The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Pushing Hard To Complete Two Huge Deals Today

12:22 pm, Friday, July 10th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 117 Comments

Newcastle are close to a massive breakthrough in the transfer market today,  with Georginio Wijnaldum traveling to Newcastle for a medical.

If he competes that successfully then he will sign along the dotted line, but the deal for Aleksandar Mitrovic is not too far behind with a report today on web-site that the deal could go through later today.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Georginio Wijnaldum – taking medical today

Newcastle will want both players on the plane to the USA on Sunday, and they seem to be going all out to get the deals done and dusted today.

If Georginio completes his medical, there is nothing stopping him signing the contract almost immediately since he has made it clear to his friend at Newcastle –  Vurnon Anita – that he is (very) keen to join the Magpies.

And the latest news in Belgium is that Aleksandar Mitrovic’s agent Pini Zahavi is confident that not only is the deal going through, but that he expect the deal to be completed today.

This is what Zahavi has said:

“The formalization of the transfer will be made in the coming hours.” “Mitrovic and will sign a contract for five seasons for the former club of Philippe Albert.”

It’s also within Newcastle’s best interests to get both deals completed for around £12.5M each as soon as they can – with other big clubs still interested in both players.

Aleksandar Mitrovic

Aleksandar Mitrovic looks good in black and white stripes

These are likely to be the two biggest deals of the summer for Newcastle and will be the hardest to pull off, as Steve McClaren had pointed out yesterday.

He said that players costing more than £10M are Champions League players and the bigger clubs are after them,  and therefore Newcastle would  face a lot more competition.

But if Newcastle can get these two players over the line they deserve great credit,  and Lee Charnley will have shown he can  get the big deals done for the club.

Newcastle fans have been waiting a long time this summer for the first deal to be completed,  but these two players will have been well worth the wait.

And it will make other signings that much easier for Newcastle, with the club clearly showing they are serious about building up their team to challenge for a cup next season and finish in the top eight in the Premier League.

Hopefully this will turn out to be a very good day for Newcastle United Football club.

Tags: Financials · Newcastle News · Premier League · Recruitment · Scouting Network · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

117 responses so far ↓

• 1 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:24 PM

My nickname for this player will here-after be Windu. Like Samuel L Jacksons Jedi character.

• 2 Ron Knee // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:24 PM

nut meg
    It’s something like: VAY (as in ‘say’) – NALL (as in ‘wall’) – DUM
    He’d better bleedin’ join the club now!

• 3 jazzyp // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:26 PM

Schalke defender Joel Matip has revealed to the German media that one day he would like to play abroad but for the time being he wants to commit himself to his club. Newcastle United recently lodged a bid in the region of €14m for the Cameroon international.

Speaking to Sport1, Matip was asked what the future holds for him after the recent offer from the Premier League side. The defender revealed he is likely to stay at Schalke despite only having a year left on his contract with the German club. The Cameroon said he does expects to be with Schalke for the foreseeable future but he would consider a move abroad later on in his career as it would be a new challenge.

“I have one more year contract, which for footballers is always a long time but I am confident that we can agree. I am at home and I can imagine playing here for a long time. To go abroad, it would be a challenge and a new experience,” said the Schalke defender.

Despite these comments from Matip Newcastle will still be hoping to bring in another Bundesliga player this summer. We covered reports yesterday Newcastle were showing an in interest in Wolfsburg forward Bas Dost, and look to be in pole to sign him. The 26 year old scored 16 league goals for Wolfsburg last season but he could move this summer because of the competition for places at the club. The Dutchman has a contract with Wolfsburg until 2016 June and therefore a decent bid could land Newcastle the player.

• 4 Jail for Ashley // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:26 PM

It’s vine aldum

• 5 leonado_keng // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:26 PM

If these reports are truth, we will give many credits to board and Mike for your good jobs, big thanks for understanding for fans.

• 6 Toonfan8 // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:32 PM

we are now bringing CL standard players and young players, who have potential to be better…they are definetely step in right direction and me personally wanted P.Vieira as a head coach, but now I am really happy that we have Steve Mc Claren…I think he and his staff will bring some exciting times on Tyneside…

• 7 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:32 PM

Nut meg…

• 8 Novocastrian66 // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:33 PM

If these two lads sign up it is good news. Well done Lee Charnley.

