The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

We’ll Learn A Lot About Ourselves On This US Trip

4:23 pm, Monday, July 13th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 167 Comments

Newcastle assistant coach Paul Simpson thinks the players will learn a lot about themselves on this trip to the US, and since all the coaches are new at the club – they will learn a lot about the players and about themselves too.

The club’s last  trip stateside in 2011 was exhausting but a good one, and it preceded our best finish in the Premier League since 2004, when the great Sir Bobby Robson was still the manager.

We finished 5th and just missed out on a Champions League place, and hopefully this will also be followed by a very good season for Newcastle – we need it!

Paul simpson Steve McClaren

Paul Simpson and Steve McClaren – it’s thinking time

This is what Paul has said on the Newcastle web-site today:

“I think it’s always important to get everybody together so we can learn to live with each other, because during a football season the players probably spend more time with the rest of the group than they do with their own family.”

“You don’t have to be best friends with each other, but you’ve got to respect each other, and you’ve got to have an understanding of what ticks the boxes for each other.”

“That’ll be really important through the season so on this trip away, 11 days or whatever it might be, being in hotels together, a lot of travelling together, being involved in games, being involved in training situations in a different environment; it’s how they all deal with it.”

“We’ll learn things about the players and I’m quite sure they’ll learn stuff about the staff as well – what we like and what we don’t like.”

“The whole process is evolving at the moment. We’re learning lots about each other and hopefully it’ll lead to us having an enjoyable season.”

On this trip we are interested to see how our five central defenders will perform in the games, with Fab Coloccini, Mike Williamson, Steven Taylor, Jamaal Lascelles and Curtis Good all in the squad.

How those five play could determine whether it’s only one center-back brought in this summer, and if we still look dodgy at the back, McClaren will probably want two top central defenders brought in.

Team spirit is so important at any club,  and that needs to be repaired after the disasters that happened earlier this year.

It was so bad it was almost unbelievable.

I’m getting a pain in my arm just thinking about it, so I’ll end it here.

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Pre-season · Premier League · Tour

167 responses so far ↓

• 1 toon kk // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:26 PM

They don’t need to go to America to find out how poor they are.

• 2 Transfer Sage // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:27 PM

On charlie Austin he is definitely worth 15mil.

He scored goals last year in a poor team, he should get goals for us. If he is a player that McClaren wants then we should offer 15mil and be done.

He could sign a 5 year deal taking him to 31 and then the transfer fee is only 3mil a year in theory (obviously paid up front). That’s good value for a proven player.

If the club honesty believe we will still get him and at a lower price by waiting then fair enough, if they are gambling and being tight then it’s not good enough. Guess we can’t know for sure.

• 3 Graeme // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:28 PM

Re Mitrovic – –

50 seconds in Question “who is your fav club and what league?

Ans “Newcastle in the english league”

• 4 optimistic prime // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:30 PM

Austin didn’t stand out in a Qpr team set up for him, his goals for was impressive but every other stat was shite.
    Passing etc very poor.

He should be 3rd or 4th choice on our list, he won’t improve NUFC in any way and would be 2nd fiddle to Cisse.

Hes so good there’s a que to sign him, oh wait….. I wonder if many actually watched him play when I read their comments.

The Mitrovich deal won’t happen over night, of course there’ll be noises saying he prefers this and that, he wants the best deal and assurances like anyone else. IMO the reason it’s dragging out is the work permits etc yet people would prefer to beleive he doesn’t want to come.

I beleive he does want to come and it’s quite close, why else would his family and agents be here. Wouldn’t they be visiting Rome or elsewhere if that’s where he was likely to go?

We’ll be working on visas whilst his club tries to work a extra few quid.

You me and we would have plenty to say if we’d agreed a fee agreed terms with the player but then couldn’t get a visa.

I’d rather we tried for quality like Mitrovich and failed than sign poor options like Austin because they’re British.

Even if Mitrovich didn’t sign I still wouldn’t touch Austin.

• 5 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:33 PM

Graeme

Id love that to be true, but since the questions and answers were all serbian until that point,i suspect it was just words that sounded a bit like “Newcastle in english league” 😀

• 6 RooneyToons // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:35 PM

@croftus5678

Richards is far to much of a risk with his injury record and high wages. Absolutely guaranteed to miss half the season at least and he’s nowhere near as fast as he used to be… its a shame as he could of been a massive star in the Prem and for England.
    I saw an interview with him on sky sports news last week and he said his legs aren’t what they used to be and he’s only like 26-27.

As for centre backs I’m really not sure as it depends if Colos leaving… Matip, Veltman and Rudiger play like him stepping forward to intercept the ball its too risky to have 2 CBs like that so maybe N’Koulou rings true but he’s not exactly a beast.
    As for Abdennour I doubt he’d come and his agent is trying his hardest to pimp him out to all the champions league teams.

I actually think Ashley Williams would make a good signing with one of the above we’re always linked with him and have definitely scouted him a lot… proven in the premiership too and maybe would like a new challenge at a bigger club

• 7 Munster Mag // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:35 PM

You cudnt make it up…..I’m not having a go at you as such. We all want improvement but there were guys on here screaming at the start of the summer that we would keep Carver and sign nobody of note. Also that McCalraen would be awful. So far none of the above has shown to be correct. As such those guys are WRONG so why cant they just hang in there and judge when they have more information. Personally I think we may have turned a small corner in terms of our approach as a club. Of course I could be all wrong but we are in a far better position than we were a couple of months ago.

• 8 archaeomag // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:36 PM

At least they have recognised that football is a team game and that they should play as a team; have they been on a special training course or did someone at the club buy a book on sport?

