The Newcastle United Blog

Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Mitrovic – All The Facts – Plus Last Seasons Goals Video

3:57 pm, Friday, July 10th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 147 Comments

aleksandar mitrovic in pink

Aleksandar Mitrovic – 20 year-old Anderlecht striker

Here are some facts about a young striker who could become a Newcastle player as early as today, if all goes well with his imminent transfer from Anderlecht.

We also have a video showing his goals from last season.

Here are some facts about the 20 year-old:

• Born in Smederevo, Yugoslavia 16th September, 1994
  • 6ft 2.5ins tall
  • Joined Partizan when very young and came through their Youth System
  • Played senior football for affiliated side Teleoptik in 2011–2112 season, scored 7 goals in 25 appearances
  • Signed first deal for Partizan in June, 2012 – a four year deal when he was just 17
  • At 18, Mitrovic was named one of the top 10 talents under age 19 in Europe by UEFA reporters
  • Made Partizan debut in Champions League qualifier in July 2012 against Valletta, scored 9 minutes after coming on as sub
  • Played 42 times with 18 goals and 5 assists for Partizan
  • Signed for Anderlecht in September 2013 for £3.5M – an Anderlecht record signing
  • Made debut early September 2103 against Zulte Waregem in second half – created two assists
  • Has played for the Serbian U19 and U21 – 18 times in total with 9 goals
  • Named Golden Player (best player) in 2013 Euro U19 Championship which Serbia won for the first time – beating France 1-0 in final
  • No – he didn’t score in the final – it was Lukovic after 57 minutes
  • Made International debut against Belgium in June 2013 World Cup qualifier – when he was 18
  • Played 89 times for Anderlecht with 43 goals and 11 assists
  • Has 13 full caps for Serbia

Update -The Chronicle is reporting that Mitrovic’ agent Pini Zahavi has arrived in Newcastle this afternoon to to conclude the deal – and it looks like Aleksandar will take his medical tomorrow but still be in time to be on the plane for the US trip on Sunday.

147 responses so far ↓

• 1 BandB // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:00 PM

Wijnaldum looks a natural athlete and very willing to bust a gut to keep up with play.
    Also appears to know how to make space for himself, spot a run, and hold his run.
    Nor have I seem him attempting a wild slog from 30 yards.
    If we can break forward with three like him we will be much more potent.
    You can’t really crab this signing.
    An Ashley record signing. Probably on a good wage.
    Keep them coming.

• 2 Shadow_Shearer // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:01 PM

Why show a video on this guy. Let’s not get to excited. He hasn’t signed anything yet

• 3 Rotonda heights // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:02 PM

Partizan

where are you?

• 4 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:02 PM

Not sure how McLaren will have us lined up as Wijnaldum, Cabella & De Jong are all number 10’s although Remy can play out wide .

Maybe :

——–Sissoko———-Colback———-Cabella——–

—————Wijnaldum———-De Jong—————-

—————————-Mitrovic————————–

Either way we have a lot of squad depth provided no-one leaves .

• 5 Graeme // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:04 PM

No doubt about it, this kid knows where the back of the net is. With the additional creativity added to the squad he and Cisse should have many more chances created for them.

Please can we now have a dominant CB to strengthen the back four and, if the Illustrious Owner is still in a generous mood, maybe a proper LB as well?? Thank you.

• 6 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:05 PM

@ Rotunda

I would still like us to keep Sissoko, as he IMO is in the top 5 pure athletes in the PL and that is what this league is about the majority of the time .

His pace and power can be valuable on occasions, however he needs to perform more consistently .

• 7 jazzyp // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:06 PM

BandB // Jul 10, 2015 at 3:15 PM

jazzyp

Today is one of those days when something appears to be going right. As you know, they have been rare.
    I’d enjoy the moment if I was you and not let anything rain on your parade. It’s not a day killer if Mitrovic isn’t on the next plane.
    It is a big bonus if he is. That’s how I think of it.
    BandB

I would hope as a fan that your good self would be enjoying this moment as well. It makes a refreshing change when days like this come around…Finally a break through from the monotone drab we are fed day in day out.
    Hope rather than despair, Quality players finally being signed rather than players to just keep the club afloat.
    Yes you are right days like this are to be cherished and I will gladly lap it up as much as I can

• 8 richyg01 // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:06 PM

His AGENT is on Tyneside.

He is NOT.

Earliest he could be here would be tomorrow.

