The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Various Reports – Newcastle Close On Signing Mitrovic

11:26 am, Friday, July 17th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 149 Comments

There are reports in Italy, principally from Sport Italia that Newcastle are closing in on the signing of Aleksandar Mitrovic, even through there was news late yesterday that Porto have lodged an €18M bid for the 20 year-old striker.

Aleksandar Mitrovic

Aleksandar Mitrovic – Newcastle are close

Roma had fancied the striker for a while, but because of their long protracted pursuit of Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko, the Italian press is reporting that Roma are out of the race for Mitrovic, and they are saying he’s on his way to Newcastle.

That news is being carried widely by other Italian media outlets.

It seems like Aleksandar is becoming frustrated himself with no moves coming from Roma, and even if they were to meet the fee of €18M, which they don’t want to pay Anderlecht for him, it’s doubtful he would get the same deal he’s been offered at Newcastle.

Anderlecht are planning for life without him, and have already brought in one striker, Nigerian Ezekial,  and are after one more striker as the replacement for their top player, who had a great second season for them last term.

Last night there was news in the Star that Chelsea were ready to hijack the deal, but it seems a little far-fetched that the Premier League Champions would suddenly turn to Mitrovic at this stage of the negotiations, with the London club looking to bring in Pedro from Barcelona.

The Italian press are reporting he would cost only €11M so the difference in the fee is quite staggering with Belgium press reporting the deal is for €18M, with €16M being quoted in some outlets.

Notice that €16M is around £11.2M so there could be some confusion whether it’s in euros or pounds, which often happens with quotes for European based players.

So wait for somebody in England to report he’s only worth £7.7M which is close to what €11M is.

The local papers in Newcastle are also reporting that the deal will happen or not happen this weekend – which means the lad will either sign for the club, or Newcastle will turn to other strikers.

That’s good because this stuff is getting just a little bit tedious with so many conflicting reports coming in, and the 20 year-old need to make a decision.

The good news yesterday is that most reports say that Charlie Austin will also end up at Newcastle, after the betting was suspended with  an umber of bookies, including SkyBet, Paddy Power and BetFair – with Newcastle being quoted at 1/10 odds-on to sign him.

If Newcastle can get Austin and Mitrovic through the door – that would simply be unbelievable.

It seems to remain a distinct possibility.

Tags: Newcastle News · Recruitment · Scouting Network · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

149 responses so far ↓

• 1 Dragon64 // Jul 17, 2015 at 11:29 AM

getting so bored with this now

• 2 BandB // Jul 17, 2015 at 11:32 AM

It is easy not to panic before a ball is kicked in anger.

• 3 SuperShearer // Jul 17, 2015 at 11:33 AM

Weird sense of deja vu from a week ago on this one. I really hope it’s true but one way or another this one needs to be ended.

• 4 Rotonda heights // Jul 17, 2015 at 11:36 AM

sick to death of this tbh. nufc, porto, nufc, roma, nufc, chelsea, nufc…A-R-G-HHHHH!!!

• 5 BandB // Jul 17, 2015 at 11:40 AM

Lots of people were sneering “don’t panic” over John Carver’s disastrous appointment, the results of which can’t be making it easier for us to attract higher grade players at the moment.

• 6 magscar // Jul 17, 2015 at 11:47 AM

Hope you didn’t take my “not panicking” as sneering just stating my personal position as do others – we all have one

• 7 BandB // Jul 17, 2015 at 11:52 AM

After two relegation battles in three years, I’m amazed anyone is still happy to air the view that the real problem round these parts is over-ambitious fans.

• 8 mcookie2 // Jul 17, 2015 at 11:52 AM

I wonder if the people who write these stories have a sense of personal pride. Weather their conscience is clear knowing 99% of what they write is bulls**t and weather they actually believe what they are writing has any truth at all. Imagine living your life like a (so called) journalist / reporter… We all know a “friend” who talks absolute cr*p and collectively we all agree they are a top bell end.

• 9 Jib // Jul 17, 2015 at 11:53 AM

You musn’t tell people on here not to carp.
    This is “carp city”.

“Whingers of the world unite
    You alone know what is right
    People all should feel this way
    Carping on every day
    Keep the fire of whining bright
    Whingers of the world unite”

(Apologies to the 2 Rogers – Greenaway and Cook )

• 10 magscar // Jul 17, 2015 at 11:54 AM

You seem to make capital on here by taking a post and putting an unqualified spin on it. Never said anything about over ambitious fans being a problem. Any way heading off to Summertyne for my other great love shortly so if I don’t post may be already off.

