The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Former Newcastle Coach Surprisingly Sacked By Leicester City

10:46 pm, Tuesday, June 30th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 132 Comments

In what is really a surprise move, Leicester City have tonight fired former Newcastle coach Nigel Pearson – their manager – who seemed to pull off a miracle to save Leicester with an unbelievable run in the final quarter of the season that kept Leicester in the Premier League and they even finished above Newcastle in the league.

The Foxes won an amazing seven of their final nine games of the season and got 22 points from those games,  including a final game of the season 5-1 home win over relegated QPR.

That was 9 points more than Newcastle got in the final 19 league games of the season, and dare we say it – Leicester also beat us 1-0 in the FA Cup in early January.

nigel pearson and john carver

Nigel Pearson with John Carver earlier this year
Leicester hammered us 3-0

Nigel is 51 years old and had already made three new signings this summer, but was told via a phone call with Vice-Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha tonight that he was fired.

This is the statement Leicester have released:

Leicester City Football Club has today Tuesday relieved its First Team Manager, Nigel Pearson, of his duties.

The Board of Directors recognizes the success Nigel has helped to bring to Leicester City during his two spells in charge of the Club, particularly during the last three and a half years.

However, it has become clear to the Club that fundamental differences in perspective exist between us. Regrettably, the Club believes that the working relationship between Nigel and the Board is no longer viable.

Leicester City’s owners, Vichai and Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, and the Board of Directors would like to place on record their thanks to Nigel for the considerable contribution he has made during his time with the Club and wish him well in the future.

Khun Vichai and Khun Top remain wholly committed to the Club’s long-term development and to on going investment in a squad that will continue to be competitive in the Premier League.

We trust that the Club’s supporters will recognize that the owners have always acted with the best interests of the Club at heart and with the Club’s long-term future as their greatest priority.

Craig Shakespeare and Steve Walsh will take charge of first team duties while the Club begins its recruitment of a new manager. There will be no further comment until this process has concluded.

Pearson will get compensation of around £1M from the Thai owners.

Nigel was previously at Leicester from 2008 to 2010,  and is said to be completely shocked at the decision, and Leicester were the only promoted side from last season to survive in the Premier League with Burnley and QPR being relegated.

Nigel is controversial,  and had a few well reported confrontations with fans, journalists and players last season.

Only two weeks ago his young son James, who was also at the club,  was fired for insulting prostitutes in Thailand while filming them.

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Other News

132 responses so far ↓

• 1 JAMSHA(ASHELY SLAYER) // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:48 PM

Both are New Kits Looks Cool

• 2 Ibizatoon // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:48 PM

I would like to add that I do think a factor in the blogs decline is due to the club itself.

There really is little left to debate these days.

Ashleys NUFC has not been a sporting one, or one that is easy to support. That comment isn’t to blame Ashley, the subject is well covered, but since his arrival and his decision making / appointing, it’s been a steady decline.

Then you add the WUM’s etc and it just gets silly.

I for one would love to be able to get back to normal fan blogging, but honestly, the idea of putting up my starting 11 that I think will win us a game is a distant memory.

Forget signings this summer, I still am waiting to be able to feel some connection with our club again and to feel like they actually give a damn.

“We don’t demand a team that wins, we demand a team that tries”

That banner really did sum things up for me. The only think I might tweak would be “club” for “team”.

• 3 optimistic prime // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:50 PM

Check out the photo above.

Carr and Pearson, dream team or what?

• 4 Ibizatoon // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:50 PM

On thread…I do hope this is why the club have been waiting to announce McLarens backroom staff.

We’re getting Pearson in! 7 wins out of 9, much better than the best manager in the league managed…he has to be decent….and cheap.

• 5 Tsunki // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:51 PM

Will there be jelly and everything this time? Will there? I need to know because there was supposed to be last time. We only got balloons 😉

• 6 Belfast // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:52 PM

No Ice cream Skunki?

• 7 Tsunki // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:53 PM

Belfast I don` t want to ask too much. Jelly would be a start. And a freddo.

• 8 JamesToon // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:54 PM

Where the fcuk is the announcement of the coaching staff….

