The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Bid For England Winger Could Become Complicated

5:04 pm, Sunday, June 21st, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 173 Comments

Newcastle were interested in Tottenham forward Andros Townsend last summer,  but for whatever reason Newcastle couldn’t get him to St. James’ Park, and it’s not too surprising he is again a target of ours this summer.

andros townsend

Andros Townsend – 23 year-old Tottenham and England winger

Newcastle are finding it difficult to attract any of their targets to Newcastle this summer, and they are finding out it’s a lot more expensive to get English players onto Tyneside, than it is for players who play on the continent.

Of course it takes continental players longer at to adapt to the English game, as we’ve seen many times at Newcastle, and last season we saw that clearly with players like Remy Cabella and Manu Riviere.

The Chronicle is reporting today that next week is going to be a big week for Newcastle in the transfer market – which is much the same message we heard last Sunday.

But with pre-season training starting in less than two weeks, Newcastle must make a push to get some players into the club in the next couple of weeks.

Andros Townsend is a good player, and he has played 86 games with 10 goals for Spurs so far.

He’s also spent time on loan at a number of clubs like Ipswich. Milwall, Watford, Leeds United and Birmingham, and while on loan at 9 different clubs in total,  he’s made another 110 appearances with 11 goals.

Andros played for most of the England Youth sides and made his full debut for England  in October of 2013 against Montenegro, and he had a great game in the 4-1 win – making one goal and scoring a fantastic goal to be voted the Man of the Match.

He has since found it difficult to get caps for England, and currently has 9 caps with three goals.

Newcastle could find it difficult to sign Andros this summer for at least a couple of reasons.

He may not want to come to the north-east to play his football, and Newcastle could also balk at the fee Spurs put on the 23 year-old England International, who still has two years left on his contract at Spurs.

There’s news in the Mirror today that Spurs are willing to swap Andros along with another one of their wingers – Aaron Lennon – in part exchange for 21 year-old West Brom striker Saido Berahino , who is also  a target of Newcastle’s.

So if that deal goes through it would end the interest of Newcastle in the England winger.

Even if that deal doesn’t go though – it will still be difficult to bring Andros Townsend to Tyneside – and he would cost around £10M to get him on Tyneside.

What do you think?

Tags: Newcastle News · Recruitment · Scouting Network · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

173 responses so far ↓

• 1 TudorCrisps // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:07 PM

obertan with hair, next…

• 2 GeordieTwo // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:08 PM

I was absolutely convinced we would get Townsend lads……No really. With our master of low bids in control I just knew we would get him. Just like Charlie Austin. Relax lads, everything is under control with Lee and Mike at the helm.

• 3 Belfast // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:09 PM

The chronicle will be saying the same next week as well no doubt

• 4 GeordieTwo // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:09 PM

Who will our next exciting failed bid be for? Possibly Berahino? How much below the asking price will we go? I can hardly wait for the answer!

• 5 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:09 PM

He’d look good in a swansea shirt.
    Ha ha ha

• 6 optimistic prime // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:10 PM

Why are you pretending to be me, are you that sad and pathetic

Haha

• 7 Tsunki // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:10 PM

Lesh when I said bean counter I was talking about his coffee brewing skills. Easy mistake.

• 8 GeordieTwo // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:12 PM

“What is a crap side in any case? It’s a combination of poor ownership, clueless management, and poor, or demoralized players.” Keep up the good work Ashley and co.

• 9 Tsunki // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:13 PM

However the promo video has lifted my estimation of his intelligence no end.

• 10 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:13 PM

Mike Ashley is doing a sterling job keep it up big man 🙂

• 11 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:18 PM

Of course im sad an pathetic I went to burnham on sea for a holiday

• 12 lesh // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:18 PM

Tsunki

Bean counter Charnley? Nice one!

And it looks as though the Chron’s beginning to turn the screw on Lee ‘Mr Personality’ Charnley.

Try the quiz further down the Chron page – I managed seven…. Duh.

• 13 Belfast // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:19 PM

Rolf Harris would look good in a Swansea shirt.

