The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Star Confident Of Big Improvements

8:48 am, Tuesday, June 30th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 99 Comments

Daryl Janmaat was our best player last season in his very first season on Tyneside, and it could be that he becomes the Newcastle captain next season, after he showed some excellent leadership skills both on and off the field.

daryl janmaat west ham

Great action shot of Daryl Janmaat

Current skipper Fabricio Coloccini is going into his final season on Tyneside, and it may be a good move for Steve McClaren to bring in a new skipper as a transition that prepares for the Argentine leaving the club as a free agent next summer.

Daryl was one of the few players at the club who played well last season,  and he even played well for John Carver, which a number of our players found difficult.

Maybe it was because John kept blaming them for the poor results, and kept pointing out that a number of them weren’t good enough to be playing for Newcastle, and would be leaving the club in the summer.

That was one of John’s many mistakes when he took over from Alan Pardew this year as head coach.

John surprised a lot of us when he was just not ready for the big time, and showed he has a lot of work to do to improve his man-management skills.

John was fired a few weeks back along with fellow Geordie Steve Stone.

The positive thing for Carver is if he takes a look back at how he managed the club for five months,  he can learn a lot from the mistakes he made.

It would also help him to go through how he managed the players with a management consultant – he could learn a lot from the experience.

That’s the good news for John Carver, who we understand was taken good care of by the club financially for his efforts.

This is what 25 year-old Janmaat has said today,  starting with what he thought of his move to England:

“It was a perfect move for me.” “I like the club and the Premier League. It’s the best competition in the world.” “I made a good decision to come here.”

“Siem de Jong will come back next season and I hope the club brings some good players in.” “I think we will do that, and we can have a good season.”

“We have to make sure this doesn’t happen again – that’s the main thing here,” “We didn’t start the season well, then we had a great run. I think we were fifth in the table at one point.”

“It was like a roller-coaster. We lost eight games in a row, and that was a hard thing.” “That is one thing that can’t happen again.” “We have to improve. I’m confident we can do that.”

Siem de Jong and Rolando Aarons will be like new signings for us, and we also have Jamaal Lascelles and goalkeeper Karl Darlow joining us after being on loan at Nottingham Forest last season.

It’s important that Newcastle sign some good players quickly, and that will help us keep our good players like Daryl at the club.

It wouldn’t be a surprise if some bids came in for him this summer – and maybe one from his former Dutch World Cup coach Louis van Gaal, who is now at Manchester United.

What do you think?

Tags: Coaching · Daryl Janmaat · Fabricio Coloccini · Newcastle News · Premier League

99 responses so far ↓

• 1 Lilongwe Geordie // Jun 30, 2015 at 8:54 AM

Personality flaws aside, Kinnear is far more qualified to be on the board than Moncur, Carr and unless Charnley sticks to the non football side, Charnley.

McClaren as a Head Coach shouldn’t be on the board. Nor should Carr. They are only there because the club fail to appoint the correct people to implement the structure that they have tried to put in place.

Having McClaren on the board is completely contradictory to having a role as a Head Coach. He should be involved no more than on the training ground and match days. If they want McClaren to be in charge of more than that he should be manager, and remove a large portion of control from both Carr and Charnley.

• 2 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 8:55 AM

Oh dear
    This just Sports Mole recycling an old Shields Gazette interview given at the end of the season.

• 3 Toon_Tom // Jun 30, 2015 at 8:55 AM

I really rate Janmaat and agree that he was our best player last season – but do you reward someone with the arm band simply for playing well?

What happened to the one who shows leadership – motivates his team mates – pulls them up when they’re down….

We don’t have any of those really – so yeah…. give it to Daryl!!!

• 4 Toon_Tom // Jun 30, 2015 at 8:56 AM

Lil @1 – HereHere!!!

• 5 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 8:57 AM

Unfortunately Joe’s personality flaws tended to blot everything else out.

• 6 thevirus // Jun 30, 2015 at 9:01 AM

Unfortunately daryl I’ve been confident of big improvements for years now but the realisation that absolutely f**k all worthwhile is going to happen with this club has firmly settled in.