• 11 Blackley and Brownlie // Jul 17, 2015 at 11:55 AM

Friday 17 July and still no one has a clue what’s happening in Newcastle’s pursuit of a striker. Everything that comes out from every source smacks of wild speculation. Incredible.

• 12 Liono // Jul 17, 2015 at 11:58 AM

@ dragon64 agree this is boring now. Just get one of the two and then focus on defenders.

• 13 toon kk // Jul 17, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Looking more and more like the transfer window when only Aneta came in, lots of speculation but no activity.
    Seems like we go into a new season hoping no injuries will occur.

• 14 martoon // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:00 PM

Jib @ 9
    Nice one 🙂 🙂

• 15 BandB // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:05 PM

“Yes we would all like to have a CB (or 2) in by now but the constant shouting on here for it to happen does nothing to make it so nor increase the posters kudos on here.”

I’m not sure how this can be read other than that you think those calling for CBs to be signed as a priority lack the character requisite of a true fan like yourself.

The idea that all the problems stem from fans is very close to the party line and always comes from those who’s first loyalties appear to lie with Ashley’s pocket rather than the success of the club..

• 16 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:07 PM

Bloody ell Austin and Mitrovic – off-on off-on off-on off-on
    off-on off-on
    Nowt ever straightforward with the TOON in their transfer dealings.

Dooing my heed in!

• 17 BandB // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:09 PM

The majority of the misanthropic, cantankerous carping on here at the moment is coming from people who belong to the old blind faith school of thought who want everyone else to shut up.
    The rest of us would simply prefer another three signings before we have to play Southampton, Swansea, Manchester United and Arsenal.

• 18 Jail for Ashley // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:10 PM

I remember the summer we didn’t sign anybody with various posters giving an impression of Mr Humphries and telling everyone to calm down before disappearing onto different blogs and usernames.

• 19 Nicedayforatransfer // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:11 PM

Why are my posts waiting for moderation all the time

• 20 Thump // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:16 PM

@Nicedayforatransfer: You’re either swearing, or you’re trying to include more than one link in your comment.

As a fun aside, in the Championship, we had to censor Scun*horpe (I think we convinced Ed to whitelist that word, though) because of the swearing blacklist.

• 21 lesh // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:16 PM

Toon kk

Yup, it’s beginning to look like another one-signing window.

I’m confident that Charnley’s watching his budget and doesn’t want to sign anyone until it’s absolutely necessary so as not to be paying wages when the lads are in the US.

In the meantime, targets’ll be missed because of his pi$$ing about!

Charnley, get a flicking grip of reality as other clubs’ll go where you won’t!

• 22 damma99 // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:17 PM

Whats the betting we don’t get any of them.

• 23 BandB // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:17 PM

I have never seen the blog so full of “why don’t you just shut up?” posts.
    The facts are that at this time last season we had spend £23m on players, and the anniversary of Janmaat’s signing tomorrow will take it to £29m.
    Twice what we have spent so far on this “record breaking spree.”

• 24 Jib // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:26 PM

You cleverly turn the majority of posters on this blog into the majority of fans . I can assure you this blog and other social media like twitter are miles away from the opinion of the majority of NUFC fans.

• 25 Rotonda heights // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:28 PM

maybe we should just keep it all dutch and go for veltman, douglas and das bost, maybe fer. Shteeve would pretty much know them all any way

• 26 Bambams // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:29 PM

Charlie in Gallowgate
    Could not agree more !
    Every couple of hours we are, we aren’t, he is, he’s not….

Still no CB’S. ….

Amateurish to say the least.

Could be spot on re not wanting to pay wages whilst in the states.

Heard the ground staff bring flasks to work to save on boiling the kettle!

• 27 JAMSHA // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:30 PM

an so it goes on

• 28 croftus5678 // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:32 PM

mitrovic is boring me now just move on surely bas dost will come put an asking price offer in for him and get it wrapped up before we dont get anyone.

even if mit is held up we can move for more than one player so where is the freaking cb ???? make the cb our main target and leave mit/austin to rust.

• 29 geordie157 // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:32 PM

yawn!! just get one of them over the line and get the defence sorted!!

• 30 BandB // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:34 PM

Is this like your assurance to the blog that Club Atlas were playing cup games during their half-season break?

