The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Photos From First Day Of Training – Fan Forum Meeting

10:44 pm, Wednesday, July 1st, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 71 Comments

Steve McClaren got straight down to work at the first day of pre-season training today – but Newcastle fans still have to wait for the announcement of McClaren’s coaching staff and there was little communication form Newcastle today – other than four youngsters getting their first professional deals.

Those were striker Tom Heardman, midfielder Liam Smith and defenders Jamie Sterry and Macaulay Gillesphey, who were all offered terms back in March, and have all signed their deals today.

Congratulations to all four of them.

steve mcclaren training 1

Steve McClaren with Ayoze Perez  and Siem de Jong
Two new signings a year ago and all smiles today

Bit its being reported that Steve McClaren is none too happy at the lack of any new faces at the club and he m,et with other Board members Lee Charnley, Graham Carr and Bob Moncur to go through where the club is on various of their targets

The club is getting off to a very slow start this summer – and it’s when we really needed to bring in one or two very early last month to try to lift the mood, not only of the fans – but of the players too.

It’s Lee Charnley’s responsibility to get this thing off the ground – and he just has to be more aggressive.

Faint heart never won fair lady – he who hesitates is lost is lost – fortune favors the brave.

steve mcclaren training 4

Vurnon Anita, new boy Jamaal Lascelles and Jack Colback

steve mcclaren training 3

Steven Taylor and Massadio Haidara – both fit again

steve mcclaren training 2

Steve McClaren – pointing the way

With very little news so far coming out of Newcastle and no signings, the next Fans Forum meeting planned for Monday night is going to be interesting and may give is more information – we certainly need it.

Tags: Ayoze Perez · Jack Colback · Jamaal Lascelles · Newcastle News · Pre-season · Premier League · Siem de Jong · Steven Taylor · Training Ground · Vurnon Anita

71 responses so far ↓

• 1 mickalfas // Jul 1, 2015 at 10:46 PM

Ashley OUT

• 2 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 10:46 PM

Ed, I just posted a link to those pics.

Where’s me cut?

• 3 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 10:47 PM

Is that fitness coach new?

• 4 Average_Contents // Jul 1, 2015 at 10:48 PM

Nobody knows

• 5 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 10:49 PM

That new coaching team take smashing photos. Their fingers must be aching.

• 6 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 10:50 PM

No he isn’t, I’ve just checked.

He’s been here for last 2 seasons atleast.

• 7 WWSBRD // Jul 1, 2015 at 10:51 PM

Dissappointed?! I will be fing livid

• 8 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 10:51 PM

Anyone got a spare ticket for the fans forum? I fancy a laugh.

• 9 WWSBRD // Jul 1, 2015 at 10:52 PM

On topic that training gear…Christ

• 10 Average_Contents // Jul 1, 2015 at 10:53 PM

Looks a little haggard in that first pic does shteve.

Wonder if he’s cottoned on yet? By the looks of it I’d say definitely yes.

FOUR new signings on July 1st “see, they have been busy”

Get in.

• 11 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 10:54 PM

Vuckic wants to go back to Rangers

I knew you would be

• 12 Average_Contents // Jul 1, 2015 at 10:56 PM

Is….no it can’t it him..nar..wait it’s Curtis Good. In the flesh.

Like a new signing….

(his back is to the camera in the last pic)

• 13 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 10:57 PM

If your teenager turns up for the first year of A levels and discovers that the people entrusted with guiding them through these crucial years haven’t been appointed, even they might feel a trifle affronted by the shocking negligence of the school.

Perhaps these professional footballers just thought: “Yippee…let’s have a bit of a doss in the sunshine.”

• 14 WWSBRD // Jul 1, 2015 at 10:58 PM

There will be tears…though tomorrow we will be battling West Ham, Spurs, Liverpool and probably Palace for Dragovic then he will sign for a Italian team, that’s how this goes right

U have a rather keen eye for the back of Goods head, a little scary that

• 15 Average_Contents // Jul 1, 2015 at 10:59 PM

Bet the club don’t know.

“Welcome aboard (insert name)”

Looks around like wtf.

