The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle May Be Favorites To Sign This Top Center-Back

3:10 pm, Friday, June 26th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 163 Comments

The Mail have said Newcastle are one of five clubs who have offered 30 year-old Aston Villa and Dutch International Ron Vlaar a deal.

With two of our three strikers being 30 years old or over (Colo is 33 and Williamson is 31) , we would have thought Newcastle would try to bring in a number of younger central defenders this summer, but the news is we have offered Ron a deal to come to Newcastle.

ron vlaar great close-up

Ron Vlaar – 30 year-old Aston Villa free agent

With his contract running out next Tuesday we suppose the 31 times capped Dutch International will soon be announcing which club he will join, and of course Vlaar had an excellent World Cup for Holland last summer.

He’s also an experienced Premier League defender, having been at Villa for three years since joining them from Feyenoord and e’;s played for Villa 88 times with two goals.

Maybe one of the changes Newcastle will make is to have short-term strategies as well as buying younger players who will improve while at the club.

Sometimes Newcastle will need to bring in older players that can do a job for us over say over the next three years, and both short-term and long-term strategies are needed for better recruitment at the club.

It’s also still possible that Ron could sign a deal for Aston Villa and stay there, although he may want to join a club in the Premier League that doesn’t struggle with relegation every year as Villa have done these last four seasons.

Newcastle would not be that club, if that’s what he’s thinking, and Tim Sherwood seems to know what he’s doing and will make Villa stringer during the summer transfer window.

But the Daily Mail and the Birmingham Mail are both reporting that Newcastle may be the favorites to sign Vlaar,  with Southampton and Sunderland being two of the other clubs interested.

He would look a lot better in black and white stripes than red and white stripes.

Maybe we do have a chance of signing Ron?

The more I think about it the more Ron could be an excellent signing for us – and he could get the job done over the next three seasons.

What do you think?

Tags: Free Agent · Newcastle News · Recruitment · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

163 responses so far ↓

• 1 Lindisfarne // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:14 PM

Pardew Oot! – CHECK

Carver & Stone Oot! – CHECK

Ashley Oot!

Wallet Oot!

Players Oot!

• 2 Graeme // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:14 PM

Sell Saylor, Colo, Willo and bring in Vlar plus another experienced, but younger version. Maybe even 2 younger players who can grow into our future CB pairing.

• 3 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:16 PM

No thanks. Villa fans think he’s had a poor season.
    May have had a decent world cup which made clubs sit up and notice, But don’t see the point when he is close to Colo in form and age.
    A better option than Willo but for me that’s as far as the positives go

• 4 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:17 PM

I think if he’s a free agent snap him up.
    He is not to be considered as part of our main transfer business though.
    Surprised Villa don’t offer him an 18 month or rolling contract to be fair.

• 5 WWSBRD // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:17 PM

I’d take Vlaar but need more certainly

• 6 walton1984 // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:17 PM

I think everyone agrees the club needs sorted top to bottom!!!!!!!
    regardless what people say Ashley aint goin now where

1. We have a new Board 3 football men and 1 businessman
    2. New Manager
    3. Cleared the decks of evey coach we have… all gone
    So Next steps
    4. New Coaching Staff in place… which will happen anytime now…
    5. Starting addressing the football side of it Signin, Selling, assessing current Squad

Last Season only finished 30 Days ago…. players all went on holiday, International all played 2 weeks then went on holidays…. Transfers are only starting too happen now for other team…..I will judge squad on in & out transfers on 1st Sept (Yes i would like them in ASAP)

I am Currently Happy with everything this pre-season, No saying New Board, Manager, Coaches will be better but at least it has all been addressed and Changed (hopefully Fixed and improved)

• 7 Lilongwe Geordie // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:18 PM

Why get rid of Elliot? We need 3 keepers on the books so that Woodman can be out on loan from anytime now. I don’t think we would get much better than Elliot to come and play 2nd or 3rd fiddle at the moment.

I’d prefer a younger third choice, who didn’t have to be named, but they need to have had experience of first team football at league level – the fall point for Alnwick last season.