• 31 toon kk // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:36 PM

I wonder how many people have renewed there season tickets on the strength of MA interview and one signing?

We’ll still struggle next season, the whole squad isn’t strong enough.

• 32 Munster Mag // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:37 PM

Lesh, I reckon u are another guy maoning too soon. Give it time. We will get players. I’ll willingly put my hands up if wrong.

• 33 Jib // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:38 PM

I said Mexican clubs were playing cup games in June and July , this is true.
    Nice piece of deflection by the way , Mr Tuff would be proud of you.

• 34 BandB // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:38 PM

I know a bloke on here who said he couldn’t back the protests, but would be watching how the rest of the season went before deciding whether to renew.
    Then let slip he’d already renewed when he said.

• 35 Munster Mag // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Jail, I guess you are right, I just felt that Pardew was criticised for everything here, and fans didnt even praise him or cut him slack in good times. And in bad times , every substitution was his fault, even if it didnt affect outcome of game etc. At times it was ridiculous on here.

• 36 croftus5678 // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:40 PM

@31 toon

well…i havent 😉 nor last season either tbh.

we have good individuals but they did not play as a team !
    i think steevie can sort that mind you but we are still only as strong as our weakest link and everyone knows where to hit us hard unfortunatly.

• 37 magscar // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Just before I go your next few posts are not surprisingly in the same vein of you putting a spin on my thoughts for your adoring blog audience. I know what I mean and you don’t simples!!

Would have been nice to have heard your take on what I referred to about McClaren but it is easier to just mock and twist isn’t it. By the way I would also like a few more signings before PL kicks off – must mean I am in “the rest of us camp”.

Still not panicking but am heading off so feel free to carry on maligning me and no doubt Mr Tuff will add me to one of his tedious and long past their sell by date OOT lists later today. Insightful they are not – except to him as he chuckles to himself as he types then gives himself a “get in” . Delusion comes in many forms not just to those sneeringly tagged as dreamers Honest Joes etc.

• 38 Jail for Ashley // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:40 PM

It was widely recognised that 10K boycotted.

• 39 Jib // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Jail for Ashley
    10K protested

• 40 BandB // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:44 PM

The Copa MX is held in the opening part of the season and the Libertadores Cup takes place part of the season. None take place in the close season.
    There is a North American Cup competition that Mexican teams can participate in. But Club Atlas last took part in 2009.
    And I really never felt in the position of having to “deflect” one your crappy arguments.

• 41 Munster Mag // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:46 PM

Jail, all my posts being nasty about Pardew are not being posted due to my using profanities about him. Am testing with this one….ok Mr Pardew was a defensive , self loving , er person from Sarf London. See if this gets posted.

• 42 will die for the toon army // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:46 PM

CHARNELY and CARR. what e hell is going on

• 43 Munster Mag // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:47 PM

Ha it worked!!! Jaul, Pardew was a p*ick .

• 44 BandB // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:47 PM

From attacking unworthy posters to bleating about being traduced in one easy slither. Wow!

• 45 Munster Mag // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:47 PM

Pardew was a cnut ! Hey this is therapeutic 🙂

• 46 BandB // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:49 PM

When I first posted on here it was the height of OV.
    I was slaughtered from all angles nearly every time I posted.
    I just kept posting.
    I didn’t slither off to hide under a rock, to re-emerge when I sensed there was a fair wind behind my back.
    It’s pathetic.

• 47 Mister Tuff // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Wow – just been catching up without posting anything and I see a couple of pot shots at me – it has to be said from the usual suspects.
    jib/Jeff -deflection – what are you on about. There is no problem folk on here having an opinion but when you are quoting things as facts -you should be accurate. Your constant gaffes highlight that those espousing to be blog sages should have a very good overall knowledge and not just rely on Google.

magscar why the pot shot – you declare an objection to being maligned -yet maligne me with an unexpected pot shot.
    I hope you are not including yourself in your category of dreamer or honest Joe.
    Sir, you are neither – a hypocrite and multiple poster in my opinion are not honest Joes’.

• 48 kevymartins // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:56 PM

@bandb Ive probably one of the longest serving accounts on this blog I’ve seen a lot of accounts come and go all the old guys don’t come on anymore. I made this account when I was in 1st year High school that’s going back a lot of years. I don’t get your last post.

• 49 Average_Contents // Jul 17, 2015 at 12:59 PM

Sick of this saga now. It’s like fcuking groundhog day all over again ie lacezette, pea and remy.

