The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Face Competition For Charlton Central Midfielder

7:14 pm, Tuesday, June 16th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 165 Comments

There were reports in March that Newcastle United were interested in central midfielder Jordan Cousins, who has played for all the England Youth sides through the U21 level and plays for Charlton Athletic.

And there’s news today in the Mail that Newcastle, Aston Villa and Liverpool are the three Premier League clubs after the 21 year-old, but it seems that Villa are the front-runners for his signature.

jordan cousins emp

Jordan Cousins – Aston Villa and Liverpool also interested

Jordan Cousins has only one year left on his contract,  and he could be a good (bargain) signing for Newcastle if we can get him through the door.

Newcastle need a young central midfielder,  and yesterday we were linked with Manchester United’s 22 year-old midfielder Jesse Lingard, and Steve McClaren had him on loan at Derby County in the second half of last season.

Cousins came through the Charlton Youth Academy and he made his debut in August of 2013 in a 4–0 win against Oxford United in the Capital One Cup.

He played 47 times for Charlton this season with 3 goals and 4 assists, and overall he has made 94 total appearances with five goals and six assists over the last two seasons for the Charlton first team.

He was born in Greenwich and part of Newcastle’s policy is to bring in young players on small (make that smallish) transfer fees, who have yet to fully develop as players.

Then when they have developed into better players at Newcastle, they are usually sold on at a big profit.

But maybe with the possible change in the way Newcastle are being run by owner Mike Ashley, starting next season – we will try to keep our best players and build up a really good squad who can win something.

We hope so.

In March we were also linked with Charlton’s 17 year-old England defender Joe Gomez, who can play at center-back or right back.

And even though Joe has only just turned 18, he already stands 6’2? tall and played 24 times for the Charlton first team last season.

Gomez has played for the England U16, U17 and U19 Youth sides, but Arsenal, Liverpool and Aston Villa are the three Premier League clubs interested in him,  but no mention of Newcastle this time around for the very promising center-back.

Tags: Newcastle News · Recruitment · Scouting Network · Transfer News and Rumours

165 responses so far ↓

• 1 Edd Case // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:17 PM

Would be nice to get any signing in…

Get the feeling this will be another horrible transfer window at this rate…

• 2 JamesToon // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:18 PM

By no means dunk should be our top centre back target, vlaar or van disk should be priorities

• 3 BigB75 // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:19 PM

Good TFL just living the dream!!!

• 4 firebug666 // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:25 PM

No backroom staff announced
    No transfer activity announced
    No date for the fans forum meeting announced

No surprises there then!

• 5 Bambams // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:29 PM

I cannot understand the mentality of Ash/Charn.
    They extend the season ticket deadline but do nothing to entice the fans that things will be better.

I genuinely thought we would have a great chance of getting Austin, pull out all the red carpet and offer him #9 shirt. This would have also ignited the fans a bit more….

Alas we must not be in the running or we have no intention in signing him.

Plenty of time still to go but I would of thought one big signing would have been announced by now.

I have heard we were watching the development of Jurgen Klinsmann for the last 18 years but did not want to be rash…..

• 6 mickalfas // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:29 PM

I’d be more surprised if they had announced a signing
    Mcclaren talking shite doesn’t fill me with inspiration, another puppet ? Time will tell !!

• 7 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:31 PM

Lewis scored more than most of our team put together last season and he;s a defender

• 8 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:32 PM

I agree Mickalfas we need to see some new players with shirts in their hands

• 9 Our Toon // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:32 PM

Bambams

If you gave Austin the no9 shirt what then happens to Cisse? More importantly how will that play out with the players and the morale of the team?

Austin is decent but is way over hyped because he’s English. He scored 14 goals from open play if you don’t include his pens, from 35 games in a team that was more attacking than ours. Cisse scored more per min even if you include Austin’s penalties

• 10 Bambams // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:38 PM

OurToon

I rate Cisse, always have as an instinctive half chance finisher. I just think Austin is a very good striker, I feel offering him the number 9 would help get him here and if I had to choose I would have him now in the 9 role more than Cisse.
    That’s just my opinion fella.

Cisse could be offered 10 or 99 I am not that worried. He has been no 9 for the last 4 years or so.

We need strikers and if dangling the nine shirt helps I would do this.

