Wijnaldum – Newcastle Are Beautiful People – I Already Feel At Home

Georginio Wijnaldum has been interviewed by Press Association Sport, and he has said one of the reasons he signed on at Newcastle is the club showed very early on that they were very interested in him.

He’s also said he needs to learn some of that Geordie dialect – so he also seems a sensible lad.

🙂

georginio wijnaldum

Georginio Wijnaldum – Newcastle are beautiful people

The 24 year-old 19 times capped Dutch International is the first signing in the reign of Steve McClaren, and it’s the 3rd biggest fee in Newcastle’s history and thought to be around ÂŁ14.5M.

Wijnaldum has signed a five-year deal and this is what he has told PA Sport:

“I’m feeling great because when I came to the club everyone was really kind, beautiful people and I’m already feeling at home,” “I have a lot of confidence that I can make the fans happy and that’s what I want to do.”

“I think I can bring goals and passion also, as I work hard and always want to do my best.” “Even if it looks like we’re not going to win I always try to find a solution to win games. I’m a fighter.”

“Newcastle showed very early they were interested in me,” “In the negotiations they showed good things and that’s why I chose them.” “I’ve spoken to someone who speaks a little bit of Geordie – but I must learn more!”

Georginio isn’t just a great guy and a first class player,  but he also has good leadership skills, and for the last two years he was captain of PSV.

So he could well be a future captain of Newcastle, and it will be interesting in pre-season if McClaren changes the captaincy – but we think he will keep Colo as captain for the  last year of his contract.

With Siem de Jong, the former Ajax captain also at Newcastle, Steve could take a close look at both players this season,  to see who could take over from Colo next summer.

Both Dutchmen are skillful and will offer real leadership on and off the filed, and that’s something we were missing big time last season.

What do you think?

• Jib

Jul 11, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Tuffty Duck
    G Wijnaldum = G widdy

• check the toastie

Jul 11, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Unsure about whether siem dejong is the real deal, I actually think Perez may warrant his place at some point this season. Hes clever but lacks pace, Jon Dahl Thomason I reckon..

• Tsunki

Jul 11, 2015 at 6:43 PM

I’m sure mitrovic could get fitted for a decent beer coat to keep the chill of the north east at bay.

• Jib

Jul 11, 2015 at 6:44 PM

He’s singing the praises now
    However tonight on the quayside could change everything
    He’s staying in the Gateshead Hilton

• Belfast

Jul 11, 2015 at 6:46 PM

Munster in all fairness we’ve signed one player. We’ve spent the last 7-8 years hoaking the bins outside asda. Everyone is pleased with this signing, but one swallow doesn’t make a summer.

When you’ve been repeatedly let down you tend to have a negative view. It’s just the way it is.

I’ll join you on the positive train if we make some more good signings.

Chu chu !

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 11, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Can anybody remember jeff from benwell, a vile character whose username was a direct pi$$ take from a guy with severe learning difficulties, anybody who takes the pi$$ out of someones affliction needs to have a look in the mirror and give their head a shake.

• Belfast

Jul 11, 2015 at 6:49 PM

Be nice if the next signings where defenders. The only way we’ll get the Serbian bloke is if the other two clubs don’t want him imo.

• King Colback

Jul 11, 2015 at 6:51 PM

It is fantastic we have Wijnaldum on board but we still need around 4/5 more players to be competitive next season

• Jib

Jul 11, 2015 at 6:52 PM

Jail for Ashley
    Yeah before I posted (I’m along time reader – recent poster ) I saw that character.
    I think he may have been a mackem !!!!!!

• Mister Tuff

Jul 11, 2015 at 6:52 PM

jail – the vile fellow will not have time to look in the mirror – he’ll be telling his family about his vile “jokes” – he’s just told us so.
    Clearly a scumbag.

• Graeme

Jul 11, 2015 at 6:53 PM

If Ashley is serious, then Collo will be spending most of his time on the bench – not much use as a captain in those circumstances.

We need a much better CB pairing – without Collo, Willo and Saylor, 2 or all 3 could be sold this window.

• Belfast

Jul 11, 2015 at 6:53 PM

Should add by hoaking the bins outside asda I mean bargain basement buys 4,5,6, million while the “big” teams like Swansea and West Ham sign the 14 million players.

• honest fan

Jul 11, 2015 at 6:55 PM

Think we should stop chasing this player mitrovic his heart is clearly elsewhere which is no problem just think we are wasting our time I think Javier hernandez is a really good shout think he would fit in well with what we have and are moving towards plus he would be hungry to prove United and all overs that he had what it takes

• Our Toon

Jul 11, 2015 at 6:56 PM

Jail

Jeff used to think Brazil was a club team, wonder what Jib thinks of this

• BandB

Jul 11, 2015 at 6:59 PM

For Munster Mag.
    Please note the date

BandB // Mar 24, 2015 at 5:16 PM

Lindy,

Sorry, I missed your earlier post in response to one of mine.

