The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Vieira Appointment Good For Newcastle’s French Players

7:56 pm, Monday, June 1st, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 114 Comments

We’ve said it before that if Patrick Vieira is appointed as the new Newcastle head coach,  he could get the very best out of the many French players still at Newcastle – and not many of them had good seasons last term – especially under John Carver.

moussa sissoko outjumps 2 west ham players

Moussa Sissoko heading home against West Ham

Moussa Sissoko is one Newcastle player the club wants to keep this summer, since when he’s on form he’s a powerful player for us – and he’s often been compared in style and physique to Vieira – who in his career was one of the best players in the world.

Speaking to RMC today Sissoko seems delighted that Vieira could get the head coach job on Tyneside:

“I heard about this yesterday.” “If he comes to Newcastle I would be very happy.” “He was a role model for me. He played in the same position as I do.”

“At the moment, the manager is still John Carver.” “Even if the second half of the season was difficult, he is someone who I appreciate.”

“He allowed me to learn faster and faster, to be the best.”

Newcastle fans need a boost and Newcastle players need a boost after a terrible final 11 games to the season – although the last one wasn’t bad – we won – but the previous ten were terrible and we picked up one solitary point.

Moussa played his part in the 2-0 win at home to West Ham,  and the French International was ready for the game,  and he was so determined when he easily out-jumped Hammers left-back  Aaron Cresswell to head home Jonas Gutierrez’ inch perfect cross to put Newcastle ahead after 54 minutes.

Hopefully we’ll know who the head coach will be at Newcastle before the end of this week.

There’s lots of work to be done this summer in the transfer market, and to prepare the side for next season – so we get off to a good start.

We cannot have another season like last season – it was far too painful.

Tags: Coaching · Head coach · Management · Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Premier League

114 responses so far ↓

• 1 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 7:58 PM

Vieira has Sibierski’s backing

• 2 BandB // Jun 1, 2015 at 8:01 PM

Despite Mike’s little pas de deus with the truth being the star turn of his public career, that Sunday was Jonas’s day and it always will be as long as Newcastle fans can dream.
    We may have been fed on a diet of crap that was so bad it was hard to believe us and the rest of the league were playing the same game, but Jonas gave us the fairytale of the season.
    We will remember that long after Ashley and his mind games have been rightly consigned to the wrong side of history.
    Class against rags.

Howay the Lad and Howay the Fans.

• 3 Essex Geordie Bill // Jun 1, 2015 at 8:05 PM

Sorry Ed I was a bit slow there.
    Repost as I wanted to vent my anger. I was also able to correct my Grammar. 😉

That sort of conduct not only shames the club, it reflects shame on the Toon supporters in the eyes of the world.

I find it offensive and disgusting.

If carver hasn’t the decency and balls to tell Ashley to sack someone in a more respectful manner then I not only hope he doesn’t get the Toon job, I also hope he never gets another in football at any level.

Carver I hope you are reading this comment!

Incidentally re the previous thread aren’t the alcoholic beverages mentioned Lagers not Beers. Makes Ed’s headline into an oxymoron!!

• 4 WLtoon // Jun 1, 2015 at 8:09 PM

All this talk about Viera coming to the toon has led to various polls, and the results are unanimous that we want him here.
    The question is tho, just how many think he will end up here? a poll would be handy gauge to see just how many fans are gullible on this blog.
    I say there is no way he.ll end up here , and instead we,ll end up with Maclaren.

• 5 Average_Contents // Jun 1, 2015 at 8:10 PM

Honest john will do ANYTHING, say ANYTHING, put up with ANYTHING and all because he loves the club. Oh and he’s a geordie. And he worked with Sir Bob.

What a fcuking shameless snake he’s turned out to be. Judas twat.

Disgusting behaviour yet again from the shambles currently failing to run the club. It’s got the slug written all over it.

