The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

This Is Newcastle Coach Ian Cathro’s Exciting Manifesto

11:59 pm, Thursday, June 25th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 77 Comments

Newcastle United are ready to name Ian Cathro as one of Steve McClaren’s new coaches, and it’s an exciting appointment for Newcastle to have a 28 year-old coach who is highly regarded in coaching circles.

He has only just resigned from his assistant manager job at Valencia, where he worked with head coach Nuno Espirito Santo – known simply as Nuno.

ian cathro valencia

Ian Cathro – while at Valencia

The Scot had an early end to his playing career because of injury, and he has been in coaching for a few years now, having started as the head of Dundee United’s Youth Academy six years ago.

After Ian left Valencia just over a couple of weeks ago he had this to say:

¨I would like to thank Nuno Espírito Santo for the opportunity to work with him in the top leagues in Portugal and Spain.¨

It has been a unique and hugely rewarding experience for an ambitious Scottish coach.”‘I wish Valencia the success they deserve.¨

¨I had an amazing time with a great club in a fantastic city. This was a very difficult decision to take and was agreed some time ago.

And in a recent interview he has talked about his philosophy of coaching and management:

“You project forward to the types of job you want to do. I want to fill a stadium and make people excited about coming, feeling that as an enjoyable thing to watch and embrace.

¨That’s whilst being able to do something of significance at a club that leaves a structure and a system so that it continues to profit from beyond my period of time.”

“That’s the types of jobs that are more appealing and more natural to me. You’re paid a lot of money, football gives you a lot of good things, and it’s the club’s position in society that gives you that.¨

¨It’s important that the club gets its value from you.”

Ian will be a popular choice among Newcastle fans, and with Steve McClaren promising to play attacking football in his new role at Newcastle, now the club has to concentrate on getting some good players through the door this summer.

Steve McClaren could even announce his full coaching team tomorrow, five days before pre-season training starts next Wednesday.

Tags: Coaching · Head coach · Management · Newcastle News · Premier League

77 responses so far ↓

• 1 banjax // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:07 AM

Progress !

• 2 Graeme // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:17 AM

Info on Cathro

• 3 The overrated Frenchman // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:17 AM

Maybe there’s an element of succession planning with this appointment?

• 4 Mister Tuff // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:17 AM

More fables and invention by Blockhead.
    The latest made up tale :-
    “Oh yes. It was Tuff. The same guy who said he wouldn’t kick another player in revenge for that other player kicking him three times. Either Tuff has never played the game or he’s the Marquis of Queensbury. Hmmm. What do we reckon?”

When in fact what I did say was :-
    “Mister Tuff // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:05 PM

Blockhead — ooh oooh – ooh what a tough player you are -fouling people from behind – oooh what a toughie.
    Your tactics are no surprise.
    I used to play football -I note you did not mention what game you played – I presume by your actions on here it must be netball.
    what a tart – what a knacker.
    Holding a grudge because you do not know the law. If Wally slips up this season you can arrest him(citizens arrest).”

Now then if you could just indicate where in my post I said I wouldn’t kick another player -just take your time.
    Duh—- never said it at all you just made it up. Another trickster caught out.

You call yourself a Toon fan and have been bleating on all week about Carr valuing players – what a load of ill informed crap. Charnley has been pricing the players since 2008 when Llambias was MD.
    Get the bloody facts first you knacker.
    Wanting to arrest Percy – what a knacker.

• 5 Munster Mag // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:18 AM

Brilliant stuff. If we are fair ( and many here are not ) we can praise the club now. Many guys screamed that charva wud get the job. Well you were very wrong.

• 6 Graeme // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:19 AM

More info on Cathro – Click on the “BOX-Soccer” link within the text. Its a system Cathro developed and works to.

• 7 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:26 AM

Hahahahahahahahahah Tuffty @4

You’re embarrassing yourself big time, buddy. Mummy should come quick too rescue you. I can’t wait to reply before she gets here and advises you to ignore me.

• 8 will die for the toon army // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:31 AM

Succession plan I released that NUFC appoint from with. That’s Ashely policy.

