The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

McClaren Admits Wijnaldum Deal – Others Being Worked On

12:54 am, Saturday, July 11th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 116 Comments

Steve McClaren has talked after the 1-0 win last night at Gateshead and has made no secret of the fact that =Georginio Wijnaldum is in town and he has been seen by various people in Newcastle and was photographed arriving at Newcastle airport on Friday afternoon.

georginio wijnaldum at airport

Wijnalbum arriving on Friday afternoon at Newcastle airport

Steve McClaren talked about Wijnaldum after the Gateshead game:

“There’s no secret,” “He has been seen around the place, he’s having a medical and all the scans that go with it.”

“Hopefully we will get the results tomorrow, and we can announce something. It’s not official, it is not over the line.”

“I know him very well from when I was in Holland. He was a pain at Feyenoord and for PSV against my teams.”

“He brings great quality and can play in any position in midfield.”” “His physicality is good, tempo good. He will be a good player in the Premier League.”

“We have one or two other things that are very close that we can’t really comment because it’s fragile and sensitive as you can expect with players’ agents and deals.”

“Certainly Lee Charnley and Graham Carr are doing their best behind the scenes to get the right deals. We have to be patient.”

So the news is not exactly true that he has already passed his medical – he’s just completed it.

So it really looks like we can get Georginio signed tomorrow – all being well.

That last comment seems aimed at the potential Mitrovic deal,  and the Mail tonight is reporting that Porto may have moved back in trying to get the 20 year-old star striker.

It also seems that there is at least one other deal being worked on apart from Wijnaldum and Mitrovic.

Maybe that’s the one for Lionel Messi.

Tags: Newcastle News · Recruitment · Scouting Network · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

116 responses so far ↓

• 1 Graeme // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:59 AM

What will be, will be – but who knows where Mitrovic will end up. He wants and is good enough for CL Footy, which we are many years away from.

We want him, but, in his heart, does he want us??

• 2 toonicle // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:59 AM

Hopefully that other deal is for a CB!

• 3 Mister Tuff // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:12 AM

Surely if Mitrovics’ agent is on Tyneside – it must be as close as a sealed deal could be.

The interesting bit it that they are near signing someone else.

• 4 Novocastrian66 // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:22 AM

The agent may be in Newcastle representing another player, not necessarily Mitrovic.

• 5 lesh // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:36 AM

Mr T

Newcastle’s but one airport among many, a short hop to Portugal.

Mitrosowassisname’s paying for Zinawe’s flights.

If the kid doesn’t want to join the party, then balls to him.

• 6 lesh // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:38 AM

The key fact is that Mitro what’shistally wasn’t with his agent. That spoke volumes.

• 7 Mister Tuff // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:42 AM

novo – fair point -as you say he might be acting for someone else -still with all his public statements I’m hoping the deal is going to be done.

If however the lad is equivocating about a move here – good riddance if he does not sign. I remain hopefull though.

• 8 Charlietoon // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:25 AM

I think if we get him it will on the promise that one day he will be able to move onto bigger things.

• 9 Spellcheck // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:25 AM

Last post albeit late McLarens making a difference. Still awaiting these astute signings on the dotted line offered. Optimist I am yet still pessimistic

• 10 Spellcheck // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:28 AM

Charlietoon I think if people really got it, theh may move onto bigger blogs. Nowt better than Ed’s though. The gentleman Only deserves praise for his Humongous efforts from us the reader.

• 11 ShirebrookToon // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:18 AM

Why would meetyourbitches agent say he’s going to sign five year deal for us and be in Newcastle to finalise that to then say no and go to Porto. I smell BS coming from the mail possibly

• 12 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:29 AM

I think mitrovic has no intention to join here. We are being used a pawns by his agent to get the move to Roma or Porto.

We !might lose Austin and mitrovic. I wonder if we had a plan c for strikers . carlton Cole?

• 13 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:35 AM

Stoke have confirmed Shay given transfer . their signings have been very very good. Glen Johnson will be joining them soon.

Even if mitrovic joims I think we are still behind stoke unless we get 2 more quality defenders in.

• 14 ShirebrookToon // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:37 AM

I’d take shawcross of stokes hands any day

• 15 Our Toon // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:55 AM

Don’t think Austin was ever a target and if he was I’m glad he’s decided to stay down south, overrated player and all because of his nationality.

