The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Star Talking Like He’s Going Nowhere This Summer

7:24 pm, Saturday, June 13th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 108 Comments

Papiss Cisse a year ago was recovering from the broken knee-cap he picked up in the game at home to Swansea that we lost 2-1 a year last April, and he missed the start of the season – but when he did come back he made a number of substitute appearance but was still able to knock those goals in, and the Senegal striker  ended up as our top scorer with 11 goals in just 22 appearances.

Some of those goals were really important like the brace that helped us beat Chelsea 2-1 in December, but throughout most of the season he had problems with the surgical screws that had been inserted into his knee to stabilize it, and they caused him some significant discomfort and he had a limp.

papiss cisse scores first goal

Papiss Cisse scoring first goal of his brace against Chelsea

But after he got himself suspended against Manchester United for seven games in early March, he was sent off to Paris and had an operation to remove the screws and when he returned – voilà – the limp was gone and he was nearly fully fit for the first time last season.

We had thought that maybe Papiss would be sold over the summer, but he has talked today on the Newcastle web-site and it seems he’s staying at the club:

“They were brilliant again last season, as they always are,” “If you have fans like we do, who are behind the team the whole time, then Newcastle can achieve anything.”

“When the game starts you can feel them behind you, pushing you on, trying to help you.” “They may not be on the pitch but they are so important to us and make a big difference to the team.
“They make my heart warm. Players need fans like this.”

“I was happy with the season from a personal point of view,” he said, of last term.” “As it came to the end, the most important thing was that the team stayed in the Premier League. That was all that mattered.”

“After that, I obviously wanted to be an important part of the team and scoring goals.” “I didn’t play as many games as I would have liked during the season (through injury and suspension) but I had 11 goals, so I have to be quite happy.”

“Now, I want to make sure that the new season is even better and that I can score goals to help the team have a much better season.”

Papiss turned 30 earlier this month and he still has two years left on the five and a half year deal he signed back in January of 2012 when he was signed from SC Freiburg,  so there’s no reason Newcastle have to sell him, and this lad can score the goals – especially when he is fit.

If Papiss stays at the club then maybe we just need one striker brought in and Newcastle could  have Cisse, Perez, Riviera and Charlie Austin as the four strikers for next season – and that’s some goal scoring  there.

Well – we haven’t got Charlie yet – but he’s our number one target, and we are hoping the club can get him in soon.

Cisse is a very good natural goalscorer and in 110 appearances for Newcastle he’s scored a good 41 goals.

It would be good if Papiss was still at the club come September, but if we do manage to get Charlie Austin in – then what number will he wear, since Papiss has the number 9 jersey?

Tags: Contracts · Papiss Cisse · Premier League

108 responses so far ↓

• 1 WWSBRD // Jun 13, 2015 at 7:29 PM

He will be off during this window if the club have anything to do with it

• 2 beermonkey // Jun 13, 2015 at 7:36 PM

think he has a year left so he wil be desperate to stay so he can cash in on his next move

• 3 WWSBRD // Jun 13, 2015 at 7:44 PM

Pretty sure he will get big money if he moves now and the club will push him out as much as they can

• 4 AndyMac // Jun 13, 2015 at 7:48 PM

Would be happy if the b#####d buggered off asap. Seven game ban for doing something frowned upon in his beloved Quran !

• 5 beermonkey // Jun 13, 2015 at 7:51 PM

big risk if we sell him and don’t buy some1 who is proven to score goals in this league
    we cant afford to wait 6mnth while some1 gets used to the league

• 6 WWSBRD // Jun 13, 2015 at 7:52 PM

Totally agree but I still think the club will try to push him out

• 7 WWSBRD // Jun 13, 2015 at 7:53 PM

Scored the goals that kept us up

• 8 toon22 // Jun 13, 2015 at 7:53 PM

Id keep Cisse and let his contract run out,he will be on fire next season if we do.
    He will want his big money Bosman move.

