The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Former Star Explains Why Top Managers Shunned Newcastle

6:00 pm, Thursday, June 4th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 183 Comments

If a person is to be judged on his results in any job, then it’s important to allow them to do the job their way – and they can then either sink or swim on the results they get.

So as a football manager, if you don’t get a say on who comes into the club during the transfer windows,  you are really not in full control of the squad – and that’s one reason a lot of top managers wouldn’t touch the Newcastle job this year – they wanted more control than the Tyneside club was willing to give them.

Rob Lee

Rob Lee – while at Newcastle United

Former Newcastle midfield star Rob Lee thinks that’s exactly the reason not one top manager seems to have been interested in the Newcastle head coach position.

And when Newcastle briefly approached a person who looked to be a good candidate – like Patrick Vieira for instance – he quickly became disinterested when told the club would continue running the club with Lee Charnley, Chief Scout Graham Carr and the head coach running the show –  with Graham Carr having the major say on transfers into the club.

Rob Lee was speaking at the Gary Speed Memorial Day at Ramside Hall:

“Because of the policy of the club, if somebody else is bringing in the players, then big name managers will not accept that. Big name managers know players and will want to bring players with them.”

“Everyone wants to keep telling me it works on the continent. But if they are top, top managers then they will have a say. Jose Mourinho would not accept not having a say. At the end of the day a manager will get the blame if the results aren’t right, so you would want a say.”

“You can only make a team so much better. We need somebody who can attract players to this club. We are a club that almost got relegated. We need nine or ten players to be competitive in the Premier League.”

It is the way clubs on the continent work where the coach is given the group of players and his sole job is to get the very best out of what he’s got available – which is really the definition of what a coach’s job is.

And as far as Jose Mourinho is concerned he didn’t always have a say on who come into the club and owner Roman Abramovich was keen on bringing in Ukrainian striker Andriy Shevchenko, who turned out to be a big flop.

We also don’t know if Jose had much say on players coming into the club while he was at Real Madrid.

Unless something dramatic happens in the next few days, it looks like Steve McClaren will become the head coach at Newcastle with John Carver again the assistant manager – even after John’s woeful performance as the interim head coach this year almost got us relegated.

Tags: Coaching · Head coach · Management · Newcastle News · Premier League

183 responses so far ↓

• 1 WWSBRD // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:04 PM

Top managers? Probably because we didn’t approach any had more to do with it

• 2 Pokat // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:06 PM

And so Rob da Bank sheds light on the secret difference between a manager ( Boss, Gaffer etc) and Head Coach ( Mug, Stooge,Patsy, Whipping Boy you get the idea) .

Now it’s plain for all to see why Pardew could stay as long as he liked, it was not his fault. Cue Carver.

What then, will our very own McLaren P2 ( Pardew no. 2) be? I’m guessing if Carver etc are staying then Stevie will be column b.

• 3 Mint // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:13 PM

This is actually the conversation that TOOK place on Monday:

Charnley: “MY NAMES TYRONE, … ahh screw it. Your hired.
    Steve: “I know”

At least we wont get relegated

• 4 firebug666 // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:15 PM

Reading over the past week we can only draw one conclusion.

Nothing has changed. Nothing will ever change at this club while Ashley is the custodian. Profits will always come before ambition.

McClaren is only a small step up from Carver so my guess is we will be lucky to finish top ten, fortunate to finish above 14th, expected to suffer more of the same from last season.

Makems will get their usual six points, especially as they have their big Dick back.

Ahh well onwards and ….err….. well onwards anyway.

• 5 Ibizatoon // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Pokat (from previous thread)…Eh? Longer queue for what mate?

• 6 blew // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:21 PM

We don’t have a leader on the pitch,
    a decent header of the ball,
    and lacking in pace.
    Perhaps SM could persuade Carr these
    attributes are necessary, as he hasn’t
    addressed these problems to date.

• 7 WWSBRD // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:22 PM

From previous
    Aye mate ur right I am falling for what I complain at others for doing, believing everything I read but still there will be a kick off if he signs for Palace haha

• 8 Ibizatoon // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:25 PM

Yo…It happens to the best of us, especially this time of year.

Just read Paul Clements Derby speech. I’m glad we weren’t in for him….

• 9 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:26 PM

Not a bad argument

• 10 Ibizatoon // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:27 PM

TFL…What was that Mag thing you mentioned before? Do you have a link?

• 11 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Ibiza it wasn’t the mag it was

• 12 Pokat // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Ibizatoon ah you easily forget your own questions when the answer comes along ha ha you asked if cabaye wasn’t one of those complaining about El Pardo’s tactical nous

• 13 Pokat // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:29 PM

What’s Have you got a link?

• 14 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:30 PM even

• 15 Pokat // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:30 PM

There must be something wrong I don’t seem to have a link lol

• 16 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:30 PM

• 17 WWSBRD // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:31 PM

Haha true true I dont see it happening surely Liverpool will be in for him after??

• 18 Ron Knee // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:35 PM

According to nufcblog above, we’re already 11th. Not bad!

• 19 Ibizatoon // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Pokat…Get a link mate, ffs.

I see – The queue of players who weren’t happy with Pardew! 🙂

I’ll try and keep up now.

TFL…Well don’t say Mag then 🙂 Will have a read now. are just bitter as they can’t keep up with the comments 😉

Let’s get a blog war started! Yes, that’s what we need. Or was it unity? Nah.

• 20 WWSBRD // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:37 PM

Tbf they arent wrong

• 21 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:38 PM

Ibiza I got missed up sorry

• 22 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:38 PM

ffs mixed up

• 23 Ibizatoon // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:43 PM

TFL…You’re running out of chances mate 🙂 Thanks for shaaring…just about to have a read.

Yo…Liverpool in for Cabaye?

• 24 Ibizatoon // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:45 PM

or just sharing – Either is fine with me 🙂

• 25 banjax // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:45 PM

McClaren will cost nowt. He’s available. He does as he’s told. Will accept players into the club that aren’t his choice. Carver and the remnants of the staff will stay put. So what has changed Big Mike ? Maybe when you see how season tickets go you will think differently. McClaren – no no no !