• 8 WWSBRD // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:20 PM

From the last thread u said about Ferguson wanting 4 top strikers at Man Utd and compared us to that, I disagree mate Ferguson was fighting to win the league and 3 cups

We fight to stay in 1 league not sure we would want 3 top strikers let alone 4

• 9 Lindisfarne // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:21 PM

I would agree on letting Collo go and I would suggest just using Janmaat in the centre as he has the same calm confidence and ability to bring the ball out, which is what some think we will miss if he is not a full back.

On Vlaar, he does appear to cause problems for opponents to get around except for the quicker high quality teams. Would definitely be an up grade but could the undoubted high wages be used better to finance a more athletic defender.

• 10 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:23 PM

Sorry mate I may have misunderstood. We have 3 keepers on the books don’t we. So Woodman can gout on loan ??

• 11 Lindisfarne // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:25 PM

Lilongwe Geordie

I don’t know if he is still available or has signed a new bench warming deal, but a Keeper like Richard Wright would be a better option to Elliot. I do understand that NUFC is not the most attractive destination for a a 2nd choice keeper, especially as Darlow will be looking to gain experience also.

• 12 Sir Eric // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:26 PM

Janmaat played quite well in CB, but I don’t like sacrificing his offensive capability by putting him in the middle. He had a good amount of assists for us by playing out wide, and I’m not confident we would be able to make up for that with the current squad.

• 13 Lilongwe Geordie // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:26 PM

Yes, at the minute. But Lindisfarne had him down as one who needs to be gone as a priority. I don’t see it that way personally. I wouldn’t be happy if we let Elliot go and subsequently hampered the development of Woodman and/or Woolston.

• 14 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:27 PM

My point was mate if were to bring in Austin and he suffered an injury. Cisse cannot be relied upon for a full season because of his injury record.
    That leaves us in the same vulnerable position as we are now. There is no way I would put our PL status on the shoulders on Riviere. So just bringing in 1 CF would not be enough in my opinion

• 15 WWSBRD // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:28 PM

Janmaat at CB? Why? We can get actual CBs to play there we don’t even have a back up RB to allow us to move Janmaat

• 16 Lilongwe Geordie // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:28 PM

Richard Wright was on the retained list. I don’t see the need to chop and change that area unless Elliot is desperate for a move, and is causing problems at the club to force one. I doubt the club would try and bring in a replacement for him, given the other requirements for the season.

• 17 Lindisfarne // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:29 PM

I forgot to put Haidara on the list of players that need to prove themselves. I just hope all the attention on a marquee striker has not taken the focus away from sorting out the defence.

• 18 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:30 PM

This is Anderlecht’s own website
    They are saying we have offered the most for Mitrovic

Why it is in German and not French or Dutch I have no idea

• 19 WWSBRD // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Also have Perez mate, de Jong and Armstrong club would have 6 who can play up top if they bring in another ST

• 20 Shaker Shakrah // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Everything I read !!! RUBBISHHHHHHHH these days .

• 21 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:31 PM

Fair point bud !!. I think Darlow will prove to be a better keeper in the long run to Elliott, Which will give Woodman time progress through the ranks.
    I was surprised Alnwick was not given a rolling 1-2 year contract than being dumped as he was

• 22 Lindisfarne // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:31 PM

Lilongwe Geordie

OK – I will submit there is not a desperate need to replace Elliot but I take it you agree with Gouffran, Obertan, Willo, S.Taylor, Ferguson?

• 23 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:33 PM

It’s possible the Waloons and the Flems (?) use German as a common language. Just a theory. I have no idea why they would do that.

• 24 Lilongwe Geordie // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:34 PM

I think that is a fan site, similar to this blog or .com.

This is the official site, and there are no mentions of it on there. Is Praet still with Anderlecht? He is another very good youngster, and could be one to grow into our playmaker role.