“They need what vee in vootball call team spirit – that is the secret that vee great mangers know , later vee vill talk to the playors about the ball….

• 9 EllaGuru // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:38 PM

Optimistic Prime,

While I agree with you that Mitrovich would be significant upgrade on our current strikeforce, and indeed a significant upgrade on Austin, I think your are being slightly harsh on the lad.
    He played the No. 9 role for QPR (a god-awful team) yet still managed to score something like 18 goals last season. I would not pay too much attention to his passing stats. The lethargy in that QPR side meant for the most part he was doing things on his own. What matters more is his ability to hold-up the ball, and encourage others into the game. Also his willingness to work the channels was evident last season.

Again, I would rather Mitrovich, but if Austin signs up, I am not going to complain.

Also, despite what Ed seems to think, it is either one or the other. There is no way in the world we are going after two 15M+ rated forwards. Lets be reasonable here!

• 10 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:39 PM

Graeme,
    Is that actually what he says? I heard Newcastle and English league, but he could have been asking any question for all I know!

I think it is more to do with the clubs not quite agreeing the terms of the transfer, as has been reported in a few papers recently. Zahavi has said a contract has been agreed.

Mitrovic may well be thinking if the club aren’t willing to shell out the extra bit of cash for me then maybe they don’t want me that much and Porto/Benfica/Roma may be a better option.

None of us really know, so for people to be criticising Mitrovic is just crazy. The closest to an official statement by someone in the employment of either club and/or player says he has agreed terms. Zahavi was quoted with saying that by numerous sources, which puts the onus on the club, or immigration and visa status.

Mitrovic over Austin every time for me.

• 11 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Munster

Yeah i agree many shat all over SM before he even landed.

I also agree it APPEARS a small corner has been turned.

Many were wrong about Carver staying, me included, but i don’t think it was unreasonable for us to pre-emptively complain and shout about it because of Jabbas record up to that point. I also think a lot of the shouting and complaining towards the end of the season was justified, and i honestly think that, without it, jabba would not have made the apparent changes. People are waiting now, jabba has bought himself more time, but the pressure from our end should not drop or he might think he has done enough. I dont see it as moaning.

• 12 Tsunki // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:43 PM

Hello Ian Toon. Double act with Tsunki? What’s that all about? Did I spill your pop? Anyway thanks for recommending I need a new scriptwriter but if you’re suggesting I hire yours that’s a No. Thanks. I was going to suggest professional jealousy, but judging by the calibre of that joke I won’t.

• 13 Offkey // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:46 PM

Munster – ‘once bitten twice shy’ means nothing to you then. Suppose these common sayings mean nothing and that it is in fact much more common sense to believe whatever someone tells you, no matter what lies or contradictory behaviour they have previously shown.

• 14 RooneyToons // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:46 PM

optimistic prime

Totally Agree on Austin 1 season doesn’t make a man and his general play is sub standard + a lot of his goals were tap ins or standard finishes …. as for being in a bad team they were bad but they weren’t a defensive team by any mean (scoring more goals than teams above them including us and only 4 less than Swansea in 8th)

Mitrovic is such an exciting talent and I believe he’s already a much better player than Austin… his performances away against Arsenal and Dortmund say a lot where he bossed Mertasacker and Hummels two powerful defenders…. he’s a monster who’s much more of a handful than Austin and He’s a natural finisher to boot

SIGN HIM UPPPP

• 15 Tsunki // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:48 PM

Martoon, yes I know about the intricacies of visa requirements only too well ha ha. I wasn’t suggesting that he could use his Belgian visa here like an EC Multipass. No – I just mean that his professional status shouldn’t make it any harder to work here and have the relevant permit. I just can’t see that being much of a biggie. Getting into the USA might be different though given the time and anything he might have been up to in the past, if anything 😉

• 16 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:48 PM

Graeme
    Where did you find that
    Is it genuine or dubbed ?
    Him saying in 2013 that Newcastle is his favourite club after Partizan

• 17 Graeme // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:49 PM

YCMIU – Hopefully it is true, but maybe just hoping too much lol

• 18 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:50 PM

Partizan knocked us out of Europe after a pen shootout but he would have been 8 years old then

• 19 Ron Knee // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:50 PM

Lilongwe@10
    I agree on Mitrovic but I think the visa situation is a genuine worry. I wonder how long it takes to get an answer out of the Home Office, or whoever. In addition, I read – don’t know if it’s accurate – that he hasn’t played the requisite number of matches for his country.

• 20 LewSpi v2.0 // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:51 PM

Graeme

That’s a fantastic find. Published 2 years ago by official Partizan account too, so not some spotty teenage kid who’s just mocked it up since we’ve been linked with him.

My Serbian isn’t exactly fluent, but what else could he be talking about?

How do people know he hasn’t already been to visit the ground under the radar? Or how do they know he’s not bouncing off the walls with the idea of coming here, is adamant about the move and has told his parents to come over to see how awesome SJP is?

It’s all just speculation, his agent has said the deals done; then his family arrives for a look around; then he’s left out of the anderlecht game (they’re all facts).

My guess is the visa is holding the deal up over the weekend.

• 21 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:52 PM

Tsunki,
    The UK is far harder to get work permits for then a lot of mainland Europe. They were talking about making requirements stricter last year as well, so I think it would be more difficult. His international record and status as one f Europe’s most promising players shouldn’t make it too much of an issue though.

• 22 Graeme // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:52 PM

Jib, My son found it and sent it to me – I cant claim the credit on that I’m afraid. He’s toon daft and Graduated from Newcastle Uni last week!!

• 23 BandB // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:53 PM

With regard to McClaren.