• 9 awaydays // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:37 AM

How about both of you stop acting like 12 year olds and grow up? Onto football I believe that after the coaching staff is announced there will be more activity transfer wise which isnt open yet prior to what you all think

• 10 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:01 AM

Tuffty

What a chump you’re making of yourself. No wonder you’re so belligerent when you can’t follow a logical thread. Here you go:

148Mister Tuff // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:20 PM

“Blockhead – what’s this rallying call on the last day of the seasoning you’re now spouting on about.
    If I remember correctly you said we were going to get beat. Great rallying call.
    You spin more crap than King Percy.”

It’s simple Tuffty. I predicted at the start of the season we’d be relegation candidates and after Carver was appointed, it looked even more likely. When it came down to the last game of the season, I predicted we’d go down.

However, you may not have grasped this but a prediction is just a prediction. If you had any intelligence you would know that you can make a prediction as to what might happen, but you do not havevto call for it to happen. On the contrary, you can do what you can to try to achieve a different result.

Old Blackley never gave up hope that, if the players could get the crowd behind them, the crowd could lift them sufficiently. So, whilst I might predict on the blog one thing, I’m going to the match to support the team along with 50,000 others.

I wasn’t in the stands shouting “give up, you’re going to get beat. I’ve predicted it on the blog”. Because, you see, that’s what I’d have to be doing for your silly comment to have any validity.

Such hard work. Such a childish jibe. If only mummy knew.

• 11 Mister Tuff // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:11 AM

Blockhead – typical – as usual fails to answer the questions -but quick at running his gob off. What a knacker.

• 12 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:22 AM

Tuffty

You accuse me of more fable and invention. Do you realise what a chump you are in making your original childish statement in the first place. If that wasn’t bad enough you repeat it.

I said you said that you would not do what I did, namely seek revenge. So, you reply:

“When in fact what I did say was :-
    “Mister Tuff // Jun 25, 2015 at 10:05 PM

Your tactics are no surprise.”

The clear implication is that it is not something you would do and you wouldn’t use such tactics. So, that’s why I said you said that you would not do such a thing.

My god it’s hard work spoon feeding a child.

• 13 expatmag // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:26 AM

Tuff

I really dont understand why you dont just ignore this 24 carat plonker mate. He is not worth the time and energy mate.

Read Ibizas reply to him on a thread recently. That was class and shut the twat up.

• 14 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:27 AM

Blackley, I know that comment is between you and tuff but I thought you should know that it gave me a headache.

• 15 Mister Tuff // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:31 AM

Blockhead – more twisted crap as usual.
    You’ve just blurted out that you never gave up hope of a win on the last day of the season. More fables from Walter Mitty.
    Oh just hang on -what’s in this post I just found :-
    “Blackley and Brownlie // May 24, 2015 at 2:01 PM
    Betsy
    How can the players or fans take Carver’s words seriously? Every game has been a must win cup final. Week after week the same old sh1te.

The fact is he is tactically inept. That’s not going to change today. So I can’t see us getting a result. Hull have everything to play for and Man Utd have nothing. That tells me one thing.”

Top rallying cry “… I can’t see us getting a result”.
    What a knacker. More fables and invention.
    And at that I’m off – wasted too much of my time sorting out your weasel words.

• 16 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:39 AM

Tuffty
    You say, “what a tart – what a knacker.

Where has this little outburst come from? We know you embarrassed yourself big time on the King Percy incident, looking like a complete plonke after setting out your exposition of the law in your usual supercilious manner, and missing the whole point in your eagerness to show off. But bringing it up time after time and stating you are right doesn’t change the facts and doesn’t restore any credibility that you thought you had.

We’re all tired of you bringing it up and claiming victory like a battered boxer raising his hand in desperation. Thats why I’ve asked you politely to run through the issue once again so that we can put it to bed for good. You’ve proved tonight you can cut and paste so do it. Let’s have it out. I’ve invited you several times to do this but each time you bottle it.

When asked what qualifcations you’ve got, you’ve told us you got your legal knowledge from studying books. That would explain exactly what we’re seeing in this case. You’ve got no legal qualifications. You are self taught. That makes you limited unless you’re so talented you don’t need university tuition.

