The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Sunderland Could Beat Newcastle To Dutch International

11:11 pm, Wednesday, July 1st, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 141 Comments

Voetbal International are reporting tonight that Sunderland are moving in to try to get 22 year-old Chelsea midfielder Marco van Ginkel on loan for the season, but sadly there is no mention of Newcastle at all.

marco van ginkel

Marco van Ginkel – Sunderland want him

It could well be an advantage that Sunderland have an experienced and savvy Dutch manager in Dick Advocaat in charge, and he could well persuade the Dutch International to join Sunderland, with Newcastle still trying to get up to steam with their transfer business this summer.

Marco has said it’s very important for him to get games this coming season:

“For my development it is crucial next season to get a full year of play. The chance that this can happen at Chelsea is small.¨

Van Ginkel signed on at Chelsea two years ago and so far played 4 times for the first team and last season he spent on loan at AC  Milan where he played 18 times with one goal and his form in the second half of the season was good, after a difficult start.

The 22 year-old is the classic box to box midfielder that we haven’t really got in the squad at the moment, after Yohan Cabaye left 18 months ago and it looks like he may rejoin Alan Pardew at Crystal Palace.

Newcastle have already been linked with Marco this summer, but Lee Charnley and others will need to be a lot more aggressive if we are to get our top targets into the club this summer – and the sooner the better.

Just like there seemed no urgency or decisiveness this year, when we managed to lose eight games in a row and were almost relegated.

Newcastle did absolutely nothing to stop the rot – and we kept John Carver in charge for the full 20 games – 13 of which we lost and he nearly took us down.

Other clubs would have taken John out of his misery maybe after six successive losses – at most.

Basically nothing was done to alleviate the dire situation,  and we were simply fortunate to get 4 points out of our final three games

The same kind of sleep-walking seems to be happening in this summer’s transfer market at Newcastle.

Lee Charnley is the top executive at the club and he has to be more aggressive and decisive to get the job done.

Tags: Newcastle News · Recruitment · Scouting Network · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

141 responses so far ↓

• 1 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:14 PM

Ac

A bit red faced but I’m fine 😉

• 2 Charlietoon // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:24 PM

We get an article every time a name is mentioned. Are we now getting a new article even when our name isn’t mentioned??

• 3 lesh // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:24 PM

That’s the way Charnley. You carry on, sit on your backside and watch the Club slither along without a care in the world.

No backroom staff announced – have any been formally appointed?

No player signings after weeks of hearing crap that targets are identified.

Has he been away – on holiday perhaps?

Has there been clarification of Ashley’s ambiguous end of season statement?

Is there going to be some quality strengthening of the positions that are weak?

Yes, the FF should prove interesting and Charnley’s got to be held responsible if it degenerates into a slanging match. Is he daft enough to force an agenda without free discussion and subsidiary questioning from delegates? I think yes!

We know that they like to be precise about FF meeting notes (a true reflection of what should have happened perhaps?), but I don’t think we should be surprised if a frustrated FF delegate deviates from the protocol that minutes are issued only by the Club, and publishes his/ her view on the discussions.

Yes, it’s gonna be an interesting few weeks and I’ll say it again, Ashley and Charnley will have brought it all on themselves!

I wonder whether we’ve another season of fan malcontent to look forward to?

• 4 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:26 PM

Lesh these questions need answering asap

• 5 awaydays // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:28 PM

Hey guys just thought id laugh at players nowadays when the best young talent become mediocre complete players because they sign for teams like chelski man u and man sh**** and are never played… Egotistical players are everywhere

• 6 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:31 PM

Lesh

Over Lee line is doing a fine job, not sure what his job is but he’s doing fine.

Ashley not sacking him points to that, 😉

• 7 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:39 PM

The fans forum is on Monday !! The club will need to have a few players or at least one big name by then or it will be carnage !!

Surely some will be signed soon in fact have the coaches all been signed up yet?

• 8 Graeme // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:44 PM

Hey, lets be honest here, Hartlepool could beat Newcastle to a signing. At least they show ambition and intent – we never have!!