• 7 BandB // Jun 30, 2015 at 9:04 AM

The “new board” is a nonsense. A fig-leaf to cover Ashley distancing himself from the football decisions in an effort to take himself out of the firing line he suddenly found himself in.

It appears to still work exactly as Charnley said earlier this year. Carr scouts the players, Charnley finds out what we can can them for, Ashley says yay or nay.
    McClaren can express an opinion, but other considerations will likely take precedence.

• 8 Spellcheck // Jun 30, 2015 at 9:18 AM

That’s one hell of a fig leaf.

• 9 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 9:18 AM

Ahhh 50,000 fans — 50,000 opinions

Another SBR quote

• 10 BandB // Jun 30, 2015 at 9:19 AM

And that is the only rational way the structure can work with the current personnel, unless you imagine Carr is actually de facto director of football, or that McClaren is de facto manager, or that Bob Moncur is suddenly an actual executive director.

• 11 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 9:19 AM

It only has to cover his willy

• 12 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 9:24 AM

May well have it right , maybe they are all Ashley’s creatures , like one of these rubber stamp committees in a totalitarian state.
    I think not , time will tell .
    If BandB is right
    I’ll bare me bum in Fenwicks window and you are all invited.

• 13 BandB // Jun 30, 2015 at 9:26 AM

More of a Tudor court.
    Ashley has the rubber stamp.
    More of a Royal Seal, really.

• 14 Spellcheck // Jun 30, 2015 at 9:30 AM

Don’t forget his huge set of balls.

• 15 BandB // Jun 30, 2015 at 9:32 AM

Aren’t his balls hanging up somewhere in the trophy room at Rangers?

• 16 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 9:33 AM

Yup city commentators say he has big cojones

• 17 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 9:38 AM

• 18 BandB // Jun 30, 2015 at 9:46 AM

The article is three weeks old.
    I’ll update you.
    The EGM wasn’t explosive, because no-one from Sports Direct turned up, even though they called it at some considerable expense to the club.
    There was a massive vote not to repay Ashley his loan.
    He has since won a temporary injunction preventing the new Rangers board from publishing details of alleged deals done to the detriment of the club and benefit of SD while Ashley was in charge.

• 19 BandB // Jun 30, 2015 at 9:50 AM

Next time I rob someone in the street I’ll get them to sign a confidentiality clause before I let them go.

• 20 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 9:54 AM

The age of piece is not the point
    The inference was Rangers have Ashley by the stotts , the reverse would appear to be the case.

• 21 Mr Magpie // Jun 30, 2015 at 9:57 AM

According to the express which to be fair isn’t the most reliable source of information but anyway they are reporting that Chelsea have bid 12.8m for Stutgart cb Antonio Rudiger.

We really should be matching that bid as he is young & already a quality cb & will only improve.

• 22 lesh // Jun 30, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Talk of the so called football ‘board’ is a fallacy. Charnley’ll be the only corporate Director with Carr, Moncur and McClaren being no more than members of a committee who are responsible for presenting their recommendations to Ashley for approval.

As yet, we don’t appear to have a Finance Director to present qualified financial opinion and the trio of Carr, Moncur and McClaren having no executive authority. So, Charnley, unqualified in any meaningful sense, is the one who has the final say on any recommendations the other three make.

What a way to manage a multi-million pound business. A typical Ashley shambles.

Speaking of which, one would hope that fan-reps to the Forum will be asking why there’s been no positive transfer activity in the three to four weeks since the season ended.

Charnley should be questioned vigorously and he’ll be expecting it, so don’t be surprised if he’s unable to attend the Forum.

• 23 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 9:58 AM

Any way no one comes out the ongoing Rangers debacle with any credit.

• 24 BandB // Jun 30, 2015 at 9:59 AM

If Ashley was being carried out of the ring spark out on a stretcher, you’d still be holding his arm in the air.