He is still in training:

• 9 ShirebrookToon // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:06 PM

BPC that is the same formation I had in mind. With those players that’s scary to any opposition lol

• 10 croftus5678 // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:06 PM

mitrovic is was training with his team this morn so he isnt in newcastle !

his agent has just arrived by the sounds of it but no mitrovic.

• 11 nut meg // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:07 PM

If we get both players to sign it’ll be a novelty to have tall players in the box for corners & set pieces who can actually head a ball!

• 12 Reyantoon // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Btw,this Pini Zahavi guy,mitrovic’s agent,is the most respected broker in player transfer history, that always get things done.And he is in Newcastle,that makes me more positive.I can’t believe if we complete this two player signings!!!

• 13 jazzyp // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:10 PM

Mitrovic’s agent has just arrived to hopefully conclude proceeding’s in time for the Us tour.
    hopefully we can look at shoring up the defence now as this is a sure fire position we must sort out if our last 2 seasons is anything to go by

• 14 BandB // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:12 PM

jazzyp

Of course I am loving it.

Do you think I stood against the wishful thinking, the fawning, the half-truths, the manipulation, the contradictions, the lies, the promises reneged on, the projects going no-where, for the good of my health?

Today is a result for me.

One day, when the club is properly run, I hope to return to my seat. Then I will quit the blog and talk to my friends about football as I did before I was made an exile.

• 15 lochinvar // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:14 PM

Who do we get as CB now ?
    Or do we buy two CB’ s and let Collo retire gracefully back home ?

And Captain – De Jong makes sense

• 16 jazzyp // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:16 PM

BandB

May I ask where you use to sit.. ??
    Exile by choice or force ??

• 17 mickalfas // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:16 PM

What a day if both sign !!
    The potential of this lad, wow, keep Cisse as well
    Can’t imagine the noise in St James’s next season
    Get them CB’s in !
    Think I’m in a state of shock ,is this nufcblog?

• 18 King Colback // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:17 PM

Sky have just said Newcastle are in advanced talks with Mitovic’s representatives and expect the deal to be done soon.

Van Ginkel has signed on loan at stoke!

• 19 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:18 PM

@ lochinvar

If I were manager I would rip the armband clean off Collo’s arm as he has proved that he doesn’t really want to be here, and on numerous occasions we got spanked under Pardew he would just hang his head after every goal we conceded .

Wijnaldum captained PSV to the title last year and De Jong would be a good option as well .

• 20 BandB // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:18 PM

jazzyp

I was offering you encouragement before, as a fellow fan, not a fight.

• 21 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:22 PM

Great new for our attacking line ups. Provided no one leaves. If we sell than its like taking aa step back again. We need good strong depth. Sdj Will be injured half the time.

Now we need 2 quality centre backs. A real rock. Matip or someone similar

• 22 Rotonda heights // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:22 PM

BPC

Have to admit in that formation sissoko could work. Just have to hope his mind is focused on being here.

Would like to see anita in there as well as I think he could look twice the player under a ” footballing” manager.

• 23 Jib // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:23 PM

If Pinhas Zahavi is handling the Mitrovic deal perhaps we are in for Andre Pinto the giant centre half for Braga , Portugal , Zahavi reps him.
    He also reps Mascherano hahaha

• 24 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:24 PM

No use having a strong attack but we like of Williamson at the back. It destroys any potential of attacking play as we will be defending 3/4 of the game.

• 25 Rotonda heights // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:24 PM

nutmeg

wiji is only 5 ft, 9 ”

• 26 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:25 PM

@rotanda

Yes I’ve a feeling Anita will play a major role under stevey . He’s a cracking intelligent player who is extremely underrated by most.

• 27 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:28 PM

Could be a good day Cavendish wins the latest stage of Le Tour de France and Wijnaldum signs.

• 28 Douglas // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:28 PM

If I was manager I’d rip Collos arm off. One to get rid of.

• 29 Blackley and Brownlie // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:28 PM

It might be a good time to remind everyone of all the facts and video – of Vernon Anita and Remy Cabella. Plus all the gushing blog posts when we were about to sign them. Just saying, some of us are not getting carried away. Besides, we still need a good few top signings. Charnley shouldn’t think he’s deserved a brew just yet.

• 30 Blackley and Brownlie // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:30 PM

JazzyP
    Where’s L2E?

• 31 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:31 PM

So. Not to get too ahead of myself, but i suppose i will have to give credit to Mash. He has actually followed through with one thing (horse bolted to cart) and it looks like he has loosed the old purse strings a little.

