The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Serious Possibility That Newcastle Will Sign Florian Thauvin

2:18 pm, Wednesday, July 1st, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 181 Comments

Newcastle have bid around €15M (£10.6M) for Florian Thauvin and there’s news coming out of France today that the bid may be tempting to Marseilles and le10sport is reporting that it’s food for thought for Marseilles President Vincent Labrune.

florian thauvin

Florian Thauvin – tempting offer from Newcastle

Here’s some of the le10sport report – translated form the French:

Florian Thauvin has been the subject of a concrete offer from Newcastle for €15M. Food for thought for (Marseilles President) Vincent Labrune.

After Dimitri Payet was sold for €15M to West Ham, and Giannelli Imbula’s transfer to Porto for €22M was agreed to this morning, Olympique de Marseille could sell a third player in the coming days – and It is now a serious possibility.

The amount proposed by the Magpies is clearly food for thought for President Vincent Labrune, who had bought Thauvin for an amount slightly in excess of €10M two years ago.

Given the difficult season of the young Frenchman, it would in any case limit the damage of the OM club, and they could still make a profit on this.

At the same time, as OM has already sold well, he is not obliged to accept the first offer came to Thauvin.

How much Marseilles paid for the player two years ago from Lille  is arguable, because it was said to be €15M with bonuses – so maybe the initial fee could have been €10M.

The fee quoted for Thauvin that Lille paid Bastia for him six months previously – in January of 2013 – was just €3.5M.

It seems Thauvin is one of three players Newcastle have bids in for – and according to this report, this bid has not been turned down – yet.

It looks like Newcastle may have a decent chance of finally getting Thauvin to Tyneside, although we have to bid just a little bit more.

Tags: Newcastle News · Recruitment · Scouting Network · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

181 responses so far ↓

• 1 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:20 PM

Whilst I’m moaning about potential signings.

Who was it likened Austin to Shearer?
    Stevie Wonder?

Austin plays like Shearer did when he was 36, look at shearer at 26 then at Austin, not even in the same league.

At 26 Shearer was arguably the best striker in the world, now look at Austin at the same age.

We’ve been fed shite so long a average player looks world class to us.

• 2 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:23 PM

OP

Very good.

To be honest, I wouldnt pay a cent over 6 million bucks for Austin.

Think about it.

• 3 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:23 PM

BandB

Some have already started that.

I’d say I’ve been guilty of wanting the dead wood out of the squad but it’s not to make room, it’s to get them out of the club for not being good enough.

Why even bother offering Sammy a contract if he’s never going to play.

It’s all about the numbers, nothing else matters. By numbers I mean profit, 25man squad, home grown players etc etc

• 4 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:24 PM

Expat

Just got it, your jokes are as bad as mine 😉

• 5 Jib // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:25 PM

You can vote whether to accept the Toons offer on here
    If enough of us vote OUI we should get our man

• 6 scout // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:26 PM

I said we payed 15 million for shearer 20 years ago so 15 million for Austin now is a steal. I didnt compare abilty as its a no brainer.

• 7 carl // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:26 PM

Things could be a lot worse. At least we all know that there isn’t any methodology behind the madness.
    Seriously though, aside from Liverpool there has not been a lot of transfer activity. Rogers is following his well worn habit of being the Jackson Pollock of football management. Not by randomly throwing a lot of paint at canvas and hoping something worthwhile might appear.
    Rogers believes that if you constantly purchase enough players that they might eventually produce a team capable of winning something.
    You could always just rebrand Southampton to the pool.
    Seriously we have methodology behind the madness just you wait and see.

• 8 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:28 PM

OP

sorry mate. I was feeling positively bionic today…..lol

• 9 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:32 PM

Carl

With regard to Liverpool, the signing of Firminio plus interest in Benteke must mean Sterling is definitely on his way.

If they get Benteke, interesting to see where Sturridge fits in. We might keep an eye on that situation.

• 10 JP...from The Rock // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:36 PM

jib – voted yes. It’s worth a try. Newcastle United need all the help we can get.

• 11 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:37 PM

Barmy

On the club’s official website, 24 players are listed as being members of the first team squad.
    Three of those have already left, and one appears to be one his way out on loan already.
    Of the players you mention, only half figure on that list anyway.
    Four down….no room for signings?

• 12 Mister Tuff // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:38 PM

Rogers????????????????????????????????
    RoDgers…………. ah from Liverpool.

Trickster – stop you mischief on the blog.

• 13 JP...from The Rock // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:39 PM

expatmag – we have no chance in hell to get either Sturridge or Sterling or even Benteke for that matter.