• 9 Belfast // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:54 PM

Carver looks clueless as per usual and Nigel looks shifty and weird as per usual.

Could work.

• 10 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:55 PM

Pearson as well Ibiza you are pushing the boat out

• 11 Belfast // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:56 PM

I’d take a freddo like steal one if needs be.

• 12 Tsunki // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:57 PM

Actually theres something Im not sure about there. Johnny looks suspiciously happy to get a cuddle off Nige.

• 13 optimistic prime // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:57 PM

Pearson mate, you got anymore of those dodgy certificates for sale?

On that note, how did carver pass his coaching badges if he answered every question on the test “I knew SBR ya kna”

• 14 WWSBRD // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:59 PM

I can only speak for myself in terms of commenting but what u say is not untrue I don’t go to games anymore and I don’t drop everything to see our games which makes it a struggle to discuss club related news but the comments section has very little draw compared to what it used to have imo

Equally I am not the same person who I was when I first popped in WWJBD and started spitting crap so that adds to it but if i came on here for the first time I wouldn’t comment and I doubt I’d return

On the thread I don’t think it’s all that surprising he got sacked, he fell out with the board often and everyone knew they no longer wanted him…he also kept getting himself in the papers for the wrong reasons. Pardew type reasons

• 15 Tinman // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:59 PM

@Ibiza post 1,

I completely and whole heartedly agree. I used to be addicted to this block, posting every single day for a long time. I have fallen out of love with this club, mainly due to the shocking style of football.

We always had wind up merchants but they were drowned out by so many having genuine debates. The fact that people have little to discuss means they have a go at the WUM and fall into the trap. The more you talk to them the more appear. The only way to deal with them is to completely ignore them.

I would however add that Ed seems to push out more articles now than he used too, but that is only a slight factor.

Go on, give me an 11 you would like to see after the transfer window 😉

• 16 Tinman // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:02 PM

13, WWSBRD,

We posted really regularly around about the same time. I remember agreeing with you on some issue regarding Cisse’s form, we were battling the masses! Anyway, you say you were a different person, can I guess you are in your early 20s now?

• 17 Tsunki // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:03 PM

Eds moderation laxity apart, I sympathise with him trying to keep the flow going, tbf the lack of any activity from the club for so long should have meant the blog going down to ten posts a day. Hats off to the regular contributors for making something out of nothing.

• 18 Tsunki // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:04 PM

You already have. Pal. Enough.

• 19 optimistic prime // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:08 PM

Should have missed out Anita in that name. The initials VD would have been appropriate.

• 20 Tinman // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:08 PM

It’s true Tsunki, the regulars do make the most of it and actually are the main reason I return. Ed’s news is just regurgitated from every other source, just in one convenient place. Hats off to him for making it so easy to check the toon army’s recent news. I do tend to just scroll straight down to the comments and have a look at the general fans perspective on each breaking story.

• 21 WWSBRD // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:08 PM

Haha I did enjoy the under dog opinions and I do recall agreeing with u around Cisse. Just past my mid 20s mate, as for my different person comment(which was a bit one tree hill I admit and regret now haha) I was a lot more passionate about the club then and a lot less cynical than I am now

• 22 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:11 PM

Interesting Sammy gonna sign for us then go on loan to wolves

• 23 Ibizatoon // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:12 PM

Yo…I think one of the big turning points was after we got 5th placed and back into Europe. The clubs fear and reluctance to try and push on left a lot of people thinking what’s the point?

We win a game and the excitement would soon wear off as it’d always come back to the same thing, where next?

I’ve tried to find my first ever post on here, but have given up. I do remember you being around though for sure. Long live the King 🙂

Tinman…It’s all such a mess. Heart breaking really.

Still, one day it’ll be over no doubt.

In the meantime, we do what we can – and no, it wont be a starting 11 based on players I have no faith that we’ll sign 🙂

• 24 optimistic prime // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:12 PM

I think quite a lot of fans are cynical as the feel so disconnected from the club.

The only thing that would guarantee my attendance of SJP on first day of the season would be if Ashley was being beheaded in the centre circle at half time.