• 6 Munster Mag // Jun 1, 2015 at 8:19 PM

WL toon i wud say there is a 10% chance of viera. A more relevant question might be: how wud you compare mclaren to pardew. How much better is he ? Or do u consider him no better. Thoughts ??

• 7 geordieboy83 // Jun 1, 2015 at 8:19 PM

Probably old news but sky sources saying aitor Karanka rated very highly by Newcastle.

So vieira, schteve, gardee, or karanka?
    3 out of 4 very attractive

West Ham shortlist kinda puts a shadow over hours tho unfortunately

• 8 Essex Geordie Bill // Jun 1, 2015 at 8:20 PM

There seems to be a lot of people suggesting that many of the Toon fans are a gullible and easily swayed by honeyed words.

I think that so many of us have lived through a plethora of false dawns that I seriously doubt that the if there are actually as many idiots as you and others believe.

Although there are probably a very small minority who are susceptible to the promises being made.

With most us it is a wait and see situation.

• 9 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 1, 2015 at 8:22 PM

Blackley maintains that the tat man’s interview is meaningless without immediate action. The tea boy, the comedian’s dad and the cones guy need to go. Why? Because they are completely incompetent. They won’t go and do nothing will change.

If Mclaren is appointed after all the talk of Vieira, that will be the final proof. I can’t think of anything more underwhelming. This club remains every bit a joke. And it’s all at one man’s door.

• 10 MonkseatonMag // Jun 1, 2015 at 8:23 PM

A less sensational (but more accurate) headline would be “Vieira Appointment WOULD BE Good For Newcastle’s French Players”

• 11 Essex Geordie Bill // Jun 1, 2015 at 8:29 PM

How many French players do we still have, I have reckoned about 6 not including Marveux.

• 12 WLtoon // Jun 1, 2015 at 8:37 PM

@6 Munster,
    You think there is a 10% chance we get Viera and i say there is even less.
    The bookies had Viera odds on fav to join us,which proves my point in a previous blog when i said this was all speculation.
    As for Pardew v Maclaren, i think there aint alot of difference between the two other than none would of been a choice of the fans, not even in a top 10 list i think.
    @8 EGB.
    I really think there are alot of fans actually think we will end up with Viera,and thats there choice, and a poll would show just how many fans are getting carried away with press talk.
    We have seen the percentages in the vote leaning to Viera,but just how many really think we will get him over the biggest line in world football?

• 13 GeordieTwo // Jun 1, 2015 at 8:37 PM

The job already belongs to McLaren mates. The rest of it is just smoke and mirrors by Ashley and his merry band of muppets.

• 14 ITUNDERASHELL // Jun 1, 2015 at 8:39 PM

Why do people buy season tickets, it’s beyond stupid, its pathetic.All season ticket holders should refuse to renew or cancel.
    Now that would change Mashley’s attitude, the vile toad.

• 15 GeordieTwo // Jun 1, 2015 at 8:39 PM

Personally, Mike loves a good smoke in front of a mirror. Or a good interview about the club where he lies through his teeth and laughs about it afterwards.

• 16 hibbit // Jun 1, 2015 at 8:39 PM

come on lads we all know its a PR stunt its carvers job but they want to sell the season tickets that’s why there holding back

• 17 GeordieTwo // Jun 1, 2015 at 8:41 PM

Does anyone actually believe we’re going to win something with Ashley? Hahahahahahaha!!! That’s the biggest pile of bollocks ever. It makes Richard Nixon look like an honest man.

• 18 welshgeordie9 // Jun 1, 2015 at 8:41 PM

Nice to see everyone are in a good mood.

