The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Announce Wijnaldum Signing – Dutchman Delighted

11:16 am, Saturday, July 11th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 205 Comments

Newcastle have just announced that they completed the signing of Holland  international midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum from PSV Eindhoven.

The 24-year-old moves to the Magpies on a five-year deal to become our first signing under new head coach Steve McClaren.

NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, ENGLAND - JULY 10: Newcastle United's first signing Georginio Wijnaldum holds a Newcastle United Shirt at The Newcastle United Training Centre on July 10, 2015, in Newcastle upon Tyne, England. (Photo by Serena Taylor/Newcastle United via Getty Images) *** Local Caption ***Georginio Wijnaldum

Georginio Wijnaldum – delighted to join Newcastle

This is some of what Newcastle have just put out on their web-site:

=========

The deal for Wijnaldum represents the third highest transfer fee in the Club’s history, after Michael Owen and Alan Shearer.

This is what Wijnaldum said:

“I’m delighted to be a Newcastle United player.”  “I felt the time was right for me to move and the Club have shown they really want me, so I’m very happy to be here.”

“There’s a few players here who are from Holland – I know them well and they will help me feel at home in Newcastle.”

“I know the Club has a great stadium with great fans. I want to play here as soon as possible – I want to feel the atmosphere and hear the crowd. I cannot wait to get started.”

Steve McClaren added:

“This signing is a real statement for the Club. It is a big transfer for a very good player and I am delighted to have Gini here at the Club.”

“He has lots of energy and a great tempo to his game. He is very skillful but is also capable of playing box-to-box, and – importantly – he can score goals.”

“He is at the right age and the right fit for Newcastle. He is a leader as well and you will see that. He is someone who always wants the ball, can deal with it, and we need that kind of character in the team.”

Born in Rotterdam, Wijnaldum began his career with local side Sparta Rotterdam, remaining with them for seven seasons before joining neighboring Feyenoord.

Wijnaldum made his first team debut for Feyenoord aged just 16, earning a man of the match award in what would be the first of 134 appearances in five seasons at De Kuip.

Shortly after being called into the Dutch senior squad for the first time in 2011, the midfielder made the switch to Eredivisie rivals PSV, where he would register 56 goals in 152 appearances before arriving on Tyneside.

As captain of PSV, Wijnaldum led the club to the Eredivisie title last season and was crowned Dutch Footballer of the Year 2014/2015.

Wijnaldum becomes the fifth Dutch international in Steve McClaren’s squad alongside Tim Krul, Daryl Janmaat, Vurnon Anita and Siem de Jong.

=========

It looks like the fee being quoted (via Sky Sports) is £14.5M just below the £15M we paid Blackburn for Alan Shearer in 1996, and less than the £17M we paid Real Madrid for Michael Owen in 2005.

We wonder if that statement about him being able to play box-to-box is where Steve will play him at Newcastle – so we finally have a replacement for Yohan Cabaye?

If that’s where he will play Georginio will already have been told that.

Here’s some detailed information we out about Georginio yesterday with a 10 minute video that shows the tremendous skills the player possesses.

georginio wijnaldum

Georginio Wijnaldum – Howay The Lads!!

This is a huge first signing for Newcastle, and he will be a great addition to the squad.

It also looks like we are close to signing 20 year-old Serbian International Aleksandar Mitrovic of Anderlecht – but only if other clubs he prefers don’t come in for him.

That doesn’t sound too good.

But it’s just great to have Georginio on board, and he’s delighted to join such a famous club.

Tags: Alan Shearer · Georginio Wijnaldum · Michael Owen · Newcastle News · Premier League · Recruitment · Transfer News and Rumours

205 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jail for Ashley // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:18 AM

Ashley Out!

• 2 sweendog // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:18 AM

welcome to the Toon.

• 3 Jail for Ashley // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:18 AM

More signings in !

• 4 Harley // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:19 AM

Get in!!
    And on my birthday too:))

• 5 sweendog // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:19 AM

good signing and quality player, add the striker and top CB we need, and hopefully 2 other top players and I’ll be excited for next season.

• 6 optimistic prime // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:19 AM

Psv tweet NUFC fans, and share a vid.
    Quite classy on their part

• 7 Jail for Ashley // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:23 AM

#Gini Bedankt

• 8 sportiquet5 // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:24 AM

Welcome to the toon happy that we’re not just buying from France anymore not sure where the striker will come from as Austin and mitrovic deals are non starters two players not interested in coming, intranet at work does mention hospitality room is is booked on Tuesday next week

• 9 Jail for Ashley // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:25 AM

They seemed to like him.

• 10 Jail for Ashley // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:30 AM

It won’t be long before JC is on telling everyone what he could have done with some new signings.

• 11 mickalfas // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:31 AM

Fantastic news !
    You have to give it them,Wini on the photo perfect position for the shite direct sign
    They never miss the opportunity

• 12 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:32 AM

Yes! So happy right now 🙂

TFL I can imagine will be buzzing when he gets on, some great news for him to see.

Maybe we are going for a Dutch core? Two Dutch CB’s and there we go.

———————-Krul
    Janmaat-Dutch Cb-DutchCB-Haidara
    ———————–Anita
    ————–Wijnaldum-De Jong
    ———-Perez——Cisse——–Aarons

• 13 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:37 AM

I honestly think Luuk De Jong is worth a shout, he only had Krul and Anita here when he joined so it would have been fairly hard for him to adapt, he was also played as a number ten rather then a striker. He joined a squad that was at the start of a terrible run and I don’t think he was judged fairly. Luuk will now have his brother and former team mate gini here, and would also get to start the season fresh. Worth a punt? I would feel sorry for PSV though, the only club abroad that seem to respect us. Anyone remember Louis Nicollin, what a tool!

• 14 Jail for Ashley // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:40 AM

If you’d seen LDJ in the flesh you’d change your mind

• 15 Tsunki // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:41 AM

Jail just catching up and noted your insightful observation re: jeff and his failure to get involved in the Dutch pronunciation debate. Even I know that most it’s virtually only the English who pronounce hard j’s, v’s and the like, many other European and slavik languages prefer soft j’s (y) and hard w’s (v). So even I could have had a stab at saying ‘vinayldum’. The point being that Jeff hasn’t the innate intelligence to get that far.