The inescapable facts are that before McClaren was signed, all the polls showed that over 80 per cent of those that voted did not want him.

It is certainly a fact that most of these decided to get behind him when he was signed. Me included. But I am not a big enough hypocrite to claim he was my first choice.

There was also a movement on this blog to hail him as a genius and the best we could have got. Which was worth disputing.

None of this amounts to crapping all over him.

• 24 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:53 PM

Actually you could see a young’un being affected by this

• 25 nut meg // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:56 PM

scottoon
    1/ Abdennour
    2/ Glik

• 26 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:56 PM

Ron Knee,
    He has played in just under 3/4 in the last 2 years which used to be the required amount. However given his age, and his status he would easily get a permit, even if on appeal. I don’t see it being a worry.

• 27 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:57 PM

RE Work Permit application, from a legal firm dealing with Football and law….

“In order to establish on an initial application that the player is an international player of the highest calibre the following criteria must be met:

A player must have player for his country in at least 75% of its competitive A team matches of which he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application

The player’s country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application

What is meant by a competitive A team international match?

A competitive A team international match is one of the following:

World Cup Finals game

World Cup Qualifying group game

Football Association confederation tournament game, for example:

The FIFA Confederations Cup

The UEFA European Championships and Qualifiers

The African Cup of Nations and Qualifiers

The Asia Nations Cup and Qualifiers

The CONCACAF Gold Cup

The CONCACAF The Copa Caribe

The CONMEBOL Copa America

The OFC Nations Cup and

The UNCAF Nations Cup

Who has to submit the application?

It is the responsibility of the club that wishes to sign a player to make an application for a work permit on behalf of that player. In most cases the club will have agreed a contract with the player with the final stumbling block being the work permit.

It is therefore the job of the club to provide written confirmation of the player’s international appearance record of the proceeding two years highlighting the competitive A matches.

This information should be obtained from the National Governing Body which that player represents and then provided to the UK Border Agency who will not be able to make a decision until this is provided.

What happens if a player has been injured?

If a player has been injured during this time period meaning that he has been unable to represent his country this will be taken into consideration when assessing the application. If this is the case the club will need to provide supporting evidence.

What happens if a player has not been granted a work permit?

If a football player does not fulfil the above criteria and has his application for a work permit turned down there is the possibility for a club to appeal the decision. This appeal will be heard by an independent panel and it will be the job of the panel to assess the following things:

To consider whether the player is of the highest calibre

To consider whether the player is able to contribute significantly to the development of the game at the top level in the UK

It is often the case that when clubs sign young players who have not had the opportunity to play for their national side due to their age the work permit will be granted due to the ability and potential shown by that player in their fledgling career.”

• 28 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:58 PM

BandB
    Polls in general should be taken with a pinch of salt.
    Toon polls when there is no way of stopping scum supporters participating should be taken with 2lbs of best Saxa.

• 29 Belfast // Jul 13, 2015 at 4:58 PM

Ian I have been telling my apprentice he needs new material for a while now.

Thanks for the praise though. I’m honoured that such a fine upstanding and popular member of the blog enjoys the act.

Keep her country !

• 30 BandB // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:00 PM

Jib

You were encouraging people almost daily to vote in Dutch polls aimed at convincing Wijnaldum to come here.
    I can post them again, if you want.

• 31 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:01 PM

Claudio Ranieri new Leicester manager !!!!!!

• 32 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:02 PM

BandB
    You have just proven my point
    Thankyou

• 33 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:02 PM

He has played in 6 of their last 9 competitive matches and being on the bench for 1. He missed 1 as he was busy winning the Under 21 Euro’s with Serbia for the first time in their history, the final game he missed was through suspension.

No doubt at all he would qualify for a work permit in my opinion.

• 34 Munster Mag // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:04 PM

Offkey, we have all been bitten enough. To be honest we shudnt even be supporting the club now given what we have been through. I just have a feeling Ashley is learning thats all. We are in a better position than before, no doubt about that in my mind. You cudnt make it up…I fully endorse and support the fans right to protest and i wud be on the streets with them if i lived there> i called for a full boycott of the televised Hull game years ago. But there are some peurile tossers on here who will moan for the sake of moaning. Yes we have a right to complain, but we also have a right to be optimistic. Believe me i wudnt be feeling better if we had kept carver and appointed some brit like Big Eck to be top man. I think Ashley in the past wud have done something like that, in the same way as he appointed Jiminez, Wise, and various other lunatics. I’d like to think he is learning,a nd Charnley and Carr know more about what will work for us. Dont worry I’m not turning into a Billson. Theres only one Billson !!

• 35 Tsunki // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:06 PM

If I thought I had to take scripting advice from Belfast I think I’d rather pose as Dennis Twice.

• 36 1892 TURPS // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:06 PM

On the subject of this US tour, do any of you fellers know where we can watch the matches? Are the games televised in America? Anyone have any ideas, cheers

• 37 Ron Knee // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:06 PM

Lilongwe
    Thanks! Any idea how long it takes the Border Agency to deliberate?

• 38 Mr Magpie // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:06 PM

Mitrovic for me every time….on cb’s i’d go Rudiger, Van Dijk pace power & can play out from the back.

• 39 Tsunki // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:09 PM

Well I’ve said a few times I’m cautiously optimistic. But I’m also prudently realistic that’s all. We haven’t kicked a competition ball yet. We’ve still got Willo etc. We’ve made one signing possibly two. I’ll believe mike ashley is learning hopefully three months into the season. I’m not moaning, just voicing.

• 40 optimistic prime // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:09 PM

Austin only scored a handful from open play and most were tap ins. Qpr played to his strengths yet watching you couldn’t tell.