• 14 blew // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:39 PM

Thauvin will struggle, if signed I hope
    he proves me wrong, but I believe the
    French players cant cope well, certainly
    those Carr recommends. After all he got
    the sack at the clubs he managed, Blackpool
    and Northampton for signing bad players.
    Not a lot changed there.

• 15 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:40 PM

Band

I did a list the other day and counted 27 players but that included the likes of the Forest lads Ferguson Vukic and Marveaux

• 16 Mister Tuff // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:41 PM

Mr Tubbs…………………………………OOT
    Penfold……………………………………OOT
    Judas Moncur……………………………OOT
    Tricksters/mischief makers……………OOT

• 17 carl // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:42 PM

The declared McClaren objective is top eight and to win a trophy. By any standards this is relatively ambitious. I recall a press comment that we were seeking to buy more English players. I would like Austin as he could well encourage further young quality like Sturridge to follow.
    Personally I think Sturridge will stay at pool.

• 18 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Ben Arfa, Mbiwa, Santon, Ferreya, Taylor and Gutierrez have all left the first team squad permanently since Christmas, and Sammy is probably about to go to.
    Lascelles and Darlow have come in.
    How is there no room in the squad?

• 19 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Scout

My post wasn’t aimed at you, more at the pundits etc who are rating him so highly.

IMO he’s not worth £10m, relatively unproven, only a year on his contract.

Truth be known just about any striker could have scored the goals Austin did.
    18 is a impressive figure, the type of goals he scored weren’t.
    I’d rather just keep Cisse and get someone to compliment his style.

• 20 JP...from The Rock // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Strurridge to NUFC will never happen ffs. Be realistic lads.

• 21 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:45 PM

JP

I wasnt advocating Sterling or Benteke but not many of the top 8 would have a position available for Sturridge if as I suspect, Liverpool buy Benteke.

If we were ambitious enough, we might just keep an eye on his situ. They don t play 2 up and with Firminio and Milner signed with Coutinho and Llalana, there nay be no place for Sturridge

• 22 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Expat

It’s good to see you in good fettle after the surgery, I think 😉

• 23 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:50 PM

Op

Thanks mate. I have to sit at home and rest for a few weeks. I dont usually post as much but there is only so much I can take on TV these days. Hell, I have even been reduced to watching Corrie and Eastenders with the missus…..lol

• 24 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:51 PM

JP

Highly unlikely but stranger things have happened before.

• 25 carl // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:53 PM

Expat
    Are you a cricket fan. The Ashes start next Wednesday.

• 26 JDdubai // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:53 PM

Stoke agree 12m fee for Shaqiri??????

Is this a joke on Sky?

Stoke…….Shaqiri………Stoke……Shaqiri…….eh?

• 27 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:54 PM

expat?

Have they?

Have you an example?

• 28 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:56 PM

Expat

Corrie and eastenders, call a ambulance quick

• 29 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:56 PM

Carl

Yes indeed. I will be watching and supporting the Aussies.

Sorry lads but even though I was born bred and brought up in the toon, as Mr. TUFF would say, I gave been well and truly “crocodile dundeed” now……lol

• 30 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:57 PM

Jdubai

I asked yesterday but missed you.

Didn’t you say you’d spoke to Carr at the hotel around Xmas.

Spill the beans lad, was Schteeve mentioned? Who else?

• 31 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 2:59 PM

Band

I know. Shocking, isnt it?

However, the bairn and missus are mollycoddling me so much that if I move off the settee, I get the spanish inquisition…..lol

• 32 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:00 PM

Expat

I’m knocked up too….so to speak.
    Hottest day of the year too …..

• 33 JDdubai // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:00 PM

OP

It was in Feb actually, he is definitely Carr’s no1 choice.

• 34 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:01 PM

Jdubai

We all know that lol, no other juicy tit bits?

• 35 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:03 PM

Jd

Yeah, more tit bits.
    Some ones that haven’t already happened maybe?

• 36 will die for the toon army // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:04 PM

BandB

The young kids who under 21 have grown up and now r grown players

• 37 lesh // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:06 PM

BandB

The squad appears to number 22 players

• 38 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:06 PM

Which ones are they toon army?
    Are you suggesting we can’t sign experienced players because we have to put Sterry into the first team squad.
    Don’t think so…….

• 39 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:06 PM

Expat

I hate being laid up.

I was in a German hospital after a motorbike accident for a cpl months a whiles ago, i used to get in so much trouble daily for wheeling myself down town for food and just to get out.

2 months in a German hospital sharing a room with a Russian and a Polish bloke watching Black Adder in German, was a nightmare.

