The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Status Of Benton Training Ground Improvements

1:55 pm, Thursday, July 9th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 85 Comments

A number of fans have been asking what’s happening with the training ground improvements at Benton we heard about over eighteen months ago.

Construction was initially supposed to start at the end of last season – but because our precarious situation in the league, the plans were put on hold – but now the club is looking at how to reset the plans.

But of course it may now be next May – because the players need to train somewhere during the season – so that’s one casualty of our very worrying second half of the season.

benton training gorunds

This is what was put out in mid-November of 2013 on the new training grounds:

Newcastle United Football Club have announced plans for a stunning new state-of-the-art training complex as part of a multi-million pound redevelopment of the Club’s existing 35-acre training ground site.

The current intention is that work will get underway in May 2015 and when complete in early 2016, the Magpies will occupy one of the finest training facilities of its kind in Europe.

While existing training pitches and a modern indoor training hall will be retained, the Club’s current Training Center building will be demolished and replaced by a much larger, high-tech structure.

It will accommodate newly-designed changing, training, rehabilitation, medical, leisure and catering facilities and will also introduce the latest aquatic technology to the site, with a 20-metre swimming pool, a hydrotherapy and fitness pool and specialist equipment to aid injury prevention and recovery.

The new construction will also create a fitness center double the size of the Club’s existing gymnasium, as well as administrative space, a presentation suite for match analysis and a new media suite.

And when asked in the Fans Forum meeting on Monday night about the status of the training grounds this is how the club responded:

The club outlined that planning has been approved, tenders had been out and prices had been supplied. In order to proceed, contracts needed to be signed well in advance but because of the position the club found itself in towards the end of the season, the decision was taken not to commit at that time.

Along with the head coach, the club is now identifying the best time to start work and is mindful of disruptions mid-season.

It seems as through the plans could be put back as much as a year – which is a pity.

Tags: Coaching · Fans Forum · Newcastle News · Premier League · Training Ground

85 responses so far ↓

• 1 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jul 9, 2015 at 1:57 PM

I think discipline was also needed in the dressing room far too many players getting sent off and being unfit and not looking interested !

Also Colo getting to go away on holiday when there is team building exercises needs to be cut out especially if he is not performing !!

• 2 Mister Tuff // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:00 PM

So translating that means they thought they were going down – so no committment to spend on the new facilities.

• 3 expatmag // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:04 PM

Tuff

Just read the minutes. All the key questions were basically ignored and glossed over with rhetoric.

• 4 optimistic prime // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:06 PM

Repost

I did like the bit where Schteeve said he’d been asking players why fans thought they were shit and not commited .

I’d have loved to have been a fly on the wall for some of those meetings.

• 5 Jib // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:08 PM

For me this was the best quote of the forum , in response to a question about the state of club transfers.
    “I’m very chilled about it because I know what’s going on behind the scenes. Eventually, we’ll get there. I wouldn’t have come here if that hadn’t been the case. I know what we can do and what we intend to do. ¨

• 6 BandB // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:10 PM

We did discover that jam tomorrow is still on the menu.
    We need to learn patience, is the “new” message.
    If we knew what McClaren knows about the plans for the next three windows, we’d be beside ourselves with excitement.
    That is, of course, exactly what Carver said about this so far name-free window.

• 7 Novocastrian66 // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:11 PM

Oh dear another done deal not actually done. Another example of this regime’s inability to put plans into action. To label them as amateur would be an insult to the work that amateur football club administrators do in what is basically their spare time.

• 8 TacoFlavoredKisses ForMyBen-arfa // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:14 PM

Lee Charnless said nothing at the fourm?? what a piece of Shyt

• 9 Jib // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:17 PM

Novocastrian66
    Reading the minutes of the last few fans forums , the club comes across as anything but amateurish.
    Some of the Forum members read a bit on the thick side mind you .
    Being rude about the club because you are frustratingly , not one of those in the know , is quite understandable.

• 10 expatmag // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:18 PM

Band

Rather than jam, I am expecting a rather nifty little tarty chilean marmalade and a nice indonesian dough bread loaf.

• 11 TacoFlavoredKisses ForMyBen-arfa // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:19 PM

indonesian dough bread loaf!!!!!! oh man, good stuff.

