Steve McClaren Hints At New Signings Soon

Newcastle started the game poorly last night in Milwaukee, and we were 2-0 down after only 16 minutes but after the first 25 minutes Newcastle came right back into the game.

An in-form Moussa Sissoko scored after 45 minutes and Newcastle pressed hard, but like last Friday night at Gateshead – we just couldn’t score a second goal.

miller park

A packed Miller Park in Milwaukee last night

Steve McClaren talked after the game and said he couldn’t believe how Newcastle didn’t score a second goal,  although it looks like a Cisse effort early in the second half was over the line but not allowed by the officials.

It would have been in the Premier League, with the new Hawk-Eye technology in place.

This is what McClaren said after the game last night about potential transfers:

“The plans continue and work goes on behind the scenes back home.” “We’re close.”

“Wijnaldum comes out tomorrow and that will be good.” “We’ll get him in with the boys.”

“With recruitment we will wait and see.” “But from what I have seen in the last two weeks I have been very pleased with the boys.”

There was news yesterday that 20 year-old Anderlecht striker Aleksandar Mitrovic had been given 48 hours to sign or walk away from the five year Newcastle deal on the table.

Last night the Twitter universe was alight with news that he was on his way to a medical at Newcastle, but there’s no confirmation of that – not yet anyway.

If he is going to sign for us the next piece of news would be that he is on his way to Newcastle to take his medical.

We hope he signs for us, but in reality we seem to be at best his third choice behind Roma and Porto – two clubs in warmer climates.

There again Newcastle could shock us with some other signing out of the blue.

Comments welcome.