• 9 krijo // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:44 PM

but sadly there is no mention of Newcastle at all.
    So lets make a story of this! Jesus u are desperate Ed!

BREAKING NEWS: a club has made a bid for shaquri but its not newcastle so lets make a full bio……..

• 10 joeinthecheapseats // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:48 PM

Guy on twitter saying Bob Moncur is about to walk out of his role as the club won’t pay the transfer fees clubs are wanting for players
    It would prove nothing’s changing with this regime

• 11 banjax // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:51 PM

I reckon we won’t hear anything about signings or valuations until the deal is done, hence the restriction of approved media outlets. There was also the warning to players about using their mobiles. Hopefully we’ll hear that four players have been signed – hey presto – hang on just woke up. – was I dreaming – again ?

• 12 Noel Worst // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:51 PM

Ok, so back from my larks with my old pal that’s an agent. Only thing I got out of him is that Cisse is an almost cert for Turkey going on what his colleagues are telling him, with Besiktas hotting up their interest in Cisse now they lost out on Ba; since contact has been made we’ve asked about a player from them named Tore who’s apparently one of Turkey’s bright young things according to my pal, not somebody I’m familiar with aside from the quick google search I just did as soon as I got home 🙂 Said he doesn’t know if that was a casual enquiry or if there’s firm intent to sign, I remarked when is their ever firm intent to sign from NUFC these days?Always reluctant recruiters

Only worrying thing is he said, is the talk that if Cisse doesn’t leave then Tiote will and there are a number of clubs sniffing around him, they won’t both be here when the window shuts for sure he said, as they’re both of similar age and MA, despite him saying he isn’t involved in football matters, doesn’t want to see his assets depreciate and he thinks both their values are about to decline sharply given their age so wants rid now. Kind of ties in to his line of “I make sure we have the most resources possible” line in THAT interview.

The football and finances are inextricable and it looks like finances remain king when making footballing decisions.

That’s all folks, as is always the case with these things I didn’t want to nag him for all he had, things are just about to get really busy for him so this was his last genuine day-off for a couple of months!

• 13 krijo // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:51 PM

Wow If thats true about moncur that would say somthing keeping in mind moncur has been a leech to newcastle

• 14 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:53 PM

Gonna watch England match now

• 15 Toon Tang // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:55 PM

Sweating like a cornered nun like. Gunna watch this game bollock naked coz clothes aint doing it for me today.

Will be a tough game this one though.

• 16 Toon Tang // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:56 PM

I reckon it’ll go to pens and then who knows from there eh.

• 17 krijo // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Sorry noe west but that dosent make sanse If ouer striker dont leave that make way for a midfielder to leave

• 18 Mister Tuff // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Very interesting if that is true about Moncur. I would have to withdraw my Judas Moncur statements.
    He’s supported the regime though for yonks -so I’m not entirely convinced he’ll walk.
    Would lead to an excellent FF meeting if he did.

• 19 optimistic prime // Jul 1, 2015 at 11:58 PM

For those watching England’s lasses and have never been to Canada, Edmonton has a shopping mall that makes the Metro Centre look like a corner shop.

• 20 optimistic prime // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:00 AM

It would be quite funny if everyone abandend Over Lee Line for the FF.

How’s everything going Lee?

Well they’ve gone, if that’s what you mean.

• 21 BandB // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:05 AM

Bobby has been known to say one thing in private and something completely different when offered the chance to say it in public.

I know this from bitter experience.

• 22 Noel Worst // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:06 AM

Krijo

You’re right, sure as heck it doesn’t make footballing sense, but I don’t think that’s a priority these days. Seems like we’re easy come, easy go, no conviction in squad building, hardly a good environment to try and make everyone believe they’re all for one, so to speak, when those up above are so blase about comings and goings.

Thought we’d had the kick up the arse needed last season, all signs are pointing to lapsing back in to complacency.

