The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

McClaren – The First Four Games Are Key

8:04 pm, Wednesday, June 17th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 127 Comments

The first few games of the season look really tough for Newcastle, with the first four games being Southampton (H), Swansea (A), Manchester United (A) and Arsenal (H), before the International break,  and that’s followed in a few games by Chelsea coming to St. James’ Park and a trip to the Etihad against Manchester City.

So we hope that spurs Newcastle in the transfer market this summer to really strengthen the side.

steve mcclaren nufc 5

Steve McClaren – first four games are key

Here’s the first tough eight games of the season for Newcastle.

Saturday, August 8

Watford (H)

Saturday, September 26
Chelsea (H)

Saturday, October 3
Manchester City (A)

Steve McClaren talked on the Newcastle web-site about the games:

“Last week I was appointed head coach and that was a great moment, but when you get the fixtures through it really hits home and creates that extra buzz and excitement.” “We have a home game up first, which is always good.”

“It is a home game against a top-eight side and a very good team. Southampton had a tremendous season and probably over-achieved from what they thought at the beginning, so it is certainly an exciting fixture for us.”

“You want to test yourself against the best straight away, especially if you are ready.” “The first four games are key. Then the international break comes along, so you can have a breather and a break and have a look at things.”

“But to have last season’s top four inside those opening couple of months is going to be a real test, but one we will relish.” “It gives us a real edge going into our pre-season schedule, knowing that the work every day is vital and you have to be ready.”

“I experienced the local derbies of Sunderland against Middlesbrough, but this is a little bigger and will be great to be a part of.” “I had a good record against Sunderland but that is not important now. It was a while ago. I am now head coach of Newcastle, we have lost the last five derbies and it is about time we reversed that.”

“I used to work out points for certain games and months, but not anymore.” “Instead, you have to go into every game preparing to win it and believing you can get three points every time you set foot on the pitch.”

“If your preparation is right and you get the results then you move onto the next game and don’t look any further forward than that.”

“It’s a cliché but we will take each match one at a time.”  “The next thing to look forward to is the players coming back for pre-season and then we can really get going.”

That’s a good point that it doesn’t mean much to have targets for each game, with the main thing being to prepare properly, and concentrate on the next game and what the game plan is.

Then the lads have to try to execute the game plan perfectly, and if that happens we’ll get more wins than losses next season.

And yes, there’s a little bit of hope in that statement too – but Newcastle really need a season where we can be in the upper half of the table all season.

It’s not good fighting against relegation.

Steve should be fairly close to announcing his backroom staff before the end of the week, and it would be good to get our first signing completed fairly soon.

Tags: Coaching · Derby · Fixtures · Head coach · Management · Newcastle News · Premier League

127 responses so far ↓

• 1 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:07 PM

I love it when someone talks about spending other peoples money…all reality goes out the window! 🙂

• 2 Ibizatoon // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:10 PM

A game against a top 8 team.

I have no words Steve.

• 3 BandB // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:10 PM

Welshie,

So just disown him.
    Cut him down to size with your famed wit.
    Instead of asking innocently if he has said anything that bad?

• 4 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:10 PM

…it’s nothing but emotions and what the heart wants! The head had absolutely no say 🙂 gotta love it!

• 5 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:11 PM

Ibiza
    Ground control, Mike’s rocket is too heavy to take off

• 6 jane // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:11 PM

has the new finance director who will be on the board been appointed yet anyone know?

• 7 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:12 PM

Has the bid for Paul Scharner been made?

• 8 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:13 PM

Haven’t heard anything as of yet!

• 9 Our Toon // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:14 PM

I’m sick of interviews being conducted daily, shut the fcuk up and start making bids. Then when you’ve signed good enough players I may want to hear the constant drivel that’s put out to the media but only at press conferences to unvail a new player!!

• 10 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:15 PM

sorry slightly off topic, I know I’m on extra strong pain killers but was Welsh arguing with himself on the last thread?

• 11 jane // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:16 PM

could have been home to Huddersfield in the first game.