• 26 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:49 PM

McLaren to bring players in? I thought that was Carr’s job!

• 27 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:50 PM

Ibiza I like sharing, I like to inform people 🙂

• 28 Ibizatoon // Jun 4, 2015 at 6:57 PM

Belfast…You best have a wash before posting on here next! 🙂

TFL…Not sure why, but I just got an image of Garth from Waynes World.

“I like to play”.

• 29 Ibizatoon // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:00 PM

As for the article – Hmmm…I would say it’s similar to posters who come on here to whinge about people whinging.

What was the point in it? Was it just to refresh their last thread from last month?

• 30 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:02 PM

Here’s one for you Ibiza

• 31 GeordieTwo // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:02 PM

I see the papers are just full of stories about all the top notch players we’re bringing in. And did Rob Lee really figure that out all by himself? Yes Rob, we know nobody decent will come to us to be a head coach mate. Sunderland get Advocaat back and we get McLaren. Typical that is. Harrumph.

• 32 Belfast // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:03 PM

*scrubs myself* 🙂

Needs must Ibiza We where under attack.

• 33 GeordieTwo // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:03 PM

The answer to that one is no TFL mate. Cabaye is not stupid enough to come back to us. He’s seen the club from inside and out. It’s not a pretty picture.

• 34 BandB // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Oh the irony of it.

• 35 Ibizatoon // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:05 PM

TFL…It’s almost like Rob in Leeds reads this blog sometimes.

Come on Rob – out you come. We wont bite.

If only I had a smiley that showed some teeth 🙂

I got up to “if Newcastle played their cards right.” Then thought, is there much point in keeping reading? 🙂

That quote could make a good book title for a review of Ashleys tenure at NUFC.

• 36 GeordieTwo // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:06 PM

And the horror BandB mate. Oh the horror! It’s the heart of darkness remaining in Newcastle. Aaaahhhhhh!

• 37 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:07 PM

fair point Ibiza

• 38 Ibizatoon // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:08 PM

Belfast…I don’t think the scrub alone will do it.

Any takers? The blog Legend needs a serious detailing? Minimum requirement is a good bleaching, although I would imagine something stronger would be needed.

• 39 JamesToon // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:08 PM

Derby under mcclaren:

• 40 jayphoto // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:09 PM

They have to keep Carver around… Hes there to remind us what we get if we get on mclarens back too much

• 41 JamesToon // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:09 PM

not trying to suddenly become a mcclaren fan or anything but if he brings that type of football i will back him

• 42 GeordieTwo // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Is everyone ready for this summer? McLaren running around saying he needs to have some say on incoming players. Johnny C. crying to the press saying he really deserved the head coach position after winning those 4 games. Mike laying low and laughing at the supporters ad they renew their season tickets. Lee Charnley doing absolutely nothing at all. It’s a beautiful way to run a football club Mike.

• 43 jayphoto // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:14 PM

@ibiza – howcome you’re glad we weren’t in for clement? Personally think he’ll flop like a whale but thought most wanted him

• 44 GeordieTwo // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:15 PM

Wait! Time out on here!
    I’m just having a look at the seriosity meter I installed on this blog. Hmmmm. 17%???? That’s absolutely unacceptable. Now get serious on here you lot. You know who the main culprits are and I’m not having it. Pokat, Ibiza, jesper, etc. etc , I’m watching you. I want to see something spectacular from you all. But serious and right to the point. All right then, carry on. Harrumph.

• 45 Ibizatoon // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:15 PM

Jay…Probably not far from the truth.

Personally I find it comforting. I was worried after Ashleys interview, then the likely appointment of McLaren that too many positive changes were taking place. It’s nice to know we still have a good fall back position, in case they’ve bitten off a bit more than they can chew with these wholesale changes.

JamesToon…For some reason the video kept stopping and starting (I wasn’t continuously hitting pause – honest). Whilst they passed well, it didn’t appear that the other team really even attempted to get the ball.

• 46 GeordieTwo // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:19 PM

Hmmmm. I counted 26 passes before that goal went in. We don’t usually complete 26 passes in a game. Does anyone think we could with players like Willo hoofing it aboot? Stevie might be a little bit disappointed. And not a single high ball to a small striker either. What were Derby thinking?

• 47 Ibizatoon // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:20 PM

G2….P*ss off!

Serious? Check
    To the point? Check

Did we get up to 18%?

Anything to help out mate.

Jay…I was being a tad sarcastic 🙂 I read the interview and then got a little depressed. I thought it was a refreshing interview that would give cause for excitement.

If he had arrived at NUFC and was allowed to say those things, he would have got my backing no problem. I wouldn’t be angry if he failed, as I would have seen it as a genuine attempt to go for it.

Rather than a genuine attempt for more of the same, but with someone a little more successful.

No idea if Clement will make it. No doubt he has the footballing coach skills, but management requires a lot more than that, as we all know. I wish him well though. Young, British and modern thinking. We need more of them and they should be given their chance.

• 48 sickandtired // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:22 PM

Not a shred of factual evidence Vieira was even contacted let alone spoken with, and here is Ed making it sound like some deep deliberations went on!
    Does anyone really believe Mourinho, Van Gall, Wenger etc have no say on who their clubs sign? Tell that to Fergie and see what response you get!

• 49 WWSBRD // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:23 PM

If Liverpool don’t go in for Cabaye they are fool imo I think he would fit in perfectly beside Henderson and a few of my mates who are that way inclined agree

• 50 GeordieTwo // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:23 PM

Article 126(b) of the Blog constitution clearly states:
    There shall be very limited allowances made for humour on this Blog. One humorous comment in each article may be permitted but it must not mention budgies, thongs, chest hair, or peeing in peoples back pockets.
    Now…..harrumph. Errrr…….. why did I bring this up again?

• 51 Ibizatoon // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:27 PM

Yo…Bindipping mates aye? 🙂

Dreambo…Can’t do it. Still too raw.