The moral of the tale is that Google can only carry your bluff so far, Jeff, and it deserts you at the critical moment, much like the brakes on your rocket powered cart full of dynamite as you hurtle toward the canyons edge. :d

• 16 Rotonda heights // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:42 AM

over rated frenchman

has it not been widely reported we are also chasing a forward and a CB

Wiji had a storming WC and is hardly an unknown entity like the miserable rob lee would have you believe

JamesToon // Jul 11, 2015 at 10:02 AM

@NUFCgallowgate: Siem de Jong: “McClaren likes us to keep the ball, which is different to the previous set-up” #NUFC http://t.co/E0IVRG2XHC

Music to my ears

• 17 Belfast // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:42 AM

Jesper will be on soon complaining about the fee. 🙂 Can we afford this?

• 18 toon kk // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Young magpie
    Perez, Cisse and Aaronos aren’t a strong enough strike force for the premier league.

• 19 Jib // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Mikalfas
    Welcome to the PL
    They all use a foto as an advertising opportunity.

AON is an insurance company btw

• 20 Tsunki // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:44 AM

LDJ no no no I don’t think I ever saw him stick his laces through a ball. Hopeless for the prem. He’s better off sticking to his unibond- league quality opponents where he is now.

• 21 mickalfas // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:45 AM

It makes me laugh when you have European players moving everywhere
    And bless,Austin can’t move up norf ,allegedly

• 22 Jib // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:46 AM

The funny thing is the Frenchman was crying his eyes out when we sold Cabaye – it was the end of civilisation as we know it on Tyneside.
    Yoo Hoo
    Frenchy
    Dreamboat was a midfielder

Ha ha ha

• 23 Belfast // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:48 AM

De Jong was a flop in Germany too. Goal machine in the Dutch league like Samaras, Alfonso Alves and a few others.

He should stay where he is.

• 24 sportiquet5 // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:53 AM

Think we should be aiming higher than De Jong however dost must be favourite to come to us now who’s a good target man

• 25 Oldgit1 // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:55 AM

It’s being suggested that Pardew is feeling a bit aggrieved at us spending this sort of money on players whilst he had to contend with players with potential. I have a feeling that the bosses didn’t have the confidence in him to buy decent players.

Don’t think the term pardewed was just used by supporters, I think Ashley thought this to.

It could be that Shreve had demanded certain things before he took the post. Signing top players was one of them. Anyway I’m feeling a lot more confident with Shreve in as a head coach. Hopefully one of many top notch signings. The feel good factor is coming back hopefully. We will see.

• 26 mickalfas // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:55 AM

Would rather not get a CF in ,if the choice is das boot

• 27 sportiquet5 // Jul 11, 2015 at 11:58 AM

I agree have to say mitrovic might have been a bad person for moral in the dressing room seems a very huffy young man

• 28 potski // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:00 PM

@The overated Frenchman

De Jong is a great player if he can stay fit. But you obviously never watched last year’s World Cup. Wijnaldum is one of those players you think Wow, what a dream it would be to have him at SJP. He was instrumental in driving Holland to the semi-finals, since then he was Dutch Player of the Year.

Watch a video of him on YouTube, there is one clip with him defending right on his own byline trying to block a cross, the ball gets cleared, and he sprints the length of the field to score a goal. He reminds me of Rob Lee, in that he makes runs into the box to score.

IMO worth a season ticket renewal just to see him play.

And a manager who believes in playing football!! And coaching staff who are not a bunch of ignorant thugs.

Even if the swearing ban doesn’t make a great deal of difference on the pitch, the message is there will be no more confronting supporters, squaring up to opposition managers, headbutting or spitting at players, that under Pardew and Carver have embarrassed the club and the whole North East. And now we have the message loud and clear that we will compete for players on transfer fee and wages that previously would have gone to CL clubs, or Southampton last year flush with money from selling half their best players. Even if you don’t know much about Wijnaldum, other players will, and his signing could attract players to believe that Newcastle is a club which will be going forward. He absolutely is worth the fee.

• 29 BandB // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:01 PM

Talking about Googling.
    I was having a conversation with an old friend last night and trawled up a childhood memory of my mother having a football manager in the family.
    His name only popped into my head this morning. So I was forced to Google my own family memories.
    The chap was a record transfer fee, FA Cup winning captain, England international, and won the Copa Del Rey as a manager.
    My mother was impressed about nowt!

• 30 Jail for Ashley // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:01 PM

It is rumoured AON actually pay for their product to be advertised.

• 31 scout // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:02 PM

I heard the queen was blinking at the light when psv opened the suitcase full of money.

• 32 Our Toon // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:03 PM

Some of you crack me up, mitrovic is holding on for a better deal to play at a higher and you lot are questioning him for doing so….look we aren’t that attractive club anymore, offer any lads in our current squad CL or the toon and pretty much all would choose CL over the toon.

As for Austin, he doesn’t even make the decision it’s his wife who decides his future, what’s to say in 3 months she has a change of heart and relocates down south….will Austin play 100%!!

• 33 optimistic prime // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:05 PM

9,reasons. Could they not get to 10.
    Interesting though, didn’t know he didn’t want to be a footballer as a kid.

• 34 scout // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:05 PM

Austin will sign. Its 300 mile to London not 3000.

• 35 mickalfas // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:08 PM

The more iI read about Wini ,the more impressed I get ,and he’s delighted to be here ,fantastic signing
    How will the headline look if Mitrovic signs

Mitrovic signs ,having Portuguese lessons!

• 36 Jail for Ashley // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:08 PM

Short piece on last nights game

• 37 Jail for Ashley // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:09 PM

mickaflas ???

• 38 Shadow_Shearer // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:11 PM

Does this mean sissoko will be leaving for Liverpool???

• 39 mactoon // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:11 PM

Great signing but rumour has it Cisse has agreed personal terms with trabzonspor?

• 40 mickalfas // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:11 PM

Jail
    Are you suggesting SD don’t pay ?

