Ayoze Perez Identifies What He Needs To Do Next Season

Ayoze Perez was one of the few success stories on Tyneside along with another new signing last summer Daryl Janmaat, and the youngster is currently relaxing back home with his family in Tenerife as his second season on Tyneside is about to begin.

The first one was very successful as the 5’10” striker increased both his strength and build and proved he can score goals in the Premier League with 7 goals on his first season.

ayoze perez flicks it home

What a goal this was from Ayoze Perez at West Brom

And one of those goals he scored at West Brom was a Lionel Messi type goal as he somehow back-heeled the with his right foot into the goal.

It reminds me of a goal I scored at Walker Park when I was just 9 years old, and as I remember (hint – my memory is shot) mine was a little bit more difficult and I put it in with my weaker left foot!

🙂

Perez was simply great for us last season, and he is already a popular lad with the Newcastle fans, and this is what he’s said today:

“It’s a learning curve,” “I feel that I have learned a lot by coming here to the Premier League.”

“There’s a lot that I need to improve, but overall I feel that I have grasped the way football is played in England.”

“Hopefully, that improvement will help me through next season.” “The holiday is a time to unplug and get away from football for a little bit.”

“We need to recharge our batteries and come back with fresh ideas and more energy to improve in the next season.”

We’re hoping Perez continues to improve like he did last season when for much of the season  he was our number once choice up front.

That’s not bad for a lad that signed on to be part of Peter Beardsley’s Development squad.

And here’s that wonder goal from last season, and it’s some nice passing play from Newcastle leading up to the goal.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:13 AM

Ashley Out !

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:13 AM

Repost,
    Ha ha,
    You know what’s coming next don’t you. Well John Carver is certainly regarded as one of the best coaches around, he worked with Sir Bobby and of course was assistant to Alan Pardew when they achieved that excellent fifth place finish, so after a welcome break and time to assess his future I am over the moon that he (John Carver) has decided to pledge his future here and welcome him to my staff.

• Klam3r

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:14 AM

Repost

Lilongwe Geordie

I’ve been angry at the club since they hired Pardew and I’ve written things about Ashley I’m not very proud of. Until the last match this season I was apathetic, almost.

I completely agree with you. Ashley has ruined a lot. The soul of our club is damaged. Last time I visited SJP it was a graveyard.

My point is we’re only a couple of weeks into silly season. McClaren not hiring the first assistant that pops up(that would’ve been Carver) is not a bad thing. I’m also pretty sure we have control of our targets, at least for now.

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:14 AM

Perrez identifies what he needs to do next season……

RUN AWAY, RUN AS FAST AS HE CAN, AND ESCAPE BEFORE ITS TOO LATE… TOO LAAAATTTTE.

• mickalfas

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:16 AM

When he’s fluent in English ,he’ll realise what a bunch of muppets he’s playing for and will leave for pastures new!!

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Klam3r,
    Our preferred media partner says we have had 2 rejections to join McClaren’s back room staff so far. That isn’t encouraging in the slightest. Yes, we should look to get the right people in place, McClaren said he wanted them here by Monday gone. Now he says next week. It is all just that little bit too familiar. It took us a month to appoint Pardew’s assistant, and we ended up with Carver.

The staff need to be in place asap, otherwise it is incredibly difficult to plan for pre season if you do not know the make up of your back room staff. Pre season begins early July, can’t remember the exact date, but that is looming large, and we have virtually no first team staff in place.

Listed as McClaren, Woodman First team goalkeeping coach, Beardsley Football Development Manager, and then Joe Joyce, Dave Watson and Chris Terpcou all of whom are Academy staff.

It is sheer incompetence from the board. McClaren would appear to have been the number one choice all along, I dread to think what where we would be at if McClaren hadn’t been sacked by Derby for winning the same number of games as Carver in his last 13 matches…..

• Rotonda heights

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Ayoze Perez Identifies What He Needs To Do Next Season

Get the hell out of here for his own sanity!!!!

• Rotonda heights

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:26 AM

YCMIU

beat me to it

• Average_Contents

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:27 AM

Funny that you mentioned free speech and opinions. The’re two things your beloved hates the most. How ironic.

Do you know the definition of jib?

Here let me educate you – To do one, to swerve, to drop, to pass over or around, to ignore, to leave alone (She jibbed him at the alter) Did you get as far as the alter? Highly doubtful I’d wager. Bet you’ve never left your tent.

How ironic that nobody does to you what your name suggests. I’m as guilty as anyone but I feel inclined to show your utterances for what they are. Guff.