• 23 Lindisfarne // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:07 AM

Stoke £12M bid for Shaqiri accepted by Inter, but not hopeful of persuading the player.

I don’t know if it will be Coates the owner that does the negotiating but they have really got some brass tacks.

• 24 lesh // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:08 AM

Joeinthecheapseats

If the twatter story about Moncur walking’s true, then that’s a vote of no-confidence in either Charnley or Ashley or both. Moncur was speaking highly of Ashley so I guess it’s Charnley he’s after!

Maybe McClaren’s pi$$ed off too?

• 25 optimistic prime // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:09 AM

Lindisfarne

Shy bairns get nowt.
    Atleast they’re trying.

• 26 optimistic prime // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:12 AM

I reckon the twatter story will be BS

Bobs no spring chicken so I doubt he’ll be ruffling any feathers.

• 27 Lindisfarne // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:12 AM

Noel Worst

I get the impression the club are mostly interested in players turning over as much as possible, rather than as you suggest building a motivated squad that thrives on solidarity and collaborative success.

• 28 BandB // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:15 AM

I know this from bitter experience.

Honest, guys, I do.

Chumps

• 29 Lindisfarne // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:17 AM

Average_Contents // Jul 1, 2015 at 10:56 PM

Is that..no….no it can’t be..is it him..nar..wait it is..it’s Curtis Good. In the flesh.

>>Glad I am not the only one who spotted him!

• 30 BandB // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:18 AM

I know this from bitter experience.

Honest, guys, I really, really, really, really doooooooooooooo!

• 31 optimistic prime // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:19 AM

BandB

Spit it out then

• 32 Lindisfarne // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:20 AM

optimistic prime

How long will Schteve keep a lid on things, before he loses patience with not having any Coaches, or players for positions he has specified?

• 33 BandB // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:21 AM

Shut up BandB.
    Women can’t know anything!
    Unemployed rambling plumbers know things.
    Not women.
    Right!

• 34 optimistic prime // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:26 AM

Lindisfarne

Don’t think it would take him long to walk. End of next week at the latest if there’s no movement on transfers or coaches.

McLaren said last week and week before he expected to announce his staff at the start of following week, third time lucky?

• 35 BandB // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:28 AM

Women never interview prime ministers. Dali Lamas.
    Men who are your boss’s, boss’s, boss’s, boss’s boss.
    Newcastle United Gods
    People you’ll never, ever get within a hundred yard of, let alone have an appointment with.
    Cos women know nothing.
    Right!

• 36 optimistic prime // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:29 AM

BandB

Do I have to beg?

What’s the crack with Monsieur Moncur?

• 37 Thump // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:30 AM

If Sunderland is in for him, then there’s a real possibility that we weren’t. Almost every time we’re both in for a player, it always seems to come out that we just weren’t that interested (Kilgallon is the only one that immediately springs to mind).

• 38 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:30 AM

grrrr bloody penalty

• 39 ITUNDERASHELL // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:31 AM

Ok, own up, who has bought a season ticket?

• 40 Lindisfarne // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:34 AM

I sometimes wonder, if this is really happening to the club? Are we adding two and two and getting five?

If the Club is being run unfathomably poorly, why is it acceptable to the owner that his investment will potentially turn to dust? Or if we are wrong then why is the correct interpretation not getting through?

• 41 BandB // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:35 AM

OP

I have no idea. He may have made off-the-record remarks to someone who has reported them fairly.
    It is five years since I last spoke to him. He talks a good fight on the phone.
    Ask him to repeat it in public, and he will deny he said anything of the sort.
    My experience.

• 42 Bri // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:36 AM

Charnley’s probably under orders not to be aggressive in the transfer window.
    The whole business stinks at NUFC these days

• 43 BandB // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:37 AM

Also my experience of Freddy Shepherd.

• 44 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:39 AM

Yay pen to us

• 45 Lindisfarne // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:39 AM

BandB

I don’t think Christine Lagarde would agree. You either want to share your story or don’t, otherwise I take what you have already said at face value. Why does sexism have to come into it?