• 41 Tsunki // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:12 PM

I agree mitrovic’s dressing room attitude (professionalism) is the key factor, not his reticence to come here. I can bet virtually every player now hangs on for the best deal possible and that is the prime factor over location, family, even ambition many times. Don’t blame him, although I don’t agree with the agent/fee culture, I think most of us would um and aah if we thought it would net us the value of a family car extra each week.

• 42 geordieboy83 // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:12 PM

Cracking signing this like,
    Anybody seen the video of gini walking out at st jsmes’ hes got the same look as a fan thinking my god this is amazing

• 43 Jail for Ashley // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:13 PM

Whatever happened to catchy in Norway, he ceased to exist after Pardew left, do you think he has reinvented himself on the Palace blog.

• 44 Rotonda heights // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:13 PM

mactoon

they’re only offering half what we’ll accept though

• 45 Tsunki // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:13 PM

Mickalfas – don’t mate..just…dont.

• 46 hatem786 // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:14 PM

• 47 mickalfas // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:14 PM

Jail
    Only mean that if be signs ,the stepping stone effect till Porto come back for him

• 48 Tsunki // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:14 PM

Jail I think it was a case of job done when Pardew went, his cause was over, so he vanished into thin air.

• 49 honest fan // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:16 PM

Don’t think porto are that interested in mitrovic I was just on their newsnow page and looks like they want Fernando llorente of juventus I think they are trying to buy time waiting for Roma

• 50 Jail for Ashley // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:16 PM

mickaflas,
    Ahh

• 51 Belfast // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:19 PM

Aye Catchy is on the Palace blog now arguing with Manxpie as we speak.

• 52 tenpointnine // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:20 PM

Great to see him holding up the shirt, just a pity you couldn’t have cropped the photo to take out S**** D*****.

• 53 switch365 // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:20 PM

How does that old song go? ,,, I dream of Gini with that smile on his face 😀

• 54 Rotonda heights // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:21 PM

potski

I have to say SM is growing on me by the day. You’re right the previous coaching staff were just a bunch of thugs, hopefully woodman snr will leave too and complete the clear out.

SM seems far more of a gent in the SBR mould than the narcisisstic oaf pardew. Standards and discipline being addressed is fantastic.

• 55 JP...from The Rock // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Fantastic signing I am over the moon!! As it dragged on wasstarting to worry but it’s happened he is finally one of us and I can’t believe my eyes. Will this be the start of something special and exciting again for us..for now it seems Ashley is keeping to his word of investing in talented players to try and win something. Credit to those involved in getting Wijnaldum over the dreaded line.

Howay The Lads!

• 56 Ron Knee // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:23 PM

hatem
    McClaren didn’t look too pleased at the end of the match.

• 57 mickalfas // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:24 PM

Tenpointnine
    I more surprised they didn’t zoom in on the sign and make Wini blurred

• 58 Tsunki // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:24 PM

I predict a possible song based on Denis Denis by Debby Harrys’ crew.

• 59 Jail for Ashley // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:26 PM

Talking of Pardew obsessives… achhm humm

• 60 Nufc-83 // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:27 PM

Looks like it will be 4231 formation so the 2nd cm/cdm spot will be up for grabs between Anita and colback. I think SM will really Anita apparently everything went through him last night but colback was one of my best players last season (not hard I know). Interesting times ahead.

• 61 Tsunki // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:27 PM

😐 😀

• 62 Noel Worst // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:28 PM

Convinced Van Dijk is our priority for CB, may already have a fee agreed as Celtic are asking around £10m which seems to be approximately our budget, they just don’t want to allow him to leave before he’s helped them qualify for CL.

He wants to move to the PL to help his international credentials, they’ve accepted he will move and we’re in the market for a CB. Where better to move to for him than a team with many of his compatriots and only a couple of hours drive away from where he already is.

Yep, I’ve convinced myself!

• 63 nut meg // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:29 PM

BandB
    Was your uncle Ronnie Allen ?

• 64 Tsunki // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:29 PM

Anita is more creative and dynamic going forward. Not something I would have said before west ham probably but we need someone with more vision than colback. Who has none. Zero. Nada. Zip.

• 65 optimistic prime // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:31 PM

This lad is by far the best Ashley has bought since he’s owned the club.

Very happy that I’ll get to see him in a black n white shirt.

It’s just a start though, we need a few more signings of this quality.

• 66 Belfast // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:33 PM

Yes Skunki but Colback has eyes on the back of his heed.

• 67 BandB // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:33 PM

Jail, Tsunki

I saw McClaren asking fans what they wanted at the forum.
    I saw people yesterday complaining that “the moaners” would never be satisfied.
    I was just thinking about what it would ta.ke for me to be happy again.
    Most of them are performance based.
    All for 2015-16.

1 A serious and sustained attempt to qualify for European football, with the squad strengthened rather than hobbled in January to improve rather than decrease our chances.

2 An acceptance that being “unable to compete” with Southampton and Swansea and “punching above our weight.” are mutual exclusives. We cannot be both.

3 Reaching at least the 5th round of a cup competition and exit should be on merit with a full-strength team.

4 The academy to be fixed.

5 The Wonga logo off our shirt.

What would it take to get you onside?

• 68 Mister Tuff // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:33 PM

The more I read about Wijnaldum -the more I like him. Tremendous signing without a doubt. Looks to have a very good attitude.
    Still confused with this Mitrovic carry on.

• 69 Tsunki // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:34 PM

Just think the mackems have given Wes Brown another year contract and we sign Gini. They must be fuming, more than the natural effect of their sweating man made fibre body coverings usually do that is.

• 70 Rotonda heights // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:35 PM

talking of boring b——-ds

• 71 Mister Tuff // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:36 PM

BandB – I checked out the picture special about Wijnaldum earlier on – some good photos but that bloody Wonga logo spoilt a lot of the pictures.

• 72 Noel Worst // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Either that or we’re offering Marseille Cabella in exchange for the dodgy looking part-timer (due to AFCON) N’Koulou.

Of all the CBs within reach, Van Dijk is already a cut above with the most untapped potential also, could be world-class. Would really be the final piece in the total football, front to back jig-saw.

Need to take a cold shower after that little fantasy!

• 73 BandB // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:37 PM

You win the prize.