• 14 sickandtired // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:21 PM

25 million ‘war chest’ is a joke if it proves to be correct. I imagine it may well be and that will be the net figure, inclusive of fees.
    Just how many of the players bandied around by the press do you think that miserly sum is going to get us?
    More cheap and cheerful ‘hopefuls’ on the way I suspect.

• 15 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:21 PM

Can you tell what it is yet?

• 16 Thump // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:23 PM

@sickandtired: I think that’s split between the two windows — at least I hope it is. Even then, like I said a few days ago, we never buy in January so what’s the point of keeping reserves back for it?

• 17 Belfast // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:24 PM

A didgeridoo

• 18 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:31 PM

Even Watford are doing better than us!
    Diego Perotti: Watford have £7m bid accepted by Genoa

• 19 Belfast // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:40 PM

That was a full force boot in the testicles for Guddeti.

• 20 Our Toon // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:44 PM

Harry Kane missed a sitter earlier, header from 3 yards out. I hope he scores but I stand by my comments of overrated!!

• 21 Ron Knee // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:47 PM

OT
    Poor free kick too.

• 22 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:58 PM

Geordies think that Neymar only has a father

• 23 geordie157 // Jun 21, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Aaron’s on the left and Townsend on the right would give us good wingers for the first time in years.

• 24 Pootle2118 // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:00 PM

Just wondering, after another flick through the last couple of posts, anyone else got a realistic starting XI and subs bench for August 8th?

• 25 Barton // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:02 PM

We got more chance of seeing Wayne Fereday back on the right wing than our club paying out that kind of fee for Townsend.

• 26 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:02 PM

I’m Jake the Peg, diddle-iddle-iddle-um
    With my extra leg, diddle-iddle-iddle-um
    Wherever I go through rain and snow
    The people always let me know
    There’s Jake the peg, diddle-iddle-iddle-um
    With his extra leg, diddle-iddle-iddleThe day that I born (oh boy) my father nearly diedHe couldn’t get my nappies on, how matter how he triedCause I was born with an extra leg, and since that day begunI had to learn to stand on my own three feetBelieve me that’s no fun

• 27 Our Toon // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:02 PM

Geordie

The only issue with Townsend is that he’s greedy player, worse than Arfa but with less ability. He will forever step inside and shoot….won’t be much service from him….hopefully it can be coached out of him though

• 28 Wandering Geordie // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:05 PM

And Watford have signed 3 players soon to be 4….same old story at the penny pinching Toon

• 29 Our Toon // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:06 PM

The funny thing is you’ll never find a geordie on another clubs site leaving comments, yet other fans of other clubs take a great interest in the toon. Some sad lonely people out there, I couldn’t think of anything worse than commenting on a club I have zero association with…..what a waste of time and waste of a day.

Constant claims of your teams shit as a justification to come n troll, well I agree we are shit…..you trolls must be the flies that love shit as you keep coming back for more!!

• 30 Thump // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:08 PM

@Wandering: Can’t blame the club for that, mate: we just can’t compete financially with the likes of Watford.

• 31 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:10 PM

Our Toon

I might be from swansea but i follow newcastle but that clown that calls himself welshies sheep I don’t think he does, he’s here trying to wind me up.

• 32 Pootle2118 // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:14 PM

Out toon

The way I see it is if supporters of other teams would rather spend time on our teams blog then that points to one of two things. 1. Their teams blog either doesn’t exist or is so poor they decided to visit a more entertaining one. 2. They are so fed up of their own team that they, like many others around the country, have decided to become involved with their “second team” in some way. That’s my opinion anyway

• 33 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:16 PM

How can yoi wind yourself up?

• 34 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:20 PM

I didn’t know it was against the law to follow 2 teams.

Ffs

• 35 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:22 PM

The mighty swans

• 36 Thump // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:24 PM

@welsh: Try and ignore them, mate. Trust me when I say that it’s just as annoying to us as it is to you,

• 37 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:28 PM

Cheers Thump.

• 38 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Palace won’t pay £15 mil for Austin either

• 39 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:31 PM

How many teams have Austin been linked with.