• 25 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:34 PM

Young Woodman is going to Oxford United

• 26 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:36 PM

As much as I rave about Siem de jong. He as of yet has to prove his fitness.
    Perez again will be a cracking player I grant you that, but would not rely on him to to score a vast amount of goals to keep us up.
    If we were to sign the likes of Mitrovic and Austin who are both natural goal scorers, This would guarantee us around 30 goals per season. I don’t see Riviere…..Perez and Arma scoring that between em pal

• 27 Lilongwe Geordie // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Yeah, I’d add Marveaux to that list as well. Thing is, I can’t see people coming in for them, or matching their current earnings, so I think we are more likely to see Tiote, Cisse, Sissoko depart, and maybe a few released on free’s, or loaned out towards the end of the window.

• 28 Lilongwe Geordie // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:38 PM

Is that a done deal? I’d seen a couple of things linking him. Good, ideally him and Arma, plus Satka, Sterry and any other 17/18 year old too good for academy but not first team ready can have deals arranged ASAP, so they can get pre season in with their new team mates, and hit the ground running.

• 29 WWSBRD // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:39 PM

It’s how the club will see it mate, no way we are bringing in more than 1 striker if Cisse is staying…might not even bring in 1

• 30 Lindisfarne // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:39 PM

Sir Eric

It is not a strong expectation especially if new C. defenders are brought in, but I do think Janmaat & Collo have similar stature both physical and in the squad (both not the best at heading also). Rather than losing his abilities as a full back, I would say gain his distribution and ability to drive forward in the middle. It then allows our younger defenders to start getting games at right back, but it is a balance, a new right sided CD or fullback is a definite need plus the same on the left.

• 31 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:40 PM

Hasn’t he been injured alot last season?

• 32 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:42 PM

• 33 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:42 PM

we are 8/11 to sign Austin and 3/1 to sign Konoplyanka

• 34 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:43 PM

Any development on the coaching front?

…the club is silent as always.

• 35 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:44 PM

I should of course said Anderlecht approved blog
    The Oxfordshire press are saying so
    They aren’t as coy about news as NUFC
    Does Freddy still live with his folks cos with his dad at CP Oxford is a good move

• 36 Lindisfarne // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:45 PM

Lilongwe Geordie

I am sure I have read someone say that NUFC would be better paying those players contracts off and using the space to bring new players in. Save on the hassle of having them hanging around or time pursuing a loan for them. The case of 1 good match in 10 for Obertan is diabolical and he is obviously not a good player.

• 37 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:45 PM’s betting mate 😉

…they are in it for the money! Ignore it!

• 38 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:45 PM

You could be well right mate. If we don’t bring in another recognised forward and stay with what we currently have, Then I only see a fight with relegation again. And I don’t believe Mashley wants that again especially with the vast amount of money on offer through tv rights alone

• 39 WWSBRD // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Tbf before Pardew left we weren’t fighting relegation, left the club without a manager for half the season is why we ended up so far down

I don’t think there will be as big of a change as what people want

• 40 WWSBRD // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:49 PM

Even then we finished 15th

• 41 Lilongwe Geordie // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:50 PM

His dad is still with us isn’t he? I haven’t heard of any departure as of yet. It would be a handy move though if his dad were at Palace and he went to Oxford. Would make settling there far easier.

Yeah, there are a few that it would be just as easy to release, but i guess that costs money, and the club don’t like to part with it too readily. Cut losses with Ferguson, he isn’t on big cash, so paying up his deal won’t matter too much. The others though will all be on reasonable cash, so paying them up will add up.

• 42 Thump // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:55 PM

@jesper: Take a look for yourself, mate. If he’s bad with injuries at Villa, we’ll end up burying the poor lad.

• 43 Mister Tuff // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:55 PM

The Anerlecht website offers a variety of languages.
    Go to “Sprache” extreme right on the header bar (means language) and select English.

• 44 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:55 PM

I assumed with Eric Steel coming it was all change
    The story was here
    But they’ve changed it for a story about their No1 keeper getting a call up for the Kiwis

• 45 Brian Pinas // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:55 PM

My mate’s an Oxford United fan and has texted me three times to tell me this Woodman story is bollox. He’s obviously annoyed at what he sees as lazy journalism. I couldn’t give a toss to be honest, but he’ll go to some league 2 team on loan you’d think.