Who knows who’s to blame though. It could be the club, it could be him, it could be Anderlect, it could be his dad or it could be his agent. fcuk, it could be his aunt but if she had balls she’d be his uncle!

• 50 BandB // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:00 PM

There’s hardly a single post magscar has ever made that does not contain a sh*t sandwich for those ghastly neggers in it somewhere.

• 51 lesh // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:01 PM

Charnley’s been well trained to look after the pennies and the pounds’ll look after themselves.

• 52 BandB // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:03 PM

I know you have been around a very long time and what I’m describing there doesn’t describe you or many others.

• 53 israeli_fan // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:03 PM

Pini zehavi said that mitrovic will sign soon!! He is his agent and just talked on israeli radio station

• 54 lesh // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:04 PM

Munster Mag

I ain’t moaning bonny lad – just as frustrated as most others that things are dragging on.

It’s not new is it so I trust you can understand fans’ frustrations?

• 55 israeli_fan // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:04 PM

When asked if he will sign for newcastle he laughed and said you will see very soon

• 56 lesh // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:05 PM

israeli_fan @53

Mitrovic to sign soon? For whom? Did he say?

• 57 lesh // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:06 PM

Ah, you answered my question @55.

Still no clue then!

• 58 israeli_fan // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:08 PM

No but probably for newcastle, PZ is probably the most famous agent in the world with the most contacts, and since he said last week mitrovic will sign for newcastle- he probably will.

Anyhow this saga will end today

• 59 WWSBRD // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:09 PM

Seems to be an idea that an investment group are bank rolling Porto into buying Mitrovic and they have out bid us, not sure why they would need to put bid us but hey ho

• 60 Thump // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:11 PM

@kevy: iirc you started posting around 2010~ (don’t worry, not stalking, was looking for something unrelated a few days back and came about your first post) so I’d wager there’s a few older accounts that are still active — one of which being mine — but we’ve lost a lot of quality posters over the years.

btw I think BandB was talking about the “optimisim valley” thing, which was a wind up involving a handful of people who were sick of the same thing on the blog every day, the same people throwing the same shite, so OV was kind of a counter movement to talk about the good things. All a bit of a laugh, if anything.

• 61 looizallan // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:14 PM

Everyone’s saying ‘ah forget mitrovic, bored of hearing the story etc.’ I don’t think realise how good this player is, he looks clinical, he’s young, he’s a big striker. He would fit straight into that number nine shirt, even if he doesn’t get 9 , I’m sure another number would fit just as well! The fact that we are hopefully, maybe, slightly edging it in the race for his signature is fantastic, I think his quality would suit top four. In addition. No doubt one of the top four will buy him after he proves his worth in the prem with us, as everyone knows we are a selling club. Toon should not give up on this player. As for Austin, the only real positive things I can say is that he’s English, can’t see him scoring anymore than cisse did last season. Buying Austin and mitrovic together? Different story, I think we’d have versatility in our strike force and would show we mean business this time.
    Dont let new CBs slip your mind though. Not up for seeing that donkey Williamson in starting eleven.

• 62 Jail for Ashley // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:17 PM

OV was not a wind up at all but a very pro Ashley bunch of individuals who wanted to brow beat everyone else in to thinking the same way.

• 63 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:18 PM

I think OV is Optimism Valley if that is the bit you weren’t getting.

Was it a live interview? Zahavi said a week ago that terms had been agreed on a 5 year deal and he expected it to got through. Unless it was a live interview with him, then I suspect it is just rehashing last weeks quotes.

• 64 israeli_fan // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:18 PM

Looizalan, i didnt see much of mitrovic, but still he is a huge risk.
    Eran zehavi of maccabi tel aviv broke an european record- he scored 14 games in a row (from midfield by the way) but still when he played in palermo he was a failure.

Even shevchenko was a flop in Chelsea ad he is by far a better player than mitrovic will ever be.

For me the beat realiatic target is javier herrnandez to play with cisse

• 65 israeli_fan // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:19 PM

lG it was live in gali tzahal (israeli radio station)

• 66 BandB // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:22 PM

Nor were they averse to the two-footed tackle. No fun at all if you were on the receiving end.
    But isn’t that the way. One woman’s “sh*t” is another man’s “go on mate, you tell her!”

• 67 kevymartins // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:23 PM

@thump I thought I was on here well before 2010 lol I think I can remember posting on Well before we got relegated which was like 2008/9 season I think. Aye a lot of posters have disappeared Geordie German an all not sure if he still post.

