The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Report Newcastle Ready To Bid €18M For Aleksandar Mitrovic

11:30 am, Friday, June 26th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 51 Comments

20 year-old Aleksandar Mitrovic has been watched by Newcastle all season and the 20 year-old Serbian International had an excellent season for Anderlecht scoring 28 goals in 51 total appearances, but Newcastle have yet to bid for the striker.

Swansea recently came after the 13 times capped International and bid a very decent £10.5M (€15M)for the player, even though his club had said he was not for sale and he staying at Anderlecht.

Aleksandar Mitrovic 98

Aleksandar Mitrovic – Newcastle to bid €18M (£12.6M)?

There were reports over the last few weeks that Newcastle had decided not to go after the Serbian International because of character issues – but that’s was probably a false report and it seems Newcastle have Charlie Austin and Bas Dost as their two top striker targets.

But there’s a new report in in Belgium today that says that both Benfica and Porto are also interested in the striker and that there are many good clubs interested in signing him this summer.

And it goes on to say that Newcastle are expected to bid up to €18M (£12.6M) for the player.

That’s an improved bid from Newcastle after the Swansea bid of €15M (£10.5M) was considered too low bu his Belgium club.

The report suggests that he may prefer Benfica, but that the famous Portuguese club don’t have the funds that Newcastle do to both to meet the transfer fee and also the wages that Aleksandar would want to move from Belgium.

Newcastle have the money – but we are a bit like Scrooge and it still looks like we don’t like spending it – well – not too much of it anyway.

Tags: Newcastle News · Recruitment · Scouting Network · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

51 responses so far ↓

• 1 Lindisfarne // Jun 26, 2015 at 11:31 AM

Wallet Oot!

• 2 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 11:32 AM

Edd paste of the blogger’s !

• 3 Lindisfarne // Jun 26, 2015 at 11:37 AM

What is Edd paste? A breakfast supplement applied to toaste?

• 4 Lindisfarne // Jun 26, 2015 at 11:42 AM

Reading this about Konoplyanka, I get the impression one significant transfer could trip a cascade of subsequent player sales and really get the ‘ball’ moving.

• 5 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 11:46 AM

I think KerplunkKa’Plah will end up being too expensive for Mashers blood.

• 6 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 11:57 AM

Agree mate. The fat controller never gonna pay 100k a week for a player

• 7 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 26, 2015 at 11:57 AM

I note the calls for me to banned and the pleadings to Ed. How do I contact Ed by email?

• 8 Tsunki // Jun 26, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Steve – ” it’s ages since we last played Konoplyanka! ”

Assistant – “Good idea! I’ll get the box out, you pour the pop”

• 9 headtheball // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:00 PM

Is it safe to return or is you know who just biding his time?
    New assistant coach and no you know who. YES!
    Armchair fans IN.

• 10 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:00 PM

Remy Cabella with 1 goal and 2 Premiership assists in 2014/15 for #NUFC.
    De Jong scored just as many and he’s 80% elastoplast

• 11 JP...from The Rock // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:03 PM

Bullsh1t!! I’ll believe it when I see it!

These so called breaking news are really starting to get under my skin now. Nothing has happened yet and it’s all fabricated nonsense.

• 12 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:03 PM

Yeah we’d be lucky if he paid half of that.

SM “We can’t play Konoplyanka, Worf keeps shouting his name and destracting him”

• 13 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:04 PM

Konoplyanka is a great player he was valued at 15 million so why not give him 5 million signing on fee and then wages of say 60k a week ?

He would do well here then say in a years time we can sell him for the 15 or 20 million we would still be making a serious profit would we not? Oh wait I forgot apparently when you buy a player you pay all his wages up front but then dont deduct it when you sell them…. only at our club !!!

• 14 voodoo85 // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:04 PM

I see Santon could soon be back in Premier Legaue:

• 15 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:07 PM

Even 60k would give ashley palpitations, thats even if Kloppyplop would go that low

• 16 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:11 PM

Still maintain that Wijnaldum is the one to go for out of all the midfielders we are linked with

• 17 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:12 PM

@You Couldnt Make it Up

I actually think thats why we have not signed anyone yet everyone knows there is TV money available and wants higher wages also the fact that we were boasting profits I can just imagine agents mentioning that when negotiating !!

