The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Ayoze Perez Identifies What He Needs To Do Next Season

9:11 am, Friday, June 19th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 192 Comments

Ayoze Perez was one of the few success stories on Tyneside along with another new signing last summer Daryl Janmaat, and the youngster is currently relaxing back home with his family in Tenerife as his second season on Tyneside is about to begin.

The first one was very successful as the 5’10” striker increased both his strength and build and proved he can score goals in the Premier League with 7 goals on his first season.

ayoze perez flicks it home

What a goal this was from Ayoze Perez at West Brom

And one of those goals he scored at West Brom was a Lionel Messi type goal as he somehow back-heeled the with his right foot into the goal.

It reminds me of a goal I scored at Walker Park when I was just 9 years old, and as I remember (hint – my memory is shot) mine was a little bit more difficult and I put it in with my weaker left foot!

🙂

Perez was simply great for us last season, and he is already a popular lad with the Newcastle fans, and this is what he’s said today:

“It’s a learning curve,” “I feel that I have learned a lot by coming here to the Premier League.”

“There’s a lot that I need to improve, but overall I feel that I have grasped the way football is played in England.”

“Hopefully, that improvement will help me through next season.” “The holiday is a time to unplug and get away from football for a little bit.”

“We need to recharge our batteries and come back with fresh ideas and more energy to improve in the next season.”

We’re hoping Perez continues to improve like he did last season when for much of the season  he was our number once choice up front.

That’s not bad for a lad that signed on to be part of Peter Beardsley’s Development squad.

And here’s that wonder goal from last season, and it’s some nice passing play from Newcastle leading up to the goal.

Tags: Ayoze Perez · Newcastle News · Newcastle Youth · Premier League · Video

192 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jail for Ashley // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:13 AM

Ashley Out !

• 2 Jail for Ashley // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:13 AM

Repost,
    Ha ha,
    You know what’s coming next don’t you. Well John Carver is certainly regarded as one of the best coaches around, he worked with Sir Bobby and of course was assistant to Alan Pardew when they achieved that excellent fifth place finish, so after a welcome break and time to assess his future I am over the moon that he (John Carver) has decided to pledge his future here and welcome him to my staff.

• 3 Klam3r // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:14 AM

Repost

Lilongwe Geordie

I’ve been angry at the club since they hired Pardew and I’ve written things about Ashley I’m not very proud of. Until the last match this season I was apathetic, almost.

I completely agree with you. Ashley has ruined a lot. The soul of our club is damaged. Last time I visited SJP it was a graveyard.

My point is we’re only a couple of weeks into silly season. McClaren not hiring the first assistant that pops up(that would’ve been Carver) is not a bad thing. I’m also pretty sure we have control of our targets, at least for now.

• 4 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:14 AM

Perrez identifies what he needs to do next season……

RUN AWAY, RUN AS FAST AS HE CAN, AND ESCAPE BEFORE ITS TOO LATE… TOO LAAAATTTTE.

• 5 mickalfas // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:16 AM

When he’s fluent in English ,he’ll realise what a bunch of muppets he’s playing for and will leave for pastures new!!

• 6 Lilongwe Geordie // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Klam3r,
    Our preferred media partner says we have had 2 rejections to join McClaren’s back room staff so far. That isn’t encouraging in the slightest. Yes, we should look to get the right people in place, McClaren said he wanted them here by Monday gone. Now he says next week. It is all just that little bit too familiar. It took us a month to appoint Pardew’s assistant, and we ended up with Carver.

The staff need to be in place asap, otherwise it is incredibly difficult to plan for pre season if you do not know the make up of your back room staff. Pre season begins early July, can’t remember the exact date, but that is looming large, and we have virtually no first team staff in place.

Listed as McClaren, Woodman First team goalkeeping coach, Beardsley Football Development Manager, and then Joe Joyce, Dave Watson and Chris Terpcou all of whom are Academy staff.

It is sheer incompetence from the board. McClaren would appear to have been the number one choice all along, I dread to think what where we would be at if McClaren hadn’t been sacked by Derby for winning the same number of games as Carver in his last 13 matches…..

• 7 Rotonda heights // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Ayoze Perez Identifies What He Needs To Do Next Season

Get the hell out of here for his own sanity!!!!

• 8 Rotonda heights // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:26 AM

YCMIU

beat me to it

• 9 Average_Contents // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:27 AM

Funny that you mentioned free speech and opinions. The’re two things your beloved hates the most. How ironic.

Do you know the definition of jib?

Here let me educate you – To do one, to swerve, to drop, to pass over or around, to ignore, to leave alone (She jibbed him at the alter) Did you get as far as the alter? Highly doubtful I’d wager. Bet you’ve never left your tent.

How ironic that nobody does to you what your name suggests. I’m as guilty as anyone but I feel inclined to show your utterances for what they are. Guff.

Go back to annoying your mother.

• 10 Rotonda heights // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:27 AM

don’t think carver would give back his pay off!!

• 11 mickalfas // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:28 AM

And Perez chose us before barca and real,he’s obviously not quite right!!

• 12 Average_Contents // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:29 AM

Lil

Again, well said. Incompetence of the highest order.

• 13 BandB // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:31 AM

How some fans are feeling and what they re doing about it.
    Is the man a bad fan for deciding his faith in the regime, but clearly not the club, is exhausted?

