Steve McClaren’s Email To Newcastle Fans

Steve McClaren sent out an email tonight to Newcastle fans, and asked them for patience during this summer transfer window,  and he is well aware the fans want new players brought in – quickly.

steve mcclaren

Steve McClaren during coaching on Thursday

Here is the jist of that email:

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I know the anticipation is already out there and that yes, you want to see new players coming in through the door immediately.

This is natural. For me as head coach, however it is so important that the right payers come through the door.

However long it takes , I want to make sure that we have just the type of people who can come in and force us forward.

On the surface, things can seem quiet, but beneath it, I want to assure you that we are striving to be prepared for the upcoming season.

The hard work needed to push us where we want to go is well underway.

The plan we have as a club excites me. It isn’t a quick fix, it’s not going to happen overnight.

It’s going to take patience and ups and downs, knocks, highs and lows, but we have got an opportunity over time to really make a statement.

I’m looking forward to being with you on the journey.

It looks like Steve will use emails to communicate with Newcastle fans – so that’s a good step forward by Steve,so he can at least share what he’s doing even if we hardly ever hear anything from Lee Charnley.

Steve is reported to be unhappy about the stand taken by the club not to talk to the general media other than preferred outlets Sky Sports and the Mirror.

The upper management at Newcastle certainly have a huge hang-up with the media, and the sooner it’s fixed the better it will be for everybody.

But Steve McClaren, his coaching staff and the team deserve all the support the fans can give them.

Who knows, we may even have a good season next season.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:09 PM

Can someone who is well informed tell me why this coaching team is strong?

• Ibizatoon

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:15 PM

Jesper…I think you may be lost. What was it you were looking for again?

• Tsunki

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:16 PM

Glorious power of truth is gift to masses! Wonderful truth of well being and strength is the gift to the people, may we all join in the mightiness of conforming to grand Truth!

• Tsunki

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:18 PM

Jesper I think together they can lift heavy things.

• welshgeordie9

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:20 PM

Jesper

It’s strong because carver and stone are not there, simple really.

• Ibizatoon

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:21 PM

Isn’t it refreshing to know that it’s perfectly natural how we’re all feeling?

That’s relaxed me.

“Striving to be prepared” – Phwoar. Watch out PL. We’re coming for ya!

• Tsunki

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:22 PM

Let the night shift take over…

• optimistic prime

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:22 PM

Have we won the league yet?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:23 PM

Ibiza…???

• Belfast

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:23 PM

They use moisturiser Jesper And Carver didn’t.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:24 PM

Tsunki… 😀

Welsh…what you would mean then is it’s not as weak!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:25 PM

Glad to see I am not then only one who’s mystified!

• welshgeordie9

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:25 PM

Tsunki

What you should have said is, let welshie take over.

Ha ha ha

• Ibizatoon

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:27 PM

Tsunki…Nice motivational slogan that.

I’m going to get one for my office wall. A nice picture of our new coaching team…and Woodman with “Together, we can lift heavy things” underneath.

I’m all pumped up already. Just before bedtime too. Rats.

Jesper…Now you seem confused. Lost and confused. It’s okay mate, we look after our elders round here. Sit down, have a nice cup of tea. Watch out for Belfast mind. He might try and steal a biscuit.

• Ibizatoon

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:29 PM

OP…Honestly, that’s just being silly. We will win the league, but we have to play some games first. It’ll probably be won by Jan, maybe early Feb.

If we manage to sign some players, maybe even by December. But that’s probably expecting too much.

• Belfast

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:30 PM

I don’t steal I sample

• Geordie John

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:30 PM

• welshgeordie9

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:30 PM

First signing tomorrow super mario, then bellamy, bowyer, dyer, Barton and then savage.

ive picked a nice quiet bunch, what could go possibly wrong.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:33 PM

Ibiza…I should know better than to come in here after midnight…all sorts of crazy people are here 😉

…I might be older, but we have been through this before. Who looks the older! All that sun, the heavy drinking, no sleep and the golden ladies 😉

Belfast is sneaky I know! But I am on to him…

• mickalfas

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:34 PM

SM must be watching Rivieres shooting practice with a grin like that !

• Munster Mag

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:38 PM

Jesper, you’re a miserable moaning bastard at the best of time but here goes re the coaching set up:

McLaren has respect all over europe from players and coaches. He was chosen to manage England. He is far better working day to day with players than as a national mgr. He won a league in Holland with a very so-so team. He is not Mourinho but he worked with Fergie. He made some bad moves and was shafted at Forest. Derby and QPR fans still wonder how Derby stayed down and QPR went up

Cathro is known to be innovative and hungry. We havent had this in years

Black has serious credibility from teams like the B + I Lions

The new fitness guy cant be worse than what we had, and neither can Simpson.

Charva is gone ….thank God for that alone….

• lesh

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:39 PM

Repost from previous

There’s something about these emails – and I don’t know what – that suggests that Steve McClaren’s got himself more power than he had when he joined.