‘Uncle” in the catholic family sense. Probably my second or third cousin in reality.
    My mother only mentioned him once….that he’d played for England.
    I have just found out about his career this morning.
    Quite a surprise.

• 74 Chaz // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:37 PM

I was at the game last night and have a few personal observations to share…

It was the first opportunity to see how the new coaching team are influencing and changing things on the pitch. This is going to take time but already it is clear that we are going to see more ‘possession’ football from now on. The opposition weren’t up to much and they packed their defensive lines.

There are a lot of players who are nowhere near fit enough at the moment – but this should improve between now and the first home game.

My motm first half was Anita. He keeps the ball flowing very well and slotted alongside Colback neatly.

We looked good going forward; particularly down the left where Sissoko and Haidara combined well. The same could not be said about the other flank. Goufran just isn’t up to it. My guess is that Wjinaldum will fit into the right midfield role.

Darlow looks a decent keeper and will easily displace Elliott as number 2. He has better and quicker distribution than Krul has ever displayed too. Good buy.

Lascelles is one big unit and will bring some power and muscle to the back four. He is very comfortable with the ball at his feet. His partner in central defence was Mike Williamson who needs to be moved on during this window. Good and Satka were both OK. Satka isn’t improving as rapidly as I’d have liked to see. Fingers crossed that better coaching improved our younger prospects more rapidly from now on.

Cisse slotted the penalty away well but De Jong was also wanting to take it. Neither had brilliant games and once again Cisse looked like he was on a different page to the rest of the team. He needs to be moved on this window IF we can get another proven striker in quickly. De Jong baffles me; he looked the most unfit player on the pitch and needs to get his mojo back quickly AND stay fit. If this can’t be achieved then he too needs to be moved on quickly to release a sizeable salary. I hope he finds that mojo!

Perez was played in a central midfield role alongside Tiote. I think he’d do a better job than Goufran but he’s still a fair way from being the finished article. Tiote has a lot of work to do on fitness levels and IF he can get back to his very best will be a ball winner that we will need. Goufran is a squad player at best but really isn’t good enough for our needs. Move him on.

We need to take a financial hit on Riviere. He was utterly hopeless again yesterday. He’s had more than enough time to prove what he can do and to be frank it isn’t much. Move him on now and replace with better.

Aarons showed the quickest feet last night and caused the most trouble to Gateshead. He is exciting but at the moment, I’m not sure hes strong enough to last for 90 minutes but could be useful to bring off the bench for the last 20 minutes to run at tired defenders.

Obertan was fast with no end product. We all know this already and his days must surely be numbered now.

Armstrong showed electric pace and his low centre of gravity reminds me of a young Michael Owen. I like this lad a lot but he probably needs the first half of the season playing in the championship week in, week out for a side that plays football the way we are clearly going to do under Macca and co.

Biggi was ok at right wing-back. He can do box to box no problem but Fergusson isn’t up to Premier League sadly and needs to go and play somewhere else because he should be in league football playing every week. Biggi probably needs to go and play league football every week too.

Overall we must have had 70-80% possession. Build up is going to be controlled and patient from now on. It will take time for this to become the embedded norm.

We fluffed 5 or 6 clear cut scoring chances. If the first couple of these had gone in then I suspect we’d have scored a bagful. I know the opposition didn’t offer anything like we’ll face once Southampton arrive but we did create those chances. De Jong was guilty twice and is massively ‘ring-rusty’.

• 75 BandB // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:38 PM

sorry nut meg…I missed off your name…

• 76 Rotonda heights // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:38 PM

tsunki

very true

I really think anita could come in to his own now. Colback is a worker but as you say really doesn’t create much at all.

I remember beattie who we haven’t heard of for in a long time raving about anita if he was in the right set up.

• 77 Noel Worst // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:38 PM

When does the Wonga deal run to?

• 78 Nufc-83 // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Hmm it’s tough but yes based on the West Ham performance Anita wins everytime but colback is much better defensively and with Gini bombing forward that may be required.

• 79 Rotonda heights // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:41 PM

Noel

how is n’kolou dodgy? hell of a player. would take him in a heartbeat for cabella who sadly just doesn’t look happy here.

• 80 Tsunki // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:41 PM

Bandb undoubtedly all those things. Another thing is the condescending approach the club takes towards it’s customers. They need to drop the SD model of ‘ no returns no refunds’ and the appalling communication with the fan base. The email news idea and the video seem to be a collaboration between the PR department on a tight remit, and the think tank of the new “board”, also within tight PR bounds of course, and it’s a start. But they have to realise the fan discontent which is now costing them money in lost ticket advances, higher player fees and bigger PR Budget and propagandising, was all brought about by their haughty and aloof approach. Someone should be employed to shake their heads and get it into them that this is also chiefly an entertainment business, and they need to play to the audience. Rant over. For now.

• 81 Noel Worst // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Chaz

You’re reading far too much in to 45mins worth of football for the players after a single week of pre-season with brand new coaching staff.

• 82 Tsunki // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:43 PM

So, Cabella is ‘injured’ , can’t go on our previous season tour, and his agent flew alone to Newcastle to hold talks with the club. Comments please.

• 83 Tsunki // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:43 PM

Pre season.

• 84 optimistic prime // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:45 PM

BandB

What you’ve said plus

Comunication with the fans and with all media, not just ff or prefered.

Wiping out the club debt in exchange for free ads so far, plus payment for any further advertising.

The club maximising all it’s revenue streams.

Singing section brought back.

The club actively involving itself with local teams including boys clubs.

To get all those I think we’d need what I really want to be happy, Ashley out.

If he does change some of thease things I dare say I could be reasonably happy, but I’d always be worrying if and when he’d revert to type and screw us over.

• 85 Chaz // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:46 PM

Noel – I probably am. Time will tell; as always! 😉

• 86 Mister Tuff // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:48 PM

chaz – decent report -fits in with my observations from last season.
    Worrying aspect is De Jong – is he unfit of just really slow.
    Would have thought with what happened last season he would have really been working on his fitness.
    But overall your report fits in exactly with my thinking from last season.

• 87 Belfast // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:48 PM

Good read Chaz.