Just my thoughts fella.
    Cheers for the craic

• 11 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:39 PM

Our Toon…no problem mate 🙂

• 12 mickalfas // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:40 PM

IF we get a striker,Cisse will end up in Qatar,on age grounds, i fear !

• 13 Average_Contents // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:40 PM

I keep thinking of nufc as like one of those ugly little guys with zero charisma you tend to see trying to chat up a fitty at the Christmas party.

A handsome guy who’s slightly taller comes over and starts chatting to her too.

The small ugly guy makes his apologies and backs away looking all embarrassed as if to say if anyone else is after her it’s not worth the effort.

Until drunkenly later in the night he tries to kiss her but ends up projectile vomiting in her face. Then gets told to fcukoff you weirdo.

Small ugly guy = nufc
    Fitty = transfer target
    Handsome guy = any other club.
    Drunkenly later = 4 transfer windows.

Also applies to Jeff/Jane/jib/speaker of all languages known to man (other not known also) life too I’d wager.

• 14 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:41 PM

Fair point BamBams didn’t shearer offer the number 9 to owen?

• 15 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:42 PM

very valid point AC good analogy too

• 16 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:44 PM

AC…something you want to tell mate 😀

• 17 firebug666 // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:47 PM

So this is the new look Newcastle, with all those major changes.

One new puppet, same old drivel, and then nothing.

Still looking on the bright side, if we survive this season we get to do it all again, but with around £70m sitting in the bank to not spend. Whooo Hoooo!

• 18 Bambams // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:47 PM

TFL
    Fella I think he did, we all know the story behind the KK signing Shearer and Big Les.
    Fellas I could be wrong but I think we can all agree the nine is iconic. If it helps get another dare I say better striker than Cisse/Austin/Another than we should use this. Man U or Chelsea have no qualms in moving on the King for a new King ( look at Petr Cech)

Getting back though, just thought we may have done something a little more productive by now

Cheers fellas

• 19 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:48 PM

I have no problems signing some standout players from the championship who have had a few seasons experience

I mean Bale, Walcott , Lallana , Austin , Jagielka , Coleman , Baines etc all learned their trades in the lower leagues and became gems we also got the likes of Bellamy who was amazing for us

2 or 3 would be no problem but we also need players from other leagues as well !!

• 20 firebug666 // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:49 PM

Soccer Sauce ?@soccer_sauce 1m1 minute ago
    Talks have commenced between Newcastle and Wolfsburg for ST Bas Dost. No bid submitted as of yet #NUFC

• 21 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:54 PM

firebug…Newcastle do seem to talk alot 😉

…alot of all this talking couldn’t it had taken place a long time ago

• 22 geordieboy83 // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Gotta say lewis dunk is a very very decent young footballer. His ability is way above that of Brighton. Championship players shouldnt be judged coz of the league they play in.

I reckon theres more players in the premiership that are worse than a lot of chpionship players

• 23 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:54 PM

is it Austin or Dost? or Austin & dost? I’d prefer Austin over dost!

• 24 Lost Plot // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Hopefully Carr is luring all clubs into his scouting network until they maximise there squads THEN we’ll jump on the players we really want

• 25 firebug666 // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:56 PM

jesper

All of this should have been started before the end of the season, you cannot talk to players but you can make enquiries, and contact agents etc.

Our club is not slow, they are just bone idle, they can’t be bothered to pick up the phone, unless maybe to order a pizza.

• 26 mickalfas // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:57 PM

Firebug666
    And if he can keep us up next year ,he hits the jackpot when the new TV deal kicks in,what is it another £50m a year ,
    We’ll never get rid of the parasite!!

• 27 Average_Contents // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:57 PM

Jesperlemon

Certainly not lol. It’s just how I envisage us trying to get fittys (targets) then ultimately failing after drunkenly chasing said fitty (target) for years only to get repeatedly told no. JUST NO.

Stalkerish like.

Then rocking back and forth uncontrollably because we’ve put too much emotionally into someone who doesn’t want us and we never had a plan B

• 28 RUNAWAY777 // Jun 16, 2015 at 7:59 PM

come on ed tell us who we are going to sign and not someone where after then tell us aston villa are in the lead for the play,we have already lost one player to southampton come on give us some good news for a change ed

• 29 Our Toon // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:01 PM

Bambams

I’m happy to give the no9 shirt to a striker that’s good enough or has a better goal ratio than Cisse, 3:16 aka Austin just didn’t do enough for me last season to warrant such hype. Anyway we need to improve the squad so hopefully we have some movement soon regarding new players otherwise it’ll be a long summer

• 30 firebug666 // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:03 PM

TFL

If the rumours are to be believed, (and they are just rumours), then we are going after both of them.

mickalfas

Unfortunately you are right, where money is concerned Ashley will never get his fill. Time to dig in guys this is a long term venture I’m afraid, and it will take a lot more than a boycott to shift the lard ass.