BandB

Think you are probably right, too…. this apparent change must have a lot to do with fans standing up for themselves. Fair play to yourself and others who have done likewise.

• 32 JamesToon // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:33 PM

BREAKING: WIJNALDUM COMPLETES MEDICAL!!!

• 33 jazzyp // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:35 PM

Blackley

Platinum

• 34 Blackley and Brownlie // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:38 PM

JazzyP
    The Platinum is close to my left. Whereabouts are you in there?

• 35 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:39 PM

I wouldn’t compare the signings of Anita and Cabella to these two (potential signings). Imo, they are not the same level. Anita came here as a utility player,and Cabella (who may still impress this season) was signed for his potential. Windu is established as a good player in the opinion of many,and Mitrovic clearly knows where the goal is.

• 36 BandB // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:41 PM

Let’s remember the door swings both ways.

If Krul, Tiote, Cisse or Sissoko leave, they need to be replaced. We’d get our money back on that little lot (£6m, £6m, £6m, and £12m) and make a net wage saving too.

• 37 nut meg // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Retonda
    I was referring to Mitrovic & De Jong.

• 38 jazzyp // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Blackley

Row ll right above an entrance tunnel in to the seating area

• 39 magscar // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:43 PM

So we finally get a couple of supposed class signings( supposed only in the sense I don’t profess to know enough about them to pronounce them as the real deal not ever having been on FIFA or watched wall to wall football) just about over the line. And surely there has to be more to follow in at least a PL standard CB and possibly a centre midfielder who is more than a destroyer (or one coached from in house ?) a la BandB’s good call earlier. Personally I believe there will be at least a CB. We are at last moving and in a positive direction yet with a long way to go.

So will the Blog return to a place where NUFC fans of ALL persuasions find their haven of everything NUFC in which to wallow and fill the long gaps between matches? My view is a guarded …… only if the Ashley out fanatics can temper their deep hatred of his regime. That is not to challenge their view but to give recognition as to how deeply he has scarred them. I fear some are publicly so far against Ashley that no matter who we sign, where we finish etc it will not be enough as long as he remains here. It is a pity but given the last 8 years and several false dawns who can blame those of a certain make up for being as they are.

Equally those who have suffered as well but tried to glean any little bit of positivity from a regime that has polarised a fan base like no other club are also only displaying what is simply their make up.

Trolls apart have the true fans possibly reached a crossroads at which we all can agree, at least on which path is the one to take, even if the pace we go at is not to everyone’s liking.

Mclaren was not my choice and I have misgivings but I do see genuine shoots of recovery, a Phoenix-like Magpie beginning to unfold it’s wings and I as an eternal optimist am willing to give guarded applause to help fill it’s wings.

I won’t be buying a season ticket but that was never a possibility for me now and for those who hadn’t by the extended deadlines but would have longed to, I am sure that until the line that you personally drew in the sand has been crossed then you “won’t get fooled again”. That is your right and not to be sneered at. Never believed that any amount of decried PR would have been sufficient to sway those who had already made a difficult personal decision to then be so easily seduced by empty rhetoric.

Everyone has their own line and those whose is less defined than others are no more to blame for last season (and before) than those who haven’t yet renewed are to be congratulated as sole game changers.

Yes it has had impact ( any business putting on a show without having full houses will seek to maximise business) but is not the overriding factor.

I haven’t posted for several months nor even read the Blog from Easter until season end ( a first for me!) as it was an absolutely pointless and dispiriting exercise. Recently has been equally as hard but I have been absolutely desperate for any transfer/coaching staff nugget. I remain as ever an NUFC fan just not sure if I am an NUFC Blog fan still – time will tell. Problem remains that the alternative fan viewpoints of the Mag and The Chronicle forums are filled with even more unadulterated bile than from even the worst on here.

Back too trawling Newsnow etc for the slightest crumb of hope as is my wont.

• 40 Toonfan8 // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:44 PM

Wijnaldum is regular for Holland ,much better team than England … Mitrovic is 20 years old and is much more complete forward than Austin . Already international and lot of potential ..Stop moaning

• 41 Moonraker15 // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:45 PM

The horse is fed,watered and bolted onto the cart!

We are going places at last!

Thank god and thank you Pardew! for leaving !