• 25 Tinman // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Haha okay, I guessed you had just finished uni or something and found that you had much less time on your hands! That is something which lead to me posting less.

I watched every single Toon game for the last 4 years, live, on tv, or streamed. Last season I watched about 10.

Although I was disappointed with the Brolly Wolly getting the job (I like many thought it was a great opportunity for real change) I can say I am far more optimistic about this season than last. Hopefully some signings will come through the door in the next few weeks.

• 26 Tinman // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:17 PM

I used to hang on the words of Transfer Sage and the other one who’s name I have just forgot (he seemed to have the real info, but less posts).

I also loved niafron’s insight into Ben Arfa and the French market in general when we were still all excited about that recruitment plan.

You never know, Steve-o might send us on a mazy cup run, I’m sure going to Wembley would lift some spirits…

• 27 Ibizatoon // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:18 PM

Yo…Not sure why, but I thought you were older. Not as old as Jesper mind…no one’s THAT old. Oh the good ole days 🙂

TFL…Probably makes sense to all parties (apart from some fans maybe). Sammy isn’t likely to get a move to a bigger club than Newcastle, so it keeps his options open. Newcastle now have a chance to recoup a fee for him, as he was out of contract and there is chance he might turn out okay. I’m not convinced yet, but there have been flashes. I know the way he runs is somewhat ungainly, but there’s something in him. Mind, same was said about wor Shola.

Tsunki…You haven’t even lasted 24 hours mate. Poor form – what sort of leading by example is this?

• 28 will die for the toon army // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:19 PM

Am going to miss him

• 29 Belfast // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:19 PM

I was a sensible poster once.

• 30 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:21 PM

Sammy is good in fits and starts

• 31 Tinman // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:22 PM

Ibiza, TFL,

It’s interesting on Sammy. I played with him a few times when I was younger and he wasn’t even in the top 3 players in the team. He mainly got into Newcastle thanks to Shola. My friend who was always far better than Sammy has just signed a deal with Blackpool, honestly don’t think Sammy will look out of place in Championship or League 1. He won’t make it in the Premier League.

• 32 will die for the toon army // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:23 PM

Ashley can never rip my heart out of NUFC.

• 33 WWSBRD // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:24 PM

True certainly hurt a lot of fans the post 5th season, I think a lot saw Ashley’s true intentions then but people kept coming back to here maybe when Ashley leaves people will come back but maybe to a different blog? Who knows

Haha I don’t think I was around that much earlier than urself, think I started posting when Carroll was sold…be damned if I look for my first comment haha

Ur not wrong mate I was in uni at the time and am not anymore mores the pity but I did continue to make time to comment while busy which I don’t bother with now

Matches wise I find half the time I just can’t be bothered to watch NUFC play I don’t get joy from it anymore. As for McClaren am ok with his appointment not excited but I think he’s a huge step up from Pardew, once I see what team we will be watching next season maybe my black and white side will resurface

Must admit our reported new assistant manager is exciting

• 34 Tinman // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:25 PM

will die,

I think most people are in the same boat. In this marriage we are having problems with passion in the bedroom, but the love is still there. If she comes in wearing some slinky red underwear then I’m sure most fans will be back to where they were.

• 35 Ibizatoon // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:26 PM

Tinman…I am in danger of sounding like a serious negger here.

What you just said is, for me, typical of the Ashley reign.

Starve the fans of hope, throw them some old crumbs and watch them gobble them up gleefully.

A few months ago very few would entertain the idea of McLaren. A few months of the Carver experience, near relegation, etc, etc, and suddenly people are somewhat optimistic with McLaren.

It’s not really us being happy with what the club are doing, just being grateful that it’s not quite as bad as it could be.

Bottom line for me is that due to the negligence of the board, this summer always needed to have a serious shake up. It was always on the cards. That can and seems to be getting dressed up as ambition.

The real proof is further down the line IMO. We’ve been here before, seen it look like it could work, only for, well, you know, no point going over it again.

This is the price you pay for treating the fans like cr*p.