• 40 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:11 PM

OP

much worse than me although I have had a russian to deal with for 16 years……..the missus……lol

I really shouldnt complain. She is brilliant.

Band

Sorry to hear that. And no ducted air conditioning for you either. Poor you.

• 41 will die for the toon army // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:11 PM

We have 28 grown players

• 42 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:15 PM

Expat

I’ve always enjoyed the company of Russians, hardy bunch who like a drink.

This one was like a bear with a sore head.

• 43 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:15 PM

Regarding the squad, when you take into account the likes of Lascelles Good Dummett Haidara Abeid Ferguson Vukic Perez Sissoko Ameobi Riviere Janmaat Armstrong Aarons Cabella etc, we must have one of the youngest squads in the league.

• 44 Mister Tuff // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:16 PM

expat – Coronation Street and Eastenders man that is a sad existence. However, I do think that folk who are in recovery mode tend to say they watch this shyte on the telly – when in reality they watched it for years.
    Exctly the same as you commenting that you are having to laze around on the settee – again -no change there you’ve done it for years.

• 45 derekm // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:17 PM

had a chuckle whilst driving about today when the club announced they were having a board meeting to discuss transfers – instant vision of the scene in the wizard of Oz, with Charnley the lion, Moncur the tin man and McClaren as the scarecrow quivering in front of the image of ashley as a giant green image on skype, with explosions in the background everytime he was told no one wants to come!

• 46 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:18 PM

OP

My wife is fantastic. We havent had a cross word in 16 years and nothing is too much for her.

Her brother is a huge bloke. Once again, absolutely brilliant fellah.

• 47 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:21 PM

toon army

Around two weeks ago the club told its preferred media partner the Daily Mirror that Charlie Austin was a “done deal” and he’d be signed within the week.

Clearly it must have fallen through when they spotted they still had Curtis Good on their books and there was no room for him.

• 48 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:22 PM

Worth a look even if it’s just to see a pic of SDJ running with the ball

• 49 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:23 PM

Mr TOUGH

As you were previously reading the riot act at someone who made a spelling error, as shown above, one should look at ones self first……lol

I tend to go in the garage and do something while her soaples are on and prior to being laid up, the last time I watched Corrie, Elsie Tanner was the resident sex symbol.

• 50 mindshaft // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:23 PM

There’s a rumour going round Liverpool that Sturridge has long term damage to his knees and is only ever likely to play one game a week
    Could be true but regardless , if Liverpool sell he’ll more likely go abroad ( if he can pass a medical )

• 51 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:24 PM

Expat

But hard to argue if you can’t speak each other’s lingo.

That said, a Russian watching Eastenders, wow. Not something I’d expect.

• 52 Jib // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:28 PM

BandB you wee scamp
    There are 5 articles on Charlie Austin
    No where is it claimed it’s a done deal

• 53 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:29 PM

OP

She speaks perfect English. Started learning it when she was 6 year old. She is now 39 and Head of Year 7 at one of our local secondary schools where the main subject she teaches is English.

• 54 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Jib
    about a fortnight ago back page of Mirror said Austin was a done deal

• 55 expatmag // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:31 PM

Ok guys time for bed. Goodnight all

• 56 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:31 PM

Expat

The kids she teaches will have a better grasp on it than me, which wouldn’t be hard.

• 57 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:31 PM

Jib

• 58 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:33 PM

Thunder and lightning show is just getting started 🙂

Expat

Catch you later

• 59 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:35 PM

Tfl

I beleive that’s the article Austin Tweeted about saying, where do people get their info from?.

• 60 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:35 PM

we had a small shower here in Leeds but its now hot and sunny again

• 61 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:36 PM

jib

Isn’t it awful when that happens?

• 62 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:36 PM

I think you are right OP

• 63 brklyngeordie // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Wow forget Thauvin and go steal Shaqiri right now from if QPR intercepted our deal for Remy why can’t we do the same with Shaqiri way better value then Thauvin and Austin plus we need a winger this staff of directors we have is pathetic!!!

• 64 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:39 PM

Tfl

Sunny all day with a little cloud but very humid, about 20mins ago the sky turned black.

I’m sat watching the lightning with the storm heading my way, it’s a canny show 🙂

• 65 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:39 PM

There are 4 new signings for Newcastle

• 66 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:39 PM

OP

It was ASSUMED that was the article he was tweeting about.

• 67 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:40 PM

Weather up hear is getting gloomy bow. Still warm though. Some mankey looking clouds heading up from doon sooth. Possibly thunder on the cards.