• 12 Bambams // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:17 PM

I have heard we have spent a fortune on Evergreen 4 in 1 repair fertiliser for the pitch.

Big chunk of the kitty gone but it will be worth it in the end and SJP will have daisy and clover free pitch

• 13 Krul To Be Kind // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:18 PM

I’ve got it now… All this public speaking this summer by macca is to ready the September excuse.

Signings, what signings? I was clearly too busy doing bloody interviews!

It’s in the book by Frank Partnoy called Wait: The useful Art of Procrastination

• 14 BlacknWhiteBarmy // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:19 PM

This boy is a genius – Carver would not of worked that out and he is the best coach in the EPL. Problem is the other 34 games are vital as well – and as for his comment of playing the top teams …. finishing 15th means there are a lot of clubs above you i.e. better than you

• 15 welshgeordie9 // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:19 PM

ToonFromLeeds

No i was not arguing with myself.

• 16 Average_Contents // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:20 PM

Ibizatoon

So that’s why we can’t compete with them. One season they’ve finished in the top 8 so therefore that makes them a consistent top 8 team and deserve to be labelled as such in shteve’s book. Perhaps the king was right after all 😉

• 17 jane // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:20 PM

is the rugby world cup going to wreck the pitch?

• 18 Ibizatoon // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:20 PM

Jane @11…Some on here don’t realise just how lucky we are.

TFL…Strong painkillers you say. Enjoy 🙂

TBF, I can’t imagine it’d be Mikes weight that was the issue. It will be that he ordered the parts on the cheap. I mean, SD rockets?

• 19 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:21 PM

I wasn’t trying to offend, these pills have knocked me for 6 and I thought I was hallucinating

• 20 BandB // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:22 PM

TFL

Sorry to hear you are unwell?

Is Welshie arguing with himself?

I notice his holidays have ended on the same day as Jeff’s aliases have attracted massive scorn.

I know if someone was dragging my name through the mud with a dummy account I would take it up with him immediately.
    Welshie hasn’t.
    Of course he hasn’t.

• 21 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:22 PM

lol Ibiza and the sondico drive plate has fallen off lol

• 22 BlacknWhiteBarmy // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:22 PM

Jane – Finance Director rumoured to be Jack Warner

• 23 bettyswallocks // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:22 PM

Expectations have certainly been lowered. We shouldn’t allow this mission to be accomplished.
    The Ashley statement was a start but the question we need to ask is when the quest for success is going to start.
    Back in promise land with no timescale on the impending hunt for a trophy means nothing at all.
    This needs to be addressed at the forum if we ever get one.

• 24 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:23 PM

thanks B&B on some knock out pills til surgery mate

• 25 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:24 PM

blacknwhite isn’t Jack Warner Ma’s financial advisor?

• 26 Ibizatoon // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:24 PM

AC…It’s all rather confusing really. I seem to remember Pardew talking of consolidating our top 10 status after finishing 5th.

As I remember, that didn’t go to plan.

• 27 welshgeordie9 // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:25 PM

BandB

Why bother asking him/her it’s not going to change anything.

• 28 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:25 PM

Has the backroom staff been announced yet? I know Rome wasn’t build in a day and I should be more patient 🙂

• 29 BlacknWhiteBarmy // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:26 PM

TFL – transport for london ?? YEP. Master of the brown envelope

• 30 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:29 PM

bad news guys

• 31 BandB // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:29 PM

jesper,

It took Caesar 10 days to build a bridge across the Rhine.

• 32 Belfast // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:31 PM

The computer must support the mackems.

• 33 Our Toon // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:32 PM

Di Sakho aka bad back striker….glad he’s not for sale!!

• 34 Krul To Be Kind // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:32 PM

Jesper Rome wasn’t built in a day, that much is true but it certainly wasn’t falling down after 8 years! ????

I’m caught in the euphoria of it all too at the moment, but a touch of frustration is setting in as potential targets get sought by others who just go in and buy! Ours is so protracted it’s worse than watching George Graham’s the boring, boring Arsenal!