• 19 croftus5678 // Jun 1, 2015 at 8:42 PM

so raylor and guti upset cos they was told over phone !

and here was me thinking we had done them far too good in keeping them on wages far superior to their level and performances seing and they was injured more than they played and them being lower prem to championship players and far past there bests for a long time yet we still pay them the avg prem players wage !

we should have paid them the 5k pw they was worth over the last 3 years and told them face to face i’m sure they would have been happier then.

with reguards to a manager i’d take garde or viera (who’s slightly riskier imo) as first choice with laudrup and lastly mcclaren in that order but any of the first 3 would be an improvement over pards imo.

if carver gets the job you wont see me commenting for 6 month’s due to depression.

• 20 Belfast // Jun 1, 2015 at 8:52 PM

I reckon the phonecall method has been Carvers idea to be honest. Charmless has asked him to pass the message on and Carver has rang his pal Taylor and Jonas has been there. It’s got his man management written all over it.

Charnley should have done it though.
    Must be a right pussy.

• 21 jane // Jun 1, 2015 at 8:56 PM

“I reckon the phonecall method has been Carvers idea to be honest. ”

what I was thinking. where did he ring from and to, could he have got in the car and driven to them.

• 22 BandB // Jun 1, 2015 at 8:57 PM

I’m inclined to think the club wanted to show it was doing due diligence and going through a process, before offering the job to McClaren.
    But the fans have gone for the decoy in a massive way, so much so that they have underlined and undermined McClaren as the continuity yes-man candidate he is.
    It is another spectacular own-goal by a bunch of people who just aren’t a fraction as clever as they think they are.
    The fans now see Vieira as the acid test of your sincerity, Mike.
    We are waiting.

• 23 BandB // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:01 PM

Where have you been?
    The blog must be in a bad mood for your slug-trail to be spotted again.
    I knew you’d be on tonight.
    What does the man who devotes his life to complaining about other people complaining complain about when nobody is complaining?
    Welcome back.

• 24 check the toastie // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:02 PM

There is nothing worse than being given some hope and then it being taken away, very cruel but typical Ashley.

• 25 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:04 PM

Hibbit I’m sure Mike Ashley rhymes with PR Stunt

• 26 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:09 PM

Just in a smiley kinda mood.

• 27 BandB // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:10 PM

• 28 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:12 PM

I don’t buy your bit about the club wanting to show it’s doing due diligence. The tea boy’s simply incompetent.

He’s been on the case for six months. Any delay after the end of the season is just further incompetence.

The fans aren’t bothered about due diligence. They just want an exciting prospect to give them optimism.

• 29 BandB // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:15 PM

I understand. I was only basing my comments on the reported fact that the club said it was going to do due diligence.
    Nothing compared to your opinion, obviously.

• 30 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:16 PM

If due diligence brings us Mclaren the fans won’t thank the tea boy for all his efforts. Quite the opposite.

• 31 WLtoon // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:16 PM

Charnley dragging his heels will suit Ashley just fine.

• 32 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Really hope McClaren isn’t taken on

• 33 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:20 PM

TFL….Some race. Possibly have should have gone with:

“Newcastle managerial candidate Steve McClaren set to give his outline of club’s future as stumble for vacant hotseat continues”

• 34 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:21 PM

When Keegan took over loads of fans were around the stadium, can you imagine how many will come to see McClaren’s unvailing?

• 35 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:21 PM

Everything about the way the club is run smacks of incompetence. And its no wonder. For good reason some blogger was on about the constitution of the board. It’s comprised of a tea boy and a comedian’s dad.

• 36 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:22 PM

“My door” – Lee Charnley?

• 37 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:22 PM

Pmsl Ibiza, u need to tell the authors lol

• 38 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:23 PM

You should be careful what you say. We’re almost in entire agreement.

• 39 BandB // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:26 PM

I do agree with a lot of your take on this.
    You see it with a fair bit of clarity.
    Which makes me wonder why you are trying to lay the blame for everything at the door of Charnley and Carr.
    If we do appoint an inspiring candidate, who will you credit for that?

