Newcastle In For Powerful Wolfsburg Center-Back

The Chronicle is reporting that Newcastle are looking at a move for Wolfsburg’s 23 year-old 6’3″ center-back Robin Knoche,  who played 41 times with two goals in the German club’s very successful season, when they finished runner-up in the Bundesliga to Bayern Munich.

Robin Knoche +U21+England+v+U21+Germany+International+lkS36F3C1_Ol

Robin Knoche – 23 year-old German U21 International

The two most important positions for Newcastle to strengthen in the summer are striker and center-back,  and this lad is the right age, and is a powerful tall defender.

The Chronicle suggests that Newcastle are looking at making a move for the 9 times capped German U21 International,  who joined Wolfsburg back in 2005 when he was 13 years old.

The 6ft 3ins center back has come up through the ranks at Wolfsburg, and now McClaren could make a move on one of his former clubs to sign the German defender.

Robin came through the ranks at Wolfsburg, and has played 92 times for the first team with two goals, and he is currently in the Czech Republic representing Germany in the European U21 Championships.

He played the whole game in Germany’s opening 1-1 draw with Serbia on Wednesday,  and was on the bench in their 3-0 win against Denmark on Saturday.

Having only turned 23 last month he has plenty of time to improve, and he could go straight into Newcastle’s first team next season, if we can get him in.

He would cost maybe around £6M, but the Chronicle are reporting he did not have a good season last term, and that’s causing doubts with some of the Newcastle Board.

One thing Newcastle could try to do is to bring the lad in on loan for a season, and see how he does before signing him potentially next summer.

But that’s always dangerous in case he plays really well and bigger clubs could come after him.

It seems Newcastle are looking at the Bundesliga this summer with striker Bas Dost of Wolfsburg seemingly a top target, and 6’4″ tall Schalke center-back Joel Matip also interesting Newcastle.

What do you think?

• optimistic prime

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:20 AM

Loans ed?

Howay lad

• optimistic prime

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:22 AM

I’d say CB is the most important position to get at least one quality proven player in. Defence has been a shambles for years.

• optimistic prime

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:23 AM

A organiser a talker a leader on the pitch

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:25 AM

We need two blood and thunder cb’s

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:33 AM

Nothing wrong with signing a German League defender the one Stoke had has been excellent Huth is a beast and Mertesacker is great on his day

I would say sign Matip and this boy and then go for a left back like say Mings to challenge Haidara

Lewis Dunk from Brighton is a good shout for defence as well

Our team could score goals and probably play better if they knew they had 2 beasts at the back

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:36 AM

Well said LCBP plus we need a beast of a dm

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:41 AM

@ToonFromLeeds

Yeah I just feel for so long we have been bullied every time we get on the pitch the season we came 5th we had Ba , Tiote , Simpson , Perch , Best and Guthrie who all got stuck in and made life difficult for the other team we need to be physical in this league as well as technical

• Offkey

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:42 AM

Toonfromleeds – Please can you clarify this thing with Nufcdigest for me. Are you still proclaiming that you have no link to it?

Nufcdigest’s first post was on the 25th May. On the same day you start posting links to it on this blog but seemingly have never been on this site posting before.

Strangely, you are from Leeds as per the writer of that blog. When I call you out on this there was a change to the site (on the same day or day after I think) whereby the ‘about us’ page was changed from being produced by one person (Rob Vollans) to say it was a collective of 5 people involved in producing that blog. A day later this was changed again back to the single person.

A good amount of hits to that site clearly have come through those accessing this site and clicking on the links you provide (apparently people can make money off page hits).

There have been those before who have done this, Mecannylad and Ruddy the main two to my recollection, however they admitted there links and were shot down harshly, by many on the blog for this.

You on the other hand dont get the grief they got because you claim there is no link……..yet anyone with a modicum of common sense can see this link.

I just dont like liars and whilst the site is decent, it is very sly what you are doing on Eds site……and it is simply not right in my opinion.

Now fella, come on and be honest here……otherwise your as bad as the multiples with your deceit.

However, you do contribute well to this blog (much more than me) and come across pretty ‘normal’ apart from the above. Can you not just admit your link, keep your name in blue to link to the site (as many on here like it) and make a comment on the story stating that they can read more by clicking on your name……..

• Offkey

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:47 AM

I should add that someone did also point out the change in colours/symbol shown next to your name on the mobile site, As if there was more than one ToonfromLeeds posting links up.

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:48 AM

KRUL
    Janmaat (C) Matip Abednnour Rose
    Wijnaldum Hadzic Cabaye
    Townsend Dost Aarons

Subs: Darlow, Knoche, Colback, Krejci, Anita, Cisse, Mitrovic

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:52 AM

Offkey I have actually been on this site for 3/4 years.
    I can say hand on heart that I have nothing to do with the site in question and the reason my colour change was because Ed moderated me, I have had conversations with Ed via email to clarify the situation

• Laurent Robert 32

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:54 AM

There’s been robin at the club for years under Ashley.

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:55 AM

It is one of 3 blogs I follow along with this one and the mag, although I don’t follow the mag much anymore because it’s getting poor

• Offkey

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:01 AM

Please forgive my disbeleif. However, as I said, you do contribute well and seem pretty sane so I will leave the subject well alone now.

I wish you well with your blog 😉 sorry, I just couldn’t help it.