He couldn’t impose himself on Colo or Willo which isn’t a endorsement of their prowess.

I wouldn’t say I’m being hard, I’m being realistic and not buying into pundits or papers opinions.

If I were a betting man I’d say Austin will end up at Sunderland, no one else wants him and they love paying ott for poor British players.

I’ll be disappointed if we sign him as he’s no improvement on what we have.

• 41 Munster Mag // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:10 PM

Offkey, just read the tone of your post again. If you want to be a miserable shite all the time good luck to you. If we sign Mitrovic will that help or will you be perhaps 2% less miserable? Personally I think if we get him and a decent centre half, with better fitness levels and smarter coaching , we could do very tidily. The fact that we are obvioulsy trying to get a player of his talent and secured Wiji is a serious improvement in approach i think .( hope! )

• 42 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:11 PM

Ron Knee,
    I couldn’t really say on that. At a guess it would vary on each case, but I wouldn’t have thought it would take too long unless it went to appeal. Mitrovic could well go to appeal, given he is slightly under the required appearances, that could be the delay.

• 43 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:12 PM

BandB

I know you didnt crap all over him. Nor did I. He wasnt at the top of my wanted list, but also no where near the bottom.

There were people who reacted really badly though, saying he was a failure and a has been… which was harsh. Some had it as a totally unambitious appointment, but i would dispute that too.

Like you,i am also behind SM.

• 44 Tsunki // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:12 PM

I’m with lilongwe the uk visa is just a time thing not a deal breaker. I still think the USA visa might take too long.

• 45 Belfast // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:13 PM

Attack toon Attack Haha.

I miss Dennis.

• 46 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:14 PM

Turps
    I have scoured US tv listings esp for Milwaukee stations – Sheesh they have a lot of telly stateside!!
    Not found anything yet
    I have found a couple of Mexican stations in Guadalajara that will be showing it with Spanish commentary unfortunately
    Monitor this blog tomorrow for updates
    KO is 8pm milwaukee time 2am toontime

• 47 Tsunki // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:15 PM

Belfast he was on about a week ago bless. I think he’ll be back when the season starts.

• 48 Mister Tuff // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:15 PM

All the talk about entry to countries and work permits got me wondering whether Mr T has really been left behind to recover from injury.
    He’s been nicked a couple of times by the cops -one matter using a fake driving licence comes to mind -he was actually arrested.
    I wonder if his previous convictions have in effect barred him from entry.
    Just a thought.

• 49 Ron Knee // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:17 PM

Lilongwe
    Let’s hope the formalities can be overcome and we get him over the proverbial line.

• 50 Offkey // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:18 PM

Munster – I would think that we all hope that things may start to change. However, I suspect most will withhold judgement until we see some real evidence…….coaching has needed changing for years, our corners, free kicks, goal kicks and general play have shown this. They could have brought in someone to help Pardew but they persisted with the set-up until there was no option to change. The only other evidence is the Wijnaldum buy which, I think, most are quite excited about……….but we all know it will take a good few more, until then I think many will persist with what you may see as a belligerent attitude……

• 51 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:19 PM

Ron Knee,
    Let’s hope so. The sooner the better.

• 52 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:21 PM

Mr Tuff

I believe it depends on the crime. If the crime commited (and charged with) here is considered a felony over there (like Bartons gbh) then your goose is cooked. Tiotes might only have been counted as misdemeanours over there.

Dok, are you about??? Would any of Tiotes crimes here be counted as felonies over there??

• 53 jayphoto // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:22 PM

Think the work permit issue is related to his parents rather than him??
    Shame Shearer hasn’t tweeted Mitrovic like he did Austin, it’d probably mean something to him!
    Prefer Mitrovic to Austin probably for the unkown factor. We know what Austin is about but Mitrovic could become anything! He looked excellent in the champions league! Almost Carroll-esque in the air but quicker and better technically on the ground!
    Actually like the fact theyre taking time, shows he’s serious about his career! No secret newcastle are offering far higher wages than anyone else yet that hadn’t made him rush into the move for money

• 54 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:23 PM

Mr Tuff
    Good thinking
    In 2011 Joey Barton couldn’t join our US tour.

• 55 LewSpi v2.0 // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:25 PM

Mr Tuff

I seem to recall Tiote didn’t tour in the US last time due to issues with a visa, did I dream this?

• 56 croftus5678 // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:25 PM

tbh if we only sign wijnaldum this window i wont be happy ! esp as it was our strongest area to start with imo.

dont get me wrong to me personally he’s as good as 2-3 signings to me as in how much i rate the guy but we def need a striker and a cb and if we dont get them even with the coaching team i’d guess we would only be mid table again.

• 57 TheDrewid // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:27 PM

Re Graemes link

I have a Serbian friend. I’ve just passed on that link and requested a translation. Hope to have it up soon, if nobody beats me to it.

• 58 1892 TURPS // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:28 PM

Cheers Jib, i’ll peep back tomorrow!! 2am beers on a Tuesday for this lad then

• 59 GeordieTwo // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:31 PM

One signing for a 15th place club and Schteve thinks we’re going to finish in the top 8. Can’t accuse him of not being optimistic anyway. 😆

• 60 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:32 PM

Bye the way
    I’m not a gambler , but I have been reliably informed , if you have a BET365 Account you should be able to get the game.

• 61 ShirebrookToon // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:33 PM

Any news on mitrovic yet?

• 62 GeordieTwo // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:33 PM

I would think Tiote wouldn’t get into the US since he has a record Mr. Tuff mate. The same thing was true of our former Joey Barton.