• 9 armchair fan // Jun 13, 2015 at 7:57 PM

No need to bring his religious beliefs into this.

• 10 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:00 PM

Actually, Andymac raises a good point. Cisse and many other muslim players often make a point of involving their faith in things they do in football. Particularly when it suits them. I dont think they or anyone else can complain if someone says something like Andymac has just said.

• 11 WWSBRD // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:02 PM

Religion and political conversations are outlawed on the blog for good reason

• 12 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:02 PM

I remember Demba Ba refusing to hand the MoM champagne to a team mate on the grounds it was alcohol. He only did that to push islamic agenda imo. Its not like he was asked to drink it.

• 13 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:04 PM

Yeah, but if a player brings his religion into football and promotes it, then it’s going to get discussed.

• 14 beermonkey // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:04 PM

I get the reasons why no club wants to see assets walk for free but there are times when short term gains will cost you
    burnley could have sold ings but kept him because he was there best chance of staying in the league

knowing our lot if he isn’t out the door by sept he will be sold in jan

• 15 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:06 PM

For example…

Cisse “Not wearing wonga, it’s against my faith”….Goes to casino. Oops.

• 16 Offkey // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:07 PM

A fat racist and a skinny racist jump off a cliff. Who wins?

• 17 Offkey // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:08 PM

• 18 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:08 PM

The world?

• 19 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:08 PM

I was close lol

• 20 WWSBRD // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:10 PM

Islamic agenda?
    And they haven’t brought it into football

I agree mate I would happily have Cisse holding the 9 shirt for another year but I don’t think it’ll happen

• 21 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:12 PM

They bring it everywhere. Thats why its always all over the news.

• 22 murvar // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:13 PM

Disgracefully negative comments about a guy who has scored some truly great goals for us and showed last season he an still score goalsd when not suffering from injuries. Turning against such players is why so many other teams’ supporters think our fans are plonkers.

• 23 WWSBRD // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Let’s just not mate

There’s very few rules on this blog but no religious talk is one of them

• 24 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:16 PM

If we get Austin and another striker I’d cash in on Cisse

• 25 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:16 PM

Oh and by the way, this is not just because he is a muslim. I get just as irritated by christian players pushing the christian agenda. There are still pro-sportsmen who refuse to play on sundays and take some sort of false moral high ground because of it.

“Pay me 10000000s but i will refuse certain shifts no matter how much i am needed”

• 26 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:17 PM

My comments were specific to players who bring their religion into football, as it ceeates talking points

• 27 WWSBRD // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:27 PM

Fair play mate but I don’t see how anything has made a talking point

• 28 will die for the toon army // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:27 PM

I wld keep cisse. His record talks for him. 11 goals in 22 games. Not even making 90 minutes.

I wld keep Colo, Cisse, S.Taylor and Toite for transition stage.

• 29 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:28 PM

But, meh.

Everyone was happy to discuss politics when fifa were effing it up, but mentioning the R word, even when it is very relevant, has everyone running for the hills.

Ok then. Lets interpret the rules extra-literally. No more talk about ashleys running of the club as that is political. As are contracts, wages, punishments outside of the game for players who have been a bit naughty.

Then we cant talk about adulterous players either because that is religious.

• 30 JamesToon // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:29 PM

If we play the same system that derby did, then i can’t see how cisse is gonna fit in as a lone striker. All he can do is finish, he can’t hold the ball up, bring other players in or take on players. All of those attributes are crucial for a lone striker in a 4-3-3, so i think we should cash in on him while we can.

• 31 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:29 PM

I wonder what the weather will be like on the first day of the season??

• 32 JamesToon // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:31 PM

Sunderland made a £2M offer to take jenkinson on loan. We should try and go for him but offer 6 or 7mil permanent transfer

• 33 will die for the toon army // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:32 PM

De Jong is also a forward.

Austin, Cisse, De Jong, Perez, Rivere, Arma.

Is ok with me.

• 34 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:35 PM

Riviere will never be a footballer as long as he has a hole in his ar$e. Totally useless. I’d rather have Shola ffs!