• 12 BandB // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:20 PM

But we are in the know Jib.
    We KNOW it’s a self-serving disgrace.

• 13 expatmag // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:24 PM

The FF is basically a load of nonsense anyway and is about as much use as TUFFs knowledge of the inner workings of the Tibetan cobalt mining industry.

• 14 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:24 PM

Why was the decision taken not to commit? Why did the poor season affect the decision? Having previously announced that development would commence in May 2015 then I don’t see any reason to postpone. Surely this was a far more long term vision anyway, and should not be affected by short term thinking. Unless Ashley was planning on walking away had we gone down.

• 15 The overrated Frenchman // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:25 PM

Jib@9. Do you know something we don’t? Was the shambles of last season part of a cunning plan??

• 16 expatmag // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:33 PM

Lil

I would imagine it was shelved due to the potential substantial loss in future PL revenue which would have funded the works because the greedy git in charge isnt going to going to dip into his £4b fortune to improve the club.

• 17 Jib // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:34 PM

The overrated Frenchman
    If you read some of the folk on here you’d have to say they think any mistakes by the club are personally aimed at them.

• 18 Mister Tuff // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:40 PM

novo – – shame on you – you need to read all the blog pests posts to educate yourself about the club and wordly things in general.
    have conversations, exchange ideas- open your mind.
    Alright, alright I can’t write anymore of this rubbish – just tell him to PO.

KK thought they were trying to improve and go forward and chase top players -that is until he realised they were not telling the truth.
    Only time and positive actions will erase this era of deception by Tubbs.
    What an irritant.

• 19 Jib // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:41 PM

expatmag
    Hit the nail on the head as to motive.
    However for about 5 years the message has been that the club has to wipe it’s own nose nothing to do with Ashley being greedy.

• 20 davis_toons // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Ashley Out!…?

NO. He will need to help us to win something before leaving the club. You must have forgotten the interview he have done.

Remember now? The “winning something” that he mention….

• 21 optimistic prime // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:47 PM

The next 3 windows hmmmmm

Is that now jan summer or now summer summer?

I suppose a 3 year plan is a bit more ambitious than a 5yr plan.

• 22 davis_toons // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:50 PM

Another 3 and 5 year plan…for the club to be slightly successful?

..WOW..will that make another 8 years?

• 23 davis_toons // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:51 PM

Some fans might not live to see the club becoming successful.

• 24 Jail for Ashley // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:52 PM

Blackley,
    From a few previous, who was willing us to get Riverie and Obertron over the line ???

• 25 The overrated Frenchman // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:53 PM

Jib, I think as a supporter, you do take things “personally” in a sense. I know I feel affronted by what I perceive as the deceit (or at least) indifference of Ashley towards supporters.

• 26 Jib // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:54 PM

Expatmag
    You were right
    The Aussie batsmen are knocking us all over the shop

• 27 optimistic prime // Jul 9, 2015 at 2:56 PM

The training facilities stopped due to the finances, what a crock of shit!

What’s the £38m in the bank for and the £18m in the club for. Not to mention the money they received this year.

More like it was shelved as it was unecassary for the championship.

• 28 optimistic prime // Jul 9, 2015 at 3:03 PM

The only thing it has to do with finance is the fat prick doesn’t want to spend a penny, observe the recent windows.

• 29 King Colback // Jul 9, 2015 at 3:07 PM

We are 7/2 to sign Matt Phillips

I’d sign him much better on the wing than what we have, still need to see if we can get Wijnaldum and Mitrovic over the line like….

• 30 optimistic prime // Jul 9, 2015 at 3:12 PM

How long do people think it takes to ensure equipment materials and the workforce are in place to start such a project? How long to have specialised equipment made available?

5mins?

If there was any intention for the training ground to be done the contracts would have been signed months before May.

Didn’t the board have faith in carver?

When did it become apparent to the board there was a chance we’d go down?

Ashley the pied piper is leading a few fans on a merry dance still, give your head a shake.

• 31 Jib // Jul 9, 2015 at 3:14 PM

King Colback
    You can run but you cannot hide
    They will just shut you down again

• 32 Bri // Jul 9, 2015 at 3:16 PM

Gotta bad feeling we will be relegation candidates next season because we won’t/can’t sign any player of note.
    A couple of second rate players brought in would have me fuming.