• 25 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:07 AM

Mr Magpie
    Someone the other day passed the remark that Chelsea and Man City buy players with no intention of playing them immediately but with the sole purpose of pre-empting their EPL rivals.
    I think this may be one of those.

• 26 Rotonda heights // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:09 AM

”Revealed third of season tickets unsold: Then claims of 3 Newcastle bids…any link? ”

Spot on.

• 27 Mr Magpie // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:17 AM

It’s ridiculous that they are buying their next team, then loaning them out for experience so when they return they can hit the ground running.

Chelsea have basically have the funds & have found a loophole to buy the best future prospects to ensure they will be top for years to come. If Rudiger signs then him & Zouma as their cb paring for the next 10 years with Ake as backup….crazy!

• 28 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:24 AM

How many of that 1/3 are full annual renewals or just monthly d/d’s do you imagine
    I’ve just done a quick calc working on an average price per ST of £750 and 17,000 failed renewals (worst case scenario), and the figure is less than £13 million , with what they have in the bank I think The Mag are grossly over estimating the clubs worrying about ST sales.

• 29 Toon_Tom // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:26 AM

Jib – you don’t think Ashley is concerned that season ticket sales have dropped??

• 30 toonincheek // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:28 AM

I question the makeup of the NUFC Board.
    That being the executive Board.

The Football Board is a term coined by MA which
    maybe describes how the football side is supposed
    to work, but I’m sure that term is not given any legal
    status within the club.

Seems to me Elsie is the only one with executive

• 31 BandB // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:30 AM

I think his point is that £13m is peanuts to Ashley.
    Which begs the question as to why he can’t part with a few extra million to land some decent players.

Loyal fans may be voting with their feet. But Ashley is okay.

To some, that’s just fine.

• 32 Graeme // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:32 AM

Jib, the reality is that almost 7000 have not renewed their season tickets, but those that are placed on the open market have also not been taken up. I guess the total number available will fall a long way short of your estimated 17,000 – unfortunately.

• 33 Tsunki // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:35 AM

Board Schmoard. Business as usual. We have the necessary staff required to keep us in the league, no more. The only reason why we might and I say might see some transfer activity over and above the vital bin emptying of substandard players / wage sapping freeloaders is in a paltry attempt to garner some interest in season ticket sales. it’s quite a blow to the cash flow when your up front working capital is falling short by a third. I know Mike CAN afford to be missing a few of those small potatoes, but he doesn’t WANT to, seeing as he’s been aggressively plugging his ‘ self sufficiency’ agenda to excuse the Club’s reticence in player investment.

• 34 Graeme // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:36 AM

BandB – I think Ashley’s complete contempt for the fans has been clearly demonstrated over many years. We are just a necessary inconvenience to his advertising of his tat shops.

• 35 Tsunki // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:36 AM

From small potatoes to peanuts. Just think what Monkeys we could get with those….

• 36 Tsunki // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:40 AM

OK let’s say it’s only a paltry measly little £13m. Now someone have a go and explain to me why the man that is Mike Ashley would wave away a sum like that as chump change, and without using the line ‘ because he already has loads more than that’ or the legendary ‘ he chucks more than that on the roulette wheel on a weekend ‘

• 37 optimistic prime // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:41 AM

Yeah the clubs definatley not bothered about season tickets renewals.

Ashley’s interview and the double extension on the st deadline was for shits and giggles.

Someone must have a job as a roof thatcher, all the straws he grabs at must be for something.

• 38 The overrated Frenchman // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:43 AM

The poor souls who faithfully, blindly, mindlessly continue attending games can only help to prop up the regime, however you cut the cloth. To all of you who turn up to St James this season and continue to support Mike Ashley’s team, I fully expect you to get what you deserve….

• 39 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:44 AM

I did say worst case scenario.
    I’m sure those in the club responsible for sales will be concerned at the slow pick up hence the deadline extensions but nowhere near as concerned as The Mag would like them to be.
    Maybe they did
    Realised it wasn’t the nightmare they claimed.
    And , and ,
    whisper it,
    suppressed the info!!!!!!!
    surely those nice folk at the Mag wouldn’t do that , just to put the club they love in a bad light.