• 36 Tinman // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:27 PM

Yes the whole coaching team seems to be getting an upgrade. That could get us playing some decent football at least. Who knows, maybe we’ll even get 4 or 5 from corners next season 😉

• 37 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:29 PM

Those posts from VAD are the vilest, most offensive posts I’ve seen on here. If this sad individual is UK based, I’d look to report him to the police.

Thank you Belfast for putting other bloggers right.

• 38 WWSBRD // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:29 PM

Wise old head I have eh? alas though I am just a spritely upstart u might say

I tend to avoid asking ages on here though don’t want it to cloud my judgement, which I assume many will now in regards to my posts haha I will be met with “what do u know ur a kid” when I disagree with people now THANKS TINMAN

• 39 Ibizatoon // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:32 PM

If we’re going to liken this to a relationship, are we saying that the club has merely let itself go for a little while, not made the effort to keep the spark alive? Personally, I’m more of the thinking that it’s been out and about, dragging the family name through the mud and back, treating fellow family members with a complete lack of decency.

Not so sure some nice new lingerie will fix this one for me tbh.

Anyway, early start for me tomorrow. Thanks for the chat one and all.

P.S. Not sure what you were, but sensible was never part of it.

• 40 Tinman // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:33 PM

Don’t get me wrong, I am still firmly anti Ashley. I used to respect what he was doing financially, but feel I probably had the wool pulled over my eyes. You’re right, the shake up was 100% needed, so we shouldn’t get too excited.
    I get a little annoyed with myself when I start to feel optimistic, when we get linked with someone or when we bring in a promising coach etc. It’s hard not to still get a little optimistic. That’s why Ashley has got away with it so long here, it’s so easy to make the fans feel at least a little optimistic around here.

• 41 Ibizatoon // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:33 PM

Yo…Nah, just that you’re a grumpy tw@ sometimes 😉

Night everyone x

• 42 WWSBRD // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:34 PM

I do like the coaching team for where we are as a team, Europa League/ top 10 level. I don’t see it getting us to CL…a cup run though isn’t out of the question

But the team is again in a lot of trouble

• 43 WWSBRD // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:35 PM

Haha I fully admit that!
    Have a good un mate

• 44 Tinman // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:35 PM

I do tend try to avoid it myself too! I apologise, but I could tell that you were a similar age to me. My bad!!!

• 45 Tinman // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:36 PM

Goodnight fella.

• 46 Ibizatoon // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:37 PM

Tinman…I know what you’re saying – it’s why it works so well for Ashley. We all so desperately want it to be so.

All I can say is that we really should be trying to keep some persepective.

I love NUFC. We have been thinking for a while that someone is abusing it. It’s our responsibility to ensure that doesn’t happen. Doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy the club (a chance would be a fine thing mind), but perhaps the mantra of wait and see could apply to jumping back in to an optimism fuelled jet…given the mans track record.

Seriously now, I’m going to bed. Honest 🙂

• 47 Toon Tang // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:37 PM

Rachel Riley in green goalkeeping clobber

That is all.

• 48 WWSBRD // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:41 PM

Haha its no problem if people judge ur opinion because of ur age I think it tell more about that person than u

Not saying I am always right but if I am wrong it has nothing to do with his old I am

Anyway I didn’t realise the time I shall be bidding u all a good night as well. Let’s hope for some signing tomorrow

• 49 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:42 PM

\Think I’ll hit the sack too and hopefully wake up to some new players 😉

• 50 Tinman // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:44 PM

Agreed. 3 by the end of the week 😉

• 51 Noel Worst // Jul 1, 2015 at 12:10 AM

I’m going for a meal with an agent friend tomorrow evening, deals mainly with clients from Yorkshire clubs and up the east coast, but the agency he works for are active throughout Europe. See if I can prise any nuggets of info out of him after he’s had a few 🙂 .

• 52 lesh // Jul 1, 2015 at 12:53 AM

There a was, all excited, it’s the forst o July the Morra n a was expecting all sorts o surprises, big signins in the morn.

Sent t bed n towld t stay there til the forst.

A did but cuddn’t sleep so a went doostairs to see if he’d been yet.

Worra swizz! He’d been areet and left a sackful o scheidt, nowt!