• 31 lesh // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:03 PM

And yet another we’ve supposedly been watching for months yet Villa, Villa have stolen a march on him.

Maybe we should spend a little time on softening players up so that signing becomes a formality!

• 32 mickalfas // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:03 PM

Geordieboy
    Too right they all play for us !!

• 33 BandB // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:03 PM

Come on Ed.
    Get your finger out and get some players signed.
    Feeling positive….

• 34 geordieboy83 // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:05 PM

Mickalfas, that actually made me belly chuckle

• 35 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:06 PM

AC…alright alright;)

…just checking lol

firebug…Charmless should have been told to clear out his desk along with Carver and Stone!

• 36 firebug666 // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:09 PM

jesper

Whilst I agree with that mate, who would replace him…..Llambias? Kinnear?

We all know what Ashley is like now, and the prospect of another of his cronies would be demoralising.

• 37 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:10 PM

I hope so firebug

• 38 Bambams // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:15 PM

OurToon
    I have to admit I have only watched Austin five or six times during sky matches. I see a few pros rate him and to be honest that is as much as I can offer. What I have seen of him reminds me of Paul Goddard more than a Shearer type of player. He looks strong and a decent finisher. My other reason is he must have learned quite a bit from Sir Les ( player I really rated).
    All in all I think if we get the players to provide chances, he and/or Cisse could score goals. I like the look of him. By that I mean new players not obertan or Sammy. ….With respect to them.

I just think the days players walked to Newcastle to sign for us are gone, like you have said also I would happily give over the shirt for the right player. Who that player will be who knows
    Cheers fella

• 39 dantoon85 // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:17 PM

Another day of the same old drivel. Such and such beat us to this player and this club is now ahead of us to sign this player and blah blah blah blah blah.

Frustrating or what!!!

• 40 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:18 PM

Quinn got right idea

• 41 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:18 PM

firebug…we don’t need no one to make no phone calls to no agent or no club what so ever 😉

…we are on top my friend lol

• 42 mickalfas // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:20 PM

Could we not have kept Carver as the entertainment at half time?
    Could have given him a coco the clown suit and he could of done the shaped balloons for the kids ,would make laugh anyway !!

• 43 BandB // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:21 PM

Toon From Leeds

I haven’t seen you post any odds on Charlie Austin joining us for a couple of days.
    Are we still big odds-on favourites do you know?

• 44 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:26 PM

I haven’t seen any articles but last I saw Chelsea are 6/4 favs and we are 2/1

• 45 BandB // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:27 PM

Oh…I rely on you for my research these days.

• 46 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:27 PM

no Newcastle are 11/10 and Chelsea 12/1

• 47 BandB // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:29 PM

Really?

• 48 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:30 PM

yh click on the skybet link I posted

• 49 sparky55 // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:31 PM

Austin,….just like juanmi and all the other good players we’re being linked with aint coming anyway..

…nothing changes on the good ship NUFC because we don’t prepare ourselves properly and we won’t pay market rates and we don’t have a HC that can attract good players to the north East of England.

Nowt ever changes

• 50 BandB // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:31 PM

Not the Oddschecker one then?

• 51 Bambams // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:33 PM

What’s that Bas Dost fella like…
    Any good or another George Reilly ?

• 52 Mr Magpie // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:35 PM

No real issue with bringing in the likes of Byram, Mings, Dunk, Lindegaard as squad players as they are better than the dead wood we have already & are young enough to improve.

However we need to also be signing more established proven players to go straight into the first team.

• 53 mickalfas // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Sparky
    Don’t think it’s a problem with the HC,its more a problem of the regime above him
    Ashley OUT !!

• 54 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:36 PM

bet victor us and Chelsea are 2/1 co favs

• 55 Jib // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Hey Leeds you won’t need your Spanish degree to read this

• 56 firebug666 // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:39 PM

TFL

Don’t think Austin will be going to Cheatski, they will have Falco on loan soon, deal almost done according to various sources.