• 9 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:33 PM

It sort of have a silent g!

• 10 mindshaft // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:34 PM

I didn’t want McClaren here but I’ve been impressed so far, if we can get these deals done it should ease the way for further deals as players will see we’re trying to improve the squad and show ambition.
    Guess we’ll find out how good McClaren is as a coach when the talking stops and the season kicks off

• 11 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:35 PM

Jazzy…I would have liked Matip 🙁

• 12 Jail for Ashley // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:37 PM

Does my head in when the commentators pronounce Van haal, there isn’t a silent g.

• 13 AMEOBI // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:40 PM

I talk to a Dutch lad on the Xbox who supporters Ajax, massive football fan. Says the way you pronounce wijnaldum is we-nal-dam, can play anywhere in midfield to the front man. Not sure if anyone has said this yet.

• 14 Ibizatoon // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:44 PM

Hey howdy hey,

So, is this it? The day of reckoning? Praise the Lord and all of his children.

A PL football club finally buying some players?

But wait….I though Steve wanted to properly assess the squad? Clean slate, no squad space, all that jazz?

It’d be nice to see some positive first steps. However, sorry to be a downer, but they are just that, first steps.

Let’s just hope they’re continued, unlike last time, when for reasons unkown, we decided to leap back and then continue to roll.

I do wonder whether qualifying for the EL is still considered a waste of time and money by the club?

• 15 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:44 PM

Van Haal is more of a (kr) sound! Like you have something in your throat.

• 16 optimistic prime // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:47 PM

Thanks Ed, no red n white stripes on show

• 17 nut meg // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:48 PM

Haha…………You could’ve started something here matey!

• 18 Tunami // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:48 PM

Totally understandable the frustration with most fans because of the debacles of the last few years but with sensible signings being made, a coach who is trying to do everything right on the training ground, with his coaching staff and with his communication I have a good feeling about the coming season. Proof of the pudding will be after the first few games of course, and I’m sure there will be some downs, but hopefully SM won’t be pilloried as quickly as AP and JC(even if JC deserved it)

• 19 Jib // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:50 PM

I still think a couple of our targets are S.Americans who will join us in the States.

• 20 Ibizatoon // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:51 PM

Tunami…To be fair, Pardew was given a reasonable amount of time. In the early days the majority backed him well and even thought he could counteract Ashleys policies for a while.

• 21 Ron Knee // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:54 PM

nut meg
    If we don’t get him ‘over the line’ after all this …!!!

• 22 Tunami // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:57 PM

Ibiza – yes I agree, he was given time. I guess what I was trying to say is that he wasn’t as bad a manager/ coach as some would have us believe – and it was more to do with the constraints on him than his abilities, so he probably took the brunt a little unfairly

• 23 Toonfan8 // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:57 PM
    really top players…now get them over the line…and go for CB Matip/Abdennour/Nkoulou

• 24 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:57 PM

They seek it here, they seek it there. The toon- they seek it everywhere. Is it in Gosforth? Or a bridge on the Tyne? That DAMNED ELUSIVE TRANSFER LINE!

I thank you.

• 25 beefman13 // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:57 PM

Jail, i remember jacky Charlton calling Ruud Gullit without the silent G and the used to take the piss, then he was in an interview with Marco van Basten who pronounced Gullit the same way as Jack did, and he was vilified as being right.

• 26 Munster Mag // Jul 10, 2015 at 12:59 PM

This is great news and hope all works out. If so, huge credit to Ashley and Charnley and Carr. No doubt we will have the usual moaners on here soon….” I want i want i want ” Why havent we got XYZ !!!! Moaning gits!

• 27 Ibizatoon // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:01 PM

Tunami…Pardew was limited. I find that’s the easier answer to avoid a blog explosion.

I do agree he was restricted (at times by his own inabilities), which is why I’m struggling to get excited about these first steps really.

I was talking on here the other day about the club, more than the HC. Have there been any fundamental changes? Are we not allowed to know what they are?

Is it not reasonable to expect a similar situation with McClaren down the line?