• 16 Jib // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:01 PM

Defo Curtis Good
    Good news that (no pun intended)
    Just posting so Ed can compare my ip addy to Das Boot and confirm that BandB (surprise surprise) is talking shite.

• 17 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:01 PM

Ashleys media partners will be getting a slap on the wrists after this article

• 18 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:01 PM

Oi fatty, get your shite direct signs out of the training ground. It’s bad enough seeing them at SJP

• 19 Average_Contents // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:02 PM

I’m excellent at recognising people from all angles WW mate, especially the rear lol. I wanted to elaborate but as there’s a lady present decided against it 😀

• 20 Mag52 // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:02 PM

We can have very little confidence in Ashley’s fine words a short time ago so long as Charnley remains in place.
    He is a guy totally out of his depth, and will be a brake on any possibility the club has for moving forward as long as he is there.

• 21 Jib // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:03 PM

What your motivation for all this is I have no idea.
    Bunch of weirdos
    It’s just a footy blog ffs
    Suenos dulces

• 22 WWSBRD // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:04 PM

Hahaha not getting any less scared mate
    Be surprised if Good has a future at the club

• 23 Das Boot // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:04 PM

“Keep the blood flowing down to your feet, Brother Lois will be around in a minute, with a bucket filled with squirreled meat.”

• 24 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:05 PM

Not long now

Howay the lasses

• 25 Average_Contents // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:05 PM

Speaking of ladies, where’s Jane….I mean jeff….I mean jib.

Now that’s one classy broad.

• 26 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:07 PM

After the hate crime posting of last night, it isn’t in Ed’s hands now, Jib.

• 27 Belfast // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:08 PM

Think Jeff might actually be one of those white blokes with ginger beards in Syria.

Are you posting from Raqqua Jeffrey?

• 28 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:10 PM

I would urge you all to send a screen shot of last night’s postings to Northumbria Police.
    They have a zero tolerance policy to hate crimes committed within British jurisdiction.

• 29 Average_Contents // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:11 PM

Haha, just recognised him from the sideish view of the camera angle.

Good eye mate good eye.

Eye eye.

Just thought I’d pop on before I go get my head down, don’t get much time nowadays.

Early start tomorrow so I’m outta here

Oh BandB

Naughtiness. Teasing the poor lad like that. Hope your Ok op buddy.

• 30 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:12 PM

BandB all last nights postings have been deleted

• 31 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:12 PM

Ed himself has promised me he will fully comply with requests to hand over IP addresses of people in potential breach of British law.

• 32 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:13 PM

I can supply the screen shots.

• 33 Brummie // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:15 PM

Ashley Out now!!! Cheap ass

• 34 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:16 PM

Although I completely agree with you that the postings were vile and disgusting I’m not sure they are illegal, the jokes posted can be found many places online and Chubby Brown tells much worse

• 35 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:18 PM

“Wharrier Street School self-made man website investigated for hate crimes.”

Oh, the shame for the old Alma Mater….a decent school trying to spread a message of decency and respect in a tough neighbourhood.

• 36 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:20 PM

Chubby knows the line isn’t where it was 25 years ago.

I know that for a fact.

• 37 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:22 PM

You lot are as slow as the NUFC board 😉

There’s been a new thread for ten minutes

• 38 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:24 PM

And your post stands in splendid isolation OP.

I know what I’m doing.

• 39 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:25 PM

Believe me I don’t condone what has gone on but I have Chubby’s latest DVD in that he tells a thalidomide joke and some other jokes about disability and race.
    There is a website called Sickapedia which as it sounds is a place for the sickest and racist jokes and that’s been going years.
    So although this is not the correct place for those kind of jokes, I don’t believe they are illegal

• 40 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:27 PM

Are you are lawyer TFL?

These things attract shocking publicity, whether there is a conviction or not.

• 41 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:29 PM

And if you have a Chubby Brown DVD with that material on it, you are condoning it, surely?

• 42 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:30 PM

No but I have looked up on this many times, this is more ill judgement than anything else.
    Someone telling a few jokes whether funny or not is a whole different ball game to someone having an all out dig at someone

• 43 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:30 PM

I do find some of Chubby’s material funny but not all

• 44 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:30 PM

My point is I know Ed’s old school.