• 35 Ibizatoon // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:33 PM

betty…What do you mean, expectations have been lowered?

Don’t you go pointing out things like back in January there was an overwhelming anti McLaren feel on the blog, yet now, after 5 months of the Carver experience, people are delighted with McLaren.

It’s all just coincidence.

Welsh…If I were you, I would confront him / her / them. What could go wrong, if you pushy for info, it may well come out. You never know.

• 36 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:33 PM

BandB…does that mean I can expect an answer by the end of the week?

• 37 Ibizatoon // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:33 PM

Damn aoto-correct…

push*

• 38 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:35 PM

Krull…I never came out on the other side of frustration…so I guess I am all good 🙂 lol

• 39 Ibizatoon // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:37 PM

Now would probably be a good time to ask.

I do understand that many fans have wanted to give this new era a chance and not appear negative for the sake of negativity.

But when it all appears to be like it has before, how long do we wait? Are we just waiting for a few signings to relax the nerves?

Does no one remember the summer we got Cabaye, Ba, Santon, Marv etc? They were exciting days. We even got 5th. I remember we were going places. It all went downhill pretty quickly.

It may be helpful if someone at the club explained why they thought that was. They always say they’ve learned lessons, but never tell us what lessons.

Personally, I think we as fans could probably learn some lessons from our experience.

Right. Time to stuff my fat face.

• 40 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:37 PM

I am not really delighted with McClaren if we are counting heads!

• 41 Ibizatoon // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:38 PM

Jesper…Really? I had you down as a definite Steve fan 🙂

Catch you later.

• 42 mactoon // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:38 PM

The fixtures shouldn’t be your priority Steve, the signings you are ‘allowed’ to make are what we are interested in. How is it going or are you not allowed to admit we have to sell players to buy the players you want to add to the squad. Your main target Charlie Austin seems to have died a death as the ‘football board’ wont meet the £15 million asking price WHICH IS A STEAL!!! So what now? are you another yes man or are you actually orchestrating a change in the recruitment policy? Will you walk if the same frugal and failing transfer polict continues or are you going to become the next puppet?
    We don’t even know who your backroom staff are even though it was supposed to be in place 2 days ago, Stand up and tell us what’s going on for gods sake

• 43 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:39 PM

Ibiza…safe some food for me 🙂

• 44 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:40 PM

Has the Bas Dost transfer gone bye byes too?

• 45 spitfire_ // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:40 PM

If the first four games are key, then McClaren already lost his keys.

• 46 BlacknWhiteBarmy // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:45 PM

TFL – you really believed we could be in with a shout?

Watford and Brighton players are more our level and even then it will take some persuading as well as using us a stepping stone to the teams of the might of Swansea and Stoke

• 47 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:49 PM

this is getting very worrying

• 48 BlacknWhiteBarmy // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:51 PM

I think most people are of the opinion that FatAshes interview was to calm the fans before the relegation decider. It worked and FatAsh has won again – it mugs like us that are keeping him there – take a leaf out of Rangers book and boycott all things Fatty – if you must go cover the Wonga logo with JD Sports logo – anything to rile the FatOne

• 49 toon22 // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:52 PM

To be decisive it takes someone at the top to make a decision and make a bold move.
    Problem is the only person who can do that is MA,and he aint interested.
    So it takes those saddled with the job so long to haggle most everyone is gone before we have even made a serious bid.
    MA OOUUTTT

• 50 BandB // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:55 PM

TFL

If you have read what Ibizatoon wrote above about how the experience of Carver made the appointment of the previously unwanted McClaren seem like a huge step forward, its is possible to extrapolate from that that when we are dreading a bunch of loanees from League Two, any run-of-the-mill signings might be greeted with outpourings of fanly gratitude, joy and relief.

• 51 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:56 PM

Mashers should know better

• 52 mickalfas // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:57 PM

I love the line,test yourself against the best straight away,especially if your ready !!
    What fcuking planet is he on ,ready !!

