The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Newcatle Put In £12M Bid For Monaco Center-Back

6:42 pm, Thursday, June 25th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 200 Comments

There are reports in France coming from Foot Mercato that Newcastle have made a £12M bid for top Monaco center-back Aymen Abdennour, but Newcastle were reported to have approached his agent back in April and were turned away at that time, saying they were not interested.

Well at least that was the report.

Aymen Abdennour

Aymen Abdennour – 25 year-old 6’2″ Monaco center-back

The other thing that seems strange about this bid is that the player himself has made it clear he would only join a club that plays in the Champions League if he were to leave Monaco, which seems reasonable for the 33 times capped Tunisian International.

He’s only been at Monaco 18 months, and in January 2014, Abdennour joined Monaco from Toulouse on a loan deal, and last summer signed a four-year deal with Monaco, which was extended a year earlier this year.

There are a number of top clubs trailing the impressive player, who had a great season at Monaco last year.

His agents are Henry Hennig Sports and in late May and one of their reps had this to say about the clubs interested in him:

“There are clubs like Valencia, Newcastle, Tottenham, Inter Milan and Wolfsburg who have been calling. Yes we have concrete proposals from these clubs.”

“They are really very interested in Aymen. They are looking to find out for how much? How? And this isn’t finished in my view.”

“Bayern Munich has a big interest in him. Even the great Barca have an eye on Abdennour.”  “With their recruitment ban, they will play the recruits until January. Abdennour really fits into their plans for the future.”

“Even Juventus has a huge interest in a player like him. Suddenly, the other Italian clubs also grow their interest.”

That was a good attempt to start a bidding war for their client.

We don’t think Newcastle have any chance of signing this player – even though he would be a great signing – because bigger clubs than Newcastle are very interested in signing him.

That’s if he should leave Monaco – who finished in 3rd place in the French league last year, behind Lyon and Champions PSG.

So if he stays at Monaco he will have Champions League football next season, but it’s interesting, if this report is true, that Newcastle may be the first club to put in a bid.

There’s nothing wrong with that.

What do you think?

Tags: Newcastle News · Premier League · Recruitment · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

200 responses so far ↓

• 1 croftus5678 // Jun 25, 2015 at 6:45 PM

this is a cb !

what we imo should be going for !…..we have no hope mind you but if you dont try you dont get i suppose 😉

• 2 Graeme // Jun 25, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Do you think the would accept Willo plus, say, £5 million??

• 3 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 6:49 PM

Croftus
    I agree whole heartedly, just the kind cb we need

• 4 the white tino // Jun 25, 2015 at 6:51 PM

Off to see ac/dc in Glasgow this weekend will try and have a word with Brian Johnson see if he can get a consortium together to buy the fat slug out HWTF / HWTL

• 5 GeordieTwo // Jun 25, 2015 at 6:53 PM

Right then, we’ve nearly got Ian Catheter in. Who’s next?

• 6 optimistic prime // Jun 25, 2015 at 6:55 PM

G2

Don’t take the pi55

• 7 will die for the toon army // Jun 25, 2015 at 6:55 PM

I dont he will come. He wants a big club. Inler Grenier Lazzatte kind of player. Wont risk coming to us.

• 8 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 6:56 PM

G2
    Ian Catheter doesn’t he take the piss?

• 9 GeordieTwo // Jun 25, 2015 at 6:56 PM

I hear Pilkington PillPoppers are going belly up. They must have other decent players. Minge was an absolute steal. They’re more in our price range and they don’t chuckle and guffaw when we approach them. How rude!!!

• 10 GeordieTwo // Jun 25, 2015 at 6:57 PM

You lot are taking the piss! Harrumph.

• 11 GeordieTwo // Jun 25, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Let’s give Catheter a chance! We were more than fair with Percy and his gang of idiots. Welcome Ian!!!

• 12 mickalfas // Jun 25, 2015 at 6:59 PM

Graeme
    Possibly Willo plus £15m !!

• 13 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:00 PM

mickalfas
    failing that can they just take willow?

• 14 lochinvar // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:01 PM

Fidel Cathro!
    Long live the revolution.
    Get him into a beret and the poster and merchandising opportunities are endless . Will make Cabella and the French and Spanish lads feel at home.
    LOL

• 15 GeordieTwo // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:02 PM

You greedy lot!!! We already have 2 1/2 CB’s and you want more. Well…. hmmmm jpossibly we only have 1 3/4 CB’s but still!!! In other areas we’re down to actual fractions! We have 1/2 a winger, 1/3 of a striker. Now, those are priority areas. The nerve, asking for a CB. Harrumph.

• 16 bladeuser // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:03 PM

The bindippers r in the process of signing there sixth player
    nufc have got an assistant for the wally with the brolly liverpool r on a different planet to our sorry excuse for a club
    anybody who buys a season ticket wants there head read we r attempting to sign players who dont want to know and young players like t mings signs for bournemouth of all clubs
    what a sad little rotten club we r

• 17 BlacknWhiteBarmy // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:05 PM

Beaten in the transfer market by Bournemouth LLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

• 18 GeordieTwo // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:06 PM

But we train well bladeuser mate. We train very well. We run, we jump, we frolic. We are the future of the modern English game. Harrumph.

• 19 BlacknWhiteBarmy // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:06 PM

As for this bid – in the words of Victor Meldrew – “I dont believe it!”

• 20 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:06 PM

I really doubt this is true, but IF it is, then it’s definitely a step in the right direction!

• 21 BlacknWhiteBarmy // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:06 PM

and for our transfer strategy I refer you to the great Abe Lincoln – “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”

• 22 Mr Magpie // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Graeme
    I know your joking as I think we all know that Monaco won’t take our unwanted players & cash for a player.

However it’s a good point you make & i wonder if some other club without Monaco’s financial resources might take some of our unwanted players in exchange for one of their players we want.

It might possibly be the only way that we are able to get rid of some of the deadwood out of the club club.

• 23 mickalfas // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:08 PM

Yes but we are not in a position of being able to compete with ————
    Just add whoever!!

• 24 GeordieTwo // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:09 PM

You lot clearly don’t understand wor topnotch transfer policy. Bindippers, pah I say! Pah! What have they ever done? What have they ever won? Now look at us…. Mike has guaranteed silverware for us. And we have Lee as well. I can feel us building momentum now. Oh….. no, I just need a quick trip to the bog. Hang on lads…..