As for Mitrovic, if he doesn’t join I don’t blame the lad….CL or the toon it’s a no brainer for someone of hos ability and for someone who has no affiliation to us. Porto is also a stepping stone to something bigger, look at Falcao, Hulk, Jackson Martinez to name a few!!

• 16 Our Toon // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:57 AM

YCMIU

Off topic but yes I saw that Bell found that innings which guarantees him another 6 months minimum of international cricket!!

• 17 willowdalerez // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:55 AM

Wijnaldum good as done (surely he passed the medical) so Striker and CB (at a minimum) still to bring in.

At striker I think we will still get Mitrovic or Austin and I think (and hope) it will be Austin. Don’t think Palace really has the cash to splurge after signing Cabaye and he will need one more year to prove he’s not a one shot wonder to attract attention from CL teams so he will be motivated plus he is experienced in the prem which should not (and McClaren won’t) underestimate the value of… Mitrovic on the other hand has possible deals with Porto and Roma so look for him to stay on the continent if either comes in with enough to satisfy Anderlecht’s fee and Mitrovic’s own wage expectations… The talented kid has attitude so clearly sees himself as too good for the Toon based on his statements to the press (has he ever mentioned us?) and I agree with some on here that Zahavi is just trying to drum up action from Porto given Roma… The only thing we can offer Mitrovic is regular starts and his wage demands (think he wants 60 a week – which we have if Ashley meant what he said)… Just don’t see that being enough unless Porto and Roma both drop the chase. Austin on the other hand respects us and the No. 9 (Shearer himself tweeted an invite) so there’s probably a deal there with the only downside being outside London.

On CB definitely think McClaren has his eyes on someone question is who and why the lack of rumours? Anybody, anybody hear anything?

Even if we only get in 3 (Wijnaldum, Austin plus CB) I will be satisfied because De Jong is supposedly fit and the squad eally can play better (Carver was just awful and made Pardew look a genius!)

• 18 The overrated Frenchman // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:19 AM

Just going on the match reports the squad looked pretty poor against Gateshead. Obertan, Gouffran and Riviere useless according to NUFC.COM. No surprises there.

• 19 JDdubai // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:30 AM

Im caught in 2 minds on the CF.

Mitrovic, though huge potential, doesnt particularly want to come to us – he has mentioned Roma and Porto before – do we really want another player who is only here for the money as doesnt really see us as anything more than a 18 month stepping stone?

We have been down this road before and it ends with Cabaye refusing to play to force a move and Sissoko not giving a toss when he plays and whoring himself out to any CL team he can think of.

Austin would be happier just to be playing here but it seems he wants to stay darn sarf.

Dost I dont want – dont think he would help the style of play I would expect McClaren to go for.

Who else is there?????????

Lets dig Lacazette out again maybe, or isnt Shola a free agent again?

• 20 will die for the toon army // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:35 AM

FC Porto want Drogba and Roma want Dzeko. So they also dont want him. Let him come for two season as we develop Perez and Armstrong.

• 21 The overrated Frenchman // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:52 AM

I’m not sure we want Mitrovic under sufferance do we? Quality player, no doubt, but if he does arrive here, you get the feeling that he will be another Cabaye in that the “grass is greener”. Personally, and off topic, I think Cabaye is a tool. Very much an overrated Frenchman. Wonder what he’ll make of all the rats in south London. (I mean the vermin type, not Pardew. Although if the cap fits…)

• 22 Reyantoon // Jul 11, 2015 at 6:18 AM

Looks wijnaldum deal is a done deal to me,
    hope Mitrovic follows,despite talk of last minute twist.Frankly,we’ll sign 5 players;
    Thauvin,Matip and Austin will follow,according to a trustable source.Not excited about Matip though.would prefer Rudiger or Winsten Reid.
    Is Pini Zahavi represent one or more of the above players other than Mitrovic?
    If not,he surely came to NE to finalize Mitro deal!

• 23 Average_Contents // Jul 11, 2015 at 6:27 AM

Oh my. Should of looked up the odds on shteve mentioning “over the line” in this transfer window. Seen it lastnight but couldn’t be arsed mentioning it lol.

On mitrovic – think lesh agreed along with BandB, leave him if he doesn’t want to come.

• 24 ShirebrookToon // Jul 11, 2015 at 6:27 AM

How reliable is your source?

• 25 Ron Knee // Jul 11, 2015 at 6:30 AM

Diego Rolan of Bordeaux Girondins would be a good prospect.