Charnley “we had a signing lined up but the lightning stopped us getting it over the line”

• 68 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:40 PM

OP be a while before we catch it then 🙂

• 69 Jib // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:41 PM

BandB
    Ha Ha Ha
    I am actually blushing here !
    Obviously my googling skills are not as good as some give me credit for.
    I can only apologise and crawl like a cur into the corner with my tail between my legs,
    Well done Leeds

• 70 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:48 PM

BandB

Potatoes potatoes 😉

• 71 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:48 PM

jib

Not as red-faced as Simon Ward must be.
    I bet he’ll be taking the next club steer with a pinch of salt.

• 72 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:50 PM

It does seem the official partner doesn’t have it’s finger in the pulse.

• 73 Jib // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:50 PM

Joe Kinnear was right he is a ccccccclot
    Must get that stammer fixed

• 74 xiaofeiii // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:51 PM

Shaqiri only 12 million at 23 yrs old. What on earth are we doing!!!!

• 75 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:52 PM

4 new signings on 1st of July

• 76 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:52 PM

Bang, flash..
    Thar she blows…..

Simon Bird…not Young Winston.

• 77 Jib // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:52 PM

Simon Ward was Young Churchill by the way
    Think tweet tweet

• 78 Jib // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:53 PM

whoops

• 79 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:53 PM

You are having a mare jib….

• 80 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:55 PM

There are several storms all around now. Its a truely awsime display

• 81 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:56 PM

Marc

It’s a cracking show, yet not on the level of the storm a couple years back.

• 82 Jib // Jul 1, 2015 at 3:59 PM

BandB you are not wrong
    I’m praying me doppelganger comes in and starts nutting everyone so I can hide behind the curtains

• 83 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:00 PM

The bbc are reporting Sammy has already had talks with the Cardiff (best team in wales) manger.

Reports out of Turkey Transbnor (who ever) will bid this week for Tiote.

• 84 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:00 PM

Sammy to Cardiff eh?

• 85 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:03 PM

The chronicle poll on investment and Ashley’s BS interview

• 86 Graeme // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:04 PM

There is no rain down here in Lancashire – please feel free to keep it up there – thanks lol

• 87 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Tfl

The bbc are reporting Sammy turned up in toon today to have talks on his future with McLaren. It says he’s already held talks with the Cardiff manager.

So I’ll assume Sammy signed his contract offer.

• 88 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:07 PM

OP
    Certainly seems so

• 89 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:09 PM

So far seen yellow,orangy-pink and blue lightning. No purple yet.

Op

Yeah i remember that. Although i think most of that one passed by where i was. I am slap bang in the middle of this cell. Just had 5 mins of calm, and i think its about to kick off again

• 90 TacoFlavoredKisses ForMyBen-arfa // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:15 PM

how is Shaqiri 12M and bas dost 30m????

• 91 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Purple rain?

Is Prince any good at footie?

• 92 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:18 PM

Apparently, according to the met office, the rain will not reach newcastle until 9pm. Well,i beg to fcuking differ.

• 93 bills-son // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:18 PM

The best bargain this summer could well be Andy Carroll.

Aggressive CF’s his size, and lanky with it, often get leg injuries in their early 20’s simply because their muscles aren’t developed enough to cope with their style of play. As they get older and develop physically these type of players generally have their best years in their mid to late 20’s, and often into their 30’s. Think of Niall Quinn, Didier Drogba, Peter Crouch and Ricky Lambert.

For the opposite reason small quick forwards usually have their best years in their late teens and early 20’s when their agility and light weight matches their speed of thought. As they get older they muscle up and slow down and that’s why many of these type of forwards fade away as quickly as they came. Francis Jeffers and even Michael Owen are classic examples. Even Wayne Rooney has changed dramatically as a player for the same reason.

AC is far more than just a battering ram. He’s great at holding it up, spraying passes out wide and has a can opener of a left foot. And he is unplayable in the air with the right service. Without a doubt IMO he has everything needed to be a truly top class Premier CF + he’s a Geordie and I know for a fact he would love to be back at St James’ Park.

West Ham must be fed up with him and if we could get him for £5/6M with more if he plays Xamount of games he could be the bargain of the decade never mind the season. Potentially, there isn’t another CF in the Prem anywhere near to him if he gets, and stays, fit.

• 94 Jib // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:22 PM

You forgot Duncan Disorderly

• 95 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:23 PM

Bills

I would still be wary of taking Caroll. Not so sure his injuries are due to his height. I get the feeling he is fragile.

• 96 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:27 PM

Bills

I didn’t rate Carol when he was here and still don’t.
    IMO it would be a massive tisk to pay any fee due to his time on the treatment table, I’d just wait until West Ham get sick and release him.
    Then possibly offer him pay as you play.

