The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Midfielder Now Wants To Join Chelsea

9:35 am, Tuesday, June 2nd, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 24 Comments

Moussa Sissoko seems to be at it again, and  trying to drum up some interest in him from some big clubs, presumably so they will come in and sign him from Newcastle United.

In the past he’s said he just couldn’t resist the chance to go to PSG – his home town club – if that opportunity ever came along –  and now he says he couldn’t resist the chance to play for Jose Mourinho at Chelsea – if that chance ever came about.

Moussa Sissoko after scoring first goal

Moussa Sissoko after scoring first goal against West Ham

Newcastle will not want to part with one of our best players this summer, but that hasn’t stopped the French International from mentioning he thinks Chelsea are watching his progress on Tyneside.

He’s been talking to French outlet RMC – again:

“Is he (Jose Mourinho) following my progress? According to what I am hearing, yes,” . “He is one of the best managers in the world. He has won so many titles… Any player would love to be coached by this man. “

“For the moment, I am coached by other people (John Carver). If one day I have the chance to work under his guidance, I would be very happy. For the moment, I am still at Newcastle and I feel good over there. “

“After that, you can never be sure about what is going to happen. If I am to move, the French national team will be part of my thinking.”

“I will make the right choice. “Champions League football? All players dream of playing in this competition.”

“I hope to participate in it one day. I am patient. I am waiting for my time.” “I am enjoying myself in the English league.”

“I spent some very nice years at Toulouse. When I arrived in England, I started to live something different.”

“It is a league that suits me very well. I love everything over there. I can see myself finishing my career in England because it suits my style of play.”

With former Newcastle striker Loic Remy now at Chelsea, we wonder if the information he’s getting is coming from the French International striker at Stamford Bridge?

Or maybe Moussa’s just making it up – or has even been dreaming about this stuff?

We’d be very surprised if a club will come in and offer Mike Ashley what he wants this summer for Sissoko, because the 25 year-old didn’t play very well in the second half of the season, after Alan Pardew left the club.

We expect Moussa to be at Newcastle come September – even if he is still dreaming of bigger clubs to join.

What do you think?

Tags: Contracts · Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Premier League · Transfer News and Rumours

24 responses so far ↓

• 1 Griff-toon // Jun 2, 2015 at 9:39 AM

If you are beeing watched, I would suggest you start playing a bit better to have a chance.

• 2 beermonkey // Jun 2, 2015 at 9:46 AM

maybe old jose thinks all of sissoko’s poor touches and lack of first time ball control are one touch passes but no1 sees them and runs to them

• 3 Uri Gellers Magic Mind // Jun 2, 2015 at 9:48 AM

£15 million and you’re on your way fella. In fact I’d take £10 million.

• 4 Pokat // Jun 2, 2015 at 9:51 AM

I hope they buy him I really do.

• 5 one fine day // Jun 2, 2015 at 9:52 AM

Tell him to have a word with demba or loic.
    Another player who over estimates himself.
    You’d hope if he wants really leave then we do business early giving us time to replace

• 6 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 2, 2015 at 9:52 AM

Ayoze’s staying

• 7 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 2, 2015 at 9:52 AM

Sissoko wants to hope Jose hasn’t followed his “progress” too closely this season.

• 8 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 2, 2015 at 9:54 AM

Swap for Eden Hazard?? pmsl

• 9 BandB // Jun 2, 2015 at 9:54 AM

So our heady thoughts of ambition and change have settled on a sacked Championship manager that not a single other club in the Premier League would entertain the idea of signing for a second.
    He is another distressed brand straight out of the nackers yard. His main attraction appears to be that he will toe the line and say what he is told to say.
    So it is beyond depressing to see people on here arguing that he will be a safe pair of hands or that they suppose he’ll have to do.
    Just because Ashley was misdirecting in his TV interview rather than outright lying doesn’t make it acceptable. I guess they factored in that his smarter apologists would push that line.
    If Ashley put Ian Huntley in charge of this club our gutless fans would find a way to rationalise it, accept it, and demand others backed it to the hilt because he’s “our manager.”
    Absolutely shameful!

• 10 one fine day // Jun 2, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Rather see him going to psg and cabaye coming the other way.
    However that type of move would be a lot more likely with PV rather than schteeeeve.