• 53 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:59 PM

Have u lot upset my boyfriend? He was so angry and rough. He nearly strangled me with my Swansea scarf

• 54 BandB // Jun 17, 2015 at 8:59 PM

They’ll be right in the groove after a pre-season that encompasses just one credible opponent.

• 55 BlacknWhiteBarmy // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:00 PM

The players are not even signed!! Smart clubs sign them up quick so that they can settle, perhaps even train with the team or heaven forbid practice some set pieces

• 56 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:01 PM

gonna watch England women will pop in at half time

• 57 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:03 PM

Next Fans Forum meeting will be held on Monday July 6th

• 58 lesh // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:04 PM

BlacknWhiteBarmy

Finance Director rumoured to be Jack Warner?

Evening all………

• 59 lesh // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:07 PM

Tfl

So, we can take it that all signings will have been completed and the Forum’ll receive confirmation that no key players will leave – summer or January?

Aye Toon, we can but live in hope.

Keep smilin’

• 60 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:12 PM

From Vieira and Austin to McClaren and a lower league striker. Well done tea boy. You can put your feet up and have a nice brew.

• 61 Toon Tang // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Has wor Stevie Mc given any interviews in a faux-Geordie accent yet a la Twente??

Can’t wait to hear that one rolled out. He’s probably practicing it in the mirror as we speak..

• 62 Toon Tang // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:28 PM

Was that a tumbleweed rolling past or is it just Ashley dropping another bollock

Who knows / who cares

• 63 Toon Tang // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:33 PM

Plenty of top minge at the woman WC, its got me wondering if the male managers are sat in as they get changed and do they jump in the communal bath if they win?

All questions that need asking…

• 64 Toon Tang // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:36 PM

Hahaaaa would be funny if there was only one multiple account holder and me. And the multiple account holder responsible for all other accounts on here got banned and it was just me left. Like now

• 65 Toon Tang // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:39 PM

I reckon I could probably just keep noodling all day by myself, coming up with healthy debate centered around Das Boot and whether or not Carver will get his statue??

• 66 Average_Contents // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:41 PM

I’m with you brother. Get the quiche lol

• 67 Toon Tang // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:43 PM

Hahaha we’re back in the game matey

• 68 Average_Contents // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:44 PM

No not the lorraine, the flange one.

• 69 Toon Tang // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:47 PM

All day for a bit of flange. Homemade bacon one fresh out the oven haaa

Noice

• 70 welshgeordie9 // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:47 PM

Welshies sheep

You do know where you can shove that scarf, anyway what was your name before you changed it, I bet you were or still are one of the five clowns on here.

• 71 beermonkey // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:47 PM

if u got rid of all the multiples on here ed would lose half his income from the site

• 72 Average_Contents // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:48 PM

I know, I know. That was vile.

It’s toontang’s fault

He brings out the worst in me lol

• 73 Belfast // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:49 PM

I’ll take a sausage roll if there’s any left.

• 74 Average_Contents // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:49 PM

Bacon flange? Scrumptious

Again, sorry.

• 75 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:50 PM

does Mark Samson fancy Newcastle job? England women playing awesome

• 76 Average_Contents // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:51 PM

Beer

You could be onto something there mate. It would certainly explain a lot.

• 77 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:51 PM

some beef skirt left 🙂

• 78 Belfast // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:52 PM

I still think Ed should do a multiple roll call. Let us know who’s who once and for all.

• 79 Average_Contents // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:52 PM

Nope. No sausage rolls left.

Get yaself to greggs benny

• 80 welshgeordie9 // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:53 PM

beermonkey

You could say that about all the moaners as well.

Ha ha ha

• 81 Jail for Ashley // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Does setting up an account from lap top, tablet and phone not give you three different IP addresses though ?

• 82 Toon Tang // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:55 PM

I do have that effect AC haha. There’s nowt new on the footy front anyways so I think we’re safe to crack on.

Beer, true talk on the multiple posters thing eh

• 83 Belfast // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:56 PM

Welshie I think your new mate was previously called catchy’s pet lip.