Also the effect it could have on the squad morale could be adverse if we give a guy 100 k a week while the rest are only on 15 or 20 k

• 18 Lindisfarne // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:16 PM

Lee Charnley Bunga Party

It is one of those deals that any market trader would be rubbing their hand about, but Lee Charnley is no wheeler dealer.

• 19 jazzyp // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:18 PM

half the squad don’t deserve 15-20k. Never mind a 100k

• 20 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:22 PM

As usual the past penny pinching is holding us back as much as the current penny pinching. It’s a vicious circle that gets more teeth every year.

• 21 nufc 11 // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:22 PM

What the fcuk is with all the smoke and mirrors names and bids all over place without notting happening its a joke. they must really be worried about the lack of ST sales. What happened to the days of doing your bisness in private (if are actually doing any?) and seeing a player holding the shirt that we didnt anything about? Its all to much talk for my liking youd need 10 scouts and 3 chairmen to be prepairing an lodging the bids we are suppose to involved in its bullshit of the highest order 12 million bid for the monaco CB are they fcuking serious? In the same day we are linked with Richard keogh and Craig Dawson championship standard players anything over 6million is a serious push for Mike Ashley dnt believe anything else 12 million bids, 13million bids, 15million for Austin they are paying alot of media men to plant these so called storys of phantom bids and deals nearly done its all LIES, LIES, LIES.

• 22 Our Toon // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:26 PM

Lee bunga

I’d say you are right if other teams hadn’t bought any players as clubs were holding them to ransom. It’s us and man citeh who haven’t bought a single player in. We are penny pinching or leaking to the press bids for unrealistic targets which we know fine well won’t happen. The real targets will lie in the championship!!

That’s my opinion anyway!!

• 23 firebug666 // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:40 PM

I decided to make my life easier, I just ignore all the transfer rumours in the press and watch SSN, if we do make a bid on a player they will here about it first.

• 24 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Has it gone quiet on here or has my phone suffered some kind of stroke?

• 25 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:57 PM

I think Lindisfarne has it right.
    The club is not being tightfisted .
    If you read around these transfers they are all interlinked , like the log jams that sometime occur in the housing market , a sale will go off and whoosh away we go .

• 26 Brian Pinas // Jun 26, 2015 at 12:59 PM

Just watched the Mitrovic video.

Yeah he looks a good player but what’s this pussy licking celebration about?? I know he’s only 20 but he’ll need to cut that out if he’s coming here. What a tool.

• 27 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:01 PM

• 28 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:01 PM

He celebrates goals by running his tongue over cats?? How strange 😀

• 29 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:02 PM

Afternoon fellow fans (well, almost all of you then). 😉

I see we are making rather substantial bids for a lot of players, especially players we have been linked with over a long period of time. However, as others have suggested, this is most likely a ploy by the club into tricking fans into buying season tickets, especially since they’re at an all time low at the moment. I just wish I could hope they were true, yet, at 17 the club have taken away my optimism. Lesson learned.

• 30 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:12 PM

Blimey that Mitrovic is great in the air, I know there his best highlights but he does know how to use his head. We have needed that for a while now, sign him up!!

• 31 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:14 PM

Very quiet on here at the moment, bas time (sorry I mean bad- terrible pun I know, I just couldn’t resist) to post I think, il be back in half an hour guys!

• 32 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:15 PM

The Nation online footy mag is saying.

Turkish side Trabzonspor are trying a double swoop for Newcastle pair Papiss Cisse and Chiek Tiote.

If you look beyond the simple facts of that rumour it could mean they have heard in Turkey that there are going to be big big changes at SJP.
    It cannot be a coincidence that the two biggest mickey takers with regard to time missed are linked together.

• 33 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:16 PM

Bas time? You DOST need to say sorry 😀

• 34 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:17 PM

Rob Lee at it again

• 35 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:17 PM

Brian not a great idea over here

• 36 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:23 PM

I get the impression that Rob Lee has no contacts at all within the club.
    They have said through several sources that they refuse to talk to talk to anyone about outgoings until most of our targets are signed up.