• 33 Jail for Ashley // Jul 9, 2015 at 3:18 PM

I’ve just finished a book about year zero in Cambodia by Francois Ponchaud. Angkar is the regimes faceless power who the peasants must obey, a bit like ‘The Club’ and ‘The Board’.

• 34 Novocastrian66 // Jul 9, 2015 at 3:19 PM

Jib: Fans forum meeting minutes mean absolutely nothing. It is a record of cheap talk and not evidence of action. It’s easy to talk about what one wants to do. The hard thing is executing the plans, which NUFC’s administrators seem to be incapable of doing.
    I do not see any area where the club is moving forward and improving. I do not pretend to be informed of the inner workings of the club,however I know progress when I see it and I’m not seeing any. If you’re more informed than me please feel free to educate me. I’m willing to learn.
    I don’t believe I’m being rude about the club’s administrators and I’m not frustrated because I’m not in the know. I’m frustrated because there isn’t any progress being made at any level in the club.

• 35 Jail for Ashley // Jul 9, 2015 at 3:21 PM

Is this FF an actual meeting or do they just answer questions that they feel like and then publish, who answers from ‘The Board’ or ‘The Club’

• 36 Tsunki // Jul 9, 2015 at 3:30 PM

The ‘stunning’ will only commenced when the first JCB rolls onto the land. The real reason it’s all been delayed is that John ‘no Job Too Small’ Carver the man who put the Heat’n into Central Heating ha ha was no longer available to put the underfloor heating in and do the dry lining. Tenders are going out right now, or in other words, Charnleys secretary is thumbing through a 2007 Thomson Local for someone to replace him.

” ..and Mr Charnley wants to know if you can also plumb one of those American fridge Freezers in and also have you ever managed a Premiership football club?”

• 37 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 9, 2015 at 3:34 PM

Mclastarting to sound like pardew. “we are looking at the next 3 windows”.

Meaning we’ll probably sign 1 or 2 players this window.

• 38 Tsunki // Jul 9, 2015 at 3:36 PM

So, Fans Forum. Smoke and mirrors, Sleight of hand, or mild filibustering? Ed can we have a vote? 🙂

• 39 Ibizatoon // Jul 9, 2015 at 3:37 PM

Hi all,

Been a busy couple of days in Ibiza…summer is starting to take it’s toll. It’s only early July….uh oh.

Just had a quick read through of the minutes, these, like all of the previous meets, just seems a total waste of time.

The whole thing could just be done via email, monthly newsletter, etc.

Maybe I missed it, but was anything asked about why the urgent meeting prior to the final game of the season didn’t get set and therefore go ahead?

Would it have been met with the same “Let’s just look forward” answer?

When the club wont communicate PROPERLY and address issues than fans genuinely have, how can they expect things to improve?

• 40 Tsunki // Jul 9, 2015 at 3:38 PM

Ilovetoon to be fair he was actually talking about work on the new Training Complex. They’ve got some windows off ebay nice and cheap, there’s a guy in Benwell selling three and I think they’re off out this afternoon on the company scooter to have a look at them.

• 41 Tsunki // Jul 9, 2015 at 3:43 PM

Ibiza, looking back means reflection, poring over past mistakes, and possibly apologising, coupled with assurances that things are in place to stop certain unfortunate occurrences repeating.

So, there’ll be no looking back. Just looking forward. Ideally straight forward looking right through us.

• 42 Belfast // Jul 9, 2015 at 3:52 PM

McClaren came across well, but other than that the whole thing is pointless. A talking shop in a climate where very few people believe a word that comes out of your mouth.

Waste of time!

• 43 Ibizatoon // Jul 9, 2015 at 3:55 PM

Tsunki…It’s no secret I’m a little cynical of the club these days (I wonder why…). However, surely with comments like this from Steve the club are actively SAYING that things are changing and things are being done to assure we don’t find ourselves in a similar situation again?

“The key thing was Mike Ashley’s interview before the West Ham fixture. What he said must have given everyone at the club an enormous lift. Certainly I said that for whichever head coach came into the club, what a fantastic situation. That’s what I’ve sensed going around and meeting people.”

