The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Saints To Beat Newcastle To International Striker

6:21 pm, Monday, June 15th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 238 Comments

It’s difficult to know if 22 year-old Malaga striker Juanmi was one of Newcastle’s top striker targets – since we seem to have already put in bids for both Wolfsburg striker Bas Dost (£9M is the reported bid) and also of course for Charlie Austin, who seems to be our number one target.

Juanmi Jimenez

Juanmi – looks like Southampton will sign him

There is news today that Southampton are expecting to sign Juanmi,and they have agreed to pay out the €7M (about £5M in today’s exchange rate) release clause in his contract, and personal terms have also been agreed.

It will not be the first time the Saints have beaten Newcastle to one of our targets, since last summer they brought in Atletico Madrid center-back Toby Alderweireld for a season long loan spell.

We could really have used Toby last season, since we were really short of good experienced center-backs.

Juanmi was capped for the first time for Span in March, and he reminds us quite a bit about Ayoze Perez – a small Spanish forward who can play up front as an out-and-out striker or out on the wing.

Ayoze is actually 4 inches taller than Juanmi so he’s not exactly little and he built himself up well last season, so the likeness between the two players’ styles may be why Newcastle didn’t go all out to get Juanmi.

Of course we still are in with a decent chance of getting both Dos and Austin to Tyneside,  and those two would be great signings for Newcastle.

I noticed a comment or two about why all this stuff about transfers going on now, when the window doesn’t officially open until July 1st.

Deals are agreed now, and then they are signed on July 1st and made official.

In fact Davide Santon is still officially our player until June 30th, with a deal already being agreed with Inter-Milan for his transfer.

Tags: Newcastle News · Recruitment · Scouting Network · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

238 responses so far ↓

• 1 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:25 PM

Good. Good. That’s settled then. We’re not getting Juanmi. I didn’t like his name anyway.

• 2 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:26 PM

So Perez is actually a power forward compared with Juanmi then? Excellent. I knew we were going to need the Belgian midget strikers. Juanmi was actually too tall. Harrumph.

• 3 lochinvar // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:27 PM

Juanmi – why would anyone want to buy a Board Game that gets you into so much trouble ?

• 4 croftus5678 // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:35 PM

@3 loch

lol jumanji

• 5 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:36 PM

In order to get beaten to players we have to be in for them in the first place really.

• 6 Belfast // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:37 PM

It’s Junmangi !

Where we even in for him? Probably not.

• 7 Belfast // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:38 PM

*Jumangi*

• 8 croftus5678 // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:39 PM

tbf i think like perez juanmi would have been bought for the dev squad and at 5mil that was never going to happen !

at the 2mil that was reported then we would have been interested but no way at 5mil as he’s far from prem standards atm…..still better than obertan and goofy though lol

• 9 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Valid point

• 10 Toon Tang // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Still not quite there Belfast ahaaaa

• 11 Belfast // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Got there in the end toon tang.

• 12 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:49 PM

Apparently Man City to bid €114Mil. for Pogba. Mike get yer wallet out. Bargin.

• 13 kakaobi // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:50 PM

There’s only one Andy Carroll that’s what we’ll be singing next season

• 14 chasing_rabbits // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Might take them out of the QPR race though?

• 15 chasing_rabbits // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:55 PM

Obviously I mean Charlie Austin, not QPR

• 16 Ibizatoon // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:55 PM

Good. Didn’t want him anyway. We don’t want players coming in and getting in the way of our next “top young exciting prospect” from the academy.

Have the club let us know how this new plan ties in with the old plan by the way? Is it basically the same old plan but now we want to win something, rather than publically saying we don’t want to win anything in case we get relegated?

Oh, and how are we all doing? Summer’s here and I’m missing my blog family. Except you Belfast. Of course.

• 17 Belfast // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:56 PM

I’ve been wondering for the last few days how Man City are going to get round the financial regulations for this little spending spree ?

Pogba, Sterling and Kevin De Buryne.

• 18 Ibizatoon // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:57 PM

Chasing…I think you may be on to something there. This guy is just a decoy.

All our chips are on Austin really. Let the other teams “steal” our “targets” and leave us with Austin.

Love it. What could go wrong? 🙂

• 19 Ibizatoon // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Belfast…I guess they’ll just pay the fine and select a smaller squad for the CL as that was their punishment last time, right?

• 20 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Never seen this Bas Dost kid but reading between the lines, I fear this is another typical second rate spot by the comedian’s dad.

• 21 SUTTY1978 // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:58 PM

I’ve heard it is a Malaga centre back were interested in, not this little chap.

• 22 cyprus // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:59 PM

I’d like a superfast forward, Bellamy style, who can terrorise defences, open up spaces for Perez and _______, show passion, and fight with opponents-

Please.

• 23 Ibizatoon // Jun 15, 2015 at 6:59 PM

Blackley…It is frustrating that the board haven’t understood Mike’s message.

