The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

McClaren Could Decide To Keep This Central Midfielder

2:42 pm, Tuesday, June 16th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 121 Comments

Steve McClaren worked with Cheick Tiote in his Dutch Championship winning season at FC Twente and he has today intimated he may want to keep Cheick at Newcastle, although Cheick was making noises all season about wanting to leave Newcastle.

cheick tiote

Cheick Tiote – in action last season

Cheick only appeared 12 times for Newcastle last term,  but he’s been a decent player for us these last five years after we picked him up for a bargain £3.5M from Twente in August of 2010 after Graham Carr had been watching his progress for a number of years.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United have been interested in the 61 times capped Ivorian international in the past, but we’d be surprised if any one of those top clubs still are interested in the player who turned 29 next Sunday.

The records show that Cheick played 43 times with one goal for FC Twente in 2009-2010 and in his three seasons at Enschede, he played 86 times with one goal.

Steve McClaren has talked about Cheick today:

“He didn’t play much for us at Twente, which was a strange one. But he’s done very well for Newcastle and I like Cheick. I know him well and I’m looking forward to working with him again.”

Steve McClaren will want to take a look at the players and talk with them when they come back in early July for pre-season training,  and if players need to be sold there would still be time in August to unload them if that’s what the club wants to do.

But it will be important for McClaren to take a look at them first hand,  before decisions are made on who to sell.

For the record Cheick Tiote has played 130 times for Newcastle in five seasons with that stupendous goal against Arsenal that equalized the scores at 4-4 in February, 2011.

It’s the only goal he’s scored for the Magpies but what a goal – take another look at this fabulous goal after 88 minutes  – I can promise you it will have you smiling.

Fantastic – there’s a great memory right there – it could only happen at Newcastle.

Tags: Cheick Tiote · Contracts · Newcastle News · Premier League · Transfer News and Rumours · Video

121 responses so far ↓

• 1 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2015 at 2:45 PM

Sell Sell Sell!

• 2 toonheroes // Jun 16, 2015 at 2:46 PM

McClaren could maybe get the best out of Cheick but for me he lingers too long on the ball and makes some real howlers of mistakes with his passing. Didn’t like his comment about ‘Shit team’ either. You just don’t say that about your teammates even if it’s true. It’s a case of – When he’s good he’s very very good but when he’s bad he’s horrid.

• 3 N1CK06 // Jun 16, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Newcastle are ready to sell Cisse? Where is this information even coming from?

• 4 Shaker Shakrah // Jun 16, 2015 at 2:54 PM

offfffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

• 5 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 16, 2015 at 2:55 PM

Why did he not play very much for you at Twente Stevie boy??! Was it because he gets injured and suspended a lot ? Or did you sell him to Newcastle quickly ?

• 6 jayphoto // Jun 16, 2015 at 2:56 PM

I’d sell but we absolutely need to buy a proper defensive midfielder to replace him!
    Hes on big money and is an absolute liability at times! Can be brilliant i’ll admit but when hes bad he turns the opposition into 12 men

• 7 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:02 PM

@Jayphoto

Have not seen Tiote play well since we beat Man Utd 1 nil at Old Trafford which funnily enough was in a midfield 3 with Anita and Cabaye who were also excellent together

• 8 Dragon64 // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:04 PM

once again all talk about who we are after all a load of rubbish. we will end up with shite once again?????????? this is the reality of jabber

• 9 toonheroes // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:05 PM

I’d sell. We have enough DM. Don’t think we’ll get much more than 3mil for him now so only makes sense selling if we need to free up some space.

• 10 toonheroes // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:12 PM

Jayphoto – We should never ever have let Gutierez go. Disgrace if you ask me after the character he showed. He could have played in DM. Good tackler and hardly ever lost the ball when playing it simple. Him, Anita and Colback would have been enough IMO

• 11 Riviere Run Dry // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:14 PM

First out the door for me, Williamson is to defending what Tiote is to protecting the back four – both liabilities and any remaining good rep Tiote has is just a hangover from when he first arrived, was half decent and this myth about him being a midfield destroyer got out of hand.

• 12 toonheroes // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:22 PM

Apparently Podolski to Galatasaray for 2Mil. He could have done a job for us. Probably wanted Champions league though.

