Mitrovic – All The Facts – Plus Last Seasons Goals Video

aleksandar mitrovic in pink

Aleksandar Mitrovic – 20 year-old Anderlecht striker

Here are some facts about a young striker who could become a Newcastle player as early as today, if all goes well with his imminent transfer from Anderlecht.

We also have a video showing his goals from last season.

Here are some facts about the 20 year-old:

• Born in Smederevo, Yugoslavia 16th September, 1994
  • 6ft 2.5ins tall
  • Joined Partizan when very young and came through their Youth System
  • Played senior football for affiliated side Teleoptik in 2011–2112 season, scored 7 goals in 25 appearances
  • Signed first deal for Partizan in June, 2012 – a four year deal when he was just 17
  • At 18, Mitrovic was named one of the top 10 talents under age 19 in Europe by UEFA reporters
  • Made Partizan debut in Champions League qualifier in July 2012 against Valletta, scored 9 minutes after coming on as sub
  • Played 42 times with 18 goals and 5 assists for Partizan
  • Signed for Anderlecht in September 2013 for £3.5M – an Anderlecht record signing
  • Made debut early September 2103 against Zulte Waregem in second half – created two assists
  • Has played for the Serbian U19 and U21 – 18 times in total with 9 goals
  • Named Golden Player (best player) in 2013 Euro U19 Championship which Serbia won for the first time – beating France 1-0 in final
  • No – he didn’t score in the final – it was Lukovic after 57 minutes
  • Made International debut against Belgium in June 2013 World Cup qualifier – when he was 18
  • Played 89 times for Anderlecht with 43 goals and 11 assists
  • Has 13 full caps for Serbia

Update -The Chronicle is reporting that Mitrovic’ agent Pini Zahavi has arrived in Newcastle this afternoon to to conclude the deal – and it looks like Aleksandar will take his medical tomorrow but still be in time to be on the plane for the US trip on Sunday.

• BandB

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:00 PM

Wijnaldum looks a natural athlete and very willing to bust a gut to keep up with play.
    Also appears to know how to make space for himself, spot a run, and hold his run.
    Nor have I seem him attempting a wild slog from 30 yards.
    If we can break forward with three like him we will be much more potent.
    You can’t really crab this signing.
    An Ashley record signing. Probably on a good wage.
    Keep them coming.

• Shadow_Shearer

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:01 PM

Why show a video on this guy. Let’s not get to excited. He hasn’t signed anything yet

• Rotonda heights

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:02 PM

Partizan

where are you?

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:02 PM

Not sure how McLaren will have us lined up as Wijnaldum, Cabella & De Jong are all number 10’s although Remy can play out wide .

Maybe :

——–Sissoko———-Colback———-Cabella——–

—————Wijnaldum———-De Jong—————-

—————————-Mitrovic————————–

Either way we have a lot of squad depth provided no-one leaves .

• Graeme

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:04 PM

No doubt about it, this kid knows where the back of the net is. With the additional creativity added to the squad he and Cisse should have many more chances created for them.

Please can we now have a dominant CB to strengthen the back four and, if the Illustrious Owner is still in a generous mood, maybe a proper LB as well?? Thank you.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:05 PM

@ Rotunda

I would still like us to keep Sissoko, as he IMO is in the top 5 pure athletes in the PL and that is what this league is about the majority of the time .

His pace and power can be valuable on occasions, however he needs to perform more consistently .

• jazzyp

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:06 PM

BandB // Jul 10, 2015 at 3:15 PM

jazzyp

Today is one of those days when something appears to be going right. As you know, they have been rare.
    I’d enjoy the moment if I was you and not let anything rain on your parade. It’s not a day killer if Mitrovic isn’t on the next plane.
    It is a big bonus if he is. That’s how I think of it.
    BandB

I would hope as a fan that your good self would be enjoying this moment as well. It makes a refreshing change when days like this come around…Finally a break through from the monotone drab we are fed day in day out.
    Hope rather than despair, Quality players finally being signed rather than players to just keep the club afloat.
    Yes you are right days like this are to be cherished and I will gladly lap it up as much as I can

• richyg01

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:06 PM

His AGENT is on Tyneside.

He is NOT.