• 68 dok - the horrid colonial // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:23 PM

gmorning all, from the dark side of the pond..

rest in peace, Liam and John, brothers in arms… you’ve made me even more proud to be a member of Toon Army, and you will never be forgotten by my family stateside…

my 8 year old son asked last year about this tragic event, and why everyone applauded.. I explained it to him, and throughout last season, he was amazed how every game, everyone clapped…. even opposing managers did. my lad told me afterwards it made him proud that we are NUFC supporters, and that he bets they were in heaven looking down, and smiling at all of us…

just thought id share…

• 69 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:28 PM

If it was live then that is a good thing. Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel, and Charnley can move on to sorting out one centre half at a time.

• 70 optimistic prime // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:32 PM

Been locked out the blog since my last post, wouldn’t let me log in.

I can’t say with any belief that the club has changed it’s aproach, new coach fair enough. We’ve signed one player and are linked with many, so far our links with Mitrovich and others are just links. Where are Bony Lacazzete and PEA playing now?

I’m not panicking or going over the top or any such thing that other posters claim I’m being justifiably concerned about the way our window looks to be panning out.

The club has done nothing to make me feel I should give them the benifit of waiting and seeing, the proof of the pudding is in the tasting and at the minute It’s uncooked with missing ingredients.

• 71 Jail for Ashley // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:36 PM

I think there were only about four or five posters who blamed Pardew for all our failings, three of them wouldn’t even acknowledge that Ashley was to blame in any way shape or form. Until it became so obvious it simply couldn’t be denied any longer.

• 72 israeli_fan // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:37 PM

It looks promising

• 73 Jail for Ashley // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:42 PM

”The boycott against Tottenham was a case in point , if ones perception of the state of fan discontent was based on this blog at the time , one could have expected virtually nobody turning up , the truth was virtually nobody boycotted.”
    ”Jail for Ashley
    10K protested
    A boycott is not turning up at all – walking out after KO at whatever time is a protest.”
    Conflicting, confusing, what’s your point.

• 74 Offkey // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:44 PM

Have we started making our own luck yet?
    Where is that horse?
    Dont worry, he is not leaving until we win something!

• 75 kevymartins // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:48 PM

@jail we will not see the positives/Negatives of Pardew leaving untill we see how this season pans out. Early days yet but if you follow nufc on Twitter and see the videos that they have been posting its looking pritty awesome. The players are doing ball work and positioning training in pre season more mental training compared to Pardews Physicall training.

• 76 Jib // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:50 PM

You see stuff is happening all the time.
    According to Sahr Senesie , Antonio Rudiger’s half brother and agent we made a concrete offer of $18 millon to Stuttgart on Tuesday, only for AR to have a knee problem on Wednesday which needs surgery.
    According to the article we have turned our sights back on Matip who is cheaper anyway.

• 77 optimistic prime // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:51 PM

What happened to that young lad Tony or Toney?

• 78 optimistic prime // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:53 PM

According to my mam Santa clause and the Easter Bunny are real.

• 79 Jail for Ashley // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:55 PM

A revolution is taking place. Payers are training with a ball and being asked who can take corners.

• 80 kevymartins // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:55 PM

Looks like Delph to city is going through after all. Wonder what the fee is.

• 81 Jib // Jul 17, 2015 at 1:57 PM

Jail for Ashley
    You said 10K boycotted
    No they didn’t
    There was 47k there
    The only comparable Sunday tea-time game was Stoke City and 47k turned up for that one , and that one was not on Sky.

• 82 Jail for Ashley // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:00 PM

There were 47K shown as that was including the tickets already sold. It was widely acknowledged by many different sources that there were 10K empty seats,

• 83 Jail for Ashley // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:02 PM

”Although the official attendance was announced as 47,427 at a ground customarily filled to 52,000 capacity it appears all season ticket holders were automatically included regardless of whether they actually turned up. Certainly the amount of empty seats in the stands seemed more indicative of a figure somewhat closer to the 40,000 mark.”
    From The Guardian. Not The Mag.

• 84 croftus5678 // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:04 PM

@61 loo

i realise how good he is and that he is too good for us hence worth waiting for as i’m a huge promoter for stepping up a class or go nowhere !

thing is the risk factor !
    he’s kept us waiting and guessing for 2 weeks with reports he’s close ! his agent his farther ect if a deal was to be done it would have been done before now surely ?

now chelsea has shown intrest do you think he will still choose us if there are better options ?

so the risk is do we still hope he signs wasting time to sign another striker and in honesty i can see us ending up with no striker as opposed to the one striker we may get if we sign one or do we move on getting a striker in who maybe is not as good but will improve us ?

he is the best we can hope for imo but its not worth putting all our eggs in one basket any longer imo.