You’ll note that the announcements weren’t made through the Preferred Media Partners but issued to fans in McClaren’s name.

He also seems to be talking about ‘the right players’ HE wants in.

I wonder whether there’s been some frank discussions among the so-called ‘Board’ that’s brought on this relative avalanche of communication from the Club.

Let’s hope Charnley’s had a kick up the backside too!

• usmagpie

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:44 PM

Steven Spielberg has a new movie coming out soon.
    Its like The Goonies where the club goes out and tries to find players instead of treasure to save the club instead of the town. Nice little twist in the plot, right up until the end of the movie ( Transfer Window ) we get that player. He is thinking of naming it The Toonies.
    I am sure to watch it, only problem is its about two months long, honey we needs coffee and popcorn.

• optimistic prime

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:45 PM

Lesh

Is it ok if I just hope Charnleys been kicked in the head?

• lesh

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:48 PM

OP

Surely you can’t feel that way about Charnley….. Can you?

He’s just out of his depth and like Carver, hasn’t the sense to see it and tells Ashley he wants his old job back.

Ah, but his old job included pushing transfers through and unless there’re any sales to come, that job’s pretty well redundant under Ashley.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:50 PM

Munster Mag…I am actually quite happy!

…and a very likeable person just ask Belfast!

• Ibizatoon

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:53 PM

Jesper…Indeed, despite that unhealthy lifestyle I still look younger. Because I am. Would it help if I wrote this in CAPS for you? 🙂

Geordie John…Made me chuckle. Not sure it should have, but it did.

Munster…Bit uncalled for towards Jesper.

Lesh…Sorry, it’s a little late and I should really be asleep. Was that genuine or a funny? With the varying views this blog produces it’s proving hard to tell 🙂

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Ibiza…you won’t fool me mate! You look 40 and you know it 😉 lol

I think Munster has me confused with himself!

• Ibizatoon

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Not sure about likable however…you were bigging up the Bee Gees earlier.

You can expect a strongly worded email. That’s even worse than Lionel.

I can feel myself getting wound up already.

Bee Gees. Honestly. How can you get it right on so many things Jesper and then drop the Bee Gees on us.

I mean, just look…

The shame 🙂

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 3, 2015 at 12:00 AM

Ibiza…I was going to mention your favourite Lionel Richie but was afraid you couldn’t handle it 😀

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 3, 2015 at 12:02 AM

Ibiza…that picture isn’t that from your OV campaign?

…you, Belfast and Ruddy 😀

• Grumpy

Jul 3, 2015 at 12:02 AM

looks like a lawyers press release.same ole ,same ole

• Ibizatoon

Jul 3, 2015 at 12:03 AM

I might have to go. Opening up a Google image search of the Bee Gees has made me feel unwell.

My laptop started laughing at me.

I don’t want anyone to suffer, and the longer I stay, the more likely I’ll be to start posting links to further evidence of the disgraceful actions of Jesper today.

I think it’s best we just draw a line under it. It’s midnight in England, the start of a new day.

I won’t ruin it for you.

Goodnight everyone. I’ll be back to celebrate the putting together of a coaching staff tomorrow. Mike and Lee had it in them afterall. They didn’t even have to give Carver a job.

• Ibizatoon

Jul 3, 2015 at 12:05 AM

Jesper…Newcaslte may struggle to find the “line”, but you sir, you not only found it, but you crossed it.

Beef.

As if I’d pose with Belfast! 🙂

Night

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 3, 2015 at 12:05 AM

Goodnight Ibiza!

*Send my regards to the bikini girls 😉

• awaydays

Jul 3, 2015 at 12:11 AM

“Are the boo boys out in force… Again” he said angrily

• geordie157

Jul 3, 2015 at 12:22 AM

Based on the system McLaren likes to play, players like Marveaux and Vuckic may actually have a chance to shine. The problem is those two plus De Jong and Cabella are all best in the no.10 role.

Nice to see Bigi back in training too, he’s another that could push on again if the coaching team are good.

• Mister Tuff

Jul 3, 2015 at 12:36 AM

Couple of points.
    If Cabaye goes to Palace I can see it as a possible benefit for them. Cabaye spraying the ball forward for their fast players -might really pay dividends for them – with Percy stumbling upon a successful style of play.

The other point is that we should see the effects of Wallys training methods and then a comparison can be made with what King Percy achieved or didn’t achieve. I suspect that Wally will turn out to be better than Percy -the inference will be that Percy was not that good – hopefully this will shut up his followers once and for all.

• Sammmy

Jul 3, 2015 at 12:36 AM

He said that about the coaching team and that is pretty impressive, so i guess we’ll have to wait and see.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jul 3, 2015 at 12:41 AM

So does anyone think Derby will sign up our old coaching team now that we have taken theirs? 😉

…we missed out on their GK coach though didn’t we?