• 13 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:24 PM

Soccer Sauce ?@soccer_sauce · 8h8 hours ago
    We understand #NUFC officials are meeting directly with Charlie Austin and his agent today

• 14 BandB // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:31 PM

McClaren says he’s been briefed on the state of the squad.
    I wonder which experienced and qualified football person did this?
    Any suggestions?
    I am also beginning to think that when Ashley talked of bolting the horse to the cart he was referring to the signing of McClaren.,
    Perhaps someone told him used to manage the England Football Company.

• 15 Jail for Ashley // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:34 PM

It would have been seriously in the clubs best interests to have announced the signing of a CB even just for ST sales. The fact that they haven’t yet shows that this complex scouting and negotiating process we have either haven’t a clue who’s coming in or don’t intend to buy one.

• 16 G peart 83 // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Only club who gets a new manager/head coach and does buggar all in the transfer market

• 17 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:38 PM

JFA it would Help ST sales if they announced the signing of a player

• 18 will die for the toon army // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:38 PM

I hate transfer window. Its full of Sh&t

• 19 Cool Hand Luke // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:41 PM

BandB, perhaps his use of the term ‘briefed’ was a Freudian slip as a consequence of the squad being pants. 😉

• 20 lesh // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:43 PM

Jail

They haven’t got the brains they were born with! What happened to the targets that were supposedly lined up? No, let Charnley pi$$ about while other clubs sign em up! Clueless!!

Toohero

If McClaren wants character players, then Jonas couldn’t be a better start to signings. Take him back on a year deal plus a testimonial in support of some cancer-related charity such as the SBR Foundation.

• 21 lesh // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:45 PM

B&B

If Carver’s reported on the players, then it’s little wonder McClaren wants to review the squad himself.

• 22 BandB // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:46 PM

Jail,

I agree with what Nezza said earlier.
    Mbiwa was sold because he was surplus to requirements.
    We have a CB coming in. One will have to leave.
    We may bring in another. Then two will leave.
    We won’t have more than four. We have Dummett and Janmaat who can play there and the onus will be on trying to get kids coming through, whether the academy is a properly funded and skilled operation or not.

• 23 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:46 PM

Still early days. Relax folks.

• 24 lesh // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:47 PM

Nick06

Cisse probably will be off – especially when his ex gets hold of him.

• 25 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:47 PM

Trust in the tea boy.

• 26 ilovetoon8788 // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:48 PM

@toonfromleeds

Liverpool are also meeting with Austin officials today. Us meeting means nothing.

He’s more likely to end up with Liverpool. Why would anyone want to end up at this club? Lol

• 27 Jib // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:51 PM

Apparently Das Boot a done deal at 12.5 million euros.

• 28 BandB // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:52 PM

lesh,

I wonder who did the briefing though. One would hope and think it wasn’t Carver or Stone. Moncur is in no position to do it, and if Carr is spending significant time at the training ground these days it must be because he is getting so much younger.
    Which suggests it may have been Charnley.
    If Charnley is now a judge of footballers, all I can say is he has learned an awful lot in two years.
    And if it was Charnley (read Ashley) who did the briefing, I doubt whether McClaren’s review will have anything other than advisory force.

• 29 toonheroes // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:53 PM

Well said Lesh. Unfortunately we missed a great opportunity with the legend that is Jonas Gutieres. Instead we treated him like sh1t.

• 30 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:56 PM

Paul will play anywhere

• 31 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:57 PM

ilovetoon8788
    Stranger things have happened

• 32 toonheroes // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:58 PM

Good pic of Paul but god do I hate that horrible logo on our shirts.

• 33 BandB // Jun 16, 2015 at 3:58 PM

TFL

Indeed.
    We signed Ferreya.

• 34 Jib // Jun 16, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Briefers probably
    Dave Watson 420 games for Everton knows a wee bit about footy
    Pedro Beardsley knows a little bit too .
    Alan Shearer and McClaran know each other well , I think Alan has a passing knowledge of the Toon

• 35 BandB // Jun 16, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Hi Jeff,

You sneaked back then.

• 36 Our Toon // Jun 16, 2015 at 4:06 PM

Plenty of fans saying sell cisse on last thread and plenty on this saying sell Tiote. I find it hilarious, have we been bought by a new owner? Have we become more ambitious? Have we bought alot of players recently? All this nonsense of sell this and that made me think we’ve actually got better players in….ahh no we are still seriously short!!