No comment.

• 52 chuck // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:28 PM

Was that something Newcastle fans were unaware of Ed.
    Duh !
    I think by now all except the dumbest, can figure out the problem with this club, which is Ashley and his policies.

• 53 Ibizatoon // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:28 PM

G2…I would imagine the blog constitution would make for some good reading 🙂

• 54 GeordieTwo // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:29 PM

You’ve cut me deep with that comment @47 Ibiza. I’ll say no more about it. Not a word. I’m going to zip it on that one mate. But if you think you’re getting this month’s chest hair you are very mistaken. It’s a new model as well. Tangle free. Guaranteed to have lovely ladies running barefoot through it in no time. Well…. your loss.

• 55 BandB // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:35 PM

Could be the new Ian Callaghan….

• 56 WWSBRD // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Haha I like it!

Mores my shame mate mores my shame

• 57 Ibizatoon // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:37 PM

G2…Was it not spectacular? I think it met the criteria you set mate.

I admit it was rushed, but it is far from my worst work. I don’t think I deserve to be punished this way.

The chest hair you send me is almost all I have G2. Surely you couldn’t be this cold?

• 58 GeordieTwo // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:40 PM

Ta WWSBRD mate? Somebody appreciates me. Harrumph. And while they’re at it we could sell Willo to the bindippers as well. Surely they need a hoofball specialist and set piece target man? Only 15M pounds this time. Look at the bargain you got from us for Andy Carroll scousers. You surely can’t pass this one up

• 59 GeordieTwo // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:41 PM

No, it’s you that’s going to be cold come Spanish winter without you new chest hair Ibiza mate. Double Harrumph!

• 60 WWSBRD // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:42 PM

There’s far too little humour on here these days!
    Williamson to be sold? Howay hes our best player no?

• 61 GeordieTwo // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:44 PM

With McLaren in charge we will become…..wait for it……drum roll please……The New Derby!!!! Low spending, modest ambition, prone to fading badly late in the season (sounds familiar doesn’t it?). I can hardly wait!!! Huzzah!!!!!

• 62 GeordieTwo // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:47 PM

I agree WWSBRD mate. Despite what the constitution says everyone get funny!!! I mean it. We need a short, sharp, shock mates. Stimulate us. I await your humour……

• 63 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:48 PM

I don’t much like the thought of McClaren being Toon boss but he is. Surely you gotta let us play a few games before you criticise him?

• 64 Ibizatoon // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:48 PM

G2…Then you leave me with no choice but to cancel my DD to ManlyMen Inc. Sad day, but €7pcm to spend elsewhere.

On what though?

I must say, I am deeply hurt that you suggest I don’t appreicate you G2. I hope Yo can make you happy.

• 65 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:49 PM

So I said to the girl with the wooden leg
    “Can I sit on your knee for a Spell?”

• 66 wynsleap // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:51 PM

McClaren, who was sacked from a Championship club, as Head Coach with his assistant who couldn’t win a football match to save himself when he had the chance. A lovely prestigious combination.
    Whatever the pathetic, cowed “Give him a chance” brigade say on here (just like we did with Carver) we just KNOW McClaren will be pretty useless if we were honest with ourselves. In one season we’ll all be shouting for his blood and it”ll be deja vu. Never mind, though lads, we’ll have Carver to take over temporarily again ..or will it be Lee Clark this time?
    The club is rotten to the core with Carr and Ashley installing their inept ‘mates’. A cosy little club for all.
    They’re a bloody disgrace the lot of them.

• 67 WWSBRD // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:53 PM

I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he’s depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: “Treatment is simple. The great clown – Pagliacci – is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up.” Man bursts into tears. “But doctor…” he says “I am Pagliacci.” Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

• 68 LGFUAD21 // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:56 PM

That wasn’t a one off for Derby either.

The championship is a tough old league. More competitive at the top than the prem. I’m talking about competition not the standard of players.

I can see why people are concerned about their dip but they did have some injuries to key players plus Steve was dragged into all this newcastle rubbish.

I’ve suspected since pardew left that Steve had been earmarked on an agreement that he’d come if Derby didnt go up.

I just hope he is given a chance to work.

I didn’t vote for him but he’s our head coach and he may have a varied cv in terms of results but he is highly rated as a coach and has had some all too easily forgotten successes.

Most people point to his england tenure but not even Cappello (who had a glittering managerial career prior to england) could do much more than qualify.

• 69 LGFUAD21 // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:57 PM

You been watching the watchmen?

• 70 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:57 PM

Wyn I’m neither pathetic or cowed. Unless you are Mystic Meg you haven’t a clue what’s gonna happen in the future. He’s the man that has been chosen whether we like it or not! So we have to see what happens he maybe good he maybe crap but no-one knows

• 71 GeordieTwo // Jun 4, 2015 at 7:58 PM

I was going to play my Tamboolie Rocks on here today to cheer everyone up but now I’m just not in the mood. Harrumph.

• 72 GeordieTwo // Jun 4, 2015 at 8:02 PM

I think we’ll all give Steve a chance when it comes right down to it LGFUAD21 mate. He is a bit of an odd duck but possibly he can lift us. With no decent management around him except possibly Carr however it probably won’t last long.

• 73 GeordieTwo // Jun 4, 2015 at 8:03 PM

Well, possibly all is forgiven then Ibiza mate. And yo does make me happy. How did you know about yo?

• 74 WWSBRD // Jun 4, 2015 at 8:07 PM

Not too recently but that quote does make me want to even though I know it’s not terribly good

• 75 WWSBRD // Jun 4, 2015 at 8:08 PM

I make everyone happy we both know this if there’s one thing people say about me it’s that I bring the smiles!

And that I over react like a 13 year old teeny bopper

• 76 Mister Tuff // Jun 4, 2015 at 8:14 PM

Looks like a pro McLaren group is steadily forming on the blog – a breakaway group so to speak. Managed to get a snap of them preparing to welcome Wally.