I would stick a bet on De Jong being injured by the first game.

• 88 Tsunki // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Does anyone know if the ladies team is still ignored by NUFC and self funded ? A bit of a shocking indictment of the club that

• 89 Chaz // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:52 PM

I’m sure Macca and co. will do all they can to get De Jong back up to speed. If they can’t then again we have to take the hit and move him on / px him…

…wages won’t make this easy!

• 90 Tsunki // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:53 PM

Confirms what we all feared and looked forward to chaz. Being of a suspicious nature, no, it’s true I sometimes am, I would say DeJong does the talk but wants to walk. I think he knows he’s a long term goner, he’s taking the money. There I said it. I will be pleasantly shocked if he is a regular starter this year.

• 91 The overrated Frenchman // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:56 PM

I was crying my eyes out when we sold Cabaye? Really? I don’t remember that, but I’m pissed a lot of the time so it’s possible, although unlikely. I don’t think I ever liked him, even when I was sober. Hey Rotonda, just by the way, how long have we been “chasing” a proper centre forward and a centre back? A few years now, by my reckoning. No dice. Damn it, they cost money. We did sign Riviere, I guess, who is supposed to be a centre forward, as strange as that may seem after watching him play.

• 92 Munster Mag // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:58 PM

Interesting points being made. I agree re anita. Have always liked him . Sissoko may not fit steves possession idea so if he goes for decent money i dont mind once it is invested. I have a feeling we wont see a player cull. Riviere gouffy etc wont generate much funds and i have a feeling the manager will not want to weaken a weak squad more. Am hopeful of 3 more v good signings. I wud love to have seen cabaye here aswell . Some fans are suffering from selective memory i think.

• 93 Chaz // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:59 PM

Tsunki – that is exactly where my mind is at the moment with De Jong. He doesn’t have anything like the pace that PL requires. With more time and space in games he could be more destructive maybe?

• 94 Noel Worst // Jul 11, 2015 at 12:59 PM

Rotonda

I’ve played Football Manager too, ya’ know. Reality tells me he is vastly overrated on that game. Similar to Mbiwa in style, who I rated, but a shakier less composed version.

I really like Anita and do feel he’s suffered from not having enough players of similar mindset and footballing ethos around him, but you need at least one ball-winner in midfield and Colback is our best at that, had something like the 6 most successful tackles in the league last season and can strike a ball from the edge of the box pretty well.

Anyway, hopefully we’re hanging on to them all and rotating as befits the players fitness and the opponent.

Funny how the mood has changed from we need a complete clear-out to squad size problems, what a change in perspective can do!

Still expect Willo to move on and Colo I’m really not sure about, although given how he has no fellow countrymen here for the first time, leads me to think he’ll be on his way too as off the pitch, aside from the odd team party, he didn’t seem to mix with others from the squad. If San Lorenzo stump up a mil or 2, he’ll be gone.

Oh, man, now we have all and sundry chucking SDJ under the bus. Outta here for now.

• 95 geordiesteve520 // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:00 PM

I’m hoping that De Jong is in the Teddy Sherringham mould of slow, really quick thinker when in his pomp that negates the lack of pace. We need him to be 100% fit as he can I turn a match on his day.

• 96 Noel Worst // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:01 PM

Pace is not a pre-requisite for the PL. particularly in his position. Many of the best players in the league are what would be described as slow.

Think before you speak.

• 97 Munster Mag // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:02 PM

I dont trust de jongs body either. He looked like a pub player in terms of physique. In one game i hardly remember him touching the ball. Its all nice to hear the boys using the ball in training but fitness is paramount now, not ball skills. The fitness has to be built up early.

• 98 Chaz // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:02 PM

You could well be right Munster. I suspect that there may be some pressure to keep the wage-bill within set limits so big earners that are not performing ‘pound for pound’ need to be moved on and are the most difficult to move because of those wages!

• 99 Chaz // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:05 PM

I was thinking. It is an opinion. I don’t expect everyone to agree. It’s how discussion works isn’t it Noel? 😉

• 100 nut meg // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:05 PM

BandB
    I remember seeing when I was a young lad. He had a terrific shot on him, probably paper talk but I’v always remembered reading that he once kicked a ball so hard that he burst it.Just as well he didn’t kick your backside as a youg’un eh. Another player in that team was David Burnside who apparently could run the length of the pitch with the ball balanced on his forehead . Funny what stays in your head as a young lad.

• 101 Munster Mag // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:06 PM

We have to get de jong fit….without this we are wasting our time. The PL will expose unfit players quickly. He has ability but its nothing without a body that can stand up to the rigours. Its not about his lack of pace.

• 102 Rotonda heights // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:07 PM

munster

some non-stop pass and move drills with a ball for 20 mins per drill can be absolute killers and the best fitness you can do.

• 103 Noel Worst // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:07 PM

I’m just not a fan of sweeping statements, not quick enough for the PL is just drivel.

Oot to the pub!

• 104 Rotonda heights // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:10 PM

noel

nothing to do with football manager. my brother has a place in France and have see him a few times now. Don’t judge people by your own limits

• 105 Shot Bru // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:11 PM

Tsunki

Marseille are skint right?!?

We all know Cabella and Rivière are shite.

Swap them for their striker Michy Batshuayi

• 106 Rotonda heights // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:12 PM

over rated

i don’t think we have been linked to so many quality players are we currently are at this moment in time

• 107 BandB // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:12 PM

nut meg

I think he was from the Staffordshire end of the family.
    I don’t think I ever met him for sure. My mother’s side were spread out around the world even back then.
    I’m very pleased you saw him and remember him though.

• 108 Rotonda heights // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:13 PM

shotbru

if they’re skint they’ll want cash not players

• 109 optimistic prime // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:14 PM

The Mail is saying we want to swap Cabella for Thauvan

• 110 Shot Bru // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:16 PM

R heights

2 players for the price of 1..

• 111 nut meg // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:16 PM

BandB
    Do some more digging & I’m sure you’ll be surprised at just how good he was.Enjoy.