Go back to annoying your mother.

• Rotonda heights

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:27 AM

don’t think carver would give back his pay off!!

• mickalfas

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:28 AM

And Perez chose us before barca and real,he’s obviously not quite right!!

• Average_Contents

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:29 AM

Lil

Again, well said. Incompetence of the highest order.

• BandB

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:31 AM

How some fans are feeling and what they re doing about it.
    Is the man a bad fan for deciding his faith in the regime, but clearly not the club, is exhausted?

• BandB

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:33 AM

By the way.
    Mr Tickle.
    How ironic.

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:33 AM

Rotonda

Thats ok. We can split the credit. You were probably typing it as i posted mine anyway 😀

• Average_Contents

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:34 AM

BandB

Tried to post that earlier but my phones playing up. Sums it up for me.

• Average_Contents

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:38 AM

Gissa laugh then.

“Here’s your renewal form”

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:38 AM

A_C

Your phone provider has updated its services. So you have to be patient. They have not had time to assess your phone correctly. Other phone companies have had time to discuss which posts thier customers can send. It’s unrealistic of you to expect instant gratification on sending your messages so soon after such a big upheaval

😉

• Jib

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:40 AM

My opinion is that there has been a palace revolution behind the scenes and at last the Geordie faction have some say in the running of the club.
    Ashley brought in his own creatures for years from JFK through to Pardew . Once Llambias went , Pardews days were numbered. For all the fulsome praise at the time from the club for AP I got the distinct impression that there was mutual dislike between Charnley (regardless of the mockery , NUFC to the core) and Pardew.
    We now have Moncur ,Carr ,Charnley, all longtime associates of the Toon , and their choice of manager .This group at last after much infighting seem to have the trust of the owner who, is now, thankfully , taking a less hands-on approach.

Only time will tell if I’m right or talking bollix.

I will now sit back and wait for the onslaught from Waldorf , Stadtler , Private Frazer, and Mr Meldrew and their pals

• Klam3r

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:42 AM

Lilongwe

Can’t argue with your post. You have some good points although I’m just not that worried. Not more than I have been before. Perhaps I’m still apathetic in some way.

We all agree on Ashley/Charnley(at least the sane of us). They can’t run a club and they are throught and through cynical.

For now though I still hope we can get some good players and staff in. I’m really hoping for Mitrovic(far fetched) and would love Austin, a good winger and a couple of confident defenders.

• one fine day

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:44 AM

Repost,
    25one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:43 AM

Assessing players,
    Utter boll@x.
    Since Maclaren has been nailed on for at least 3 months he has has plenty of time to have a look and the day he. Signed on he should have had a list of who was required.
    Also the rest of the ” board” I am pretty sure watched the utter shite last season .
    So the only reason for the lack of action is because a directive has gone out that we have to sell before we can buy again .
    So already the excuses have started.
    Boy done good ,
    Please just do one Ffs.
    Why do you constantly make snidey remarks about anyone on here because they challenge the clubs hierarchy ?
    Do you even like football?
    You seem to see everything as a balance sheet or the all important pounds per finishing position and r.o.i
    You were ” blathering “on towards the end of the season that relegation was not going to happen and everyone was making a fuss about nothing.. Yet you seemed to go missing for a while until after the west ham game.
    Really fail to see your motivation as you seem to think we should just accept our lot and be grateful we are in the big league .
    Clearly you know nothing about what this club means to a lot of people and when I say ” club” I mean newcastle united not the utter corporate sham that currently occupy NE 1 .
    Surely a man with such self importance has better things to do than waste your time on a supporters blog .

• BandB

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:45 AM

Fans should take their time. Assess what’s on offer. Decide whether it offers value for money.
    Who pays up front when they don’t know what they are getting?
    Certainly not Mike Ashley.
    Give them time to make their moves. But hold on to your cash in the meantime.
    Most people will be able to get their same seat in August, unless its a prime one nearer Mike Ashley, in which case another blogger might snap it up.

• Average_Contents

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:46 AM

No jeff/jib/Jane

We don’t need time, we already know you talk utter bollox

Mark

Lovely comparison lol

Shame it’s true.

• BandB

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:47 AM

They might do that to Jeff from Benwell, Jib.

But why should they get worked up about a brand new poster like you?

• Klam3r

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Lilongwe

Have to go. I respect your view on our situation. It’s more likely that you’re right. I just really want something to look forward to. I’m not ready to give up this summer now. At least give me a couple of weeks before I’m back telling everyone to stay away from SJP and boycotte.