Yes let’s sell our best goalscorer, whilst we are at it let’s sell the only REAL DM we have in our team, makes perfect sense lads!!

• 37 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 16, 2015 at 4:07 PM

Das Boot. The tea boy’s gone and bought an orange submarine.

• 38 Sazzer // Jun 16, 2015 at 4:08 PM

toonheroes
    Letting go of Jonas was right thing to do but the way we let him go was awful.

He and R.Taylor should have had proper sending off.

• 39 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 16, 2015 at 4:11 PM

When the tea boy finds the tea pot, he’ll have everything under control. So chill out fellas.

• 40 Sazzer // Jun 16, 2015 at 4:12 PM

And we should be prepared to sell Riviere before we sell Cisse.

• 41 lesh // Jun 16, 2015 at 4:13 PM

C’mon Jib, think of your adoring fans who are waiting with bated breath for your linguistic genius to translate your non-English links.

Or is Google Translate off-line?

• 42 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 16, 2015 at 4:14 PM

It does not matter if we get Bas Dost or Austin or keep Cisse up front if we still are going to park the bus at home with defensive wingers they will all struggle!!!

We need new wingers and a creative midfielder to create more chances Cisse could easily be a 20 or 25 goal a season if fit and gets the service

I think the Liverpool for Austin is just paper chat to get us and probably West Ham to hurry up and seal the deal ! Liverpool have spent stupid money and will need to get rid of some of the 7 strikers they have before they sign another

• 43 lesh // Jun 16, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Sazzer, telling Jonas and Raylor they’re off by phone was deplorable.

But maybe Carver didn’t have the guts to tell them man-to-man.

• 44 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 4:18 PM

LCBP I agree with you
    Liverpool have:
    Sturridge, Borini Origi, Ballotelli, Lambert, Ings & aspas.
    Austin won’t go there

• 45 Jib // Jun 16, 2015 at 4:22 PM

Lesh
    They were on a coaching course in Ireland.
    They also knew the situation and Carver was merely confirming what was already known.

SBR always said the worst part of his job was telling players they were down the road.

• 46 Jib // Jun 16, 2015 at 4:26 PM

Lesh
    If I couldn’t get the gist of what was written in Dutch I wouldn’t admit it online , have you no linguistic skills at all ?

• 47 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2015 at 4:29 PM

Our Toon…no one of us have any say in who the men in charge will bring in, but that doesn’t mean we cannot discuss who should be moved on and why 🙂

…personally I think any player that cannot give us 40 games a season should be reassessed! No saying they all need to go, but we need to address the situation.

Also any player at 22 and above who doesn’t offer enough needs to be reassessed!

• 48 toonheroes // Jun 16, 2015 at 4:31 PM

I agree with letting Raylor go but I still think we should have kept Jonas. Not because he was going to be a starter but because we need experience as we have a young squad and he would have been a very good role model. Maybe a one year contract and helping Beardsley coaching the youngsters. He would have been an inspiration to them. Still it’s all water under the tyne bridge now.

Das Boot and Austin, then a center back.

• 49 Sazzer // Jun 16, 2015 at 4:33 PM

lesh
    Carver’s social intelligence is certainly lacking.

• 50 Sazzer // Jun 16, 2015 at 4:41 PM

Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs are linked to every player that is on the market.

• 51 cyprus // Jun 16, 2015 at 4:44 PM

For me, Tiote and Cisse are a mystery.
    On arrival, they were simply incredible. Cisse tore defences apart, scored at will, grabbed the best brace I’ve ever seen. Best debute (half) season you can imagine. Tiote was the enforcer, terrorising attackers, good skill, regular yellows ;0. But all big teams were looking at him, for crazy money.

What happened? Injuries? Loss of motivation? Forgetting the game? Pardewination?

I’d be devastated if we sold them a couple years ago, now it would be quite ok with me.