• 40 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:27 PM

TFL…He’s also in Leeds, could you not pass the message on for me? 🙂

• 41 Jail for Ashley // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:27 PM

Yes croftus, we should have punished Jonas accordingly for picking up that cancer whilst out clubbing, that would have shown him. How about your boss docks your wages for your alarming illiteracy, it might learn you to do something about it.

• 42 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:28 PM

If I knew who he was I would, Leeds is a large city with a population of around a million you know

• 43 Sazzer // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:29 PM

We can do a lot better than Chester. He’s not even cheap.

• 44 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:31 PM

TFL….I must admit, I had no idea of the approximate population of Leeds. You learn something new everyday.

You only have 999,998 other people to check with – go on, stop being difficult.

• 45 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:31 PM

I find your comments a bit alarming Croftus poor Jonas was incredibly ill with cancer and you would have treat him worse than the club already did! You make Mike Ashley look a saint

• 46 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:32 PM

Ibiza it make take me a few weeks…….

• 47 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:33 PM

*may rather than make

• 48 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:34 PM

TFL…You never know, you might luck out and find him quickly.

I suppose we could just leave it as the joke it was intended as mind 🙂

• 49 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:36 PM

I know you was joking Ibiza I was continuing lol

• 50 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:37 PM

btw how is everyone getting smileys on here? usually emoji don’t work

• 51 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:40 PM

TFL…Mine just seem to always end with a smiley face. I wish I could turn it off 🙂

: ) No spaces = 🙂

I have a “How To Smiley” tutorial on YouTube if you’re interested.

• 52 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:40 PM

typical bookmakers
    McClaren is now 4/5 fav
    Vieira is evs 2nd fav

• 53 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:41 PM

pmsl Ibiza 🙂

• 54 jane // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:43 PM

: | = 😐

yes please for the tutorial Ibiza

• 55 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:45 PM

• 56 Jail for Ashley // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:45 PM

It could be a spectacular own goal. If they’d just quietly ushered Mclaren people would have moaned and said let’s give him a chance. If they go through a whole charade then say he was the best man for the job, it could cause a bit of resentment.

• 57 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:45 PM

The tat man said “my door”. He’s right. The tea boy is his man. If the tea boy gets it wrong again, there’s no one to blame but the tat man. The same is true IF the tea boy gets it right; the tat man gets the credit.

The trouble is they’re all incompetent and you can’t just say we’re not going to be incompetent any more.

• 58 jane // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:47 PM

“The trouble is they’re all incompetent ”

who is all? everyone!!

• 59 Billythefish // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:49 PM

PV not a chance when he realises how amateur the club is run from top to bottom.That’s why we get dross who are happy to be in a job. McLaren will be appointed and it will be back to the norm. ££££££££ for Ashley and another mediocre season punching below our weight.

• 60 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:51 PM

TFL…Invoice is in the post.

Jane…Why would you call me out like that? Now I’m going to have to make some tutorials up!

: shock : = 😯

• 61 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:53 PM

• 62 jane // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:53 PM

• 63 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:54 PM

I should probably point out, I only have one more smiley up my sleeve 😉

You have to submit credit card details to get the last lesson though.

I can tell you it doesn’t involve “;”

So don’t even bother trying it.

I’ll need your card number, expiry date and the last 3 digits off the back of your card.

• 64 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Ibiza can I pay you in sports direct vouchers? 🙂

• 65 optimistic prime // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Mclaren has Toonbrothers backing

I don’t think I could handle the cleverest man in the room and Mclaren.

For that reason alone I’d stick with Carver

• 66 jimmysmith // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Lee Charnley wooing, seducing, and enticing Patrick Viera to Mike Ashley’s St James’ Park. Hey, could happen, with the help of a large dose rohypnol and a big sack.

Actually, despite our obvious short comings, it still could happen. Newcastle are the 18th richest club in the world, that makesus huge, and Viera looking for a start. He really shouldn’t even be in the running, but such a fiasco we appear to be, it’s us that are doing the chasing, and forlornly, most likely

• 67 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:55 PM

I’m disowning the both of you.