• 14 BandB // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:33 AM

By the way.
    Mr Tickle.
    How ironic.

• 15 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:33 AM

Rotonda

Thats ok. We can split the credit. You were probably typing it as i posted mine anyway 😀

• 16 Average_Contents // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:34 AM

BandB

Tried to post that earlier but my phones playing up. Sums it up for me.

• 17 Average_Contents // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:38 AM

Gissa laugh then.

“Here’s your renewal form”

• 18 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:38 AM

A_C

Your phone provider has updated its services. So you have to be patient. They have not had time to assess your phone correctly. Other phone companies have had time to discuss which posts thier customers can send. It’s unrealistic of you to expect instant gratification on sending your messages so soon after such a big upheaval

😉

• 19 Jib // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:40 AM

My opinion is that there has been a palace revolution behind the scenes and at last the Geordie faction have some say in the running of the club.
    Ashley brought in his own creatures for years from JFK through to Pardew . Once Llambias went , Pardews days were numbered. For all the fulsome praise at the time from the club for AP I got the distinct impression that there was mutual dislike between Charnley (regardless of the mockery , NUFC to the core) and Pardew.
    We now have Moncur ,Carr ,Charnley, all longtime associates of the Toon , and their choice of manager .This group at last after much infighting seem to have the trust of the owner who, is now, thankfully , taking a less hands-on approach.

Only time will tell if I’m right or talking bollix.

I will now sit back and wait for the onslaught from Waldorf , Stadtler , Private Frazer, and Mr Meldrew and their pals

• 20 Klam3r // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:42 AM

Lilongwe

Can’t argue with your post. You have some good points although I’m just not that worried. Not more than I have been before. Perhaps I’m still apathetic in some way.

We all agree on Ashley/Charnley(at least the sane of us). They can’t run a club and they are throught and through cynical.

For now though I still hope we can get some good players and staff in. I’m really hoping for Mitrovic(far fetched) and would love Austin, a good winger and a couple of confident defenders.

• 21 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:44 AM

Repost,
    25one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:43 AM

Assessing players,
    Utter boll@x.
    Since Maclaren has been nailed on for at least 3 months he has has plenty of time to have a look and the day he. Signed on he should have had a list of who was required.
    Also the rest of the ” board” I am pretty sure watched the utter shite last season .
    So the only reason for the lack of action is because a directive has gone out that we have to sell before we can buy again .
    So already the excuses have started.
    Boy done good ,
    Please just do one Ffs.
    Why do you constantly make snidey remarks about anyone on here because they challenge the clubs hierarchy ?
    Do you even like football?
    You seem to see everything as a balance sheet or the all important pounds per finishing position and r.o.i
    You were ” blathering “on towards the end of the season that relegation was not going to happen and everyone was making a fuss about nothing.. Yet you seemed to go missing for a while until after the west ham game.
    Really fail to see your motivation as you seem to think we should just accept our lot and be grateful we are in the big league .
    Clearly you know nothing about what this club means to a lot of people and when I say ” club” I mean newcastle united not the utter corporate sham that currently occupy NE 1 .
    Surely a man with such self importance has better things to do than waste your time on a supporters blog .

• 22 BandB // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:45 AM

Fans should take their time. Assess what’s on offer. Decide whether it offers value for money.
    Who pays up front when they don’t know what they are getting?
    Certainly not Mike Ashley.
    Give them time to make their moves. But hold on to your cash in the meantime.
    Most people will be able to get their same seat in August, unless its a prime one nearer Mike Ashley, in which case another blogger might snap it up.

• 23 Average_Contents // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:46 AM

No jeff/jib/Jane

We don’t need time, we already know you talk utter bollox

Mark

Lovely comparison lol

Shame it’s true.

• 24 BandB // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:47 AM

They might do that to Jeff from Benwell, Jib.

But why should they get worked up about a brand new poster like you?

• 25 Klam3r // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Lilongwe

Have to go. I respect your view on our situation. It’s more likely that you’re right. I just really want something to look forward to. I’m not ready to give up this summer now. At least give me a couple of weeks before I’m back telling everyone to stay away from SJP and boycotte.

• 26 Average_Contents // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:49 AM

BandB

Nufc fans do exactly that. That’s why he bought us. He knew he could take the piss and get away with it. So far so good 8 years later.

• 27 Average_Contents // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:51 AM

Ofd

You’ve sussed that spunktrumpet out and described it to a tee. Spreadsheets galore.

• 28 Thump // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:52 AM

Once Llambias went , Pardews days were numbered.

Oh for fu…

Right. We’re going to do this one last time.

Alan Pardew would have remained at Newcastle United had Crystal Palace not bid for his services.

Let’s rephrase: if Crystal Palace did not want Alan Pardew, it’s very likely that Alan Pardew would still be here.

Just so we’re absolutely, 100% on the same page, let’s have it once again: Alan Pardew did not resign, stand down, or even blindly wander off. He was not forced out, nor was he sacked. Another football club — one in which he is remembered fondly — offered him a job, and paid compensation to his employer.

Why is this so hard to understand?

• 29 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:53 AM

I still can’t understand the “see if Ashley gets it right, because he is really trying” thing.

It should be clear by now he is fcuking useless and does not give a sh1t.

• 30 optimistic prime // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:54 AM

Mclaren must be assessing the squad.