I’ll check back in the morning.

• 46 Lindisfarne // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:41 AM

Thanks for sharing

• 47 BandB // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:42 AM

Bobby was lovely.
    A bit of a flirt.
    Knew exactly who he was.
    Sentimental, and always likely to tear-up a bit when discussing his passions.
    Could be utterly rude to people he considered functionaries if he was in the wrong mood.

• 48 optimistic prime // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:43 AM

BandB

Like most blowhards.

I was dissapointed in his massive u turn on Ashley soon as he got the job.

I’d love it if he’d took the job just to get his feet under the table then let rip. Doubt that’ll happen though.

• 49 BandB // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:44 AM

I have no story.

I tell what I know or can assemble.

People ignore it.

Then they repeat it as their own.

It works for me and gets the message out, otherwise I wouldn’t waste a second here.

• 50 optimistic prime // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:47 AM

I didn’t think that Japan’s was a penalty, first contact was outside the box. I thought she was going down before she was touched

• 51 Thump // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:49 AM

Hang on, Moncur wanting to walk?

That could be the best thing for the club. If he’s upset with the way the transfer window is going then we might actually be spending money – after all, this is the man who thought Pardew and Carver were doing a fantastic job, and believed the latter should get the job full time.

• 52 BandB // Jul 2, 2015 at 12:53 AM

Lindy,

By all means challenge me in the morning.
    I’ll be rested then.
    Bring your fireproofs.

• 53 Tinman // Jul 2, 2015 at 1:02 AM

Neither were pens. But how well did the England lass take that!!

• 54 Tinman // Jul 2, 2015 at 1:03 AM

Missed the whole hearth time analysis because the electric cut off, some storm up here!!

• 55 Tinman // Jul 2, 2015 at 1:04 AM

England are going to win this ugly. Probably from a long through. They remind me of Stoke. How quick are our RB and LB?!! Brilliant.

• 56 optimistic prime // Jul 2, 2015 at 1:07 AM

I wish the Japanese lasses would shut the fcuk up.

• 57 optimistic prime // Jul 2, 2015 at 1:09 AM

Tinman

Didn’t miss much, there’s def wasn’t a pen. Ours was weak but it was a pen when you see it in slow mo.

They said they weren’t that impressed with Japan as they keep the ball but do little with it.

I agree with you, I think England will win this.

• 58 Brummie // Jul 2, 2015 at 1:22 AM

Do Newcastle have a woman’s team and if so does Ashley own their team as well.

• 59 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 2, 2015 at 1:27 AM

Brummie yes

• 60 Brummie // Jul 2, 2015 at 1:30 AM

Ohh ok i never hear anything about them…..I doubt Ashley gives them any money whatsoever. Where are all the players he promised us…..

• 61 willowdalerez // Jul 2, 2015 at 1:52 AM

Damn own goal after such a fierce display… Fell for England lasses.

• 62 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 2, 2015 at 1:52 AM

what a great performance but how unlucky

• 63 willowdalerez // Jul 2, 2015 at 1:53 AM

that is feel for the English lasses

• 64 willowdalerez // Jul 2, 2015 at 1:58 AM

England really disrupted Japan’s passing game and used their height to great advantage forcing Japan onto the backfoot… Feel awful for Bassett

• 65 Thump // Jul 2, 2015 at 2:04 AM

@Brummie: NUWFC is in no way affiliated with NUFC. They pay for their own kit via sponsorships and such – Ashley is simply not interested.

• 66 willowdalerez // Jul 2, 2015 at 2:17 AM

Back to the Toon what is going on? Not even the coaching staff announced (although its an open secret Cathro is on his way) and preseason is already underway!

I give Ashley until start of the season to prove his words but hope they are just be delaying because Austin hasn’t returned from honeymoon and others are being fnalized but basic terms agreed… can only hope!

• 67 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 2, 2015 at 3:38 AM

@willow

Nothing is going on as per normal. Look forward to an exciting season trying to stay out of the bottom 3.