His attitude stinks so I’d probably choose to steer well clear

• 97 1949BH PROUDTOBEAGEORDIE // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:28 PM

just read the article on marv in the chronik where it said he played the whole season without injury or illness.what a load of rubbish. he missed 10 consecutive league games with hamstring trouble. quingamp took 20 points whem he was missing -2 per game as against 29 in 28 games when he was playing.

• 98 Graeme // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:31 PM

Bills, the key to your comment is in the last sentence – that “IF” is an enormous bone of contention.
    Liverpool achieved nothing with him, West Ham have achieved nothing with him – His games per season ratio is a joke given the fees he has commanded and the salary he is on.

Can you honestly see him taking a huge hit on his contract to come home on what they would offer him – a “Pay as you Play” deal would make sense for a buying club, given his history!! Why would he even conside leaving WHU for that??

It sounds great in theory – “Geordie Boy returns home” – it worked for Shearer, but he delivered the goods; Andy never has.

• 99 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:34 PM

When were we linked to Gray?

• 100 Jail for Ashley // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:38 PM

Bills can scent a signing or two, I can scent a told you so !

• 101 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:40 PM

I agree about Carroll’s qualities,

Even we didn’t see the best of him because we didn’t particularly play to his strengths.

Far too often he seemed to be tasked with getting on the end of his own knock-downs and flick-ons. Deft on the ball and the only player of ours I ever saw knock Yaya over.

I think we could do a deal for him too.

The “if” has to be, will we pay his wages?

• 102 bills-son // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:41 PM

JFA,

I can scent a smell of shyte – I wonder where its coming from.

• 103 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:42 PM

We have been linked to Mauricio Isla too ffs

• 104 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:44 PM

……aaaaand the petty stuff begins again.

• 105 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:45 PM

Tfl

Same old same old. We are linked to everyone who has kicked a football!

• 106 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:49 PM

YCMIU
    I know been nice today too

That’s true en0ough

• 107 mickalfas // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:51 PM

I read an earlier post that the wages of the donkeys that we have on the books could be why we can’t get the quality signings over the line
    This for me is the proof that the whole transfer policy of the club is a fcuking shambles
    We could be in the twilight zone for at least another season ,if we’re lucky not to be relegated
    The lunatics are definitely running the asylum

• 108 Jail for Ashley // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:51 PM

Bills, it’s probably the smell of rotten eggs from all those left on your mush.

• 109 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:53 PM

Apart from Wolfsburg are there any clubs that have confirmed bids from NUFC for anyone?

I’m not sure Wolfsburg confirmed a bid, but the manager seemed less than impressed by us.

• 110 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:54 PM

The met office have issued a severe flying teddy warning for this blog. Everyone is advised to stay indoors.

• 111 hibbit // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:55 PM

andy still has 3/4 years on a 100k a week at west ham why would he come here on a pay if you play contract plus he is happy in london out of the spot light new wife new baby

• 112 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:57 PM

Mick

Don’t liken us to the twighlight zone, I loved that show.

I’d def watch re runs of the Twighlight zone, can’t say the same about our matches.

• 113 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:57 PM

bills

You are entitled to be as rude as you like.

We know you’ve been poorly and you’ve been through a tough time.

Of course, lots of people on this blog have been poorly. Very poorly, and some have seen loved ones suffer and even die… without indulging in the kind of aggressive, tasteless shroud-waving you treated us to last time.

It’s a pity it taught you no humility. It didn’t stop you popping up for a gloat every time we stuck two wins together.

Now cut it out, you silly man.

• 114 croftus5678 // Jul 1, 2015 at 4:57 PM

impressive stats by janmaat.

• 115 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:03 PM

When does an ill-health rudeness license run out? It’s 11 years for me. Can i still be a c0ck if i want? 😀

• 116 Mr Magpie // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:04 PM

My biggest concern would be that as the window goes on & we start to not be able to get our main priority targets OVER THE LINE.
    The football board then revert to type based on recent years & move down the list in terms of quality to just secure a signing.

• 117 Thump // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:04 PM

Ah, bills is back, and picking up right where he left off.

Here we go again.

• 118 Tsunki // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:06 PM

The old ones are the best.

• 119 Graeme // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:07 PM

Oh Ye of little faith!! There you go, we have, today, signed our new CF, 2 x CB’s and a Mid-fielder. what more do you want??

• 120 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:07 PM

I am off extremely ill health but I’m not intentionally rude, knock it off bills

• 121 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:08 PM

YCMIU

feel free 🙂

• 122 Jail for Ashley // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:11 PM

Yeah bills, cut it out !