• 57 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:40 PM

Jib I know this story already so why are u aiming it at me?

• 58 dantoon85 // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:42 PM

Falcao to Chelsea is done deal

• 59 optimistic prime // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:46 PM

Shirley Valentine from Benwell

• 60 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:47 PM

I nearly choked at that comment OP 🙂

• 61 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 16, 2015 at 8:57 PM

Oh no! Competition for another of our non-entity targets. Ffs, we can’t even buy a nobody without Villa, Liverpool, spurs or even bumchester utd getting in on it.

• 62 ronaldo aarons // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:00 PM

I do like Lewis dunk, he is a good defender now and has potential to improve. I can see him being brought in and Williamson leaving. I don’t think he’ll be the top cb signing. At least I hope not.

• 63 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:02 PM

We were after Jerry Hamsterbile, but FC Flumpinghamlet beat us to his signature.

• 64 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:04 PM

Ashleys fannying about for 8 years has totally screwed us reputation wise if he had run us properly we should be classed in the same bracket as Spurs and Liverpool and would have the pulling power but now we cant even compete with Palace or Villa who have been nowhere near the levels we have reached in the history of the premiership!!!

• 65 jane // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:04 PM

looking good.

• 66 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:07 PM

LCBP

yeah its rediculous. And if you look at the type of player we are struggling to sign, its even worse! Surely even the last of Ashleys defenders will accept they were wrong,now?

• 67 Jail for Ashley // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:07 PM

Markaccus,
    Be careful, TFL might pi$$, shit and choke all at the same time if you keep that level of hilarity up !

• 68 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:08 PM

I mean,who the fcuk is Jordan Cousins?

• 69 lochinvar // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:08 PM

So Aston Villa and Liverpool again are interested in a Newcastle target.
    We have moe leaks than GHQ

• 70 ronaldo aarons // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:08 PM

• 71 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:09 PM

Jail

Thing is, i am only half joking. There is truth in my daftness.

• 72 ronaldo aarons // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:12 PM

Fulham have a couple youngsters we could try and raid. Roberts, though that will be difficult, and Christensen who I really like and could be a very good cm.

• 73 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:14 PM

JFA your a funny one aren’t you?

• 74 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:14 PM

Breaking…

Nufc face competition for the grass thats due to be laid at the NW corner flag, Miss Monkeyblatt of prestwick has requested that it is used to repair the bit of lawn near her rockery.

• 75 mickalfas // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:15 PM

LCBP
    Perfect post !!

• 76 Jib // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:17 PM

Jane

You know you are Jeff
    Just come clean

Markaccus

Your humour is G2 standard – been drinking Canadian Club ?

• 77 cestriasteve // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Has Doost to the toon, are you kidding me??? We’ve got absolutely zero chance of getting him here.

• 78 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:19 PM

Oh dear Benwell is talking to himself now

• 79 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:21 PM

Cestria

Yeah i wouldn’t worry. Some other club will beat us to his signature. Pot Roast will not be coming here.

• 80 firebug666 // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:21 PM

TFL

It’s the only way he gets the answers he wants.

• 81 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:22 PM

hahahah true Firebug

• 82 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:23 PM

B&B found something you requested

• 83 Jib // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:24 PM

Das Boot is a done deal along with 5 others all to be announced Wednesday 1st July 2015

• 84 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:26 PM

not only does benwell talk to himself he predicts the future

• 85 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:29 PM

Jib

Forgive me if i don’t hold my breath. As usual i think its unlikely we will sign anyone, be it Bat Cost or anyone else.

• 86 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:29 PM

When is it the team is off to the States?

• 87 BandB // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:32 PM

If we look back to the statements made by Llambias and Charnley in the past, you could see a logic in us being linked with a lot of young players now.
    It was always the plan to have a small first team squad, and to have that backed up by young players who could step in and do a job if necessary.
    We haven’t had that for a long time. The last two crops of young “talent” have almost universally failed. So perhaps the plan is to bring them in at 20-21 instead of 17-18, having had a first team experience in lower leagues, or in the Premiership if we can loan them.
    If we do sign six, and I still think we will, three might be of this type, and three more established players with a top whack of £12m and 40k a week as the template. Wages will be the real stumbling block.
    I’d also bet we are looking high and low for another Colback-style deal.
    Manager-wise, the club was delighted with Pardew’s performance at the time he left, and will be relieved to have replaced him with something similar.
    So I imagine the time between now and Christmas will look very like the same period this year. Carver won’t take over and we’ll aim to finish 12th, allowing for the improvement in other teams since Pardew’s last full season.