• 77 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 4, 2015 at 8:34 PM

Someone tell the tea boy and the comedian’s dad that they’re in the entertainment industry, the part of it that does not require circus clowns, even if some of their customers are clapping seals.

• 78 scout // Jun 4, 2015 at 8:53 PM

Not so pleased about SM but no doubt he can organise a side. He needs the players so time will tell.
    I will refrain from slagging the bloke off, im prepared to give the guy a chance. He certainly deserves that.

• 79 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 4, 2015 at 8:55 PM

How can there be pro/anti SM groups already? There hasn’t been a ball kicked or a signing made yet. So far, the only confirmed negative is Carvup is still at the club

• 80 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 8:58 PM

@YCMIU at last some one who speaks sense

• 81 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 9:01 PM

Skybet have stopped taking bets on Newcastle manager

• 82 Belfast // Jun 4, 2015 at 9:01 PM

The seeds are being sown Markass. I’m on the fence for now.

*but be warned* Manxpie will have purchased his brolly already. 🙂

• 83 Mister Tuff // Jun 4, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Mr Tubbs………………………………OOT
    Brolly purchasers……….definitely OOT
    Just give him ten games brigade…..OOT
    He is better than Percy brigade……OOT
    He is better than Carver brigade….OOT
    Other miscellaneous knackers…….OOT.

• 84 LGFUAD21 // Jun 4, 2015 at 9:22 PM

Mister tuff

Why do you have to fall into one of two extreme positions.

All I’m saying is that even if we aren’t happy with sm he deserves a fair crack from the fans.

• 85 Mister Tuff // Jun 4, 2015 at 9:28 PM

LG – check out Wally’s credentials via this link – I am not filled with any inspiration. also I believe the whole “will he won’t he” become the next coach is a complete charade by the club -he’s been signed up for yonks.
    I suspect normal service will be resumed!

• 86 Mag52 // Jun 4, 2015 at 9:32 PM

Looks like one or two on here are taking their eye off the ball. The villain of the piece, in case you’d forgotten, is Mike Ashley.
    MS, if he does take the job, is simply accepting an offer of employment, and will be judged, as far as I’m concerned anyway, on results.

• 87 p // Jun 4, 2015 at 9:33 PM

yeah, SM is at least a proper, qualified, experienced coach/manager. That is more than we can say for Carver.

However, he is no more than mediocre in my opnion

• 88 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 9:36 PM

so many negative people before we have kicked a ball. some people need to chill

• 89 bettyswallocks // Jun 4, 2015 at 9:44 PM

Mag52……….. Fair point well made. Innocent until proven guilty.

• 90 Laurent Robert 32 // Jun 4, 2015 at 9:44 PM

Tuff, I enjoy those OOT lists you put up. Very amusing.

• 91 bettyswallocks // Jun 4, 2015 at 9:52 PM

Tuff…… What’s the point of making Him the enemy before he’s even arrived.

I’m sure he will be coming to try his best to win games. If he fails then he will know how we feel soon enough.

• 92 Mister Tuff // Jun 4, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Ref Wally – I also believe in innocent until proven guilty. We’ll give him a fair trial before he’s hung. Ah memories of Judge Roy Bean – ” the law west of the Pecos”.

• 93 lochinvar // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:09 PM

So McLaren is to have a say on transfers and other matters , yet Viera who they didn’t interview was somehow told he wouldn’t have that luxury . Is I stupid ?
    The whole charade is just a cheap con trick and the fact the club think that they are pulling the wool over our eyes makes if all the more pathetic. Chanley seems to be the rotten egg, just wish they would all have the decency to get up and go .

• 94 optimistic prime // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:11 PM

What’s Schteeve’s record against the mackems like?

• 95 spitfire_ // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:19 PM

lochinvar // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:09 PM

They want only McClaren. That’s it. The other “contenders” was only to looks that they they actually want a non-british young manager.

• 96 Moonraker15 // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:19 PM

Ok if it’s McClaren so be it! But why does everything take so fcuking long with our club.

It is so frustrating! Why don’t they make an interim statement or something? Anything please!

• 97 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:23 PM

Moonraker probably because SM is on holiday

• 98 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:25 PM

Can’t believe I’m with Professor Tuff on this one. Brolly boys – oot.

• 99 Online Guy // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:28 PM

Quick lads Jeff from Benwell is on metro radio right now

• 100 Mister Tuff // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:29 PM

Blockhead – watch listen and learn!

• 101 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:30 PM

Zero Ambition FC.

• 102 JamesToon // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:31 PM

Mcclarens record vs Sunderland:

Played 6. Won 5. Lost 1.

• 103 Mister Tuff // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:31 PM

LR – glad somebody appreciates my attempts at humour.

• 104 Online Guy // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:32 PM

Blackley and Brownlie

Do you do any fishing ?

• 105 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:33 PM

JamesToon like that record

• 106 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:33 PM

Watch what? Your expositions of the bleedin obvious?

Good old Tuff checks his atlas.

• 107 lochinvar // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:34 PM

Here’s a hot potato – did Charmless interview Viera ?

The Football League wants to introduce a pilot version of American football’s ‘Rooney Rule’ for the 2016-17 season.
    Under the proposals, clubs would be expected to interview one black minority ethnic (BME) candidate for each head coach or manager role.
    Only four black managers are currently employed at the 72 League clubs.
    “It is important we take the lead in this area as our clubs will provide the majority of employment opportunities,” said League chairman Greg Clarke.

• 108 optimistic prime // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:37 PM

Cheers, positive considering last few years.

• 109 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:37 PM

Too Funny

• 110 USAGEORDIE // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:40 PM

Maybe McClaren and Carr will form a strong partnership that will help convince Ashley to invest. I hope he brings Will Hughes along with a top striker like Carlos Bacca, Charlie Austin or Stefan Jovetic.

• 111 lochinvar // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:46 PM

26Rotonda heights // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:12 AM – wrote on earlier bog
    “just what calibre of player do you think SM would attract compared to the likes of a Viera.
    A viera had a feel good factor, SM just has a feel same old, same old factor and nothing changes.
    NUFC is a waiting room for mediocrity. Very few people want this appointment and just see it ending in tears.”