• 52 lochinvar // Jun 16, 2015 at 4:58 PM

McLaren’s first training session.
    “Now let’s see who we’ve got left to work with”
    ” Paul pass me the rota ”

Krul ? Check
    Aaron’s ? Check
    Tiote ? Cheick

” all present boss “

• 53 WWSBRD // Jun 16, 2015 at 5:12 PM

Id be happy enough to keep Tiote think a new lease of life could be granted to him under new management

Hopefully wont be left to be the every man midfielder like we have been expecting him to be since Cabs left under SM

• 54 GeordieTwo // Jun 16, 2015 at 5:19 PM

Everyone try to post very quietly….Shhhh! I’m on the run now with The Theory of Low Bids. I have The One Book. The Book of Power. It’s mine now. My precious…. Lee is desperate to get it back. I have read all 4 pages now and it is shocking stuff. More to follow…..

• 55 lesh // Jun 16, 2015 at 5:20 PM

Jib

Even if the call was confirmation of their future or otherwise in a phone call without a face-to-face follow up – if that was the case – was not right.

Yes, Jonas and Raylor’s contracts were ending but a call with an invitation to a one-to-one would have been better – I believe, unless their was no option.

And Jib, I ain’t nit got no linguistic talent at all, that’s why many of us wait for your eloquent and witty posts.

An English trsnslation would help us numbskulls who have trouble reading let alone understanding some posts.

It is the moral duty of a genius to help the less sophisticated if the world. Please don’t lose sight of that, you owe it to those of us who await your wisdom.

• 56 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 5:23 PM

If anyone is awaiting news on Charlie Austin he is and has been at Royal Ascot all day!!

• 57 GeordieTwo // Jun 16, 2015 at 5:23 PM

Here’s another little tidbit from The Book:
    “Those tw@ts. You know who I mean. Those supporters as they call themselves. They know nothing of football management. Where are their low bids for me to scoff at? To sneer and larf at?”
    And another comment from Lee: “Only I understand the theory of low bids. I will send my minions forth to scour the earth and return The Book.”
    You see what I’m up against mates. And a quiet harrumph to you all.

• 58 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2015 at 5:27 PM

lesh…I agree! Charmless should have called them into his office and told them or their agent. It’s his or his assistants job, not Carver!

But seeing as Carver agreed to do it I wonder why he called and why he asked Taylor to pass the phone to Jonas. He didn’t need to do that.

• 59 GeordieTwo // Jun 16, 2015 at 5:28 PM

Another excerpt from The Book:
    “When I’m finished with this club you won’t recognize it. An entire team of U-21’s. All French or Spanish speaking. Very low wages. Very tiny people but very pacey. Tiny CB’s, tiny fullbacks. Tiny wage bill. It’s all so simple you see?”

• 60 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 5:32 PM

Sky Sports News HQ ?@SkySportsNewsHQ · 22 secs23 seconds ago
    BREAKING: @stokecity sign striker Joselu from Hannover for £5.75million.

• 61 Our Toon // Jun 16, 2015 at 5:33 PM

Jesper

I agree we can discuss who should stay n who should go but surely we should use some common sense. Tiote when he first arrived but I distinctly remember news about Tiote getting a rebuke from pardew for the amount of cards he picked up and he wanted him to stop picking up so many yellows.

Cisse he chucked him out wide and set us up defensively, these 2 players could be key for us next season in creating a spine of the team. Tiote to get back to his best under a better coach and Cisse to hopefully kick on from last season where his goals single handedly kept us up. 2-0 down to hull at home a 25% match fit cisse crawls off the bench to pick up a brace

As far as injuries go we should sell them all under your rules

• 62 GeordieTwo // Jun 16, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Bianca is with Charlie at Royal Ascot. Here’s what I managed to overhear so far:
    “For God’s sake Charlie whatever you do don’t accept the Newcastle offer! I’m not ready for the northeast! What would I wear? Do they have schools up there? I hear Sunderland is just down the road as well. No, I just couldn’t have that Charlie.”
    She was crying as she said it as well mates. 🙁

• 63 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 5:35 PM

CONFIRMED: #SaintsFC have completed the signing of Spain forward Juanmi on a four-year contract.

• 64 Ron Knee // Jun 16, 2015 at 5:35 PM

jib@27
    I don’t speak Dutch, but isn’t that article – from what I can fathom – simply reporting on what the UK press are saying? Hardly a scoop if I’m right.

• 65 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 5:36 PM

It doesn’t help when some idiots on Twitter are tweeting Charlie, his missus, his mum and more recently his sister!!!

