Report Newcastle Have Given Up On Charlie Austin

The London Evening Standard are reporting tonight that Newcastle have given up on trying to sign their number one striker target Charlie Austin this summer, with the reason given that Austin doesn’t want to move his family from their home in Wiltshire.

That’s not the first time there have been rumors that Charlie does not want to uproot his family and move to Newcastle, but it’s difficult to know if that’s true with other reports saying that Charlie is waiting for Newcastle to make a bid.

charlie austin qpr

Charlie Austin – doesn’t want to uproot his family?

On SkyBet Newcastle’s odds have slipped in the last day from evens to 7/4, with Crystal Palace coming in as second favorite at 2/1 and West Ham at 6/1.

Maybe Palace can make their second big signing be getting Charlie, with Yohan Cabaye currently undergoing a medical in London.

The fee for Cabaye is an initial £10M with £3M in bonuses depending on how many games Yohan plays for Palace.

Newcastle seem to be moving aggressively for 20 year-old Serbian striker Aleksandar Mitrovic, and have opened negotiations with Anderlecht for him.

That may be because indeed we have given up on the QPR striker.

But the big problem with Aleksandar is that he wants Champions League football if he moves from Anderlecht, and Newcastle will never be able to give him that.

But it seems – as we reported earlier today – that Newcastle are the only club to be willing to pay the €16M Anderlecht want for him.

But given these dodgy circumstances, Newcastle should try to tie up Mitrovic as soon as possible, which is maybe why we are moving so fast for him.

We could tell him that top four is our target in the Premier League next season?

We have no chance of doing that,  but it could still be our target.

🙂

If it’s true that Austin doesn’t want to move his family to Newcastle, there’s not too much the club can do about that.

But we don’t know if it’s true either.

Maybe we can go back in for Bas Dost of Wolfsburg?

• NOVA2967

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:07 PM

Good, we can get Cabeye then…

• NOVA2967

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:07 PM

Right…

• optimistic prime

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:07 PM

Beer

Everything I know about woman of the night I learned from watching pretty woman!

• NOVA2967

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:08 PM

ohhh 🙁

• beermonkey

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:11 PM

prime

you don’t sleep with them and then marry them

sounds familiar

firebug

beer is not to bad from the offi but in the pub its 3.70 a pint hence I only go out once a week

what do you brew

• Average_Contents

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:12 PM

I reckon OP knows so much about ladies of the night because BandB has him hog-tied in her dungeon of doom, drilling it into him.
    As an added bonus she shows him endless slides of jeffreys dribble. Slide after slide of that Bullshit definitely would send you into the arms of morphine.

Sorry, not sure what’s come over me….

• optimistic prime

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Beer

Haha, I knew I was doing something wrong. Maybe I shouldn’t walk in with a engagement rung in future.

• firebug666

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:14 PM

beer

I was down Whitby and Robin Hoods Bay last weekend and two pints plus a half of lemonade for the bairn cost me a tenner.

I brew it all mate, stout, bitter, larger, ale, wine and spirits.

• optimistic prime

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:15 PM

That’s enough gentlemen, back to the drugs 😉

• optimistic prime

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:16 PM

Firebug

Good lad

• beermonkey

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:21 PM

prime

I am getting married next year still not got the misses an engagement ring
    thinking I might not bother

firebug

I live just outside brighton and it has been known for me to pay 13 quid for a wine and pint for me and the misses

my old man used to brew and in his time made some great stuff but larger and that how do you get it cold
    when he first started he bottled a load of stuff off to early and it all exploded he was not very popular with me mum

• optimistic prime

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:26 PM

I’ve tried moonshine, pochine (correct spelling Belfast?) but by far the most intoxicating was slipavich, Bosnian moonshine. It was like drinking battery acid, a double and you’re wasted.
    Strips the enamel off your teeth.

• croftus5678

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:29 PM

well if we get mitrovic i’ll see losing austin as a bullet dodged tbh as mitrovic is a far far better player and better suited to what we need imo.

mit is also a class above our current level imo as is wijnaldum and matip tbh.

• firebug666

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:29 PM

beer

Sometimes it has a tendency to do that if it’s still fermenting, I always wait until it fermented out and the add a priming drop to each bottle, this builds up enough pressure to give the beer a good head without the explosion. After a couple to three weeks in my shed I just pop what I want in the fridge ready for match day.

Spirits take a little more work, but the end results are worth it.

I’m on the North East coast by the way.

• toon22

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:31 PM

Hope it means we wont hang around all summer as usual.

If he aint going to sign move on.

• beermonkey

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:31 PM

prime

I was in Taiwan a few years ago and thought I would try rice wine
    they didn’t sell it in the hotel bar so I asked the waitress and she explained the cooked with it so I asked her to get me some
    she bought out the bottle and it was the same type of bottle with warnings on it like white spirit
    it tasted like sh1t

but I have always fancied trying moonshine

• firebug666

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:34 PM

beer

I like moonshine, my head hates it, and my legs, well they are not much use sober, so when the moon is out they just give up.

• beermonkey

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:37 PM

you can buy moonshine on amazon

I have a stag week to go on next month I might order some

• firebug666

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:40 PM

beer

Just make some, it’s cheaper.

• optimistic prime

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:40 PM

Moonshine isn’t bad, gets you quite wrecked.

I went to British Columbia twenty years ago and through a mate met a old biker who’d been hit by a truck.

He used his compo to buy a farm were he grew weed and brewed moonshine.

Great week 🙂

• Toon-Prodigy

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:41 PM

Bad news.. Stalling as all the top players are being taken?

Makes me think they wanted this with leaving it so long..

Have they expected all the top boys to be taken by now so they can dip into the 2nd and 3rd raters in the realms of 6-8 mil as usual. With the money we have in the bank? How much has Pardew had to spend since January? Something seriously wrong here. PALACE?

It’s all talk and leaks, no action. It’s been a while for a while?

Same as usual.

Im down, but would love to be surprised.

• Zangwill_Ho

Jul 10, 2015 at 7:01 AM

Good news,Charlie Austin will not come, yeah!
    He is not powerful enough to be our no.9

• lochinvar

Jul 10, 2015 at 7:59 AM

London Evening Standard – the clue is in the title. London.
    The same airport lounge that spent £50b or something ridiculous on CrossRail and thinks the the Metro is in Paris.
    If Mrs. Austin likes living in Wiltshire that’s ok and she wants Charlie home in time for tea he might be better driving south to Bournmouth to time to avoid the London rush hour traffic.
    Perfectly understandable and his loss.
    We -I shouldn’t get trampled in the rush thinking he’s the new Supermac, he’s not. He’s a footballer and there are plenty to choose from.
    Whether or not Charnley signs them is an entirely different question.

• Widowmaker

Jul 10, 2015 at 8:32 AM

Beermonkey,

a Taiwanese here, not surprised that you did not enjoy the rice wine dish.

Rice wine is only used sparingly as kind of spices here in Taiwan. There are certainly people who drink it but what kind of taste do you expect from a bottle of wine that cost you 50 pence?

Back to the food, I think you are not alone in finding it horrible. Most people here, especially the younger ones, don’t like it but it was a good source of energy in the past…an award for daddy who worked in chilli days.

If you want decent rice wine, try Japanese rice wine. I can personally assure you that you won’t be disappointed.