• Average_Contents

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:49 AM

BandB

Nufc fans do exactly that. That’s why he bought us. He knew he could take the piss and get away with it. So far so good 8 years later.

• Average_Contents

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:51 AM

Ofd

You’ve sussed that spunktrumpet out and described it to a tee. Spreadsheets galore.

• Thump

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:52 AM

Once Llambias went , Pardews days were numbered.

Oh for fu…

Right. We’re going to do this one last time.

Alan Pardew would have remained at Newcastle United had Crystal Palace not bid for his services.

Let’s rephrase: if Crystal Palace did not want Alan Pardew, it’s very likely that Alan Pardew would still be here.

Just so we’re absolutely, 100% on the same page, let’s have it once again: Alan Pardew did not resign, stand down, or even blindly wander off. He was not forced out, nor was he sacked. Another football club — one in which he is remembered fondly — offered him a job, and paid compensation to his employer.

Why is this so hard to understand?

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:53 AM

I still can’t understand the “see if Ashley gets it right, because he is really trying” thing.

It should be clear by now he is fcuking useless and does not give a sh1t.

• optimistic prime

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:54 AM

Mclaren must be assessing the squad.

The fact the defence has leaked 60goals a season for 3 years isn’t a indication of the quality or ability of the players. He’ll obviously need to asses them.

I bet Stchteeve had never heard of NUFC or ever watched them play before June so he must have no idea at all.

Good job he hasn’t pushed for reinforcements in the defence or up front as it would be a waste of money, once Colo and Rivierre are fit they’ll be awesome.

Think Rooney and Moore.

Mickey Rooney and Rodger Moore

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:59 AM

I am going to have a new hunger at lunch time, but it will be unrealistic of me to expect myself to buy lunch, as i will have to spend up until tea time to assessing what exactly i am hungry for. Then i will have my lunch at tea time. This will leave me woefully short of time to get something for tea in the tea time transfer window, but i will probably grab a late panic buy kebab at the last moment, and have to pay the consequences of it for the remainder of the season (tomorow morning on the toilet)

• one fine day

Jun 19, 2015 at 10:08 AM

Ac,
    Just boils mine mate.
    Gave the blog a miss for a week and got back on today … Groundhog Day man. First topics coming up were… United finally to give up on main target…. Swansea to pip us again to target and the best one….. Newcastle have no chance of signing this international defender … It’s like two years ago and we have same news… Then the spread sheet guru. Pipes up …. Thinking I should bail until August 🙂
    But then I see welshy and jane /Jeff /jib have returned and it’s all just to much fun to look away
    Chelsea fans just don’t know what they are missing.

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 19, 2015 at 10:12 AM

It might chicken curry half rife half chips, but it costs 3.70. If i offer what i think its worth, then i might not get it over the line (they will tell me to fcuk off to greggs)

• BandB

Jun 19, 2015 at 10:12 AM

It’s funny that the spreadsheet is dogmatically in favour of Mike Ashley exercising his free market right to make purchases of his choice.
    But seems to expect the peasants to pay their Poll Tax without question.

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 19, 2015 at 10:12 AM

Rice *

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 19, 2015 at 10:14 AM

*it might BE chicken curry et.c…

• Jib

Jun 19, 2015 at 10:15 AM

Thump

Fair point

However , since AP was appointed NUFC manager Crystal Palace have had ;
    Neil Warnock (twice)
    Paul Hart
    George Burley
    Dougie Freedman
    Ian Holloway
    Tony Pulis

Why pray was he never tempted to jump ship on 8 previous occassions ?

• Blackley and Brownlie

Jun 19, 2015 at 10:19 AM

A few of the extreme Ashley bashers seriously suggested JFK would get the HC job.

My questions to the irate bloggers heading for heart attacks are “Which players, whom we can no longer buy because other clubs have bought them, would you have bought?”

“If, as you say, time is of the essence, why has no other club got Charlie Austin (or many other of your possible targets) wrapped up by now?”

• Jib

Jun 19, 2015 at 10:20 AM

Ha ha ha
    You never know
    The reason for the anonymity of PardewOut.com was because Charnley set it up.
    rotflmao

• one fine day

Jun 19, 2015 at 10:21 AM

B and B
    Not sure what I did in a previous life but at weddings I always get sat next to the spreadsheets ….. Even pretend I smoke sometimes just to get a break from the twat telling me the gross profit margin and food cost percentage on my chilli prawn linguine .

1 2 3 5