• 42 JamesToon // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:47 PM

Krul,
    Janmaat, Matíp, Coloccini, Haïdara,
    Sissoko, Colback, Wijnaldum
    Cabella, Mitrovic, Pérez

• 43 BandB // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:48 PM

ToonFan8

I won’t point out the obvious and factual potential for narrowing the net spend through outgoings if you don’t insist we spent £60m at the end of the window.

• 44 JamesToon // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:50 PM

Just by getting in those three signings: Matíp, Wijnaldum and Mitrovic, I think they drastically improve the squad and add so much more competition, I think Sissoko will hopefully perform so much better now that he knows the likes of Tiote, Anita, Colback, Wijnaldum, de Jong are all pushing for places in a midfield 3.

• 45 Rotonda heights // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:51 PM

nutmeg

sorry, mis-read the context

• 46 Thump // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:53 PM

@JamesToon: That looks canny, like. Remove Colo for Nkoulou and you have the seeds of a fantastic team.

• 47 davis_toons // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:54 PM

Yohan is BACK!

• 48 davis_toons // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:58 PM

The policy is to add three or four first-team players in this window, figures who will immediately command places in the lineup. – C.P

• 49 Toonfan8 // Jul 10, 2015 at 4:59 PM

It is obvious that we are going to spend… These two and cb next… But of course somebody like English players more and would like to see Carroll, Nolan, Barton, Simpson and others proven players.. But me not. Of course some may be flops, but hey aren’t English players flop in world Cup? Etc.

• 50 LewSpi v2.0 // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:00 PM

BPC

Most balanaced ideal fomation I have seen however I tend to agree with others that Anita will be in there somewhere, perhaps for Colback?

Makes it unbalanced if it’s for Cabella or Sissoko

• 51 Thrasher // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:00 PM

@ ilovetoon8788

Im hoping SM shows Anita the video of the west ham game & says there.. thats what i want! He was a beast closing down in that game. That would put Colback on the bench but meh… give em 45 mins each to run their guts out closing down?!?!?!?

• 52 davis_toons // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:01 PM

“thank you Pardew! for leaving !”
    ….ohh..yes.. you’re right.. thanks a lot.

• 53 will die for the toon army // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:05 PM

This is e best day of my life. Alot has happened today on a good front.

• 54 Partizan // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:05 PM

Yes Rotonda i hear you,today is the best day of my life if Mitrovic signs 🙂

• 55 LewSpi v2.0 // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:05 PM

Using BPC’s attack (with Anita added) it’s clear to see where the weaknesses lie, smack bang in the centre.

——-——-——-——-Krul——-——-——-——-

Janmaat——-Colocinni——-Dummett——-Haidara

——–Sissoko————-Anita———-Cabella——–

—————Wijnaldum———-De Jong—————-

—————————-Mitrovic————————–

• 56 King Colback // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:08 PM

Newcastle near mitrovic signing according to Sky

this could be a very good day

• 57 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:09 PM

Thrasher

Yes. I think Anita will stay and play a big part in our midfield. He will flourish with better players around him.

Tiote and Anita could be an excellent pair in the heart of !midfield

• 58 magpiesi // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:09 PM

To play 5 in midfield we still need a left sided wide/lm player,we have Arrons but smc will only give him bit parts. He’s all ready sent Sammy out on loan so that’s another major area along with cb and st that needs filled

Would be happy with these to follow wijnaldum

N’koulou*
    Matip *
    Mitrovic
    And a wide left player like alessandrini of marseille as thauvin plays on the right.

* we would lose them to African cup in January along with cisse and tiote.

• 59 will die for the toon army // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:11 PM

………….Anita…………Colback
    Sisoko………….de Jong………….Wijnaldum
    …………………..Mitrovic

Anita of Westham game. Colback and Anita battle it out in the midfield. No way thru.

• 60 magpiesi // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:18 PM

I also think janmaat will be captain next season

• 61 jazzyp // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:18 PM

Everyone putting team formation’s for next season up, And yet all different .
    makes a cracking change to have a choice rather than the same old same old we have to put out every game because of the lack of depth

• 62 Bornandraised // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:22 PM

If 3 others come in (a big if), for squad depth, I think the 3 that come in will be a Central Defender (duh), a Fullback, and an Attacking Midfielder/Striker. Obviously calling a player a Striker or an Attacking Midfielder is fluid depending on the system played on any given day. I’m optimistic on a quality fullback coming in for a reasonable price, Carr has always seemed to find good value at that position. I wouldn’t be surprised if one that come in is a home grown player, if not, we will have zero future flexibility. Take a look.