• 17 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:52 AM

Hahahaha Tuff @15
    What are you drinking tonight? Anyone will read that and see what you excitedly quote is a prediction on a blog. In order to score some childish point, in desperation you’re conflating my prediction on a blog and what I was talking about with BandB, namely going to the match and cheering the lads on to a win.

They’re two separate things. Both compatible. Neither incompatible. Perfectly justified to predict a loss on a blog but go to the match, cheer the lads on and hope we can do win, knowing that the crowd can help realign the odds a little. The rallying cry was for the fans to turn out in force and despite our worst fears, help the ladson to victory. If they give us something to cheer, we could just do it.

You really are a tortured litlle man behaving like a child. It’s about time mummy came along to give you the usual succour when she sees her little boy getting picked on after he’s kicked off with folk.

• 18 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:55 AM

Blackley et Tuff

Have your petty arguments really reached that personal level??? Oh dear.

You two are clearly never going to agree so can one of you be the bigger man and just leave it??

It’s getting kind of repetitive and boring now, at the end of the day this is just a blog on the Internet that doesn’t effect your lives at all. Give it a rest?? For the sake of the blog. Please? 🙂

• 19 Novocastrian66 // Jun 26, 2015 at 2:01 AM

WTF are those two banging on about? Oh, by the way that’s a rhetorical question.

• 20 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 26, 2015 at 2:04 AM

Tuffty
    Please don’t ever let me forget this one. Comedy Classic.

“Charnley has been pricing the players since 2008 when Llambias was MD. Get the bloody facts first you knacker.”

“Right Derek. How much are we going to offer for this lad?”

“I don’t know Lee. What do you reckon? Have you asked Graham?”

“Why do I need to ask Graham? I’ve been pricing the players since 2008.”

“To be fair Lee, Graham is the football man.”

“Bollox that Derek. I get my knowledge from studying books. Shoot Annuals.”

• 21 Mister Tuff // Jun 26, 2015 at 2:18 AM

Graham Carr interview April 2012.
    ““I think at Newcastle that we haven’t been able to pay the big fees, so, Darren, we’ve gone for what you might call realistic targets, you know. But I just go and watch matches. I go and pick up three matches in Holland, three in France over the weekend, or midweek, or in Germany and I get a list of names together, sit down with the manager, Derek Llambias and Lee Charnley and our staff and we discuss them. Then, if we think we want to sign one then Lee Charnley goes and gets a price for him.”.

Blockhead dear dear you are wrong again -Carr quote saying Lee Charnley get the price. Now then do you understand that – it’s called a quote.

• 22 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 26, 2015 at 2:25 AM

Burnley
    I’ve tried to do that. I even told his mate Expat the other day for the sake of the blog I’m happy to cut him some slack. When I’m not laughing at him, I’m feeling embarrassed for him. The trouble is he can never converse reasonably and respectfully for very long so my sympathy doesn’t last.

I’m prepared to cut him slack again and you can be my witness. He doesn’t have to agree with people but he doesn’t need to act like an arse when someone disagrees with him.

He can’t let the King Percy incident pass because he made such an idiot of himself. That’s where it started.

He’d be better off ignoring me. That’s what people tell him to do but he can’t. I ignore him until he starts.

• 23 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 26, 2015 at 2:37 AM

OMG Tuff@21 Are you for real? That means Charnley approaches the other club to see what price they’re asking. Thats what admin men do. Charnley will negotiate based on the price quoted by the other club and NUFC’s top valuation supplied to him by his football people.

In no way does that mean Charnley is pricing the players in terms of valuing them, which is what I have clearly talking about in numerous posts.

You buffoon. You couldn’t make it up. Put your drink down and go to bed. Stop flapping and looking for quote after quote to dig yourself out. You’re only digging deeper.

Your credibility is shot mate. The only people who will back you now are the usual blog numpties and high fivers.

• 24 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 26, 2015 at 4:28 AM

More on Cathro

• 25 willowdalerez // Jun 26, 2015 at 4:38 AM

Exciting appointment…. love the fact he has a track record of bringing through young talent andgo

• 26 expatmag // Jun 26, 2015 at 4:57 AM

Blackley

For the sake of the forum, will you please f**k off.

Your childish antics are boring and senseless. Most of the posters on here are fed up with your continual jibes at people.