Av given up believin in I’m now. Ashley, av wesht me hands o yu!

• 53 Mister Tuff // Jul 1, 2015 at 1:02 AM

Mr Tubbs has probably issued a news ban at SJP to punish Toon fans for not buying up all the season tickets.

• 54 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:41 AM

In december 2010, I returned to Newcastle for a Christmas holiday with my family from Oz. We were staying with my best friend and his family, who are season ticket holders.

I hadnt been to a game at SJP for 7 years and my friends got tickets for the Boxing day clash with Man City

I remember the day so clearly and how much I was looking forward to it. We parked in Gateshead and walked across the high level bridge. It was freezing cold but a few pre game pints and then a walk up to the ground, stopping off at Greggs for a couple of pasties.

Once inside the ground, the atmosphere was electric and the upper echelons of the Leazes was full of city fans. Despite being 2 goals down after 4 minutes to Barry and Tevez, we started to play well and were unlucky not to score on a number of occasions.

With 20 minutes to go, big Andy headed us back into the game with what would prove to be his last goal for the club before his transfer to Liverpool.

We battered them for an equaliser but Tevez got a double deflection in the last minute for a 3-1 win. Despite losing, I wasnt too disappointed as I thought we played well and deserved a draw. Two stupid mistakes by Krul and Tiote cost us dear in those first 4 minutes.

Afterwards, it was back to the Big Market for more drinks before heading home to find out what the women bought in the Boxing day sales.

It was a lovely day and during the trip home that year, we spent hundreds on NUFC clothing and other things too from the club shop and Sports Direct.

As a treat, I even took my family and my friends and tbeir family out to dinner on our last night in the Newcastle at the restaurant above Shearers bar.

The moral of this story is that in September thus year, I am returning to Newcastle for the first time since that trip and staying with the same friends. They have asked me if I want to go to a game and I have politely said no. Nor will I spend one penny on NUFC goods either.

It breaks the old heart.

• 55 Magpie Season // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:56 AM

As much as I hate to say it, but I agree with the frugal nature of the club when submitting bids for players. Only in the sense that I would not want a player wearing our shirt who is either overpaid or cost way more than he needed to be.

With Dost, there is no way any club would pay 29 million for a player with 1 good Bundesliga season.

Despite the TV deal alerting clubs of other leagues, bargains can still be found as Southampton have demonstrated.

• 56 Magpie Season // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:57 AM

^ & Everton.

• 57 dexter53 // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:13 AM

Come on mate. You cant come all this way without taking in a match ffs.Its like me going back to Mitcham and not going to see the mighty St. Kilda just because theyrr sh*t! R.I.P. the legend that was Trevor Barker.

• 58 Thump // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:15 AM

@expat: Might I recommend going to see Gateshead, or even the womans team?

• 59 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:17 AM

Mate, I dont even watch them on foxtel anymore because the standard of football they play is do amateurish.

Incidently, we had friends staying with us for a month in April from Gateshead and I took them to the ‘G’ to see St. Kilda play Collingwood. The pies won by 74 points. It was a canny night. A bugger trying to get out of the MCG car park afterwards though…

A very good idea mate. I will be staying in Low Fell. The last time I was in their stadium was 35 years ago when I took part in a sponsored run there for Barbardos.

We actually had a game on TV here. Some cup natch that was televised and I also watched them in the play off final they lost at Wembley last year.

• 60 dexter53 // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:36 AM

Remembered some more names i played with at Mitcham.
    Robert Caruana
    Johnny Samtoy
    Joe Toplik
    Ring any bells?
    By the way its taken me 20 minutes to write this due to poxy pop ups. Hope Eds happy accepting the Queens shilling.

• 61 gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club) // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:47 AM

Deserved it, his son is an utter ___ and he’s complete bully.

Wow, you reckon you can put your head in the sand, what a big man!

Pearson: “I can….You can’t”

• 62 dexter53 // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:04 AM

Never were truer words spoken mate. Totally agree. Him and his vile son got what they deserve

• 63 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:26 AM

Remember Robbie Caruana vaguely. The others not.

Did you know Ronnie McNicol?