Starters:
    22. AM4 – Y. Goufran
    23. ST2 – R. Cabella
    24. CF2 – P. Cisse
    25. CF3 – E. Riviere
    Loan/Sell:
    1. S. Ameobi*
    2. S. Ferguson* (assuming)
    3. J. Alnwick* (assuming)
    4. M. Williamson* (assuming)
    5. G. Obertan (assuming)
    6. H. Vuckic*(assuming)
    7. S. Marveux (assuming)
    Other notable ’93 graduates that need to move:
    1. C. Good*
    2. G. Bigirimana*
    Notable Under-21s:
    1. AM – R. Aarons
    2. ST – A. Armstrong
    3. CM – O. Kemen

• 63 jazzyp // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:23 PM

#NUFC lead the race to land Nicolas N’Koulou from Marseille, reports The Express. http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football

• 64 Jail for Ashley // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:24 PM

Wdfta,
    How old are you ?

• 65 Blackley and Brownlie // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:27 PM

Davis_Toons
    The King has no doubt paid a substantial ransom to be reunited with his little Dauphin.

• 66 Moonraker15 // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:28 PM

For me the best moment of today so far, was the statement re Mitotic where they said he was going to Newcastle the former club of Phillips Albert!

That brought a lump to my throat as I immediately thought of his goal against Man U (our fifth) twenty years ago! I don’t think I’ve ever been that happy at a football match!

Good times are returning, I can feel it !

• 67 davis_toons // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:31 PM

@55..the weakness can be at the left with Haidara and Cabella. And De Jong wont be tracking back as fast.

And Dummett will be out of place. Luckily you have got Anita who would track back sitting right there.

• 68 Bornandraised // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:32 PM

For me, Ayoze has to start. The first name on the team sheet. I can’t believe I’m seeing team sheets with him on the bench. He is our one proven game changer, and he did it with the shitty squad we had last year at the age of 21. Imagine what he is going to do this year with good players around him and another year of strength.

I think a midfield of Sissoko, Wijnaldum, De Jong, and a Tiote/Anita/Colback is plenty strong enough defensively. If they can’t win the ball back, its for lack of trying not because of they need another defensive midfielder in the team.

• 69 Blackley and Brownlie // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:40 PM

It’s never floated old Blackley’s boat to select line ups and suggest formations. But then, I’ve never been in to lego or train spotting.

Perhaps, it’s because I’ve never understood what definitive formations are all about. Perhaps , it’s because the possibilities that look appealing on paper invariably disappoint on grass.

• 70 King Colback // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:43 PM

McClaren has banned players from swearing!

• 71 Sazzer // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:44 PM

I don’t have good memories of N’koulou and Matip together from the first game against Brazil.

• 72 Blackley and Brownlie // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Has Ellis Short been bolting any horses to carts?

• 73 beermonkey // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:52 PM

king colback

I read that in the mirror that also said he had sent 2 players home for being late to training

• 74 Munster Mag // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:55 PM

B and B , now you’re being miserable ! In fairness, you could be right, but with a new coach who seems to want to talk about windows to come, i have a feeling that the worst of Ashley’s excess thrift etc is behind us. Famous last words, hopefully not. Two quality signings and a drink for all of us tonight . 🙂

• 75 Ron Knee // Jul 10, 2015 at 5:56 PM

Follow his majestic progress:

• 76 magpiesi // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:00 PM

I wouldn’t mind xheridan shaqiri for the lm slot has a hell of a free kick. But he’s rumoured to be going to schalke for €15m after we sign matip.

• 77 ronaldo aarons // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:02 PM

Good signings, very good in fact and hope it continues. I can see mclaren playing a similar to the one arsenal had for the past 4-5 months, 4141 formation, that way it can incorporate wijnaldum and de jong in the team whilst still keeping width. Plus it’s easily altered into a 433.

As for cb, I do like matip but he didn’t have the best if years and is more potential rather than quality right now. N’koulou I have been a big fan of for years. The main issue with these defenders is they are not the type of defender we need ATM (I would buy n’koulou anyway if it was me). We need the dominating beast type of defender, mould of terry and vidic. We should definitely try for abdennour but I personally would like kamil glik of torino. He would be perfect plus he is a leader and good organiser. Exactly what we need right now and he is at the perfect age for me, 27. Very underrated defender and under the radar player.

• 78 SuperShearer // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:03 PM

Does anyone know if the friendly tonight is being streamed anywhere?