• 46 Mister Tuff // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:56 PM

error Anderlecht.

• 47 Lilongwe Geordie // Jun 26, 2015 at 3:59 PM

Yeah, who knows. They still haven’t officially announced Cathro. I think Woodman will only leave if Palace pay compensation for him, unless McClaren is adamant he doesn’t want Woodman.

• 48 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 26, 2015 at 4:01 PM

Thump…I seem to remember I had him in my fantasy football team and he was always out injured!

• 49 beermonkey // Jun 26, 2015 at 4:03 PM

riviere will score goals I don’t think he will be prolific but he will score
    hopefully we will change our style of play and have players getting into the box players like cabella and others should be allowed to get into positions where they contribute more

when you look at the last few seasons we only have one maybe 2 players in the box hopefully this will change

• 50 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 4:11 PM

Afternoon mate
    I just don’t see Riviere as a prolific forward. His record throughout his career has been mediocre at best. What is it 40 odd goals in over 200 appearances tells me he is not a player that will keep you up in the PL.
    As I said earlier I would have sooner bought LDJ for 2-3 mill than have paid 6.5 mill for Riviere

• 51 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 4:22 PM

And in other news
    Inter’s purchase of Montoya from Barcelona means Santon is out the door probably to Roma and he ain’t a happy bunny.

• 52 aussiemag // Jun 26, 2015 at 4:26 PM

Hes on a free
    Hes as good as ours

• 53 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 4:29 PM

A lot of Agent’s claiming that 2 new players coming in to Nufc next week……interesting !

• 54 John Tudor // Jun 26, 2015 at 4:35 PM

just get this then put the wum /dicheeds names in voila peace in our time

• 55 aussiemag // Jun 26, 2015 at 4:39 PM

Do you have an actual factual link to that yarn your threading?

• 56 ilovetoon8788 // Jun 26, 2015 at 4:41 PM

2 new players next week? I think we’ve been told this for the last 3 to 4 weeks..

• 57 beermonkey // Jun 26, 2015 at 4:41 PM

I thought ldg for 2 3 mill was a bargain considering we tried to pay a lot more for him the year before
    his shot was weak but all round game looked ok
    same as riviere gets into good positions but fluffs his lines

hopefully a lot will change on the pitch I like the coaches we seem to be bringing in, so I can see it benefiting players like rivere cabella
    truth is like obertan and others were stuck with them lets hope improved coaching will make them look better and we can move them on

• 58 Belfast // Jun 26, 2015 at 4:45 PM

I assume by agents he means the “football agents” from the twitter world that aren’t actually football agents.

• 59 Brummie // Jun 26, 2015 at 4:49 PM

It’s being very quite today they must of gone for an early weekend. Still no new players….come lee u Baldwin slap head do something. Ashley put your money where your mouth is. Carr we need quality and strength. Get rid of williamson and gouffran they don’t cut it

• 60 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 4:51 PM

Indeed as Belfast so politely put it was through twitter. So it was no yarn.
    Just sharing info what is doing the rounds pal that’s all !

• 61 Slank // Jun 26, 2015 at 4:52 PM

On the assumption that we get a new centre forward where does this leave Perez as he has shown he has a goal scoring instinct ?

Will McClaren play 4-4-2 with Perez alongside the centre forward or will he play on the wing in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-1-3 formation ?

Thoughts anyone ?

• 62 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 4:54 PM

I hope your right mate Re the new coaching staff getting the best out of the current crop of players we have.
    Should a player who gets paid 30-40-50k a week really need to be coached tho ??

• 63 aussiemag // Jun 26, 2015 at 4:57 PM

I thought i was being polite personally i thought Belfast was taking the Mickey

But thankyou for clearing that up problem with twatter like Belfast states is everyone on there thinks there either an agent or a top drawer manager or player.