It would be ashamed to let any of its pupils look at his blog.

• 45 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:32 PM

Believe me I think it’s digusting and if I was in Ed’s shoes I would want the perpertrators banning for life but unfortunately the law is powerless

• 46 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:33 PM

You are talking out of your arse.

• 47 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:34 PM

That’s just a professional opinion, TFL.
    Nothing personal ;0

• 48 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:35 PM

I aren’t I remember the said site Sickapedia was challenged on it’s material, it was said because theses are “jokes” and not statements nothing can be done. If that was the case many mainstream comics such as Chubby Brown, Frankie Boyle etc would be locked up

• 49 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:36 PM

Do you want to tell me what you do TFL?

Professionally, I mean?

• 50 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:36 PM

No and I have nothing personal against you BandB but since my accident I’ve had much time on my hands to investigate many things

• 51 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:37 PM

Well I’m disabled but go on

• 52 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:38 PM

I know many disabled people of the highest quality.
    I didn’t ask you that.

• 53 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:40 PM

you said you are gonna tell me what I do

• 54 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:40 PM

sorry misread that

• 55 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:41 PM

I used to work for a insurance firm in Somerset but I haven’t been able to work since Feb 2014 when I had my car accident that caused me to have spinal injuries and internal complications

• 56 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:44 PM

I have nothing against you either.
    There is nothing to be gained for me from discussing this with you.
    You know what you know, and that is perfectly fine.

“It was just a joke” holds no protection under the law.
    Malicious intent is key, and “the poster” is not trying to make a paying audience laugh.

• 57 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:47 PM

I agree, lets just agree to disagree

• 58 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:54 PM

Context is everything.
    I have seen very senior police men and women laughing their heads off at material from a comedian they would charge people for saying in the street.

If you buy a vulgar DVD or read Sickapaedia you can be said to have consented to that material.

People, including minors, who read a football blog cannot be said to have consented to being exposed to that sort of abuse.

This isn’t just my little opinion.

Are you following me?

• 59 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:02 AM

I understand your point but in the sense you have put it I would not consider it as abuse as it wasn’t aimed at anyone. Crude yes abusive no

• 60 BandB // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:07 AM

Well the law isn’t about what you consider, is it?

• 61 BandB // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:09 AM

Hope your blog isn’t busking it on a bunch of crap you consider to be true.

• 62 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:12 AM

Again it’s all about context 2 instances Top Gear, Jeremy Clarkson has made several crude and racist references, which were not in the context of the show, he was wrapped on the knuckles but not arrested

Mock The Week
    You watch it because it is funny and you expect the odd swear word but at times there are references that were crude and racist and you expect that

• 63 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:16 AM

“don’t expect that

• 64 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:17 AM

I don’t have a blog

• 65 BandB // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:56 AM

A lot of people consider that you do.
    They think, therefore they must be right, surely?

• 66 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 2, 2015 at 1:01 AM

No I can say hand on heart, I do not it’s just something I follow same as this one

• 67 BandB // Jul 2, 2015 at 1:09 AM

Jeremy got away with a lot of stuff because he was Jeremy.

Now he’s not Jeremy on the telly, he may find life a bit harder.

The police have no boxes to tick on arresting Jezzas.

But they have a lot of boxes on internet abuses.

You inbox me one of those thalidomide jokes unsolicited, and I will pass it on.

Cast iron caution for you, my lad.

• 68 BandB // Jul 2, 2015 at 1:18 AM

Do it twice, and you are on the same tariff as common assault.

• 69 BandB // Jul 2, 2015 at 1:22 AM

Do it three times and you might get less for knocking over a kid at 40 in a 30 zone.

• 70 BandB // Jul 2, 2015 at 1:32 AM

You don’t have to take my word for it ,even.
    Northumbria Police policy on internet abuse and its consequences are online.
    They do not regard it, as a you do, as a victimless crime.

• 71 will die for the toon army // Jul 2, 2015 at 5:40 AM

This silence is too much. No rumours No transfers No Backroom staff Nothing from the Head Coach Nothing from the web site.

I have never experienced this. It’s too much. Hope they deliver at least I wld have waited for something.

previous post: Newcastle Again Linked With Chilean International