• 24 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:00 PM

Who’s shocked?

• 25 Belfast // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:02 PM

I’ve been enjoying your absence Ibiza.

• 26 Ibizatoon // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:03 PM

Belfast…Don’t say that. I’ll have to find more time for the blog.

• 27 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:03 PM

A leopard never changes his spots

• 28 Belfast // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Yes Ibiza but I think the punishment is bigger the next time you break the rules. I suppose when you’ve got that much money a 50 million fine is like 50 quid. Lol

• 29 Ibizatoon // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:04 PM

TFL…Amen to that. That’s why I try to avoid Belfast.

Spotty b*st*rd.

• 30 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:06 PM

Don’t want to depress people but Pogba is supposedly being offered €92Mil. Wage over 5 years with a signing on bonus of 15Mil. That’s just mad. With the relaxing of fair play the top teams are just going to be out of sight. Newcastle really missed the boat a few years back. Might as well just make the champions league a league on it’s own.

• 31 Ibizatoon // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:06 PM

Belfast…So they get tougher with you the more you break the rules?

When money isn’t an issue though – I’m not sure how effective fines will be.

Banning clubs from European competition is surely a way to stop it.

• 32 croftus5678 // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:08 PM

@ibiza

ye good ty m8 hows you ?

and aye our teams full of up and coming youngsters who just dont make the grade ! i.e. campbell.streete/vukic/bigi/ferie/good(who i dont believe will)

arma/rolando i dont doubt will make it though and they will def be worth the wait but macca needs to play arma differently to how pard’s played him and give him support up there.

1 big lad to sign imo either dost or austin with cisse/perez/arma and siem if needed to fill in (even though i think he’s best as acm)

• 33 Ibizatoon // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:08 PM

heroes…Don’t be depressed about it. Buying expensive players is a mugs game.

No pound for pound value.

I bet if we did the stats on Pogpa vs Colback everyone would see that Colback is the best choice. Mugs, the lot of ’em!

• 34 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:10 PM

pound for pound value? is he buying footballers or stock for shitty sports direct?

• 35 LewSpi v2.0 // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Ahh Ibiza, hola!

Nice to see one of few usernames on the blog I recognise from year to year when I frequent in the summer.

Hope you’re well mate.

• 36 Ibizatoon // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Croftus…All good thank you. Fairly busy over here, but I’m not losing it quite yet (I hope).

The issue for me is that our squad is reliant on these players being able to make an impact. They are the players to replace our purples when not available.

Most of them should be out on loan. Aarons is a player that loads of people were desperate to get back in to the mix last season. Show’s where we’re at really.

There’s a long summer ahead.

• 37 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Ibiza. you’re right of course. I forgot myself for a moment. Thanks for reminding me that it’s the sell on value that counts. Silly name anyway. Go Jack go..

• 38 Ibizatoon // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:14 PM

TFL…Don’t you think Mike can be successful in bringing his SD mindset to football?

Affordable football with an owner who wants to win something. You get a free mug. What have you got to lose?

LewSpi 2.0 – Long time no speak. I’ve noticed there are quite a few new names this past week. It’s something about the summer, brings people out of hibernation 🙂

How’s things?

• 39 Belfast // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:15 PM

Yeah they where talking about relaxing the rules well Platini was anyway. All because his Psg have absolutely no chance of complying with the rules.

The signing bonus would be nice. You could happily retire with that…

• 40 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:17 PM

wasn’t das bost a german war film?

• 41 WWSBRD // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:17 PM

Vieira was never really in the frame, from what I heard he didn’t even talk to Newcastle let alone offered the job to turn down

• 42 jayphoto // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:18 PM

Bas Dost has taken a season to settle wherever he’s gone! Useful player who would improve our squad but id be very disappointed if he was out number 1 striker

• 43 Jib // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:20 PM

People who know their footy (and there aren’t too many on this blog ) acknowledge that Emannuel Riviere for long spells looks the part , he takes up good positions and has a feel for the game .
    Because of this I’m confident that a top coach like SM will provide the input and guidance to enable a renaissence for the lad starting with the tour of the States and into our pre season.

• 44 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Belfast.. you could put on a pretty decent party anyways. What does a Jumbo cost these days?

Anyway back to reality. When are we going to sign someone? We can offer a bag of peanuts if anyones interested.

• 45 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:22 PM

You cheeky pillock jib

• 46 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:22 PM

TFL yes I think it sank didn’t it? Then crawled to harbour to be dismantled.

• 47 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:23 PM

Sounds about right Toonhereos

• 48 Jib // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:24 PM

By the way das boot (a tale of everyday life on a Nazi submarine ) was very watchable

• 49 Ibizatoon // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:25 PM

Heroes…It’s okay. It happens to us all. All those years looking at it wrong. It’s hard to break the cycle 😉

Belfast…He has calmed down quite a lot since PSG came about a penny or two. Funny that.