• 63 GeordieTwo // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Mitrovic’s dad says he loves wor Belgian midget strikers Shirebrook mate. His granny loves shopping in the Toon. All goes well. Now all he has to do is get his club to accept wor low bid. Beautiful.

• 64 Spellcheck // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:35 PM

Jib, keep us posted about live match links. Keep up the good work.

• 65 ShirebrookToon // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:38 PM

G2
    Have they been on the metro yet. If not then that’s probably why were at a stumbling block

• 66 GeordieTwo // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:41 PM

Midget Strikers!!!!
    Boom, boom, boom boom boom!!!
    Is Perez technically a midget striker?

• 67 TheDrewid // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:42 PM

“Hi the interviewer is asking him who he likes and Aleksandar says that he likes Newcastle and the English league. He goes on asking him whether he will stay in Partizan or go abroad as you can ‘only’ earn up to 150.000 euros. He replied that he is going to play it by ear and see what his manager/supervisor says and go with that”

Translation from Graemes link. Confirmed by my Serbian friend.

• 68 GeordieTwo // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:42 PM

I’m not sure Shire mate, but they love wor Schteve. Of course wages haven’t been discussed yet either. Could be a bit of a shock when they try to pay him in zlotties. 😯

• 69 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:43 PM

G2

Doesn’t depend on the crime? I thought Felony crimes would prevent the visa, but minor crimes don’t?

• 70 ShirebrookToon // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:43 PM

Bid low or go home is what Ashley tells Morocco mole everyday

• 71 The Newcastle Armchair // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:44 PM

Few of the names from Carr’s shortlist-

Otamendi
    Shaqiri
    Scuffet
    Shawcross
    Jose Gaya
    Van Dijk
    Goretzka
    Bernardo Silva
    Alberto Cerri
    Jeison Murillo
    Alcacer
    Maupay

• 72 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:44 PM

Mitrovic’s dad was in the Goose today making a fuss about the short measures of Slivovitz

• 73 microbar // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:45 PM

we will learn how our five central defenders will perform in the games.
    Save your money Steve you don’t have to go to the USA to find out just look at our last 10 games, we need a complete back four for starters.

• 74 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:45 PM

I have this dream about Otamendi linking up with us in Sacramento

• 75 ShirebrookToon // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:46 PM

I say pay him in ugandian dollars

• 76 ShirebrookToon // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:47 PM

Leon Goretzka sign him

• 77 Munster Mag // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Nowt wrong with belligerence You cudnt make it up. Mind you I was slaughtered here for being belligerent that Pardew would do fine with {Palace. sadly this is proving accurate. i am hoping for a bad second season from him but there is little logic to that. Beleive me I want to type on here in about 6 months ….”Yes I am a twat and you were all correct ” as we watch them struggle against relegation with the London Evening SAtandard and Croydon Advertiser fretting. Mitrovic, yes please.

• 78 Ron Knee // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:48 PM

TheDrewid
    So he’s a fan of Pardew. Maybe that explains the hold-up.

• 79 Mr Magpie // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:48 PM

The Newcastle Armchair
    Where have you seen this shortlist of Carr’s that nobody else has seen?

Any proof to back up the claim it is Carr’s list?

• 80 Munster Mag // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:49 PM

better sounding than austin, although to be fair i didnt know much about him before now! 🙂

• 81 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:52 PM

Tiotes misdemeanours while traffic related were not minor , they involved forged documentation.

• 82 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:53 PM

Munster

To be honest, i am really not fussed how Percy does at palace although i 5hink they will be around tenth. He wasn’t right for us, and we are well rid of him. I do think a fair bit of the things that went wrong under him were more than partly to do with knacker carver. This is a theory i have developed after seeing how brilliantly he did after xmas. Best coach in the league. What a tool!

• 83 Toon-Barmy // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:55 PM

Visa problems holding up Mitrovic deal????

• 84 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:56 PM

Jib

Well,in which case, if this forging would count as felony in the US, then he is indeed not eligable for a work permit.

This is why we shouldnt tour over there (sorry u.s. toon fans). There are more than a few players accross the prem who would have these problems because of a slightly over-paranoid rule.

• 85 Mister Tuff // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:59 PM

I read the possibility that Mr T didn’t get a visa as the offences were indeed not minor -fraudulent licence – and he was arrested.
    Well – not minor as far as the US is concerned.
    I had thought that Mr T may have been left behind as they were going to flog him – so I’m relatively pleased there could be this other reason – as I would not like the club to sell him.
    We might see a different Mr T under Wallys’/Cathro’s coaching.

• 86 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 13, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Shire

After the debate on how to pronounce wijnaldum, imagine the fun goretzka will cause!!

• 87 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:02 PM

However… an account manager i used to deal with, from poland, was called ula greszta. Pronounced grejda

So i will start the ball rolling with “Goredjga” 😀

• 88 magscar // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:04 PM

On the to what degree posters were getting at Mclaren ( not my first choice either) wouldn’t it now be preferable if some could drop the disparaging “Wally” “Schteve” and other hilarious names for him until he has earned them with us?

• 89 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:06 PM

Magscar

I don’t mind Shteve. Its more a dig at the accent thing than at his capabilities.

I agree we should probably hold off on Wally. Like you say, he has not earned that here. Hopefully he wont.

• 90 Ian Toon // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:10 PM

Tsunki – I must have confused you with Belfast. You of course are the hilarious one. I have other football jokes if you would prefer.
    I am actually out of touch with our realistic signing targets. Reading the blog is even more confusing. What ever happened to Kets ? He used to constantly provide lists of players to sign – he’s probably a Chief scout somewhere !
    Carver spoke of buying English players with PL experience and you would have thought Carr would have been primed.