Poor sick fools ey

• 64 aussiemag // Jun 26, 2015 at 4:59 PM

Either out wide on the wing in 433 or maybe even a 4231

• 65 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:00 PM

What “HE” taking the mickey…….never, Who would have thought it. Like I said mate, Just sharing info whats out there……Believable or not.

• 66 Slank // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:00 PM

‘..Should a player who gets paid 30-40-50k a week really need to be coached tho ??…’

It’s the same for nearly all sports.

Does Messi or Ronaldo get coaching ? How do you improve someone who is the very best in their sport ?

• 67 beermonkey // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:05 PM

do players on 30k a week need to be coached I would say yes as we have seen the affect bad coaching has had on them

• 68 GeordieTwo // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:05 PM

How is it possible for a club as poor as we were last season to go this long without signing a single player? It’s another sign of complete incompetence. Charnley out! Harrumph.

• 69 GeordieTwo // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:07 PM

I feel that in order to improve our results we may need to play 7-3-3 next season and hope nobody notices!

• 70 aussiemag // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:07 PM

Im with you Geordie 2 Harumph!!!!

• 71 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:07 PM

How the hell do you coach a player like messi, simple you don’t because he is just pure natural talent. much like the maligned Ronnie O Sullivan.
    My point was in my opinion paying a forward 50k a week to score goals and then having to bring in another coach to learn him how to score goals is a p@ss take really.
    Do you think Real Madrid would bring in a coach to learn Ronaldo how to score goals ???

• 72 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:10 PM

Get French Football ?@GFN_France · 31m31 minutes ago
    West Ham United have made a €18m offer for Aymen Abdennour, according to Sky Italia. More to follow.

oooooooooooohhhh dear more yarn from the world of tw@tter hahaha

• 73 Mister Tuff // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:11 PM

Ryder at the Chronic is now saying that Wally has signed up Alessandro Schoenmaker strength and conditioning coach.

• 74 GeordieTwo // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:12 PM

Spot on aussiemag. What on earth is Charnley doing to earn his pay? Does he get good mobile reception while hiding in his closet?

• 75 Jail for Ashley // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:14 PM

WHam have just signed Payet as I switched on SSN, luckily for then Bilic has already been tbere for two and a half weeks.

• 76 GeordieTwo // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:14 PM

I’m still trying to get over the loss of Downey and Billows. Everyone said they were terrific at their jobs. Did Billows give McLaren a thick ear or something? Unbelievable.

• 77 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:14 PM

I know things usually go slow but today seems horrifically slow

• 78 Belfast // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:16 PM

I was just being helpful. If you re read it your post was misleading and sounded like it came from a legitimate source. A anonymous account on twitter is not a legitimate source in my opinion.

• 79 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:21 PM

Nor is half the stories on this blog as Edd’s stuff comes from Editors trying to sell papers, But you read it.
    And I don’t see how it can be mis leading when someone has posted it which again makes it as factual as the story on Vlaar

• 80 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:23 PM

?? ?@EDS_Amy · 4 hrs4 hours ago
    My source at #Nufc tells me 2 in by Tuesday not naming names tho… let’s see about that, the other stuff I’m told I think you know

Oh look wouldn’t want to be misleading !!

• 81 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:26 PM

Would kind of love it if it was true Jazzyp

Have seen a lot of things online that we will be announcing Thauvanin and Austin next week but I wont hold my breath

• 82 John Tudor // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:26 PM

who’s this Twoin is he any good ,where does he play?

• 83 GeordieTwo // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:29 PM

As I’ve always maintained fonging is the best medicine. Start with Charnley in his closet. Then move on and work our way through the squad. Get them back early and work their narsty butts off. Harrumph.

• 84 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:29 PM

Bunga Party

Neither will I mate but we can hope. Austin yes, still unsure on Thauvin tho

• 85 firebug666 // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:30 PM

jazzyp @80

I know the two players.

Both from Korea.

Wee won once, and How Lang Sinse.

• 86 Belfast // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:30 PM

So because I read Eds blog I have to believe and agree with everything he writes ? Lol

You have no evidence they are real football agents mate. It’s very likely they are not football agents.

