Charlie’s Decision Could Well Depend On Mrs Austin

It looks like Charlie Austin will not make a decision on which club he will join for another two weeks.

Charlie has just been married to his long-term partner Bianca Parker, and they are off to the Maldives for their honeymoon – so it’s first things first – and the clubs after him such as Newcastle United – will just have to wait for his decision.

Chelsea seem to have switched their attentions from Austin to another Newcastle target – Anderlecht’s 20 year-old Serbian International Aleksandar Mitrovic – and they have dropped in the betting for Charlie to 4th favorites at 5/1.

charlie austin qpr

Charlie Austin – Newcastle still favorites

Bournemouth have come in at 3/1, and they have been spending money this summer to try to strengthen their squad.

A few days ago agreed to pay £8M for Ipswich Town defender Tyrone Mings – that’s a high fee for somebody who is untested in the Premier League.

Here’s the current odds on Sky Bet on where Charlie will end up this summer:

Newcastle 5/6
West Ham 3/1
Bournemouth 9/2
Chelsea 5/1

The problem with any striker moving to Chelsea is that Jose Mourinho only plays one striker up front, and they already have top striker Diego Costa as their number one at the London club.

Other strikers at Stamford Bridge will not get too many games there, as Loic Remy found out last season.

Charlie would be a tremendous signing for Newcastle,  and if he did sign, we would see young Geordie fans trying to get a look at him at the Benton training grounds – so it would also be a great choice for him.

Yes, there may be a little bit of bias in there.

But it will depend on what his new bride Bianca wants, and where she wants to live.

There have been rumors that Bianca wants to stay in the London area – so his decision could well rest with the new Mrs Austin.

It will be an important decision for him too, and if it is true that Bianca wants to stay in London,  that would probably mean he would sign for West Ham.

If Charlie is a wise man, then he would sign on at West Ham under those conditions.

🙂

Believe me, I know what I’m talking about (well at least in this instance), having been married Madeline for 43 years.

Austin scored a great 18 Premier League goals in just 36 games last season, and the 6″ 2″striker would be given the iconic number 9 short at Newcastle if he did sign.

Charlie has only just been called up by England for the first time, and with Newcastle being such a high profile club – playing week in week out at Newcastle will hardly hurt his International chances.

Here’s Charlie’s Twitter account in case you want to send him a message – although he may not be checking his Twitter account anytime soon.

• ToonFromLeeds

Jun 29, 2015 at 2:54 PM

We will see I hope the Austin’s come up here

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Jun 29, 2015 at 2:58 PM

YoungMagpieFromBurnley
    June 29, 2015
    Right, I’m not a wum. (just searched it up)

This was just an experiment, on my short time on here I have come to realise, quickly, that the wum’s on here are the ones most commonly replied too!

I will spend some time on here, maybe sometimes most of the day with decent football discussion(at least I would hope) yet it is almost always ignored, I try with discussion further but I get the same result. I understand that there are friendships on here but half the time I see them only respond to each other. I will get over this and it doesn’t affect my life at all it just annoys me that I put the time in too offer discussion on NUFC( WHICH THIS BLOG IS ABOUT) yet nothing. Then people who troll and wums get all the time of day, yet they contribute nothing.

I don’t expect replies all the time, but I expect my stuff to be replied to instead of a wum being replied too. If that makes sense!

Sorry JFA by the way, pretending to be a wum was tough and that sentence was the most common thing I saw on here.

• Tsunki

Jun 29, 2015 at 2:58 PM

We tried to tell you….

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:00 PM

Spellcheck

No one has accused you of anything today. You have AGAIN grabbed the wrong end of the stick in spectacular fashion!!

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:01 PM

YoungMagpie

Ok, that was an extremely misguided experiment. And pointless. All that has done is create bad feeling toward you.

Why?

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:03 PM

It’s the volume of wumage on here that gets the football stuff missed.

• Jib

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:05 PM

Joel Matip is our man
    I can feel it my water
    Apparently SM has been phoning everyone he knows in German asking about his , attitude, physique ,esprit de corps , and generally if he’s a good fit for the EPL.

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:05 PM

Mark

Yes, it was pointless, I understand that. I just wanted to see how many replies I would get for a wum like comment and low and behold, I got more then usual.

I have stated that I’m sorry to Jfa for the comment and it is wholeheartedly untrue on my part.

In my eyes the experiment worked, maybe badly for me. But I hope it showed what kind of attention a bad post gets.