• 25 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:12 PM

This type of signing sends the right message, however with a player of this ilk I would understand if we couldn’t get him over the line.

• 26 GeordieTwo // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:12 PM

I’m perfectly willing to step in as Left Sided Armchair Coach. Just bring me a whistle and some refreshment every 15 minutes. That’s all I ask.

• 27 GeordieTwo // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:13 PM

We don’t take players with ilk YMFB mate. Minge yes, ilk no.

• 28 mickalfas // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:13 PM

Is it at all possible that we are rumoured to make bids on players who have absolutely no intention of coming here ,to boost season ticket sales ,and raising the hopes of fans
    Or am I cynical ,I don’t know what to think anymore ,helllppp!!!

• 29 cyprus // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:17 PM

All our bids are like over 12 mil. The new heavy hitters in the park. Only join if you want to take us to CL. Otherwise, sod off.

• 30 GeordieTwo // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:17 PM

No, that’s not being cynical mickalfas mate. Pretending to be after good players is a long standing Ashley policy.

• 31 GeordieTwo // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:18 PM

Remember you lot, the helicopter is fuelled up and ready to go!!!!

• 32 cyprus // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:19 PM

G2,
    once again spreading your coaching credentials? Could you as well as JC though

• 33 cyprus // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:19 PM

do as well

• 34 GeordieTwo // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:20 PM

Do I have to come up with all the good training ideas though cyprus mate? Cheetah training, utility players, massive underspending etc. etc.

• 35 croftus5678 // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:22 PM

i wouldnt give williamson to my worse enemy !

best we just shoot him and bury him under the patio and have done with it 😉

ner tbf he’d do well as cb for a under 9’s team.

• 36 BlacknWhiteBarmy // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:23 PM

the way I see it next season has two outcomes:
    1) empty stadiums and the slug leaves during the season as no more cash coming and his brand is being damaged or
    2) Fans attend , another shocking season ending in relegation – slug leaves -see above…..

So unless some big signings are made I uggest route 1 – no gain without pain

• 37 cyprus // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:23 PM

I have high hopes in our new young coaching team. Now we need an even younger addition. A 12 year old coach would empathise with our younger prospects and help bring the through. Not sure if we’d be braking any laws in hiring him. Wasn’t Messi hired at like 9?

• 38 GeordieTwo // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:24 PM

Have you lot ever been chased by a cheetah with a pork chop strapped to your withers? The pace you can develop is tremendous.

• 39 GeordieTwo // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:26 PM

That’s the type of vigorous activity I plan for the lads when I’m finally hired as Left Sided Armchair Coach. I will need a beach umbrella for the hot weather as well of course.

• 40 croftus5678 // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:26 PM

@38 g2

well….if beating up dead cows worked for rocky its worth a try buddy.

• 41 GeordieTwo // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:28 PM

Ta croftus mate. Finally, someone on here who understands me.

• 42 Mr Magpie // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:28 PM

Mickalfas
    I think i am optimistic about us actually signing the better players we are linked with this time round as it appears this could be last chance saloon for many regarding Ashley getting opportunities to get it right.

However having had so many disappointments from recent transfer windows under Ashley & ended up feeling like a dick as the window slams shut i remain sceptical until i see them in the shirt, surrounded by sports direct signs.

• 43 croftus5678 // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:31 PM

@42 mr magpie

i think a lot of us are like that !

we want to hope but refuse to as we have been let down so many times before !

a good start with the spoken words and the coaching staff but if we dont get the players it’s no where near enough for me.

• 44 GeordieTwo // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:31 PM

Never, ever feel like a dick Mr. Magpie mate. To feel good you have to look good. Flare your nostrils mate. Show off your brand new chest hair. Stride forward and clear your throat menacingly. Wag your finger at people and say Harrumph!!! That’s the ticket.

• 45 GeordieTwo // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:39 PM

I’ve been censorized again. Must be more careful mentioning chest hair.

• 46 mickalfas // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:41 PM

G2
    With your new position of left side armchair coach are you going to be a puppet and spout Ashley’s message when they try to turn you over to the dark side
    You must resist ,don’t break under pressure !!

• 47 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:44 PM

Ibiza
    You persist with teasing questions about my ST money. I know it irks you and many others that 50,000 fans put money into Ashley’s pocket by buying tickets. It feeds the beast, in your eyes.

I consider I’ve had good value from my ST. Win, lose or draw, I’ve been entertained. I’ve had once in a lifetime experiences, good and bad. I’ve had the joy when we’ve won, which is all the sweeter after sitting through the embarrassment of some of the defeats. I’ve seen the history of a poor season being made. I’ve had the opportunity to see our players’ every move, not through a little window that follows a ball.

So, for example, I’ve been able to watch Janmaat closely, watching his positional play, his speed, his awareness, his decision making in light of his options, his tackling, his delivery and so on. It’s what has enabled me to conclude that he has had a half decent season. If I hadn’t seen it for myself, I might have believed he’s the top purple that quite a few on here suggest. Unlike Tuffty, I’m not reliant on other people’s opinions in order to formulate my own.

That’s what a ST buys you. And without fans paying for tickets, the club would be far less able to attract new players to the club. One of the biggest selling points of the club to players is the size of the stage. The very people who moan about the lack of signings are the ones who supported boycotts.

Instead of knocking fans who buy tickets, you should be grateful for them. If ever there was a good example, it was the last day of the season.
    BandB chided me for my faith that the fans could make the difference and disparaged the fans for being quiet game after game. I believed the fans could be the 12th man if the players gave them a glimmer of hope. I had to battle on here against fans like you, who have never been to SJP, and who promoted boycotts. Some fans on here actually wanted us relegated, would you believe.

If my ST bought me nothing all season, it was worth it to be at SJP to witness that unforgettable game. I can say “I was there”. You’ve never been there. Do you wished you’d never asked?

• 48 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:46 PM

Well it had got more cheerful in here til a wum turned up!!

• 49 Mr Magpie // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:46 PM

Croftus
    Yeah me too, it’s not about how much we spend but about signing the quality players we need to fill the positions where we are clearly lacking.

