Who Was Newcastle’s Player Of The Season?

Here’s your chance to vote for Newcastle’s Player of the Season for 2014-2015.

When you vote,  consider who made the biggest contribution to the side – so it depends on the number of games  played in addition to the performance level of the player.

Sebastien Bassong – won back in 2009 – our relegation year

We have limited the list to those who played at least 10 times for Newcastle last season.

Who Was Newcastle's Player Of The Season?

• Janmaat (55%, 2,685 Votes)
  • Perez (19%, 926 Votes)
  • Colback (16%, 799 Votes)
  • Gutierrez (6%, 294 Votes)
  • Sissoko (3%, 164 Votes)

Total Voters: 5,072

Loading ... Loading ...

Here are the past winners of our Player of the Season award.

SeasonPlayer% of Vote

• Toon-Prodigy

May 30, 2015 at 9:55 AM

• Slank

May 30, 2015 at 9:56 AM

19Slank // May 30, 2015 at 9:55 AM

JP @ 9

We also have Jamaal Lascelles but I’m not sure whether he would go straight into the first team squad.

I would keep Colo and Saylor. Colo because of his experience although if he said he wanted to return home then I wouldn’t object. Saylor because he puts everything into his game and passion and commitment was the thing that was lacking until the last game of the season.

I think Haidara is good and will get better. I’m in two minds as to whether Dummitt should really be a central defender and an occasional left back and not the other round. Having a left footed central defender is a major asset.

Can’t really say much about Janmaat that hasn’t already been said other than he looks and sounds like a natural leader. Certainly captain material.

• JP...from The Rock

May 30, 2015 at 9:57 AM

I’m glad Sammy’s been offered another contract. He has raw talent and on his day he can go past players. His fast and direct style of play is hard to find especially in our team. We need players that give us that outlet and he’s one of them. Shame with Sammy is he never does it on a consistent basis and is very hit and miss.

PS.. Gutierrez thanks for everything Spidey you will be missed, a legend for life among the faithful. Wish you all the best your future, oh an thanks for saving this club from relegation and showing the others what passion and guts really means.

• JP...from The Rock

May 30, 2015 at 9:58 AM

Player of the Season is a no brainer, Jaanmat and Perez a close second. The rest don’t even come close!

• Toon-Prodigy

May 30, 2015 at 10:02 AM

How about the worst player of the season?

• Average_Contents

May 30, 2015 at 10:03 AM

The clubs mentality and attitude is and always will be down to the slug.

It’s been the same since he took over. He sets the tone and the rest follow.

They’re just the bearers of bad news.

What we say goes and if you don’t like it fcukoff. Sounds like mike/SD speak to me and yes the hangers on are opportunists and yes they implement this ethos but that’s all they do. Implement it.

Did you notice how guti mentioned the owner and nobody else? Obviously they played their part but on instructions from up top and there’s no doubt in my mind that every decision where money is involved is run by him and signed off by him.

If you believe the slug in that he has no say and it’s left to the board (which coincidentally he’s currently on) then I’m not quite sure what to say apart from you’re believing a man who’s been found guilty in a court of law of misleading the fans, the papers and the public. That says it all.

• Slank

May 30, 2015 at 10:03 AM

I’m withToon-Prodigy

Hard to choose between Janmaat and Perez.

We knew Janmaat was a Dutch international and for once he lived up to his reputation when so many (ie Sissoko) didn’t.

We knew nothing about Perez but he was a delight to watch. Always threatening. Always working hard. Never afraid to get stuck in and challenge the opposition. Whilst Jonas is getting the plaudits for his final performance and with good measure it was the goals from Perez that saved us, in my opinion.

• Toon-Prodigy

May 30, 2015 at 10:06 AM

Cisse would be up there aswell because of his eleven goals, but i’v left him out because of his stupidity with his suspension. I think that cost us dearly.

• Reyantoon

May 30, 2015 at 10:06 AM

Socksssssssssss….no doubt!!!

• JP...from The Rock

May 30, 2015 at 10:07 AM

Slank – I agree. I think Dummett is a good CB…better than Colo, Willo and Saylor if I am honest.

I think Colo should be kept only if he wants to stay. And if he does stay it would have to be as back-up squad player, nothing more as he’s past it.
    His wealth of experience would do the world of good to the young ones coming in like Lacselles, but having said that I doubt Colo is the teaching type and he probably just goes on about his stuff. He doesn’t strike me as the guy to show an english youngster that will take over him in the team what to do on the pitch.

I wouldn’t hesitate to move Colo on really. We need new fresh players with more quality in all areas but especially at the back, the wings and up front.

• Jail for Ashley

May 30, 2015 at 10:11 AM

I voted Janmaat because the crowd wasn’t an option. What a messed up situation where RTaylor was constantly getting a game even though he knew he wouldn’t be staying and we’ve held off buying a CB for two and a half years on the off chance that Remi Streete might come good.

• Toon-Prodigy

May 30, 2015 at 10:12 AM

I was surprised to see your list of sales and see Abeid in there..