The fact the defence has leaked 60goals a season for 3 years isn’t a indication of the quality or ability of the players. He’ll obviously need to asses them.

I bet Stchteeve had never heard of NUFC or ever watched them play before June so he must have no idea at all.

Good job he hasn’t pushed for reinforcements in the defence or up front as it would be a waste of money, once Colo and Rivierre are fit they’ll be awesome.

Think Rooney and Moore.

Mickey Rooney and Rodger Moore

• 31 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:59 AM

I am going to have a new hunger at lunch time, but it will be unrealistic of me to expect myself to buy lunch, as i will have to spend up until tea time to assessing what exactly i am hungry for. Then i will have my lunch at tea time. This will leave me woefully short of time to get something for tea in the tea time transfer window, but i will probably grab a late panic buy kebab at the last moment, and have to pay the consequences of it for the remainder of the season (tomorow morning on the toilet)

• 32 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:08 AM

Ac,
    Just boils mine mate.
    Gave the blog a miss for a week and got back on today … Groundhog Day man. First topics coming up were… United finally to give up on main target…. Swansea to pip us again to target and the best one….. Newcastle have no chance of signing this international defender … It’s like two years ago and we have same news… Then the spread sheet guru. Pipes up …. Thinking I should bail until August 🙂
    But then I see welshy and jane /Jeff /jib have returned and it’s all just to much fun to look away
    Chelsea fans just don’t know what they are missing.

• 33 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:12 AM

It might chicken curry half rife half chips, but it costs 3.70. If i offer what i think its worth, then i might not get it over the line (they will tell me to fcuk off to greggs)

• 34 BandB // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:12 AM

It’s funny that the spreadsheet is dogmatically in favour of Mike Ashley exercising his free market right to make purchases of his choice.
    But seems to expect the peasants to pay their Poll Tax without question.

• 35 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:12 AM

Rice *

• 36 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:14 AM

*it might BE chicken curry et.c…

• 37 Jib // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:15 AM

Thump

Fair point

However , since AP was appointed NUFC manager Crystal Palace have had ;
    Neil Warnock (twice)
    Paul Hart
    George Burley
    Dougie Freedman
    Ian Holloway
    Tony Pulis

Why pray was he never tempted to jump ship on 8 previous occassions ?

• 38 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:19 AM

A few of the extreme Ashley bashers seriously suggested JFK would get the HC job.

My questions to the irate bloggers heading for heart attacks are “Which players, whom we can no longer buy because other clubs have bought them, would you have bought?”

“If, as you say, time is of the essence, why has no other club got Charlie Austin (or many other of your possible targets) wrapped up by now?”

• 39 Jib // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:20 AM

Ha ha ha
    You never know
    The reason for the anonymity of PardewOut.com was because Charnley set it up.
    rotflmao

• 40 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:21 AM

B and B
    Not sure what I did in a previous life but at weddings I always get sat next to the spreadsheets ….. Even pretend I smoke sometimes just to get a break from the twat telling me the gross profit margin and food cost percentage on my chilli prawn linguine .

• 41 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:23 AM

Ffs. Mashers minions still at it. Every window under mashley, we have ended it with a squad WOEFULLY short of the players we needed. The fat man drops the team in the deep end EVERY SINGLE TIME. If you cant see that then…. maybe your eye-cells have renewed, and they need another 8 YEARS to assess the bullsh1t thats going on in front of them

• 42 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:24 AM

Where is toonbrother. .?
    Is he holidaying in the Malvinas .. Sorry Falklands?
    Catching up with his mate?

• 43 Toon Tang // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:26 AM

Can you remember kit sponsors from the 90’s

I got 11 out of 12. Nice way to kick off Friday. POW

• 44 Offkey // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:29 AM

Jib // Jun 19, 2015 at 9:14 AM

Deji adesoga
    I don’t know where you are from.
    Probably somewhere where free speech isn’t tolerated
    In Europe and the English speaking world people are not told to keep their opinion to themselves.

Jib, you must not live in the English speaking world if you do not think people ‘are told to keep their opinion to themselves’………you are either stupid or very naive…….or a bit of both.

How about take your own advice…..

Jeff from Benwell // Mar 6, 2015 at 5:10 PM

ToonMatt
    If you know nowt say nowt

• 45 Jib // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:29 AM

The window doesn’t even OPEN for 12 days
    Then it’s open for 62 days
    Some people are setting themselves up to look proper noodles (continuing the food analogy )
    They will be shown no mercy
    The mockery will be painful to witness

• 46 Lilongwe Geordie // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:29 AM

Blackley,
    The second part of your question assumes that all clubs require exactly the same upgrades and have the same priorities. They don’t which makes it an utterly pointless hypothetical question.

To your first, very few for me, although I would have taken Ings and attempt to have shifted Rivi. But that doesn’t mean that is the clubs thoughts.

We have followed Ings, Gignac, Payet, Richards and Ayew for substantial lengths of time. Gomez of Charlton for the best part of a year. We can ignore the rumours that start and end within a month. If none of these players were really of interest to us, why have we wasted time and resources following them till they were available?

• 47 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:30 AM

Tuff

I Only got 6 🙁

• 48 Jib // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:31 AM

Offkey
    I’m too old to be called naive
    Therefore I must be stupid

• 49 welshgeordie9 // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:32 AM

Well said Jib

Ha ha ha

• 50 zimtoon // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:33 AM

anyone noticed cisse said he was happy at newcastle and he is looking forward to nxt season and noone at newcastle has said anything about him wanting to leave or a bid for him. only Ed seems to be fuelling the cisse out campaign and dont understand why he wants us to sell our best and proven goal scorer for people we dont even know will fit into the squad.