I just hope more people realise this and stop replying to the wums. For the good of the blog in particular.

Again, sorry to any offence caused.

You haven’t half made me feel bad.

• Spellcheck

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:08 PM

You just Couldn’t make it up. Stick to football matters pal.

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:09 PM

YoungMag

The thing is, yesterday most of us decided to ignore the wums. If you notice i did not actually reply to you directly, instead telling tfl that you were the resident troll (who you copied quite well,some might suggest TOO well). Best just to leave it well alone from now on, and join in the with the rest of us in not feeding the fire.

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:11 PM

Spellcheck

You are added to the wum list. Two unwarranted attacks. One on me yesterday. I am not your ‘pal’, thats for sure. Keyboard warriors are as bad as the trolls.

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:11 PM

Spell check

Aye, Abdennour then? Would love this signing more then any, but €20 million??

I understand that he is probably worth that but are the club honestly going to dish out that much cash on one player? We have the money to afford that but we all know what Mike is like.

• ToonFromLeeds

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:12 PM

many apologies YCMIU I shall follow your guidance and ignore the many wums/trolls ty

• BandB

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:13 PM

So then, YMFB.

Which names have you posted under?
    Were your Fake Jib? Fake Welshie?
    Who have you targeted apart from JFA?
    How did you succeed in creating so many accounts?
    How many and which of your accounts were banned?
    How did you create the doppleganger accounts and avoid moderation?
    How come you knew so much about blog personalities in such a short time?

They always say liars lose track of their lies.

Any answers?
    We are ALL listening to you now.

• Jib

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:13 PM

YouCouldn’tMakeItUp
    You have just invented a new noun !!!
    WUMAGE
    We can now put adjectives with it.
    Good , Bad , Obcene , Mild , Malevolent , Benevolent.
    You had better get it patented asap

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:15 PM

Mark

Agreed, I wasn’t on yesterday because I was sick of being ignored lol. But yes, I’m over that now.

I honestly don’t know how people can troll the way they do, I felt so bad after putting those comments. So, so bad.

So Mark, whose going to be the first player signed?

• ToonFromLeeds

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:16 PM

Jib
    I would patent that word and forward it to the Oxford dictionary prople if I was you

• Lindisfarne

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:17 PM

Another endlessly drawn out saga of a potential transfer that will undoubtedly fail to materialise and create a situation where there is insufficient time to confirm other targets. It is almost as if only one person deals with the actual negotiations of the transfers and a not very good one at that.

Has Lee Charnley been on holiday since February, occasionally popping to a game out of some unfathomable sense of duty and a few free biscuits?

• BandB

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:18 PM

Young Magpie,

You’d imagine a misunderstood kid like yourself would like to explain how you did it?

We are all interested in you now.

• ToonFromLeeds

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:19 PM

Anyway on football

Cathro has announced himself, has any other coach done so?

• BandB

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:20 PM

We were talking football before this started TFL….so don’t come the grown-up.

• Lindisfarne

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Natural Wumagers can be mostly be found beneath the undergrowth, or their urban cousins have succumbed to bins and the backs of Fast Food shops.

• Lindisfarne

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:21 PM

The Joker announced himself big style.

• will die for the toon army

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:21 PM

Now I believe there is no news

• ToonFromLeeds

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:22 PM

BandB I came in originally to talk about football, but all I found was wumage so I was wanting to know what was going on, I am trying to do the right thing and bring it back to football without your snidey remark

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:23 PM

YMFB

I have the exact same experience. I have been an irregular poster on here since it’s birth in 06/07. It has changed dramatically since then, and for the worst.

There used to be great discussion and now there simply isn’t. I think an amount of that can be attributed to the nose dive the club has been in and that has certainly seen much frustration build.

However it can also be partly put down to its growth a community. It’s a rather insular blog and as such the regulars develop a bond and a subconscious connection to it which often overlooks those that come and say their piece but don’t necessarily want or try to make friends. They aren’t seen or treated as part of the blog almost.

It’s sad in a way but inevitable, added to the wums it becomes almost painful to read the comments these days as they degenerate into nonsense and relationship issues between posters.

It is certainly not the place to come for a quick debate or discussion on the topics at hand anymore.

• Lindisfarne

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:25 PM

BandB

Sounds like your being told, to lift up your petticoat and run along!

• Spellcheck

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:25 PM

Time will tell when it comes to hopefully near future signings. Fingers crossed. We all know 6 or more signings are needed. New regime, fresh start etc. also I apologised for my misgivings yday. After all we the supporters are entitled to our opinions albeit I know I was out of order to some do gooders. United we should all be.