• 79 Belfast // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:03 PM

Where’s old Blackley been then ? There was a few impostors hinting they where you for a while.

• 80 Belfast // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:04 PM

Very unlikely Supershearer

• 81 JamesToon // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:12 PM

I hope de Jong gets captain. A real leader

• 82 Rotonda heights // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:14 PM

super

allegedly

• 83 Jib // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:14 PM

Super Al
    Try this no promises though

• 84 SuperShearer // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:19 PM

@ Rotanda & Jib – cheers lads. Will give it a try.

• 85 ToonRich // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:19 PM

@82…that site also displays Fixtures / Results / TV Schedules! If you click on the link for the game it says “No broadcasts found in your territory for this match.” :/

• 86 JamesToon // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:21 PM

What times kick off?

• 87 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:23 PM

AM I the only one that thinks having Cabaye back was not a bad idea.

Granted if he fills half the shoes he had here originally that would be enough. Kitty we did not fight for him truth be told.

I for one am disappointed…

• 88 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:24 PM

Wijnaldum is a good signing. A very decent player. Mitrovic would be very good as well. But that defense has a nasty odour about it. I can smell it over here. It’s overripe by several years now and will collapse under minimal pressure. It should have been the first thing sorted. Harrumph.

• 89 sparky55 // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:26 PM

we have to remember Ashleys MO

Yes wijy and Mitrovic are great signings (if we get them over the line) but that just means two more will be sold.

Cisse is off to the middle east and we all know Sissoko is off to pastures new and we also know the nett result of these four transactions is Ashley now has more money in the bank than he had before these deals were done.

Yes he will invest but yes he will sell.

The only upside is there are no more players in the squad with any real value. SDJ has to prove he’s fit so no-one will buy him at the minute and Cabella and Riviera are currently worthless til they prove they can do a job.

So hopefully any more signings after these two means the squad gets stronger

• 90 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:26 PM

Has Shaqiri gone to Stoke or not? Harrumph.

• 91 sparky55 // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:28 PM

we need three defensive players as only janmaat premiership class

• 92 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:28 PM

Very astute sparky lad. And spot on. We’re still a ramshackle outfit until we sort the defense. Bone of contention!!!!

• 93 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:29 PM

What kind of nonsense is this??? A completely cack defense (except for Janmaat)? What is wor problem? Come on then Schteve, get it sorted man!!!!

• 94 JamesToon // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:30 PM

Also anyone reckon that the reason Mitrovic is being offered the number 11 shirt is because we are still gonna go in for Austin?? And possibly Gouffran leaving hopefully

• 95 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:30 PM

I’ll say it again, Bone of Contention!!!!!

• 96 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:35 PM

When you look at wor defense what do you see Schteve? Does it give you nightmares? Are you thinking “what am I doing here? The owner hasn’t given me enough dosh to fix this sad lot.” The player sales had better begin soon Schteve, to fund a couple of decent CB’s. Harrumph.

• 97 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:37 PM

Now we really need Matip and another CB…whoever he is. Our defence is too old, too slow, too dumb.

• 98 Jib // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:37 PM

Sparky55
    I bet you play a mean game of FIFA

Have you ever watched a live PL footy match ?

• 99 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:38 PM

More thoughts from Schteve:
    “Well fong me sideways, this lot couldn’t defend a set piece from the girls’ U-10 England squad.”
    “I’m an excellent head coach but what am I supposed to do with that pair of cabbages? Williamson can’t turn or pass and Colo can’t defend high balls.”
    Harrumph.

• 100 Blackley and Brownlie // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Belfast
    Did you see me on my ride on at Little Benton on the NUFC TV video?

I’m pleased you were astute enough to see through those impostors.

• 101 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Well??? What are we going to do with that pair of cabbages???? Harrumph!!!

• 102 Bornandraised // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:41 PM

I don’t think they can bring in more than 2 defenders, whether we like or not. They need to keep home-grown players, every team in the Premier league is too flush with cash to sell anyone worth buying. Taylor, Dummett, and Lascelles are gonna be on the roster. At best, they can bring in one central defender and one fullback to compete with Haidara.

• 103 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Prune the cabbages!!!! Prune the cabbages I say!!!! Harrumph.

• 104 Blackley and Brownlie // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:44 PM

I was wanting to go and see NUFC v Huddersfield under 21s this afternoon, but it was behind closed doors. I don’t get that behind closed doors shite. We’re meant to be a community of football followers. I hear it was a good game as well, Newcastle winning 3 -2. Last time I help them out with the old ride on.