Well that’s the main line of enquiry.

• 84 BandB // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:57 PM

But who was Catchy’s Pet Lip?

• 85 Toon Tang // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:58 PM

TFL 75, I doubt he’d wanna swap all them females running about for Rooney’s Jock strap hahahaa

• 86 Belfast // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:58 PM

I think if you’re connected to the same internet router it’s the same ip address. Not 100% sure on that though.

• 87 BandB // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:59 PM

And who was Fake Ruddy?

• 88 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 17, 2015 at 9:59 PM

This song should be Womens world cup anthem

• 89 welshgeordie9 // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:00 PM

Belfast

That clown is not my new mate.

• 90 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:00 PM

lol toon tang

• 91 Mister Tuff // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:02 PM

What’s all this talk of minge and flange. Disgraceful comments – a gentleman would not use such course expressions about the fairer sex.
    Compose yourselves.

• 92 BandB // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:03 PM

And who is not blue lower case MacToon?

• 93 Jail for Ashley // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:03 PM

Belfast,
    But I also think Riverie run dry is welshies sheep as well, which leads back to Ian Toon. Funny how catchys pet lip would normally only post on match days when Ian was out with the Toon army chatting with Pardew, as you do at away games and giving out free optical advice. He could hardly post under some of his more well known aliases while claiming to be at the match !!!

• 94 Thump // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:04 PM

@Jail for Ashley: It gives you three different local IP addresses (ie: that devices numbe on the network), but your public IP address will remain the same across all devices unless one of the devices are using a VPN or proxy.

• 95 Jail for Ashley // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:08 PM

Thump,
    What about 3G then ?

• 96 overtheline // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:11 PM

i do not believe Charlie Austin is on our striker wishlist, or ever has been. It is all a smokescreen to make sure no other team competes for our number1 striker priority

• 97 Toon Tang // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Its like the multiple poster whodunnit to end all other whodunnits

• 98 Thump // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Yeah, that’ll present a different IP.

Basically: the router is the thing that connects to the internet. Your computer (or phone, or laptop, etc.) will send the information it wants (a website) to your router, which then retrieves all of that information and sends it back to whichever device requested the info in the first place.

As a result, all devices connected to that router will share the same IP address, although they will have different identifiers on the network (that’s the local IP addresses).

If a device is using something other than that router to connect to the internet, it will have a completely different IP address.

Make sense?

• 99 lesh // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:15 PM

Ah, welshyboy, good to have you back.

So you’ve been on holiday have you? Where to? Glamping on a sheep farm have we?

• 100 BandB // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:21 PM

I think unusual phrases like “Agent Bruce” or a penchant for handing out awards to the same favoured poster are reasonable clues.

• 101 Small World // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:21 PM

Jail for Ashley // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:08 PM

This website will only see 1 IP address per visitor. If 2 visitors share a router e.g. are in the same building – the will present the same IP address.

If a visitor uses a phone and a Pc, they will present a different IP address depending on which device they are using.

• 102 awaydays // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:22 PM

Would love to know why people are saying sell this player or sell that ill put it simply… If we sell cisse and got dost and austin and thats a big if… Perez will surely be 3rd or 4th choice depending on riviere
    If we kept cisse we have 4 senior strikers and perez could be loaned so he can play week in week out and as for defenders wow how can you say sell willo and taylor they might be rubbish more often than not but we dont have enough defenders anyway and getting rid of taylor and willo is just stupidity because even if we brought in dunk and van dijk they are untested at this level and you cant say dummet and jaanmat can play there cos they are full backs and thats where they are best this isnt your career mode on fifa guys it takes people time to adjust

• 103 NezzaNUFC // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:24 PM

Newcastle have less than 30 million in this so called war chest.

As I’ve stated before prepare for a down fall and don’t expect very good players coming here

• 104 lesh // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:25 PM

Something else to chat about?