• 11 dave 1961 // Jun 2, 2015 at 9:57 AM

our fans are idiot we deserve Ashley we deserve Mcclaren, lets give a Failure from the fizzy time so we can watch Pardew MKii.

• 12 toonfan76 // Jun 2, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Haven’t posed in a long time but thought I’d chip in today. Stepping stone club springs to mind with this one. Wonder if he’d be so keen to jump ship if Viera was appointed. Can’t see Viera coming to us btw but he gets my vote.

• 13 WLtoon // Jun 2, 2015 at 9:58 AM

I too would love to play in the CL, but unfortunately im not good enough.
    Maybe you should set your sights a little lower than Chelsea Moussa, maybe start by giving us a good season first,then maybe a big club might want you.

• 14 croftus5678 // Jun 2, 2015 at 10:01 AM

ofc he wants a chelsea move !

he’s french / doesnt support the toon / chelsea are regular winners and europe contenders and they would pay him a hell of a lot more than we do.

i dont think chelsea are looking at him but he is fishing for a big money move but he aint good enough to be classed in the hazzard / costa catagory imo.

either way he will be stuck with us for another season imo so we need to make the most of him with a new manager and strengthen the team a lot so that if he does look to go next season we will have enough quality to not miss him.

• 15 Graeme // Jun 2, 2015 at 10:01 AM

The club have responded to claims there may have been some Fiction involving quotes attributed to Collo, when Jonas was released.

Of course the club wouldn’t resort to telling porkies – would they??

• 16 hibbit // Jun 2, 2015 at 10:06 AM

ashley statement could just back fire as so many fans are expecting so much more ……….. McLaren fills no one with joy if that’s the standard there aiming for

• 17 BandB // Jun 2, 2015 at 10:09 AM

The established practice in this kind of dispute is to provide a dated (provably dated) transcript of the interview in shorthand, or in this case on dicataphone.
    If the club doesn’t provide it, then there is no reason to take its existence on trust.

• 18 Whumpie // Jun 2, 2015 at 10:14 AM

He’s just being honest. If he didn’t think like this you’d have to worry.

• 19 one fine day // Jun 2, 2015 at 10:15 AM

Chelsea in sydney tonight
    Friendly with the locals.
    85,000 sell out.
    Looking at side they have put out tonight hard to see where sissoko thinks he can slot in .

• 20 BandB // Jun 2, 2015 at 10:17 AM

I should point out that in post number 9 above I mean to say “if it were the case that Ashley was misdirecting rather than outright lying.”
    Clearly there is no proof at the moment he did either.

• 21 ToonMatt // Jun 2, 2015 at 10:32 AM

I can’t believe people are having a go at him? We are the biggest joke in the league, No ambition at all and it’s a proven fact that we will not compete for trophies, People are idiots if they actually think otherwise? One little interview from Ashley and people start thinking he has changed his ways! Good luck Sissoko, You deserve better than this garbage.

• 22 jayphoto // Jun 2, 2015 at 12:02 PM

Don’t want Mclaren. Really don’t but he might be the best choice, better than Laudrup or Vieira…
    Reason being is he is a personal friend of Carr (well documented). No manager is going to get any input into transfers, under Pardew we ruined career after career with Carr and Pardew on different pages, books even!
    If Mclaren and Carr can share a vision on what should be done with the players that come in we might see just how decent a scout Carr is. Their personal relationship would definitely help.
    Also, derby played amazing stuff up until feb! 6 months of beautiful football is better than what we’ve had. His coaching isnt under question and hes a fine record of developing players.
    Like i said Id rather others but there are positives for a McLaren appointment

• 23 kenzie // Jun 2, 2015 at 12:02 PM

Sissoko does annoy me, fair enough if he wants to join a bigger, more ambitious club but does he have to shout it from the rooftops?
    He was so poor in the latter half of the season and like some have said here he wants to hope mourinho hasn’t been watching him.
    He always pledges his allegiance to us, “we are a great club and can do a lot better next season” etc etc garbage, then goes and sells himself like a 5 quid prostitute.

• 24 WisconsinToonFan // Jun 2, 2015 at 12:49 PM

I’m so fed up with him, he played like absolute crap last campaign and has a horrible attitude. It’s players attitudes like that, that are cancers for the dressing room. This club needs less players with their foot out the door. If it is as easy as a manager change, I can’t wait for a Viera change.

previous post: Report Patrick Vieira To Turn Down Newcastle