If you can’t see it’s misleading it’s best to move on.

Forget about it..

• 87 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:31 PM

Come on mashers everyone is doing business open your wallet

• 88 nut meg // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:31 PM

Twoin could be a shoein if he is any good.

• 89 BandB // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:35 PM

I hope a place is found to fit Perez into the formation. I think he is the kind of instinctive natural you talk about.
    I also hope there is room to rest him, to prevent him becoming jaded.
    If we can, we may see a very good player emerge.

• 90 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:37 PM

I never said they were real football agents so twisting again.
    all I did was share info what is currently out there……believable or not.
    Newsnow-Get French football-nufc blog…..the mirror,the sun is all hyped up news to sell stories as is Twatter and Facebook.But you believe what you wish as will I.

• 91 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:38 PM

Anything is better than Willo

• 92 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:40 PM

Can I ask a question, everything is mainly civil in here today which begs a question, has Blackley been banned?

• 93 firebug666 // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:43 PM

Do not temp fate marra……..Shsssssssssss!

• 94 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:43 PM

oh sorry firebug mate

• 95 Belfast // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:48 PM

I twisted nothing mate you wrote it.

No problems with you copying and pasting the last one because I know where it came from.

I hope you get my point now lol

• 96 BandB // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Though I think it is probably time for him to go, and he has never been the greatest footballer, I have a soft spot for Williamson.

He can’t invent a talent he doesn’t have, or claim to have.

He has been fit and willing, a good club man and a trier, the one thing we all claim to want.

The season before last he was, for all these reasons, more admirable and more able than his partner and captain.

I’ve seen a fair few “honest pros” plying their trade at this club, and he is not the worst.

• 97 KevinLee // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:52 PM

Top Center-Back!? what a fuxking joke!

• 98 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:55 PM

Again mate I only wrote what was on the site as does Edd on every article he has posted today
    I hope you get my point to haha
    A debate on how to post….never had that one before “Wink wink”.
    and before you jump down my throat I was being genuine

• 99 GEORDIE69 // Jun 26, 2015 at 5:59 PM

I will copy and paste this on Ed’s posts until it is complete, then will we see if we have any ambition to compete for top 8 in the Premier League and a Trophy. I have left out the players that are not good enough to achieve this currently. I will also remove any that we sell. Time is ticking Mike Ashley as there are only 67 days to go until the transfer deadline.

If we want to win a cup and finish top 8 then these gaps will need filled with top players. If we want to finish mid table to bottom then we could get by with keeping the likes of Taylor, Riviere, Abeid and Ameobi. Non Premiership suited players and Championship class players do not finish top 8 in the Premier League.

GK Krul
    GK Darlow
    GK Elliot (3rd choice only)
    RB Janmaat
    LB Haidara
    CD Lascelles
    CD Colocinni ( For Tsunki and Toonbrother )
    CM Sissoko
    CM Tiote
    CM Colback
    CM Anita ( For Oldgit1, though the lack of height in centre mid is a worry )
    AM De Jong
    AM Aarons
    AM Cabella
    CF Cisse
    CF Perez

• 100 Belfast // Jun 26, 2015 at 6:09 PM

You post what you want Jazzy. The first post was just misleading in my opinion.

I was just being honest with you mate.

• 101 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Glad we cleared that up, Thought we was in for a long night lol

• 102 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 6:14 PM

smiley_nufc ?@smiley_nufc · 2 mins2 minutes ago
    That’s Sky, Gazette and Goal suggesting transfer breakthroughs by end of next week. Cue meltdown when nothing happens..

Hehehe couldn’t help myself….Sorry bud !!

• 103 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 6:21 PM

I am a bit late in this, but wasn’t Twoìn one of the dwarves in “The Hobbit”?