• 64 dexter53 // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:39 AM

No dont remember him.
    Couple of committee men i played golf with at Glen Waverley
    Ian Gow
    Johnny Cropp
    Those heady days when i played off 3.
    My 20 year old son is off +3 and is trying to get on tour. Shows me up big time.
    Damn Damn you pop ups. GRRRRRRRRR

• 65 Magpie Season // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:25 AM

expat @54:

Mate, with the Aus Dollar so low another reason not to buy from NUFC direct, let alone the club’s actions.

• 66 Magpie Season // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:34 AM

In Estonian League, a team won 31-0.

Forward Sander Roivasepp scored 9 times.

We should sign him. Would be a better gamble than Ferreyra.

• 67 firebug666 // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:39 AM

Morning World.

Is there room for WUM more? 😀

So what’s the word from the club? Oh yeah that’s right they don’t communicate with us mere mortals.

1st July and still not a word from the powers that be.

No announcements on backroom staff!
    No announcements on players!
    No announcements on anything!

So were right on target then. This just goes to show that the powers that be at our club are incapable of learning from their mistakes; in fact they just keep making them.

Time to sharpen the pitch forks and light the torches.

Ashley Out!

• 68 Magpie Season // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:39 AM

It’s a slow day for me. Not much going on at work after EOFY.

I’ve come up with a list of our worst loan signings (in no particular order):

1. Nacho
    2. Stephen Ireland
    3. Guisseppe Rossi
    4. Ferreyra
    5. Luuk De Jong

• 69 Magpie Season // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:40 AM

Just read Sammy Ameobi is set to be loaned out to Wolves?

• 70 Average_Contents // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:41 AM

Overtheline from a few ago

Excellent post mate. Ed’s admitted they will be the death of this blog but still nowt gets done.

Between the ridiculous re-directs and the ever increasing desperation of the wums it’s hard to get a word in edgeways.

I might ask Ibizatoon for a few tips. He seems a bit of an expert especially where essays are concerned, I barely get to type a few sentences 😉

• 71 firebug666 // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:43 AM

Magpie Season

I don’t think Luuk de Jong was a bad loan signing mate, just played in a poor team an in an unfamiliar role, brought about by the ineptitude of Pardew and Carver.

• 72 cyprus // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:47 AM

Can you imagine if the Leicester fans decide they don’t want their owners anymore? Can you imagine the logistical nightmare of correctly preparing the A4’s? Who will manage to chant ‘correctly’?

“Srivaddhanaprabhas oot!”

• 73 firebug666 // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:49 AM

That just showed us how lucky we are PMSL!

I can spell Ashley.

• 74 cyprus // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:50 AM

• 75 Ron Knee // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:53 AM

Is Carver saying to Pearson: “So is it your team playing in the blue strip?”

• 76 hibbit // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:55 AM

cyprus ……..sack the board might do the job????

• 77 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:07 AM

Now there is a blast from the past. Ian Gow…….what a plonker he was. Him and Boyley loved a drink or twenty.

• 78 nut meg // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:08 AM

The Sky Sports team & the Daily Mirror will be at Benton training ground to welcome the new coaching staff first along with any new players.Nothing will be announced until after they have had their interviews just as they did when SM pitched up.IMHO gents but that’s what I fully expect as pathetic as it is,same old same old. Only a matter of hours away now..

• 79 Ron Knee // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:10 AM

Does anyone know if the backroom staff have been officially ‘unveiled’ yet? I can’t see anything about it on the club’s website.

• 80 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:11 AM

There was a bloke who played at the back, also called Ron. Cant remember his surname but he was all left foot, balding and originally from London. Really nice bloke too. I think he lived up in Doncaster. Can you remember him? Played left back or centre half.

Got it……Ronny Spurgeon

• 81 Ron Knee // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:11 AM

nut meg
    I think you’ve just answered my question!

• 82 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:12 AM

firebug #67…I believe we learned all that in January!

…the fact that Charmless is still here just shows Ashley only knows how to run a tacky ruthless sweatshop! And I am only talking money-wise here. On any other level it’s a shambles!

• 83 firebug666 // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:14 AM

Ron Knee

Shame on you lol!