• 123 croftus5678 // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:12 PM

20 perez
    21 cisse
    22 river
    23 goofy
    24 sammy
    25 colback

i dont think rolando or arma need numbers as they still classed as under age but the likes of bigi/good/fergusson/hardman to my knowledge would do if we was to use them.

theres a few there we need to dump imo or face excuses from the club imo.

• 124 Jail for Ashley // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:18 PM

Croftus,
    Out of those I would replace Haidara or Dummet with a qualty LB, more than likely it would be Haidara that was the fall guy because Dummet is versatile. I would also replace, STaylor, Willo, Goufran, Obertan, Sameobi, Marveaux and Riverie.

• 125 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:20 PM

Jfa

I would replace Ashley and Charnley….
    Or is that not allowed? 😀

• 126 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:23 PM

JFA

Along with those on your list I’d add Elliot Vukic and Colo

• 127 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:23 PM

Jfa

By the way, my teddy bear comment was aimed at the “smell of shyte” comment, not you. Just in case you thought it was.

• 128 croftus5678 // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:27 PM

@124 jfa

i’d mostly agree with you tbh !

dummet is a better cb imo anyways and should be used as 4th choice cb/2nd choice lb and hairdryer just isnt ready or reliable enough to be a regular lb.

the rest of it i agree with also apart from i’d add colo (but i understand he has his uses its just he’s past it imo and would be more suited in a back 3 or a dm position)

and i’d give marvaux another shot just to try and prove me right as i tipped him for big things when we signing him and i was proved to be wrong about him so my own pride wants him to come good and claw some of that pride back 😉

• 129 Blackley and Brownlie // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:30 PM

Croftus
    That squad is frighteningly poor. It’s clear we need to shift at least a dozen. I’m not sure old man Carr has conveyed to Mr Charnley the magnitude of his task. Old man Carr himself needs to source plenty of quality replacements. It’s a tall order for two incompetents.

• 130 mickalfas // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:32 PM

Goofy must be added to the list as well !
    How can the fans see the problems and the professionals can’t ffs

• 131 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:32 PM

We’ve been so quick out of the blocks with our attempt to improve the squad which is now severely lacking after we’ve got rid of a host of players. Oh that’s right, no we haven’t.

Ashley out.

• 132 Shadow_Shearer // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:39 PM

Heard it all before, this player could be joining. Only to be followed up by this top target will not be coming to newcastle

• 133 Graeme // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:40 PM

LR32 @ 130 We signed four player today – see 119 above lol.

• 134 Bornandraised // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:43 PM

Croftus, I think you are forgetting about the other u-21 graduates C. Good and G. Bigirimana who don’t have a shot at getting in the squad this year. The squad is also completely unbalanced. I think we need to sell or loan-out at least one GK and 2-3 attacking mids (my preference is Obertan and Gouffran) if we are going to have the space to sign anyone. We have way too many attacking mids on our roster and none of them have proved to be consistently productive. However, if we get rid of both Ameobi and Vuckic, we’ll be stuck with Williamson and Taylor or else have to face the home-grown player rule. Charlie Austin would help in this regard.

1. GK1 – T. Krul*
    21. AM6 – H. Vuckic*
    22. AM7 – S. Marveux
    23. S1 – A. Perez
    24. S2 – E. Riviere
    25. S3 – P. Cisse

• 135 Blackley and Brownlie // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:43 PM

Someone earlier likened the NUFC boardroom to the Wizard of Oz or something. My image is of a group of old men in long side burns from Dickens or Hardy. There’s silence in the foisty room apart from the sound of a ticking grandfather clock. Mr Charnley pours the tea and they all enjoy some hot crumpets and scones before Charnley gets out his quill to score off names ftom old Mr Carr’s parchment. Was there a similar scene in “Far from the Madding Crowd”?

• 136 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Change the word signed to kept.

All the spin from our obese owner barely even registers anymore.

Ashley out.

• 137 mickalfas // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:51 PM

Just realized Goofy already on jfa’s list ,no probs hes bad enough to be listed twice !

• 138 nut meg // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:52 PM

Anyone know who took training today……………no, oh well just thought I’d ask.

• 139 Jail for Ashley // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:53 PM

There’s a poster called I would die for the toon, do you think he would be prepared to set himself on fire outside of SJP like a Buddhist monk or a Kurd to draw attention to our plight, or should he wait until September the 1st.

• 140 Jail for Ashley // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:56 PM

There was an old man called Bills
    Who got mad when he’d forgotten his pills.
    He came on to the blog to have a look round the place
    but forgot he still had egg on his face !

Boom boom.