Until that grey area is cleared up I will continue to wonder what we’re doing it for, other than to advertise SD and hopefully some talented players.

It’s a good job we have preferred media partners so that the positive messages are getting out there.

• 28 Jail for Ashley // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:02 PM

The Dutch pronounce a W with V and Wijn would be pronounced the same as mijn (mine) but with a V ie Vine aldum. I think your Dutch friend is really a Phillipina and is leading you astray.

• 29 BandB // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:02 PM

We haven’t reached the finish line, but at least we at last crossed the starting one.
    I suppose that qualifies for wild celebration?
    Perhaps some people had so little real faith Mr Ashley, sir, that they felt the need to lower the bar for him as far as possible.
    As for Champions’ League qualification. The counts as winning something.

• 30 lesh // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:03 PM

How’s the tan? You managed to get some sun on your left side yet? Get it balances and the island’s prettiest’ll be throwing themselves at you!

Anyway, assuming these two go through, you’re allowed an extra San Miguel or whatever.

What a difference a couple of signings make to the mood of the blog!

Enjoy the day

• 31 Jail for Ashley // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:04 PM

I remember Mark Lawrenson calling him Van aal, sounded like a right tit, where do they get their info from.

• 32 Munster Mag // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:04 PM

Tunami, totally agree. I was never impressed with the moaners who never gave Pardew any credit for anything, even good results, and blamed him for all ills. But we now have a coaching set up that is far more ambitious. And Ashley has changed too, a little anyway. Carver, I dont want to forget him – it was too funny to lose from the memory bank. Really pleased to have Shteve and so far it is looking like a shrewd move, despite the reservations of most on this site, including the ED ( who changed his tune very quickly ! )

• 33 Munster Mag // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:05 PM

So can we have the correct pronunciation?

• 34 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:06 PM

I would agree that these two would take the pressure off for now. But i would still expect 3 or four more by the end of the window. Thats not me moaning…yet. I will be if we don’t improve the defence by the start of the season though.

• 35 Rotonda heights // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:07 PM

stop moaning

• 36 BandB // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:08 PM

You have replaced Welshgeordie9 as the person who comes on soley to moan about moaning.
    Ancient history moaning at that.

• 37 dok - the horrid colonial // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:08 PM

i’ll believe it when they are holding up the shirt….

• 38 Tunami // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:09 PM

Munster, Ibiza – thanks for the comments – I don’t think we’re differing wildly in our opinions – let’s see how the season starts – jury is out for me too as to whether Ashley has changed his tune but no point slagging him off as it has no effect anyway, maybe these next 2 transfer windows will confirm it one way or the other.

• 39 Slank // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:10 PM

Jib @ 19

‘…couple of our targets are S.Americans who will join us in the States…’

Like whom ?

• 40 Rotonda heights // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:11 PM

my cabaye theory was he is 30, lured to not his first choice for 100,000 a week rather than the pull of pardew. Cynical…moi!!!

• 41 BandB // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:11 PM

I think the idea that criticism has no effect on Ashley became ludicrous the day he employed a high profile crisis management consultant to handle his PR.

• 42 Ibizatoon // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:12 PM

BandB…We had to start somewhere, it’s good that we have, but was also desperately needed.

A round of applause and a cheer at the start of the race is absolutely expected, even if it did appear we may have had a flat, we’re looking like we might be underway now.

I still think it’s a little too early to be calling it though and patting the board on the back for a job well done.

CL qualification, the new age silverware.

Lesh…Still uneven I’m afriad. Contemplating having a tanning bed installed in my office and / or car. Seems a tad ridiculous when the temp is in the mid 30’s from 9am – 9pm, but needs must.

I’m all for a turn around in optimisim. I’m still a little tender mind, and find myself with trust issues. I’m sure the club understands. If they mean business, we have time, surely.

Munster…Do I count as a moaning git and can I enquire as to how you’re figuring Ashley has changed a bit?

• 43 lochinvar // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:13 PM

Che Guevera And Fidel Castro maybe

• 44 BandB // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:14 PM

Moaning gits are usually the ones who get served first.

• 45 lochinvar // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:15 PM

See above

• 46 BandB // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:16 PM

Safely leaving the starting stalls.
    Will that count as winning something?