• 68 will die for the toon army // Jul 2, 2015 at 5:53 AM

Silence is too much. Never experienced this. No rumours No signings No Backroom staff Nothing from Head Coach.

Hope its worth the wait.

• 69 Chris // Jul 2, 2015 at 6:04 AM

If anyone wants to look at the full set of pre-season training pics (all 106 of them) they’re on here:

I’ve identified the following 23 players who were taking part:
    Aarons, Anita, Armstrong, Bigirimana, Cabella, Colback, Darlow, De Jong, Dummett, Elliot, Ferguson, Good, Gouffran, Haidara, Lascelles, Marveaux, Obertan, Perez, Riviere, S Taylor, Vuckic, Williamson, Woodman

There seem to be several senior players missing but we’ve been told that 3 of them – Krul, Janmaat and Sissoko – are being allowed to return a bit later (because of their international duties) so that leaves the following unexplained absentees:
    Abeid, Sammy Ameobi, Cisse, Coloccini & Tiote.
    Maybe that’s a clue as to which players will be leaving in the summer?

• 70 will die for the toon army // Jul 2, 2015 at 6:09 AM

Moncur has finally spoken but he has talked abt only Cathro and Black in the backroom staff.

He says we shld b patient signings r coming.

• 71 hibbit // Jul 2, 2015 at 6:22 AM

will die for…………..were has bobby spoken out i can not find any thing from him any were any links

• 72 will die for the toon army // Jul 2, 2015 at 6:24 AM

• 73 will die for the toon army // Jul 2, 2015 at 6:28 AM

We have 28 grown players we buy 6 we have to ship out 9 players.

• 74 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 2, 2015 at 6:29 AM

So Bobby has confirmed Cathro and Black but nowt else

• 75 hibbit // Jul 2, 2015 at 6:39 AM

tfl…..the rest of the staff are all ex -derby who’s contracts only ended yesterday more news today

• 76 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 2, 2015 at 6:50 AM

To be honest folks I don’t think any other club knows who Penfold is and I don’t think the care for him!

…if he wants players he’s sadly going to have to outbid everyone else. What’s the chances of that happening?

Morning by the way 🙂

• 77 Average_Contents // Jul 2, 2015 at 6:54 AM

Good old moncur getting wheeled out to placate the masses. Nice one bob.

On him walking out. Lmfco. As if he’d walk away after his pieces of silver and a cushy number on our none existent footballing board. Again Lmfco.

Op from last night

Blushing? After your sunburn? No chance mate lol. If you need to hide the red face then definitely use that helmet, it might even be an improvement 😉

• 78 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 2, 2015 at 6:55 AM

TFL…who’s the author on that website you seem to have a trigger happy finger clicking on?

• 79 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 2, 2015 at 6:59 AM

If we have 28 players older than 21 then we have alot of deadwood!

• 80 will die for the toon army // Jul 2, 2015 at 6:59 AM

Every one says we r a wel organised club with everything in place. Administration & Accounts.

I jst dont know wat happens wen transfers come. I think we r jst lack experience in that area

• 81 firebug666 // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:00 AM

All the bragging in the past about how Newcastle bought their players cheap and sold them within a season or two at triple the value has come back to bite them on the ar$e.

Clubs are a lot wiser when dealing with Newcastle in the transfer market, and when you add the vast amounts of money given to premier league clubs now, sellers want their share.

Ashley can buy cheap for his tat shops, but Newcastle United cannot for players, they may try, most likely they will try, but then end result will be no deal.

If we want players of quality we will have to pay the going rate, My guess is we will be getting more Gouffran’s and Cabella’s.

• 82 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:01 AM

no idea jesper

ah ok ty hibbit

• 83 will die for the toon army // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:02 AM

jesperfuglsang – capt’n awesome of the lemon crew.

alot of deadwood without value for money.

• 84 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:05 AM

Don’t use the term going rate, because it’s a misconception on here!