“Waiting room for mediocrity” – poetic brilliance .
    Worst part is that Ashley is the Doctor who will see you now.

• 112 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:47 PM

Charlie Austin gonna wait

• 113 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:47 PM

Are you a brolly boy?

Yeah, you’ve got to give the brolly bloke a chance. I couldn’t stand Percy from the off but gave him time. It’s the tea boy and the comedian’s dad who have shown themselves to be utterly incompetent.

The brolly bloke is uninspiring and past it. But even if he was dynamic and exciting, it’s the tea boy and the comedian’s dad who are running the show. No wonder those two balloons won’t front up and face questioning. They’d immediately be found out and embarrassed.

• 114 Laurent Robert 32 // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:51 PM

• 115 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:54 PM

No way we’ll spend £20 mil

• 116 jimmysmith // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:57 PM

McClaren, expeienced and capable as he is, is more than able to get Newcastle into the top ten, competitive in the Cups and playing some decent football. It shouldn’t be that great an ask for a club of our size.
    The question is whether Ashley will give him and us the players. It’s the quality of the squad that will determine where the side finishes nine times out of ten, and McClaren will do his job to set them up and prepare them. Not the most inspired choice, but not the decision that our fortunes rely on either, by a long chalk.

• 117 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:59 PM

Tweet from Get France Football
    Newcastle have approached AS Monaco for Aymen Abdennour, despite receiving negative indications from the player’s entourage

• 118 sparky55 // Jun 4, 2015 at 11:05 PM

After seeing how Ashley operates over the last 8 years with silence and deceit his mantra…it wouldn’t surprise me if Wally didn’t get the job and someone completely from left field is appointed out of the blue…

…I live in hope

• 119 stan anderson // Jun 4, 2015 at 11:09 PM

Well said WYNSLEAP @ 66

• 120 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 11:10 PM

Sparky you never know, that is highly possible

• 121 Pokat // Jun 4, 2015 at 11:11 PM

Lochinvar – interesting analogy, here’s one in a similar vein I did yesterday –

“Waiting for this “Dream Team” management to be announced can be likened to the feelings that wash over you as you’re in the doctors lying on your side with your knees tucked under your chin.”

I feel it’s still pretty pertinent

• 122 stan anderson // Jun 4, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Well said SPARKY 55 @ 118

• 123 JackButler // Jun 4, 2015 at 11:14 PM

Evening lads

Are we all excited and looking forward to a very busy summer?

• 124 ronaldo aarons // Jun 4, 2015 at 11:17 PM

Why are newcastle going for abdennour? He’s a very good player but we will definitely be wasting our time, which actually is one thing our club currently excels at. He’s well out of our price range plus he doesn’t want to come to a club like this, european football at a minimum is needed. Oh and he has some top teams chasing him.

• 125 jimmysmith // Jun 4, 2015 at 11:17 PM

The club does need 6 to 9 players, because of age and the emotional wear and tear of the last campaign, but it’s usual for a side to need half a dozen in. The problem of course is that under Ashley, you never get what you really need, although he has said that they’ll be making their own luck from now on, which surely is a public commitment to stop short changing the squad, the manager and the fans. It does really boil down to one or two more quality signings than he’s been prepared to deliver in the past, but now we know the money’s there, and we know what’s been said. I’ll give him till the end of the transfer season.

• 126 stan anderson // Jun 4, 2015 at 11:19 PM

We would normally make approach for players or coaches that we have no chance of getting to tempt fans into buying tickets.
    Dont believe the b/shit lads.
    Dont buy the tickets

• 127 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 4, 2015 at 11:21 PM

Our fortunes rely on the tea boy and the comedian’s dad far more than the brolly bloke. We could’ve got a top manager had those two balloons been prepared to relinquish their power and control of all football related matters.

• 128 ronaldo aarons // Jun 4, 2015 at 11:24 PM

What I picked up from the Ashley interview was he said that they will basically continue investing in the club as they have been. The last time the club gave info on transfers and investing was a few years and we were told the whole no capital outlay strategy. So basically now that we stay up are we going to continue the strategy of no capital outlay investment?

• 129 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 4, 2015 at 11:27 PM

The clowns will be busting a gut to tie down the next Cabella, De Jong and Riviere and the seals will be clapping if they pull it off. These two are not up to the job.

• 130 JackButler // Jun 4, 2015 at 11:33 PM

It will be interesting to know if the season ticket sale will go up if/when McClaren is appointed?

His appointment cannot be seen by anyone as a step in the right direction as he is nothing but another “Yes” man whose over the moon at the prospect at managing a so called “Big” club.

As for bolting the horse in place, more like another donkey and false promissess

• 131 Belfast // Jun 4, 2015 at 11:43 PM

Sparky, Appointing from the left field with this lot is Graham Westley, Phil Brown or some other no mark.

No thanks.

• 132 Bri // Jun 4, 2015 at 11:57 PM

I have no respect for anyone who works for us at this present time. Says it all when Wally gets the job,Ashley is terrified of employing an ambitious manager.

• 133 jimmysmith // Jun 5, 2015 at 12:02 AM

There”s no reason to have any particular faith in Charnley, but we’ve lost out on players that would have made all the difference to us because of a reluctance to pay the going rate, not because of him, as far as I can tell. Lacascette, Bony spring to mind. We lost Ba and Remy when they were already playing for us, for the same reason. Cabaye left as a consequence, as did Enrique, Debuchey and others. The club largely sells itself, but at the end of the day it’s down to money, and you’d imagine Charnley gets his remit from Ashley. Offer the dough and they’ll come, Charnley or not, and it’s not silly money either, because often these players have been well scouted and are young or out of contract.

• 134 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 5, 2015 at 12:07 AM

The people of power and influence at the club are incompetent. Apart from deluded John, they don’t care about the club never mind love it. By appointing another typical yes man, it shows there’s been no Damascene conversion.