• 105 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Right then mates, any other bones of contention? What about wor so-called wingers??? I see another bone of contention here!!! Obertan couldn’t cross the street and poor old Gouffy has forgotten what it’s like to play in a decent side!!! Get it sorted Schteve!!!

• 106 Moonraker15 // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Sparky and Geordie2

Surely you can’t be freakin pessimistic today!

Just chill out and enjoy the good stuff unfolding.

We will definitely get at least one defender in otherwise they wouldn’t be making these great signings. I feel that at last they have people who know what they are doing ie McClaren and his coaches!

• 107 sparky55 // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:49 PM

GEORDIE TWO.

So glad to see at least one of us has been on the lash all afternoon! 🙂

• 108 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:50 PM

Good thoughts Moonraker mate but many bones of contention to consider. We can’t ease up on the pressure. We need a defense!!! Saylor oot!!! Willo oooot!!!! New CB’s!!!! Actual defending!!! Harrumph!!

• 109 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:51 PM

Cabbages oootttt!!!! Actual defenders in!!!! Take Saylor’s crutches away and point him at the nearest exit, then hoofball him right oot of the practice ground!!!!

• 110 armchair fan // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:53 PM

Wimbledon – OOT
    Federer – IN
    Murray – OOT
    Mr Krabs – OOT
    Squidward – OOT

• 111 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:53 PM

Reserving me judgement until this window closes! Im happy players are coming in but who we sell is just as important with how the squad finally looks for the season.

Good buys though by the look of it, can’t knock it. There is still alot to do though I reckon. I wonder who is next through the door and which position?

Sissoko and Cisse flogged I reckon. Be a shame if Cisse goes because it would be great to have him the new lad Perez and Riviere battling it out. I guess we are not going to see Austin now, for a few mil more we could of had him.

• 112 armchair fan // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Pardew couldn’t organise an attack in a galvanised german WW2 squad, dunno why Palace fans are on our back

• 113 Toonfan8 // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:56 PM

Did Wijnaldum pass medicals? When he will be announced?

• 114 armchair fan // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:57 PM

Wijjy will be a star buy, I’m telling you now.

Can play anywhere across the midfield, backup striker and possibly centre back.

Bet Ashers is loving the versatility.

• 115 sparky55 // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:58 PM

no pessimism here moonraker 15…just a healthy dose of realism and an in-built self defence mechanism for anything Mike Ashley related

As far as NUFC goes with Ashley at the helm I’m always hedging me bets and anything better than predicted is a brucey bonus…expecting everything to be rosy in the garden means nothing but a life of disappointment!

No-one will be more delighted than me to see these two on board…and no-one less surprised when Cisse and Sissko leave through the other side of the revolving door!

Right here right now I’m a happy bunny…It’s Friday, I’ve got a San Miguel in one hand, a burger in the other and I’m typing with me nose

happy days!

• 116 armchair fan // Jul 10, 2015 at 6:58 PM

And for those of you Joe Kinnears out there, if you want to pronounce his name it’s ‘Waynaldum’

• 117 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:02 PM

Oh, happy day
    (Oh, happy day)
    Oh, happy day
    (Oh, happy day)
    When Mike was fonged
    (When Mike was fonged)
    When he was fonged
    (When he was fonged)
    When he was fonged
    (When Mike was fonged)
    Mike is a git, yeah
    (Oh, happy day)

• 118 Toonfan8 // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:03 PM

Mitrovic will be given no.11 just because Cisse will be here with no.9…strikeforce Mitrovic,Perez,Cisse and Riviere is good enough…Sissoko won´t be sold, I think he will be used as RM/RW next season…

• 119 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:05 PM

And don’t try to tell me you lot weren’t actually thinking that as well. Harrumph.

• 120 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Sell the cabbages to Palace I say!!!! Willo to Palace!!! Saylor to Palace!!!!

• 121 sparky55 // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:07 PM

methinks I’m at least 10 pints behind Geordie Two

• 122 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:08 PM

Excellent bloggery on here today mates. Just beautiful. Well done etc. etc.

• 123 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Right then, when I come back on here I want to see the cabbages sorted Schteve. No excuses! No farting aboot!! I want the cabbages gone. I’m serious Schteve. As everyone on here can tell you!!!! Harrumph.