• 85 Jib // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:05 PM

You do well not to quote the Mag
    They said the Council fire safety figures were 36k.
    The council said the Mag are liars.

• 86 Jail for Ashley // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:08 PM

That was some deflection that mind, you nearly had someone’s eye out.

• 87 hibbit // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:10 PM

jeff don’t miss quote the city council they never at any time said the mag were liars

• 88 Jail for Ashley // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:12 PM

You’d do well not to quote jeff .
    He said there were 47K there.

• 89 Jib // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:13 PM

In the same article (by that famous toon fan Louise Taylor) it is said there was 500 protesters (non ST holders) and the Guardian SURMISED that all ST holders were included .
    It looked to me that the crowd was about 10% down which is normal for a Sunday tea-time game shown on Sky

• 90 hibbit // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:14 PM

jeff what you don’t know you make

• 91 hibbit // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:16 PM

jeff if that’s what you think you should have gone to SPACSAVERS

• 92 hibbit // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:20 PM

a blind man on a galloping horse could see there was no were near 47000 in the ground

• 93 Jib // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:21 PM

• 94 Jib // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:23 PM

After receiving that response from the council
    They still printed it was 36 K
    Pack of lying scum bags

• 95 optimistic prime // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:24 PM

How do you decide which article you’re going to beleive or should I say promote?

You must get a 100 hits, do you read them all and decide?

Obviously you live in Benidorm the sunny suburb of Liverpool so you couldn’t have seen the numbers at the match yourself, me thinks you just choose which ever one contradicts the points others are trying to make. Whether it’s accurate or not.

• 96 Jail for Ashley // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:24 PM

Nobody is disputing the official attendance figures. It was widely reported that there were about 10K empty seats.

• 97 stan anderson // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:26 PM

I think the slug has put big money on Austin but even more on the real target Mitro to make a killing for himself.
    Dont trust the slug.
    Ashley OOT.

• 98 BandB // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:29 PM

I have photographs taken outside the ground and published on the blog on the day which show way more than 500 protesters outside the ground.
    I believe Ibizatoon may have also posted them on his Twitter account at the time.

• 99 kevymartins // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:30 PM

I know you guys are sick of hearing it but “apparently” Mitrovic and Mbemba are not training with Alderlect now.

• 100 Jail for Ashley // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:32 PM

scumbags ! wow,
    I thought that was a term more appropriate for people who mocked the afflicted or wished cancer on somebody.
    Will the real jeff from benwell please stand up !

• 101 hibbit // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:33 PM

i could live with all this rubbish about forwards if we had the back 4 sorted

• 102 Jib // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:34 PM

They haven’t been training for days

• 103 optimistic prime // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:34 PM

Still got mine

• 104 optimistic prime // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:35 PM

They have been training!
    They just haven’t played pre season games.

• 105 Mister Tuff // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:36 PM

Hahaahaha – what a good laugh – the blog is always good for a chuckle every now and then.

jib/Jeff calling others a pack of lying scumbags.
    That from an abuse spouting, homophobic, zenophobic scumbay is a bit rich.
    As for lying – let me remind you of your “Ian Toon” moment.
    A message from Tsunki to Jeff was answered immediately by you posting as jib.
    What a Tool
    What a knacker
    Wat een vilder

• 106 BandB // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:37 PM

They are still there for anyone to see on Ibiza’s twitter site…along with the packed ground.
    And you too………looking a bit drarked.

• 107 Ibizatoon // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:39 PM

• 108 Ibizatoon // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:39 PM

• 109 Ibizatoon // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:40 PM

• 110 Our Toon // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:40 PM

Think I read somewhere the fee for Delph was 8m which is a bargain if true

• 111 Rotonda heights // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:40 PM

mitro wants the same wages as wijnaldum, ie 60k a week, 3m a year. does he have a case?

• 112 Ibizatoon // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:40 PM

And a trip down memory lane isn’t complete without this little champ…

Right, back to work. Hope you’re all having fun x

• 113 geordie157 // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:40 PM

if we are actually in for Mitrovic and Mbemba, might as well make it a triple swoop and get Tielemans too!!