Jib…Come on, stop being so polite. Tell us what you really think. We’ll just sit and listen…go

• 50 toonincheek // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:25 PM

Ibiza
    Lots of new names . . . but
    Not so many new people!

• 51 Sazzer // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:26 PM

SUTTY1978
    I can’t see us being interested in any CB:s from Malaga mate. We have been linked RB Rosales when he was at Twente. Otherwise it’s mainly Darder and Camacho in that team. Maybe Castillejo, he scored two against us.

You probably thinking about Mere.

• 52 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:26 PM

well said toonincheek lol

• 53 Sazzer // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:27 PM

Stoke City to sign Hannover’s Joselu

• 54 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:28 PM

croftus…I suppose they’ll both be good signings. But price matters for a club like ours.

• 55 lesh // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:30 PM

The kid visited SJP a few months ago and doubtless met the best coach in the Prem.

Enough said!

• 56 Jib // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:30 PM

OK
    Ibiza presumably you speak Spanish
    Explain Tique Taka futbol
    btw any schoolboy in the Balearics could write an essay on it .

• 57 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:32 PM

Jib if you are gonna try and be intelligent pls try and spell it correctly tiqui-taca

• 58 firebug666 // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:32 PM

Newcastle’s new signings will be announced immediately after all the other clubs have finished their business, this way we can grab all the freebies and cheap players that are left.

Never was a club more frustrating to support.

And still no word on the fans forum meeting.

• 59 Jib // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:34 PM

With regard to CB’s
    I think it’s nailed on we are getting Douglas from Barcelona on a seasons loan with an option to buy

• 60 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:35 PM

Firebug it’s bargain basement as usual

• 61 Belfast // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:35 PM

I don’t no how much it is for a jumbo nowadays mate haha

Think it was £ 2.50 when I drunk it, though you could get white lightning for £1.90 or something, but you needed to be a hard kernt to drink that. You could feel the hairs growing on your chest as you drank it. 🙂

• 62 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Jib
    I must admit I liked what I saw of Riviere – took up some great positions linked up well with Perez – BUT a BIG BUT needs to put away the chances that come his way. Maybe different coaches might get something out of him. Anyway does the TOON have a attacking coach. If not need one. and a Defensive coach as we Did not score enough and let in far to many.
    Like to see PAV at the TOON as a goalkeeping coach – maybe’s he could teach our keepers to command the six yard box and kicking the ball /distribution from backpasses

• 63 firebug666 // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:36 PM

TFL @57

He still needs to learn that Google Translate doesn’t always get it right.

• 64 mickalfas // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Apparently Mike is taking it slow with the transfers ,in case we get fined under the financial fair play rules
    The £50m fine is what he intends to spend in the January window ,on players we missed out on now

• 65 Ibizatoon // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Jib…You remind me of someone.

Don’t worry – I wont tell. I missed you.

toonincheek…I haven’t a clue what you mean!

• 66 lesh // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:37 PM

So, the Club’s had its targets identified for some time?

Where are they? Surely they should’ve been signed by now…… Or is the party line going to be no signings until McClaren’s reviewed the current squad?

I’ve no problem about reviewing the squad but it’s so weak and the positional gaps so obvious there’s no excuse for not bringing in at least one striker, a CB and LB.

But we must be patient – like what other clubs like Southampton, Sperz and Liverpool have been?

Is Charnley capable of doing anything without having a boot up the backside? I fear not.

• 67 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:37 PM

Charlie need someone to show Tim Krul how to kick lol

• 68 Jib // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:38 PM

Leeds
    Whoops

• 69 WWSBRD // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:38 PM

Haha yeah Ibiza explain
    #teamjib

• 70 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:38 PM

Haha Firebug

• 71 WWSBRD // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:39 PM

IN SPANISH

• 72 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:39 PM

Belfast. choked on that mate. Classic

• 73 Jib // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:40 PM

Leeds
    I have a Spanish wife
    I’ll cut you some slack cos you are dis—-
    ahh forget it

• 74 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:41 PM

Jib Tiki Taka originates from the Spanish Tiqui- Taca which basically translates as one touch!

• 75 WWSBRD // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:43 PM

TFL
    Don’t help Ibiza! And that wasn’t in Spanish this everyone please ignore this for the record

• 76 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:44 PM

Jib. It basically means.. to you..to me.. to you..repeat until bored then score.

• 77 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:46 PM

Deffo Jeff in benwell, shites more lies that mike ashley

• 78 jane // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:46 PM

“Where are they? Surely they should’ve been signed by now”

from Ed’s article above..

“Deals are agreed now, and then they are signed on July 1st and made official.”

• 79 Ibizatoon // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:47 PM

Yo…As it’s you, I will let you know that I wont be participating. No (that’s Spanish and English by the way), I will not be explaining anything in Spanish.