• 105 optimistic prime // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:25 PM

Ip man

Canny film

• 106 welshgeordie9 // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:33 PM

lesh

For your information Sherlock I was in burnham on sea, if you are not good at geography that’s in somerset.

• 107 welshgeordie9 // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:36 PM

It takes the bloody piss when you go on the Severn Bridge and you have got to pay to come back in to your own country.

• 108 Jail for Ashley // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:37 PM

lesh,
    Would you pleased if you got syphilis back too ?

• 109 Average_Contents // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:38 PM

Shoulda careered off it then. Bet you’d feel right at home under a bridge.

Ha ha ha

• 110 nufc 11 // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:40 PM

Everyone connected to the club needs a serious morale pick me up does ma really think that the interview was it? All the shit about new signings I’d be surprised if charnley could sign his name at the dole office let alone sign players. 60 million war chest fcuking hell lucky to get a couple of youngsters on loan wait and see. You can never ever ever trust magic Mike.

• 111 Average_Contents // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:40 PM

Nezza

People keep referencing it as “a war chest”

Mikey prefers piggy bank. About the same size I’d imagine. Loadsa coppers and 5p’s, the odd button and some fluff.

• 112 welshgeordie9 // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:41 PM

Shut up average you Muppet.

• 113 ilovetoon8788 // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:43 PM

So austins gone now. We were never favourites. Nothing has changed here really. Hope all those who buy season tickets are very happy.

• 114 toonicle // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:44 PM

Hey at least it’s not City in the first game again

• 115 welshgeordie9 // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:44 PM

So it’s deeney and dunk to get newcastle in the top eight.

Ha ha ha

• 116 welshgeordie9 // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:47 PM

And pardew this summer will be like right i will have this player, this player, this player, this player, this player and this player please, thank you very much.

• 117 Mister Tuff // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:48 PM

Hahaha – nice one -trolls are always attracted to a bridge.

• 118 Average_Contents // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:48 PM

The mirror (clubs preferred media partner) are also stating it’s around the £25m mark. Here’s hoping they’ve been fed shite intentionally by the club in the hope other clubs don’t think we have Loadsa money. Hang on we don’t….

• 119 Our Toon // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:50 PM

Welsh

Yeah pardew may well say that but the players he’ll ask for are Tompkins, Shola, Bent…etc although these are gone that’s his preference…shite players thay will graft for him

I’d have preferred getting one of the top 4 teams as 1st game, especially citeh with the Copa America going on, Aguero and Zabaleta will miss the 1st game as they’ll be rested

• 120 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:52 PM

cabs coming back?

• 121 Mister Tuff // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:55 PM

Mmm interesting that the fool from the valleys states he has been on holiday at Burnham on Sea this last week.
    Funny that I’ve just been reading the local rag from that area – a real crime story unfolded.
    my god I know who is responsible now -he was in the area and the crime fits his “modus operandi”.
    Link:-

• 122 welshgeordie9 // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:55 PM

Be quiet Mister Meldrew.

• 123 welshgeordie9 // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:57 PM

You probably wouldn’t know where burnham on sea is anyway.

• 124 Jib // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:59 PM

awaydays
    You clearly have a headpiece on you and know what you are talking about.
    Find another blog
    This one is riddled with idiots mackems and psychotics .

• 125 Canny in Canberra // Jun 17, 2015 at 10:59 PM

War Chest, barely enough to fly a couple of sorties!!

Multiple Identities – Who cares they usually saying the same daft stuff regardless of the name they saying it under. Doesn’t bother me. I couldn’t do it. I’d forget who was me and end up arguing with myself. Lol
    Don’t sweat the small stuff people 🙂

• 126 welshgeordie9 // Jun 17, 2015 at 11:01 PM

Jib

Just muppets unfortunately.

• 127 Ben // Jun 17, 2015 at 11:49 PM

An evening with McClaren filmed 2014 – a good watch and some nice background on his career if anyone is interested.

previous post: Could Stoke’s N’Zonzi Replace Tiote At Newcastle?

next post: Newcastle Now In Tense Three Way Battle For Charlie Austin