• 88 Jib // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:32 PM

14th July Jesper

• 89 Belfast // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:33 PM

Policeman wouldn’t ask you that Fungus

• 90 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:34 PM

let him go to everton

• 91 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:35 PM

Jesper

Not sure. I wouldnt be surprised if Mash is renting the players out as security guards during summer.

• 92 Jib // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:36 PM

BandB
    What a crock of wordy ill-informed guff .

• 93 BandB // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:36 PM

TFL

Thank you.
    I wouldn’t want to be misled by highly selective reporting.
    I can’t see a bit of wool without pulling it right over my own eyes.
    Ask anyone….

• 94 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:37 PM

So we have less than a month to get our house in order!

• 95 Belfast // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:37 PM

I think you’re wrong Jib. I think we play on the 14th.

• 96 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:37 PM

You may not be wide of the mark B&B

• 97 BandB // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:38 PM

Jeff,

Well thank you for noticing honey pie.

• 98 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:38 PM

Belfast our first game is 14th I think we leave a week before tbh

• 99 BandB // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:39 PM

I take it you have been at the Eight Ace since tea-time and are now raring to slap a few heads?

• 100 Jib // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:41 PM

Belfast
    You are right I think the team will fly on or about 10th July

• 101 Online Guy // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:42 PM

This just in

e’v signed no one ,

am I in room 101 ?

• 102 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:43 PM

BandB

6 players? That would be an improvement (depending on the players,of course). It would also be a massive shock,considering the last umpteen windows of utter nothingness.

• 103 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:43 PM

unfortunately not Online Guy

• 104 Online Guy // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:46 PM

TFL

I izz.

• 105 Online Guy // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:47 PM

Ill Keep this short …Ths

• 106 Jib // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:47 PM

Belfast
    Not much acclimatisation needed for Wisconsin

• 107 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:47 PM

Online Guy

If its any consolation, you were comment 101 😀

• 108 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:49 PM

Let me make things clear…. THINGS

• 109 Online Guy // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:49 PM

YCMIU

an knaa

• 110 Online Guy // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:50 PM

Geordie Fowk

“It’s not Lang since ya cud walk doon North Seaton Road an’ knaa nine oot o’ tenfyeces. Gan doon noo an’ it feels like yar a stranger in yar own toon.

• 111 firebug666 // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:52 PM

Reports that Wolfsburg enquiring about Mandzukic shows signs #NUFC close to Bas Dost signing. Fee around €13m.

• 112 jane // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Jib I can see why people think we are the same person it stands out a mile.

• 113 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:55 PM

firebug sounds promising

• 114 firebug666 // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:57 PM

TFL

Just Twitter fodder mate, Trust nothing until you see the photo with the shirt.

• 115 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:59 PM

Are we defo selling Cisse ?? I would give him another years deal and then sign either Austin or Bost with Perez and Riviere competing for the other 2 striker slots in the squad

• 116 Average_Contents // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:59 PM

Firebug

Surely you missed out a decimal point between the 1 and 3 😉

• 117 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:59 PM

Do we really want Flat Bust, though. Isn’t he just another riviere, bu all acounts? By which i mean useless?

• 118 Online Guy // Jun 16, 2015 at 9:59 PM

Report that we are trying to sign Ba again, and the Na Na brothers/ twins from FC Reykjavik Iceland

All strikers ! Makes for an interesting forward line if we go 433 as is Steve’s preferred formation.

• 119 Jib // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:00 PM

Going to try to get to Milwaukee soon .
    Ed Sheeran , Neil Young , and the Isley Brothers are all on there in early July.
    Well soonish

• 120 Average_Contents // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:00 PM

There’s nothing quite like watching a wum talk to itself using it’s multiple accounts.

Now that’s entertainment.

• 121 firebug666 // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:02 PM

AC

Might have just given Charnley a heart attack if he reads that. Whoooooops!

• 122 jane // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:03 PM

“Now that’s entertainment.”

clever isn’t it

• 123 Online Guy // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:03 PM

This Just in ..

