Signing This Striker Will Make It Easier To Get Charlie Austin

Juts like Newcastle signing top Dutch midfielder Georginio  Wijnaldum yesterday will make it a bit easier to persuade Aleksandar Mitrovic to sign for us – then if we do manage to get the 20 year-old to sign for Newcastle – it will make it that much easier to then sign Charlie Austin.

The latest news on Mitrovic is that his parents are in Newcastle talking to club officials about the potential move of their son.

Aleksandar Mitrovic

Aleksandar Mitrovic – Newcastle talking to parents about the move

Don’t  forget the lad is still only 20,  so it’s important that Newcastle show they will take care of him and that he has a great chance of being on the world stage playing in the Premier League – with the games being televised live around the world.

If we do get this youngster through the door,  then that will be a shock to us first of all – we thought bigger clubs than Newcastle would be in for him.

But if he is signed – and that’s still an if – then it will make it easier to sign some of our other top targets like Charlie Austin,  because it will show that Mike Ashley was serious when he said he would give some big money to Lee Charnley and the Board to bring in top players this summer.

That was after we only just survived the drop last season in that very last game – which would have been an absolute disaster for Newcastle United.

Charlie Austin has recently talked about a potential move,  but is giving nothing away:

“What’s going on back at home is for other people to worry about,” “That’s for Les Ferdinand, Chris Ramsey, my agent and Tony Fernandes to sort out.¨

“For me, I’m here to get my head down and work as hard as I can, hopefully play in a couple of games whilst I’m out here and prepare for Charlton on the 8th.¨

“Until I’m told otherwise, I’m a QPR player and I’m preparing for the Championship next year, and if I’m told otherwise, then so be it.”

Newcastle have also been linked with 22 year-old Stuttgart center-back Antonio Rudiger, who has already played  6 times for Germany, and is one of the top youngsters playing in the Bundesliga.

Perhaps this 6ft 3ins defender is one of the players we are busy trying to sign right now?

Getting Mitrovic in shortly after Wijnaldum would also help to sell whatever season tickets are still available at the club.

The news in the Chronicle today is that Ashley has given £60M to the Newcastle Board to spend on players to improve the squad this summer.

Departures may also happen, but it looks like Newcastle are being sensible and want to get their top signings in before letting any players – maybe Cheick Tiote, Fab Coloccini and Haris Vukcic – leave the club.

Finally, Georginio Wijnaldum seems to have quickly become Newcastle’s main cheerleader and says that last season was disappointing but an exception and this season we have to qualify at least for the Europa League.

• Ron Knee

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:16 PM

I see all the US matches are in the middle of the night. How convenient!

• Bambams

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:24 PM

I appreciate he is only 20 and he will be taking loads of advice as well as his parents who will be asking questions.
    I just worry a little that he does not want to sign for us, maybe the reports about this from the press were misleading and he can’t wait to sign.
    I just want players who want to be here like Wini !
    Had enough of our Remy or Cabaye or Debuchy ….

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:25 PM

Expat

Oh i have no doubt Oz will come back stronger on thursday, but many had england to get whitewashed again. I am enjoying the moment.

• expatmag

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:25 PM

Jib

As I dont speak the lingo, what is the point if posting that link?

• expatmag

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:26 PM

YCMIU

A big surprise to us too.

• mickalfas

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:27 PM

I can’t see why Austin needs to be persuaded, I can’t see the big clubs rolling the red carpet out for him
    We must be a decent club for him ,didn’t he nearly sign for Hull
    Don’t get me wrong ,I’d be a happy man if him and Mitrovic both signed on
    Then Cisse can go to Qatar or wherever, age is not on his side

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:30 PM

expat,
    He thinks it makes him look clever and cosmopolitan by posting links to different languages, while everyone knows he’s just a sad barsteward with a search engine.

• expatmag

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:30 PM

Mick

Agree with you there. If we signed Mitrovic, I would think it would be quite the reverse with Austin.

• Ron Knee

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:31 PM

expatmg
    And the link is nearly a day old.

• expatmag

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:32 PM

JFA

Ahh well, it takes all sorts, I suppose

• expatmag

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:33 PM

Ron

Never got as far as the date……lol

• switch365

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:34 PM

So it looks like that photo of someone outside SJP which some were saying was Mitrovic and others said couldn’t be cause he didn’t have a mohawk, was in fact his brother checking the place out.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:34 PM

My take on the CL reference in that interview was that it was a very clever manipulation of the words ‘Champions League” to get people talking and diffuse the potential for ugly scenes after the match. There is no doubt that a message of intent to do somethi g was given but there were no real benchmarks.

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:39 PM

Jazzy
    Don’t worry I’m not going there 🙂

• nut meg

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:40 PM

• Ron Knee

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:44 PM

nut meg
    Mitrovic’s brother is seen posing with Williamson’s legendary no. 6 shirt (well, almost)!

• nut meg

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:53 PM

Ron
    I hope he takes it away with him………….while Willo’s still wearing it !

• AmeriToon

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Very excited for the game on Tuesday. Driving 5 or 6 hours to Milwuakee to see my first Toon game ever. Hope the lads don’t dissapoint!

• Slank

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:06 PM

expatmag @ 9

I can see us buying Mitrovic or Austin but not both.

Given that the lad is only 20 years old I can understand his parents, especially his dad who appears to be closely involved with his son’s career, wanting to suss out things on Tyneside. It’s only natural.