What we are being told i was happy to hear but again sceptical as i have heard it before…more optimistic now Carver & Stone have gone & McClaren has come in. Also we appear to be hiring far more competent replacements who i actually look at & feel hopeful they can coach.

Just now waiting for the influx of quality signings imparticular at cb & cf alongside the improvements the coaching set up can get from our current squad.

• 50 lesh // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:46 PM

More bull from Bishop.

Will Charnley ever realise that quality players through the door will sell STs?

Or is he on holiday? I wouldn’t be surprised in the least. After all, if he’s away, there’s no incoming transfers!

• 51 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:53 PM

Bladeuser
    Do you reckon Carr said we should sign Mings and Charnley said no?

Or do you reckon Carr said we should sign Mings but for no more than £x because he’s not worth any more than that and £x wasn’t enough?

Or do you think Carr thought we shouldn’t go for Mings because he’s not what we want at any price as he has better players he thinks we can get?

• 52 croftus5678 // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:53 PM

@47 blackley

its your money you earnt it you can do what you like with it buddy.

i chose a different path but no one is right or wrong and none of us know for sure which is the correct way to go !

for every arguement for i’m sure theres one against but its all down to what makes you happy mate !

the first time you neglect yourself to make others happy and yourself unhappy its a life of true missery.

• 53 BlacknWhiteBarmy // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:53 PM

B&B
    I suppose you could also say the 12th man got us an extra season with the slug – same old same old

• 54 mickalfas // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:55 PM

All I hope for is that they don’t expect the new coach /back room staff to turn the dross we have into world beaters
    That ain’t happening
    Everyone knows who needs to go ,can’t see the point of assessing the squad for weeks on end

• 55 Mr Magpie // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:56 PM

GeordieTwo
    Flaring my nostrils now…..feeling less like a dick already mate

• 56 croftus5678 // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:57 PM

@51 blackley

imo i dont believe we was ever after mings or any other lb !

i honestly think what they are saying is true and that our priority is cb and striker and i dont think we will go for any other position unless its a cheap dev player !

however wether they come good on that cb and striker positions is another matter all together ! we will just wait and see i suppose.

• 57 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:58 PM

Wonder when the staff will be annnnounced

• 58 check the toastie // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:59 PM

Still waiting for this horse to be attached………….

• 59 croftus5678 // Jun 25, 2015 at 7:59 PM

@57 tfl

hopefully soon if the story’s are true.

• 60 colwell // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:00 PM

Brilliant we bid for a player knowing full well we have zero chance he’d ever come to us. Pointless bidding for players that would actually come to us, that would cost money.

• 61 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:02 PM

I hope so, maybe can announce coaches and Charlie Austin at same time? 🙂

• 62 croftus5678 // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:03 PM

@61 tfl

lol ok your pushing it too far now 😉 its taken a month to get one bit of potential good news.

• 63 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:06 PM

Croftus
    Well anythong is possible with this club lol

• 64 Mr Magpie // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:07 PM

Blackley
    It is all speculative, none of us know what conversation takes place & who decides the final outcome of who we bid for & for how much.

Us all discussing it on here is just our opinions & ideas about how it works & let’s be honest none of us really know the answers & all it leads to is arguments & snide comments so what’s the point in going over old ground.

• 65 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:08 PM

Well said
    Mr M

• 66 croftus5678 // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:12 PM

@64 mr magpie

agree.

• 67 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:14 PM

Would not surprise me in the slightest if Charnley is on holiday right now ……

• 68 Bambams // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:14 PM

I have watched Mings a couple of times and he didn’t look like a player I would pay 8 million for…
    3/4 at most, paying because he is English and has potential.

I have had an unbelievable busy week at work and every night once at home kept looking on here for a signing….Still looking.

Mind you I have read up on our alleged new assistant manager/coach. Looks promising fellas

• 69 mickalfas // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:14 PM

Breaking news
    Nufc make auditious bid to bring Lionel Messi to Newcastle ,have offered £15m plus a SD mug plus 6 pairs of donnay socks,more to follow………
    Please renew season tickets asap !!

• 70 Mr Magpie // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:17 PM

Blackley
    Instead of covering old ground how’s about you tell us what player’s you’d like to see signed this transfer window. I’m not having a go or taking the proverbial but i genuinely would be interested in your viewpoint.

You pay your hard earned to go to watch & that is your right to do, so as a season ticket holder what area’s do you see as weak & who are the player’s you would like to see come in to fill these positions.

• 71 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:25 PM

Croftus
    You’re right. I should be able to buy a ST without fans from different parts of the world, some of whom have never been to SJP, coming on this blog slagging off people like me and telling us we’re fools for giving Ashley our money.

I don’t criticise fans who’ve been going for years and then decide they’ve had enough. It’s their money. Its their choice. I wouldn’t say they’re wrong because it’s clearly right for them.

Who knows? My circumstances might change and I might decide not to buy a ST one day. I might even want to join other fans in supporting a takeover if I think it would benefit the club.

IMO, at this time, continual boycotts aren’t proportionate. But I respect any fan’s decision to boycott. I can’t say I’m right and they’re wrong.

• 72 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:28 PM

Didn’t know we were in for Clasie

• 73 BandB // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:33 PM

Blackley

You keep making reference to conversations we haven’t had you little monkey.
    I have made a point of only engaging you when I absolutely have to for well over a month now, and you know it.
    So I do wish you wouldn’t tell fibs a small child would be ashamed of.
    I know it is part of your modus operandi though, and that you will not be ashamed in the slightest.
    Like everyone else, I am pleased to have some developments to speculate on and feel hopeful about. I have an open mind.

• 74 Mr Magpie // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Tfl
    Yeah that’s the first i heard of us being in for him, pity he is a quality player.

Maybe it’s hopefully because we are getting Van Ginkel in instead from Chelsea?

• 75 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:38 PM

Yh much prfer Wijnaldum though Mr M

• 76 croftus5678 // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:38 PM

@71 blackley

all nufc fans are valuable.

some buy season tickets / some spread the word to younger generations / some buy shirts and branded items it doesnt matter if there from the toon or moved to the toon or the other side of the world !

we all support nufc we forgive forget move on and learn to get along as we all have the same thing in common.