• 66 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 5:39 PM

You got good hearing G2 lol

• 67 GeordieTwo // Jun 16, 2015 at 5:44 PM

Yes, I have very sharp ears TFL mate. 😆 You have to when you’re on the run with The Book. I keep having visions of Lee Charnley now looking for me. He’s on a black horse and I’m hiding in the shrubbery. I have to make my way to Mount Ashley and burn The Book.

• 68 mickalfas // Jun 16, 2015 at 5:49 PM

G2
    Mount Ashley
    Really!!!

• 69 GeordieTwo // Jun 16, 2015 at 5:49 PM

Which silverware would you lot like to win first? For me it’s the FA Cup. Then the league title. Then Champions League. Let’s chant together mates: We believe in Mike, we believe in Mike.” Beautiful.

• 70 GeordieTwo // Jun 16, 2015 at 5:51 PM

Yes mickalfas mate. You must burn The Book at the center of its power. The journey will be long and dangerous but it’s the only way to destroy Him.

• 71 Belfast // Jun 16, 2015 at 5:51 PM

Don’t sell anybody until the squad is vastly improved.

• 72 Belfast // Jun 16, 2015 at 5:54 PM

Taking one for the team G2? good lad.

Harumph!

• 73 Ron Knee // Jun 16, 2015 at 5:56 PM

How’s McClaren getting on with assembling his coaching staff? Sorry I asked.

• 74 GeordieTwo // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:09 PM

I feel The Book’s power now. I have an uncontrollable urge to make a low bid for Titus Bramble!!! Noooooo!!!

• 75 Average_Contents // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Ron knee

Correct. It’s in Dutch but sourced from press over here. Much like the other one the tit posted yesterday stating it was a done deal. All from the British press lol. Knobhead.

As if it’s in Dutch it lends more credence to the tripe it’s posts.

• 76 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:14 PM

AC especially considering he plays in Germany lol

• 77 GeordieTwo // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:14 PM

A lot of you are saying “keep The Book G2. Use its power to fight the dark forces controlling wor beloved club.”
    No I say! I must fight the urge! But it’s so beautiful. My precious. Those lovely pages. That cover….. No!!!! On to Mount Ashley. Harrumph.

• 78 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:15 PM

G2 you should be a comedian

• 79 GeordieTwo // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:16 PM

These players are much too expensive for us. Das Boot, Charlie Austin. We need short players. Tiny players. Players with low wage expectations. Thank God we have the Belgian midget strikers in reserve.

• 80 GeordieTwo // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:17 PM

No, my mission in life is clear TFL mate. Destroy The Thing from Satan’s Underpants that rules wor club.

• 81 Average_Contents // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:18 PM

*It thinks because das bost is Dutch, if it posts articles in Dutch it lends credence to its tripe.

Useless googled shite as per. Sad twat.

• 82 Belfast // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:21 PM

Double Dutch

• 83 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:22 PM

Our Toon…I personally think players like Tiote and Cisse are missing too many games.

I would rather we focused on players who would give us 40 games a season.

• 84 mickalfas // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:22 PM

G2
    Don’t know what’s the worst picture,mounting Ashley or signing bramble lol

• 85 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:26 PM

TFL…he’ll from probably end up being a much more clever buy than Austin

• 86 Ron Knee // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:26 PM

A_C
    On a lighter note: Did you read about the Russian fans who want to buy out Capello’s contract because he’s so useless? Food for thought!

• 87 GeordieTwo // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:27 PM

Yes, there is horror ahead mickalfas. I’ve recruited some fine allies to help me on my quest. Beermonkey The Distractor to pee in back pockets. SilverTongue BandB to give them a blast of the truth, Ibiza the White to conjure solutions to wor problems, Jesper the Danish Dazzler to expose their weak points. The journey is about to begin….

• 88 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:28 PM

See Juanmi has signed for soton

• 89 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Possibly Jesper

• 90 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:30 PM

TFL…he’ll probably end up being a much more clever buy than Austin

• 91 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:31 PM

Ron…you want to buy out McClaren already? 😉

• 92 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:31 PM

Quite possibly Jesper

• 93 Our Toon // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Jesper

Problem with that is that no player guarantees you 40 games a season, they could get injured straight away. I do agree we need players on the pitch to be effective though. Although Cisse spent a large chunk out injured and suspended he still contributed more than those who played most of the season. Tiote got an impact injury while away on national duty. Aarons and De Jong played less games than these 2 does that mean we should sell them aswell?