• 112 BandB // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:31 PM

nut meg

That Burnside story trawled up another memory of actually visiting relatives on that side of things.
    They had loads of old football annuals from the late 40’s/early 50’s (they might have been his)
    They were full of Wizard or the Wing characters from real-life who could do bizarre things with a 10-ton football.
    Modern players never seem to have that grin-and-a-Woodbine charm.

• 113 mickalfas // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:38 PM

Shot bru
    How do you pronounce that one?
    Bat-shu-a-he?

• 114 geordieboy83 // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:41 PM

Re sissoko and de jong

First up de jong was renowned for being painfully slow but made up for it with superior intelligence, so pace isnt an issue for me at all with him

Sissoko not fitting into possession style of play imo doesnt ring true. Arsenal have possession footy down to a tee but the one thing theyve always missed is that powerhouse on the pitch who when possession aint working, just gets the ball and powers through
    Sissoko —— anita
    Gini ———– de jong. ———- cabella
    ——————mitrovic———–

Perfect imo

• 115 willowdalerez // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:50 PM

Excellent Gini looks a great fit, MacLaren knows the Dutch game so probably knows a Dutchman who’ll perform in the Prem

On that lot of negatives on here about De Jong if he’s back to fitness he will perform for us… Can’t tell that from 1st season match so not worried our coaching staff should be able to figure that one out

Now striker and CB… nothing doing with Matip (and from the papers nothing ever was) so who’s our target

Think Austin will come up…. think Mitrovic will still do deal for CL team

• 116 nut meg // Jul 11, 2015 at 1:50 PM

BandB
    Ha Ha….the grin & woodbine charm, makes me think of Andy Capp.

• 117 Shot Bru // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:04 PM

Mickalfas

You pommies really struggle with pronouncing names…

• 118 Thump // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:09 PM

@Shot Bru: Of course we do, we got rid of all of our Bruces about a century ago 😉

On a more serious note: Batshuayi would be fantastic. Not prolific, but he’d bring a hell of a lot more to the team than Rivvy would.

• 119 Jib // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:10 PM

Australis Collapso – not Swan Lager – but the Aussie cricket team in Cardiff
    106-5

• 120 mickalfas // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:13 PM

Shotbru
    What about Rati Tsinamdzgvrishvili ,from FC sapovnela
    Try getting that on the back of your shirt !

• 121 Shot Bru // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:13 PM

Nice one Thump ????

What are you on about jib???

• 122 chasing_rabbits // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:14 PM

GB84 @ 113

That looks a tasty attacking set up. Glad to see you leave Cabella in there, I still believe he will come good.

On de Jong, that was his first competitive game for months, he’s still going to have some work to do until he reaches full fitness, but hopefully if he can come through pre-season unscathed and stay fit, he will be a regular each week. Mitrovic would be good to lead the line, hopefully he will sign. Not sure if we will end up with Austin or not to be honest. We need somebody who will get 15-20 goals a season though, and apart from those two I’m not sure who else we are looking at as a back up?!

As for CB, I can only see us bringing 1 in unless somebody leaves, as Lascelles has joined up with us this year so I don’t think they will bring in 2. Hopefully he has the ability to fit in at CB, the guys a unit!!

• 123 Jail for Ashley // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:15 PM

You watching it jeff or did you just google that

• 124 Jib // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:17 PM

Rati is from the village of Tsinamdzghvriantkari in the foothills around Tblisi an area famous for wrestlers

• 125 mickalfas // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:20 PM

Jib
    Googled it or did you just happen to know that lol

• 126 Shot Bru // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Jib

Do you have anything decent to contribute..or do you just Wikipedia your knowledge?

• 127 Jib // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Tsunki
    I watch everything on TV.
    I am the cline king – Sky UK Ireland Italia Deutchsland – Canal + Holland Spain France Belgium all the gulf channels I have it all.

• 128 Jib // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:27 PM

The Aussies in the crowd are putting their brollies up and waving at the umpires !

Ha ha ha

• 129 hatem786 // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:31 PM

Gini speechless 🙂

• 130 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:36 PM

Out and about today,so i cant watch England destroy the aussies. Bbc text up dates or i can use a bit of data and watch sky go i suppose. Aussies 6 down now.

• 131 Munster Mag // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:38 PM

Rotunda, you could be right. Certainly I would think our new young Scottish coach will be aware of current thinking on this. I’m really excited by his arrival and I think he’ll do far better than the other guys that we apparently approached. I was really pleased to hear that he was very impressive on the training pitch too. I think it says a lot for Steve that he chose him, because he knows he will push him , rather than some stooge older bloke who would be just a patsy.

• 132 Toon-Barmy // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:38 PM

Interesting article.

• 133 hatem786 // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:41 PM

Watch how Gini reacted when he enters at st j park;)

• 134 Munster Mag // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:46 PM

Thinking about it, how wrong many constant moaners were at the start of the summer , thankfully

1. Charva did not get the gig ( ok, tere wud have been riots…)
    2. He was removed from the place completely ( best move of the summer) …none of us reckoned that wud happen i’m sure. Long contract etc. And Stone too!
    3. McClaren is shaping up to be far better than many thought, including ED 🙂
    4. We have a potentially brilliant new young coach
    5. We have made a fantastic first signing
    6. The style and ethos of the club seems to be changing . It may be way too soon to be so optimistic on that score, but the open training session, the good fans forum meeting , the spending of €20 mill on a serious talent …..things are looking up.

i still reckon we wont sell many as the squad is small, and we will puy 2-3 more quality players. I just hope one is a centre half. I hope we keep Cisse too, a brilliant , brilliant finisher when fit.

Cabella for Thauvin ? Yes I would take that chance.

• 135 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:48 PM

The bloke is genuinely gobsmacked. Seems like a happy go lucky type of guy. I think i like him already. Seems like he wants to play here. Thats always a plus.

• 136 Ron Knee // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:49 PM

He’ll be speechless too when he sees Williamson play.

• 137 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:52 PM

Munster

You seem to have gone a long way around saying “told you so”. It’s still too early for that. It wasn’t just “Constant moaners” who thought carver would still be around, and there is still quite a few new faces needed in,and old ones out, before anyone can even think “naa naa na-naa naa” et.c.