• 51 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:33 AM

More excuses

We are already a fortnight behind other clubs. We should be ahead. The squads weaknesses are clear. They should already have been 90% addressed. They are not. They are only just starting (they might not even have started yet).

• 52 Lilongwe Geordie // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:34 AM

I see on a Dutch football blog that Bas Dost apparently has the choice of a move to Newcastle or Dortmund. According to the Dutch paper Dortmund is a dream move for him, despite him supposedly telling his agent he wants to play in the Prem. Still, Dortmund haven’t bid yet, and are looking to offload Immobile before bidding.

• 53 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:35 AM

Toon tang
    Great link
    Sorry got all 12. Mate
    Think mainly due to my sad habit of collecting programmes back then.
    Did have a punt on Burma. Though

• 54 Brummie // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:35 AM

When was the last time Sissoko had an injury? Why are we trying to sell one of best players? Where’s all the signings we was promised…. I can see more sports direct standard players like gouffran and rievier

• 55 Mr Magpie // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:37 AM

Toontang

Excellent bit of light relief from the doom & gloom there mate….managed 11/12 too. Damn you Fisons & Ipswich!! lol

• 56 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:37 AM

Without googling it who can go back to greenhalls in order from wa@@ga ?

• 57 Jib // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:38 AM

YCMIU
    What is it about “SM hasn’t yet met the squad”
    you have don’t understand

• 58 Jib // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:41 AM

“you have don’t understand”
    my pc has turned asian

• 59 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:41 AM

Was this not the week we were told everything was going to happen new coaching staff, transfer targets signed up – well its coming up to 11 am – and not a diddly squat. Is this the future of the summer – SFA

• 60 Toon Tang // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:41 AM

Hahaa I botched up on Dr Martens but looking at the shirt when it popped up I really shouldnt have. The Burmah one from Swindon was a lucky guess also.

• 61 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:42 AM

Wonga
    Virgin money
    Northern rock
    Ntl
    Brown bottle
    Mcewans lager ( Andy cole)

Blue star .
    Miss any ?

• 62 Mr Magpie // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:42 AM

Jib

If it was all a case of Mcclaren meeting the squad why were Jonas, Raylor & the others released without him being able to assess them first?

• 63 PSYCHOtoon // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Forward Planning Lesson One

In any given position you need to be able to evaluate successes and shortcomings and identify where and how you can improve systems, personnel and investment.

Even schoolkids forward plan how they’re going to spend their pocket money but it seems to be well beyond anybody at SJP.

• 64 Toon Tang // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:45 AM

One fine day 56. I’m going to gee myself up for that one. It’ll probably take me a while but wont cheat.

• 65 Toon Tang // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:46 AM

Brown ale being my favourite. Just the blue star by itself. Lovely stuff

• 66 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:46 AM

Jib
    There are already people at the club who have known our weaknesses for MONTHS.

What is it about the last 8 years you don’t understand?

If..(a massive if) there is a sudden break from the norm, then people like me who will suddenly be “wrong” still won’t need to appologise, or hold their hands up and admit it because of one thing….

….being proven wrong in window after window after window, for 8 YEARS and then still believing what Jabba says is infinitely more reprehensible than being wrong once. Assuming the norm is logical, and therefore you can’t critisise if it changes, especially since any change is massively unlikely.

• 67 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Toon tang

Sorry i called you tuff… you have almost the same bright orange pattern on the mobile site

• 68 Jib // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:52 AM

OFD
    Greenalls for one season

• 69 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:52 AM

Toon tang. I guessed that ipswich would be sponsored by the fertilizer company, seeing as they are the tractor boys.

• 70 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:57 AM

Toon tang
    That blue star would be a huge improvement now.
    Jib ,
    So was the greenhalls before the blue star ?
    I am thinking it was in the Micky Quinn years .?

• 71 Average_Contents // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:57 AM

Mark

That’s a poor effort. You even got the name wrong of the person that posted it lol.

I got 11. The last one got me. Still, it’s better than you’re pitiful attempt and I’m younger than ewe 😉

• 72 Toon Tang // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:58 AM

ycmiu . Haha no probs mate. They do love their fertilizer down Suffolk way eh.

Was trying to find a bumper quiz with a load of multiple choice questions covering all aspects of 90’s premier league era. Post a link if anyone finds one. Bored as hell I am

• 73 Jail for Ashley // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:59 AM

ofd,
    @21,
    Bravo, very well put

• 74 Toon Tang // Jun 19, 2015 at 10:59 AM

AC I had a wild stab in the dark on the last one and pulled it off. WestHams stumped me for some reason..

• 75 optimistic prime // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:00 AM

So Mclaren needs to meet and speak to the players to decide if they’re good enough or need replacing.

There’s no way he could do that by watching games they’ve played or by asking the mighty Moncour or Charnley.

Jeffrey will say anything but his prayers

• 76 optimistic prime // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:01 AM

Jib

Half a season you muppet

• 77 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:02 AM

Any minute and beg will pop up and give us what each of those sponsorship deals were worth.