• 77 mickalfas // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:39 PM

B&B
    You make an excellent point ,all of us have chosen to follow NUFC ,everyone has the choice how they follow the team ,some stay away ,some buy season tickets ,its a personal choice ,nobody should be judgeing anybody else on how they choose to support the team
    To be fair they don’t make it easy for us,glory hunters we are not !

• 78 croftus5678 // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:40 PM

@74+75

aye both good but i’d prefere wijnaldum also ! whoever gets him if they are a prem team they will have improved there team thats for sure.

• 79 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:42 PM

Okay so who are signings people would want to see ?

Personally would like to see us go for :

Matip : 10 million
    Dunk : 5 million
    Van Ginkel – Loan with option to buy
    Lindegard – Loan with option to buy
    Austin 15 million
    Nzonzi – 8.5 million

• 80 Mr Magpie // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:44 PM

Yeah me too tfl but i think psv will want too much money for him & our priority must be centre backs & striker. Van Ginkel on loan with an option to buy next summer is the more realistic option but hopefully they really surprise me & get Wijnaldum too.

• 81 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:46 PM

LCBP

Matip £10 mil
    Sule £5 mil
    Wijnaldum £12 mil
    N’Zonzi £8 mil
    Ince £8 mil
    Austin £15 mil
    Dost £10 mil

• 82 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:49 PM

@Toon From Leeds

Yep like that list I think it will be Dost or Austin if we actually sign one of them would like us to keep Cisse I think fully fit with a more attacking outlook he could get 20 goals easy next season

• 83 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:50 PM

LCBP if it as to be just one striker I’d pick Austin

• 84 croftus5678 // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:51 PM

@79 lee

if its out of players we have been linked with in order of strikers i would go.

pea

abdennour
    matip
    vlaar
    keogh
    chester

• 85 stuart no9 // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:51 PM

so its nearly july, and after the worst season in modern times, and how we were told things were going to change- nothing .in fact , if SM cant attract his own backroom staff , how the hell can he attract players – players worth anything anyway. This is getting embarrasing( here we go again) but we knew we wernt going to get super stars, b ut finding an assistant who wants to come , come on , wow i had them down to get relagated last year, lets see what happens next month

• 86 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:52 PM

or swap Ince for Konoplyanka if we can match his wages

• 87 Sir Eric // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:52 PM

LCBP

Austin-£13million
    Phillips-£5million
    Veltman-£5million
    Vlaar-Free

There were a few more but they just aren’t coming to me at the moment!

• 88 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:52 PM

stuart we have more or less got the backroom staff in

• 89 mickalfas // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:53 PM

LCBP
    Would be great to sign
    Winaljdum £12m
    Austin £12m
    Matip £10m
    Van dijk £6m
    Get the potential out of other players and keep the sick notes fit ,not a bad squad
    Assess the squad in December and buy again in January, I don’t think it’s a good idea to bring in too many at once
    But getting rid of some of the shit we have atm must be a priorty

• 90 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:55 PM

Finally some football chat !!

The more you read about this Cathro fella the more he appeals

• 91 Sir Eric // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:55 PM

I wouldn’t mind Scott Brown from Celtic. The guy could definitely play the midfield destroyer role or be a box to box midfielder. Only problem is he is approaching 30, which doesn’t fit our sell-on policy.

• 92 Sir Eric // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:57 PM

Oh and Paul Scharner. How could we have left him out…

• 93 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:57 PM

Mr Magpie
    It would be easier to say who I would like to keep. Usually, we’d have certain players of whom I could say I’d be very disappointed if we sold him. So much has the quality of the squad reduced in the last 12 months, I can’t think of a single player I would badly miss.

I would have to keep Cisse and get two other top strikers in. I think Austin would be a good fit. I also like Hernandez.

That said, I don’t covet other team’s players. I’m not clued up enough to comment on players I’ve never closely watched. That’s Carr’s job.

I’d keep Janmaat and Dummett. I think Janmaat is overhyped and Dummett under-appreciated. But both are good enough. Colo and Willo must go. We need a top goalkeeper.

From the bits I’ve seen, I have a bad feeling the two Forest lads won’t make an impact; more Carr duds I fear but only time will tell.

I’m getting pestered by my impatient son so will have to return to this later if, having read it back, I’ve got any more to add.

• 94 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:59 PM

LCBP I think Cathro will be an excellent coach and possibly be our HC when Schteeeve leaves

• 95 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 8:59 PM

I would like Javier Hernandez too

• 96 Setchell // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:01 PM

Haven’t posted on here for a while but still following, waiting for our summer to actually begin! Looking forward to seeing who we bring in…. The thing is there is some good players potentially available this summer, if only we were ambitious enough to sign them. We may all be proved wrong! Incase anyone interested my wish list is as follows (obviously with a certain amount of realism):-

Javier Hernandez
    Charlie Austin
    Andros Townsend
    Georginio Wijnaldum
    Van Ginkel (on loan)
    Alex song or Steven Nzonzi
    Aymen Abdennour
    Ron Vlaar

Ok maybe it’s not that realistic…. If only! Didn’t put fees because I wouldn’t care how much we spend so long as we get good players in, we as fans should not worry about value of players! Come on let’s make sure we are fighting for at least Europa and cups next season!

• 97 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:03 PM

@Blackley

I think Dummett gets a lot of stick on here mostly because he is a local lad for me he looks a premier league quality centre half , at left back he does get exposed but I think that was more to do with how Pardew set the team up and the quality of the winger playing ahead of him

• 98 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:04 PM

LCBP, Dummett is a decentish player but is nowhere good enough to play CB too short and not strong enough

• 99 mickalfas // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:04 PM

Don’t know why ,I have a feeling Austin could be our best striker since wor Al ,if he can get the service he needs
    Get your wallet out fatty
    Here’s hoping !!

• 100 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:05 PM

mick I think that too

• 101 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:07 PM

Did anyone watch that Chile V Uruguay game last night? I wasn’t sure if I was watching football or WWE

• 102 croftus5678 // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:07 PM

@97 lee

i remember the one game that dummet at lb was actually getting forward and scored (2-2 with liverpool) he was ver alike james milner in that game and had a decent cross ect so he is my flexable but i’d def agree his best position imo is cb both he and janmaat put our regular cb’s to shame imo.