The mummies boy bit to Mr. Tuff is ridiculous and something I last came across at school half a century ago.

Furthermore, would it actually cross your mind that he may have actually lost his mother recently and your jibes bring back some difficult memories for him?

You have also recently managed to do something no other poster on here has managed to do since the inception of this blog. You actually managed to upset Ibizatoon, one of the more likeable knowledgeable and respected people on this blog.

You manage to continually turn people against you with monotonous regularity and have succeeded totally in making yourself the laughing stock of the blog. Well done.

My advice to all posters is to ignore your inane ravings and childish tantrums. There is no reward at all in getting into a discussion with a numpty like you.

Move on.

• 27 willowdalerez // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:02 AM

Damn tablet…. Anyway to finish as a Scot he may feel close enough to stick around go things go well for him. Hope McClaren can bring in some players as promising because I so relish the thought of being excited come late season as opposed to worried we’ll go down!

To the real cynics on here call me a muppet but Sportsdirect is going to pocket a few extra when I buy my daughter her first toon shirt this season!

Time to see if Ashley was all talk (firmly in the Ashley out camp if he baldly lied to us) but I’ll also be holding McClaren and Cathro’s feet to the fire if we run another season of uninspired long ball big???? They too have talked a big game to the papers time to deliver one on the pitch ????

• 28 NOVA2967 // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:26 AM

Sounds like to much sun…

• 29 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 6:02 AM

No wonder this blogs gone downhill

• 30 Mister Tuff // Jun 26, 2015 at 6:04 AM

Blockhead – inventing stuff again -you say you ignore me until I start – – you just invent stuff. I posted something yesterday and no sooner had I done it you were on slagging me off. It’s there for all to see. You just make stuff up – quite worrying -you are one sick hombre.
    From now on I’m just going to ignore your sniping and rubbish posts.
    You are one sick person – no wonder you were banned from the other blog.

• 31 expatmag // Jun 26, 2015 at 6:11 AM

Tuff

And soon to be banned from this one too…….as I understand it.

• 32 expatmag // Jun 26, 2015 at 6:31 AM

Jazzy

Too true mate. It appears gone are the days when decent discussion without childishness was the norm. Some on here seem to be intent on spoiling it fir the majority.

• 33 Santon03 // Jun 26, 2015 at 6:33 AM

possible signing(s) from this list?

I like Gauld, good dribbling and through passes could be future playmaker.

• 34 Santon03 // Jun 26, 2015 at 6:37 AM

also like Shkodran Mustafi

• 35 firebug666 // Jun 26, 2015 at 6:42 AM

So the backroom staff are starting to come together, and it’s looking good, some could even say exciting.

This overhaul is long overdue, and I don’t think it is done for the fans out of the kindness of the clubs heart.

Whilst it very welcome, and a more positive change in direction by the club, I can’t help feeling pessimistic; I have no trust in our club.

I want to be more optimistic, I want to say things like “now we’ll show them eh!” And maybe we will, but eight years of being lied to, eight years of deception from the club have made it difficult for me to think better things are around the corner.

We now need some quality players brought in, some deadwood shipped out and a football philosophy running throughout the club.

After eight years of negativity for the fans, I hope this is the start of eight years of positivity, but as this is Newcastle who knows.

• 36 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 6:50 AM

We are getting real close to signing the Serb Aleksander Mitrovic
    There are 3 clubs in the running
    Benfica – his preferred option
    Swansea – bid 14 million euro , will go no higher
    Newcastle – preparing a bid of 17/18 million euro , way out of Benfica’s range.
    Anderlecht will have the final say which makes us favourites

• 37 toonincheek // Jun 26, 2015 at 6:51 AM

It’s all gone quiet on van Ginkel.
    No news that it’s off, or on.

Could it be that van Ginkel is interested but
    waiting to see what other signings we make
    before making a commitment?

I wouldn’t blame him, or other targets, if that’s
    the case..

• 38 cyprus // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:01 AM

Careful there. I sense… optimism!

Anyway, things are changing. Does this mean success? Not necessarily, but it’s movement and we needed that.

Now, we need a couple big transfers.