I agree. I think if that was rendered as a schematic, point three would lead by arrow back to point one.

However, I don’t think we will sign no-one in the summer.

I think this is the middle window in a process that started last summer and will be completed in summer 2016 (now, where have I heard that date before?)

And I think it will be just like last summer.

I think we will sign six. We will possibly announce these early in the window, creating a huge burst of optimism, as it did last summer.

Four will be similar to those signed last year and include two to three good uns’, at similar cost. We may also see two signings similar to the Forest lads…signed and loaned back. Perhaps these two Charlton kids will be this year’s model?

The club, the Chronicle, and Ed, will count the Forest lads as new signings, bringing the “headline” total to eight.

This will temporarily more than negate the preceding Night of The Long Knives Carver already has hinted at, when almost everyone who is out of contract will be dispatched. Just like last summer.

The idea that we have replaced eight “deadwood” players with eight exciting new talents (sic) will be very popular, and much told-you-so-ing on the blog will ensue, as it did last summer.

Then, as the window nears its close, a new round of outgoings will start, as the club seeks to make the window at least pay for itself. This will hurt. Really hurt, and cause great bewilderment to fans who just “never saw it coming.” Just like last summer.

I predict two things. One is that the squad will be numerically weaker at the beginning of the new season this will quickly become clear. Just like last summer.

The other is that Boy Done Good will vanish, and be quickly replaced with a new poster making the same arguments all over again. Just like last summer.

• honest fan

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:03 PM

Boom lol

• Dai

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:04 PM

We should pursue Mitrovic aggressively and with urgency. We have the money and should push our position. This press-spread “he doesn’t want to come” is obvious. Obviously he would prefer CL footy. However, if he signs for us then we have a class striker with a high price on his head. Either goals or money. I know this is Ashley accounting but perfect for the team. Let’s just do the flaming deal and suck it and see.

• Our Toon

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:05 PM

Dai

Spot on buddy

• Dai

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:06 PM

Charlie Austin is out No.2 target. Hence the delay and pursuit of Mitrovic.

• Belfast

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:07 PM

I think Hernandez has broken his collarbone honest fan.

• BandB

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Dai,

If we meet the asking price, there’s less wriggle room.

• overtheline

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Just get this feeling that Wij is going to be a real Toon hero – he’s the real deal as a player and seems as genuine a person as Anita. Also shows how SM is viewing the side and how much influence he has had with the boss already. Two or three more players in this class and we’ll be everyone’s second favourite team again.

• Jib

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:08 PM

BandB
    You are one sad and lonely lady
    Ever thought of trying Bingo ?
    Just a thought like

• Toonfan8

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Mitrovic is best suited for Mc Claren style, it is obvious, that he want tall and strong striker there, so with 189cm and his power, he is suited to style of play we want to play under SM…he would be class here, everybody would love him here

• overtheline

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Dai

Much to be said for being pushy about Mitrovic. It might convicnve him we really want hi here and that if he does come to SJP we might even be pushing for CL places in a year or two – and in any case his value will skyrocket if he can deliver in this league. Roma maybe a good challenge but will he prove much in Portugal ?

• Jib

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Ricky Ponting on the Sky Ashes summarising team looks like he wishes the ground would open up and swallow him.
    Hard to feel sorry for an Aussie sportsman like.

• overtheline

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Back to being snide Jeff ?

• BandB

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Jib,

Would you like to count how many times you have posted today?
    Compared to me or anyone else.
    Just a thought like.

• Tsunki

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Jeff at 24 is exactly why you are so cruelly picked on.

• Tsunki

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:14 PM

However jeff at 27 I would agree with you wholeheartedly, they waste little opportunity to gloat.

• Toonfan8

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:14 PM

starting line up for me
    janmaat,??????,?????,haidara
    …….anita…………wijnaldum…
    sissoko….de jong……..perez
    …………..?????????……………..
    ………………………………………..
    CB…Matip/Abdennour,/Veltman/Nkoulou
    but two must gone and its Willo and Collo
    SC…Mitrovic/Austin….
    it is a nice line up set for nice football…three more players and we really will look strong

• honest fan

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:16 PM

Just see that myself Belfast lol

• honest fan

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:17 PM

Maybe scrap that one then

• Tsunki

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:18 PM

Currants. Whatever happened to them?

• Jib

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:18 PM

BandB
    It is not the length of time on the blog that makes you sad
    It is the scouring of past posts back to March to prove a petty point
    sad sad sad

• overtheline

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:18 PM

Another two footed tackle Jeff ?

• Belfast

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:22 PM

All the currants where eaten.

• Our Toon

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:23 PM

Overtheline

If he went to Porto he’d be following in the footsteps of Falcao, Hulk, Jackson Martinez. They haven’t done to bad from plying there trade in Portugal….its a bigger stage for him to get a massive move

• Belfast

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:23 PM

Danish bloke with the funny hair took the last bowl