• 138 Thump // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:56 PM

@hatem: He’s in for a let down once the rollercoaster leaves the station…

• 139 hatem786 // Jul 11, 2015 at 2:57 PM

Ron Knee

Hahahahahhahahahaha 😉 Good one hahahaha

• 140 Jail for Ashley // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:01 PM

Moaning Munster,
    Carver continuously told us that he had a job regardless of who came in !

• 141 Offkey // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:09 PM

Munster Mag – It was probably the ‘constant moaners’ that got all those things to occur………god, how stupid were they.

• 142 manxpie // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:14 PM

Good 1st signing but need at least 4 more funny how he gate crashed a wedding too
    and his name is pronounced Rye nald um btw

• 143 BandB // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:14 PM

The appeasers now complaining the tide of the war is turning in our favour.
    Priceless!

• 144 Jail for Ashley // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:23 PM

Manxpie,
    Are you on a wind up

• 145 manxpie // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:26 PM

No jail check his welcome video he says it himself

• 146 mickalfas // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Can someone explain, 408 request time

• 147 Jail for Ashley // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:31 PM

Manxpie
    You’ve misheard it

• 148 potski // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:32 PM

It’s Vy Nal Dum

• 149 beermonkey // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:34 PM

any other news on players

• 150 Noel Worst // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:36 PM

It’s probably a case of a combination of an R and W sound, not a natural sound to our UK ears, which is why there’s disagreement about what we’re all hearing, very similar to Asian languages that don’t have a distinct R or W sound, but a mix of the two.

• 151 manxpie // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:37 PM

IT’S OFFICIAL – @GWijnaldum signs for #NUFC! Full story: http://t.co/iDkcawZlBb. #WelcomeGini http://t.co/NqbxKkmDlw

• 152 Noel Worst // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:38 PM

Asian languages also do it with R and L sounds, we have a very harsh sounding language to their ears.

• 153 Jib // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:41 PM

BandB
    Nice try
    Complete fail
    The appeasers are being vindicated
    Ashley is just a wealthy guy who owns our club.
    He is not Sadaam Hussein, Hitler and Stalin rolled into one.
    You had your fun thinking your protests were having an effect but every passing day it’s becoming more obvious that McClaren has been on the radar for years.

• 154 potski // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:42 PM

FFS, they’ve got an invisible R in there!

Gini it is then.

• 155 manxpie // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:42 PM

Check the video in the second link jail and make ya own mind up

• 156 King Colback // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:47 PM

Great to have Wijnaldum on board but two questions
    1) has his number been announced?
    2) any news on Mitrovic or other players?

• 157 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Its taken 8 years to start getting anything right. I would say the “moaners” were proved right. Nothing would have happened if people had not started cancelling STs and others held off renewing them. It’s just that Mash is so pig headed it took him this long to realise/admit his way was not working.

• 158 Jail for Ashley // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:51 PM

Noel,
    It’s hardly a bloody exotic language mate, there are no silent g’s or invisible r’s or stupid hybrid Æ or Ø it is pronounced Vy nal dum

• 159 Jib // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:51 PM

King Colback
    On your point 1
    SdJ is the number 10
    They are probably waiting to see what happens with Sissoko , he is number 7

• 160 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:53 PM

Relegated once, and barely avoided it twice. It is blatantly clear who was correct. People have been saying for ages that the philosophy needs to change, otherwise we will go down again. So the people who agreed with Ashleys views on running the club so far have clearly been wring to support him.

• 161 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:54 PM

Wring = Wrong*

• 162 Rotonda heights // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:56 PM

jib

it’s obvious the protests had an effect. hence the need to employ bishop

• 163 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 11, 2015 at 3:59 PM

The angry fans brought about these apparent changes. Not the regime supporters.

• 164 Noel Worst // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:01 PM

Let’s get in touch with Jonathan Woss see what his take is on whether it’s an R or W! Always found it cruel that the speech impediment he has that prevents him making R sounds is called Rhotism 😆

• 165 Belfast // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:02 PM

I’ll stick with Dutch bloke for now.

• 166 Noel Worst // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:03 PM

A quick check, I remembered wrongly.

Rhotacism*

Still, same effect.

• 167 Noel Worst // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:04 PM

I’m going for Smiler. Never seen a bloke with such a cheery disposition.

• 168 AshSays // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:05 PM

According to the Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad, Anderlecht want €18M for Mitrovic and Newcastle only offered €16.5M.

• 169 BandB // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Jib

For years people have argued that Ashley was untouchable. He laughed in the face of fans. Some like you actually seemed to enjoy that thought.
    They asked for nothing and got nothing.
    The pressure mounts and he goes scurrying to hire a crisis management consultant and onto the TV to make promises I and others insisted he be forced to keep.
    We have signed a very good player and I feel vindicated.
    We need four more.
    You wanted us to sign nobody.
    What is there for you to be “I told you so-ing about?’

• 170 Macas // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:06 PM

I’m not sure either the angry fans or the regime supporters made that much difference to Ashley’s thinking. They have obviously been after McClaren for a while and they announced even before the protests that mistakes had been made and they needed to spend big this summer. Ashley doesn’t want the club to be relegated and we came far too close last season. The protests might have had some influence on him, but not a grea deal I suspect.

• 171 BandB // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:06 PM

We could call him Bob.
    Sounded Wob.

• 172 Jib // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Noel Worst
    A piece of useless knowledge not googled.
    Did you know that the folk of Northumberland roll their “r”s because Harry Hotspur had that speech defect and in his day he was Sting Shearer and Ant and Dec all rolled into one.
    So everyone imitated his speech

• 173 bettyswallocks // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Jail……. I thought it was pronounced why nal dum The j is pronounced as a Y in Dutch

• 174 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:10 PM

BandB

Probably wasting your time. He’s like that Comical Ali from the second Iraq war. Claiming things were not happening, while they actually happened behind him in camera shot! It’s fultile debating with someone who can roundly be proved wrong, and still claim a victory.

• 175 BandB // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:11 PM

Jib

He certainly was.
    The most famous living Geordie there has ever been.