• 78 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:05 AM

Beg… B.d.g

• 79 Jib // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:05 AM

OFD
    1990

• 80 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:06 AM

AC

I put my effort down to the fact i have far better things to do with my life….. or maybe it was because it was a new quiz, and i jeed time to assess et.c et.c et.c 😀

• 81 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:07 AM

*need

• 82 Average_Contents // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:08 AM

I’ve got a player quiz lol

• 83 optimistic prime // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:08 AM

I was only around ten but still rember going to the town to get Greenals taken off my shirt and replaced with a blue star free of charge.

If I rember right Greenals pulled out midway through the season.

• 84 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:08 AM

Jib ,
    See my post at 56
    That’s what I meant from greenhalls to wonga

• 85 Jib // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:12 AM

OFD
    Soz I got the wrong end of the stick

• 86 Average_Contents // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:12 AM

Either way it was piss poor mate lol

• 87 optimistic prime // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:13 AM

The chronicle are reporting we are in Advanced talks with Dost, this is after reporting yesterday we where no where near finalising any transfers.

Must be canny informative being a preferred partner.

• 88 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:14 AM

hey up guys have I missed anything as anyone signed?

• 89 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:17 AM

TFL

Nope, and apparently we are all stupid and impatient for expecting it. Its only been 8 years since we had an adiquate squad after all 😀

• 90 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:18 AM

oh nice YCMIU

Puts his stamp on? is he posting us?

• 91 Sazzer // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:21 AM

If Dortmund want Dost but need to sell Immobile first then sell Immobile to us.

• 92 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:23 AM

Lil
    Although you say my second question is utterly pointless, you support my argument. Other clubs will have different priorities so what’s the panic?

You say we’ve followed player x, y and z for ages. How does anyone know that? But lets say it’s true. On that basis we’ve kept tabs on hundreds of players. I’m asking you and the panickers, who would you have bought? What’s the panic?

• 93 Mr Magpie // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:23 AM

TFL

No missed nothing mate…we are all being unreasonable to expect signings.

We need to give Mcclaren time to assess the coaches & the squad as he has only been here 5 minutes…i believe we were all told to GET REAL!!!

• 94 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:24 AM

Immobile supposed to be allowed to go for £9 million that’s a steal

• 95 Toon Tang // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:24 AM

AC 82. Fry me brains that laaaa.

I’ve had a little flick down through, reckon I’ll get a few haha

• 96 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:24 AM

Mr M
    Taking p*ss already eh?

• 97 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:26 AM

A_C

Got 13 of the players. A few were by process of elimination. Did better in the second half of it.

• 98 Toon Tang // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:27 AM

19 out of 22. Some guessed but its surprising what you remember from all them sticker books from early 90’s.

• 99 Mr Magpie // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:28 AM

TFL
    Yeah there really is no point talking to some posters, they are so delusional they will always defend what has happened over the last 8 years under Ashley’s reign no matter what is clear to everyone else.

• 100 BandB // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:30 AM

I’m certainly not panicking.

For the record.

I expect signings and I don’t mind if they are a bit late as long as they clearly improve the squad in depth and quality, after the club admitted it had cut things a bit tight in January.

I hope people will stay calm, and not invest their cash until they see some evidence that the new leaf isn’t a fig leaf.

Who could call that unreasonable?

• 101 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:32 AM

Mr M

I am giving up on them too. They can call me anything they like, and they can stay in bed with Mashley all day if they want.

• 102 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:32 AM

To all the flappy birds. Let’s say your in charge today and you say, “F*** This. Move out the way tea boy. I’ll show you how it’s done. Sir Les, here’s £15m for Austin.”

What happens if Sir Les says “Thank you very much Mr Flappy Bird but we’ll wait to see if we get any higher offers. There are lots of clubs interested.”

• 103 optimistic prime // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:33 AM

We should be playing where’s Wally not quizzing 😉

• 104 Mr Magpie // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:34 AM

Average Contents

Got all 22, which is more a testament to me only being 35 & having grown up with those players playing & me being a bit of a sad tw@t! lol

• 105 Toon Tang // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:35 AM

OP is he still on that beach or what?? 🙂

• 106 Toon Tang // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Mr Magpie. Ruel Fox was a blast form the past eh

• 107 optimistic prime // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:36 AM

Not sure, but I hope he’s took that red n white top off

• 108 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:37 AM

Mr Magpie
    There’s a difference between defending Ashley for what he has done and defending him against extreme criticism. If you had offered £15m for Austin immediately, how do you know Sir Les wouldn’t play hard ball? Same for all players. It’s often about brinkmanship and chains of transactions. How often ate deals done on the final day for all clubs?

• 109 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:38 AM

BandB

It is reasonable, but i just dont think we will have time to get the players we actually need. I expect us to be 2 or 3 short as usual. I hope you are rewarded for being patient, but I can’t see it tbh.

• 110 Mr Magpie // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:41 AM

YCMIU

Yeah it is pointless to even try engaging in sensible conversation with a small minority of posters.

I like others have opinions & views but on occasion other posters have expressed a different view to mine that also makes a lot of sense to which I have to concede they make a valid point.

However even when presented with infuttable evidence some posters just ignore this, put their head in the sand & continue to bang the same drum to make a point!