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:04 AM

Offkey I can completely understand your logic but for one thing my name is Steve.
    Honestly I wouldn’t have a clue how to start one.
    I do love the banter on here.
    Respect to you for your beliefs 🙂

• Offkey

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:10 AM

Cheers Steve, I am now only a surname and N.I number away from my new identity.

As for the team at post 10 – whilst it is brilliant, I would only expect to see those names on a team sheet for NUFC if under the influence of psilocybin……….as if I had been searching the fields of Otley prior to Autumn.

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:13 AM

haha offkey

Well I can dream lol, with the mention of Otley you sound like you are local to me!

• Offkey

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:21 AM

I was at the Law school there. Also lived in Wakefield awhile as well. Gotta love West Yorkshire………my missus is from there……yes, surprisingly I managed to get one of those even with my lack of social skills 🙂

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:29 AM

Haha, I lived in Somerset before my accident, I now live back in Leeds with my mum and dad.
    Fair do’s to you mate, glad us Loiners came in use to you hahaha 🙂

• Offkey

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:35 AM

Useful is not a word I would associate with my Missus! anyway, have a good night, I think I will walk the dog before bed. Sorry to hear about an accident you had forcing you to move back up, hope it wasn’t a bad one but if so, I truly hope you’re on the road to recovery.

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:37 AM

Spinal injuries and trouble with my organs, bad car accident. anyway thanks for the chat. night mate

• Offkey

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:39 AM

Sorry to hear that mate and apologies for the ‘road to recovery’ comment, doesn’t seem as apt now.

• Honoured2BNUFC

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:45 AM

Will only believe all this constant links with players when I actually see them holding the shirt for pictures. Until then, its all bogus ed.

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:45 AM

not to worry mate, You have renewed my faith with some users on here some just seem to come on here to wind people up.

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:46 AM

Honoured that is something I look forward to (Hopefully)

• Honoured2BNUFC

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:52 AM

Well I’ve Google’s this kid and he’s got all the attributes, and if the praise is anything to go by. (not actually seen the no play) his value will only rise. Under our regime this may be the only opportunity for the lad.

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:54 AM

Sounds about right Honoured, buy a prospect he becomes good and we flog him!

• Honoured2BNUFC

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:56 AM

Sorry spelling is terrible got a cracked screen and it’s tricky getting it right! So my apologies.

• Honoured2BNUFC

Jun 21, 2015 at 2:01 AM

Something needs changing though, without additions we could have Jose and we’d still go down, there’s no competition no challenge. Every year I’m less and less honoured and more and more despondent.

Jun 21, 2015 at 2:05 AM

Well hopefully things will start moving soon, it’s the fans forum on 6th July, I can’t see them wanting to face an angry mob

• Lindisfarne

Jun 21, 2015 at 2:28 AM

CHEAPSKATE PROPOGANDA

• Lindisfarne

Jun 21, 2015 at 2:30 AM

Offkey

Hence why she is from West Yorkshire!!!!

• Lindisfarne

Jun 21, 2015 at 2:39 AM

De ja vue?

“I want my team in by next week”

• Chris

Jun 21, 2015 at 4:21 AM

“The Chronicle is reporting that Newcastle are looking at a move for Wolfsburg’s 23 year-old 6’3? center-back Robin Knoche”

From what I can see, the Chronicle WAS reporting this about 12 hours ago but they’ve since pulled the story.

I found a link which should have taken me to the relevant article, but got this error message:

“Sorry…
    We can’t find the page:

The file could not be found for a number of reasons such as the file being moved or deleted. Please check your spelling and if you still can’t get to the right page try either using the Search Box below or heading to the homepage for a look around. ”

I tried using the search box and typed in “Robin Knoche” but the most recent result that came up was an article from way back in November titled “Ten centre-backs Newcastle United can target in the January transfer window”

All very strange – I wonder why they’ve removed the latest article?

• ilovetoon8788

Jun 21, 2015 at 5:12 AM

11 days more for pre-season.

backroom staffs not sorted.
    no immenint signings.
    all targets have either signed for another club or preference lies elsewhere.

only at newcastle.

• lesh

Jun 21, 2015 at 5:46 AM

Offkey

So what if Tfl has some relationship with the Digest site?

Tfl does post links to it and in my view, they make a pleasant distraction from the niggling inter-poster arguments and sniping that’s broken out of late. Are they the product of there being no real signs of Ashley delivering on his public promises?

The Digest site’s the least of my concerns about Newcastle United’s direction and I hope to see evidence of ambition soon. We’ve got McClaren in now and needs his backroom staff as well as new players maybe poster’s be able to add pressure onto Ashley so he understands that fans want to actually see some quality recruitment rather than Charnley faffing on to no avail.

• OneAlanShearer

Jun 21, 2015 at 6:12 AM

In my humble opinion the links add to this site. They are just as unbelievable in content at times but an interesting distraction from the usual deafening slience from the club and lack of any signings. Does this site not get info from other sources itself after all?

• expatmag

Jun 21, 2015 at 6:43 AM

Lesh

Too true about the childish antics on here. They have been getting worse since that old fart Blackley turned up on here.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jun 21, 2015 at 7:11 AM

I think Offkey’s point is we just want openness and transparency!

…no more leading fellow bloggers astray!

• jazzyp

Jun 21, 2015 at 7:19 AM

Nothing changes, that’s why the likes of torqtoon left cos of the gang mentality at times on here