• 35 ronaldo aarons // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:37 PM

What do you mean islamic agenda? And at post 21, they bring it everywhere?
    The way I see it, the article mentIons cisse is talking as if he is staying. I don’t see why his religion should come into it. If a person behaves a certain way then that is because of the person himself, if they want to use religion as an excuse then that is down to the person. Has nothing to with religion IMO. It’s the person that should get criticised not the religion.

• 36 will die for the toon army // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:37 PM

In that area I want Richards or Tripper.

• 37 ronaldo aarons // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:38 PM

That’s what I think with regards to this article and posts, I don’t want to add anything that may cause a ‘blog incident’.

• 38 ronaldo aarons // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:41 PM

I don’t know what everyone thinks of chester but I think he is decent, played well yesterday too but is definitely not worth 10m. The good thing I have noticed is that every year he has been improving, I like that in a player.

• 39 beermonkey // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:42 PM

will die for the toon army / jamestoon

to be fair we know the big signings we need
    I would rather McLaren looked at satka as back up right back to bring him into the team if good is ever fit same with him he has played eft back as well cd

• 40 will die for the toon army // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:42 PM

Cisse did well with Ba and Hatem. It was 4 3 3. All Cisse need is to provide e service.

• 41 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:43 PM

My point is that the players use their religion when it suits them. I am not just on about islam. I critisise players who are essentially religious hypocrites.

The think with Islam, though, whether people accept it or not, is that it will take over the world if it has the chance. And its not the first religion to attempt to do so, it just happens to be the most recent to try it, and i doubt it will be the last, but this IS 100% religious so i will leave it at that.

• 42 beermonkey // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:43 PM

don’t know much about chester, but seen a bit of stones at everton wouldn’t say no to him

• 43 ronaldo aarons // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:45 PM

Regarding youngsters, I wonder what’s happened to Curtis good?

• 44 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:47 PM

Will die etc

I agree…

Cisse was great in a proper attacking 433 with good service. It was when we swapped him and ba around in the next season that it went wrong

• 45 will die for the toon army // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:47 PM

Isnt Sakta a CB

• 46 beermonkey // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:48 PM

he picked up a hip injury last year not been seen or heard of since

• 47 will die for the toon army // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:50 PM

ronaldo aarons

Curtis Good is another S. Taylor.

• 48 beermonkey // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:51 PM

will die for the toon army

yes he is but he has played right back and its a less risky position to play him in rather than dumping him in the centre straight away

• 49 ronaldo aarons // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:52 PM

I agree it’s the people that should get criticised.
    I really can’t agree with your second point though, and I don’t want to get in a debate either as it’s not the place for such and I don’t have the time. All I want to say is people need to get their sources if information away from the mainstream media.

• 50 ronaldo aarons // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:54 PM

Yeah I knew good had the injury but it’s as if he has retired or something, the club just don’t mention him at all, it’s very strange.

• 51 beermonkey // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:57 PM

a couple of the expats in Australia have kept me informed on him every now and then on here as there is no info from the club

• 52 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:59 PM

Thats fair enough. And for the record, i dont just go on what I see in main stream media gutterpress. But i agree it should not be discussed on here.

• 53 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 13, 2015 at 8:59 PM

Is Curtis even any good?

…the same goes for Satka!

• 54 Jib // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:00 PM

I’m a tree hugger
    Attack me at your peril you Doylems
    Andymac mentioned the Qoran , not because he’s contentious , he’s a dickheid from Nottingham ffs

• 55 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:01 PM

I felt it was relevant to Cisses attitude, which is why i said he made a good point.

• 56 ronaldo aarons // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:04 PM

Agree, matter is closed for me.

He’s from Nottingham? That explains it lol!!

• 57 JamesToon // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:07 PM

will die for toon army

I agree cisse did play well in that 4-3-3, but i think that was his prime and he’s a bit past it now, he was able to bring others into play during those times

• 58 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:07 PM

I am off to watch England play Mexico in the Womens world cup.