• 135 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 5, 2015 at 12:15 AM

Getting on board someone like Vieira would be a sign to players and fans that the club has ambition, it has changed its ways of working and is prepared to take a risk to achieve a vision. The message now to any potential signings is “more of the same”. Take a look at the club under Ashley’s tenure and this is what you’re getting into. If Wally inspires you, sign here.

• 136 jimmysmith // Jun 5, 2015 at 12:17 AM

I don’t think an about face is required, just an increase in the transfer budget and salaries offered, off set against increased revenue from league placings and player values when you get it right. I don’t expect more than this from Ashley, he’s not about to start spending like Spurs or Liverpool, but I’ve struggled to see why we haven’t done it more of it, and more often in the past, so counterproductive and unnecessary the relative austerity has been.

• 137 lochinvar // Jun 5, 2015 at 12:18 AM

ToonFromLeeds // Jun 4, 2015 at 10:59 PM
    Tweet from Get France Football

Somehow think that if Viera was Manager ( not Head Coach ) and Mclaren and Carver were out of the way then transfer interests might be a tad more interested in joining a progressive ambitious Premiership hot bed of football with 52,000 fans.

At the moment it’s like we are offering Digestives when we should be tempting cream cakes .

• 138 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 5, 2015 at 12:26 AM

Six months to get an average manager, the most important post at the club. That says to me more average player signings on their way if the club tries hard enough.

• 139 jimmysmith // Jun 5, 2015 at 12:28 AM

Yeah, but I don’t think Newcastle are ever going to be in the business of signing established talent, rather emerging talent, within the current network, and hopefully with a larger outlay. Hence McClaren, but yeah, it’s no blueprint to really challenge the senior clubs, even if it’s legit, although it’s a little hard to expect Ashley to do that, such is the money involved and his clear natural aversion to throwing it around.

• 140 archaeomag // Jun 5, 2015 at 12:30 AM

A Wally with a brolly sponsored by W@nga

A W@nga Wally

• 141 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 5, 2015 at 12:33 AM

Good players are ambitious. You can’t get ambitious players to an unambitious club other than as a stepping stone.

The other way to go is to get a top manager who can make a great team from average players. But the manager needs to hand pick his own average players not simply make the most of Graham Carr’s bargain basement buys.

• 142 Bri // Jun 5, 2015 at 12:34 AM

No doubt just like you i wish the whole lot of them would bugger off including your Moncur’s and Beardsley’s.

• 143 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 5, 2015 at 12:37 AM

What’s Ashley’s plan to win something? To bolt a horse to a cart? Genius.

• 144 jimmysmith // Jun 5, 2015 at 12:42 AM

I don’t know if that’s entirely true. I think Newcastle need to do a better job of getting the better players they have scouted over the line, and this would also make holding on to players easier. They need to do a better job of getting get the Bony’s in and holding on to the Cabaye’s, but good players will always want to move on when the elite clubs show an interest, but a more competitive Newcastle, is still an attractive proposition, for 99% of players, because only so many can play for the elite sides..

• 145 jimmysmith // Jun 5, 2015 at 12:46 AM

If he has a plan at all, i’d say it’s only to put us in the mix, which we’ve only once been, when we were in the Europa, and luck played a large part in getting us there.

• 146 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 5, 2015 at 1:05 AM

Yohan Cabye on Twitter
    yohan cabaye ?@YCabayeofficiel · Jun 5
    Big thank you to all @NUFC fans for the support. You give me a huge energy as you did since 3 years. #neverforget #toonarmy

• 147 one fine day // Jun 5, 2015 at 1:16 AM

carr oot
    carver oot
    stone oot
    woodman oot
    Ashley oot
    Beardsley oot
    moncur oot
    maclaren see above (same old same old)
    charlady oot
    wendy taylor oot
    wonga oot
    puma oot

remi garde DOF
    vierra head coach
    sothamptons academy staff plus those recommended by garde/viera
    snirnicek goalkeeping coach
    Jonas and raylor brought back in and to start on coaching badges but to work with the kids alongside the new coaching set up
    owner 50% branston 50% consortium of support
    ambassodors and community officers fans liasons ginola(worldwide) and sir les(uk based)
    shirt sponsor virgin group (be it atlantic/ gyms/ wines etc rotating and generating revenue into the club plus in all cup games the bobby robson foundation to be given free exposure)
    future plans :
    top 6 minimum but playing expansive passing game from first team through to juniors
    minimum quarter finals in all competitions.
    engage local architects and engineers who are all currently camped in Dubai to produce a design that allows expansion of east stand(renamed the alder and sweeny stand with memorial garden under it and extend the gallowgate end to increase overall capacity to 70,000 using it as a monument to Geordie engineering
    money generated by the feel good factor increased attendance and higher finishing positions along with increased worldwide exposure and commercial revenue will easily off set the additional costs over a 5 year plan .

or we can just be sheep and be doing the same as now in 5 years but in a lower divison with our kit made by sondico and sponsored by budget value meats direct

• 148 one fine day // Jun 5, 2015 at 1:19 AM

Think that’s a come n get me if ever I saw one .

• 149 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 5, 2015 at 1:25 AM

agreed OFD

• 150 davis_toons // Jun 5, 2015 at 2:14 AM

Ashley OUT

• 151 davis_toons // Jun 5, 2015 at 2:50 AM

Can someone tell me why are we only link with McClaren alone and seems like he is the ONLY COACH ALIVE…(so narrow minded management)

The Only Man that have a “SAFE Pair Of Hands” ?

how absurd

• 152 Reyantoon // Jun 5, 2015 at 3:18 AM

Fabian Schar agreed to join Hoffenhiem,
    I thought he is perfect CDF for us.
    Nastasic already moved to schalke permanently.looks like we will only sign one CDF in any case if coloccini stays,willo will probably leave & staylor & Lascelles will be back up defenders,along with Paul Dummett.And I thought we’ll sign Barcelona young striker on loan,can’t remember his name,so why bother regarding Bamford?He is not the type of striker we need anyway.We need proven strikers like Austin, Gignac or Aubamyang.
    One thing is certain though, we won’t sign anyone until McLaren gets unveiled!!And I expect him to go Dutch in player recruitng