• 104 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 26, 2015 at 6:32 PM×432/southampton-manchester-united-morgan-schneiderlin_3319139.jpg

Interesting statistics considering where Colback is in the table

• 105 lochinvar // Jun 26, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Vlaar might make sense.
    I suspect that McLaren actually has a plan to recruit Northern European players, especially Dutch , maybe Belgian to strengthen the Dutch group already in the club and I’ve mentioned before that Darras Hall to Amsterdam is a an easy hop on a plane for family and friends .
    Meanwhile the lazier Italians and French want La Dolce Vista in London ( unless we reopen the famous club in Newcastle again ) !
    Culturally it makes sense and happy players are better players methinks.

• 106 lochinvar // Jun 26, 2015 at 6:55 PM

• 107 Belfast // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Jazzy, if you’re correct I will apologise. Deal ? 🙂

• 108 welshgeordie9 // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:15 PM

Still no news on transfers then.

• 109 welshgeordie9 // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:17 PM

76dexter53 // Jun 26, 2015 at 10:52 AM

The trolls most definitely winning. Especially that Swansea prick. That,and the pop ups,are the exact reasons i rarely frequent the blog. Zero mods. Needs sorting.

What ever mate.

• 110 dexter53 // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:17 PM

Hes 30! More bullsh*t.

• 111 welshgeordie9 // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:19 PM

Are we the only team in the uk that havent signed anyone.

• 112 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:22 PM

Evening. Nope still no signings…

…i feel i must point out it is more than 9 hours since hibbit said that. On the back of that, i feel I have to ask… was there any point in responding to it? Haway man, just let stuff go.

• 113 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:23 PM

Sorry, not Hibbit,dexter posted it, but my point stands.

• 114 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:24 PM

I think Man Citeh still have not signed anyone.

• 115 welshgeordie9 // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:27 PM

Yeah I know mate, i find it hard sometimes to keep my mouth shut.

• 116 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:27 PM

Oh well. My plea for common sense killed the blog

• 117 welshgeordie9 // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:29 PM

Forgot to ask you the other day, do you think we will get Austin.

• 118 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:30 PM

Hard to say. Never know what is going through penfolds mind. I think we might agree on a fee eventually, and then charmless will manage to offer a pathetic contract

• 119 welshgeordie9 // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:31 PM

It’s alright, I’ve taken your points on board, I’m going to chill from now on.

• 120 welshgeordie9 // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:32 PM

Why are we slow this season after what ashley said.

• 121 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:35 PM

Because he is a fat lying b@stard who wouldnt know what a football was if you tatooed a picture of one on his face,maybe?

• 122 ShirebrookToon // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:37 PM

Two signings by Tuesday I see. Haha pull the other one it’s got bells on

• 123 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:39 PM

Yeah the “line” will move at the last second.

• 124 ShirebrookToon // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:42 PM

Is the line painted with that foam the refs use as it always seems to disappear

• 125 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:44 PM

Are you actually from shirebrook mate

• 126 ShirebrookToon // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:47 PM

Yes live in shirebrook not originally from shirebrook though

• 127 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:48 PM

I’m Mansfield bud,that was the reason for asking

• 128 ShirebrookToon // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:50 PM

Where abouts jazzy?

• 129 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:51 PM

I aint from the shire, sir, mr frodo, sir, if you take my meaning sir. But i lives ‘ere, beggin yer pardon, sir, mr frodo.
    Whos ring are you lord of? 😀

Sorry, couldn’t resist!!

• 130 Belfast // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:53 PM

Is that the sports direct capital of the world? 🙂

• 131 ShirebrookToon // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:53 PM

I was waiting for someone to put that one out there lol

• 132 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:55 PM

If Mashley was a hobbit, he would be Fredegar (Fatty) Bolger.

• 133 ShirebrookToon // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Yes your correct that’s where castle grey skull is located and it’s a fcuking big old place that’s being made bigger as we speak

• 134 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Note:- people who have only seen the films and not read the book will not know who Fatty Bolger is.

• 135 firebug666 // Jun 26, 2015 at 7:57 PM

Nah! I think he would be a Sacksville Baggins, nicking all the silver.