• 40 Our Toon // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Welsh geordie

It wasn’t directed at you mate, you can support as many teams as you like. This sheep character though makes me laugh, he/she is one of those morons who thinks they are funny but doesn’t realise that they are the joke!!

• 41 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:34 PM

Welsh I know some regard you as a wum but this character is plainly a knob, just ignore him.

Austin must’ve been linked to 10 teams at least

• 42 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Reguarding Austin, i wonder if ashley might just surprise us, you just never know with that lot.

• 43 beermonkey // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:40 PM

welsh

why when u talk to yourself does it always 2mins for you to reply to yourself you might want to vary it a little

• 44 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:41 PM

Best idea I’ve had yet, create an obnoxious version of me and then get people to feel sorry for me

• 45 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:41 PM

Every day that goes by its getting more annoying that nothing is happening.

• 46 Ron Knee // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Nice goal!

• 47 Moonraker15 // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Reading between the lines, Charnley will be gone by Christmas if he fcuks up again! Ashley’s given him and the 3 stooges their head and after last season if we haven’t invested wisely and got a decent team he’ll ship them out. I bet he’s got someone in mind to take over as a plan B; probably Lambias!

• 48 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Welshie’s Sheep

What are you on about you first class Muppet, I don’t want people feeling sorry for me, never have, never will.

• 49 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:45 PM

anyone watching U21 game was Lingard goal any good?

• 50 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:45 PM

beermonkey

You try having a stalker that’s a pain in the arse.

• 51 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:48 PM

beermonkey
    You try having a stalker thats a pain in the arse

• 52 Ron Knee // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:49 PM

TFL
    It was pretty good!

• 53 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:50 PM

good to hear Ron

• 54 Moonraker15 // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:50 PM

WelshGeordie9

Two teams! I don’t understand that! I love Real Madrid but I wouldn’t insult their fans by suggesting I’m a fan as I am with Newcastle!

• 55 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:52 PM

I get the two team thing I support Newcastle but I also follow Blackpool

• 56 Belfast // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:52 PM

Welshgeordie you should change your name to Welshie’s Sheep and troll Welshie’s Sheep.

Now that would be confusing.

• 57 Belfast // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Flip sake you could have picked a better team than Blackpool like their worse than us

• 58 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:55 PM

Lol Belfast followed for donkeys, we all have our guilty pleasures

• 59 Jail for Ashley // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:55 PM

welshgeordie9,
    Remember those persistent trolls that you would say good evening to every time they appeared, and said nice one ha ha to every insult they bandied around, the ones that made the blog impossible to use and them labelled me a grass for reporting them. Annoying isn’t it.

• 60 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:58 PM

JFA
    Get back under the bridge

• 61 Ron Knee // Jun 21, 2015 at 6:59 PM

TFL
    A masochist twice over!

• 62 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:00 PM

Newcastle and Blackpool have both had their good times

• 63 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:01 PM

but enough of Blackpool this is a Newcastle site and NUFC are my first love

• 64 JP...from The Rock // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:02 PM

This is becoming a joke now..WHERE IN THE HELL IS THE BACKROOM STAFF!??

• 65 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:02 PM

Jail for Ashley

The only thing that i find annoying is some Muppet to claim they are me, wouldnt you find it annoying if someone is trying to be like you on here and you have got to spend all the time defending yourself because of that Muppet.

• 66 Krul To Be Kind // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:03 PM

Welshie’s sheep

You are are just like white noise… you’re there in the background but easy to ignore.

Is there any chance you would just go away please?

You interrupt my reading pleasure!

• 67 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Belfast
    June 21, 2015

Now that would be confusing.

Don’t you start.

Ha ha ha

• 68 Jail for Ashley // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:04 PM

welshgeordie9,
    You’ve completely missed my point or chosen to ignore it.

• 69 Ron Knee // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:06 PM

JP
    If McClaren doesn’t get an assistant soon he should wash his hands of the whole mess.

• 70 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Moonraker15

How I’m insulting newcastle, yes they have been crap but then again so has swans, i support both clubs, yes i agree you should support your home town, but a lot of football fans have got a soft spot for another team, and mine is newcaslte.