• 40 Tsunki // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:45 AM

Puts a plug in the argument that boycotts don’t work. They don’t have to be riotous, horse punching loud mouthed banner waving affairs after all. Just folk quietly voting with their armchairs. Maybe it will prod them into actually doing something proactive for a change.

• 41 cyprus // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:46 AM

Very good player, but I missed the leadership skills. I saw no one listening to him, I didn’t see him take control of huddles… he played well, well done.

We still need a leader, someone who will refuse to lose and take everyone else with him!

• 42 BandB // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:47 AM

The old blog canard that Ashley doesn’t have to worry about fan opinion died the day he appointed a PR guru specialising in crisis management.

He is gambling that the fans are going to crack first, and that fans on the brink like Oldgit won’t be able to sever the tie when push comes to shove.

I don’t know why he should think that, because many thousands have, over several years now.

• 43 BandB // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:49 AM

The Mag didn’t do the work. You should read more.

• 44 optimistic prime // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:52 AM

I hate the mag, terrible publication.
    I think I’ll spend my days critiquing every article they publish or just throw wild speculation at what I think the article will say.

I’ll decide over my paella at the bingo

• 45 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:55 AM

The Mag printed it .
    I read it.
    Simple really

• 46 BandB // Jun 30, 2015 at 10:58 AM

“It seems strange that The Mag having gone to the trouble of extracting all that information with percentages for each block etc. , then didn’t go the obvious last step and put a cash figure on it.”

No they didn’t.
    The Telegraph named its source in the original article.
    So your conclusion that The Mag did all the work from malice against the club also falls.
    You should read more.

• 47 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:01 AM

Jeff…if you didn’t spend all your time on here you could accomplish that!

• 48 Toon_Tom // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:04 AM

I have no idea how anyone can be happy with the current state of affairs.

New Look Board is a joke
    Lack of transfer activity is a joke
    Offering peanuts and potaos for transfer targets is a joke

I am looking forward to next season – just as I miss the termoil and emotions that go with match day for me – but massive changes are required and were expected – and yet nothing looks to be in the pipeline other than offloading Cisse, Tiote, maybe even Krul.

• 49 Mister Tuff // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:06 AM

Mr Tubbs…………………………………OOT
    Spouter of misinformation…………….OOT

• 50 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:07 AM

The guy that did the work has a twatter account called “ashleyslies” so I think we can make a fair stab at his stance .

• 51 BandB // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:08 AM

You are backtracking.

• 52 Moonraker15 // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:10 AM

It’s all so embarrassing with all these clubs making genuine attempts to sign players and we’ve got a bunch of numpties making us look stupid. The best thing would be for Wally to walk out and totally show them up for what they are doing to our great club!

• 53 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:11 AM

Your English is letting you down again !
    accomplish what ?

• 54 Moonraker15 // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:12 AM

I’ll give anyone odds on that we sell before we buy !

• 55 Moonraker15 // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:14 AM

I’m beginning to think Charnley is THE problem now, not Ashley!

• 56 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Why do I feel like this

• 57 BandB // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Your English is excellent.
    I love languages, but I have no talent for any of them.
    So your dexterity is a thing of wonder to me.

• 58 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:15 AM

Why not start a website –

• 59 Mister Tuff // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:21 AM

backed into a corner – easy peasy.
    You are backed into a corner because you talk a load of crap and you are the blog pest and spouter of non interest rubbish.

• 60 Munster Mag // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:24 AM

Rotunda, I thought you would be pleased with Cathro – glad to hear you happy. Its a long time coming. I didnt think Pardew was the fool that people said, and he will prove it at Palce I think ( but hope he messes up ) but its speaks volumes for Shteve that he wants a hungry hurgry coach underneath him. Not that loing ago, I dreaded someone like Big Eck coming in, doing ok instead of Charva, and then getting the gig full time. That could easily have happened. It has actually worked out well. Charva got the job because he is matey with Charnley, but did so bad that he ended up ripping nearly the whole coaching staff out of the club. Result!