• 136 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:01 PM

Near Batley farm, Pleasley

• 137 ShirebrookToon // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:01 PM

Bargain bin baggins more like

• 138 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:02 PM

Lotho Sackville-Baggins, owner of Hairy-feet direct and NUFC. That makes Charnley the sneaky underhanded Ted Sandyman, who did collude with Lotho and Saruman during the scouring of the shire.

• 139 ShirebrookToon // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:03 PM

Not far from me then jazzy

• 140 firebug666 // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:04 PM

PMSL: I liked that.

Bargain Bin Baggins,

He was founded by the marriage of Longo Baggins to Camellia Sackville, heiress of the Sackville family headship. Their son, Otho Sackville-Baggins, adopted a double name, kept by his wife Lobelia (née Bracegirdle). The family was never well-liked as they were obnoxious and greedy

• 141 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:05 PM

Last time I popped in sports direct it was full of poli

• 142 Belfast // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:06 PM

Yeah I seen the size of it on the despatches programme on channel four.
    It’s f***”* huge.

• 143 mickalfas // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:06 PM

Evening all,still nothing then ,wtf’s going on?

• 144 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:07 PM

Sorry Abe that on my mobi. Was saying last time I was in sports direct it was full of poles and Lithuanians

• 145 ShirebrookToon // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:18 PM

Yeah far too many of them.
    You forgot Bogof baggins mate haha

• 146 ShirebrookToon // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:21 PM

And that was before they built on the other side Belfast.

• 147 jane // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:28 PM

question. sometime in the last 2 or 3 years I seem to remember NUFC going quite a few matches without conceding a goal, can anyone remember this was and who played in defence those games?

• 148 jane // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:33 PM

or did I dream it. may have been longer ago actually.

• 149 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:33 PM

Anyone watching Glasto on BeeB 3
    That mad kid with the NUFC flag is there again !!!!
    ha ha ha

• 150 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:34 PM

Lmao @ Bogof Baggins. Thats fcuking genius. It wins as far as i’m concerned.

• 151 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:35 PM

We were called Arsenal then and the back 4 was Cole Adams Keown and Merson lol

• 152 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:37 PM

or was it Nigel “I’ll flinch if someone makes to throw a punch” Winterburn

• 153 jane // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:37 PM

just been looking at some stats sites and can’t see any long run of games without conceding so maybe I did make it up or am thinking of something else.

• 154 ShirebrookToon // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:37 PM

I think it was willo and mbiwa

Don’t quote me on that though

• 155 ShirebrookToon // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:39 PM

Winterburn Adams keown Dixon

• 156 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:43 PM

Ta Shire
    I always get Merson and Dixon mixed

• 157 ShirebrookToon // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:45 PM

Don’t forget wengers no2 Stevie bould was in there aswell lol

• 158 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:47 PM

With the nine mile stare

• 159 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:49 PM

Oh Dear
    They are leaving Glasto to go to footy

• 160 Pop n Wyn // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:51 PM

At this moment in time, we are without doubt getting relegated next season, stonewall certainties, we are falling further behind every day as other clubs make signings.

Thing is i personally do believe we are going to do some canny business, “player recruitment” (blind faith maybe) but with Raylor n Jonas already gone we are in the negative, squad wise, i think Willo needs shot asap, not literally haha! Obertan and Saylor even though Saylor might get a reprieve, im fed up with the knacka anyway.

No ifs or butts at the very least 6 have to come through the door, quality as well not ones for the future, and maybe a couple of those as well, its time for all the Horsesh.t to STOP.

• 161 beermonkey // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:53 PM

I saw the flag earlier but I am watching the libertines on the live stream

• 162 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 8:56 PM

We are definitely in the box seat for Mitrovic

The Libertines on the red button ?

• 163 martoon // Jun 26, 2015 at 9:01 PM

Jazzyp – if you’re still about sorry I never answered your question this afternoon – damn work 🙂 Yeah renewed our ST’s back in February being on DD and we are in the Sports Bar in the Leazes End not the Milburn!

previous post: Rob Lee’s Negative Assessment Of Newcastle