Fancy expecting an official announcement, This is Newcastle United, we don’t do announcements, we just leave incomings to announce themselves.

• 84 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:16 AM

I think you might be right there. Spending would be minimal anyway

• 85 firebug666 // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:18 AM

Just a simple statement would have been enough, but they don’t even do that.

• 86 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:18 AM

Maybe they just haven’t figured out between the board members who’s suppose to do the announcements and who should have their picture taken!

…you know it’s big discussions

• 87 firebug666 // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:20 AM

From The Mag

Newcastle United’s friendly at Sacramento Republic FC has now sold out, though plenty tickets still left for the visit of Sunderland 4 days earlier…

• 88 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:20 AM

Empires has fall for less!

• 89 firebug666 // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:24 AM

I think they all just pi$$ed off on holiday, and nothing will happen till they return. Charnley will be booked up at Haven caravan park no doubt.

• 90 Ron Knee // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:26 AM

I was merely curious to know if “the best one-to-one coach in the world” was actually “over the line”. Silly me!

• 91 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:29 AM

Ron…are we getting Carver back 🙂

• 92 Ron Knee // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:31 AM

It could be the greatest comeback since Lazarus!

• 93 firebug666 // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:32 AM

Maybe they all are allowed their own preferred media for announcements.

The club has The Mirror group and SSNHQ, while Cathro prefers The Sun and BT Sports, so maybe we just need to keep an eye on the press.

Seriously though, the silence is pathetic.

• 94 carl // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:39 AM

I’m surprised not to see Guidetti on our wish list. He’s a free agent from this morning and added to that he was homegrown in an English academy. He grew up in Kenya playing football with elephants and should fit right in with a number of our existing squad who have the touch of an elephant. Answers on a post card.
    Let’s keep it football related on here please as we enter the new contractual season.
    I bet if we’re riding high in September you’ll be taking the whole family to the Cathedral. I like your new input on here makes a good read and shows a free spirit. I don’t read a lot of the drivel on here these days.

• 95 Ron Knee // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:41 AM

Exactly. About as pathetic The Chronic’s Live Blogs. What an exercise in futility!

• 96 dexter53 // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:45 AM

Yes i know him. He was pally with a lad called Brian Dobbin. Cracking little player. Ian Gow. Mitchams answer to Del Boy.

• 97 Jib // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:53 AM

I don’t know if people recall , but last season it was players we were linked with early doors (straight after seasons end) that eventually pitched up at the club.

If this window follows that pattern expect some players from this group.

Lewis Dunk, Marco van Ginkel,
    Saido Berahino , Charlie Austin , Ahmed Elmohamedy, Troy Deeney, Yevhen Konoplyanka ,Ladislav Krejci.

• 98 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Thanks for that. It is such a pity that my interest has dwindled so much but we have been sliding on a greasy pole for several seasons and my once proud club is now being run by a totally unprofessional tat merchant who gas little or no common sense on running a football business.

Furthermore, any knowledgeable football person could see how pathetically organised we have been in recent seasons in the very basics of the game in passing movement pressure etc. How the fcuk Pardew and Carver got coaching badges is well beyond me when they ask players to put out this dross. I swear I could have them playing a far superior brand of football myself.

Hopefully, McLaren and Co.(whoever they are) will improve the quality far beyond what we have experienced in recent years.

I remain to be convinced.

• 99 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:03 AM

Old Gowsy used to plonk himself down on the sideline, bright red face and ginger hair, bawling his head off.

Once or twice, i had to tell the him and Boyley to do one because they were ruining the confidence of some of the younger lads I brought into the team.

• 100 Jail for Ashley // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:17 AM

You just can’t help yourself can you, first the gushing compliment to a particular poster followed by an underhand snipe at those you don’t think worthy of the blog. What makes your contribution of Gudetti playing with elephants ??? so worthy you have to constantly sneer at others.

• 101 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:18 AM

Be good to see him in his first game

• 102 nut meg // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:22 AM

Anybody at/ going to the training ground ?

• 103 Jib // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:27 AM

nut meg
    the chron has already said the full squad won’t be there today.