• 141 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Jail,

The name is probably just youthful bravado.

The idea have might be 35 and have bairns to feed is just too painful to contemplate.

• 142 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:58 PM

Apparently we are after the Coldplay lead singer!

• 143 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Okay Mr Jail for Ashley @138.

We’ve death with the childish gloating issue, haven’t we?

Don’t show me up.

• 144 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:00 PM

dealt

ERRRRRRRRRR!

• 145 lesh // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:05 PM

McClaren’s been strangely silent of late.

I wonder if he’s pi$$ed of with things already?

Any thoughts? Any ITKs?

• 146 croftus5678 // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:09 PM

@133 born

i didnt forget buddy i added the players who would need a number if we was to use them ! they are at the bottom of the list mate.

imo if woodman goes out on loan (which is a good call imo) i’d rather keep all 3 keepers as i wouldnt like to be in the situation like last year when alnwick played.

but yes agree far too many cm’s in the team.

i’d class them as

dm :
    tiote.

a true cm that can do everythingn(obv quality veries)
    abied
    colback
    bigi
    sissoko
    anita

acm:
    siem
    marv
    vukic

and wingers;
    ober
    fergusson
    cabella
    rolando (no number)

imo we shouldnt have a dm as we may aswell play with 3 cb’s if thats the case so tiote would not be part of my plans ! not that he’s not a good player but i personally think its promoted the team to play on the back foot with any dm in the team.

out of the box-box i believe only colback/sissoko(arguable) and abied deserve to keep there places.

bigi has time on his side i suppose so a loan away and see how he does as i dont believe he’s lost it overnight and when i watched him in youth’s a year ago he still looked quality.

siem is a keep obv and would be one of the first names on the teamsheet along with janmaat and vukic/marv i can either take or leave tbh i’d like to see them do well but not sure they are worth the risk.

as for wingers ober would have my foot so far up…..;-)

• 147 Jail for Ashley // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:09 PM

BandB,
    I’m souffle, I mean sorry

• 148 Jail for Ashley // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:11 PM

lesh,
    Like Pochitino, we won’t hear him speak until he’s perfected his Geordie accent, he’s getting lessons off of Dennis Watermans voice voach.

• 149 Mister Tuff // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Bills had a pop with his Mr Angry routine -but————————————————but the content of his post is a credible possibility and I think has potential but as previously noted the big IF applies.
    Signing him with his injuries would be a massive gamble but if he was beyond that he could do a job.
    The other if is his off field exploits -boozing and beating women up plus big city bright lights.
    I can never imagine that a professional sportsman wants to get paid for doing nowt – surely his pride would chip in – he could come back to the Toon -earn paltry wages but regain his footballing pride.
    I think -ifs resolved – a very decent shout.

• 150 mickalfas // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:14 PM

Lesh
    He’s probably drugged up in a room in the bowels of St James’s,getting slowly brainwashed with the company propaganda,
    In time for the fans forum,where he’ll be full on ashleyesque

• 151 GeordieTwo // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:14 PM

There is a serious possibility that this story is a load of bollocks.

• 152 GeordieTwo // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:17 PM

Remember you lot, Lee also has some top, top players to move on who will bring in tens of millions. Why, there’s Obertan, and Willo…….aaaaannnd Saylor…..and……Sammieobi . It’s making me fell nauseous now. I’ll have to lie down for a bit.

• 153 kilcline // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:18 PM

So first day of the window officially and what has happened? Toonfromleeds has probably spent the day watching Wimbledon, going through a box of Kleenex and following any sort of transfer garbage that involves the toon.

Still, more productive than charnley and co.

How are the likes of stoke and Swansea outdoing our club?!

Kilcline

• 154 GeordieTwo // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:19 PM

I’m also feeling nauseous now. But still top, top players on sale here!!! Get them while they’re hot. Grab one of these top, top players for your club!!!

• 155 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:19 PM

G2
    nutter lol

• 156 GeordieTwo // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:20 PM

Nice job Stoke, getting a hold of Shaqiri. We were just going to pop a low bid in for him as well. Harrumph!

• 157 croftus5678 // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:21 PM

@151 kilkline

we have signed this player today mate its just slipped through the netting !

he does look good buddy.

• 158 Tsunki // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:22 PM

I don’t know if the title of this article is mixed up with some medical jargon. Florian is usually added to water and toothpaste for nefarious reasons, and didn’t Rice Krispies have Riboflavin and Thauvin in them ?