• 71 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Jfa
    Did you make a point?
    You usually don’t
    Its normally just whinging

• 72 Jail for Ashley // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Ron Knee,
    I honestly don’t know how they will get away with it if they don’t spend, they simply have to. Although he didn’t promise anything in that interview people think he did. If they don’t do anything and Mclaren puts up with it, we’ve got another Pardew on our hands.
    Has there been a fans forum since those profits were announced.

• 73 Pootle2118 // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:14 PM

So is anyone else starting to get the feeling SM could do a Pulis and walk out before the big ko because he’s sick of being dicked around by the board?

• 74 Pootle2118 // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:15 PM

Saying that, it would be a touch ironic as SM is on the board himself!

• 75 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:16 PM

Jail for Ashley

I know what you are saying, but what I’m trying to say is that out off all things that have happened on this blog I think someone pretending to be you, trying to make you look stupid and also trying to convince other people on here that welshgeordie and welshies sheep is one person that’s got to be the most annoying thing on here.

• 76 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:17 PM

Why would Newcastle want Turnip Townsend? First, he’s a light weight, an inconsistent one at that. Second, Spurs would want big money for him. Third, why would Spurs sell one of their players to us if he was any good? If he’s any good, he’s not coming to us. If he’s not any good, we don’t want him. Bizarre article.

• 77 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:22 PM

Welsh
    If the Swans are your first team, why don’t you spend most of your blog allowance on their sites. Is the craic better here? You get dog’s abuse here so I can’t imagine it is. So what’s the gig?

• 78 Sazzer // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:22 PM

ToonFromLeeds
    It was great goal. Overall though not a lot in this game to write home about everybody was as good or bad as anybody else.

• 79 Ron Knee // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:23 PM

jail
    I agree that Charmless has to be seen to be doing something after Fatso’s PR effort. By not appointing an assistant smacks of incompetence, and worse, bad faith.

• 80 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:28 PM

77Blackley and Brownlie

I find it more entertaining on this blog.

• 81 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:30 PM

The tea boy has done something. He’s got rid of the cones guy. He’s incurred substantial compensation that a good few claimed he would never do. He’s got a new head coach in, and left spaces for him to appoint his own men. McClaren is taking a little longer than anticipated to fill those vacancies. The time for alarm bells to ring is after another two to three weeks.

• 82 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:31 PM

Welshmen don’t have a great sense of humour and you don’t get much convo out of a sheep

• 83 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:33 PM

Welsh
    I can understand you coming on other blogs, but surely you would mainly contribute to a Swans blog. Which Swans blog do you post on?

• 84 Jail for Ashley // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:34 PM

welshgeordie9,
    The guy does a very good impression of you and your inane comments, yet you thinks he sounds like a muppet. Interesting!

• 85 Ron Knee // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:34 PM

Blackley
    It’s taking “a little longer than anticipated” because Charnley won’t pay the going rate.

• 86 Toon Tang // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:37 PM

‘complicated’ meaning it isn’t going to ever happen… ever??

• 87 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Ron Knee
    I don’t buy that. SM now has a good deal of clout. More than Pards ever had. He will want his choice. They will be his men not the tea boy’s. The tea boy knows that he’s got to get men in who SM wants. He will also know the going rate. The tea boy can’t just pick guys of his choice and so needs SM’s cooperation. If SM’s not happy, he could easily blow the whole shooting match out of the water. They all need to get on for it to work.

• 88 Pootle2118 // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:43 PM

I see that Javier Hernandez is a person of interest to Atletico Madrid and Inter Milan as well as a “host of European clubs” according to Sky Sports

• 89 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Jail for Ashley

I’ve been calling him that for repeating what i say.

• 90 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:47 PM

Jail for Ashley

I’ve been calling him that for repeating what i say.