May God, Allah, Vishnu, Buddha, Satan(it takes all sorts) or, if you are like me, the forces of nature bless you 😀

• 59 Charge // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:08 PM

If you want to rant about Islam get onto a Britain First forum. Cisse’s goals have kept us up twice and got us into Europe once. Would surely make sense to keep him ’til Christmas then cash in and let him have one last big payday.

• 60 beermonkey // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:09 PM

heard some ok things about satka good not sure he has got a league cup runners up medal but he was poor when I saw him

for me I would rather McLaren and his team looked at these players before we start buying squad players

the only thing on our shopping list at the moment should be defenders and strikers

also our players are not due back till july all these fringe players I would ask to come back a week or 2 early so McLaren can asses them

so glad carver has gone what little faith I had in him died when he said he didn’t know Sammy could take corners that for me sums up carver and pardew

• 61 armchair fan // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:15 PM

I’m sorry I can’t let this point go.

AndyMac to state that a player should leave because he defied his own belief seems almost closet racist to me.

So if a Christian, like Jonny Evans spits back, should he not play also? I don’t think the bible condemns spitting does it?

Nah, it’s just cos he’s a muslim.

Typical closet racists in denial

• 62 ronaldo aarons // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:15 PM

Yeah that Sammy ameobi comment cracked me up. Some of his deliveries were quite dangerous actually. He’s someone I think is worth keeping for at least another year, I think he’s got good potential and don’t want to write him off just yet.

• 63 armchair fan // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Sameobi is the only one who can cross a ball from a corner in our whole team.

Nah, his dog’s cousin’s daughter is a muslim.

Get him out.

• 64 will die for the toon army // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:18 PM

I wld keep Cisse coz I know he will score 11 goals and above.

• 65 beermonkey // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:21 PM

we have offered him a deal wouldn’t surprise me if he turned up at palace

I think our players have been so poorly coached in the last few years with the exception of willo and obertan I wouldn’t right any of our players off until McLaren and co have looked at them

• 66 will die for the toon army // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:23 PM

Stop the Islam stuff and we blog NUFC.

• 67 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:23 PM

beer…alot of us are please that both Pardew, Carver and Stone as well are gone 😀

…it’s just that I don’t know much about our youngster. So many ppl hype them up,but I always get so disappointed when I see them.

• 68 Toon Tang // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:25 PM

Doesn’t Papiss hold the record for least minutes played and most goals scored in the Prem or am I offering up stats I maybe dreamed about whilst mashed up??

• 69 Jail for Ashley // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:27 PM

Who’s andymac, who is JiB, just who the fcuk is who these days, Ian Toon accused me of being murvar and sack llambias who no one had really heard of, lo and behold they’ve both posted in the last few days ???

• 70 ronaldo aarons // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:27 PM

Has anyone else seen a player Franco Vazquez? He was a player I enjoyed watching the most last season in any league and I would love newcastle to go for him. He would really be the perfect number 10 for us, I know were not desperate for a number 10 but I would go for him and sell one of ours. Fantastic player.

• 71 beermonkey // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:30 PM

I know we tend to hype up players
    McLaren is famed for his coaching and from his time at man u must understand the value of sending them out onloan
    so I more willing to listen to his opinion on our players
    than the last lot

I also think a lot of the over hype would come from pards he was always bigging them up and never playing them or giving the a dew mins

• 72 ronaldo aarons // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:31 PM

I’d like to see carver turn up down there with woodman snr in tow, we’ll keep his son though 🙂 and yeah I agree I think we have been poorly coached as we have some really good players that might be given the opportunity to show their quality.

• 73 will die for the toon army // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:32 PM

I wld give every one a clean slate. Am glad Marvueax is still here. But there is when obertan hit real form before his injury against Liverpool.

• 74 ronaldo aarons // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:38 PM

I have no idea how you keep track if I’m honest with you.

