open market to other clubs which is so wrong. Now players are coming out and committing to Nufc and are still being hammered.
    Old saying goes “damned if they do and damned if they don’t”

• Blackley and Brownlie

May 30, 2015 at 11:32 AM

So Mike gets a shock and says things are going to change. It’s like Tuff saying he’s incompetent but “I’ve decided not to be incompetent any more”.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

May 30, 2015 at 11:34 AM

This is a big summer for Carr he has to deliver signings that hit the ground running

We have to have a manager that can get the best out of them as well

See West Ham are being linked with trying to get Prandelli as their manager? Leftfield choice but very ambitious !

• BandB

May 30, 2015 at 11:35 AM

I remember how refreshing it used to be when Debuchy reassured us he was happy at Newcastle.
    Sissoko and Janmaat saying this now is not new. It is fairly predictable based on past observation.
    If we are now trying to win things, it wouldn’t cost a penny to say we have torn up Charnley’s January statement and the purples policy. And that top players, like Mike, are going nowhere.
    If Ashley is acting in good faith, we can look forward to this happening soon, followed by evidence they are backing it up with actions.

Is there any news of a pre-season programme yet?

• Blackley and Brownlie

May 30, 2015 at 11:37 AM

Why would any of our lot sign for another club? First, no other club is likely to want them. Second, if a bigger club took them, they’d be bench warmers, like Remy and Ba.

• BandB

May 30, 2015 at 11:38 AM

And Sissoko and Cisse were openly issuing “come and get me” messages to other clubs in JANUARY.
    They must have had some change of heart.

• WWSBRD

May 30, 2015 at 11:41 AM

jazzyp
    I don’t recall seeing Colback or Janmatt name dropping other clubs in every interview they do mate

But more than that his performances this season tells me he wants away

• jazzyp

May 30, 2015 at 11:43 AM

BandB

Maybe not new pal but how do you know they haven’t been told that things are going to change at Nufc.
    Janmaat saying he loves the club is now being twisted into please somebody buy me !!
    I would sooner players at least commit to the cause rather than blatantly want out as did the likes of Cabs and Debs did not to long ago

• Setchell

May 30, 2015 at 11:45 AM

Brackley

Carlisle as a hole is in a sorry state, needs a total clean sweep similar to Newcastle.

• BandB

May 30, 2015 at 11:48 AM

jazzyp

I fondly remember your daily optimism during all those past empty transfer windows, burning the midnight oil, churning out a daily diet of big predictions.
    I also remember you posting into the early hours after transfer windows had closed, unable to believe they hadn’t done an amazing bunch of last minute deals.
    I don’t have to twist things. We don’t operate how you claim we operate. You never seem to learn anything from experience.

• jazzyp

May 30, 2015 at 11:49 AM

wwsbrd

You may be right mate but I think we just second guessing what players are saying now whether they mean what they say or don’t say for that matter.
    Could you really blame sissoko or any other player wanting out of the shambles that is Nufc over the past few seasons

• jazzyp

May 30, 2015 at 11:53 AM

Bandb

Wow I do apologies for being an optimistic person and wishing for the best. And I will obviously bow down to your knowledge of the inner workings of Nufc.

• N1CK06

May 30, 2015 at 11:56 AM

Complete BS, there is nothing to be upbeat about regarding words alone… Especially considering all the LIES we’ve been told in the past.

If you are convinced on the future of the club from Ashley’s words, you are probably stupid enough to get excited by having “the best manager in the premier league” John Carver next season.

Don’t be stupid, don’t believe the words until you see ACTIONS.. NUFC has not been revived. It could still be dead for a long time yet.

• lochinvar

May 30, 2015 at 11:57 AM

Rumour is that Shearers mates have given up their nine places in the box for charity and the greater good.
    Carver, Stone and Woodhouse will take the first three places so we know where they are and as far away from the dressing room as possible when at SJP.
    Taylor, Jonas and Colo will be offered the next three places so they can enjoy a well earned rest.
    That just leaves three places to fill for Ashley, Chanley and the Tea Lady who will be needed to keep them all fed with Tetleys and Digestives.
    Sorted.

• BandB

May 30, 2015 at 11:59 AM

jazzyp

All I’m saying is that you have a laughable track record of misplaced optimism.
    You are perfectly entitled to it. But I am not forgetting that you do this every year as if none of the previous years had ever happened.
    I don’t like people being misled and disappointed.
    I hope Ashley has seen the light. So far there isn’t a single scrap of evidence for it.

• jazzyp

May 30, 2015 at 12:04 PM

Bandb

Well at least I don’t come across as a neggar eh pal. I come on here for abit of friendly banter and no more.
    For some reason you seem to enjoy throwing insults about.
    “laughable track record” hahahaha again your probably correct but that’s my choice to have that outlook on life, so I don’t see why you should take a dim view of that.

• Barton

May 30, 2015 at 12:05 PM

We got more chance of Elvis walking down arthurs hill with a barrow full of cash to buy the club than anything Mr Tubbs said turning out to have any truth in it.

• jimiley

May 30, 2015 at 12:10 PM

We need to get behind Penfold and Ashley and hope some cash is injected into the club. It looks like Carver or the brolly man will be the manager. Hopefully they can bring in some decent players. £30 million would be a fantastic war chest and we can push on for a top 4 trophy. I have a really good feeling about next season.

• jimiley

May 30, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Barton,

Do you not believe that Big Mike will stay at the club until we win something?

• Ibizatoon

May 30, 2015 at 12:13 PM

Afternoon all,

Shearers mates giving up their season tickets? Plastic fans…