We still ain’t signed anyone

• 124 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:04 PM

AC never a truer word said

• 125 Online Guy // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:05 PM

I think the horse has Bolted ..

Mike ! did you lock the stable door ?

• 126 Our Toon // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:05 PM

Ahh so another day goes by, no offers accepted but plenty of arse scratching going on at the toon. I read somewhere or someone posted that we will sign 6 players….i hope that’s a joke because it’s no where near enough. Years of mismanagement have cost us dearly….dig deep you fat fcuk and fulfill your bullshit promise!!

• 127 jane // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:07 PM

“I read somewhere or someone posted that we will sign 6 players”

think that was just day one

• 128 sparky55 // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:08 PM

at least SM can walk whenever he wants unlike Pardew who could only walk when Ashley let him.

Maclaren will soon find out Ashley is just a bag of wind and can’t be believed or trusted.

• 129 Online Guy // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:09 PM

OUr Toon I like it

“plenty of arse scratching ”

Sweaty n’ aal

• 130 BandB // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:10 PM

If we sign Bas Dost before Friday this mood of gloom will have turned to elation. And I think we will sign him.

• 131 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:12 PM

B&B I hope you are right, in one way it means we have someone through the door

• 132 optimistic prime // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:13 PM

The boat comes in sat 😉

• 133 Jib // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:14 PM

Which mood of gloom BandB
    The only mood of gloom is on this blog
    Get yr fat ass in the Toon and sniff the air
    most people are upbeat as hell

• 134 Online Guy // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:14 PM

BandB

Das Bost signing Is interesting ..his name lends itself to many a little ditty and he might be deemed as someone who bosts the net in many a headline ..He could even go for Bost ..anymore ?

• 135 Online Guy // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:16 PM

See how I spelt his name wrong there

• 136 Online Guy // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:17 PM

Jib

Is dat you der Jeff?

• 137 Jib // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:17 PM

OG
    Bad Toast was propounded earlier

• 138 Online Guy // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:19 PM

Jeff if dats you calling yersel Jane and Jib would I be correct in saying you are part of the local constabulary and get to don plain clothes and hide behind bins in pink lane ?

Not you Jeff ?

• 139 sparky55 // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:19 PM

my money’s on no-one of note will arrive any time soon apart from freebies, loanee’s and crocks

• 140 Jib // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:20 PM

OG
    Nein ——- apparently Jane is Jeff

• 141 Online Guy // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:20 PM

JIb , seen the bad toast ..I’m gonna write a song or two if we sign him ..his name lends itself to a rhyme or 2

• 142 Ibizatoon // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:24 PM

Evening kiddies…how’s tricks?

• 143 Jib // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:25 PM

OG
    I prefer das boot
    and a chorus of yellow submarine when he scores

• 144 Jib // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:27 PM

comme ci comme ça

• 145 Online Guy // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:27 PM

I once went down pink lane to get to jazz club..on the way I was waylayed by 2 Scottish women , couldn’t understand a word they were saying but they somehow got me back to their Hotel room .. Very ornate Ceilings In the royal turks Hotel. I recall..Mind you ..I was exceedingly very very very very very Drunk

• 146 Ibizatoon // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:29 PM

Jib…If you say so.

How was your holiday in Palma?

• 147 firebug666 // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:31 PM

Soccer Sauce ?@soccer_sauce now11 seconds ago
    Regarding Austin-we were mistaken about player meeting #NUFC officials today.We understand his agent is actively engaged with them though

• 148 clinath@ed // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:32 PM

Wasn’t Das boost a washing up powder years ago?

• 149 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:32 PM

more guff firebug?

• 150 Moonraker15 // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:33 PM

Another day and no news ! Depressing! wtf is going on?

• 151 Online Guy // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:33 PM

thoughts of when we signed Shefki Kuqi gives me a shiver down my spine ..Is that all we meant to Ashley ?

All the club means to him ? The lack of respect to Passionate Fans is really bad. Just think our one signing back then was Shefki Kuqi …says it all really

I still have Nightmares .