• 61 Munster Mag // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Genuine question – Is there any chance Charnley has been away on hols ?

• 62 Mr Magpie // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:27 AM

If Cisse is to be sold & only the 1 striker brought in to replace him & give competition to Perez & Rivierre.

Would anybody bring John Guidetti in on a free transfer?

• 63 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:30 AM

You suggested I read more so I did

23 articles suggests more than a casual acquaintance with The Mag

In fact there are a couple of pieces by Bea Handby which catch the eye.

• 64 lesh // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Like you, I suspect that Charnley hasn’t been around of late.

Holiday? Sickness? AWOL?

We can only speculate but I fancy that he’s been in holiday and if that is the case, the only person with executive authority’s not available.

That, I’d call dereliction of his responsibilities as a corporate director.

As said earlier, I’d like to think he’ll be in for a hard time at the Fans Forum!

• 65 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:36 AM

Jeff…on a second thought you probably couldn’t accomplish that!

BandB…thanks for the complement. Means alot!

• 66 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:37 AM

Charmless is either crap at his job of getting players in
    very good at his job – being put in place by Ashley of putting a spanner in the works f getting transfers over the line

• 67 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:44 AM

Back to more interesting stuff.
    This is about the 3rd or 4th South American we have been linked with in the Italian press this week.
    Lucas Ocampos from Monaco on loan at Marseilles since January

Maybe there has been so little movement because we are going South American and most of them aint in Europe cos of the Copa

• 68 John Tudor // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:48 AM

all guff and mirrors
    twasteds oot

• 69 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:51 AM

Could Charmless be conveniently on holiday until the end of August?

• 70 expatmag // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:55 AM

Still early days guys but not expecting anything major coming in yet.

I agree with Moonraker. Someone will be sold before anyone comes in.

• 71 John Tudor // Jun 30, 2015 at 11:57 AM

ashley is certainly not sold on spending nufc ‘s money

• 72 Toonfan8 // Jun 30, 2015 at 12:26 PM

Ocampos would be brilliant player here

• 73 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 30, 2015 at 12:29 PM

Breaking news!!!!!!

Oh, hang on…..wind. i meant breaking wind.

• 74 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 30, 2015 at 12:30 PM

I take it there is no sign of an announcement or just a small message to let us know if we have a coaching 5eam?

• 75 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 30, 2015 at 12:31 PM

• 76 toonking // Jun 30, 2015 at 12:39 PM

Saw a report in the chronicle yesterday, interesting fact about it is even ashley himself is never usually this slow

could it be true what lesh says charnley is away, perhaps he’s got too much attention focusing on coaching situation because when you think about it he’s only had to change at the end of the season 3 times KK, chris hughton and mac. although unlikely maybe just maybe he is going to all mac the choices therefore mac does revision and we get active late july

• 77 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 12:46 PM

I don’t recall any big flurry of trumpets or fanfares when Stone and Carver were appointed , from memory it used to be when the official team foto was done that you found out who the coaching backroom were.
    You read the names at the bottom and usually go “Who?”
    Te first time I realized Derek Fazackerley was on Keegans staff was when I saw him run on the pitch at a home game.

• 78 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 12:48 PM

Actually that may have been Bobby Saxton

• 79 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 30, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Still no news??????

No downing either

• 80 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 30, 2015 at 12:51 PM

Who asked for a flurry of trumpets et.c????
    I somtimes wonder which mushrooms you have been eating. You frequently see things on the screen that are not actually there.

• 81 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 12:53 PM

In the Russell Cushing days RC used to go about 10 days or a few weeks ahead of the team when they had foreign tours to make sure the hotels and training facilities were up to scratch , just a thought.

• 82 lesh // Jun 30, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Charlie in the Gallowgate

Aye, I suspect both he and Ashley’d prefer it if he weren’t around until the summer’s out. They could then blame illness or something that prevented any incoming players of any note.