• 75 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:38 PM

Dost going nowhere

• 76 will die for the toon army // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:39 PM

I think woodman is good coach to stay.

• 77 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:44 PM

Just watched Robbie Brady cause absolute havoc in the Scotland box with his deliveries a very useful squad player or an improvement on Haidara who cant cross at all !!

Also see Leicester City are supposed to be making a move for Chester who Pearson signed for Hull …….

• 78 ronaldo aarons // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:44 PM

Will die at 73
    Obertan did look good, it was at the time we were playing deep counter attacking football with 2 actual wingers. Obertan on one side, aarons and then ameobi on the other with Sissoko bombing on through middle. Abeid and colback held things together in midfield. We hit teams on the break, the wingers stretched the defense and Sissoko would make ground like anything with Perez finding so many gaps. It was good to watch actually.

• 79 Bambams // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:48 PM

This is just my opinion but I believe Cisse who is a half chance finisher would do very well alongside someone like Austin or Shearer type player.
    He scores goals that he doesn’t have to think about. …impulsive, half chance natural finisher. He ain’t someone who will run from the half way line beating two defenders before rounding the keeper slotting home. Don’t think about it and smash it home.

• 80 will die for the toon army // Jun 13, 2015 at 9:51 PM

ronaldo aarons

Pardew never had a plan B or our players r different coz everytime one got injured we went flat and had to change e system.

• 81 sportiquet5 // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:03 PM

I’m sorry guys got some bad news for you ????

• 82 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:07 PM

Diego Costa may be going to Real Madrid that might throw a spanner in the Austin deal

• 83 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:13 PM

do tell sportiquet

• 84 beermonkey // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:21 PM

if remy goes I can see Austin maybe going there but they want proven scorers jose wont put his faith and career in a player that’s only done it in the league once
    if costa goes a big name comes in some1 proven

• 85 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:22 PM

fair point beer.
    We need to work quick if we are gonna sign Charlie

• 86 ScoopSouthAfrica // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:29 PM

Hi Jib
    Thanks for the movie memory…
    Def no 5 Waldron on supermacs back for his first goal.
    It was a shame the final did not go our way.

• 87 beermonkey // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:32 PM

Liverpool Southampton villa if they sell benteke
    west ham maybe and us
    but with all the money floating around any team can afford him

when players in the championship are moving for 10 mill is 15 mill expensive

• 88 ITUNDERASHELL // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:34 PM

flash but does not have a brain. Why does he not know how to stay onside?

• 89 toon22 // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:38 PM

Lets hope SM can bring a mind set to the toon,if Atustin says no move on.
    Simple as.
    If he then changes his mind you see if you still need him,not the other way around.
    Its not like your buying Messi or the likes.

Its whats wrong with the toon atm,the desperation drags us down.

• 90 toon22 // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:42 PM

Imho we will see how the toon will play next season by the methods employed in training.

Each manager has his own prefered way and it shows when the team plays.

Maybe we will not just hit every corner to the back post for Willo to head back across,hopefull yes but a realistic expectation.

• 91 Sleepin Giant // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:42 PM

Regardless of who we sign, I think SM’s reputation will be a positive pull for some players who would not otherwise want to come here. We will definitely have a wider pool of talent given his reputation in Holland, UK and elsewhere for being a great coach. Ashley’s alleged commitment to winning things needs to be sold to incoming players after last season.

• 92 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:44 PM

Please NO

• 93 jimmysmith // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:46 PM

Newcastle might imagine they needed to replace the manager and bring in a striker of quality and perhaps try to offload Obertan, Gouffran, Raylor, Guti and Willo and replace them with cheap continental talent if they could, and be back on track.

You look at last season, and the failure to recruit Remy or Lacaszette, the incredible injuries, and the loss of Pardew look very much a strongly arguable reason why we didn’t finish top eight or progress in the cups. I’m not convinced that the squad shapng for last season was so far removed from what they envisage for this, except there’s no doubt this year they need to bring in someone like Austin.