• 152 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:34 PM

McClaren, Charnley and Moncur were all arguing today, unfortunately it was about who made the tea

• 153 firebug666 // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:35 PM

Soccer Sauce ?@soccer_sauce now10 seconds ago
    Soccer Sauce retweeted Soccer Sauce
    One thing that can’t be denied about our reporting on Austin-we’ve been right behind it for weeks now https://twitter.com/soccer_sauce/status/603140967038869504 … #NUFC
    Soccer Sauce added,
    Soccer Sauce @soccer_sauce
    We understand that Newcastle officials are meeting Charlie Austin this week for talks #NUFC #QPR

• 154 Online Guy // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:36 PM

The Eagle has Landed

The Horse has bolted

• 155 Online Guy // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:38 PM

Soccer Sauce ?@soccer_sauce

Keep stating the bleeding obvious dont they ..and half of it is old news and the other half is made up.. what an existence that man..

• 156 Moonraker15 // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:39 PM

They’ve put the horse on the cart but the fcuker’s deed!

• 157 Ibizatoon // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:40 PM

Online…Hindsight is a wondeful thing. Who could have known that Kuqi wouldn’t come up trumps?

I have a feeling that, much like with our head coach overhaul, we are also being made to wait for new players, so that desperation sets in and that fans will just be pleased that players have arrived.

It’s amazing how well it works for Ashley. I can’t imagine why he’d feel the need to change much.

Still, I do expect signings to arrive. I imagine BandB isn’t far off with her prediction. 3 purpling players (not quite ripe yet) and then 3 potential purples, but further down the line than our usual prospects.

Did I read something about bonuses for progressing in the cups?

Maybe the players are being offered enough cash to go and hire their own coaching team, perhaps another player or two?

• 158 Online Guy // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:41 PM

Righjt I’m pissing off as its time for the accountants to arrive on the blog… Righjt ? I’m starting to speak Dutch lads
    cul

• 159 Ibizatoon // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:42 PM

I think Ashley sold the horse to Tesco for extra minced meat.

He was offered a quick profit. Can’t blame him.

• 160 bobby mango // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:43 PM

Stoke signed a striker now.
    Same old story – Newcastle playing catch up. Yet again we’re soon going to be the only club who hasn’t signed anyone.

Macclaren said it himself – if you’re standing still you’re moving backwards.

Listen to your own advice and f’ing sign some much needed first team players.

• 161 NezzaNUFC // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:43 PM

Soccer Sauce have never been reliable just the same old every season – I’m still waiting for PEA to come considering it was Soccer Sauce who said he was at Newcastle in talks over transfer

( He wasn’t even approached nor has he ever came to Newcastle )

• 162 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:43 PM

since when have we been linked to elmohamedy?

• 163 Online Guy // Jun 16, 2015 at 10:50 PM

Ibizatoon

Heloooo Good to see your name up there in Blue ..I think yer correct and also think BandB is very perceptive and reads situation well .. Knows within a whisker what’s coming next ..never far off the mark ..I just think it was all false promise from MA ..quelled the protest him coming out and speaking ..tactical, and playing the fans like a broken fiddle ..the man has no respect and is so arrogant with it ..I don’t hate anybody but he’s (MA) the closest thing to it in my heart. Too many filthy dirty tricks have manifested within his big head and been used to scorch and hurt Newcastle United Supporters.

Every stupid mistake he has seemed to make were not mistakes ..all done for effect ..anyway you know all of this ..

I’v got to pop out back soon . all best

• 164 Ibizatoon // Jun 16, 2015 at 11:01 PM

Online…From what I understand, BandB dabbles with a bit of fortune telling in the papers. She’s been pretty spot on to date, it has to be said.

For me, this summer had to have some movement. There really wasn’t much of a choice. Why not try and present it as ambition?

I’m expecting a similarish summer to when we signed Cabaye, Ba, Santon etc. Pardews first summer in charge. New beginnings all that. I went for it hook, line and sinker. Mind, I like to think I’m a bit more experienced this time round. Be nice if I was wrong…again.

I do struggle to get my head past how someone so successful, could be so careless if it wasn’t by design. You don’t hire Joe Kinnear twice unless you’re being a d*ck. Sorry, no two ways about it.

The day the club / Ashley stop with the silly games and start acting hosestly, I may re-evaaluate. I’ve seen nothing of the sort yet. I’m not even that interested in new players to be honest. No bank balance can buy soul. Such is Ashleys problem.

Hope you’re well.

• 165 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 17, 2015 at 12:26 AM

Thought he wasn’t for sale

previous post: McClaren Could Decide To Keep This Central Midfielder