• 104 Jib // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:29 AM

Do you follow Leeds United at all ?
    What’s Sam Byram like ?

• 105 Tsunki // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:30 AM

Early start for the spineless pests, nice touch of irony to be told to keep it football related. Newsflash this is a nufc fans blog. Where’s the football-only law?

Still looking over my shoulder in case some fat pale guy in a stained t shirt and joggers hits me over the head with a keyboard when I’m not expecting it. 🙂

• 106 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:30 AM

I would imagine most of them would be there today except Krul and Sissoko.

First impressions will be interesting.

• 107 Tsunki // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:30 AM

Call me?

• 108 hibbit // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:30 AM

nut meg not many local posters now… at one time there was always someone to keep us up to date

• 109 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:31 AM

Gee wiz mate. Great way to start the day……lol

• 110 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:33 AM

Such a shame really.

• 111 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:34 AM

You won’t get a response from Ian. He’ll most likely change subject or just disappear and return as one of his aliases!

• 112 nut meg // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:35 AM

Surely the coaching staff will be there.though ?

• 113 reilly // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:38 AM

anyone who was looking to join this blog and seen the posts from vad/jib last night would run a mile,its a disgrace this inbred no mark has been allowed to get away with it for so long.
    ed you reaaly need to get this blog sorted.

• 114 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:38 AM

nut meg…do we have a coaching staff 😉

…are we sure about that! Maybe Cathro is just pulling a JFK on us!

• 115 hibbit // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:39 AM

nut meg no one knows this is nufc

• 116 Jib // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:39 AM

nut meg
    Of course the coaches will be there.
    Silly me , I thought you were hoping for a sight of some new players .

• 117 carl // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:39 AM

the response from left field perfectly illustrates my point. It’s a form of macarthyism.

• 118 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:40 AM

I think the only way to remove the wums and the multiples is to have some sort of registration on here with ID!

…something more than just a username and an email!

• 119 Lindisfarne // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:42 AM

Who is actually in charge of this shambles?

Same old Ashley, always lying!

• 120 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:43 AM

Watched Leeds a few times Sam Byram is an excellent prospect, good with his feet and has a wicked cross

• 121 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:43 AM

Not ultimately believable

• 122 nut meg // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:43 AM

I might be an old wrinkly but I don’t think I’m that stupid ……….yet.

• 123 Jib // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:44 AM

I wasn’t on last night
    I looked this morning in reverse as it were
    First up it was Leeds telling me not to be a tough guy , and I thought WTF !
    Then I saw the Vurnon Anita crap and the rest ,
    I can only assume Vurnon Anita was posing as me , I have been doppelgangered before.
    If you met me , anyone less like a tough guy would be hard to find.

• 124 hibbit // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:45 AM

if this this is aloud to continue for much longer the blog will impload and the trolls / wums we have won

• 125 hibbit // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:48 AM

will have won

• 126 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:48 AM

hobbit…but when that happens even the Wums will have no way to go!

• 127 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:49 AM

Hibbit! I swear this phone just changes your name 🙁

• 128 reilly // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:52 AM

aye it was you,your the only poster ive seen come out with sick jokes like that in the past.

• 129 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:53 AM

The only reason I said what I did was because you or your troll was being ultra aggressive to Tsunki and there was no need

• 130 Lindisfarne // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:53 AM

Where is the PR?

The bland every news from the club website does not inspire or inform and only confirms that there is nothing of value to report.

Are there any Tweets from the training ground?

With little activity on players, surely the new coaching team is worth publishing, just to show a thread of serious intent.

• 131 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 8:56 AM

Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:32 PM

You are a clever guy to back off .
    I am no tank
    Meeting in the flesh – any time
    You wouldn’t want your mobile number slopped about would you ?
    Sometimes discretion is the better part of valour.

the other one was deleted

• 132 Jib // Jul 1, 2015 at 9:15 AM

If you read the posts back it is not until Tsunki mentions my name then BOING out pops the mini me , then the Vurnon Anita character starts having a pop at Tsunki which is classic behaviour and a real give away, forgetting which role each character plays.

previous post: Newcastle Move For Senegal International Midfielder