• 91 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:48 PM

The Aussies have knocked out Brazil in the Womens World Cup

• 92 dexter53 // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:55 PM

There are 2 things that really annoy me on this blog. The first is how long it takes to post due to these f***ing pop ups. Ed,your acceptance of the kings shilling will be the downfall of the blog. Secondly that irritating welsh troll no life. By the way i have had 5 pop ups while writing this post.

• 93 Jib // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:55 PM

We did enquire about Mitrovic along with Everton but it looks like he’s chosen Benfica

• 94 mickalfas // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:57 PM

Don’t worry lads,tomorrow’s the beginning of a new dawn
    The back room staff will arrive
    A couple of new signings to excite us ,and hopefully some deadwood removed
    Tomorrow hope will be restored ,its the start of great things
    The Messiah will deliver

Lol

• 95 Pootle2118 // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:57 PM

How are the meetings about transfer targets going to work? Carr goes off to scout around for a few diamonds in the rough, he then takes this list to McClaren and then carries on into the boardroom. Meanwhile, SM has a look at these players, makes his own judgements and decides who on the list he wants to target. He then goes into the boardroom and sits in a chair at the table directly across from the 3 other members, GC LC and BM. He hands them the list, putting his point across about the merits of the players. Then he must stand up, walk round the table and sit in the empty seat next to the 3 and then either start pulling the list to bits or discussing whether the targets are a viable possibility for the club. Or is it that SM and GC are saying yes, yes to the players on the list and LC and BM are saying no, no to the list leaving the vote tied. This then means the FCW has to step in and make the final decision.
    It’s starting to look like same sh1t different transfer window!

• 96 Barton // Jun 21, 2015 at 7:59 PM

Stop those annoying ads/popups

• 97 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:01 PM

Ron…are you just starting to think Charmless is incompetent now?

• 98 Jib // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:02 PM

Looks like Spiderman has won a contract at Velez Sarsfeld back in Argentina.
    Well done and good luck Jonas

• 99 Pootle2118 // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:05 PM

welshgeordie

I’ve just read that Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium is favourite to host the CL final in 2017. Just wondering what your feelings towards that are, proud as it’s in Wales or a bit brassed off that it’s Cardiff?

• 100 Graeme // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:05 PM

Jib – hopefully Jonas gets a good offeer – he deserves nothing less.

• 101 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:11 PM

Pootle2118

I don’t care to be honest mate, they might have the bragging rights for this and that but at the end of the day swans have the best one of them all and thats we are in the premiership and they are not.

• 102 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:13 PM

Ron…his running of the club the past 6 month are what you could describe as negligence!

• 103 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:13 PM

It’ll be good for Swansea to be on the champions league final in cardiff in 2017 🙂

• 104 mickalfas // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:18 PM

Jib
    Great news ,and good luck to him ,didn’t deserve the treatment he got off the fcuking scumbags running this circus
    They need to learn a little humanity !!

• 105 Pootle2118 // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:23 PM

welsh @101

Fair point well made mate.

• 106 musomag // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:23 PM

I agree with Jail..

ASHLEY OUT

• 107 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Welshie’s Sheep

Do me a favour, sit down and keep your brains warm.

• 108 Jib // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:26 PM

mickalfas
    By the way the currency in Bolivia is Bolivianos not Pesos

Ha ha ha

• 109 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:27 PM

You’ve always been good with commands sit, beg, stand still

• 110 optimistic prime // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:28 PM

Welshies sheep is like a dog with a bone, strange fellow

• 111 optimistic prime // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:29 PM

Keep what you two do in the bedroom to yourselves, there’s kids read this

• 112 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:30 PM

Welsh
    So which swans blog do you post on and under what name?

• 113 Pootle2118 // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:31 PM

Welshgeordie

Don’t sell yourselves short, not only are you in the PL but you’re doing quite well in it. Consolidated, steadily improved and a cup win all in the last 4 years. Not too shabby a record that mate

• 114 mickalfas // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:31 PM

Jib
    Thanks for info,good to know ,future quiz question ?
    Cheers

• 115 Blackstarbullet // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:37 PM

The way Ashley runs the club means we will be looking at bargin basement in League 2 and Conference.
    Most players of quality will be signed up soon and we will once again be looking at over priced mediocrity form France.