• 26 SUTTY1978 // Jul 11, 2015 at 6:31 AM

I see Wijnaldum’s arrived wearing a Hull City shirt, I wonder if they paid for his flight?

• 27 Reyantoon // Jul 11, 2015 at 6:33 AM

Very reliable..

• 28 Chris // Jul 11, 2015 at 6:40 AM

The overrated Frenchman

Agree about Cabaye. And talking of overrated Frenchmen, we should add Thauvin to the list:

• 29 nut meg // Jul 11, 2015 at 6:41 AM

Reyantoon
    Pini Zahavi also represents Sissoko & Cabella possibly Lacazette also so doesn’t necessarily mean he’s here to deal only with the Mitrovic transfer…….although I hope he is !

• 30 ShirebrookToon // Jul 11, 2015 at 6:44 AM

matip will be a good signing. Just what we need so colo can fcuk off back to Argentina

• 31 expatmag // Jul 11, 2015 at 6:45 AM

Reyan

So, you are saying you are ITK??????

This is despite the fact that:

Thauvin has already refused us twice when he preferred Lille and Marseille to us. He has even come out and said he doesnt want to leave Marseille.

Matip has stated he wants to stay longer at Schalke

Austin doesnt want to move his family north and wants to stay in London

Mitrovic prefers Benfica Porto and Roma to us.

I would love to know who your very reliable source is. Maybe Walter Mitty?????

• 32 nut meg // Jul 11, 2015 at 6:56 AM

Pini Zahavi is a very well repected top football agent and it’s the only thing that’s giving me hope.Everything else points to either a refusal to come here by the player or it’s a way of getting more money.

• 33 geordie157 // Jul 11, 2015 at 6:56 AM

Seen a few reports that nkoulou is the other player with matip staying at schalke

• 34 Reyantoon // Jul 11, 2015 at 6:57 AM

Ha ha expat…don’t know who walter Mitty is but i have my own trustable sources.However,
    Austin will only be signed if Mitro deal stalls.
    nut meg
    U made me warmer when u mentioned Lacazate

• 35 JDdubai // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:01 AM

I think it is pretty clear we will only get 1 top CF this summer – with only playing 1 up front most likely and with Cisee, Riviere and Perez on the books still then the most we will get is another younger-with-potential type of player and then move Cisse on.

If Mitrovic and Austin dont come then I have no idea who.

Id happily not go for another attacking/wide midfielder and instead get 2 CBs and ship out Willo and Colo.

The whole Mitrovic thing, especially coming from his agent that he will sign for “albert’s old club” , just smacks of alerting Roma and Porto that its their last chance before they miss out on him.

• 36 sing in the corner // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:03 AM

I think talk of offloading Cisse is a bit unnecessary…
    He’s a genuine poacher / goalscorer…will score goals wherever he is. And don’t forget he has played with one knee for the last year at least. Surely theres room in the squad for him, even if we do sign another decent striker. Let Rivi go and keep Cisse!

• 37 hibbit // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:09 AM

singin thein the corner ….. your missing one very important point we can sell cisse clubs want him….. we would have to give rivi away

• 38 nut meg // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:10 AM

JD
    Regarding Mitrovic you could be right but he didn’t have to come to the toon for that.He has connections to do that while he’s sitting in his armchair at home.Time will tell and we should know one way or the other by today I would imagine,fingers crossed it’s a yes.

• 39 expatmag // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:10 AM

Reyantoon

So, will you agree that if you are wrong about these so called signings, you will leave the blog for good never to return under your existing handle or any other handle?

• 40 Reyantoon // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:12 AM

The way i looked at Matip,he is a slow player.&
    His work rate is not that impressive.Plus he is cameroonian,which means he will go to Afcon in the middle of a season.If we are going to sign a defender,we should still concentrate Europe!!

• 41 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:12 AM

sing in the corner…if you gave me the option of signing another prolific forward besides Mitrovic and sell Cisse, I would sell Cisse in a heartbeat!

…too inconsistent and don’t give us enough games!

• 42 JDdubai // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:15 AM

expat

I wouldnt trust too much into that sauce/source.

nutmeg

Yeah Zahavi didnt have to come but it got more inches in the press columns than it would have done if he hadnt. I wouldnt blame Mitrovic for wanting Porto or roma obviously.