• 103 Mr Magpie // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:09 PM

Lcbp

I would be delighted with this sort of quality coming in this window.

Cb-Rudiger- 9m
    Cb- Van Dijk or Van Beek- 7m/6m
    Cm- Wijnaldum or Van Ginkel -14m/loan then 8m
    Lw-Konoplyanka – Free
    St- Austin-14m

• 104 mickalfas // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:10 PM

Setchell
    Good players ,but I’m sure I read today that Songs signing for West Ham ,were a bit late for him mate
    I may be wrong ,reading so much news/speculation ,my head hurts !

• 105 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:13 PM

For me the priority has to be defence no matter what we do this summer

With a better backline our forwards and midfield dont have to worry or babysit as much which means we can play a high line and trouble teams cant expect to win games if you are going to concede 2 or 3 every game

• 106 AndyMac // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:14 PM

I’m pretty sure ANY club can bid £12m for a player when they know its a no-go. NUFC are great at bidding just under 25% of the going rate.

Mings has gone to Bournemeouth for £8m, we’d have offered £5m.

• 107 Mister Tuff // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:15 PM

See Blockhead Blackley has seen fit to have another snipe.
    What’s this you spout about not playing the man -bollocks – you do it all the time.
    Although if you think you don’t well that’s fine – but hypocrite comes to mind.

• 108 Setchell // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:16 PM

I really think we need a good defensive midfielder, I don’t rate our midfield at all. Sissoko included. The only players I would be disappointed if we sold are janmaat, Aaron’s, Perez and krul. Obviously if we didn’t sign many players wouldn’t let anyone leave haha

• 109 WWSBRD // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:20 PM

Alex Song would be cracking in our midfield we could give him a decision to make if we moved quickly hahaha yeah right

• 110 mickalfas // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:20 PM

Mr Magpie
    Austin doesn’t get sainthood till he gets us the silverware even at £14m lol

• 111 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:21 PM

Tuffty
    You come on and snipe at anyone who disagrees with you. You can’t help yourself. You’re the worst culprit, save for Ruddy. Bloggers react to you. Your mummy sees bloggers react. She now only comes on to stick up for her little tuffty, who can do no wrong.

• 112 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:23 PM

LCBP/TFL
    I prefer Dummett at CB.

• 113 Our Toon // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:24 PM

If this bid is true then all we are doing is wasting time in attempting to sign this lad when he’s clearly said he wants CL football. This bid to me sums us up to a tee, making stupid bids knowing they’ll either be rejected or the player will tell us where to go & the board will say “we tried but we couldn’t get anyone over the line”

Alex Song is another, class act but he’s classed as a Home Grown player, he’ll end up at Citeh or someone more ambitious than us….these targets would have been excellent if we hadn’t faffed about for the last 9 years of this regime!!

• 114 Mister Tuff // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:25 PM

what a knacker.

• 115 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:25 PM

Pre Season Friendly

Luton 2 Aston Villa 0

• 116 stuart no9 // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:30 PM

toon from leeds
    if thats the case , my apologies.
    havnt been on the blog for a few weeks and just snippets from the nationals,

who have we got in ??

• 117 Our Toon // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:31 PM

Blackley

It’s not often I agree with you but Janmaat is vastly overrated, he’s a decent FB and for £5m he’s a snip but defensively the bloke is very poor but he’s good going forward.

Dummett though is championship standard at best, he’s pants!!

• 118 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:34 PM

Stuart
    Ian Cathro and steve black
    Possibly Alessandro Shoenmaker from derby too

• 119 mickalfas // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:35 PM

Ourtoon
    We can possibly get him over the line with the language barrier champions league /championship sounds similar !!

• 120 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:35 PM

Staurt

many other sources have covered this too

• 121 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:38 PM

Nufc only 1000/1 to win premier league next season might be worth a quid lol

• 122 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:39 PM

Tuffty
    When I used to play back in the day, I used to take the pish. Having skinned the player, I’d go back and beat him again. On my day the opposition couldn’t touch me. Sometimes, a defender would just decide to clean me out with no intention of getting the ball. I’d give him a warning on the second occasion. On the third occasion, I’d bide my time. When he was casually playing the ball, I’d come in from behind 2 or 3 seconds afterwards and give him the hardest welly I could muster, sometimes cleaning him out. So I’m not above playing the man when he deserves it. The trouble is, when the ruck starts, both players get sent off.

• 123 Munster Mag // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:42 PM

Make no mistake boys, this is good news. Our coaching ticket is shaping up well and is a mile ahead of carver and pardew and stone. These guys are more innovative and shteve had made it clear thst we wanted a young coach. Why? Because he will bring ideas and creativity. I read about this guy in the dundee gaurdian and he seems v v good. I am delighted.

• 124 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:43 PM

OurToon
    Janmaat is steady defensively, by no means great. Going forward, he can sometimes make a chance that our midfielders can’t, but too often I find myself tearing my hair out at his poor delivery when he’s done well to get in a good position.

• 125 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:45 PM

Blackley maybe a new coach can bring the best out of Janmaat, he played awesome at WC

• 126 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:46 PM

I think if we had better wingers Janmaat and Dummett would not need to go forward as much which meant they would not get exposed our pulled out of position

Last season Janmaat got 5 or 6 assists and a couple of goals from fullback and created a lot of chances which considering we only had 1 player in the box at any one time was quite good going for his first season in England

• 127 Sazzer // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:50 PM

Our new Brazilian fitness coach in action:

• 128 mickalfas // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:51 PM

Tfl,
    I’ll take the bet but you and 20,000 mates need to club together and pay £5 each
    Please send money to the bank of Geneva,account number 97543344333 lol

• 129 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:52 PM

pmsl
    mcik

• 130 welshgeordie9 // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:53 PM

Still no news on signings then.

• 131 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Don’t be daft Welsh

• 132 Klam3r // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Munster Mag

Agreed. With these appointments we can look forward to triangles and one touch football. Haven’t seen that in ages from our team. Well at least not since Pardew stumbled upon the great trio Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa. Just to dismantle them some games and wonderful counter attacking football later. What a clown!

I’m having a strange feeling we’ve had some player transfers agreed for a while too.