• 116 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:37 PM

Optimistic Prime

Its usually in a field not a bedroom

• 117 Barton // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:45 PM

Apparantly Rickie Lambert the latest to be linked with us,i sh$t you not,who comes up with this garbage ? lol

• 118 clinath@ed // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:48 PM

In fairness, they way the Pool are buying up forwards, Lambert has got to be thinking of getting away.

• 119 optimistic prime // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:49 PM

A night on the sheep dip under the stars, quite a romantic fellow.

• 120 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:49 PM

Pavel doing his best to help us

• 121 jazzyp // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:50 PM

Aston Villa

Defender Micah Richards on a free transfer from Manchester City; Midfielder Scott Sinclair from Manchester City for a fee of 3.5m.

Bournemouth

Australian goalkeeper Adam Federici on a free transfer from Reading; Polish goalkeeper Artur Boruc on a free transfer from Southampton; Ghanaian midfielder Christian Atsu on loan from Chelsea; Norwegian forward Joshua King on a free transfer from Blackburn Rovers.
    € 7.5m
    Chelsea

Romanian defender Cristian Manea from Viitorul for a fee of 3m; Brazilian midfielder Nathan from Atletico Paranaense for a fee of 4.5m.

Everton

Midfielder Tom Cleverley on a free transfer from Manchester United.

Leicester

Austrian defender Christian Fuchs on a free transfer from Schalke.
    € 4.9m
    Liverpool

Defender Joe Gomez from Charlton Athletic for a fee of 4.9m; Hungarian goalkeeper Adam Bogdan on a free transfer from Bolton Wanderers; Forward Danny Ings on a free transfer from Burnley; Midfielder James Milner on a free transfer from Manchester City.
    € 27.5m
    Manchester United

Dutch midfielder Memphis Depay from PSV Eindhoven for a fee of 27.5m.

Norwich City

Scottish midfielder Graham Dorrans from West Bromwich Albion.
    € 13.5m
    Southampton

Portuguese defender Cedric Soares from Sporting Lisbon for a fee of 6.5m; Spanish forward Juanmi from Malaga for a fee of 7m.
    € 12.6m
    Stoke City

Spanish forward Joselu from Hannover for a fee of 8.2m; Danish goalkeeper Jakob Haugaard from Midtjylland for a fee of 0.6m; German defender Philipp Wollscheid from Bayer Leverkusen for a fee of 3.8m.
    € 10.5m
    Sunderland

Argentinean midfielder Ricardo Alvarez from Inter Milan for a fee of 10.5m.
    € 4.9m
    Swansea City

French midfielder Franck Tabanou from Saint-Etienne for a fee of 4.9m; Ghanaian forward Andre Ayew on a free transfer from Marseille.
    € 11.9m
    Tottenham

Defender Kieran Trippier from Burnley for a fee of 4.9m; Austrian defender Kevin Wimmer from Koln for a fee of 7m.

Watford

Lithuanian goalkeeper Giedrius Arlauskis on a free transfer from Steaua Bucharest; Austrian defender Sebastian Prodl on a free transfer from Werder Bremen.

West Ham

Norwegian forward Martin Samuelsen on a free transfer from Manchester City; Spanish midfielder Pedro Obiang from Sampdoria; Irish goalkeeper Darren Randolph on a free transfer from Birmingham City.

Don’t know why but I think this could be the week we finally break in to the transfer market.
    There is no way we can go into the new season with the squad we have…Everyone knows that so surely the sanctions are gonna be made sooner rather than later

• 122 mickalfas // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:50 PM

Lambert’s agent no doubt,too old
    Next !

• 123 Graeme // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:51 PM

Chickens coming home to roost eh!!

• 124 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 21, 2015 at 8:52 PM

Ricky Lambert. It’s a name that crossed my mind the other day as the sort of player our lot would go for. Obviously, someone else was having similar musings and thought it would make good copy.