I’d only mess it up anyway. Jib is the football expert on here. He’s just a modest and wants to be asked.

Come on Jib, explain all. We’re all ears (or eyes). Except me, I’m going to go eat.

I hope we can catch up soon. You can tell me about your trip to Mallorca.

Bye everyone.

• 80 Jib // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:47 PM

It actually ocmes from the noise that the kids toy makes
    In English “Clackers” in Spanish “Tique Taca”

• 81 Ibizatoon // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:47 PM

Jane…Before I go. Are you Spanish?

Food time. Bye.

• 82 Sazzer // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:49 PM

Jesper
    Mitrovic played Denmark recently was he better than Bendtner?

• 83 Jib // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:49 PM

Jane
    I forget are you Jeff , or is it me ?

• 84 WWSBRD // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:51 PM

Ibiza
    Haha enjoy ur food buddy

• 85 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:51 PM

Tique in English means ticket or receipt you dipstick

• 86 WWSBRD // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:52 PM

Jib
    Pretty sure u both are

• 87 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:52 PM

I have a degree in spainsh,
    oh I’m off before I lose my rag

• 88 Jib // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:52 PM

Bendtner
    Now there’s a striker
    Arrested for kicking off car mirrors in Stowell Street
    Apparently took 34 attempts before getting one

• 89 Jib // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Ticket is “billete”
    Receipt is “recibo”

• 90 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Have u heard of slang words? much in the way English use slang words Tique is slang.

• 91 Belfast // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:58 PM

Jeff/Jib/Jane have any of you three seen or heard from Welshie ? 🙂

• 92 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:58 PM

as u are fond of google Jib read this

• 93 Sazzer // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:58 PM

Luis Suárez is still on gaspatxo diet cause he’s not allowed to bite.

• 94 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:59 PM

pmsl Sazzer

• 95 jane // Jun 15, 2015 at 7:59 PM

I am honoured to be compared to a man with such a big reputation.

• 96 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:01 PM

Belfast, Sazzer and pals sorry for losing my rag, that numpty has riled me

• 97 Jib // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:01 PM

tfl
    I think you just backed yourself into a corner.
    How many Weetabix tokens was your Spanish degree?

• 98 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:02 PM

have u read the link I posted numb nuts?

• 99 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:04 PM

I think you’ll find I got it from the university of Leeds, not the university of google like you jib

• 100 Jib // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:05 PM

Yup
    Thats South American Spanish
    They call an Autobus a guagua ffs

• 101 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:09 PM

It’s Spanish, the same Spanish I was taught at, high school, college and then university!

• 102 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:12 PM

A lot of you have been asking Ibiza and I when our first top player is coming in. Well just steady yourself mates. The time is now to announce the signing of Phil Gristle from the Trowbridge Tremblers. Take that Man City. Eat your hearts out Chelsea. And people didn’t believe in Mike. Harrumph.

• 103 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:13 PM

They call him the Gristleizer mates. And now he ours.

• 104 Jib // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:14 PM

So was that the Leeds Uni in Guadalajara
    Cos every degree course in the UK I have dealt with uses Castellano and sneers at American Spanish.
    Put your hands up and surrender

• 105 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:14 PM

El burro sabe mas que tu

• 106 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Well, that’s our complete transfer budget done. So don’t go getting greedy demanding more precious loot be spent. Some of you are just unbelievable….. I won’t mention any names TFL, beermonkey, etc. etc.

• 107 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:17 PM

haha G2 u sound just like Charnley

• 108 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:19 PM

G2 I heard the Gristleizer is a tough cookie. Get him in.

• 109 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:21 PM

Yes, harrumph TFL. I can speak Charnley when necessary. Here’s more of it:
    “You tw@ts are clueless. Mike and I know how to run a club in a sound financial way. You don’t just go out and get a Phil Gristle without knowing what you’re doing. But you lot wanted us to waste money on Charlie Austin! Unbelievable! I told Mike and he hasn’t stopped laughing yet.”

• 110 jazzyp // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:21 PM

Evening all

Any juicy goss today on the transfer front, Or is the fat controller still keeping his wallet close to his chest

• 111 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:22 PM

He is in toonheroes mate! Our scoring troubles are over with the Gristleizer on the pitch. I would just sell all the other strikers we have now Lee.

• 112 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:22 PM

JIB
    I must not know my footie because Riviere looks hopeless. Seeing as you rate him highly, I’m now expecting big things from him next season.

• 113 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:23 PM

🙂 G2, no jazzy not yet

• 114 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Haven’t you been paying attention jazzyp mate? It’s all over the boards now. Phil Gristle is ours! How could you have missed that? Incredible.

• 115 Jib // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Siem de Jong was the 1st signing by miles last Summer and that wasn’t announced until 1st July
    so don’t hold your breath people.