• 133 Ibizatoon // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:57 PM

Blackley…You and I will always struggle to have a half sensible conversation because you continuously miss the point. Whether intentional or not, I shall not assume on here, but I have a rough idea I think.
    I have always said it is each persons choice how they spend their money. If people are happy with the product, then I have zero objections. Two things do irk me a bit. One is people who simply complain but aren’t willing to do something about it. The other is people telling others that they can’t do anything about a situation.
    More than anything I wanted fans to believe that they can do something if they choose. Up until recently it wasn’t even about choice, a fair few people felt like they were helpless. You may find that amusing, or wish to call them things like flappy birds or whatever, but as you should be aware, for many, the connection to the club is an emotional one. We feel as we feel and a lot of people have been hurting. You’re approach has been to try and ridicule them. You aren’t, but you should be ashamed of how you acted towards your fellow fans a few months ago and to this day.

You have continuously tried to make this either about location, background, age or whatever. There is no connection to those who supported the boycotts and those who didn’t. It was only you trying to make it so. Young or old, born Geordie or not, living in Newcastle or living in Ibiza, it never had anything to do with any of it. It still doesn’t.

Do I wish I’d never asked? Please, you give yourself far too much credit. I genuinely am curious as to how you’re mind works. I have often accused you of playing games, to which you act all surprised. That only leaves emotional damage.

What sort of a person is going to try and justify their point as being right because they saw it in person rather than on TV? I didn’t even mention the Janmaat discussion (at least I don’t remember doing so) – Is it not possible that someone who has claimed Janmaat to be a “purple” also attends games? Could it all boil down to the simple fact that different people simply have different opinions, even if they were sitting right next to each other inside SJP?

As you mention Mister Tuff, he is spot on, you play the man time and time again. You will say it’s a reaction to others – that’s simply rubbish.

During the boycotts, BandB, Tuff and myself held lots of discussions with people on the blog. Some who were not in favour of the boycotts. We did so in a civil manner. It was a discussion. With you, that’s impossible – as many a poster has said previously.

I am a fan of fans. I always have been. You question my support of Newcastle United due to the fact I live in Ibiza and haven’t been to SJP before. Do I want fans to leave SJP forever? Absolutely not. I wanted fans to start getting some belief in themselves again. What was the harm in letting the club know that they can’t just continuously do as they please with no care for the fans? We all agreed with you at the time that fans can be the 12th man, that was never in question. There was discussions about whether they had been up until then and also whether it was their responsibility to do so, but not that they couldn’t be. Another example of you twisting the past and what people have said. Isn’t it time to stop trying to make it up?

As for teasing you – come on now, you’re trying to say that your ST money goes towards wages – as if you have a say in the matter. For all you know it goes towards the yearly toilet roll budget.

Anyway, that’s taken up far too much of my time.

Apologies to anyone that decided it might be a good idea to read this. You probably should know better by now.

• 134 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:58 PM

that wouldn’t surprise me klam3r

• 135 Mr Magpie // Jun 25, 2015 at 9:59 PM

Blackley
    Hernandez is a good shout, excellent player. I think Dummett is a good cover cb but not a regular starter in my opinion.

I agree with you on the two Forest lads, from what i have seen of them the jury is still out. Hopefully Mcclaren can improve them into first team squad.

• 136 Mr Magpie // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:01 PM

Mickalfas
    Good spot that, i had to read that twice before i got it…lol

• 137 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:02 PM

BandB@73
    I distinctly recall us discussing the merits or otherwise of boycotts. As I recall, you were not persuaded that the fans could help the players. You were critical of the fans for their lack of vocal support for weeks; you couldnt see anything would change; and you were highly skeptical, if not dismissive, of my rallying call and claim that it could make the difference between relegation and survival on the day.

Now that is my best recollection of what you were saying. I may not have it 100% correct because some weeks have passed. I discussed it with others too including Ibiza, who sings with you from the same hymn sheet.

I apologise if I have misrepresented you but I don’t believe I have. It will be all there in black and white if I had half an hour spare to search for it. If you can show me that was not the gist of what you were saying, I’m more than happy to apologise.

• 138 geordieboy83 // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:03 PM

List of players i’d like

Veltman and van rhin – ajax
    Van dijk
    Wijnaldum
    Matias suarez – anderlecht i think
    Ferghouli
    Austin
    Hernandez

Any 6 from them.

On footballing talents, what happened to viktor fischer?

• 139 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:05 PM

How amazing would it be if because of the boycotts and protests the club finally listened to supporters and we were good to watch this year with players signed …….

• 140 Mister Tuff // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:05 PM

Blockhead — ooh oooh – ooh what a tough player you are -fouling people from behind – oooh what a toughie.
    Your tactics are no surprise.
    I used to play football -I note you did not mention what game you played – I presume by your actions on here it must be netball.
    what a tart – what a knacker.
    Holding a grudge because you do not know the law. If Wally slips up this season you can arrest him(citizens arrest).

• 141 Sir Eric // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:07 PM

@geordieboy83

Fischer has missed a lot of the last few seasons with injury.

• 142 mickalfas // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:11 PM

Ibiza
    Muy bien !!!

• 143 geordieboy83 // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Sir Eric,

Cheers mate i did wonder why he went off the radar a bit. Shame really

• 144 Jib // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:14 PM

Mister Tuff // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:05 PM

Your tactics are no surprise.
    what a tart – what a knacker.

Does anybody know what this empty headed fool is burbling on about ?

• 145 beermonkey // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:15 PM

just a quick flick through gives view of what ian cathro is about worth a look

• 146 Belfast // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:18 PM

Is that the end of chapter 1 Ibiza?

• 147 Sir Eric // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:19 PM

@geordieboy83

You’re welcome mate. It’s a shame really. He was a major prospect. My best mate is an Ajax fan through and through and he used to rave about Fischer all the time.

• 148 Mister Tuff // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:20 PM

Blockhead – what’s this rallying call on the last day of the seasoning you’re now spouting on about.
    If I remember correctly you said we were going to get beat. Great rallying call.
    You spin more crap than King Percy.

• 149 Mister Tuff // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:21 PM

seasoning = season

• 150 Average_Contents // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:21 PM

I’d gotten so used to that pattern of Ibizatoon’s at the side of his name it didn’t register as I flicked through the comments that he’d changed it and I was Infact reading one of his legendary essays. More fool me.