• 125 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:00 PM

sounds like us go for Austin get Lambert

• 126 musomag // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:01 PM

Total balls. Lambert is another dream I’m afraid

• 127 jazzyp // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:06 PM

Or west ham get Austin and we get Carroll

• 128 Jib // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:10 PM

Italian press is full of Balotelli signing for Turkish side Besiktas.
    He’s only 24 ffs what a waste.
    20 goals in 60 games for Inter before he was 20
    What went wrong ?
    With the right coach (SM) and Steve Black chewing his lug off , just maybe , who knows ?

• 129 mickalfas // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:13 PM

Yeah does sound like us 50,000 fans,£130,000,000 turnover and want somebody’s cast offs on loan for a season
    What are they playing at ,we’re well and truly in the twilight zone now !

• 130 Belfast // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:13 PM

Barton

Twitter Frauds

The opening of the transfer window offers an invitation for those who claim to have the inside track on the top transfers to spin their notions on twitter.

Dozens of accounts with the word “transfer” or “agent” in the title litter the social media landscape, with most of them students spinning made up yarns to attract attention.

The thing is any twitter account linking Manchester united with a move for Cristiano Ronaldo instantly attracts thousands of gullible followers and the madness doesn’t stop there.

Some companies are paying these people who have built up massive twitter fan bases to send out messages promoting their brands, but their are several tell tale signs that these accounts are to be treated with distain.

Firstly none of these “experts” work in the serious soccer media and secondly, most tend to post their transfer “exclusives” after 4pm when they get out of school.

Say no more.

• 131 jazzyp // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:14 PM

Jib
    No way man on Balotelli. He’s been a pile of Sh@t for Liverpool.
    I would say Citeh and Milan have better coaches than our current set up and could not get anything out of him, so I don’t see him being a success. As well as the problem of him still being valued at around the Austin figure.
    Never gonna happen mate

• 132 overtheline // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:22 PM

The good thing about the Toon is that we have been linked with over 100 players already and yet have signed nobody. A 0% record even though we’ll need about 6 players between development squad and first team.

At least every ITK is running on empty just as much as Ed is.

• 133 Jib // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:24 PM

jazzyp
    I know you are right.
    Such a waste
    Hard to get annoyed with Mario though , apparently he sends a huge chunk of his wages to voarious African charities

• 134 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:24 PM

scraping the barrel with Lambert though

• 135 Barton // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:26 PM

@130

dont do twitter or faceache m8,and i take with a pinch of salt wat i see on blogs,i was jst commenting on this,thats all,

• 136 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:26 PM

Mighty mighty swans we love you

• 137 jazzyp // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:26 PM

Jib

Yeah I heard that to. Pity he doesn’t show the same passion on the pitch as what he does to the charities he showers in money

• 138 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:33 PM

Lambert no thanks, Carroll over him any day.

• 139 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:34 PM

In fact bring him back along with cabaye, ba and ben arfa.

• 140 jazzyp // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:36 PM

Mike Williamson, he is the exact opposite of Coloccini. Williamson is a very poor and just downright pathetic defender. He has absolutely no skill, no class and it just looks as though he simply doesn’t try when he is playing.

Since joining from Portsmouth, Williamson has been consistently poor. However, he did start to gain the trust and approval from the Newcastle fans in the 2013/14 season as his performances dramatically improved, but in this past season, that came to a shuddering halt.

From the very start of the season, all the way to the end, he was a liability. There is no other way to put it. Every time the ball nears him on the pitch, there is a gasp around the stadium and then a sigh of relief if he actually manages to deal with it.

It is definitely time for Williamson to move on, his reputation is pretty terrible already so there’s no point trying to preserve it. The fans don’t like him and the Premier League is beyond him, simple as.

I think that’s a pretty fair reflection on how we perceive Willo don’t you guy’s. Another player would be Gouffran who offers nothing to the team !!

• 141 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:37 PM

We love ba 🙂

• 142 mickalfas // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:40 PM

Welsh
    Cisse when fully fit is better than both of them
    Buy better not worse ffs, need a 20 a season man plus Cisse and Perez

• 143 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:45 PM

mickalfas

To be honest Cisse have only had one good season, yes he’s had injuries but spitting and elbowing didn’t help him either, we had a good season when it was him ba and ben arfa.