• BandB

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:25 PM

Listen TFL…

You came originally to post links to another site didn’t you?
    Which I have not made a fuss about. Do you want me to start?

“anyway, back to football” was a pompous, snidey remark.

• Tsunki

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:25 PM

What a circus. Now we have new ‘ Long time reader first time etc ‘wums who cry because they post and get no replies so they feel they are drawn to the dark side. Pull the other one. If you want replies talk sense; your insults are long remembered though I’ll give you that! The list is getting longer people, Eds blog is starting to swirl a bit, looks like some malicious toad is intent on destroying a decent place to chat. Need to get a hold on it Ed!

• BandB

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Lindy,

Yep.
    Running along at the first snotty remark…that’s me 🙂

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:27 PM

BandB

You really want to know? Fine!

I have had 4 accounts on here, but I’m guessing only a few on here will know one of them!

My first account was a while back, possibly 3 years now? Maybe 2 and a half. It was BarnoldswickMag. Bet no-one remembers that one! I changed due to my phone needing to be factory reset due to problems. I forgot the email I set it up with so I started again.

Next, it was NUFCJackW

I can’t remember what happened to this account but I’m pretty sure I lost the password.

Then it became IrishGeordie9, this one was random and to be honest no-one like me. I lied about my location and my age. You want to know why?? Because I didn’t want to use my real age(17) because I thought most people on here would right my opinions off due to lack of knowledge and history on the club. Due to pretending about my age I had to give myself a relocation, somewhere where I could legitimately say I couldn’t attend games because I lived abroad. When the reality was that I live near burnley(Barnoldswick is where I live) and I couldn’t get to games, yep I’ve never been to SJP. Ever, wish I could though.

Now it’s youngmagpiefromburnley. I figured you all know where burnley is so I just put that, I live about 20 minutes away from there.

I know about most people on here and I have posted a lot over the years. Now this current account is the truth of me. I’m not going to change again and if I forget my password then I will tell you my name again.

Sorry for the lies I just didn’t think I would be accepted on here due to my age and me never setting foot in SJP. Please forgive me guys :3

I have never trolled before by the way.

• ToonFromLeeds

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:28 PM

BandB if I post a link it’s generally to add to or begin a conversation, my “anyway back to football” was to try and draw a line under wumage and was not intended in anyway to be pompus or snidey

• Lindisfarne

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Geremi’s Prosthetic Leg Fund

Care to kick us off?! Ah, no news other than the usual gossip doing the rounds. Its is quite amusing how many reticent oldtimers keep returning to the blog to say how it has deteriorated because of the personal comments and infighting. Way to go.

• BandB

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:33 PM

YMFB

Were you Fake Jib and Fake Welshie?
    How did you create the doppelgängers and why didn’t you do that previously?

And where did you get the thalidomide references from?
    That didn’t sound like 17-year-old humour.

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:35 PM

BandB

I have no relation to the fake people, that isn’t me.

• ToonFromLeeds

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Here’s a starter Cardiff want to sign Sammy on loan, if you were in his shoes would you sign a contract for us and go on loan or just go to another team permanently?

• BandB

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:37 PM

Okay TFL,

But YMFB has just coughed to being behind the blog plague that you yourself have done plenty of moaning about.
    Call it curiosity, but I’d like to pursue it until I understand it a little better.
    If that’s alright with you.

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:38 PM

Lindisfarne

I am not here to start an argument nor make personal accusations. It is what it is. Just interesting to see someone else say what I’ve been thinking for a long while.

You will also find, if you care to look, that I have always (apart from now) made points about the football and rarely had much response. I understand that in this current climate news is scarce and the same old ground it’s perpetually retread that creates a vacuum but there is still discussion to be had.

My biggest point on the football has been the backroom staff. Mainly that I don’t think Paul Simpson is good enough, nor has the record needed for us. I think we should be aiming higher with someone with top flight experience.

• bettyswallocks

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:38 PM

Trolls and wums……….. We are coming to the defining time of our pre season. Judgements will be made in the coming weeks as to Ashley’s intentions for our beloved club. These are important issues for genuine fans.
    This should be the topic of discussion, not the validity of deranged, attention seeking individuals.

Schizophrenics, Bi Polar sufferers, ADHD victims etc. are not welcome on here. Now go away or you will incur the wrath.

1 2 3 5