Won’t be repeating THAT mistake ever again 😉

By the way, nicely put but you do realise that not one of your points will ever get answered don’t you? Silly you.

• 151 Average_Contents // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:23 PM

Belfast

That was the first sentence lol

• 152 geordieboy83 // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:24 PM

Sir eric

I remember watching him a few times and thought bloody hell he eill be a great but like i say he just disappeared. I always preferred him julian draxler and mario goetze in terns of potential

• 153 gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club) // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:25 PM

@ Blackley- That little tale of your stunning playing exploits makes you sound like the biggest dick around here.

Wow, you got fouled so you “skulked and planned” and did an incredibly cowardly tackle on someone who probably had no idea that you and he were each others nemesis’ in the plot in your head.

Big tough boy kicks another boy from behind when he wasn’t expecting it. Big news. Another coward in the world.

• 154 overtheline // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:26 PM

Taking the man out again Old Blackley ? Your approach on the blog really does have true life parallels.

• 155 Ibizatoon // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:27 PM

Mick…Gracias.

Jib…Yes.

Belfast…Don’t worry, I’ll email you the audiobook.

A/C…Did the name next to the picture not give it away? That must have been seriously long on a mobile 🙂

• 156 Average_Contents // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:27 PM

Yes, shock horror I’ve posted. No need to be shy fellow bloggers.

I don’t bite….much 😀

Anyways, that’s probably my monthly allowance of soundbite used up as the days are so fcuking long now and don’t get much time anymore.

Hope alls well.

See you next month 😉

• 157 Sir Eric // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:27 PM

@geordieboy83

Aye, draxler and goetze are definitely great talents as well.

Can you believe goetze was voted as one of the flops of the bundesliga season? Ridiculous!

• 158 Mister Tuff // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:29 PM

Also shows his sneaky tactics, he coughed to a fake name on Toonsy’s Blog the other day – wonder if he’s doing the same on here -don’t like the cut of his jib.

• 159 Average_Contents // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:31 PM

No. I sort of look out the corner of my good eye when scanning and didn’t notice the name just the picture.

Epic proportions mate. My thumbs hurting from all the fcuking scrolling lol.

I’m off. Early starts now plus travelling time really gets to ya after 4 days 🙁

• 160 mickalfas // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:32 PM

AC
    Hopefully they’ll be some news to report on !!

• 161 Ibizatoon // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:32 PM

AC…Now I feel badly, using up your monthly allowance on reading one post. Wait, no I don’t. 🙂

Take it easy mate. Speak soon.

• 162 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:33 PM

geordieboy83…Fischer is back – go watch the U21 Euros, but he had a nasty injury last season that kept him out more than 8 months.

He’s a huge talent – one of our brightest!

• 163 Average_Contents // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:33 PM

Mick

In that case I’m not back for a few months then, let’s say January?

Definitely off.

• 164 gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club) // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:37 PM

@jesper – what about Sisto (think that’s right?). Saw one bit of skill v Germany which was pretty sweet.

Just pleased to see he was real and not some invention by Football Manager!

• 165 optimistic prime // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:42 PM

I thought I’d have a look for this box soccer to see if I could see any videos.
    I’ve found a couple but I’m unsure if they’re the right thing.

• 166 geordieboy83 // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:42 PM

Sir eric

Youre joking right? What i would give for a flop like that (no pun intended haha) they should try looking at squidward and the likes if they want ti see real crap

Jesper

That’s good news mate, is he still at ajax? If so we should bid for him as well haha

• 167 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:44 PM

Mr Magpie
    Further to my previous, now that I’ve sorted the boy.

I’d keep some players for another season at least. Perez and Colback certainly.

The rest will be controversial. I wouldn’t be too quick to write off Sammy and Marveaux.

Sammy does some good work tracking back that often goes unnoticed. However, if he is ever to make a player, he has to show a will to win. I don’t think he’s got that mentality. But not many, if any, of our players do. If Sammy would listen to my orders to get in the box as much as possible to get on the end of things and seek and get goals, I’d keep him. I think Marv is a canny, intelligent, creative player. I’d like to see him on the training ground and test his attitude. Admittedly I’ve not kept tabs on him last season.

As for Sissoko, he’s an enigma and can be an asset on his day. However, I believe he’s a big time Charlie. His heart’s not really in it and that’s no good.

And Sissoko is a good example to highlight my main point in recent days. Often it’s not about this target or that target and how good he is. It’s not about whether or not he’s a star with a big price tag and a sexy foreign name. It’s about good, honest, unassuming professionals, who can gel and bond with an iron team spirit and a determination to win.

What you don’t want is a bunch of signings, even if, each on his own is considered a good and astute acquisition, if, as a whole, they form a disparate group of individuals and egos.

Coaches select the team and chose the formations, but they need players who will blend and fit and gel. Old style managers used to chose their own players to make their vision of a formidable team. But coaches have to work with what’s provided. If wor lass and I have a trip in the car, we always find it works better if either she drives or I drive. We never seem to fair so well when we we work together to steer, change gears etc.

So I simply ask what evidence is there that the old man Carr is building a “team” and not just buying players to fill certain places and positions? I can’t see any evidence of it. Can anyone?

• 168 optimistic prime // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:44 PM

Here’s another one, it’s a different drill.

Is this the sort of thing?

• 169 Belfast // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:46 PM

I could do that blindfolded op and smoke a tab afterwards

• 170 Sir Eric // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:46 PM

@Geordieboy83

No joke, him and Van der Vaart were the two flops.

• 171 beermonkey // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:46 PM

prime

there is sample vids on there

• 172 optimistic prime // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:47 PM

Or do you just practice your skills in a cardboard box

• 173 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:49 PM

Thauvin?

• 174 geordieboy83 // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:50 PM

Blackley at the risk of facing your wrath, what choice does carr have? As people often say, how do we know whether the players selected for transfer are first or tenth on the list.

Carr has given us gems and a few lumps of coal aswell. Lets face it though hes given us
    Jaanmat, debuchy, cabaye, cisse, ben arfa, perez, etc. some are well known like de jong, ba etc but as i say how many were first choice targets?

• 175 optimistic prime // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:52 PM

Beer

Cheers, looked a the page earlier on my phone and never noticed the vid.
    Looks alright, few of players will struggle with that. Cabbela will probably be knocked off the ball by the cone.