• 144 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:47 PM

I wonder if mcclaren quits newcastle before the season starts, that must a first surely, another record broken if it happens.

• 145 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:48 PM

Welsh
    I reckon if he’s not backed he will walk

• 146 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:50 PM

Mcclaren is always welcome in Swansea

• 147 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:56 PM

Ffs do you ever shut up.

• 148 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 9:57 PM

Ask your other hand

• 149 mickalfas // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:02 PM

Tfl
    If he walks they’ll be chaos first game,can’t believe they won’t give him some players ,can you imagine the protests
    Ashley OUT !!

• 150 scout // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:04 PM

Are you lot serious about mcclaren walking haha. Mental

• 151 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:07 PM

Newcastle back to 15/8 to sign Austin

• 152 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:07 PM

scout

You never know mate, anything can happen.

• 153 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:07 PM

mickalfas
    It will be hell on earth if he does walk

• 154 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:07 PM

Welsh
    Why are you avoiding my questions?

• 155 WWSBRD // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:09 PM

So from no chance of signing Austin to being the only club still after him within a weekend? Journalism is a pretty easy job isnt it

• 156 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:09 PM

Like i said last night we have got more chance in signing Stone Cold Steve Austin.

• 157 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:10 PM

Blackley and Brownlie

What questions.

• 158 lesh // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:11 PM

Welshy boyo

Swansea’s reported ready to sign Lamb-ert!

• 159 scout // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:12 PM

No chance hes leaving. Why would he he’s on the board. He would probably keep them up with one centre half and one striker.

• 160 mickalfas // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:12 PM

I firmly believe that if nothing happens this week ,the fat fuhrer will intervene
    He wants to go to a few games ,and he couldn’t take the abuse
    Unless he has had a quick peek on here to get a general feeling towards him so he’s developed a fcuking thick skin !!

• 161 scout // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Hopefully see Austin and Dunk sign next week.

• 162 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:14 PM

Oh Lambert he’d look good in…. my field

• 163 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:16 PM

lesh

Thanks for telling me that I will sleep a lot better tonight now.

• 164 lesh // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:17 PM

Unless he has to pay a penalty if he does, don’t be surprised if he does walk.

He’s walked into a Club whose owner made unprecedented promises a few weeks ago and it seems that he can’t even recruit the backroom staff he wants because somebody won’t offer a decent salary.

In his sures, I’d feel just a tad disillusioned if the Board won’t provide backing in his first few days.

Don’t be surprised.

• 165 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:19 PM

Welsh
    What Swans blog do you mainly visit and what name do you use? How often do you visit it?

• 166 Welshie's Sheep // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:21 PM

Q: Why did god invent alcohol?
    A: So Swansea City fans can get laid too.

• 167 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:21 PM

Lesh
    Where do you get the information that they won’t pay?

• 168 WWSBRD // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:22 PM

scout
    Fingers crossed
    Though as many have pointed out we wont be bringing anyone in until we have shifted a few out

• 169 mickalfas // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:24 PM

Lesh
    Good point ,I always thought that they came as a package ,the fact they won’t pay for who he wants is a tad worrying
    Derby pay more ffs,if its to be believed

• 170 welshgeordie9 // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:27 PM

Blackley and Brownlie

I don’t use the swans blog, the layout is not as good as the newcastle blog.

• 171 Sazzer // Jun 21, 2015 at 10:36 PM

jazzyp
    Looks alright so far in terms of other clubs transfers. A lot players in there that are not so much better than what those teams already have got, or will lose.

• 172 KevinLee // Jun 22, 2015 at 12:40 AM

Not Complicated at all, no money no talk

• 173 andrewsneill // Jun 22, 2015 at 10:35 AM

STOP BIDDING FOR MEDIOCRE PLAYERS!!! I don’t know what our transfer budget is but the odds of it being huge enough that we can buy the players we desperately need in as well as topping up our plethora of average squad players is non-existent. Get bids in for players like Austin first.

previous post: Newcastle Miss Out On Two More Targets