• 47 Ibizatoon // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:19 PM

BandB…Much like “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder” I think it’s similar with winning something.

On the day, I considered beating West Ham winning something. Survival. Yet here we are, beginning our first ever season with the intention of winning something.

• 48 nut meg // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:24 PM

He’s in toon.

• 49 Noel Worst // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:26 PM

Janmaat__Van Dijk___Lascelles__Haidara

Make it happen, Eggheed!

• 50 Thump // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:26 PM

This is doing the rounds on Twitter atm.

What I’ve gathered from that picture is that there is definitely people in an airport.

• 51 Mister Tuff // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:28 PM

moaning munster – you extend plaudits to Mr Tubbs, Penfold and Carr for the possible new signings.
    I note you left Wally out of that list. Is that because he took over from your man King Percy. Come on get it out, get it off your chest – it could be cathartic.

• 52 ScoopSouthAfrica // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:35 PM

Hope it really happens….
    If you want a name how about Winjammin
    The Bob Marley hit, he scores a goal and we can sing
    Winjammin, Winjammin, Winjammin, etc.

• 53 Rotonda heights // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:35 PM

To be fair i praised pardew when we had a 6 match winning run playing 433, 3 years ago when ben Arfa finally got a game through others being injured and then early last season when he again went 433 for about a month. In between, before and afterwards what the hell was there to praise? unless you are a fan of breaking records for all the wrong reasons and watching dreadful football. If that’s your bag fine.

Now hopefully onwards and upwards with good football.

• 54 Tsunki // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:37 PM

Munster you’d think you’d actually wait until you were proved right first before hurling yourself headlong into ‘I told you so’ mode. it’s early days yet, and it’s well argued that it’s because of the fan perception and pressure of expectation the club has finally hauled it’s a*** into gear after a long long time asking. I put it to you that if the fans who advocated ‘wait and see’ had held sway, you’d be waiting to see in another five years henceforth.

And for the many hundredth time, Pardew was crap ( wait and see) and he walked.

• 55 Blackley and Brownlie // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:39 PM

If these two are champions league quality players, we only need another nine to be able to qualify and compete at that level.

• 56 overtheline // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:39 PM

First time this window I’ve felt remotely positive about signing any class players. Let’s face it the Holland national side are pretty high up the World rankings so Dutch internationals are all quality players

If we are seriously after this level of player across the side – and allowing for Cabella, Perez, Aarons to improve with better coaching then we do have the core of a side in Mid and upfront whcih can scare a lot of defences and compete with any side on their day.

It is the colander of a defence that now needs strengthening. I’d rather a £15m CB than Austin any day of the week.

I don’t see Sissoko staying with Sij and SDJ as core of a new midfiled and with his lack of commitment to the club he needs to go to the bindippers for an inflated fee which then is re-invested in a CB. Tiote is another uncertainty. If he is remotivated by Steve Black then fine – otherwise surplus to requirenents too. SM’s emphasis on professionalism is a welcome change from the shaky approach Pardew had in this area. If you don’t fit ship out.

• 57 Rotonda heights // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:39 PM

munster ” including the ED ( who changed his tune very quickly ! ”)
    – – – – – – – – –

Oh the irony coming from Mr fickle.

• 58 Slank // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:41 PM

Thump @ 50

I would expect him to fly by private jet.

Isn’t that the norm for players about to sign on the dotted line ?

• 59 overtheline // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:42 PM

So how do Celtic ever qualify for the group stages ? Given their players (Van Dijk excepted maybe) are all well below ours and the SPL is hardly a league to bring them on.

• 60 mindshaft // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:43 PM

So I guess Austin is out the picture if we sign Mitrovic, they seem quite similiar players – unless of course we sell Cisse

• 61 Toonfan8 // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:45 PM

If we sign Mitrovic, Austin is out…but Mitrovic is better signing for me…stronger,taller and younger…yes you can say Austin is proven in EPL, Mitrovic is proven in CL and is 20…has a good record and seem better all round player…

• 62 overtheline // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:48 PM

I’d like to see Cisse stay as a poacher in front of a set of attack minded AMs and wing backs. Rivere is a bit of a wild card now as no4 striker. He might get the confidence he so badly needs from the new coaching team, if not they’ll have to cut their losses as he has not been good VFM so far. Cabella I feel will settle – anyway he is a cut above in terms of ability

• 63 corkypants // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:50 PM

He is on tyneside sky sports news just showed it!!!!!!!!