• 116 Belfast // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:24 PM

Tonta !

Besa mi culo.

• 117 optimistic prime // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:24 PM

I suppose if you talk enough shite for 3 people you may aswell have 3 accounts to post from.

• 118 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:25 PM

omg Belfast pmsl

• 119 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:25 PM

All our goss is juicy goss jazzyp. You know that. Our most boring goss is juicier than an overripe cantaloupe. Just sit back and squeeze the goss mate.

• 120 Jib // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:27 PM

Blackley
    Rivi’s finishing is execrable but he gets himself in good positions and sometimes his movement is 1st rate.
    Often the finishing is a matter of timing and confidence which CAN be coached.

• 121 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:27 PM

I’m just completely happy with the transfer window now and it hasn’t really opened yet. In my wildest dreams I didn’t think we’d get the Gristleizer.

• 122 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:27 PM

Caca de toro

• 123 Jib // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:29 PM

Belfast
    I am male , therefore Tonto.
    Jane is Tonta

• 124 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:30 PM

I hear we’re also sounding out Carlos Limptwig. He would be a great addition to our already amazing CB corps. Beautiful Lee.

• 125 jazzyp // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:30 PM

Gtwo

Oh well mate at least I will sleep much better knowing Mashley has billions tucked away rather than whistling it away on us peasants.

• 126 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:32 PM

Good philosophy jazzyp mate. See bad in good. Have you watched Fifth Element?

• 127 stagman // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:33 PM

Why do we even bother listening to the alleged speculation as to who we are supposedly signing? We all know that the only buy from Aldi and not Waitrose. The only players that we will sign are those that no one else wants or a lucky punt on a Perez. Can you really see Austin coming up here? even if there was no one else interested we have no chance of signing him. Offering 10m when they want 15m ha ha

• 128 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:34 PM

I hope you lot are busy buying your Newcastle United FA cup 2016 winners jersies already. I’m preparing a spot in the trophy cabinet as we speak. Beautiful.

• 129 Belfast // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:34 PM

I thought it meant bollox ? Think I’ll give up before I offend someone lol

• 130 felling mag // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:35 PM

Have been told tonight that we have signed virgil van dyk and it`ll be announced in the next few days. its came from an ex newcastle player whos been on a stag do with a sunderland player in last vegas. only passing on what av been told. hope its true thou as we could do with a commanding centre half. if its true i hope hes better than boumsong as he looked pretty solid up in scotland.

• 131 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:35 PM

We are not Meat Popsicles Ashley! We demand respect! Harrumph!

• 132 Jib // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Blackley
    Also possession of a season ticket is no guarantee of footy knowledge .
    I’ve had tickets all over SJP over the years and the ignorance of neighbouring spectators is quite alarming at times .

• 133 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:36 PM

JIB
    I would not fancy the job of coaching a player on how to finish. Good strikers are born with it. A striker who hasn’t got the knack by now should think about another position or dropping down the leagues.

• 134 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:36 PM

I think Lee is in bed now G2 as it’s been a hard day at the office. All those disclosures over social media about the other strikers we are after to drive the price up are wearing him down.

If we can get the other clubs to overbid for players they will be financially worse off at the business end of the window,which means we’ll be able to sneak in a crafty bid for the leftovers at reduced prices when it counts..

• 135 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:36 PM

I think we actually got Dick van Dyke felling mag. He was much cheaper. 😯

• 136 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:38 PM

Have you seen Dick van Dyke move recently. I know he’s getting on a bit for 90 but could show our players a move or two.

• 137 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:39 PM

Have we some chimneys we need sweeping? G2?

• 138 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:39 PM

You just have to believe in the Ashley Method toonheroes mate. We’ve seen it in action for 8 years now. Lay low, make low bids, then run out of time at the end of the window. It has worked before and it will work again. Huzzah!!!

• 139 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:40 PM

JIB
    Possession of a ST simply affords you the opportunity to watch the game of football as opposed to watching an artificial representation through a little window that follows the ball around the pitch (TV).

• 140 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:41 PM

I don’t think I could stand that van Dyke Cockney accent even one more time TFL mate. 😆
    “Good luck will rub orf, if oy shake ‘ands wiv you!”

• 141 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:44 PM

pmsl Geordie2

• 142 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:47 PM

Van Dyke is rated poor in positioning. Don’t we already have enough CB’s who are poor in positioning? Just asking like.

• 143 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:48 PM

It saves on helicopter fuel when you make low bids.

• 144 Jib // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:48 PM

• 145 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:49 PM

It’s very technical. Possibly we should have Lee Charnley on here to explain the Theory of Low Bids.

• 146 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:51 PM

• 147 Toon Tang // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:52 PM

Whats all this aboot Das Boot?