• 153 one fine day // Jun 5, 2015 at 3:22 AM

there is nothing “safe ” about maclaren.
    you have to remember we are using the radar of an 80 year old man so we will be left with him as other clubs bring in better more forward thinking coaches and set ups .
    schteve has changed his mind after publically turning us down twice then has the gall to tell us that after being sacked … you really can never …. well lets just say we are the script writers dream

• 154 one fine day // Jun 5, 2015 at 3:29 AM

aubamyang would do well I think but I have a feeling we will again be looking for cheap and loaneess .if Ashley has a get out strategy ,and he has down nothing since his utter bulls%%t speech a couple of weeks back to suggest he has changed his ways, then he certainly wont be looking at long term squad building it will be keeping warm the squads of Chelsea etc
    As with remy if a loanee works out he will by then have seen us for what we are and will not sign a perm deal and if they are sh$T we pay the wages for a season(facundo)

• 155 Reyantoon // Jun 5, 2015 at 3:53 AM

Speaking of Graham Carr
    Will travel the world to scout players,comes up with list,including video tapes of certain players,that usually not known by the head coach.Then it’s up to the head coach to decide and recruit.
    The likes of Garde,viera, Laudrup,Galtier..
    usually want the players they know and familiar with,that is the main stumbling block they were not considered.The likes of McLaren have no problem working under Charnley’s parameters.Besides, someone said the 3 are close mates,so what more different can you expect?

one fine day
    Ofcourse Aubamyang will do well if he comes but have big doubt if they willing to sell him because he now is their top scorer..

• 156 expatmag // Jun 5, 2015 at 4:55 AM

How will we look player wise at the end of the transfer window?

Lets look at who has left first.

Pardew left in January and wasnt replaced. It is thought Crystal Palace paid us 3.5m and add approximately another 1m in salary savings. McLaren will take over next week on probably similar money and no compensation to be paid.

Mbiwa and Santon were sold in january for 5.5m and 2.8m respectively and associated estimated salary savings of 100k per week. For the remainder of the season, it is estimated we saved about 2 5 m in salary costs.

Jonas Taylor Campbell Streete and Alnwick have so far been released with no fees coming in and approximate further salary savings of 100k per week or 5m per annum.

Who will come in?

The likes of Darlow Lascelles Marveaux Vukic Ferguson Mbau Bigi will return from loan. The first 4 players would have to be named in a 25 nan squad if retained although I feel Marveaux and the Rangers 4 will most likely be sold or released therefore freeing up more salary for new signings.

If Tim Krul is retained, I think Elliott will be sold. If we get the CF we desperately need (Austin Carroll Martin Rhodes or Mitrovic) Cisse will be sold.

I can see Williamson and Taylor being sold and replaced in the squad by Van Dyke from Celtic and Lascelles. I would bring in Trippier as back up to Janmaat.

It looks like they want to sell Abeid but I would prefer to keep him and sell Tiote. Obertan can go too as well as Sameobi. Replace them with Hughes from Derby or bring Cabaye back, Wijnaldrum from Feyenoord and offer Aarons an increased incentive based contract.

Finally, if Sissoko wants to leave, sell him to Chelsea for 12 million and replace him with Leroy Fer from QPR for 5m.

Promote some of the better youngsters into the senior squad.

With the sale of these players (Santon Mbiwa Willuamson Elliott Taylor Marveaux Obertan Tiote Cisse Sameobi and Sissoko, I dont see why we couldnt get 35m for them. Add to that the 3.5 m for Pardew, the 34m sitting in the bank and the 19m profit made last year, that is over 90m quid and I dont see why they cant spend a vast proportion if that on transfer fees only. Salary out should be replaced with salary in.

• 157 expatmag // Jun 5, 2015 at 5:05 AM

With all that above, my squad would be (including a couple if cheapies)

Van Dijk
    Matip ex Schalke
    Brady ex Hull

• 158 expatmag // Jun 5, 2015 at 5:12 AM

My team would be (433)

Janmaat Matip Van Dijk Haidara

Cabaye Fer Hughes

Wijnaldrum Austin Ayew

• 159 Santon03 // Jun 5, 2015 at 5:33 AM

I think they have a say on what kind of player they want but not have a final say on who.
    Probably like the type of strikers the hc wants, the scout gave the lists and set priorities like 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice, then negotiation with other clubs but final say who we buy among the 3 is not with the hc.
    It’s impossible if they just buy whoever or whatever they want and ask the hc to manage.

• 160 Santon03 // Jun 5, 2015 at 5:35 AM

what about SDJ?

• 161 Santon03 // Jun 5, 2015 at 5:42 AM

in real madrid, managers don’t have final say, Florentino Perez does. Including sacking Ancelotti and replaced by Rafa.

• 162 Santon03 // Jun 5, 2015 at 5:44 AM

As example of Florentino Perez doesn’t ask manager.

• 163 expatmag // Jun 5, 2015 at 5:44 AM

Sell him. To injury prone. Another 6 million quid in the kitty.

• 164 expatmag // Jun 5, 2015 at 5:46 AM

Forgot Perez as well. Keep him and put on bench in place of Rhodes or loan him out to a top french or dutch team preferably one that is playing in the CL or the EUFA cup.

• 165 Santon03 // Jun 5, 2015 at 5:59 AM

I would love it if we can get Huntelaar, definite goal scorer and has plenty experience.
    I also like the way Anita played the last game, I think he will do well with Collback.
    SDJ is not really injury prone, it was lung condition. Saylor is injury prone category.

• 166 John Tudor // Jun 5, 2015 at 6:04 AM

thigh strains and hamstrings
    not injury prone
    lead swinger

• 167 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 5, 2015 at 6:06 AM

Are ppl getting tired already or are we just accepting nothing will change so when Ashley /Charmless once throw crap our way we will just say “oh well it’s better than Carver” and “lets give him a chance”!