Leavers’d no doubt be easier to manage of course!

And, job done, another successful window.

• 83 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Nobody inferred YOU asked for a flurry of trumpets.
    Chill the fcuk out

• 84 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jun 30, 2015 at 12:57 PM

Yeah Ashley be thinking ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

• 85 lesh // Jun 30, 2015 at 12:57 PM

Aye but if transfers aren’t progressed till the end of July, we’ll have been in the USA – promoting a club that’s got no new faces bedding in!

I wouldn’t be surprised though, money’s the driver for Ashley — ambition doesn’t figure in his vocabulary.

• 86 lesh // Jun 30, 2015 at 12:58 PM

C’mon don’t be a such a doubting Thomas – you could be right though.

• 87 lesh // Jun 30, 2015 at 1:01 PM

It’s all falling nicely into place

• 88 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 30, 2015 at 1:02 PM

Well bloody confirm then

• 89 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jun 30, 2015 at 1:06 PM

This summers transfer window is taken on a familiar look to the last few seasons – very little frantic last day pretending to go after players – then ‘we tried our hardest put bids in couldn’t get them over the line in time’

Hope I am wrong – but call me cynical !!!!!!!!!

• 90 SuperShearer // Jun 30, 2015 at 1:08 PM

Dear Mr. Ashley,
    Do you recall at the end of last season, when we were on the brink of relegation, you stated that you’d made mistakes? You told us that you would change your policies, that you would put a good horse in front of the now stable cart in order to ensure that our near relegation scrap of the last two seasons didn’t happen again. We therefore ask, politely, you click on the link below and see that of all the Premiership teams in the league next season we are one of only a handful NOT to have made a single signing yet. Two of those are Chelsea and Manchester City, two clubs with considerably more clout and pulling power than us.

If you want to see this club become successful, like you claim to, then you need to stop haggling over small change because if we are relegated next season there will be only one person to blame.
    You worry about the lack of season ticket sales? You’re a businessman sir, you cannot sell a product unless there is something to actually sell and at the moment we, as fans, are yet to be convinced that there is anything for us to buy other than rhetoric and propaganda.

• 91 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 30, 2015 at 1:11 PM

Tut tut. You are such an angry person. Your comment came as soon as I mentioned wanting some sort of sign things were sorted. Lay off those mushrooms.

• 92 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jun 30, 2015 at 1:14 PM

Anyone know if The Mag’ is still running their transfer-ometer. If so – like to know how many targets we have been linked with – Don’t need to know how many we have got in – its a big fat ZERO

• 93 JDdubai // Jun 30, 2015 at 1:19 PM

Obviosuly i feel the uneasiness that we all do at the silence on transfers once again.

However i dont think we have missed out on anyone at the moment, the players we seem genuinely linked with havent gone to other teams, Austin, Matip, Thauvin, van Ginkel, Mitrovic(tho i cant see him coming at all)and maybe others.

Am still clinging on to the hope that we will finalise these deals and are waiting for some reason until July kicks in and the window opens.

• 94 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Jun 30, 2015 at 1:21 PM

Still nothing announced? Ffs!

• 95 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 30, 2015 at 1:22 PM

Argentines now?

• 96 Our Toon // Jun 30, 2015 at 1:23 PM

I personally think we have missed out on a couple of players, Ayew and Richards the latter could have played at CB and would have been a threat from corners. All we’ve done by delaying making moves is allow other teams to look at our targets as they’ve missed out on there main targets

• 97 Jib // Jun 30, 2015 at 1:30 PM

Toon from Leeds

Lucas Ocampos ?

Never heard of him !!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha

• 98 optimistic prime // Jun 30, 2015 at 1:33 PM

Didn’t you say you’d spoke to Carr at the hotel around Xmas?

Let the cat out of the bag, who did Carr mention? Did he promote Schteeve?

• 99 ToonFromLeeds // Jun 30, 2015 at 1:36 PM

I’ve never heard if ocampos

previous post: Newcastle Have Recently Bid For Three Players