• 148 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:54 PM

Do you think Lee tries to pursued players to come to the Toon with his ukulele

• 149 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:54 PM

He definitely moves better than Riviere toonheroes mate. 😆

• 150 Toon Tang // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:55 PM

And Dick Van Dyke? sounds like the beginnings of something special people. I can feel it..

• 151 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:56 PM

Sazzer…Bendtner is long gone mate 😉

…Mitrovic is an exciting prospect but I am not sure he has the right state of mind to make it in the EPL.

• 152 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:56 PM

When you feel it is it squishy Toon Tang mate?

• 153 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:56 PM

I bet he could hit a barn door at two paces as well

• 154 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:57 PM

Reminds me of that famous movie line: “her lips were warm…. and squishy.”

• 155 Toon Tang // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:58 PM

Squishy as my shoe interior after the famous Das Boot battle scene.

• 156 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:59 PM

I like the idea of a very senior attacking partnership toonheroes mate. What are the chances of us getting Dick van Dyke and Jack Nicholson?

• 157 Belfast // Jun 15, 2015 at 8:59 PM

They have tablets named risperidone for that problem in the UK Jesper. He should be fine.

• 158 Lynny // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:00 PM

Is it just me, or does anyone else think this is just another bull Shit transfer window? Where already we’re showing interest in top players, but really were just flattering to deceive? Can anyone remember a good few seasons back when we got in early and signed some great players and we did well? Since then we’ve been on the bull Shit express? I reckon this window won’t be any different!

• 159 Toon Tang // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:01 PM

Will they sort out my squishy shoe Belfast. I’m looking for a quick fix otherwise its trench foot again for me marra.

• 160 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:02 PM

Quick you lot what movie did her lips were warm and squishy come from? No Googling it now.

• 161 Jib // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:03 PM

toonheroes
    Does anyone in the USA have bad teeth ?

• 162 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:03 PM

Lynny, that’s absolutely outrageous mate! Are you accusing Mike and Lee of lack of ambition? After that beautiful press conference? My God man that’s unbelievable. Harrumph.

• 163 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:04 PM

Just out of curiosity what happened to your other shoe Toon Tang? I mean….one squishy shoe has me puzzled????

• 164 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:08 PM

I don’t think we can afford Jack Nicholson G2. Way out of our league.

Lynny don’t get disheartened. We will survive. We could still get Andy back.

• 165 Belfast // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:11 PM

Toon tang nothing for Squishy shoes with me tonight. Leave the Squishy shoe on the window sill for a few days.

• 166 Toon Tang // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:11 PM

hahaha Nam ’68 mate. Was that before or after Das Boot??

Who knows.

• 167 Toon Tang // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:12 PM

Cheers Dr. Belfast 🙂

• 168 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:17 PM

I mean that press conference had me in tears lads. I watch it over and over again whispering Bless you Mike! Bless you Mike! over and over to myself. It’s quite embarrassing with mates over.

• 169 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:19 PM

This works well to avoid squishy shoes.

• 170 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:20 PM

G2 Is that obertan in training?

• 171 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:22 PM

By God you’ve got a good eye on you toonheroes mate!

• 172 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:24 PM

Because now I realize we’re ambitious. It’s a beautiful thing ambition. Hiring top Managing Directors like Lee Charnley. Bringing in top players like Obertan. Hiring top managers like Joe Kinnear. Now I understand what ambition is all about for a rag man.

• 173 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:24 PM

I’m back my computer crashed, I think it had an overload from Benwell’s Caca de toro

• 174 Toon Tang // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:28 PM

If only id had them on board that U-boat G2 I’d be sweet as a nut now.

• 175 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:29 PM

any football news I’ve missed?

• 176 geordieboy83 // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:30 PM

If we sign austin and bas dost, we have to sell cisse, and concentrate on a wide player. If we got them 2 strikers, plus say wijnaldum and cabella on flanks, de jong attacking mid. Thats some potent threat with aarons amd ayoze in reserve, even riviere.

Add a top cb, a cm ill be happy

• 177 Jib // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:30 PM

Now heres the thing
    Marc Bartra the young Barcelona centre half has seen his buy-out clause drop from 30 million to 12 million euros because he hasn’t played the requisite number of games last season (Pique and Mascherano have been immovable) , however it goes back up to 30 on July the first.
    Spurs are sniffing but the first club with the cash before the end of the month could get him

• 178 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:31 PM

Belfast…stay of the drugs!

• 179 Toon Tang // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:31 PM

We dont do footy on this blog tfl hahaa strictly Das Boot and remedies for squishy shoes.

• 180 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:31 PM

Ambition. Schmarn. Who needs it?

TFL Welcome back. Benwell has a lot to answer for.

• 181 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:33 PM

I think we’re preparing a 5M pound bid for Bartra as we speak. Thy will have to pay half his wage for the next 5 years for taking him off their hands of course.

• 182 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:36 PM

ty toontang and toonheroes.
    have we bid for Paul Scharner yet?