• Toonfan8

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:09 PM

Charnley has to complete this deal for Mitrovic, we will mean bussines then. Two of the hottest prospects in Europe…then we have to sort CB position Abdennour/Rudiger/Veltman/Matip…at least one of them has to come, two and we will be very strong next season…Willo has to go out and if we will have 2 new CB then Collo as well…

• Toonfan8

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:10 PM

and these CB are as I see them from top target to last one, for me personally…

• JDdubai

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:11 PM

Buying mitrovic will mean we dont get Austin.

Both will want guarantees to be playing every week, with us most likely only starting with 1 up front then no way they will both sign. Austin is the backup option to Mitrovic, think thats why it cooled on Austin when it became clear we actually had a fairly good chance to get Mitrovic here.

1 of these will sign and that will be it for CFs unless Cisse goes, then we get replacement but not someone at Mitrovic’s level.

• nut meg

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:12 PM

AmeriToon
    Well done to you travelling the 5/6 hours to see the toon. Your must remember that we’re just back to training so we aren’t up to speed yet,also we’ll more than likely use a lot of players to give them much needed game time. Enjoy

• BandB

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:12 PM

I can well believe McClaren when he says the negotiations with Mitrovic and his family are delicate.
    But in terms of impact this double signing would make as a statement of ambition to the players we have and to others we want to attract, it is well worth the time and effort.
    Softlee softlee catchee monkey.

• Mister Tuff

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:14 PM

Re Mitrovic – is surely is just a matter of time before they announce his signature -with his agent and family on Tyneside (apparently) to me it looks like he’s going to sign.
    With him and Wijanldum signed up -shows goos intent to the fans and the football world generally. However, their talents will be wasted until the other gaping holes in the team are suitably fixed. So far – note so far – going in the right direction.

• lesh

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:18 PM

It’d make sense to persuade Mitro’s parents to move to Newcastle too. I’m sure we could afford to find a house for them and maybe Mitro might like to move in with them and they could make sure he’s looked after – making sure he’s tucked up in bed having had his supper like a good little boy!

• Toonfan8

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:20 PM

if we sign him I would like to see a trio upfront
    aarons—mitrovic—perez…….
    i see a lot of potential in them, anybody remember liverpool trio of:
    sterling—suarez—sturridge
    they played great football with them upfront

• Noel Worst

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Anybody that thinks we’ll sign Mitrovic and Austin, even if we sell Cisse, isn’t doing anything for the deluded Geordie stereotype.

• Rotonda heights

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:20 PM

not really fussed on austin, especially if mitrovic comes but rudiger would be massive

• AmeriToon

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:25 PM

Nut meg
    I’m not expecting much of a performance since it’s only the second game. But it’s still exciting to see all the players in person. I got second row seats and I’ll be wearing my Sissoko jersey (pre-Wonga) hopefully I can get a chance for him to sign it.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Nowl Worst,
    Only people that sneer at us think we are deluded.
    Rotonda,
    What a signing that German kid would be, would gladly see Collo terminate his contract to bring two decent CB’S in.

• lesh

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:28 PM

Slank

Maybe Mitro’s dad might like to accompany him to the Quayside or the Bigg Market?

That’d be nice as his dad could see just how welcoming some of the Tyneside gals can be!

• Jib

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:32 PM

Expat et al
    How very rude
    You asked where the rumours about Veltman came from.
    So I obliged with a link.
    I’m sure whether you speak the lingo or not , you can read Veltman in the same sentence as Newcastle United.
    (That maybe a bit beyond Jail mind )

• lesh

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:33 PM

Ameritoon

No Wonga on your Sissoko top? What a shrewd buy you made!

I’m sure Sissoko’d sign it if you can get near him and maybe some of the other lads might sign it too.

I’d be a scoop if you could get all 24 players’ signatures and maybe McClaren might oblige too.

Safe journies to Milwaukee and back and we all hope you enjoy the game.

• nut meg

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:33 PM

AmeriToon
    I would imagine the players will be hovering about signing autographs etc so you’ve a good chance of getting him to sign your shirt.Send in a report after you come back down to planet earth there’s a good man.

• lesh

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:35 PM

Eeeeh Jib

I bet everyone wishes they were as clever as you….. And Jeff and Jane and whoever else you add to your menagerie!

• will die for the toon army

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:39 PM

Austin might b scared ti come wen Mitrovic comes. Its all got quite on Aymen front. If its age I go for Rudiger.
    Buy:
    3. Vikic – 3m
    4. Cisse – 8m
    5. Cheik – 6m
    6. Willo – 1m
    25.5m

NET SPENT – 24.5m.

Mike is smart still remains with something in the bank. And will have a better squad.

• Our Toon

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:40 PM

Ashley out!!

Sorry but I’m not fickle like the others, 1 bloody signing and you lot change your tune very quick lol. Years of mismanagement, we need at least 7 other signings which will take us to the next level and remove some of the old guard before we all start rejoicing and giving out the pats on the back.

All it costs to buy hack your loyalty is 1 14m signing!! That’s why he bought us

• Our Toon

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:42 PM

No thanks on Austin, found it funny a few threads back NUFC 83 wanted rid of Cisse and bring in Austin because cisse offers nothing to the team other than goals, sorry but goals win you games. Austin failed to keep QPR up, Cisse succeeded in keeping the toon up.

Mitrovic and Cisse then move onto the defence.