After that: some real coaching. Our players probably aren’t as bad as we’ve seen. I mean, can they really not pass a ball? Can they really not go beyond one tactic in set plays?

I keep saying CL and people chuckle. I’d love that to happen… but: I want to see some good football this year, some amazing goals, a real team that can get me off my seat and make me feel proud of.

• 39 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:09 AM

Please refrain from using the word “optimism” on here as you will be shot down for being a mashley lover…… Wink wink

• 40 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:10 AM

According to this we are really ticking off Juventus and Inter who normally just have to say they want a player and they get their way.The Toon however is clumping around Europe waving it’s cheque book and rocking the boat.
    Monac have rejected 17 million from us for Aymen Abdennour but we are returning with a bid of 20.

• 41 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:10 AM

McCreery;s opinion

• 42 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:13 AM

Jib
    Theres no way on gods green earth either Charnley or Mashers have been waving cheque book around!

• 43 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:13 AM

Expat
    I dont know why they just dont ignore one another. Nothing is to be gained on there game of one up manship.
    As the saying goes on here ” skip by there post”

• 44 firebug666 // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:14 AM

TFL

It wasn’t a cheque book, it was Carr’s bus pass.

• 45 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:15 AM

hahaha Firebug

• 46 Lilongwe Geordie // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:21 AM

Jib,
    Highly unlikely. I doubt Juve would be too worried, fairly certain they would feel confident in getting the player if we both had bids accepted. This just looks like an agent touting the player to drum up interest and give him bargaining power when negotiating wages.

• 47 Lilongwe Geordie // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:24 AM

I’m not convinced by this Schoenmaker. Don’t know much about him, but a lot of the excuses for Derby’s awful end to the season (2 wins in last 13) was down to fitness and injury problems from what I have read/been told.

Hopefully working with Steve Black they can solve our ongoing issues, and there knowledge and style compliments each other to get the best from what we have.

• 48 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:25 AM

This one says The Toon are no longer interested in Jordy Clasie but are still interested in Marco vanGinkel and Joel Veltman but they mention the Chronic so take with a pinch of salt.

If you could compare The Toon to a WWll bomber raiding Europe (Wing Commander Charnley with Co pilot Carr) they are throwing out a lot of chaff.

• 49 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:28 AM

Why is the club not announcing any of these people? why do we need to hear about this through the paper first.

…don’t like the way this club operates. It’s so amateurish!

• 50 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:29 AM

whoops

• 51 firebug666 // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:31 AM

Lilo

It would be a massive plus if we could keep most of our players fit.

I think a change in the players attitude will go a long way to motivating them and Steve Black will give them that, and hopefully they will be less likely to cry off with an alleged niggling injury.

Like you I’m not so sure about Schoenmaker, but he has been with McClaren for a long time and he seems to rate him.

• 52 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:32 AM

That’s right Jesper , you blame the club for everything else , you might as well blame it for what the Belgian and Italian newspapers are printing.

• 53 Santon03 // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:33 AM

I still think he is the best ever defensive midfielder, no player can be as good as him.

• 54 cyprus // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:34 AM

OK Marcos,
    now just beat this Istomin character and we’ll talk about the final later. Wimbledon? After you win this first mate.

• 55 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:39 AM

Schoenmaker only started at Derby last summer
    They started the season up to Christmas like a train then as we know tailed off dramatically.
    How much of the blame for that can be laid at the door of a sports scientist I don’t know.
    Lilo what exactly does a sports scientist do?

• 56 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:41 AM

Jeff…when are you going to just contribute something to this blog?

…you spend quite alot of time on here. Have you ever tried doing the math and see what you actually could be making if you got a job instead?

• 57 Lilongwe Geordie // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:43 AM

Jib,
    According to the Derby County website a couple of weeks back he was actually in charge of fitness and conditioning, there equivalent of Billows for us essentially.

• 58 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:49 AM

Lilo
    When he first joined Derby last July he was supposed to be working with Steve Haines

• 59 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:52 AM

Ha ha ha -Jesper the All Scandinavian Whining champion commenting on other peoples contibution to the blog

• 60 Santon03 // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Lilo

Not sure Juve going for Abde, they have Bonucci, Chiellini, Barzzagli national team’s cb as well as Ogbonna as back up and Rugani pushing through highly rated 20yrs old cb.
    I think it’s just his agent trying to get him as much money as possible by saying Juve, Barca, Bayern, etc want him.