• 183 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:38 PM

I finally obtained (illegally) a copy of Lee Charnley’s Theory of Low Bids. It makes for very interesting reading. Here is an excerpt:
    “Always come in with a ridiculously low bid. A bid so low that the club in question ridicules you to the press. Then carefully raise the bid slightly and have another sniff. Are the other club gagging on it? Do they feel ill when you contact them? Then you’re already halfway there. That second bid should go in late on August 31st of course.”
    From Lee Charnley, The Magic Man at work, Chapter One.

• 184 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:40 PM

pmsl G2

• 185 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:41 PM

“but the first club with the cash before the end of the month could get him” That rules us out then. We need at least 5 years to get in contact, then another 5 years to draw up a contract. Maybe in 2025 but by the he’ll be worth 200 Mil.

• 186 Jib // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:41 PM

The last sortie into Spain for a £10million pound centre back yielded up Colo who did ok for a while , 222 games and it was Big Mike who bought him

• 187 Toon Tang // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:44 PM

hahaa Paul scharner. You would have loved wor Ketsy Tfl. He was a demon when it came to the signing of Paul Scharner.

• 188 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:44 PM

Niklas Sule from Hoffenheim is a great CB and he’s only 19 so should be relatively cheap

• 189 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:44 PM

I have many more gems from The Magic Man to reveal in the coming months. You will be in awe TFL mate. There will be some gore and excessive violence so parental discretion is advised.

• 190 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:45 PM

Toon Tang that’s why I mentioned him I remember someone always bringing Scharner up

• 191 OneAlanShearer // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:45 PM

Let me get this straight. We can’t even get austin signed from a relegated club yet we are going to stand a chance of signing a barcelona centre back….pull the other one its got bells on.

• 192 Toon Tang // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:46 PM

Hurry up and obtain Chapter 2 G2. I wanna know how the line works and exactly where it is. I reckon Snowden himself would struggle leaking that info though eh.

• 193 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:46 PM

TFL Yes Scharner is on the way. Just have to get the OK from Kets then it’s a done deal.

• 194 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:46 PM

pmsl OAS
    G2 where did you obtain this script? lol

• 195 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:46 PM

Paul Scharner is a god to Ketsy. Along with Toby Alderweireld. Hushed tones when you speak of them please lads.

• 196 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:50 PM

I can’t ever disclose my sources TFL mate. But these are the real goods. It’s all incredibly exciting. And it’s the only 4 page book I’ve ever seen. Very tidy bit of work that must have been.

• 197 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:51 PM

G2 I bet it has the SD stamp on it

• 198 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:51 PM

I like the sentiment of this article!

• 199 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:53 PM

I agree Jesper, my feelings exactly

• 200 Toon Tang // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Boring Steve McClaren V Boring James Milner with Woy Hodgeson directing and Paul Lambert as the fluffer.

That’s some boring smut..

• 201 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Here’s another juicy bit from The Miracle Man.
    “I’m not sure how much of this I can take. I’m working on a razor’s edge. One false move and we won’t get Scharner. The supporters would never forgive me.” It has me right on the edge of my seat lads.

• 202 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:57 PM

hahaha G2

• 203 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:57 PM

TFL…It’s a bit frustrating one has to be put in this predicament once again, because on one hand we all want Newcastle to be successful but the thought of what we might have to endure the next three years is taking away all of my energy and optimism!

…it’s just potentially another let down!

• 204 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 9:59 PM

Jasper mate. Don’t like the title but some good points. I actually feel that McClaren is ok as head coach but needs backing. We are all waiting on tenterhooks.

Just joking. We’re doomed.

• 205 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:00 PM

Sorry. Jesper

• 206 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:02 PM

No jesper mate. We’re flying high now. We’re gathering momentum. Now we’re in a nose dive to hell! Ohhhh yeah!
    Season ticket on a one way ride
    Askin’ nothin’
    Leave me be
    Takin’ everythin’ in my stride
    Don’t need reason
    Don’t need rhyme
    Ain’t nothin’ that I’d rather do
    Goin’ down
    Party time
    My friends are gonna be there too
    We’re on the highway to hell
    On the highway to hell
    Highway to hell
    We’re on the highway to hell
    Ohhhh yeah baby!!!!

• 207 firebug666 // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:02 PM

News out of Newcastle:

Apparently Lee Charnley’s book entitled “Theory of Low Bids” has gone missing.

It’s said that the book contains some very sensitive material and the clubs most top secret tips for transfer dealing.

Until the book is found Newcastle will not be able to complete any transfer business, as they have no guidelines to follow.

It is suspected that Charnley is not the author of the book and that it was dictated to him by Mike (give me your money) Ashley, one knight when Charley was sat on Ashley’s knee getting his legs stroked.

John (I’m the best manager in the world) Carver and Steve (I don’t know what I’m doing) Stone have been deputised by the club to recover the lost book.