• 37 croftus5678 // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:31 PM

@33 + 35

rob lee is a hammers supporter though isnt he ? he’s not loyal to us.

• 38 criticalsteve73 // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:32 PM

Just more rubbish since mclarens appointment we’ve had a new top priority target every day moving from one none starter to another we will be lucky to get anyone we’re linked with due to Ashley’s just stay in the league policy just been watching Ssn every club in prem is buying early getting there squads sorted we just seem to do all the scouting for other clubs to pinch them,you can see what’s gonna happen again same old we tried to get them in sh@t were a premier league club trying to pay poundland prices €18 million euro for a player don’t know why people write this drivel they must know it will never happen back France’s bargain basement is inevitable.

• 39 Our Toon // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:33 PM

You chatting rubbish again mate? How are Tiote and Cisse the 2 biggest mickey takers when both played more games than Aarons and De Jong?

Tiote got injured when away playing for his country, his place of birth.

Cisse scored the goals that kept us in the prem, missed games earlier in the season through injury, played through the pain barrier and mostly with 1 functional knee, he got a 7 game ban for retaliating to someone who spat at him. I personally would have punched Evans for doing that. The majority of people would react to being spat at!!

• 40 Our Toon // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:35 PM

I’d rather have a player miss games in a season and actually contribute something to the team rather than have an ever present like Riviere or Cabella who werent injured often but contributed nothing!!

• 41 Mister Tuff // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:40 PM

Looks like another no news day. Strange that there is nothing even on the official site about Ian Cathro. It might be that they are going to officially announce the “full new” coaching team next week in one go. But who knows. With all the players back next Wednesday and the window opening the same day, FF on 6th July and the team away on pre season tour a week after that -I anticipate a very busy period coming up.

• 42 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 26, 2015 at 1:42 PM

croftus that would make sense

• 43 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 26, 2015 at 2:03 PM

I think it would be suicide for us to sell Cisse what if we got Austin and he got injured straight away? Left with Perez and Riviere again

We need to keep Cisse and buy Austin this would then give us options to rotate in cups or play the 2 of them up top together or 3 up top with Perez etc

• 44 expatmag // Jun 26, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Evening Tuff

Whays ul

• 45 expatmag // Jun 26, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Whats up?

• 46 expatmag // Jun 26, 2015 at 2:06 PM

Agreed although I doubt we are actually in for Austin.

• 47 Jib // Jun 26, 2015 at 2:07 PM

Our Toon
    I don’t think I am talking rubbish.
    You don’t have a very good memory or perhaps you never knew.
    In February Tiote was variously reported as having injured both knees both hamstrings and both ankles I get very suspicious when people cannot remember where and what is injured.
    I think he’s a leadswinger of huge proportions and Cisse isn’t far behind him.
    The club has probably only tolerated the situation because his wages are covered by insurance.

• 48 expatmag // Jun 26, 2015 at 2:11 PM

Lee is like Shearer. They are both fans and possibly champing at the bit to be involved in getting the club back to where it once was.

However, I think they are both realistical enough to know it will probably never happen and hope that they can stir enough bother for MA to actually do something right for a change

• 49 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 26, 2015 at 2:12 PM

Our toon and jib

I am in the middle here. I think there is a rabbit off regarding tiote. It’s all too vague. However, i wouldnt class cisse the same, i just think he is bit unlucky.

• 50 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 26, 2015 at 2:16 PM

For me it all changed for Tiote after the season we came 5th he had a new contract and the rumours that Chelsea did not want to pay the fee for him

Since then he has been terrible , always injured and looks like he cant be bothered plus always seems to be in trouble with the law as well

• 51 one Tony Green // Jun 26, 2015 at 2:46 PM

Rumour has it Ed is actually going to write an article which does not contradict his last one. Tiote is a lazy greedy t-at and so is Cisse. I would love to see how many of the so called fans on this blog would still follow Newcastle in the oldthird division. Had an average gate of less than 17000 in the early 90’s so stop talking shite about this massive club. No domestic trophies for 60 years. Bring back the 70’s and 80’s proper ground no shit fans who arrive late, go out 10 minutes before half time and the leave ten minutes before the end.

previous post: Conflicting Reports About Newcastle Signing Florian Thauvin