• 91 Ron Knee // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:11 PM

magscar
    Sorry to be a pedantic pr*ck, but his name is spelt McClaren.

• 92 GeordieTwo // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:12 PM

Everything changed after 9/11 YCMIU mate. Everyone trying to enter the US now has a security screen. If they think someone is even the slightest risk, they get denied a visa. I’m not sure with Tiote but it was probably best not to bring him after what happened with Barton. It’s very embarrassing for the club if someone gets rejected. I realize Barton was a felon and a repeat offender but you never know now. Wouldn’t want poor old Tiote whisked off for some water boarding.

• 93 GeordieTwo // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:13 PM

He’s just Schteve to us Ron Knee mate. A wonderful Wally who’s going to make us top 8 next season. Huzzah!!! I’m going to hold him to that promise.

• 94 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:13 PM

The “schteve” thing was his attempt at making it easier for the Dutch media to understand him.
    While it caused great hilarity for the more low brow Brit fans , the Dutch media actually appreciated his efforts and to this day he is highly thought of , and very popular in Holland.

• 95 GeordieTwo // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:14 PM

And by water boarding I don’t mean sun and fun on the beech mate. 😆

• 96 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:15 PM

G2

Yeah i know the nice mr barton was always going to be knocked back due to the felony. I wonder if the toon checked this time, realised tiote is probably also considered a felon, so just did not risk it.

• 97 Ron Knee // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:17 PM

G2
    Did you see the scary pictures of Williamson and Saylor entering the training ground? Makes the blood run cold!

• 98 GeordieTwo // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:17 PM

Aye YCMIU mate. Using false ID is fairly serious in the US now as we can all well understand.

• 99 GeordieTwo // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:19 PM

Yes, it’s a frightening thought Ron mate. Did Saylor have his crutches with him just in case? I hope Willo is up for another season as set piece goal monster…..Off for a bit now lads.

• 100 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:19 PM

Jib

“Low brow brit fans”??
    Do you ever wonder why some people take offence to you?

So the Dutch like him for basically doing what the english policeman who thought he could speak french did in “allo allo”?

Interesting bunch, our orange freinds.

• 101 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:21 PM

Also Cheik is Muslim and the State Department is paranoid about Muslims with false id issues as Cat Stevens aka Yusuf Islam can testify .

• 102 Tsunki // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:22 PM

What’s low brow about laughing at a fake accent? 🙂

I agree leave off the name ridiculing, at least until after young Microbic signs.

• 103 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:23 PM

Cisse travelled and he is a muslim. Albeit an adulterous, gambling muslim…..who probably likes a bacon buttie. Ok that last one is a joke 😀

• 104 Tsunki // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:23 PM

N’Zogbia was pretty highbrow until he met JFK.

• 105 Tsunki // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:24 PM

Jeff, the US are paranoid about Muslims? Get away!!!

• 106 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:26 PM

Mark
    You are another who has problems comprehending simple English
    not
    “Low brow brit fans”
    but
    “the more low brow brit fans”
    and as for offending people
    Frankly my dear – – –

• 107 magscar // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Ron Knee

Thanks for the correction must be the lack of use of it on here for my mistake 🙂

• 108 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Jib

You are wasting your time with that pseudo-intellectual poppycock. It won’t wash with me. You are not even in the same league. You are just like Piers Morgan. You often get roundly defeated in arguments on here, and are too dense to realise. So blind to it, In fact, that you claim a victory instead.

• 109 Mister Tuff // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:33 PM

hahahah – got to laugh at the laughter police.
    McLaren —–no no no.
    McClaren —–yes yes yes.

What a Wally.

Cheik—–no no no
    Cheick—– yes yes yes.

• 110 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:33 PM

Sorry, i better translate. “Pretending to be clever”

• 111 Ron Knee // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:34 PM

magscar
    Good point!

• 112 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Also, the point i made stands whether i include “the more” or not. It makes no difference. You were still trying to belittle people.

• 113 sing in the corner // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:39 PM

For some reason a fond memory of Sir Bobby’s gaffes with names pops into my head. ‘Dabidas’ was one of my favourites, mainly because he did it repeatedly over an extended period. There’s hope for us all. (apologies in advance if I spelled (or spelt?) it wrongly and it’s gaffs)

• 114 ShirebrookToon // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:39 PM

What’s with all the Muslim talk?

• 115 Ron Knee // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:40 PM

MT
    Are you mocking the immortal Laughing Policeman song, played many a time on Children’s Favourites?

• 116 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:40 PM

So Mr Tuff joins the spelling police .
    Sheesh.

Mark
    Claim a victory
    Like Piers Morgan
    pseudo-intellectual poppycock
    You often get roundly defeated in arguments
    It’s a footy blog you pillock.

• 117 bladeuser // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Mitrovic does not want to come here why do u want him to come same with overated austin jordan rhodes is the striker we should go for he is better than austin and would probably jump at the chance and would b cheaper f#@# players who do not want to play for us and come because nobody meets the asking price of the selling club and ends up like a debuchy or cabaye

• 118 Belfast // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Kets is currently studying the football manager data base weighing up the pros and cons and wondering why Paul Scharner has dropped of the data base!

He’ll be on once he’s properly analysed the data base with a new updated shopping list.

• 119 sing in the corner // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:41 PM

How about a poll |Ed?
    ;Should there be a spell checker button on each page of the blog?’ Nah lets have petty rows instead, its much more fun

• 120 PapissGottaBrandNewBag // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Armchair did you search wonder kids on football manager? Or was it promising youngsters on Fifa?