Anyway, I think there’s a case for a new, revamped budget squad to keep both Dummett and Haidara. Dummett should be kept as an understudy CB and emergency (3rd choice) LB, Haidara as the understudy LB. That’s providing Haidara has actually recovered fully from the Mcmanamnamanaman incident. If so, he’s a better LB than Dummett, and unlike Dummett he could improve.

• 159 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:22 PM

Kilcline

what is your problem with me? Just because I don’t take what you say as gospel!

FYI I can’t stand tennis!

• 160 GeordieTwo // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:23 PM

It’s quite simple Kilcline mate. Stoke and Swansea actually have competent management. That’s the secret ingredient that Mike doesn’t know about. We’ll end up with Willie Snippet on loan. Harrumph.

• 161 Tsunki // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:23 PM

Lo lo lo lo lo lo…

Shakira Shakiraaaaa…

• 162 kilcline // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:27 PM

I see you didn’t dent the Kleenex part…. 😉

I’m not saying I’m itk about everything but with Austin I am, he won’t join us, he will stay down south.

Better options out there, sure Swansea, Stoke etc will take advantage.

Until ashley flogs us, we are only going down.

Ashley out

• 163 GeordieTwo // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:27 PM

Excellent points made there Tsunki mate. And think how cheap that will be. We need to sign Colo to a new long term contract also. Bringing in McLaren and Coldcuts are like new signings as well. We’re flying along now. Huzzah!!!

• 164 Tsunki // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:27 PM

TFL I don’t think kilcline was inferring you liked tennis, per se 🙂

• 165 Tsunki // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:29 PM

We’re going to have lots and lots of like new signings I just know it!

• 166 GeordieTwo // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Will someone please put in a bid for one of our top, top players? PULLLEEEASE? We need the money. We can’t afford wor top new management team unless we sell somebody quick!!! This is unbelievable. Harrumph.

• 167 GeordieTwo // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:31 PM

Did I mention the free fortune cookie with each player bought from us? They all say the same thing. You will regret this signing. Hee hee.

• 168 GeordieTwo // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Has Ian Coldcuts actually signed yet? I’m getting a bit nervous…..

• 169 bobby mango // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:32 PM

I’ll believe it when I see him in the shirt.

Would much rather be seeing a bid for a centre back

• 170 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:33 PM

Kilcline

I can understand Austin wanting to stay south but you said He would be joining Southampton which is unlikely and that Jay Rodriguez would be joining spurs!

So forgive me if I take what you say with a pinch or two of salt.

Tsunki
    I guessed that mate

• 171 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:37 PM

C’mon Mike!

FFS!

SELL somebody!

• 172 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:37 PM

Even Mackems have signed someone

BREAKING: Sunderland sign defender Sebastian Coates from Liverpool on four-year deal. #SSNHQ

• 173 croftus5678 // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:40 PM

@170 tfl

great !!!! another team taking the P*&s out of us >.<

i've had it all week off puds fans and now its gonna be scum fans aswell 🙁

• 174 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:41 PM

Croftus
    I know its dire innit

• 175 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:42 PM

C’mon Mike!

The wage structure, the er, er yearly accounts…the er, er, er, er overloaded squad.

You know what we fans are demanding?

It is July 1.

The window is open.

GET YOUR FINGER OUT!

And SELL somebody.

It’s all we ask 🙂

• 176 croftus5678 // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:43 PM

theres only so many time you can tell yourself everything will be fine as its the first day of the window ! untill you sit back and think you lieing B£$”^”d and start to hate yourself.

• 177 BandB // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:48 PM

It was interesting to see Carl, teenage scourge of the non-sensible poster, offering a rallying call to all the positive people earlier today.
    Sadly, he could raise the bar no higher than “it could be worse.”
    That’s what masquerades as optimism these days.

“Howay lads, it could be worse!”

• 178 croftus5678 // Jul 1, 2015 at 6:54 PM

@175 banb

but…siem/rolando are fully fit ! thats like 2 new signings
    lescalles and darlow have joined us ! thats 2 more new signings

then marv/vukic/ferg/bigi have come back thats another 4 new signings !

scumderland have signed how many …..1 hahaha 1 compared to our 8.

now if only i could convince myself that was the case !!!!

• 179 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:00 PM

Coates what a spectacular signing 😉

He was shocking for them all season bar the last 5 games, surprised they signed him.

• 180 gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club) // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:02 PM

Can’t believe Sammeobi is 23! I thought he was about 19.

Why the hell have we putting up with his uselessness last season?!?! No where near premier league level.

• 181 mickalfas // Jul 1, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Imo we should stay away from the second rate frenchies,if we can’t afford top quality stay away from them,we have enough examples of how bad they can be
    Scout Belgian,German ,Dutch ,and the Serb players as well as the Spanish