• 111 Mr Magpie // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Toon tang

Yeah him & Paul Warhurst…best bit David Hirst’s earing! lol

• 112 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:43 AM

This just screams, we were too tight to buy a striker but now we have to

• 113 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:44 AM

Mr M

Yep, and then they expect us to suck them off when a small piece of what they said comes true (very rare) but we cant expect a concession from them each time it goes t1ts up (frequently).

• 114 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:45 AM

I agree Mr M some people especially a couple beginning with J are like talking to a brick wall

• 115 roblee7 // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:46 AM

See some guy on Twatter linking us with Pato

• 116 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:48 AM

Average,
    19/22 for me
    Who the f@ck is rennie ? Lol
    And eddie Newton done me too

• 117 roblee7 // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:48 AM

Pato wud b class, but possibly one of the most injury prone players ever. Sounds like our kind of signing! I’d like it to happen just for the excitement, and would a signing like that not be worthwhile for shirt sales alone? That would be biggest name signing probably since Owen, who was equally as injury prone 😉

• 118 lesh // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:51 AM

Lil

Oh dear, where have you been?

You know that costs/ wages figure prominently in Ashley’s model and sadly, that governs who McClaren gets – whether back room staff of players.

Arse first as usual no doubt!

• 119 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:52 AM

Pato and owen are not big names…. they only have 4 letters each 😀

• 120 lesh // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:53 AM

roblee7

It’s not Pato we’re in for, it’s Plato (the long dead philosopher)!

• 121 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:53 AM

Toon tang
    Yeah forgot about the fox .happy days when we simply just paid what a club asked for and signed them

• 122 Mr Magpie // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:56 AM

Blackley

More aimed at Jib/Jeff/Jane or whoever he woke up this morning as but to answer your point i agree with band b to the point of allowing them time to to bring in players.

I am not of the opinion to pay whatever it takes to get Austin on board, transfers are a long game & every club will know we are flush with money & need players so will increase purchase price which in turn will lead to players increasing wage demands for the same reasons.

It’s not a case of trust with Ashley & the board as once bitten & all that but allowing them the time to try to put right what over the last 8 years they have got wrong should be allowed as this will determine if the new found ambitions match our own. This can’t be judged completely until after the transfer window has closed & we take stock of what they have achieved.

Your correct in the point that Ashley can be blamed for many things but can’t be blamed for everything but at the same time we as fans can demand change, want new signings in to continue as the board have said momentum & as they have admitted mistakes have been made we can also expect them to be rectified with immediate effect.

• 123 jimmysmith // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:57 AM

Perez and Janmaat were not the only bright spots in a generally dismal season. Haidarra also played well, until injured, as did Sammi, until Carver got his unadulterated mitts on him. Sissoko, despite an infuriating inconsistency, had a number of thunderbastard endeavours, before the rot set in, and of course despite hardly playing, Aarons still m managed to emerge as a genuine first team player. Cabbala’s star turn at Chelsea, also suggests McClaren might just be able to get something special out of him more often, and all players mentioned of course young.

• 124 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:58 AM

is the jeff/jib/jane character doing a Victor/Victoria or a Norman Bates?

• 125 jimmysmith // Jun 19, 2015 at 11:59 AM

…….and Jack Colback.

• 126 roblee7 // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:00 PM

Youcouldntmakeitup…haha!!

• 127 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:03 PM

TFL
    Was thinking more Caitlin Jenner

• 128 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:04 PM

jimmy that is an amazing word that I’ve never seen before but I like it Thunderbastard 🙂

• 129 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:05 PM

pmsl OFD :-p

• 130 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:09 PM

Jimmy/ TFL,
    How long until we are ” linked ” on news now with the elusive striker thunderbastard.?
    I mean it’s about as plausible as most of the stuff spinning around at the moment

• 131 optimistic prime // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:09 PM

Jack Colback the record breaking yellow card collecting waste of space.

• 132 optimistic prime // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:10 PM

If you wana local who’ll run round all day sign Brenadan Foster

• 133 Thump // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:11 PM

@Jib: Fair point

However , since AP was appointed NUFC manager Crystal Palace have had ;
    Neil Warnock (twice)
    Paul Hart
    George Burley
    Dougie Freedman
    Ian Holloway
    Tony Pulis

Why pray was he never tempted to jump ship on 8 previous occassions ?

…really?

Well, let’s take a wild shot in the dark at “because he wasn’t offered the job”, shall we?

Funny how this employer/employee thing works, isn’t it.

• 134 bettyswallocks // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:14 PM

My thoughts after Ashley’s speech, avoiding relegation and appointing McClaren were that we had to give fatty a chance to act on his words , wait and see what he spent and who comes in and then give McClaren a chance to put a team together.

Without holding out much hope for a big spending spree I decided to wait until September before becoming emotionally involved,

Checking this site from time to time to see who had been signed and having a bit of banter until September was the plan.

However I find myself obsessively looking on here every few hours and cursing the so called board for their procrastination.
    I know we have been neglected and disrespected as fans for years now and that this summer will define many things , but I’m sure other fan blogs are not as passionate and desperate for any snippets of info. like we are at this time of year.

What is it about this f****g club that it can become all consuming in our lives.

• 135 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:15 PM

Thump ,
    Looking at that list .. And we think we have suffered so worn guns..

• 136 jimmysmith // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:15 PM

“Thunderbastard ” is a word I’ve heard coined to describe a brutal strike at goal, and I confess, sadly not my own creation, but it seemed an apt description of Sissoko’s more formidable hard running games.