• 121 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Ron Knee
    My favourite was
    The runaway train by Michael Holiday
    Could never get away with
    Nymphs and Shepherds

• 122 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:51 PM

Still unsure about this Mitrovic lad like .

Has a bit of a temperament and is a bit of a risk paying all that money for him, when for a couple million more we could have a tried and tested PL goal scorer in Austin. The only thing I can think of is that Austins wages must be sky high .

• 123 Ron Knee // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Jib
    How about the 6.5 Special?
    “The 6.5 Special’s coming down the liiiiiiiiiine …”

• 124 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Jib

You telling anyone that this is a football blog is probably the funiest joke you have ever come up with. Well done.

• 125 Mister Tuff // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Ron Knee – no mocking on my behalf at all however I do think think this new proposal might be worth a shot.
    Indeed I hope that our darling owner Mr Michael James Wallace Ashley is going to afford some funds to our new head coach Mr Stephen McClaren. Clearly our owner Mr Michael James Wallace Ashley did not trust our previous manager Mr Alan Scott Pardew and his assistant Mr John William Carver with the club cheque book.

• 126 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:55 PM

Papa…chances are and they are huge, that Austin played way above his level last season!

…talking about a risk (and he’s 26 already)

• 127 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:57 PM

Shire

The muslim talk arose because we were talking about post-9/11 paranoia in the u.s., footballers work permits and reasons why they would be refused. Nothing sinister.

• 128 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Funniest*

• 129 Mister Tuff // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Mr Tubbs the FCB is giving the dosh to Wally. Tubbs didnt trust Percy and Charver with the loot.

That sounds much better. Next experiment?

• 130 Bambams // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:59 PM

It’s a bit concerning that our band of merry men (Board) can only do one transfer at a time.

Surely if one target hits a brick wall we can move onto another one we have earmarked for another position.

I am totally feared that we will start the new season with Colo and will CB partnership! !!!

• 131 scottoon // Jul 13, 2015 at 6:59 PM

Very pleased at the Wiji signing, but we are seemingly stuck in neutral again. Makes me wonder if the Mitrovic story is a smokescreen for the inactivity on other fronts.

We have needed a CB (or two or three) for years now and still we cant seem to make anything happen. I certainly hope Lascelles and Good come through but they are untested at this level.

We are all caught up in the discussion about who we should sign up top but we seem to have forgotten that our foundation is crumbling.

• 132 Ron Knee // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:01 PM

MT
    How about: “Mr Michael James Wallace Ashley (hereafter referred to as “The Fat Slug”) etc. …”

• 133 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:02 PM

Ron
    Saturday tea-time
    I think 6-5 special was TTTV
    and juke box jury (oi’ll give it foive)
    was the BEEB

• 134 Jail for Ashley // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:03 PM

From NUFC.com.
    Tim Krul, Karl Darlow, Freddie Woodman, Daryl Janmaat, Massadio Haidara, Jamaal Lascelles, Fabricio Coloccini, Steven Taylor, Mike Williamson, Curtis Good, Vurnon Anita, Moussa Sissoko, Shane Ferguson, Gael Bigirimana, Yoan Gouffran, Gabriel Obertan, Jack Colback, Siem de Jong, Rolando Aarons, Adam Armstrong, Papiss Cisse, Ayoze Perez and Emmanuel Riviere.

Remaining back in the UK are squad members Mehdi Abeid, Remy Cabella, Cheick Tiote, Paul Dummett, Haris Vuckic, Sylvain Marveaux, Lubo Satka and Rob Elliot.

• 135 scottoon // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:03 PM

On a funny note, anybody else getting the ad for the “John Carver Inn and Spa” popping up?

Now we know what he is up to……best Innkeeper in the land!

• 136 ShirebrookToon // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:05 PM

I refer to mike Ashley as Bargainbin Baggins

• 137 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:07 PM

It’s very slow on the transfer front…bambams has a striking point!

• 138 Ron Knee // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Jib
    I thought “oi’ll give it foive” was Thank Your Lucky Stars? Any other old farts on here who remember?

• 139 optimistic prime // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:07 PM

IMO Tiote not going on tour has nothing to do with his criminal record.

You can get into the USA even with convictions for serious crimes, their restrictions are set out to stop career criminals. Amount of crimes, how often, when was the last offence all hold more weight than the actual crime.

If it’s drugs, different story.

They’re on a buisness trip therefore their criminal records will be looked at with that in mind, all are wealthy men in their own right and none would be expected to disappear into the Wild West to become the next Al Capone.

Isn’t Lascalles up soon for GBH?
    He’s still there.

• 140 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:07 PM

scottoon
    I was getting an ad for Kent social services (I’m 300 milesfrom Kent)
    Now getting an ad for how to learn killer blues guitar

• 141 Online Guy // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:09 PM

If common sense is now prevailing within Newcastle United
    then it should be a no brainer as regards signing Xherdan Shaqiri

He’s a player that could win you the FA cup ..and over time push us on to top five ..with that of course the defence needs straightened out with the acquisitions of 2 top centre backs ,,one of those should be able to double up as a left back/full back .

Mitrovic and/or maybe Austin (Can they Play Together ..not an ideal pairing..similar ) means goals from all over the park with the decent midfield we now have (providing Sissoko stays) if you take time to add the goals up from midfield and forward line then things will be good , Colback, Sissoko, Wijnaldum ,De jong , are not shy in front of goal ..

Defence needs sorting first and Centre backs are priority , get that right and we are looking good ..it’s not rocket Science …to coin an old phrase..

Shaqiri please …please ! no brainer , he’s the man.

Get the bloody defence sorted .