• 61 Santon03 // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:01 AM

Lilo

I agree with you on Abde (supposed to be there).

sorry, why is it sometimes what I already typed gone missing?

• 62 Toonfan8 // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:11 AM

Abdennour would be fantastic acquisition, but there is a small chance of getting him, he had great season at Monaco and half a Europe want him…But who know, if Ashley is desperate, he can get players in, like in that winter…If we can persuade him, I would be over the moon

• 63 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:12 AM

Jeff…but am I wrong?

• 64 Lilongwe Geordie // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:15 AM

Jib,
    Yeah, I have seen that. Not really sure then, either way, hopefully he and Black will work well together. Someone needs to sort out these injury issues, they have been plaguing us for years now – since long before Pardew et al turned up.

• 65 optimistic prime // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:23 AM

I see the blog is still being over run with the most important person in his own mind.

Even ignoring him is hard due to the amount of other bloggers replying, half the blog is his BS the other half replies to his BS.

• 66 Tsunki // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:30 AM

Aside from the epic battle of Blackley v Tuff there seems to be a lot of optimism, with Munster Mag suggesting the majority of the blog should eat humble pie and thank the club for their wonderful gestures, however there is a valid caveat posted here that the club haven’t done much to keep us informed about the ‘new’ coaching setup, leaving it to press snippets rather than announcements. Maybe the “preferred media partners ” are our official outlet now?

Upshot is, still waiting for signings, still have to see what team we are shaping up to be, still have to see some results. So. No lavishing praise on bended knee from me just yet, still waiting.

• 67 Jail for Ashley // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:32 AM

Well this assistant manager seems to be a step in the right direction, seems to be very much his own man which gives me a little bit of hope, if anything Steve Mclaren seems to be saying the right things, they just need to deoiver now.
    Can’t understand that people are trying to rub in the fact that people were concerned that Carver would get the assistant job, he kept telling us he was getting it, therefore somebody at the club told him he was going to be still employed in some capacity, nothing like refreshing honesty.

• 68 JamesToon // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:32 AM

Apparently we’ve made an offer for Ron Vlaar along with four other clubs

• 69 optimistic prime // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:34 AM

Has it been confirmed by the club!

Can’t see out

• 70 Jail for Ashley // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:35 AM

Tsunki,
    Pardews departure had more of effect on Munster than most people realise, now he’s gone he doesn’t know who to rage at and why.

• 71 The Vicar // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:37 AM

Excellent appointment. Anyone who can get Rio Ave to sixth and restore the fortunes of the Bats has to be worth the effort. A far better appointment than others mooted over the last few weeks.

We just need the players now.

• 72 expatmag // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:39 AM

OP

Been advised by Ed today that action will be taken against the serial pest soon.

• 73 Jail for Ashley // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:39 AM

OP,
    I don’t think so, hope they don’t screw up with his wage demands.

• 74 expatmag // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:42 AM

Vicar

It might take them a while but when he gets his staff in place and training is up and going, I expect to see marked improvement in the fitness and football produced by even our current crop of playerrs.

• 75 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:42 AM

What a strange word to use , overrun.
    9 posts in over 100 minutes (this being the 9th)
    My first pop at another poster took over an hour
    Your first pop was your opening post
    Thats all you can do
    Like many others on here you rarely talk about football you just comment disparagingly on other posts and posters.
    You are not unique in this by the way nor is this blog , cyberspace seems to be full of people with social problems.
    It’s probably very useful , if you weren’t on here you probably be in the local park drinking meths and harrassing passersby.

• 76 expatmag // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:48 AM

James

Not sure whether I would want Vlaar although anyone would be an improvement on our current crop.

• 77 stripes1009 // Jun 26, 2015 at 9:58 AM

Just watched a clip on ‘you tube’ of the young scot that Ian Cathro coached. Looks a very good prospect. Ha s all the right ingredients in his looker. Hope we are looking to bring him in!

previous post: This Could Be Steve McClaren’s Back-Room Staff