This must be how Sir Bobby feels looking at Carver 🙂 😯 😉

I think I might be all smilied out now 🙁

• 68 welshgeordie9 // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:56 PM

Have you missed me, that’s sweet of you.

• 69 BandB // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:56 PM

I have very much enjoyed reading your posts lately. You have a spiky mind.
    I used to enjoy reading them in the past, even when we disagreed.

Your final point about free-will is interesting. Our natural volitions are largely beyond the control of free-will without great self-control.
    One cannot, for example, simply choose to like sprouts.
    Which is why, as you say, words should be treated with scepticism until they are backed by observable actions.
    Which brings me to my final point, which I will be blunt about.
    You have always been an intellectually challenging poster.
    So why do you choose to act at times like an intellectually challenged one instead?

• 70 BandB // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:57 PM

I have missed you lots recently.
    I am, however, still adjusting my sights.

• 71 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:57 PM

Just seen that interview with Raylor and Jonas talking about how they were dumped by Carver over the phone !!

How are we supposed to get someone as honourable as Viera or Garde when he have scum such as Ashley running the show who cant even contact long serving employees face to face ?!?

We should still be protesting to get this scum out of our club but its almost like they are dangling Viera in the fans face cause we know we will be quiet for a while until they screw him over in about 6 months time !!!

• 72 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:57 PM

• 73 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:58 PM

TFL..That’s okay, it’s on the house.

• 74 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:58 PM

The comedian’s dad is 70; he cannot find his bus pass and loses his spectacles on his head. He had an uninspiring record as a manager in the lower leagues many years ago. How is he acting as a director of football at Newcastle United in 2015? It beggars belief. He’ll have dementia before he sees out the end of his contract. I fear he might have the onset of it already if his recent signings are to go by.

• 75 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 9:59 PM

XD :'( >:( B)

• 76 scout // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:00 PM

Stevie boy 4/5 fav for the job. Great, not.

• 77 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:00 PM

tyvm Ibiza

Blackley if Carr is 70 would he even see out an 8yr contract?

• 78 welshgeordie9 // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:00 PM

I think you have got a soft spot for welshie but doesn’t want to admit it to some on here, I know it’s the Welsh charm that does it.

• 79 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:01 PM

Your last sentence? You’ll need to give me an example of what you mean.

• 80 Pokat // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:02 PM

Toonbrother the smartest guy in the room providing the fly spray has worked.

And now the cheap wedding comic Welshgeordie with “Nice to see everyone are in a good mood.” where’s that jeff lad to complete the axis of idiots?

• 81 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:03 PM

Charnley “We couldn’t quite Patrick over the line so here is your new head coach Steve “wally” McClaren”

• 82 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:03 PM

TFL…I like that you’re going for greatness.

What were you going for there at 75?

• 83 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:03 PM

I thought that but didn’t want to be cruel. Ha.

• 84 tequilamag // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:05 PM

Blackley bit harsh on Carr thoug I notice this is a theme you have been running with for a while.
    Perez and Janmaat were 2 out our 3 best players this season.
    I would also hazard a guess that we usually end of with his third or fourth best suggestions due to lack of will to spend

• 85 Pokat // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:05 PM

Bandb actually I did consciously choose to like sprouts. Unfortunately the love was not reciprocated, so I moved on to curly kale. Sprouts loss imo

• 86 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:06 PM

Even Michael Owen is backing Vieira, says he would be a good fit for the club

• 87 Pokat // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:08 PM

So Blackley was Mr Carr the inspiration for one of the detestable Wonga puppets perhaps? Hang on, they were puppets, weren’t they?

• 88 BandB // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:10 PM

You see Welshie there.
    He refers to himself as Welshie.
    He has a bagful of catch-phrases, which while not bad in themselves initially, suffer inevitably from him not knowing their sell-by date.
    Welshie does this because he has nothing adult to say and wants to get attention by being the class worky-ticket.
    That’s not good enough for you, Blackley, is it?
    It only means you miss out on some interesting conversations you might be having instead.