I think he could do OK this season as a Tiote replacement.

I do think we should let one of them go either Abeid or Anita and free up wages for maybe a left back, but I’d rather keep Abeid I think.

• firebug666

May 30, 2015 at 10:15 AM

Gonna miss the enthusiasm, energy, drive, passion and the pride that Jonas had. Don’t know who we have left in the squad that can pick up the mantle and encourage the team in attack.

Best wishes to Jonas, A great servant for the club and the fans, and a gentleman too.

• Jail for Ashley

May 30, 2015 at 10:16 AM

So my take on the managerial situation is that Shteve has said he needs time to think about it while his agents frantically scour the globe looking for anywhere else but here that will hire him. In the mean time ‘Honest’ Geordie John is being told he might just get his shot at the big time so he is prepared to sit and wait while the club clutch at straws trying to hire anyone but him. He isn’t being told he’s not getting the job because the penny has finally dropped and they’re starting to realise that nobody is prepared to work under their ridiculous template other than ‘Honest’ Geordie John.

• Toon-Prodigy

May 30, 2015 at 10:18 AM

Aye, that sounds about reet like.

• Rotonda heights

May 30, 2015 at 10:18 AM

Why is it so easy to cull players who haven’t performed or got too old, but yet our abject 3rd rate failures of a coaching staff who will block anyone decent coming, are still here?

The prize money lost in places dropped would dwarf the wages and contracts they’re on.

• JP...from The Rock

May 30, 2015 at 10:22 AM

Toon-Prodigy – I like Abeid but I just don’t think he’s good enough for us. Probs a good Championship player but not a good Premier league player and on that basis I rather we replace him with someone more talented. A goalscoring midfielder tbh. Similar to Cabaye, someone that knows how to spray the ball across the pitch and has a good shot on him, and if he’s good a set-pieces then it’s even better.

I feel Tiote is past it too. He is no longer the beast we all knew to love. He is now an injury prone, mistake round the corner kid a guy. Too many easily misplaced passes keep springing to mind when I think of him.

We need a midfielder that can pass the ball well and knows how to use well and he needs to be able to chip in with a goal or two.

For example Colback; extremely good buy by the club for a change and has had a good solid first season for us.

• magpie6699

May 30, 2015 at 10:27 AM

For consistent high standards it has to be Janmaat and for raw talent and unexpected commitment and enthusiasm it has to be Perez. Jonas didn’t play enough games to qualify, much as I love the man. Clock and Sissoko did OK. Most others were either not up to it or had occasional flashes amongst dross.
    Whys are people concerning themselves about which players to sell? We need a sizeable squad so as to leave us with subs and replacements for injuries if we don’t want a repeat of this season; we should have more than enough cash to buy class starting players especially one / two strikers, a playmaker and one/two defenders. Personally I would keep Abeid AND Anita, neither would get a start in my first-choice (new) starting eleven but I’d be happy to see either come into the team if needed. I wouldn’t be heartbroken to see Colocini and/or Williamson leave PROVIDED we get 2 or even 3 strong defenders in, otherwise I’d keep one as fourth choice.

• Szarka

May 30, 2015 at 10:41 AM

1. Colback

Great work, great season, and all that for free 🙂

2. Perez

Second best striker, and he was only bought to the reserve. Young and talented, great buy.

3. Janmaat

World class def, didnt do anything extra, but did the job well, at his class. Should be in a CL team.

• giimps

May 30, 2015 at 11:13 AM

Strange that our best players voted by us fans are all of a defensive nature though, considering how poor our defence is and has been under fraudew and Charver, The common denominator is Charver though, there’s obviously something wrong with our coaches if we cant defend set plays and are vulnerable to counter attacks.
    Root and branch clearout at the top is the only way to progress, stagnation has nearly cost us this season……Charver, Stone, Woodman and Watson need to be relieved of their (obviously beyond them) duties as well as penfold for overseeing the debacle this season.
    Oh and while im at it…..Slug oot

• The overrated Frenchman

May 30, 2015 at 11:26 AM

Can’t feel the love for Colback. Plays more “nothing” passes than Butch Wilkins. Not the worst by any means of our miserable lot, but I don’t think he’d be a starter anywhere other than a bottom half of the table club. A squad player at best in a decent team.

• HarriboNo9

May 30, 2015 at 11:58 AM

If you look at statistics for the piston there in I.e tackle ratio passing percentage ratio etc.. The top 5 are ;
    1. Colback
    2. Janmaat
    5. Cisse

• Rozzy

May 30, 2015 at 12:13 PM

1. Janmaat
    2. Perez
    3. Cisse
    4. Colback
    5. Sissoko
    Imo Aarons would have been a contender for our player of the season if he’d played more games. Will be interesting seeing him and De Jong back next season alongside some better players and hopefully Cabella will find his feet and be a key player for us.

• dave 1961

May 30, 2015 at 12:30 PM

someone had a few too many last night and voted for Williamson.