Anyone found in possession of the book will have to wear the thong of shame in public.

• 208 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:02 PM

toonheroes…I definitely think you are right McClaren needs backing; not just financially but from a well integrated coaching set-up.

…hope they’ll employ some great coaches to hell him out.

Still not digging our “new” old board! It’s the same same, but different 😉

• 209 firebug666 // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:04 PM

night even lol

• 210 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:06 PM

oh my word firebuf 😉

• 211 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:06 PM

You’ll get nothing out of me Charnley! You hear me? I don’t know anything about a lost book. Or any secret tips. Harrumph.

• 212 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:07 PM

GT…I think we have been on that highway for a while, but has just gone of road for a while 😉

• 213 firebug666 // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:07 PM

PMSL @ G2

• 214 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:08 PM

Neither does Penfold he comes from the “Make it up as you go along” crew

• 215 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:09 PM

*hell = help

• 216 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:10 PM

Highway to hell isn’t that the A19?

• 217 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:10 PM

Does anyone else care to discuss their feelings about being on The Highway to Hell? Don’t be shy now lads. Let it all out. We’re all here for you. Look at me. My life’s in tatters. I’m on the run with “The Book”. But have I given up hope???

• 218 firebug666 // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:10 PM

TFL

I’m not sure that’s true, you have to have a modicum of intelligence to make something up as you go along, not sure Penfold falls into that category.

I think he just reads the dated scripts that are left for him and follows them blindly to the letter.

• 219 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:11 PM

Jesper. True..true but what can one do? Hope lies eternal. Especially the “lies” bit. We all live in hope.

Firebug.. I heard John robbed the book out of Charneys office and has sold it to the lowest bidder. Steve is on the case but has to find the front door of his house before he can continue.

Word on the street is that the tea lady has a contact that the board are following.

• 220 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:12 PM

Never thought of that Firebug lol

• 221 firebug666 // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:12 PM

GeordieTwo

You have friends around the world who will hide you, keep up the good work.

• 222 firebug666 // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:15 PM

toonheroes

LMAO: I always thought that the tea lady was secretly a hit woman for Mashers, nobody ever notices the little old lady with the tea trolley.

• 223 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:15 PM

I don’t think Charmless needs a book to sign a player…he needs a clue 🙂

• 224 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:16 PM

I thought Bob Moncur made the tea these days lol

• 225 firebug666 // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:17 PM

jesper

The clues are in the book, Geordie Two will know!

• 226 firebug666 // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:18 PM

TFL

My point exactly, so why have the tea lady?

• 227 jane // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:18 PM

Mark Warburton is the new manager of our sister club

• 228 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:18 PM

firebug…how he’s still in a job is beyond me?

• 229 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:20 PM

Ta firebug mate. It’s a lot of responsibility. Do I just let it all out at once? Do I just feed you lot little ticklers? I think it’s got to be one small nugget at a time. Here’s another one.
    Lee Charnley:”I’ve been working on a top deal for months now. Using all my usual tricks. But it’s not working. Damn it I’ve got to come up with something new. Something that will take their breath away. Could I throw in a sweetner? Willo aaaannnd say Obertan? And we get Titus Bramble. Hmmmm. It’s audacious enough. Right then, I’ll go for it!!!!

• 230 firebug666 // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:22 PM

jesper

As a Managing Director he should have been sacked for gross negligence after the horrendous second half of the season.

But this is Newcastle United, and things are never straight forward, why try and improve things when cheap and nasty are enough to get us by?

• 231 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:23 PM

firebug. You can’t underestimate the power of tea.

Go on… have a cup Lee. Go on…go on..

meanwhile…..

• 232 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:23 PM

No Bobby Moncur is only allowed to make the tea lady’s tea firebug mate. It’s all very complicated. A lot of math went into it. I’ll say no more for now. Lee is planning another book.

• 233 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:24 PM

ah go sn go an go an

• 234 firebug666 // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:25 PM

GeordieTwo

Tiny snippets is the best way marra, you don’t want to over do it, “Charley Gate” is just getting started.

• 235 GeordieTwo // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:25 PM

….Meanwhile Mike is in the dungeon of the castle fondling his budgies and muttering to himself:
    “I think that interview went really well. The supporters ate it up with a spoon. All that bollocks about ambition and silverware. It was truly inspired. Now if we can just get “The Book” back……”

• 236 toonheroes // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:28 PM

My goodness. Is that the time? I must say taking part in the banter is a lot more entertaining than waiting for something to happen on the transfer front. Good night chaps. I have to be up at 10am. Speak tomorrow.

• 237 Krul To Be Kind // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:32 PM

Jesus TFL your bringing up of Shcarner gave me a chuckle that was many a year ago now! I think it was Kets kept rattling on about him! Lol

Where is the old boy now with his fantasy football squads!

• 238 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 15, 2015 at 10:38 PM