• 142 Toon-Barmy // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:09 PM

• 143 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:10 PM

The best thing I have heard this pre season is De Jong saying that McLaren wants us to keep the ball more, which he said is different from what Pardew and co. had us doing .

Said for a long time we have some talented players but our coaching staff was dreadful .

Still need a few more quality signings before I get my hopes up mind .

• 144 Jail for Ashley // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:12 PM

From that lot posted above there needs to be a serious clear out. Firstly, Woodman needs to go out on loan, should one of Elliott or Krul be sold and we get a repeat of last seasons GK crisis I don’t think the young keeper should be thrown in at the deep end, and if he can’t find a Championship side to go to then he’s certainly not ready for our first team. Same goes for Curtis Good, Bigi and Armstrong. Willo and STaylor should be shot/ sold I mean along with Obertron and Gouffran, Shane Ferguson has got to that age now where potential shouldn’t be used anymore and couldn’t make a regular slot in a bottom tier Championship side, get rid. That’s a lot of deadwood on our books that if we replaced with better quality we’d have a fighting chance of meeting our new goals.

• 145 Blackley and Brownlie // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:14 PM

It’s not a good idea to criticise bloggers’ spelling and grammar. I invariably post only to spot glaring errors immediately. “Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.” An extremely important and fascinating fact that these words are not found in any of the earliest and best manuscripts.

• 146 Bambams // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:15 PM

Jesper
    Thanks for the support fella….
    Lol

• 147 Mister Tuff // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:16 PM

Some absolutely disgraceful comedy and irreverend remarks on here this afternoon you all need to stop it now. You will be chastised by the new misery meister.

• 148 Mister Tuff // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:18 PM

Repent ye sinners.

• 149 Graeme // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:19 PM

Ron Knee @ 138 – was that not “Juke Box Jury”???

• 150 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:22 PM

Jamaal Lascelles cleared

• 151 welshgeordie9 // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:22 PM

Nice to see everyone is in a good mood this evening.

Dear me

• 152 Online Guy // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:24 PM

Wondering if Williamson will smooth talk McClaren on the US trip ..He’s doing something to get a game, maybe hypnotism ? cause it ain’t Football.

• 153 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:27 PM

Bambams…you’re welcome 😉

• 154 Ron Knee // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:28 PM

Graeme
    I thought the “oi’ll give it foive”woman was called Janice. Juke Box Jury was with David Jacobs, wasn’t it?

• 155 Ian Toon // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:30 PM

Belfast – I remember the time when pretty much everyone used to laugh at Kets and his players we should sign. Long before Toby Alder weir elf ( or something like that!) signed for Spurs Kettsy was saying we could get him to solve our CB problem.
    I hear Kettsy is a Gold Star Ultimate manager now and we’re not laughing now.

• 156 Graeme // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:33 PM

Ron Knee – yes, you are right, it was David Jacobs!!!

• 157 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:38 PM

No Ron is right
    JBJ always had famous people on the jury who either voted hit or miss
    Janice was on Thank your Lucky Stars which had a points voting system

• 158 Ron Knee // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:40 PM

Graeme
    Phew! We can relax now and get onto the mundane stuff, such as: Can we get Mitrovic over the line? Can we do something about our crap defence?

• 159 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:41 PM

Janice Nicholls from Wednesbury in the Black Coontreee

• 160 croftus5678 // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:41 PM

@152 online

whoa there buddy ! williamson played 45mins against gatehead and kept a clean sheet !!!!

how can you call him ? he’s clearly champs league material 😉

• 161 Ron Knee // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:42 PM

Jib
    So that was her name!

• 162 Toon-Barmy // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:46 PM

Sylvain Marveaux has a hernia and will miss the start of the season.

• 163 Toon-Barmy // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:48 PM

Update from Steve McClaren news conference:

Sylvain Marveaux has a hernia and will miss the start of the season

• 164 Jib // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:49 PM

I wonder if the other old farts on here will agree with me.
    Online highlights what I’m about to say.
    Ever since I have been going to SJP (a lot of years) there has always been a section of the fanbase that NEEDS a hate figure (it may be the same at other clubs – I don’t know)
    Years ago it was Tommy Gibb and there have been others
    This pillorying of a player seems to have transferred itself to the ether and Blogland.

• 165 switch365 // Jul 13, 2015 at 7:49 PM

That’s the link for 1 of the matches, not sure about the other 2.

Maybe Mitrovic has passed a message on through his agent, that he’ll only sign when Jabba has sold/cancelled the contract of Mr Michael (Liability) Williamson

One can dream 😀

I think signing a top class cb will aid in getting our other targets signed up.

• 166 Colombus // Jul 13, 2015 at 8:12 PM

Let’s hope Mitro really is close. fantastic talent! I would get rid of Steven Taylor the moment we get a bid. He’s just too injury prone. Why not try to use him in the deal with Austin? QPR have been sniffing around him earlier and he would probably suit the chamipnship quite well 😉 I would bring in Ezequiel Munoz on a FREE! to replace him. Would be a brilliant switch.

• 167 Online Guy // Jul 13, 2015 at 8:38 PM

Jib , I don’t need a hate figure as you suggest ..I don’t hate anybody..strange thing for you to imagine then put into print ?

I like Williamson as a bloke but feel he is a weak link in the Team ..that’s all, Hate ? Nahhh.. it’s wrong of you to Imagine my feelings towards a Footballer almost like I’v said it in my post that I hate .

.I clearly did not say that , but hey thanks for the Perceived
    wrong impression that you put into words ..

Not my word’s by the way , and a sneaky way of putting it, mentioning my name in the second line of your post.

.Sneaky