With that in mind, why not just face up to what went down before? Would that not really sign that things could be changing, rather than just cheap talk, which we’ve had plenty of before only to see nothing change?

All stinks of small empty gestures, hoping it’s enough to get people excited. It does suprise me how well it works….8 years on.

• 44 Ibizatoon // Jul 9, 2015 at 3:57 PM

Belfast…Didn’t Pardew come of well in the beginning?

I’m really keen to not get on the guys back before we’ve seen what he can do. He does seem to be walking a similar path to Pardew with regards to talking up the plans and calling for patience.

• 45 Belfast // Jul 9, 2015 at 3:58 PM

Is King Colback Toon from Leeds then ?

• 46 lochinvar // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:00 PM

Why Benton anyway ?
    Surely the obvious solution is to to do a deal with the University for Kingston Park and effectively swap giving them access to Benton which is “in town” and much easier for colleges, schools and visitor teams to use.
    At Kingston Park join up with some of the Falcons facilities and create the Sporting Club complex that was mooted some years ago.
    And Kingston Park is closer to Darras Hall so more environmentally friendly as many players won’t have to drive their gas guzzling cars so far to get to work ( if thats what you can call training ).
    Does Ashley not have any vision ?
    Silly me, of course not.

• 47 Blackley and Brownlie // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:03 PM

Jail
    There are always plenty of fans who delight in signings, including little known players from abroad with sexy foreign names, who might be the next big thing and answer to our prayers. They trust in Carr and urge we get them over the line. It’s not long before the dream is gone and reality strikes. Then it’s demand for the next signing and the next and so on …

• 48 Tsunki // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:03 PM

I know sometimes I can appear to be a little bit cynical ( no, no, it’s true I really can…) but the whole attitude of the club is a bit like a timeshare con. Promises of a great future if only you’ll invest a small sum in a season ticket, you’ll get to see some wonderful football and LOOK! Here’s an architects drawing of a nice new shiny building! it’s where the players of the FUTURE will be created! You want that, don’t you?

Prices start at only £550.00

• 49 Mister Tuff // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:06 PM

I see Spurs are revealing plans of their new 61,000 capacity stadium. They are apparently also doing a deal with the NFL for American Football – 10 year deal. The pitch is also supposed to be retractable.
    Now that is what I call progress.

Compare with our lot – when matters that would interest the supporters are treat like state secrets – and tey’ll do anything nor to tell.
    They talk about a positive image being projected by using their preferred media partners.
    In real;ity their policy has the totally reverse effect and they cannot see that -looks to me that the “them and us” attitude still exists with their bunker mentallity.

• 50 optimistic prime // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:06 PM

Ibiza

Mclaren is new so I’ll give him time to come to his senses before I start calling him another patsy.

They’ve offered him assurances I assume, the talk of ambition is just that, talk. They need to show the effort and try to achieve said ambition or it’s just more waffle from the pr machine.

Ashley can talk a long walk off a short pier for me, hopefully he’d land on his head.

He can’t leave quick enough for me, even if he spent £200m.

Ashley get the fcuk out, and take that hamster looking clown with you.

• 51 Belfast // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:06 PM

McClaren seems to know what he’s talking about football/coaching wise. Seems to have clear vision of how he wants the team to play and stuff.

Pardew was just blagging and going with the flow most of the time in my opinion.

Maybe McClaren is just a better bullshitter than Pardew. 🙂

• 52 lochinvar // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:11 PM

danger is called : SSDD

Same Sh!t Different day

• 53 Ibizatoon // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:14 PM

Tuff…This new and improved approach to fans does seem to be more about THE FANS who are willing to jump in without question. The rest of you are of little importance.

Tsunki…Ha, you’re not far off it there. “Now’s your chance, don’t miss out”

OP…I have no doubt he’s had assurances. Much like Pardew, Carver…wait, I’m going off track again.

Belfast…Perhaps. Football style really has slipped down the list for me. I suppose for many it will make things easier to deal with though.

• 54 King Colback // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:17 PM

Belfast in answer to your question, no I’m not anyone else, as I said the other day I’m new to the blog, I was born and bred in Newcastle but have lived in Blackpool for the last 15 years.