• 124 armchair fan // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:10 PM

There’s no joke in here

• 125 LewSpi v2.0 // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Sam matterface on Talksport earlier was saying pardew was the most obvious replacement for Roy Hogson should he retire after next years Euros.

Said he was a great coach, sound tactically and the players seem to love him because cabaye has returned to palace because Pardew is there.

What planet do some people live on?

• 126 Jail for Ashley // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Armchair fan,
    het is vine aldum, the Dutch pronounce their Ws with a V. I explained this earlier and if you look on you tube you will hear the latest sports news clip on the transfer with both hosts clearly saying Vine aldum.

• 127 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:12 PM

People on here saying I’m not serious…..bloody nerve. Not serious. Who brought up the bones of contention? Who’s worried about wor cabbages?? Unbelievable….

• 128 armchair fan // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Theres only one joke in here,
    They call him joe kinnear,
    Signing own man
    loaned to birmingham
    Now he asks why he’s the joke in here

(to the tune of winter wonderland)

• 129 BigB75 // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:14 PM

G2, hope all is well mate!. Anyone know how TFL is making out?… Wow i almost feel like this is a different Blog!

• 130 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Sneaking that Joe Kinnear reference in there armchair fan @124? That’s just narsty that is. Right then, that’s noted in the Blog Hobbit infringements log that is… Blog infringement!!!!

• 131 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:16 PM

Haven’t seen any word from TFL BigB75 mate. Hope he’s well after his operation.

• 132 armchair fan // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:17 PM

Are you okay JFA?

I didn’t rattle your Dutch side did I?

• 133 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:18 PM

Spot on LewSpi mate @125. When Palace finish 15th this season the grumbling will begin doon sooth. It will be “who brought this pillock in” and “how do we get rid? etc etc. Now if they would only take wor cabbages away…Come on Percy, you know you want them……

• 134 armchair fan // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:19 PM

If I was on the money joke was on the limited stuff he did, I’d be larfing all the way to the bank at the references

• 135 BigB75 // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:20 PM

JFA was a mess!!!! God it’s really scary if we sit and think for a min, the mess NUFC has been….and still is… sorta!

• 136 BigB75 // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:20 PM

Slowly improving!!!

• 137 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:22 PM

And don’t tell me those cabbages aren’t worth a pound or two Schteve! I don’t want to hear any whinging about “oooohhh I couldn’t get a red cent for any of them so they’re staying wiv oos!” Cabbages oootttt!!!

• 138 Jail for Ashley // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:25 PM

Armchair fan
    Not at all pal, just correcting your mistake is all.

• 139 armchair fan // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:25 PM

G2

Problem is, yes people will be after our cabbages but only to lower league clubs.

Will they take the lower wage or ask nufc to pay part of their wages if they move?

Don’t see mashers paying wages for players that aren’t ours anymore

• 140 armchair fan // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:27 PM

JFA

There’s correcting someone’s mistake, then there’s being plain condescending.

We are in England now, we pronounce out w’s not as v’s

• 141 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:29 PM

I say get what you can for the cabbages Schteve!!! Just pull the plug on the cabbages!!!! Send them off to London in a wheelbarrow!!!! We want real CB’s who can defend!!! Not vegetables on legs!!!! Harrumph.

• 142 Big Archie // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:30 PM

I sometimes wonder if we would be better off bringing the guy who sets up the goals rather than the one scoring them.

If we are honest the video that I just wasted time watching is against very poor quality defences.

• 143 Jail for Ashley // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:33 PM

Wasn’t being condascending and you pronounce it how you want, just refrain from telling others how to pronounce it incorrectly.

• 144 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:33 PM

I posted this link earlier with a sound clip of how Wijnaldum is pronounced. It’s with a silent g:

• 145 GeordieTwo // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:34 PM

Well that my final word on it then…..Pull the plug on the cabbages!!!! Harrumph…

• 146 bigmike23 // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:39 PM

I would still like to see charlie austin sign up if we can get him. The only problem i have with mitrovic is he has no prem experience and will his mentallity be good with him being that young with quite a hefty price tag on his back

• 147 armchair fan // Jul 10, 2015 at 7:39 PM

Don’t know why we’re arguing over a player that hasn’t signed yet,

Knowing mr krabs and pennyfeather they’ll be haggling over a goal relegation release clause and then boom!

Wheeler dealer takes over Leicester

‘Wijnaldum signs for Leicester foxes’

previous post: Wijnaldum – All The Facts Plus 10 Minute Video Of Skills