• 89 BigB75 // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:12 PM

Ladies and gentlemen we are excited to present to you our new head coach with years of experience!

Donald Duck

• 90 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:12 PM

Are they baaaaaaad catchphrases
    Sorry couldn’t resist

• 91 ITUNDERASHELL // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Charnley is worth 108.883,088 so do you really think he gives a f**k about the supporters. Ashley is worth 3 billion.
    It would be a bit embarrassing if there are empty seat in the stadium next season, but he could not care less about the supporters views. His attitude is more fool you for buying one in the first place and he will be rubbing his hands in glee at the prospect of a huge jump in profits in a couple of years when the tv money increases massively.
    Steve is going to be fabulous as far as Ashley is concerned.

• 92 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:13 PM

BigB75 why not we have had goofy since january

• 93 croftus5678 // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:14 PM

@41 jail

oh i see so thats his excuse for being a poor player over the many years even so before he found out about the cancer yes ?

so when everyone was calling the hell outa pards for playing guti (inc myself) as in pards picking his favourites he can now be excused and every poor performance ect is now forgotten because he had an illness ?

its not a go at his small portion of time with a serious illness thats in question but his overall quality over the past 3 or so years as to the amount we paid him and raylor weekly.

same can be said about colo/williamson/anita ect ect none i class as have earnt there wages over the last few years and unless they give there all every game for our club instead of there i’ll play when i want to play attitude i dont believe we owe them anything more than a phone call since we are overpaying them imo.

• 94 bettyswallocks // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:14 PM

The horses in the real race to be bolted to Ashley’s cart have probably not even been declared as runners yet.

Viera looks like a slick thoroughbred with a winning spirit and a calm temperament.

Mc Claren is like a staying chaser that’s had plenty of mileage but is prone to crumbling under pressure.

Carver is a black and white gypsy cob, with no quality and in need of gelding to sort out his aggressive character.

The other ones there have been whispers for may be in the running, but I think it will be a dark horse that hasn’t been mentioned yet.

• 95 BigB75 // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:15 PM

TLF, that’s an insult to!

• 96 BigB75 // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:16 PM

• 97 BandB // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:17 PM

Wouldn’t it have been nice if instead of evoking this ancient slow-motion imagery, Ashley had said: “We have built a fantastic rocket ship. Now I am looking for the world’s greatest pilot.”

• 98 check the toastie // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:18 PM

Love the way Carver somehow told Raylor he just got told by his bosses to tell the lads over the phone, its pretty simple, just refuse to carry out somebody elses dirty work, unless of course your a totally self trimming prick.

Yep, nice one Carver i’m a great guy its not me who’s sacking you lads, no its all Ashleys fault. Asshole. Just drive to where they are and should some bollocks.

• 99 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:18 PM

betty Carver is the one with 3 legs that should have been put down years ago but thinks he can still win the Grand National

• 100 BigB75 // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:20 PM

We need someone with a football brain…. i like that guy from Derby…. Sam Rush I think it is. Fat basted should hire someone like him to get the house in order! Is it really that difficult.

• 101 welshgeordie9 // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:20 PM

Nothing adult to say is it BandB, ah right if you say so, so what adult conversations have been going on here then becasue I can’t think of one apart from people banging on and on about the same stuff day after day, oh I don’t like this manager I want this one then he comes in oh I don’t want that manager I want this one, I don’t want this player I want this one, oh I don’t like this football top I want this one, oh i don’t want cheese and onion i want ready salted.

That’s the conversations some of you lot have, real adult conversations.

• 102 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:21 PM

BigB only problem is we have sam Kunt

• 103 bettyswallocks // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:22 PM

I still think he might surprise us. Whether it’s for better or worse, I wouldn’t like to predict as he is predictably unpredictable.