• 176 Jib // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:11 PM

Do you roll your “r”s ?
    Only when Ahh’m rrrunning
    (Ashington joke)

• 177 GEORDIE69 // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:14 PM

Just 8 more to gan now and a capable squad. Howayyyyyyy
    GK Krul
    GK Darlow
    GK Elliot (3rd choice only)
    RB Janmaat
    CF
    CF
    CF Cisse
    CF Perez

• 178 Noel Worst // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:17 PM

Jib

A two-headed singing sportsman? Remarkable.

• 179 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:20 PM

i don’t think mitrovic will be coming . it seems like we are the last resort if Porto & Roma don’t up their bid.

if he’s a success he’ll be off after 1 season.

• 180 Mister Tuff // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:23 PM

I would have thought our famous and internationally renowned Modern European Languages Lecturer ( also known as Jeff/Jib) would have entered the Dutch W pronounciation debate and perhaps given advice on Dutch phonetics and labiodental approximants.
    He must be busy preparing his lectures and/or marking exam papers.
    Wat een vilder!

• 181 mickalfas // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:31 PM

Geordie69
    If NUFC can get a dispensation to use the rugby goalposts all season and not just for the rugby world cup ,Riviere could be on the list

• 182 Jib // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:31 PM

Call me stupid if you want

We have plenty of potentially good young strikers at the club who just need a season or two .
    Why not go for an EPL journeyman striker like Drogba or that ilk who will be good for one more season and at the same time teach a lot to the kids.

Van Persie may have even been worth a punt

• 183 SuperShearer // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:34 PM

@Jib, we can’t afford Van Persie or Drogba’s wages. Not even close. Plus there’s not sell on value therefore Ashley doesn’t even give it a second thought.

• 184 Jib // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:37 PM

SuperAl
    Just checked it out
    Didn’t realise RvP was on £10 million pa

• 185 mickalfas // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:39 PM

Ilt8788
    I agree that we seem to be his last resort ,could the club get round it by putting a massive release clause in his contract
    If he won’t sign the contract,don’t bother with him

• 186 GEORDIE69 // Jul 11, 2015 at 4:54 PM

mickalfas – Even then mate, I wouldn’t be so sure.

• 187 Tsunki // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:07 PM

Sorry BandB but I wish I could get your Wile E Coyote observation out of my head, every time jeff pops up I laugh aloud because I get these mental images of exploding rockets, boulders rolling and catapults malfunctioning etc… I’m usually asked what Im Earth I’m laughing about, and have to make something up. 😀

• 188 Mister Tuff // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:08 PM

Always happy to oblige Jib/jeff – you’re stupid.

• 189 Zangwill_Ho // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:11 PM

Aleksandar Mitrovic doesn’t want to come then don’t buy him.

• 190 SuperShearer // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:13 PM

NUFC Stats ?@NUFC_Stats 2m2 minutes ago
    According to Sky Italia, Aleksandar Mitrovic has reached an agreement with Newcastle United #NUFC

• 191 Jib // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:18 PM

Tsunki
    What a coincidence
    I’m often asked why I laugh out loud.
    Unlike you I don’t lie to my family.
    I tell them that there is a circle of posters on this blog that text each other and they go like “Whaaaat?” then they laugh too.

• 192 Offkey // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:21 PM

Haha, Jib pretends he has a family as well

• 193 Tsunki // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:23 PM

Jib I make something up not tell lies. I’m I tell identify enough to do that and Google will not come to your aid on that.

And by telling your family that you go on a blog to be ridiculed by others who apparently text each other you achieve two things – you look pathetic, and you lie.

• 194 Toon-Barmy // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:24 PM

Here are a few notes I compiled for an article I was working on, thought some people might find them interesting:

Newcastle United: The Premier League in Numbers.

Since the 1993/94 season, Newcastle United have competed in 21 seasons of Premier League football.

In those 21 seasons they have finished in the top half of the table on 10 occasions.

They have finished in the top six on 8 occasions.

Complete rundown of final Premier League positions:
    12th – 2 times
    13th – 3 times
    14th – 1 time
    15th – 1 time
    16th – 1 time
    17th – Never
    18th – 1 time (Relegated)
    19th – Never
    20th – Never

FA CUP Record since 93/94:

Exited at 3rd Round – 8 times
    Exited at 4th Round – 6 times
    Quarter Finals – 3 times
    Semi Finals – 2 times
    Final – 2 times (No wins)

League Cup Record since 93/94:

Exited at 3rd Round – 8 times
    Exited at 4th Round – 9 times
    Exited at 5th Round – 4 times
    Quarter Finals – Never
    Semi Finals – Never
    Final – Never

• 195 Tsunki // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:25 PM

Well speaking of wile E., that blew up in my face ha ha, it should read I’m intelligent enough…oh well better call Acme 🙂

• 196 Jib // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:26 PM

Offkey
    I have quite a large family thanks
    Give my regards to your mum and this weeks “uncle”

• 197 Jail for Ashley // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:28 PM

Jeez Jib,
    You want to stop lying to yourself. How was your vigil ?

• 198 Tsunki // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:28 PM

Jeff that Budgets a bitch all right. How’s your large family gonna come now ha ha

• 199 beermonkey // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:29 PM

toon barmy

we made the quarters of the league cup
    we were smashed 4 0 by spurs

• 200 Tsunki // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:29 PM

Cope now dammit this phone!

• 201 Tsunki // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:33 PM

Just going back on topic for a minute, you never hear people talking about currants these days do you? I remember when they were all the rage, currants. They were everywhere. Couldn’t get stirred for them some days. Currants. Bless ’em.

• 202 Jib // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:36 PM

FFS
    Tsunki
    It’s only a football blog kidda
    Look in the mirror and give yourself a shake
    Do you really want to be mocking folk on benefit ?
    Get some sense of perspective man

• 203 welshgeordie9 // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Wow ganging up again, i don’t know some people.

Tut tut tut

• 204 welshgeordie9 // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Reguarding Mitrovic, if he and his agent are waiting for other teams to come in and bid for him, how long have we got to wait for his answer, for all we know no club might not come in for him.

• 205 welshgeordie9 // Jul 11, 2015 at 5:50 PM

I can’t see us signing anymore players.

previous post: Newcastle Tracking Top Dutch Defender