I don’t doubt they’ll be banking on us not having the same run with injuries, but i’m far from convinced that they aren’t hoping to get De Jong, Aarons, S Taylor, Tiote and Cisse fit and once again bank on the unlikely event they do, arguing that lightning won’t strike twice.

• 94 toon22 // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:47 PM

We need to sign players who arnt injury prone,short,slow and have a terrible atitude.
    Add to that the reluctance to actually sign people in possitions we actually are short of.

Yes MA loves em as they are cheap but the proof is in the pudding,getting away from profitable signing and actually getting what the team needs.How many years have we been short of a decent CB,or a dominat striker?

• 95 toon22 // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:50 PM

As for AC with the cheap strikers we currently go for he seems like an obvious choice,yes he is injury prone but at least he is good in the air and can hold the ball up.
    In a squeeze he also shows up for big games.

• 96 sparky55 // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:52 PM

Carroll should only ever be considered on a pay as you play and it looks like that’s whats going to happen…so lets see

• 97 jimmysmith // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:52 PM

“once again bank on the unlikely event that they stay fit”

• 98 toon22 // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:53 PM

DE Jong seems like true to type,will spend most of his whole life injured.
    Not supriseing if you look at his record.
    Its why he is here,nobody else wanted and we were desperate.

The cycle we need to change.

• 99 Tsunki // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:55 PM

What Sorry guys have got some bad news for us? Is it weirdo week here and nobody warned me in advance? Judging by the balloons who decided to go sideways into religious issues. Can I just say try re-reading the drivel you’ve all pasted on this blog again then go away, have a warm sugary tea and then think about why you just DON’T DO IT!

Jibberish from Benwell back on with his Google news, the fruitcake shape shifter who now does welshgeordie impressions while welshgeordie has simultaneously disappeared…the lunacy goes on. Used to be a football blog it’s a madhouse now. This is five minutes after I ended the Pokat experiment and nobody learns anything. Maybe I didn’t help the situation with that, I dunno but seriously this place is chock full of WUMs

• 100 beermonkey // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:56 PM

caroll has 4 years left on a 6 year deal on 105k a week he aint gonna leave there, he has just had a baby and his misses in a tv show in London
    he aint going anywhere

• 101 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:57 PM

Although i am not keen on an Andy C return, pay as you play and a performance incentified transfer from WHU is probably the only way i would take him. He IS a very good player when fit, and more than just a long ball merchant, but we would still need another striker to cover for the two thirds of the season he would be missing

• 102 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:57 PM

I hope you are right Beer
    Tsunki is the Pokat in you coming out again lol

• 103 beermonkey // Jun 13, 2015 at 10:59 PM

dejongs games record apart from his last season at ajax was good

28 then 47. 39 52.
    go have a look

• 104 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 13, 2015 at 11:01 PM

Meanwhile, Tsunki gets himself some tartan slippers and a pipe, since he is now playing blog-dad. Looks like he might need a sugary tea, too.

• 105 Belfast // Jun 13, 2015 at 11:06 PM

You made the bloody situation 10 times worse Skunki no doubt about that.

After you revealed the Pokat experiment the blog has been flooded with heedbangers.

Your litte experiment has angered the heedbanger spirits.

• 106 sportiquet5 // Jun 13, 2015 at 11:33 PM

Charlie Austin has agreed in principal to join Aston villa , however villa are waiting for Andreas weimann who is due to go opposite direction sorry guys

• 107 lesh // Jun 14, 2015 at 12:21 AM

It goes without saying that Cisse’s going nowhere this summer: His new wife’s in France!

Ah, but there’s the small matter of his ex in Gateshead – unless Pappis thinks she doesn’t know he’s got married!

• 108 lesh // Jun 14, 2015 at 12:26 AM

If we did try to get Austin and if it is true that he’s ready to go to Aston Villa, questions have got to be asked of Charnley.

He’s had six months to line up players and other clubs are signing. What’s he been doing?

previous post: Former Chelsea And Barcelona Star Could Be McClaren’s Assistant