Newcastle Still In For Top International Defender

Abdelkader Jilani is the agent of Newcastle center-back target Aymen Abdennour, and he is doing his best to get as many clubs in Europe interested in his client as possible this summer, so there can be an auction – the fee goes up – and Jilani looks to get a huge pay-day for himself.

Sorry – I should have said  he is looking to get a very good deal for his client.

Aymen Abdennour +Monaco+v+Arsenal+ZTlKTNHwjWJl

Aymen Abdennour – lots of clubs interested.

Jilani’s latest pronouncements are to Italian site Calciomercato about a player Newcastle have supposed to bid around £12M for.

Here’s what he has said:

“Abdennour is one of the best defenders on the European stage and it’s only natural he is admired.”

“There were some proposals from England and Spain, while in Italy there were only enquiries – so no official offer on the table or negotiations in progress.”

“At the moment he has a contract with Monaco, so anyone who wants him must speak to the Principality club. They deserve respect.”

“What I can say right now is there is nothing concrete with Italian clubs – Italy is an option, but the right offer must come in.”

Here’s a classic case of an agent trying to drum up interest in his client.

There’s no doubt that Abdennour is a very good player and it’s good that Newcastle have bid for him – if that news is true.

He had an excellent first full season for Monaco last term – but he is also very ambitious – more ambitious than the present day Newcastle.

And he already has Champions League football at Monaco, and has said more than once that he will only join a club that has Champions League football.

Jilani says that a number of top clubs are interested in him including Barcelona, Arsenal (you came them) and also some top Italian clubs, but that he prefers to go to England or Spain.

So unless one of the two Manchester clubs, Chelsea or Arsenal come in for him, we suppose Newcastle sill have some chance of signing him, if he decides he wants to come to the Premier League.

But it has to be an outside chance at best for the 33 times capped Algerian International.

And we are assuming that Lee Charnley is working his socks off to get some good players into the club over the next week or so.

What do you think?

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:37 AM

Are they still in for him or anyone or is it just a lot of paper talk, blog talk.
    Most likely haven’t put in a bid for anyone.
    Has Ashley, Carr, Charmless and McLaren et al been seen

• optimistic prime

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:41 AM

Where’s all the players we’ve signed?

Xmas in July looks like it’s going to be a major let down, the windows been open 9hrs and 4mins and still no one 🙁

Someone show Charnley how to use the phone or send a e mail

• optimistic prime

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:43 AM

I don’t know if this has been shared already. The headline could have been wrote by Ashley or bishop

• lloydie780

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:46 AM

BEFORE YOU POST TFL why dont you stop coming up with irrelevant comments/pointless remarks, followed by a link to your website which is obviously failing as everytime i go on it there are 0 comments. Half the articles are made up/your own opinions and not those of fact or reported news. On top of that i think its a bit wrong to be pushing your blog on a successful blog by trying to entice people onto it constantly. I like people debating/chatting on here but your constant efforts to drag views into your pages do p**s me off. This is coming from a guy who never comments but has been reading the blog since 2008. please talk,please debate but please stop sending links to your website on here. Regards

• Mister Tuff

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Just checked the official site – nothing new on it at all apart from tickets are available for the Gateshead game and that ST’s are now on general sale.
    They must be going to pull some ridiculous PR stunt.
    I really hope that there are some strong voices at the FF meeting on Monday evening and that some relevant questions are asked.
    They should refuse to accept “the board agreed” and delve further along the lines of “who originally came up with the idea” – they really need to probe further. Then we’ll see how open and transparent they really are.

• Jib

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:54 AM

If the fans forum is only made up of season ticket holders , won’t there be 1/3 missing ?

• ToonFromLeeds

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:54 AM

lloydie780
    I have been using this blog for donkeys, I follow the other blog which is nothing to do with me and use it as reference to add or start a conversation. I’ve explained my situation and I certainatly aren’t doing it again.

• Slank

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:55 AM

optimistic prime

Granted the headline is rubbish but few would argue about the potential of the players described in the article perhaps with the exception of Sammy.

• BandB

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:56 AM

Tuff,

The fact that season tickets are now on general sale in all areas of the ground has passed with surprisingly little comment.

It can often be cheaper not to have one. A one-year season ticket holder in the East Stand would have paid £710 for the privilege last season.

A member of the public attending on a match-by-match basis would have paid £615.
    That is on the basis that they would have been unable to attend the derby and the Liverpool game, but were present at all the other home games.

• Jib

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:59 AM

OP
    That Sky list is from 28th May

• lloydie780

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:00 AM

TFL. Think its simple then, just dont bother posting links to that same site every article Ed types. Im sure people would check that website as often as you do if it was relevant or a good source. You have shown links so often im pretty sure people are aware it now exists.

• expatmag

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:01 AM

Morning TUFF

Thank you for your advice but you, of all people, should know be better.

I am rarely influenced by people in any walk of life and with regard to posters on a blog, I tend to have convivial and courteous interaction unless provoked then I tend to ignore as best possible.

Carl or Ian Toon as you call him gas been respectful and friendly in the limited discussions I have had with him do there is no need for me to ignore or abuse just because others have been upset by him.

If it did occur in the future, then I will deal with it in my own way without involving others. Hope i have not offended you by this reply, old mate.