We clearly need to stop selling the club as an 18 month-2 year shop window though – its a cycle that will continue to bring in players who dont want to particularly be here and are coming here thinking of when they can leave.

then we put up with them namedropping every CL club in Europe and sounding as desperate as JC was to get the move they want.

• 43 Ron Knee // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:16 AM

Lee Ryder:
    “However, Schalke 04 defender Joel Matip – who was on Newcastle’s shortlist – has announced he is staying in the Bundesliga.

He said: “I am at home and can imagine playing here for a long time.”

“I have one more year on my contract, which is for footballers always a long time, but I am confident that we can agree more.”

It means that Newcastle could turn to Joël Veltman of Ajax with the 23-year-old fitting firmly into the bracket of player the Magpies are keen to sign.”

• 44 nut meg // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:17 AM

hibbit
    Sorry to butt in,can I just add to that and say Cisse is also at the right age to sell so if the right offer comes………goodbye Cisse NUFC will want as much as possible & he’s value will only go down as he gets older.

• 45 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:20 AM

Just catching up on the news..

So the injury woes begin eh..

Cabella to miss the USA trip with a thigh strain.

Unreal, how long have they been back?

• 46 sing in the corner // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:20 AM

jesper
    Me too, but i don’t honestly think we will sign more than one new forward. And I like the idea of Mitrovic, Perez with Cisse option, interchanging those 3 gives us variety we’ve not had in a long time. And when Cisse is fit and in form there aren’t many as effective.

hibbitYes we can sell Cisse now of course. But his value isnt really what it could be. He’s just off the back of an average season…it would rise again. Not sure what his contract situation is though, which obviously would affect the fee

• 47 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:22 AM

Joël Veltman would be a good call but we need two CB!

Neither Colo, Willo or Saylor can give us 30 games each.

• 48 Reyantoon // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:23 AM

lol expat…hope you are not serious and hope that is not a serious proposal.Thauvin may say he wants to stay with Marseille but he also said if the club is in financial trouble,i can sacrifice myself.He is not my primary choice but looks better than Marveaux & the departed Rtaylor.

• 49 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:26 AM

sing in the corner…I hear what you’re saying but I am just trying to both being realistic about how many games we are going to get out of a player and what they bring to the table 🙂

…Cisse can get goals, but he can also be a thorn in the side.

I don’t think we’ll sell Cisse if we get Mitrovic…just hope we’ll go for one more forward.

• 50 nut meg // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:27 AM

Cabella out of the USA trip through a thigh strain and his agent is in town…….I wonder.

• 51 Ron Knee // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:28 AM

T_P
    Where did you read that about Cabella?

• 52 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:29 AM

nut meg…wonder if we are selling him or that our new coaching team are already ‘doing their wonders ‘ 😉 lol

• 53 sing in the corner // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:30 AM

Jesper

Yeah I hope so too. Maybe my optimism is confined to the afternoon and evening!

• 54 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:31 AM

• 55 nut meg // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:34 AM

Jesper
    I just wonder if there’s business to be done with Cabella & Thauvin as I’m sure the have the same agent….Pini Zahavi !Only an idea mind you.

• 56 Ron Knee // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:35 AM

T_P
    Thanks!

jesper
    Dream start for Cabella!

• 57 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:35 AM

So our pre-season conditioning is already paying off it seems!

• 58 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:36 AM

Ron…and for us mate 🙁

• 59 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:37 AM

nut meg…I hope with McClaren in place that for once Newcastle will cut the bullshit 🙂

• 60 sparky55 // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:38 AM

nut meg

I agree…Cabella just hasn’t mentally got what it takes to play in the premiership and doesn’t know how to play quick ball…he’ll be looking for a route back to France on loan where he can get his value up again and we can then get something near what we paid for him in a years time.

• 61 Tsunki // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:41 AM

Has Cabella had his scan yet?

• 62 JDdubai // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:42 AM

Reyan @48

In what world are you even comparing Thauvin and Raylor????? Thauvin the dribbling, goalscoring winger and Raylor the defensive midfielder who fills in at FB, can hardly get abou the pitch and last played wide midfield about 4 years ago.

Thauvin they will keep pushing on as Carr is his big fan – maybe a change of scenery will help him after last season.

Veltman would be a good shout but would prefer a taller, stronger, takes-no-crap type of CB alongside him – in the Shawcross mould.

• 63 Ron Knee // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:44 AM

jesper
    I don’t mind if the club is secretive in its transfer negotiations – that’s normal. But I do like to see results!