• 114 optimistic prime // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:43 PM

There there but some refuse to see them

• 115 Rotonda heights // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:43 PM

if charmless pulled off mitro and mbemba (sorry re-phrase that!) I would have to do the proverbial in fenwick’s window

• 116 Our Toon // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Which is it I struggle to keep up, if I went back to the postings in June I bet you’ve written something like….stop moaning the window doesn’t open till 1st July. Now we’ve got to 17th July you’ve moved the posts to “6 weeks left”.

• 117 Our Toon // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:45 PM

If it wasn’t for the moaners or the whingers you’d still have Carver or pardew as manager, those that took a stand have made you feel alot more optimistic about our club….made Ashley come out and give you hope!!

• 118 Our Toon // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Yes he does have a case because Austin would probably command the same amount

• 119 belgrade fan // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:48 PM

remember I told you we don’t rate Mitrovic even here in SErbia. Now you know why. Even when he was playing here his head was thinking only about money

• 120 Jib // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:50 PM

Yup exactly like the Guardian said about 500

• 121 Thump // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:52 PM

Give him £60k when he scores 15 in a season. Until then, make him work for his money.

• 122 Munster Mag // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:53 PM

Interesting point Belgrade fan. As I said last night, he can kiss his fathers arse for all i care now. I cant see why we cant just make a decent bid for Austin. Its going back to last years pointlless brinkmanship.

• 123 BandB // Jul 17, 2015 at 2:59 PM

I recall Jeff from Benwell trying to pass off a photograph of the MAOC march taken in the pouring rain, in an equally risible effort to show there were “less then 200” at the Boycott Spurs protest.

• 124 belgrade fan // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:01 PM

Its not only him. But this one is hard core. Every young player here thinks only about money. BUT when they play here for REd star or Partizan they don’t show that. This one was always money money. Austin every day

• 125 Munster Mag // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:01 PM

Our Toon, thats bollocks. Pardew left ( thankfully) because he wasnt doing well and more importantly Palace wanted him. I supported the Ashley out campaign, such as it was. I do think the club has changed a little but will admit to being a tool when / if i am wrong. The summer window isnt closed yet. We wanted Mitrovic because he is v good – well done for going for him. he is clearly a freeloader though and taking the family to Newcastle was just a stroke.

• 126 Our Toon // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Belgrade fan

Sorry it’s wrong that someone is choosing to get the best deal for a job they do? Would you work for more money doing the same job?

I said the other day we can’t offer CL so money is the only asset we have compared to the others interested. Relegation fodder last season we hardly have a line of really good players looking to join us

• 127 Our Toon // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:05 PM

Pardew left because he was hated, he went somewhere he knew he’d be worshipped, he’s pretty much said so as well that a big factor behind the move was the love the fans have for him.

• 128 belgrade fan // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:05 PM

our toon

As I said this one is ONLY about money. If we do sign him we will have player who will play for himself, not for the Toon. Also know him personally, hot head, thinks he is center of universe

• 129 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:09 PM

If he was just after the cash he would have joined us already as we are going to be offering higher wages than Porto or Roma would. The fact he hasn’t signed for the person offering the most shows that he is probably considering his development over money.

He wouldn’t get as much money at Porto, but that is what the papers have said was his first choice from the start. I think it is more about European football than development.

Anyway, the money thing could be said about 90% of footballers. So if we decide we don’t want people who play for the cash, and those who want to sign for us ahead of any other club then we are going to be looking at a very small group of players.

• 130 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:11 PM

*European football and development then money.

• 131 belgrade fan // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:14 PM

Agree, just say know this one personally.
    So, if he does sign for us over POrto, isn’t it only because of money?? POrto offers CL, we offer money.

• 132 Our Toon // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:14 PM

Belgrade Fan

I’ll ask the question again, would you do the same job that you have now for more money?

To you and me it’s a sport, to mitrovic it’s a career, it’s his job. If he can’t play at the highest level of club football then rightly he’ll want more money. The last striker who was like that was a fella called Remy, before him it was someone called Ba. The ones who are happy to be here and aren’t self centered are Riviere and Gouffran.

Give me an arrogant young talent over a mediocre happy to be here run of the mill player!! Do you think Charlie Austin is at QPR because he enjoys playing in front of 17k or is it the money he was offered to join them that enticed him.

Sign em both Austin and Mitrovic or one of them but please hurry the fusk up about it so we can concentrate on defensive reinforcements

• 133 lesh // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:16 PM

I fancy it Mitrovic’s parents calling the shots on this one.