• optimistic prime

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:02 AM

Using google isn’t one of my key skills

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:02 AM

TFL

Why not just state the gist of the article without the link?

On topic, there is surely next to no chance of him coming in. If the price and competition isn’t scaring Charnley off, the actions of his agent will be.

• Tsunki

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:03 AM

I think sense is the order of the day with tickets being selectively taken up on a match by match basis. Better not to be virtually obliged to attend a run like we had in the last ten games.

I know the st’s are reasonably cheap, but in many cases last year even if they were free they weren’t worth it.

• mickalfas

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:04 AM

Surely we could have agreed something with Austin before royal ascot,his wedding ,now his honeymoon, like other clubs have done
    Pure speculation ,season ticket sales on the agenda !!

• optimistic prime

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:05 AM

Slank

I agree, I’d love to see a few of our kids make it. The everyone talks about Schteeeve there’s a chance they’ll get a chance.

It was only the headline I didn’t appreciate. It was more than likely picked just to wind the fans up a bit.

• ToonFromLeeds

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:05 AM

lloydie780
    I will do as I want, other people share links from other sources, the mag, sky sports etc.

• ToonFromLeeds

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:06 AM

Training starts/started today so why have we not had news on the coaches

• BandB

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:08 AM

Tsunki

“But I’ve already paid for my ticket and Ashley’s got my money, so what’s the point?’ was an argument put forward many times last season.

It appears there is a perfectly workable way to support the team and not the regime without putting yourself in this position.

• Macas

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:08 AM

TFL – Your links are fine, not sure why people make such a big deal of it.

• Jib

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:09 AM

Leeds
    Don’t bandy words with him
    Just tell him to do one

• ToonFromLeeds

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:10 AM

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:10 AM

The season tickets is an interesting sideline this summer. Interesting to see how the club will handle it PR wise. I already thought the begging letter was a step too far and showed their hand, which is unusuak for NUFC. But they have been making increasingly erratic and reactive PR lately.

Surely it will come down to a stand – off for Chsrnley between sticking to a failing sporting but profitable model and continuing to see fan unrest and attendances slip.

Surely he realises there is no way to marry the two now. Maybe a few years ago there could have more of a compromise but it’s gone too far now.

• lloydie780

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:11 AM

TFL not everyone shares a link every article and not everyone shares a link to the same website everytime. Maybe try some other websites for links or some of relevance?

• Mister Tuff

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:11 AM

BandB – looks like one ore two have done the sums and worked out that going match by match is cheaper. You may not get a ticket for the “big games” but apart from that why commit financially in these uncertain times when the quality of the product is not known.
    Shameful really – I was reading somewhere last season that Spurs had an ST waiting list of, and I’m sure the number quoted was over 40,000.
    Makes me wonder why they do not seem to grasp that if they were selling a quality product -they also would flog all their ST’s.

• Jaybee

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:11 AM

Training about to start & no new faces. Just like past seasons.
    Ashley & Charnley seems to be doing nothing to keep their promise of new players.
    Just a ploy to get season ticket renewals.
    If no one is signed we are destined for the Championship.

• optimistic prime

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:12 AM

Check it out, I’m posting links to.

If you don’t want to read them, don’t read them, simples.

I like to look at others links, there’s sometimes a piece of info I might not have seen before.

I don’t read the NUFC digest ones as when I have looked theyre a copy and paste of a article I’ve already read on another site.

Ed seemingly isn’t bothered so no biggy

• ToonFromLeeds

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:13 AM

lloydie780
    I’ve told you my stance, I aren’t changing for you.
    end of.

• Jib

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:13 AM

BandB
    A good point
    There must be lot of fans who didn’t boycott because they had paid.
    Many now thinking “I’ll prolly go to all the games but if I need to I can make a protest AND save money”

• BandB

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:15 AM

Tuff

Season ticket sales also underpin arm-twisting measures like the membership scheme, which play on the notion of limited availability to screw significant sums out of supporters.

If there are significant numbers of unsold seats for the derby….does the club refuse to open the paying turnstiles?

• cestriasteve

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:15 AM

I’m sick of reading about this link however there are a few points to note:

1. He isn’t coming to us, way out of our league, definitely champions league material

2. Where was our scouting network when he was starting to show the buds of a great centre half at Toulouse, scouted the wrong guy!!

• expatmag

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:15 AM

Lloydie

You can always just ignore the links.

• ToonFromLeeds

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:17 AM

cestria, no chance he’ll come but aside from Matip have we been linked to any other decent CB’s?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:17 AM

Senor Tuff…because those running Newcastle are not sensible people!

• optimistic prime

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:17 AM

The season ticket situation is quite strange. The lad who wrote the original article said 30% of tickets weren’t sold.

Yesterday he wrote another which said the club was showing tickets that still hadn’t been renewed as already being sold. So there’s a very good chance there’ll be a lot less sold than 30%.

If you’re reading this and haven’t renewed, please check online to see if your ticket has been designated as sold.

• optimistic prime

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:18 AM

A lot less unsold

• expatmag

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:18 AM

Cestria

Totally agree. He is destined for a lot better than us, like 90% of the targets linked this summer so far.

• musomag

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:19 AM

Krull and Sissoko not involved in first day of training