Apparently, ‘Gini’ wanted to watch the Gateshead match, but as he hadn’t actually signed the contract it was deemed inappropriate for him to go.

• 64 beermonkey // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:49 AM

ron knee

I really didn’t see the harm in him going
    but it was prob done to the preferred media partners can have there exclusive

• 65 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:50 AM

Tsunki,

Results today, Mclaren says he is doubtful to go. They would be daft to take him if he has strained it like.

Does anyone know if we have had any bids in for CB’s? Reports or anything?

• 66 JamesToon // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:51 AM

– Joel Matip – £10m
    – Georginio Wijnaldum – £14.5m
    – Xherdan Shaqiri – £12m
    – Aleksandar Mitrovic – £12m
    Total: £48.5m

Get your wallet out ashley!!

• 67 Ron Knee // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:51 AM

beermonkey
    So you think he’ll be ‘unveiled’ today?

• 68 JamesToon // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:51 AM

toon prodigy

supposed £10m bid for matip

• 69 Reyantoon // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:56 AM

JD
    Actually i didn’t mean to compare Thauvin with Rtaylor.I’m talking interms of possible replacement.Carr knew him well before because he scouted him many times,which makes it easier for him to strike the deal.
    You are right,veltman is an excellent option,don’t know him that well though.But since he is from Ajax,he definitely must have potential!!

• 70 beermonkey // Jul 11, 2015 at 7:56 AM

ron knee

yes I do then I expect him to fly off to the states

does any1 know if he is taking all our players

• 71 Ron Knee // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:00 AM

beer
    Of course, if he had his scan on the NHS it might take a little longer!

• 72 beermonkey // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:06 AM

ron knee

Ashley is so tight he prob has tried to use the nhs
    maybe that’s why all our injuries take so long to heal
    its taking months just to be see by a doctor

• 73 Ron Knee // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:08 AM

beer
    They’ve probably lost his scans!

• 74 expatmag // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:12 AM

DUBAI

I dont, mate. I know who he is and he is one of the biggest bullshitters on the blog.

In truth, noone knows what is happening or who we are after.

• 75 Mag52 // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:17 AM

Sing@36.

Totally agree that we should hold on to Cisse. Top scorer last season in spite of being out for so much of the time. He misses a load of goals, but, like most poachers, he’s always in the right position to nick one and the law of averages means he’s going to score regularly if kept fit.

• 76 Reyantoon // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:19 AM

expat – are you okay there?
    Are you trying to go at me for no reason?
    You don’t seem so well today?

• 77 expatmag // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:20 AM

Mag52

If someone comes along and offers 8 million + for Cisse or 12 million plus for Sissoko, they are gone.

• 78 expatmag // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:21 AM

Reyantoon

I am here. I am perfectly well and I know a bullshit artist when I read one.

• 79 beermonkey // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:22 AM

expat

In truth, noone knows what is happening or who we are after

very true but its hard not to get frustrated at times

• 80 sing in the corner // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:22 AM

Mag52
    Aye, like Andy Cole in that respect. Gets loads of chances, actual conversion rate, for us anyway, probably wasn’t a high percentage but the key is he got into so many of those positions, which others don’t..

• 81 sing in the corner // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:24 AM

Wait…ssshhhhh!
    Whats that sound? The unmistakable sound of fresh season ticket wallets sliding of the shelf?!
    Not yet comrades. Wait til you see the whites of their eyes! Its working…

• 82 Reyantoon // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:25 AM

No idea what you are talking about.Don’t think you are ok either!!!

• 83 expatmag // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:30 AM

Reyantoon/ethiotoon

Stick to following that old eygptian goddess Isis, mate. That about the only ITK you are familiar with.

• 84 expatmag // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:31 AM

Beer

Never a truer word said, mate.

• 85 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:31 AM

Jamestoon,

Would the club really shell out 10 mil on a CB? I have my doubts there but it would be great to see.

• 86 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:33 AM

It’s a shame if the Mitrovic bid turns out to be too little too late!
    …finally when we do something right!

• 87 sing in the corner // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:33 AM

Toon prodg

Howay man! This is the new look cash flashing free spending Toon!

• 88 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:36 AM

Lol oh aye! I forgot about that, It’s a given! Why am I doubting it!

• 89 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:37 AM

I see Glen Johnson is away to Stoke, they should buy Williamson aswell!