• 85 will die for the toon army // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:08 AM

firebug666

Putting e deadwood and old players like S.Taylor Colo Williamson Cisse Tiote. If we make e right signings at e right age we will have a really good young squad under 26.
    We will have a good foundation.

• 86 hibbit // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:22 AM

i would like to put this misconception to bed once and forall we are not a well run club and no one outside the club thinks we are……..pr bullshit

• 87 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:23 AM

TFL…just be careful because posting links on and on frin the same website will at some point become spamming!

• 88 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:23 AM

*from

• 89 cyprus // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:24 AM

So, Sammy will sign a contract in order to be sold or loaned? Doesn’t make much sense.
    Unless there is hope that he will come good, which I think he can, with the right coaching.

Nice to see all those people fit. Hope it lasts.

Oh and sign someone already.

• 90 carl // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:25 AM

Chris
    @69
    Many thanks . Informative comments as well.

• 91 will die for the toon army // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:29 AM

Sammy is not going to be loaned. I bet Sammy is jst going to b like Shola one club player.

When is Sholaz testimonial?

• 92 LGFUAD21 // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:32 AM

While I am not as doom and gloom as many on here.

I am slowly getting worried.

The big thing for me is that we need the players in before usa so Steve can have a proper pre season with them involved.

• 93 firebug666 // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:33 AM

will die for the toon army @85

Can you trust this club to do that?

Past experience tells us that we will buy from the bargain basement, that we will not get rid of the deadwood as there is no profit in it, but we may sell some of our better players, the spine of the team types for a few extra green backs.

This club does absolutely nothing with football in mind, it is based solely on a spreadsheet.

• 94 Jail for Ashley // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:35 AM

Whoever Newcastle United appointed as head coach this summer, they wouldn’t have been universally accepted.

There would have always been question marks over them no matter who got the job and that’s a fact. There was talk of Patrick Vieira coming to Newcastle and while some fans wanted that, others felt he didn’t have enough experience.

Had he come in and done a good job it would have been great but had he failed there would have been accusations of appointing a coach of no experience.

Straight away good old loyal and honest Bob finding fault with us fickle and never happy fans.

• 95 Ron Knee // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:36 AM

Can someone remind me: How long has Charmless been in charge of buying players (or not, in this case)? Did he negotiate for Cabella, SDJ & Rivière?

• 96 Jail for Ashley // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:41 AM

Sorry, should have put quotation marks round that and named the source.

• 97 firebug666 // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:41 AM

Ron

Yep those deals also included Pardew and Carr, well according to the gospel of Pardew. Do you remember he thanked himself, Carr and Charmless for getting them over the line.

• 98 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:41 AM

Ron Knee,
    Yes, he was in charge for last summer. That was his first window as the main man.

• 99 will die for the toon army // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:42 AM

Am worried. So worried. The last such a thing happened during Joe Kinnearz Reign.

I trust Charnely & the board. Hope they don’t disappoint.

Backroom staff.

• 100 Ron Knee // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:43 AM

Thanks, chaps!
    Should I be reassured?

• 101 Jail for Ashley // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:43 AM

Ron Knee,
    For everyone blaming the horrid and ugly looking Churnly he was widely credited with getting the business done last year. People can’t have it both ways.

• 102 Jail for Ashley // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:45 AM

Wdfta,
    If you really meant your username and stand by that post you just made, you wouldn’t be long for this earth.

• 103 firebug666 // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Ron

Of cause you should be reassured, we will get players in.

When shopping in the bargain basement the selling club will be more than happy to sell, and even chuck in a couple of sweeteners.

We never really got much out of the last summer window, Janmaat and Colback. Perez was meant for the development squad but played out of desperation, should tell us all we need to know.

• 104 Ron Knee // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:48 AM

firebug
    Consider me reassured!

• 105 hibbit // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:49 AM

i have a feeling the club will pull a rabbit from the hat this week and surprise us all……….i hope

• 106 will die for the toon army // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:50 AM

I think Charnely before being MD he was jst doing paper work not negotiations. But I can’t also bring it to mind that Derek can negotiate a deal. So I think Charnely did all the work.