It’s going to be soo much fun again it seems. Wonder how long it will take before certain ppl wake up. Fickle comes to mind…

Think I’ll just enjoy the summer…so much more important things in life than Newcastle!

• 168 Santon03 // Jun 5, 2015 at 6:06 AM

he wasn’t injury prone at ajax.
    seems like all players in this club is injury prone.

• 169 cyprus // Jun 5, 2015 at 6:26 AM

Cabaye on twitter about NUFC fans? Is this the same player who went on strike to leave this team for greener pastures? Thanks and all that, but no thanks man.

• 170 nut meg // Jun 5, 2015 at 6:34 AM

For those that are wanting us to buy Andy Robertson from Hull,Steve Bruce rates him at 30m……….eh… back to the drawing board gents.

• 171 firebug666 // Jun 5, 2015 at 6:44 AM

How could anything change at this club?

Whilst Ashley is still here nothing will ever change, his motto is “profit over ambition”.

Whilst Charnley and Carr are running the club nothing can change, Charnley is totally out of his depth as a MD and instigates more lies than Ashley, I refer to his winter statement on the head coach position. As for Carr, he is a scout, nothing more than that, but now he is a scout with control over who comes and goes at the club.

Enter McClaren, Carr’s best mate.

How can anyone have confidence in a club that is run by compulsive liars?

• 172 Mr Magpie // Jun 5, 2015 at 6:49 AM

Why weren’t we in for Fabian Schar, just signed for Hoffenheim for 5 million. That’s a bargain, yet we are trying to sign a player who has no intention of joining us in Abenddour, who is valued at 20 million, will only leave for champions league & who’s agents have told us he is not interested…….priceless!!!!!

• 173 one fine day // Jun 5, 2015 at 6:56 AM

expat at 157
    I have heard of twin strikers but twins in midfield ?
    do you know something I don’t?:)
    Other than the obeids that’s a very canny dream team / squad .
    And I agree on perez getting some good game time in a league where he has a little more time on the ball .

• 174 firebug666 // Jun 5, 2015 at 6:56 AM

Mr Magpie

We have to be linked with a few expensive players to make it look to the gullible that the club are trying to do the right thing.

Our real targets will be in the 5 – 6 million pound range or FREE.

Leaking the names of a few big names here and there will excite the gullible and sell a few more ST.

This is the way the club has always operated under the current regime.

Nothing to see here, move along. 😀

• 175 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 5, 2015 at 7:01 AM

firebug…then why are we accepting this?

• 176 one fine day // Jun 5, 2015 at 7:03 AM

firebug 666
    “Charnley said “We will NOT be selecting someone because they are a friend of someone at the club” etc etc…

Enter McClaren, Carr’s best mate.

How can anyone have confidence in a club that is run by compulsive liars?

Totally agree .
    I am pissed of I let myself believe last week we were actually turning a corner and was seriously excited about nufc for the first time in living memory that we were turning a corner .
    I never learn.
    Again at the next fans forum you can only hope that exact question is asked of charnley and he will answer it truthfully without asking Mr bishop to hand him some notes.
    If you think about it maybe Carr pushed this through to save his own arse .
    someone mentioned earlier that the garde’s and vieieras of this world would already come in with targets / players in mind and would be savvy enough to have this agreed before they come.
    leaving Carr to do what exactly?

• 177 one fine day // Jun 5, 2015 at 7:07 AM

You’d like to hope very few are accepting this and if they do proceed after this to shell out for a season ticket with the usual jam tomorrow promise then I am sorry they deserve all that comes .
    Anyone know when the fans forum actually is to be held?
    Wasn’t it brought forward to be before the end of the season or was that more lip service from the bishop/ charlady camp?

• 178 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 5, 2015 at 7:07 AM

Lets join forces and then pill the pressure on Charmless and who ever hr keeps appointing untill we feel he’s getting the message!

Ashley might have thick skin, but I doubt Charmless has and I doubt someone like SM would stay if we made his position untenable!

Has everything died with the shutting down of or was it only fun when it was solely about Ashley.

I want him out ad much as the next guy, but can we not try and better our situation along the way? There will be a life after Ashley so lets create a scenario for that.

If it’s just going to be “lets give him time” I’ll find something else to do the next year. Newcastle doesn’t rule my life!

• 179 firebug666 // Jun 5, 2015 at 7:13 AM

I don’t accept it mate, I simply choose to believe that everything the club says is a lie, that way I cannot be disappointed.

I was hoping that AO would have kept up the pressure on the club during the summer, but I guess they all went on holiday too.

one fine day

I use to be you mate, I use to get excited at the stories coming out of the club, but I have learned since that I was just wasting my time and that they were just stories released to appease and control the masses.

History has shown us that the club under this regime is run by liars, they promised to bring the FF meeting forward and to be open and honest with them, more lies.

I love this football club, but I hate the carbon units that are infesting it.

• 180 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 5, 2015 at 7:17 AM

One fine day…the mood or vibe if you will is the alot of ppl on here are coming around to the nation that “well given the right tools he’s actually a good manager”!

So status quo it is! If SM accept this position under the guidelines outlaid by Charmless and the backroom staff stays then he is just a part of the problem.

• 181 firebug666 // Jun 5, 2015 at 7:26 AM

I’m still waiting to see these massive changes that were spoken about, The big clear out?

All we have done is replaced one cog in a broken machine, and are expecting it to start working. Unfortunately the other cogs are still rusted up, it may work for a couple of months but then it will all break down again.

• 182 MrMojoRisin76 // Jun 5, 2015 at 7:29 AM

Lol at the people still thinking Charnley calls the shots,unbelievable.

• 183 firebug666 // Jun 5, 2015 at 7:34 AM

I do think Charnley has the final say, he works to the remit set out by Ashley.

Ashley is a coward, and it’s just like him to put others in the firing line. Now he can sit back and say “it’s not my fault, I don’t run the club”.

Ashley is to blame, there is no doubt about that, he appoints idiots and scum bags to take all the flack while he sits back and counts his profit.

previous post: Steve McClaren Changes His Mind On Newcastle