Earliest he could be here would be tomorrow.

He is still in training:

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:06 PM

BPC that is the same formation I had in mind. With those players that’s scary to any opposition lol

• croftus5678

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:06 PM

mitrovic is was training with his team this morn so he isnt in newcastle !

his agent has just arrived by the sounds of it but no mitrovic.

• nut meg

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:07 PM

If we get both players to sign it’ll be a novelty to have tall players in the box for corners & set pieces who can actually head a ball!

• Reyantoon

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Btw,this Pini Zahavi guy,mitrovic’s agent,is the most respected broker in player transfer history, that always get things done.And he is in Newcastle,that makes me more positive.I can’t believe if we complete this two player signings!!!

• jazzyp

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:10 PM

Mitrovic’s agent has just arrived to hopefully conclude proceeding’s in time for the Us tour.
    hopefully we can look at shoring up the defence now as this is a sure fire position we must sort out if our last 2 seasons is anything to go by

• BandB

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:12 PM

jazzyp

Of course I am loving it.

Do you think I stood against the wishful thinking, the fawning, the half-truths, the manipulation, the contradictions, the lies, the promises reneged on, the projects going no-where, for the good of my health?

Today is a result for me.

One day, when the club is properly run, I hope to return to my seat. Then I will quit the blog and talk to my friends about football as I did before I was made an exile.

• lochinvar

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:14 PM

Who do we get as CB now ?
    Or do we buy two CB’ s and let Collo retire gracefully back home ?

And Captain – De Jong makes sense

• jazzyp

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:16 PM

BandB

May I ask where you use to sit.. ??
    Exile by choice or force ??

• mickalfas

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:16 PM

What a day if both sign !!
    The potential of this lad, wow, keep Cisse as well
    Can’t imagine the noise in St James’s next season
    Get them CB’s in !
    Think I’m in a state of shock ,is this nufcblog?

• King Colback

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:17 PM

Sky have just said Newcastle are in advanced talks with Mitovic’s representatives and expect the deal to be done soon.

Van Ginkel has signed on loan at stoke!

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:18 PM

@ lochinvar

If I were manager I would rip the armband clean off Collo’s arm as he has proved that he doesn’t really want to be here, and on numerous occasions we got spanked under Pardew he would just hang his head after every goal we conceded .

Wijnaldum captained PSV to the title last year and De Jong would be a good option as well .

• BandB

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:18 PM

jazzyp

I was offering you encouragement before, as a fellow fan, not a fight.

• ilovetoon8788

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:22 PM

Great new for our attacking line ups. Provided no one leaves. If we sell than its like taking aa step back again. We need good strong depth. Sdj Will be injured half the time.

Now we need 2 quality centre backs. A real rock. Matip or someone similar

• Rotonda heights

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:22 PM

BPC

Have to admit in that formation sissoko could work. Just have to hope his mind is focused on being here.

Would like to see anita in there as well as I think he could look twice the player under a ” footballing” manager.

• Jib

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:23 PM

If Pinhas Zahavi is handling the Mitrovic deal perhaps we are in for Andre Pinto the giant centre half for Braga , Portugal , Zahavi reps him.
    He also reps Mascherano hahaha

• ilovetoon8788

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:24 PM

No use having a strong attack but we like of Williamson at the back. It destroys any potential of attacking play as we will be defending 3/4 of the game.

• Rotonda heights

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:24 PM

nutmeg

wiji is only 5 ft, 9 ”

• ilovetoon8788

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:25 PM

@rotanda

Yes I’ve a feeling Anita will play a major role under stevey . He’s a cracking intelligent player who is extremely underrated by most.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:28 PM

Could be a good day Cavendish wins the latest stage of Le Tour de France and Wijnaldum signs.

• Douglas

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:28 PM

If I was manager I’d rip Collos arm off. One to get rid of.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:28 PM

It might be a good time to remind everyone of all the facts and video – of Vernon Anita and Remy Cabella. Plus all the gushing blog posts when we were about to sign them. Just saying, some of us are not getting carried away. Besides, we still need a good few top signings. Charnley shouldn’t think he’s deserved a brew just yet.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:30 PM

JazzyP
    Where’s L2E?