His first window as MD wasnt bad. He pulled off the SDJ deal didnt see it coming.

For January, me too if I was MD I wasnt buying any one team looked fit and ready even Santon wasnt getting a chance. Strong squad

• 107 hibbit // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:55 AM

do we still have fans that think we have a strong squad ………..which games was he watching

• 108 Ron Knee // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:56 AM

Jail@101
    What two ways do you mean?

• 109 firebug666 // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:56 AM

will die for the toon army

Mmmmmm…..

Strong squad?

Was that the same squad that couldn’t buy a win, Santon was benched simply because of inept management of the team, he was sold to reduce the wage bill, and he was a player we needed.

The SDJ deal was a good deal, but then he was cheap, and they gambled on his fitness.

I do hope to see more from him this season, only then will we know if he was a good deal for us.

• 110 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:58 AM

Will Die For,
    A strong squad in Jan? No specialist right back cover, no specialist left back cover (after Santon had gone), no centre back cover, one out and out goalscorer, no creativity in midfield.

Some of those issues are down to a lack of players others caused by long term injuries. Either way, the squad was looking frail when the window closed.

• 111 will die for the toon army // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:01 AM

It wasn’t that strong but wel equipped. SDJ and Aarons were back. At one point we had a good bench.

it looked like it wld take us thru e season. Every one was wrong but Charnely worst Mistake was John Carver.

• 112 firebug666 // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:02 AM

Charnley’s worst mistake was saying yes when offered the MD role!

• 113 SuperShearer // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:03 AM

It’s the same mistakes every year with this clown outfit of chairman and owner:
    1. NEVER communicate with fans. Announcing new coaching line-up would have been a good place to start with this.
    2. No signings, not even a freebie or an audacious bid. I get wanting to keep silent but given how poor we were last season speed is likely to be of the essence.
    3. Worrying about the income stream of season tickets NOT the product they’re actually selling.
    4. Hinting that signings have been identified and are on their way only for NOTHING to happen.

Most people learn from their mistakes, this lot are like Elma Fudd, W. E. Coyte and Daffy Duck, the idiots just do the same thing and hope for different results.

• 114 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:03 AM

It wasn’t strong or well equipped. Carver had to play the majority of games without a goalscorer, and for a number of games was only able to field 1 or 2 defenders in the actual positions they played, and in some cases in the team altogether.

• 115 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:04 AM

That isn’t to excuse Carver, but his ability to do the job was seriously hampered by the number of injuries and the squad being depleted further. Still, he did say he was happy with it…

• 116 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:05 AM

Pressed enter too early…..

• 117 Jail for Ashley // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:07 AM

Ron Knee,
    Sorry, not sure what I meant reading back ????

• 118 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:07 AM

And keeping all the young prospects in house to fill up numbers has been one of the biggest mistakes we have repeated ever since Ashley bought the club!

…no wonder we are not bringing anyone through!

• 119 Jail for Ashley // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:08 AM

????= shocked, confused smiley.

• 120 Jail for Ashley // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:10 AM

Lilongwe,
    Was the 2.5M they got for Santon so risky that we couldn’t have waited until now to sell him ?

• 121 firebug666 // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:11 AM

Carver just wanted the prestige of being the Head Coach of Newcastle United.

He would often remind us that he was a Geordie, and that he worked with the great SBR, now he can add “I was head coach of Newcastle United me like!” to his repartee.

But back to today, I think there is no doubt that signings will come in, who and when is the question. My major concern is will we go for quality or continue to penny pinch?

• 122 will die for the toon army // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:12 AM

The shocking thing. We the Fans are scared abt the senario while people connected with the Club are calm. Read Moncur and he is so calm.

• 123 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:18 AM

Jail,
    A weird move that. The explanation was something like they didn’t think they would be able to get a deal as good or better in the summer. The money we got for him was a pittance, and it left us short.

Considering they had said that they had tried to get a defender in to replace Mbiwa in the summer, to then let another defender go, not long after Taylor was ruled out for the season, was madness.