Now if you were them with no guarantee of a right to live in the UK and were faced with Newcastle, Rome or Porto……….. well, where would you fancy?

I know where I’d prefer!

• 134 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:18 PM

How can you agree when I have said the opposite of what you have just been saying?

It depends whether Porto have tabled a credible bid yet. Rumours say they have but who knows. He may not get a choice of who to sign for. Lots of variables are involved. I’d say if he comes here, it is because nobody else matched our bid to Anderlecht.

His agent said terms were agreed a week ago, so it is either he is waiting for a move to a club that will be better for his football, or we haven’t matched the asking fee to Anderlecht yet. If it is the former then clearly the money isn’t the decisive factor.

• 135 belgrade fan // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:19 PM

Again, I m watching only our interest. And I wanted to mention Remy, glad you did it first. I m also glad we start spending big money.
    Again and again, know this one personally, ego maniac

• 136 lesh // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:20 PM

If it hasn’t been posted already, here’s a new slant on Mitrovic and Porto

• 137 Bambams // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:21 PM

If we are to believe the reports that his father pulls the strings and suggested 27k after tax was not enough then his father must be rather greedy.
    Possibly selling the fact his son is ‘one major tackle from ending his career’ so therefore ‘take the biggest wage’
    The fact ( if Porto have offered the fee) he still has not signed for a CL club suggests we are still in the hunt and the highest wage gets him.
    In a way I agree and yet disagree. ..
    If I was a professional footballer I would want to play at the highest level, but then again security for my family if I did have a career ending injury makes you question should you take the wage (and hope you get another chance of CL later)

Fed up with all the delays mind you and still no CB’S

• 138 belgrade fan // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:21 PM

I agree money talks for 90% of players and glad we start spending

• 139 Our Toon // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:23 PM

Any news on CB’s buddy are does all that hinge on which striker we can entice? Becoming a little bit disheartened here at the serious lack of movement

• 140 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:24 PM

MAybe, it is getting more and more blurry. The agent says terms are agreed on a 5 year deal, the dad says there is no rush to sign anywhere, nothing concrete from either club on the stage we are at. It could be anything, but the only person to have spoken who is employed in some capacity to work on the deal says Mitrovic, Zahavi and NUFC have agreed terms.

There is a rabbit off somewhere, but figuring out where exactly is just guess work for us and the sports ‘journalists’. Everyone reported the 48 hour deadline, that looks like it was a load of nonsense.

• 141 optimistic prime // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:25 PM

How do I link a picture to my account?

• 142 Our Toon // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:26 PM

Interesting article, is that kind of thing legal? Thought UEFA wanted to outlaw that

• 143 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Our Toon,
    The only change on centre backs seems to be our interest in Mbemba. Something is going on there as both he and Mitrovic weren’t at training this morning. A double deal??

Jib posted a link about us bidding for Rudiger, only for him to get injured, but nothing concrete.

If Porto did match the asking price it was only in the last 24 hours. Today he misses training with Anderlecht. Coincidence?

• 144 Mister Tuff // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:31 PM

mitrovic – the only definites that we know about are – his agent says he’ll sign and the dad says there is no rush.
    Anything else is speculation/invention.
    There was a report last week that the Anderlecht president was away until this weekend and nothing would be finalised until then. That might be true.
    I anticipate he will sign for us.

• 145 Bambams // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Lilongwe Geordie
    Just noticed the link he has missed training fella…..

Where is he though ?

• 146 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 17, 2015 at 3:39 PM

Who knows! Mbemba missed swell who we have been heavily linked with. I’d be quite happy if they turned up at Newcastle Airport in the next hour or so. Alternatively, Mitrovic could be in discussions with Porto. Is Zahavi still in Newcastle?

• 147 Bambams // Jul 17, 2015 at 4:01 PM

Lilongwe Geordie

Who knows where the agent is, it’s all just cloak and dagger with our club.

I am constantly looking at Twitter but nowt, newsnow the same.

If they were in Toon someone would have noticed something surely.

• 148 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Jul 17, 2015 at 4:09 PM

belgrade fan

Mogu samo da mislim. Neka teska bagretina….ne treba da ga podpisu!

• 149 belgrade fan // Jul 17, 2015 at 4:24 PM

ma klasik srpski klinac, samo kinta I kurve

previous post: McClaren – Players Beginning To Understand What I Want