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:31 PM

So. Not to get too ahead of myself, but i suppose i will have to give credit to Mash. He has actually followed through with one thing (horse bolted to cart) and it looks like he has loosed the old purse strings a little.

BandB

Think you are probably right, too…. this apparent change must have a lot to do with fans standing up for themselves. Fair play to yourself and others who have done likewise.

• JamesToon

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:33 PM

BREAKING: WIJNALDUM COMPLETES MEDICAL!!!

• jazzyp

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:35 PM

Blackley

Platinum

• Blackley and Brownlie

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:38 PM

JazzyP
    The Platinum is close to my left. Whereabouts are you in there?

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:39 PM

I wouldn’t compare the signings of Anita and Cabella to these two (potential signings). Imo, they are not the same level. Anita came here as a utility player,and Cabella (who may still impress this season) was signed for his potential. Windu is established as a good player in the opinion of many,and Mitrovic clearly knows where the goal is.

• BandB

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:41 PM

Let’s remember the door swings both ways.

If Krul, Tiote, Cisse or Sissoko leave, they need to be replaced. We’d get our money back on that little lot (£6m, £6m, £6m, and £12m) and make a net wage saving too.

• nut meg

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Retonda
    I was referring to Mitrovic & De Jong.

• jazzyp

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Blackley

Row ll right above an entrance tunnel in to the seating area

• magscar

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:43 PM

So we finally get a couple of supposed class signings( supposed only in the sense I don’t profess to know enough about them to pronounce them as the real deal not ever having been on FIFA or watched wall to wall football) just about over the line. And surely there has to be more to follow in at least a PL standard CB and possibly a centre midfielder who is more than a destroyer (or one coached from in house ?) a la BandB’s good call earlier. Personally I believe there will be at least a CB. We are at last moving and in a positive direction yet with a long way to go.

So will the Blog return to a place where NUFC fans of ALL persuasions find their haven of everything NUFC in which to wallow and fill the long gaps between matches? My view is a guarded …… only if the Ashley out fanatics can temper their deep hatred of his regime. That is not to challenge their view but to give recognition as to how deeply he has scarred them. I fear some are publicly so far against Ashley that no matter who we sign, where we finish etc it will not be enough as long as he remains here. It is a pity but given the last 8 years and several false dawns who can blame those of a certain make up for being as they are.

Equally those who have suffered as well but tried to glean any little bit of positivity from a regime that has polarised a fan base like no other club are also only displaying what is simply their make up.

Trolls apart have the true fans possibly reached a crossroads at which we all can agree, at least on which path is the one to take, even if the pace we go at is not to everyone’s liking.

Mclaren was not my choice and I have misgivings but I do see genuine shoots of recovery, a Phoenix-like Magpie beginning to unfold it’s wings and I as an eternal optimist am willing to give guarded applause to help fill it’s wings.

I won’t be buying a season ticket but that was never a possibility for me now and for those who hadn’t by the extended deadlines but would have longed to, I am sure that until the line that you personally drew in the sand has been crossed then you “won’t get fooled again”. That is your right and not to be sneered at. Never believed that any amount of decried PR would have been sufficient to sway those who had already made a difficult personal decision to then be so easily seduced by empty rhetoric.

Everyone has their own line and those whose is less defined than others are no more to blame for last season (and before) than those who haven’t yet renewed are to be congratulated as sole game changers.

Yes it has had impact ( any business putting on a show without having full houses will seek to maximise business) but is not the overriding factor.

I haven’t posted for several months nor even read the Blog from Easter until season end ( a first for me!) as it was an absolutely pointless and dispiriting exercise. Recently has been equally as hard but I have been absolutely desperate for any transfer/coaching staff nugget. I remain as ever an NUFC fan just not sure if I am an NUFC Blog fan still – time will tell. Problem remains that the alternative fan viewpoints of the Mag and The Chronicle forums are filled with even more unadulterated bile than from even the worst on here.

Back too trawling Newsnow etc for the slightest crumb of hope as is my wont.

• Toonfan8

Jul 10, 2015 at 4:44 PM

Wijnaldum is regular for Holland ,much better team than England … Mitrovic is 20 years old and is much more complete forward than Austin . Already international and lot of potential ..Stop moaning