• 104 Pokat // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:23 PM

Hang on I thought it was pretty much accepted that the phrase “pardewed” was virtually born from Jonas being consistently being played out of or in a restricted position, nurse maiding a poor left back and not even his ability to cover more ground than any other player during games could free him from being glued to a largely inept and poorly distributed midfield. I thought all brain – equipped observers knew that one. Apparently not I see.

• 105 BigB75 // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:23 PM

That’s why there was NO heart in the second half of the season. Cause no one/player respect carver and new he was shithead.

• 106 croftus5678 // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:25 PM

and erm while your trying to be the big man what makes you think i’m in a job that is literate ?

i have skills that are not pen pushing or typing and if i was not good at my jobs then yes i would expect to get the push.

• 107 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:25 PM

Croftus…Cancer or no cancer, for me, if there is one player who has been deserving of his wages it’s Jonas.

He’s not the player he was, he was one of Pardews favourites, but he gave more than most have.

Still, the two things aren’t connected. Whether you or anyone thinks they were overpaid is all well and good, but it’s no reason not to show a little more respect.

• 108 bettyswallocks // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:26 PM

TFL…… Quite right , he would give himself top weight as the best horse in the race.

He’s not the worst football manager in the world but he manages a lot like him.

• 109 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:34 PM

hear hear Ibiza well said, Croftus what you said about Jonas was out of order and vile

• 110 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:34 PM

betty….Predictably unpredictable maybe, but has it ever turned out for the better?

• 111 croftus5678 // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:39 PM

@107 ibiza

guti was a trier and always gave his all i agree but was for 80% of the games useless and would have been better suited as a leftback from hindsight !

i’m not a critic and i cant change what the feelings was when he was playing and i’m sure if you skip back through the blog over the past years it will re-jog the feelings at the time.

still his goal on the last day was worth every penny we paid him to me personally i just feel that no matter what someone does there would always be something else or something else the person i question would want to have been done extra !

i’ve never been disaplined and thought they did it fairly and did everything they could.

even agency workers i suspect are told over the phone if there is work or not the next day if they dont turn up for work and told they dont work there anymore from what i have heard.

• 112 croftus5678 // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:42 PM

@109 toonfromleeds

please explain ?

• 113 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2015 at 10:48 PM

Croftus…The club would have been better to invest more in the playing squad so there were far better options available than Jonas. The club also should have hired a manager that wouldn’t have maked Jonas the defensive work horse.

I remember people were frustrated about Jonas. I seem to remember it wasn’t really about him though.

It’s not like they’ve fired him. His contract ran out and they chose not to renew it. They could have shown a man a little more respect, that is the point.

It’s one of my biggest issues with this NUFC. All business, no soul.

As you say, even if only for that last game. Jonas deserved more from the club he has been at for 7 years.

I’m not sure what bit you don’t agree with. No room for sentiment? What have agency workers got to do with it?

• 114 croftus5678 // Jun 1, 2015 at 11:01 PM

@113 ibiza

agency worker referance was just to bring out what does happen with work and not just our club that does it ( a-la ashley’s 0 hour contracts)

and yep fair point my view wasnt about sentiment although i wouldnt keep anyone on as sentiment which i believe we did do not through respect but because fat man wanted to save his pocket so much but it was about the manner or the phone call.

would i prefere i phone call or face to face ? or 6 month’s notice i wasnt getting renewed ? or a years notice i wouldnt be getting it renewed ? or a shiny gold watch for my service ! ect ect theres always something more that could have been done is what my point was.

they admitted they knew they wouldnt get there contracts renewed and personally if “i” new what they did and they phoned me i dont think i would be that bothered it’d just stop me from seeing the person who was taking it away from me which could have only been good for both party’s imo.

previous post: It’s Time For Newcastle To Get Their Act Together At All Levels