• 137 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:16 PM

Wrong uns

• 138 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:17 PM

Jimmy
    It could be the next bond movie

• 139 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:18 PM

Thunderbastard sounds like a Batman Villain

• 140 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:19 PM

OFD

YES! bond film is a better one.

• 141 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:21 PM

Thunderbastard the Geordie bond
    Shaken not storred. Marra
    Reet let’s sort oot the evil genius who lives at casa San james

Too many thoughts and no football can do this … I’ll get me coat

• 142 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:27 PM

OFD I’d pay to see that

• 143 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:27 PM

… and the bond girl should be called Donna Kebab

• 144 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:29 PM

Little excert someone put on bas dost’s wiki
    “In June 2015 Dost signed for the biggest club in the north east, Newcastle United. After signing Dost also confirmed ‘I have never seen a mackem in Wolfsburg’ –

• 145 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:29 PM

Hes gotta license to driiiink, and you know he’s heading straight for thhhhe batrrrr (license to driiiink)

• 146 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:30 PM

TFL

yeah i have seen that happen to a couple of potential targets of the years.

• 147 John Tudor // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:33 PM

i seen a wolf in makemsberger

• 148 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:34 PM

YCMIUP,
    BOOHHAHHHA ,
    Donna kebab. Love it.
    Just have this vision Geordie bond would look like Sid the sexist from viz

• 149 Tsunki // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:36 PM

No doubt the song for that will be…

“We have all
    The time
    In the world…
    Time enough to browse
    For a while
    And then miss out….”

• 150 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:37 PM

Besiktas want Cisse

• 151 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:37 PM

• 152 Tsunki // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:38 PM

Pity carvers left he was perfect for Odd Job

• 153 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:38 PM

Tsunki,
    Yes schteeeeve could sing that number from under his umbrella. Ella Ella Ella Ella

• 154 sing in the corner // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:39 PM

ha ha ha you’re on form today OFD / YCMIU

trust spunki pokat to brining back downg it crash

• 155 John Tudor // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:40 PM

or singing Down the drain

• 156 jimmysmith // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Some very nice passing Ed. We clearly needed another CB and finisher, but without doubt the season was derailed by injuries and the decision to let Pardew go and stick Carver in. And then Cisse’s suspension was very nearly the final nail in the coffin of a season that seemed determined to fail, one way or another. Still, the squad has some talent to build on.

• 157 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Mr Magpie
    We seem to be in agreement. But there are some flappy birds on here. They’re sitting on Ashley’s head, flapping and crapping, faster and heavier with every passing hour.

No one’s asking anyone to have confidence in the regime. The tea boy and the comedian’s dad are incompetent, but McClaren might make a difference. His seat is still warm at Derby – he’s only been here five minutes.

• 158 sing in the corner // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:40 PM

or bring it crashing back down. Now thats comic timing for you :}

• 159 Tsunki // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:41 PM

Thump you could have also added ” because he was their 8th choice, but our first”

• 160 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:41 PM

Charnley as doctor Evil lol

• 161 Toonfan8 // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:41 PM

Adil Rami from Milan, they let him go…He is the type of CB we are all looking for…agressive, good with ball

• 162 Tsunki // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Sitc – what?

• 163 Tsunki // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:43 PM

My name is Dost….Bas Dost….

• 164 sing in the corner // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:44 PM

Don’t ask me!! possibly a brain haemorrhage?

• 165 bettyswallocks // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:44 PM

Cisse wants away. Too much hassle with his ex ‘s.

• 166 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:45 PM

TFL,
    No prizes. For who will play fat bastard
    Oh hang on wrong movie.
    Sing in the corner ,
    Yep we are trying to pass the hours until we actually sign someone
    Could be. While

• 167 Tsunki // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:45 PM

TFL ha ha he could be awesome sitting in a swivel chair complete with monocle and white cat.

• 168 Tsunki // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:46 PM

Sitc I meant what’s with the name calling? Did I do something wrong?

• 169 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:46 PM

OFD u read my mind 😉
    Tsunki 🙂

• 170 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:48 PM

Aurely that lines up Schteve McClaren to play Goldmember lol

• 171 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:50 PM

TFL
    Horrible thoughts now of schteeeeve on roller-skates picking flakes of skin of himself.

• 172 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:52 PM

This movie would sadly be more real than ” goal”…. Santiago your up front .. Now if we beat Liverpool we are in the champions league…. As if

• 173 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:53 PM

Eugh OFD pmsl

• 174 John Tudor // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:54 PM

penfold = Q

• 175 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Schteeeve “My winkie is a key”

• 176 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:56 PM

tbf OFD Goal seems true to life sign a nobody make him into a talent and sell him on!!

• 177 Tsunki // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Just for Jeff who isn’t Jib in any way except for style, manner and volatility –

I am as patient as any fan who has seen the incompetence of the last 8 years as a decent barometer of how things will shape up in the future. For incompetence, proof is Ashley doing a camera spot then resigning from the board which he has had reshaped. Yes, I will wait for the transfer window to play out. Yes I will give the underwhelming coach appointment a good and fair amount of time. But no, I won’t trust Ashley not to balls it up again. No I don’t trust him to abandon his advertising revenue first policy. And no I won’t be going to a game or buying merchandise or even sky sports until I see tangible change.