Having read the FF minutes, aside from SM’s positive talk I cannot gain any other positives it just seems like complete rubbish

• 55 lochinvar // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:19 PM

Sevilla have signed Steven Nzonzi from Stoke City for a fee of £7m.
    Doubt he was on our radar but seem to recall a few people thought he might be of interest……

• 56 Belfast // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:23 PM

Sorry I thought Jib was suggesting you where Toon From Leeds King Colback.

And yes apart from McClaren It’s a lot of shite.

• 57 Tsunki // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:24 PM

I see the Talk Shop that they built years back is still in good condition and flogging copious amounts of it’s standard merchandise.

• 58 terencelim // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:26 PM

So it looks like SM is the new puppet of Ashley.

• 59 firebug666 // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:31 PM

Newcastle United head coach Steve McClaren had told BBC Newcastle that the club are close to making their first signings of the summer transfer window.

The former Nottingham Forest and Derby County manager has also stated that he has identified a number of players he wants to bring in before the start of the 2015-16 campaign.

#nufc head coach Steve McClaren says the club is close on getting 1 or 2 players but again says they need patience to get the right ones.

— BBC Newcastle (@bbcnewcastle) July 9, 2015
    #nufc head coach Steve McClaren says they have identified around 4 or 5 players they would like to get.

— BBC Newcastle (@bbcnewcastle) July 9, 2015
    Frustrations

Newcastle have yet to make a single signing this summer, and it is understandable why the fans are getting frustrated.

The Magpies narrowly avoided relegation from the Premier League last season, and they need to recruit good players this summer.

SEE ALSO: Former Newcastle midfielder sceptical of move for international player

Although negotiations over transfers take time, pre-season training has started and preparations for the 2015-16 campaign are in full swing.

It is high time that Newcastle bring in the players that McClaren is interested in so that they can settle in quickly at the club and get ready for next season.

• 60 SuperShearer // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:31 PM

All gone very quite on the transfer front. Knowing this regime that is either a VERY good thing or excuses are about to abound about that mythical line.

• 61 davetoon // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:36 PM

“Judge me by my signings” Joseph Patrick Kinnear

• 62 Jib // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:36 PM

Lochinvar
    Apart from getting the name wrong (it’s Bullocksteads sports complex ) that is a brilliant idea. You should suggest it to NUFC, big Mike might reward you !

• 63 Tsunki // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:46 PM

I promise I promise we will definitely definitely get some players in if not tomorrow then the day after. All you have to do of course is pay us a deposit of say £550 then you will get a share in attending all these great matches so you can watch these great players which we are definitely getting tomorrow if not the day after. Promise.

• 64 King Colback // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:47 PM

Belfast not to worry, I’ve been following this blog a while now and it does seem Jib is the blog moron.

I like all fans have had many ups and downs with our club over the decades but it does seem that we are hitting so many lows over the last few years. It is about time that we hit some highs. We need the owner to put his money where his mouth is and get some quality players in such as Wijnaldum. Stop dilly dallying!

• 65 firebug666 // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:50 PM

Newcastle United admit plan to ‘control’ manager Steve McClaren with media
    It is understood this arrangement will continue when the club finally manage to make any of the new signings that are desperately needed this summer

By Luke Edwards 4:31PM BST 09 Jul 2015

It a good read, he tells it like it is.

• 66 Noel Worst // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:52 PM

People see what they want to. When I hear McClaren speak of 3 windows, I think that’s a fairly sensible duration for a manager to come in and by the end of those windows have his own squad. Nothing more to it than that.

• 67 firebug666 // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:55 PM

Noel Worst

Or he could be saying if I don’t get the players I want in the next three windows you can shove the extra five year contract up your @rse.

• 68 Jib // Jul 9, 2015 at 5:02 PM

King Colback // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:17 PM

King Colback // Jul 9, 2015 at 4:47 PM

Who is the moron ?

• 69 King Colback // Jul 9, 2015 at 5:04 PM

Jib or should I say Mr Pick faults I meant I’m a new poster.

• 70 optimistic prime // Jul 9, 2015 at 5:05 PM

As I said earlier, what’s classed as 3 windows?

Summer jan summer
    Or
    Summer summer summer?

Basically put will the changes McLarens talking about be 12months from now or 24months from now.

Another vague answer from the club.