• 90 Ron Knee // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:37 AM

sitc
    Yeah! Punching above our weight!

• 91 sing in the corner // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:39 AM

Still on Cisse though…

One of many things I am hoping for from our new look coaching set up is that someone can teach him better movement. I’m weary of watching him doing those blundering straight runs through the middle and getting caught offside a hundred times a game. Then grinning from ear to ear. So infuriating!

• 92 Ron Knee // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:39 AM

T-P
    At least Williamson would meet Stoke’s height requirement!

• 93 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:40 AM

Matip is staying in Germany according the Chronny. Attention turning to Veltman now.

• 94 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:40 AM

Stoke are moving fast and so are WHam…

• 95 sing in the corner // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:41 AM

Sorry about the exclamations! I’m on super strength colombian filter coffee!!!!

• 96 beermonkey // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:43 AM

jesper

can you explain why depay is about 10mill more than wijnaldum

• 97 Ron Knee // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:43 AM

sitc
    Just don’t start using CAPS (!!!)

• 98 nut meg // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:44 AM

sitc
    Cisse is 30 now so might be a bit late for that.Old dogs & new tricks etc.

• 99 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:44 AM

Ron,

Too right. Hey, if they can take Johnson, they could do us a favour aswell haha.

• 100 Reyantoon // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:45 AM

Ha ha…still don’t know what you are talking about.Don’t try to twist subject.This is a football blog.If you are good at talking bullshit subjects,
    like u mentioned above yourself,don’t try to engage with me and you can f••k off!!

• 101 sing in the corner // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:47 AM

Nut meg

Yes I suppose…but when I watch him doing it I can’t help thinking someone should have taken him aside and told him his awareness is a bit Sunday League. Maybe they didn’t want to get gobbed on

• 102 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:49 AM

beer…all I can think of is age mate! Depay won’t need to be registered and Wijnaldum would!

• 103 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:50 AM

beer…and maybe their contractual situation?

• 104 Ron Knee // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:51 AM

T-P
    I can suggest a few others they could take. How about a dashing CF (French)? Clinical finisher!

• 105 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:51 AM

Where is Ed with the articles? Is he having a lie in? Late this morning

• 106 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:53 AM

Ron,

He is pure Stoke aye, would fit right in haha.

• 107 sing in the corner // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:57 AM

Hey this Colombian is good stuff!
    Is anyone else looking at our squad and knitting together some ifs buts and maybes??
    Siem and Widjet…Perez and Janmaat continue their rise to superstardom. …Mitrovic… A tune from Abeid and dare I say it Cabella..
    A Centre Half in next…
    Makings of a side?

• 108 beermonkey // Jul 11, 2015 at 8:59 AM

jesper

I don’t think wygnaldum had long left on his deal
    I forgot that

• 109 John Tudor // Jul 11, 2015 at 9:00 AM

the clue was
    he is jut not over the line yet

• 110 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 11, 2015 at 9:02 AM

sing in the corner …you should try coffee from Mexico or Brazil Santos Coffee 🙂

• 111 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 11, 2015 at 9:02 AM

Sitc,

It’s cover for injuries im interested in!

• 112 sing in the corner // Jul 11, 2015 at 9:04 AM

TP
    Injuries Schminjuries!
    Don’t bring me down man!
    I’m riding the crest of the spending spree!!

• 113 LewSpi v2.0 // Jul 11, 2015 at 9:07 AM

toon prodigy

Ed generally posts the articles at 2/3am stateside. So he has slept in til 4? it is Saturday, and it’s not like we don’t know the news… 🙂

• 114 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 11, 2015 at 9:08 AM

Nut meg,
    Zahavi is also the agent for Mitrovic

• 115 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 11, 2015 at 9:15 AM

Sitc,

Lol carry on riding mate!

Lew,

I know I was joking haha. The articles are normally out starting around 8am here. He is deffo had a lie in.

• 116 Jib // Jul 11, 2015 at 9:25 AM

Talking Centre backs
    I don’t think Cabella has a thigh strain saw him training 2 days ago running freely . I think it is a straight swap with Marseilles Nicolas N’koulou .
    Cabella went back to Corsica for his hols and got homesick (the PL is tougher than he thought).
    I also have reason to think we will get Andre Pinto from Braga he knocked back a good move to Fiorentina – why ?

previous post: Report: Newcastle Mitrovic Bid Stalls – Porto Make Move