• 94 GeordieTwo // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:35 PM

I feel The Book’s power now. Whispering to me. “Make a low bid G2. Just one little bid. Something to whet your appetite. A tiny bid for Ronaldo. Something ridiculous for Benteke…..Ahhhhh!!!!

• 95 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Our Toon…I think we could easily find players that would contribute more…whether the club will ’em is a different question.

I would be a good Tim to move some players on and add some who seem to play more games..

The consistency in form and minutes played seem to be a difference between the good and the bad teams 🙂

• 96 GeordieTwo // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:37 PM

I say sell Obertan! Sell Vuckic! Sell players we don’t even have! Sell Krul!!! Sell Sissoko!!! Sell McLaren!!! Wait, it’s The Book I tell you!

• 97 GeordieTwo // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Who is Carr looking at for us? We need the dirt. The goss. Bring us the juicy goss lads.

• 98 GeordieTwo // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:41 PM

A lot of other clubs’ supporters are saying The Truth? You lot can’t handle The Truth! Are we going to accept that mates?

• 99 mickalfas // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:43 PM

A ridiculously small bid for Austin ,is that in the book
    Sorry already done that !!

• 100 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:43 PM

See your shit ream still not signed anyone

• 101 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:45 PM

I am just going to try this in English 😉

Our Toon…I think we could easily find players that would contribute more…whether the club will buy ’em is a different question.

It would be a good time to move some players on and add some who seem to play more games..

• 102 GeordieTwo // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Don’t be like that welshie.

• 103 Our Toon // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Does that make you fly then sheep shagger? Flies love shit and you keep coming back for more!!

• 104 Ron Knee // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:49 PM

jesper@91
    Not yet! But why didn’t we think of that for P45 and Carver?

• 105 BandB // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:53 PM

Either Welshie has suddenly become vastly more aggressive, or his supposedly banned mate is playing good cop, bad cop with himself.

So much for all that “they are just fans expressing an opinion” tripe that was spouted.

• 106 BigB75 // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:55 PM

sorry fellas wish I could tell you who we were going to sign but the crystal ball are all fogged up today

• 107 BigB75 // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:56 PM

*is

• 108 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Sell McClaren G2?

• 109 Average_Contents // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Lewis dunk the latest CB linked lol.

We’ve been linked before I believe but now it’s because shteve wanted him at Derby so obviously wants him here too.

So that’s two CB’s we’ve been linked with who both played in the fizzy pop last season.

The very definition of ambition.

• 110 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:58 PM

So, the only news is still about the 12+M euros for Last Post. Anyone else have that familiar feeling?

• 111 BigB75 // Jun 16, 2015 at 6:59 PM

G2 let me know if I need to go over across the pond to give you a hand with the book!

• 112 mickalfas // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:03 PM

Tfl
    Wait a year ,if he turns out to be bad we might get £4m for him,it worked for the numpty before him
    But nobody wanted to pay for the best coach in the world ,work that one out !!

• 113 BigB75 // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:04 PM

g2 as the great Mr Miyagi said always look eye Daniel son… you must concentrate.

if you wax on wax off on the book maybe you can control it’s powers

• 114 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:05 PM

lol mickalfas

• 115 Ron Knee // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:06 PM

A_C@109
    Looks like McClaren has caught on fast, then.

• 116 BigB75 // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:09 PM

good day TFL … hope all is well mate.

• 117 Our Toon // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Jesper

I understand what you mean mate, on this occasion we will agree to disagree on the sale of cisse and Tiote. ?

• 118 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:10 PM

not so bad and u BigB?

• 119 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Lewis Dunk is not a bad player

• 120 JamesToon // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Seen Lewis dunk play a few times, decent ball playing defender. Been linked with a few prem teams in the past, Brighton fans seem to really like him

• 121 Blofal // Jun 17, 2015 at 1:11 AM

Lol I actually had a dream last night that Austin signed for us…

previous post: Newcastle Ready To Sell Papiss Cisse