• 124 firebug666 // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:21 AM

will die for

Moncur sold his sole to Ashley a long time ago, he spends his time now sticking it to the fans and singing Ashley’s praises.

The fans have good reason to be scared, we have seen this all before, we have no trust in the regime running the club, and expect the same old same old.

We put up with some of the most cringe worthy comments from the idiots running our club, but the lies (blatant lies) spewing from the club are just unforgivable.

Charnley promised the FF members he would bring forward their meeting to before the end of last season for example. the reality is it will be 71 days since he said that when the meeting takes place on the 6th July.

Fans cannot trust the club, it would be like turning your back on a very hungry lion.

• 125 hibbit // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:21 AM

a lot of people are saying the take up on season tickets is only 50% not the 70%in the mag my mate looked his seats up that he has not renewed and they came up taken so he rang the the club and the were still his if he changed his mind i was thinking how many others this was happening to

• 126 firebug666 // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:30 AM

hibbit

Just goes to show the type of people running the club.

They are fully adept at misinformation, but slowly they are being found out, the fans have known for a while, but the rest of the world are starting to take notice.

Nothing at Newcastle is black and white anymore, not even the shirt. They are running the club on lies and deceit and have done for years, but now they are being found out.

• 127 John Tudor // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:45 AM

rabbits do not play footy

• 128 mickalfas // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:46 AM

If we have such a high wage bill for so many mediocre players ,whoever sanctioned the signings should be sacked
    Is it the scouting system that’s a shambles?,surely if we are buying third or fourth choice players their wages should be less

• 129 Magpie Season // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Hmm, I too remember people, including Ed, praising Charnley about how quickly he got things done. Forgot the exact details though.

• 130 hibbit // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:48 AM

john…… neither do newcastle

• 131 Magpie Season // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:50 AM

hibbit & firebugg,

Mate, I don’t live in UK but I have gotten so, so many emails from NUFC direct about this big sale & that big sale, every single week. All this advertising.

There was a summer sale going on where you get 10% off by using the quote Summer10, I must have gotten that same email 6 times. 4 more & I could have gotten the item for free. Unfortunately it doesn’t work like that.

• 132 will die for the toon army // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:52 AM

They are Great talkers with no Action.

• 133 Magpie Season // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:53 AM

mickalfas,

Don’t think our wage bill is that high now mate since all the departures last season. Mbiwa, Santon & Ben Arfa, Debuchy & Cabaye were not mediocre players & had wages excess of 50-60k. Guti is the exception but he too is now gone.
    I actually think our wage bill is very low, in the bottom half of the league for sure.

The players we have now no one earns over 50k except for Colo & Cabella.

• 134 hibbit // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:57 AM

magpie season……..its the same for every one if the club have your e.mail adress you get at lest 2 a day every day but that’s the way sd works and they run the shop

• 135 nut meg // Jul 2, 2015 at 8:57 AM

Magpie Season
    Did our wage bill not go up by something like 28m?? Can of worms ??

• 136 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 2, 2015 at 9:01 AM

Talks have begun between Porto and Anderlecht for Aleksandar Mitrovic. The players preferred destination is Portugal.

• 137 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 2, 2015 at 9:03 AM

Orlando City in talks to land Chicharito,

• 138 mickalfas // Jul 2, 2015 at 9:08 AM

Nut meg
    Exactly,sometimes not right,players out and wages up !!

• 139 mickalfas // Jul 2, 2015 at 9:10 AM

Tfl
    Another 2 to scratch off the list then?

• 140 Rotonda heights // Jul 2, 2015 at 9:13 AM

Jail for Ashley // Jul 2, 2015 at 7:43 AM

Ron Knee,
    – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

OH THE IRONY!!!!!

• 141 vipgreek // Jul 2, 2015 at 4:48 PM

he wasnt that good anyways , plus we dont stand a chance of getting him , coz he cost more than 1 mil

previous post: Photos From First Day Of Training – Fan Forum Meeting