• 64 Ibizatoon // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:50 PM

overtheline…I am quite amazed at how many people want Cisse out.

Despite his shortcomings and how woeful the team has been, he’s still got the goals.

Why people don’t want to see what he can manage in a supposed decent setup is a bizarre one for me.

• 65 nut meg // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:51 PM

It’ll be good to have some tall players in the box who can actually head a ball….providing Mitrovic signs of course.

• 66 JAMSHA(ASHELY SLAYER) // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:51 PM

well its him theres a new pic wich shows his happy at the airport

• 67 JAMSHA(ASHELY SLAYER) // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:53 PM

• 68 Jail for Ashley // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:53 PM

All your posts these days have a theme that suggests you think yourself cleverer than the rest of us for spotting the bigger picture. You have it in your head that everyone blamed Pardew alone for the state of the club. It is actually you that has completely missed the point, if it wasn’t for the Pardew/Ashley Out crew/mob/gang, I prefer organisation, Pardew would still be here peddling lies for his boss, Charnley would be announcing how well things were going, there’d be no back tracking on the Cup policy and we’d still be prepared to throw the towel in every January with the Silver tongued wearer of silly glasses prepared to take the flack. By removing him it has forced ‘the board’ in to a corner where change might be just round the corner. So the next time you rush in to defend the lies, sh1t football and siege mentality tactics, you just take a moment and try to see the bigger picture.

• 69 Toonfan8 // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:55 PM

yes,yes,yes WIJNALDUM, here we come…cracking player…now MITROVIC and we show others, we mean bussines…and CB is a must, strong one

• 70 BandB // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:56 PM

I agree with the Moanster that this is shaping up to be a very good day for the fans.

Best day since Pardew left 🙂

• 71 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 10, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Ibiza…I think what alot of people mean is that they don’t mind Cisse being moved on granted we bring in two prolific goal scorers!

Cisse has been woeful for a long time and he goes missing alot…literally 😀

How’s bikini bottom by the way?

• 72 Belfast // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:00 PM

Really funny the amount of people who stay away from the blog when it’s “negative” then return when something positive happens.

Bunch of wimps ! 🙂

• 73 corkypants // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:02 PM

Apparently mitrovic has been here since yesterday aswell double signing to be announced together whst do you guys think?

• 74 Sazzer // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Well it took forever but the devil got a plan.

• 75 corkypants // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:07 PM

Belfast i left because i was sick of the way the club was treating the fans i lost all interest what was happening behind the scenes when we didnt appoint a new manager when we should of! Who can blame people for that buddy

Steve mc has been a breath of fresh air HWTL!!!!

• 76 jazzyp // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:07 PM

Belgian news HLN suggest the striker will sign a five-year deal and will wear the number 11 shirt, currently occupied by Yoan Gouffran .

I thought Mitrovic was pictured training with his team mates yesterday ??

• 77 BandB // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:08 PM

If today comes off congratulations are due.
    But they are hardly overdue.

• 78 levi15791 // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:11 PM

Over the line boys!

• 79 Tsunki // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:11 PM

When the going gets tough….

• 80 Tsunki // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:12 PM

Aye that looks reasonably photoshopped ha ha being cynical again 😉

• 81 BandB // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:13 PM

Is that a halo he wears?

• 82 Mister Tuff // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:13 PM

Off topic a bit – Cabaye going to Palace. I think this might be one of the best signings this season. Will be a bit of early luck for the King getting this player and Cabs will be playing like a man possessed to get into the national team for the Euro’s.

• 83 Tsunki // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:13 PM

Exactly Bandb it should be viewed as a start.

Well said jail btw.

• 84 levi15791 // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:15 PM

Im an idiot! I shouldve realised it was photoshopped haha. Oh well, all the videos on twitter showing at thge airport and all smiles is a good thing!

• 85 Belfast // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:15 PM

I was only taking the piss mate. I’m glad the mood has been lifted.