• 176 geordieboy83 // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:53 PM

In termd of right character, again with that you can get a rough idea but nobody knows until backs are against the wall and its fight or flight time. People like sissoko stand out more when they don’t play well as we ate aware of how goid he can be.

A lot of playere are just not noticed at all coz they have no star quality

• 177 geordieboy83 // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:55 PM

Sir eric

I am sure goetze will not take it to heart to much mate. He could be the crappest player in the bundesliga but would walk into any team in premiership

• 178 beermonkey // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:58 PM

prime

I saw one bit read some of it hopefully we will get it all running down to the youth
    he looks a very good appointment and I am sure he will want to manage in his own right soon

if they can develop a first touch with sissoko they will be hailed as the new messiah

• 179 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:59 PM

Tuffty
    If someone’s assaults you three times, making no attempt to get the ball, and you warn them once, it is fair game to let them have a taste of a late one.

As for Toonsy’s blog and using another name, it really doesn’t matter what name you use. It’s what you say that counts. It doesn’t bother me in the slightest if there are doppelgangers on here. It’s the contributions that count.

You only use one name as far as I know and most of your posts are only good for laughing at. What does that tell you? It tells me one name doesnt necessarily mean anything and you give doppelgangers a good name.

Where’s mummy tonight? Sexpot?

• 180 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:59 PM

Apparently we have offered Vlaar a contract

• 181 beermonkey // Jun 25, 2015 at 11:02 PM

tfl

to old I would hope we are looking at better targets than him good world cup useless in the league

• 182 OneAlanShearer // Jun 25, 2015 at 11:04 PM

Goetze is a brilliant player. He would be my first choice striker.

• 183 geordieboy83 // Jun 25, 2015 at 11:07 PM

One alan shearer

Ridiculously talented footballer mate, and him flopping is still 2 or 3 levels above oir best player

• 184 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 11:08 PM

beer I agree matey

• 185 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 25, 2015 at 11:13 PM

I would take Vlaar as Colo replacement we still need a pacy defender to play alongside him though like Matip

• 186 Novocastrian66 // Jun 25, 2015 at 11:13 PM

TFL; Cannot see that happening.

• 187 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 11:15 PM

McClarens new team

• 188 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 11:16 PM

Novo

Vlaar or Thauvin?

• 189 mickalfas // Jun 25, 2015 at 11:18 PM

Vlaar would be a great signing on a short term contract ,but ffs buy another one ,CB that is ,hopefully the dutch pull will be strong enough
    Still need a Matip type player as well ,and that’s only the defence !!

• 190 Oldgit1 // Jun 25, 2015 at 11:18 PM

Looked at the clips of thauvin , all it shows is he can’t cross a ball or beat a tackle and his passing is crap. Caballa the second.. Hope we don’t get him.

• 191 optimistic prime // Jun 25, 2015 at 11:19 PM

Beer

Haha, Sissoko no chance

From what I’ve read he does look very promising, have to see if it’s a done deal or paper talk before I get to optimistic 😉

The won’t have a clue in training after Percy and JC, Sissoko will have a brain fart and faint.

• 192 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 11:20 PM

we’ve been linked to Bakary Sako

• 193 Tayls // Jun 25, 2015 at 11:21 PM

Have we sold M’biwa permanently?

• 194 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 11:22 PM

Tayls

• 195 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 25, 2015 at 11:23 PM

If Thauvy boy is going to cost 15 million I would rather get Van Ginkel, Lindegard and Ince for less than that or just put the money in for that Ukrainian boy who is on a free whos amazing

• 196 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 25, 2015 at 11:24 PM

LCBP

I would take the Ukrainian lad too

• 197 beermonkey // Jun 25, 2015 at 11:27 PM

prime

it does look a done deal but we have been there an awful lot of times
    so best to wait for the official announcement

if its true I would imagine the players will be excited
    training with the ball
    no piggy back games

• 198 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 25, 2015 at 11:27 PM

Looking at the figures that are getting bandied about for players it looks like most teams will be spending at least 40 million minimum so we will need to spend about 60 million just to keep ahead will we though ?

The premiership should be crazy this year if every team is signing internationals

• 199 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 25, 2015 at 11:33 PM

Geordieboy
    You won’t face my wrath at all. I only mock and jibe at at the snipers, and I ignore those who post the vile insults because they need no reply. Anyone who respects other respectful folk on here will get no truck from me.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. We’re all reading betwen the lines. I’m just giving my opinion on it. My opinion’s no more valid than yours.

Carr has bought players like Cabaye, Debuchy, Cisse, Tiote, Ba etc. But they’re established players. A half decent scout is going to be aware of them. If I’m going to criticise him, I’ve got to give him credit for buying these players, whether or not they’re relatively high profile. But he’s buying more duds more recently and I’m not impressed.

The bottom line is that, if he’s not the DoF as some people say, at the very least he’s part of the DoF duumvirate. He puts the “football” in the title. He has to accept responsibility. If we’ve bought duds, he’s sanctioned it. There on his list. It’s with his blessing. He could say no on footballing grounds.

Carr must, at the very least, give Charnley a maximum purchase or minimum sale price. Because Charnley hasn’t a clue on valuations.

If we get a player, it’s because Charnley has paid Carr’s valuation or less. I can’t envisage a scenario where Charnley would exceed Carr’s valuation.

I’m sorry to say the recruitment hasn’t been good enough. I’d rather have one good player with the budget than three players for whom we won’t get our money back. That’s a call only Carr’s qualified to make. A good scouting team will find the hidden talent andcsave the club money. Perez might be that. He’s certainly not a bad shout and Carr deserves credit. But there needs to be three or four or more of these, not just the odd one.

• 200 OneAlanShearer // Jun 25, 2015 at 11:44 PM

Geordieboy – yep. I am hoping all rumours end up maturing to real quality in reality. We haveonot realised our true potential as a club. It would not break the bank to turn the clubs fortunes around. Keep key players. Buy a better spine and back it up. With what looks like a staff with real potential you never know where we could go. Its not impossible…they just need to invest and dare to play without fear for once. Sick of having no leaders on the pitch and off.

previous post: Newcastle Miss Out On Another Target