• 71 Jib // Jul 9, 2015 at 5:14 PM

King Colback
    Of course you are

(fighting to keep a straight face —————————————————————————————– nope it’s no good )

Ha ha ha

• 72 BandB // Jul 9, 2015 at 5:14 PM

Tsunki@48

It’s the same mindset and message that hung a photo of a bright shiny new car over the workers’ entrance at Shirebrook.
    “Work hard and you too could have this.”
    Can’t recall the make.
    It might have been a savings scheme Volkwagen from the 30’s…..”work hard, save hard, and we’ll spend the cash on World War Two.”

• 73 Noel Worst // Jul 9, 2015 at 5:16 PM

One thing I already prefer about McClaren in the way he speaks about football, he is clearly somebody that can see the bigger picture, unlike Alan ‘Moneyball’ Pardew, the idiot that in trying to reinvent his faltering career, took to studying US sports and their statistical analysis approach, which is a considerable aspect of modern footy but he took way too far and made it of such importance in his team selections and gameplans that it was to the detriment of the team, not being able to see the wood for the trees. So open minded his brain fell out.

• 74 BandB // Jul 9, 2015 at 5:16 PM

I see Famishius Famishius just sped by on a pair of roller skates with a jet back strapped to his back.

• 75 Jib // Jul 9, 2015 at 5:24 PM

Anderlecht online are calling the Mitrovic saga a soap opera .They are not wrong.
    Is he in Rome or Tyneside ?
    According to them he was at Tegelen at Anderlecht’s training ground.

• 76 King Colback // Jul 9, 2015 at 5:29 PM

Jib despite your glib attempt at humour and evidently trying to implicate that I’m not new to posting (which I am) is infact a tell tale to your character especially coming from the man who from what I have read holds more accounts than Barclays bank.

This so called statement that Steve McClaren is nearing 1 or 2 signings came from the BBC but will that be true considering the beeb is not a media partner?

• 77 Tsunki // Jul 9, 2015 at 5:30 PM

Ha ha BandB I wonder if that bomb remote control big red button is working? Give it a couple more jabs Jeff E…. oh wait what’s that rolling back down the hill towards you? 😀

Jeff are you still struggling with the concept of “long time reader, first time poster” ? Are you also struggling with the concept of what that makes you?

• 78 Jib // Jul 9, 2015 at 5:31 PM

BandB
    Actually
    Famishius vulgaris ingeniusi

And you are
    Parus Major

• 79 BandB // Jul 9, 2015 at 5:33 PM

Oh Tsunki…i was saving that one for later, man…….
    They used lots of different ones, including Famishius Famishius.

• 80 Tsunki // Jul 9, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Heads up Jeff – canyon approaching…

• 81 Tsunki // Jul 9, 2015 at 5:35 PM

Sorry.

• 82 overtheline // Jul 9, 2015 at 5:37 PM

Jeff

Are you still at it as the blog’s worst ‘ad hominem’ attack dog ?

New poster or new name and you’re at them within minutes of them appearing.

You made some post or other the other day – apologies but I tend to skip your input – about being top dog. What is it with you aggressive types ?
    What is wrong with live and let live and express differences in opinion without resorting to persoanl attacks ? I know its a stressful time waiting for Penfold to do his job, but there’s not much other posters can do about it either and nobody’s playinf the ITK this window

Just because you hold different views to mine doens’t make you a total d**k heid. Aren’t we all supposed to support the Toon ?

Peace brothers (and BandB) 😀

• 83 Mister Tuff // Jul 9, 2015 at 5:38 PM

King Colback – welcome to the blog.
    You have clearly identified the blog pest/knacker/bore/wum/ abuser when he’s sozzed.
    An excellent start to your blogging if I may say so.

• 84 King Colback // Jul 9, 2015 at 5:41 PM

Thankyou Mister Tuff and thank you to everyone. Many apologies if I ruffled any feathers, it just annoyed me that Jib was all over me like a dog on heat.

• 85 lochinvar // Jul 9, 2015 at 7:05 PM

Jib@62
    Do I really want to know what sort of Rewards Big Mike offers ?
    A transfer to Palace ?
    A zero hours contract ?
    Tea with Charnley ?

Think the players can stay at Benton !

previous post: Steve McClaren On Injuries, Style Of Play And Transfer Status