• 86 Tsunki // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:15 PM

When cabaye left Pardew’s world and game plan dissolved. No wonder he’s pulled out all the stops to get his talisman in.

• 87 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:16 PM

Are the blog paparazzi waiting in line outside Benton?

…we usually get photos…that is if they are coming!

• 88 Belfast // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:17 PM

Hahahahaha that’s the worst photo shop ever

• 89 corkypants // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:17 PM

Jazzyp just summet i read online somewhere probably twatter lol

I was just wondering wether theres gunna be a double announcement, that would be a superb way to get the fans behind the new regime!

• 90 hatem786 // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:17 PM

• 91 Jib // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:17 PM

Black face white hands kinda gives it away

• 92 Tsunki // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:18 PM

Levi you’d think even a rank amateur could have tried at least having a bash with the clone tool ha ha. I can see your halo, halo, halo…

• 93 BandB // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:18 PM

Reports will emerge later that he’s been bitten by OP’s dog and is out ’til Christmas.

• 94 expatmag // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:18 PM

If both sign, credit where it is due.

Now we need at least one CB, a RB cover and a winger

• 95 ShirebrookToon // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:18 PM

Thought the white hands would have give it away Levi lol

• 96 corkypants // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:19 PM

Agree belfast clear photoshop

• 97 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:19 PM

I think in general Percy will do better at palace than he did here. They wont pull up any trees under him, but i doubt they will flirt with relegation like we did. He also doesn’t have Carver fcuking things up even more this time. Cabaye is a really good coup for them i would expect them to be around 10th.

• 98 Ibizatoon // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:19 PM

It’s photos like that which remind me that summer time can be fun.

Bless to whoever made the effort. Might want to start practicing on something other than an etch-a-sketch.

• 99 Belfast // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:20 PM

Looks like he’s got one of those throat boxes strapped to his neck.

• 100 Tsunki // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Yeah belfast I agree about the photoshop 😉

• 101 King Colback // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:22 PM

well sky are claiming he’s having a medical that is awesome

• 102 BandB // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:22 PM

I think the one at the airport might be gen though.
    Looks like him and right height.
    And I recognise the back of the baldy bloke’s head.
    I can’t remember his name though.

• 103 Tsunki // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:23 PM

I thought it looked like a first stab at ms Paint

• 104 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:23 PM

BandB…I have a hard time with all this good news at once as well…

…it just seems like something will get in the way (just cannot beat that cynicism)

• 105 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:24 PM

Newcastle airport spotter doing his/her work.
    Wi Wijnaldum looks happy enough.

Lets get him and Mitrovic over the line

• 106 King Colback // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:24 PM

well that didn’t work but theres a video on sky with him getting in a car on his way to his medical

• 107 Belfast // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:25 PM

he’s fairly beefed up from an hour or two ago like.

Do you think that was the first ever attempt at a photo shop Ibiza ? 🙂

• 108 toonicle // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:26 PM

Curious how we will line up with both De Jong and Wijnaldum in the team? 4141 or does Wijnaldum play wider out on the wing?

• 109 Jib // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:28 PM

In the genuine pic , that’s a big suitcase , he’s obviously been briefed about the States.

• 110 hatem786 // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:28 PM

yeah i hope we can get both over the line today:)

• 111 toonfan76 // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:28 PM

Here’s a question I thought needed asking! Does anyone on here know the wearabouts of Mitrovic at this current time?

• 112 hatem786 // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:29 PM

this is not photo shop

• 113 Ibizatoon // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:32 PM

Belfast…You’d hope so. Let’s just pray the respsonisble person isn’t expecting a career in photo editing….

• 114 Belfast // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:32 PM

The second one looks legit. Not sure about the tiger on the tshirt though. It looks photo shoped

• 115 corkypants // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:33 PM

No that aint photoshopped i did see wij on ssn earlier i meant the one that levi posted

• 116 Blackley and Brownlie // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:35 PM

Is McClaren becoming the manager we always wanted? I think I’ll wait until a ball’s kicked. I’ll have a good view from my seat in the 1892 club of course. Get your tickets now to avoid disappointment.

• 117 hatem786 // Jul 10, 2015 at 2:36 PM