Now, on to you. You are Jeff, as sure as feathers. Webbed feet and quacking indicate that a duck is present. You Google sad trivia to call out posters, you personalise your posts at every designed opportunity. You are prone to outbursts of telling nastiness. Jeff. Admit it and do one half decent thing or submit to being a coward.

• 178 optimistic prime // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:58 PM

So who’s Charnley?

Nomoneyspendy

• 179 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 12:59 PM

well said Tsunki

• 180 bettyswallocks // Jun 19, 2015 at 1:00 PM

Since Ashley’s speech, avoiding relegation and appointing McClaren I decided that Ashley needed to be allowed to act on his words. So I thought wait and see what he spends, who comes in and then at least give McClaren a chance to put a team together.

My plan was not to become too emotionally involved until next season and without holding out much hope for a big spending spree, I planned to come on here from time to time to catch up and have a bit of banter.

However I find myself looking on here and news now for any rumours of signings and inwardly cursing the so called board for their procrastination and realising that Ashley is as tight as a camels backside in a sandstorm almost obsessively.

I know that we as fans have been deprived of good football for years, disrespected and taken for granted and that this is a defining summer for many reasons.
    However I’m sure other fans are not as passionately desperate for any snippets of info. as we all are.

What is it about this club that makes it become so all consuming?

• 181 Moonraker15 // Jun 19, 2015 at 1:02 PM

Jeff
    You are entitled to express your opinion, as am I.

You are a tosser !

• 182 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 1:03 PM

TFL
    Yep
    Perez equals Santiago

John Tudor,
    Penfold could work but imagine Geordie bond asking where his special laser camera pen with built in grappling hook was …. ? “Oh sorry bond we made enquiries but couldn’t get that pen over the line anyway look just take this bucket for now …”

• 183 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 1:03 PM

Betty you are right but we have been called a “soap opera” for years now

• 184 Mister Tuff // Jun 19, 2015 at 1:05 PM

jib – another multiple who does not have the cojones to post under his original name.
    Probably because he realised everyone thought he was a knacker -true I suppose.
    He changes his name and still posts drivel and crap – and guess what – most think he is still a knacker.
    Jib -your change has not brought about a new posting era for you – you were a knacker and still are a knacker and will be a knacker in the future.
    What a knacker.

• 185 Mister Tuff // Jun 19, 2015 at 1:07 PM

—and I forgot to add the new blog pest.

• 186 one fine day // Jun 19, 2015 at 1:13 PM

Betty
    That sums things up for me .
    It’s like this club is as addictive as heroine but no one knows why definitively .
    And if so this blog is a kind of self help group for me .. A comfort to know I am not suffering alone. Toon fans anonymous if you will
    Maybe I should just log on the first Tuesday of every month 🙂

• 187 Moonraker15 // Jun 19, 2015 at 1:13 PM

Just heard a comment on Johnny Vaughan ‘ s show on talksport. Will Newcastle sign anyone ever?

We are even a joke on talksport now ffs.

That’s what comes of a regime constantly talking us down, including freaking Percy last season.

We are now in the bottom eight group and it’s gonna be difficult to attract anyone unless we pay higher wages! Which ain’t gonna happen!

KK once said we had created a “monster” and it had to be fed. Well I’m afraid the monster has starved to death !

I wish I didn’t care so much like the owner!

• 188 John Tudor // Jun 19, 2015 at 1:19 PM

fed like mushrooms at
    on yer bike fat cnut

• 189 optimistic prime // Jun 19, 2015 at 1:20 PM

If we’re having a movie day the master multiple Jeffrey could do a film all by himself, the Fantastic 4

Stretch Armstrong, most of what he says is a stretch of the imagination.

The invisible girl, nuff said about Jane

The thing, ye most see him as a thing from another planet.

The human torch, he’d need a new persona for this one as nothing he says is enlightening.

• 190 Mr Magpie // Jun 19, 2015 at 1:20 PM

Blackley

I think Mcclaren will make a difference & will set up the team in a much more attacking fashion in an attempt to actually win games.

I also think that he will improve & get a lot more out of the likes of Anita, Cabella etc. Derby last season until injuries took hold played some good attacking football & with better quality players at his disposal i am expecting a much better performance on the pitch.

Charnley got players over the line last summer & everybody thought maybe he can do the job but then failed abysmally in January possibly under instructions & then gave Carver the hc job which then makes you think actually no he can’t!! Add to this the long drawn out recruitment of the new hc position & subsequent hiring of coaches & Charnley is needing to provide some excellent signings to regain any faith that was initially shown in him in his role.

Carr is a tough one as we only got to see the players that arrived & were subsequently played out of position & asked to defend by Pardew.

These may have been his 1st choice players or maybe 2nd, 3rd or 4th picks from players he had scouted, this we will never know but what i do know is that M’biwa was a cb when scouted & signed, Gouffran was a striker when scouted & signed, Riviere was part of a front 3 when scouted & signed, Cabella was a no 10 when scouted & signed all these & others then got played in positions they were not playing when scouted…Hopefully this will now change!

• 191 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 19, 2015 at 1:22 PM

Newcastle to unveil German prospect Nein Kuntz as their first summer signing.

• 192 NezzaNUFC // Jun 19, 2015 at 1:38 PM

Someone type in ” fat cockney bastard ” in goggle, you will laugh

previous post: McClaren’s Backroom Staff Hiring Delayed – I Want The Best