The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Mitrovic In Newcastle Black And White Strip – Photo

6:44 pm, Monday, July 20th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 215 Comments

Here is the first photo we’ve seen of Aleksandar Mitrovic wearing the famous black and white shirt of Newcastle United, and he’s wearing it at the Hilton Hotel in Newcastle – there’s the Tyne Bridge in the background and you see the Hilton name on the window.

Thinks – wonder which hotel he’s staying at in Newcastle?

Now he mightn’t get any sleep tonight.

🙂

Now he wouldn’t be wearing this if he had failed his medical now would he.

It also looks like he likes wearing the Newcastle United shirt at his hotel – he seems to have just kept it on – brilliant!

And there’s news (a video in Serbian) from back in 2011 when he was 16 and at Partizan – he was asked what his favorite club was, and he said Partizan Belgrade of course – followed by Newcastle United in the English League.
mitrovic in blask anc white

Aleksandar Mitrovic – Newcastle United striker

Tags: Aleksandar Mitrovic · Contracts · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

215 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jib // Jul 20, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Hilton Gateshead
    Where Cabella stayed last summer

• 2 Noel Worst // Jul 20, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Good choice of footwear, this lad likes a practical, functional, no-nonsense boot – a man’s man!

• 3 Ron Knee // Jul 20, 2015 at 6:51 PM

Welcome back, TFL!

• 4 magpiesi // Jul 20, 2015 at 6:51 PM

Just saw it on twitter

Stories claiming we are still interested in
    Matip,Austin,banega doing the rounds on twitter

Bamford to cp
    Chelsea’s F Luis back to Spain and makems have bid 8m for spurs Dembele I liked him but doesn’t score enough.

• 5 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 20, 2015 at 6:52 PM

Of hes wearing a shirt, i would suspect he’s off to an unveiling?? Or theres a whole lot of photoshoppin’ goin’ on.

• 6 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 20, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Of = If*

Much swearing at my telecommunications device.

• 7 Mister Tuff // Jul 20, 2015 at 6:56 PM

Does appear to me that Wally has much more influence with Mr Tubbs than King Percy did.
    (Don’t blame him I wouldn’t hace trusted King Percy with my wallet viz signing Obertron).
    Hopefully it continues for a summer spree of five players. That would then be a reasonable foundation upon which to build.
    As well as trying to introduce a new philosophy Wally and his team will have to remove traces of the previous regimes Percy and Carvers’ doctrines/1980’s coaching.
    It’s going OK at the moment -hope it continues.

• 8 optimistic prime // Jul 20, 2015 at 6:56 PM

Ghost town

I’m anything but balanced, I’ve just ran out of steam and my throats sore off screaming and shouting.

• 9 magpiesi // Jul 20, 2015 at 6:56 PM

All the photos and stuff at sjp will be done just waiting possibly for last bit of paper work from medical,uefa clearance or mr Ashley to press TRANSFER!! on his online bank.

• 10 Mister Tuff // Jul 20, 2015 at 6:57 PM

Ian Toon – stop your mishief and trickery posing as Carl.
    You need to stop with this mullarkey – give it a rest man.

• 11 optimistic prime // Jul 20, 2015 at 6:57 PM

Is that a lady behind the man in the suit or is JFK in toon?

• 12 Noel Worst // Jul 20, 2015 at 6:58 PM

YCMIU

Nah, he’s off to meet wor Cheryl in club colours at the nearest pub, knock a few back and claim the Geordie Queen as his own!

• 13 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:01 PM

Noel

• 14 Spellcheck // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:01 PM

What a great pair of signings so far for our great team. Couple of centre backs of the highest quality for sure is needed. Good to hear TFL is well enough to chat. HWTL. My expectations are increasing by the day. Roll on August 9th. You couldn’t Make it up.

• 15 Jib // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:01 PM

I thought Mr Tuff was the Geordie Queen

• 16 croftus5678 // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:02 PM

whoohoo now chancel and abdennour please.

• 17 firebug666 // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:02 PM

Great to here from you TFL, wishing you a speedy recovery mate.

• 18 BigB75 // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:03 PM

TFL!!!! great to hear all is going well mate. May it continue!

• 19 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:04 PM

• 20 mickalfas // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Glad to see you back Tfl
    HWTF

• 21 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:05 PM

Oh i see, it was a statement, not my name….

(I knew that really 😉 )

• 22 potski // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:06 PM

Yes, it’s him, or his brother, or some random guy doing the cleaning. Anyway, Waved to him through my office window from other side of Tyne Bridge. Going home now, will pop in to Hylton for a cuppa on the way.

• 23 NotAGhostToon // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Op only the most balanced people I know will admit that they’re not balanced!

• 24 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:08 PM

Thank you to everyone for your wishes I am overwhelmed and the pic of Mitrovic in a toon shirt has made my smile bigger 🙂

• 25 Spellcheck // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:08 PM

Please get rid of Obertan & Williamson. Personally I would like to see Albeid given a chance to shine in Black n White triples. In SM I trust.

• 26 Spellcheck // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Ycmiu, well rescued.

• 27 sing in the corner // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:10 PM

He’s got a 13-14 year old size shirt on! Bad research by the welcoming party

• 28 Bambams // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Once upon a time we would of given new signings a top and shorts….

Ash you are so tight, spend some money ?

• 29 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Yes!! Mitrov-

I mean,

Yes!! TFL is still alive!!!! Great to here from you man. 🙂

• 30 Bambams // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:11 PM

? = attempted smiley face

• 31 BandB // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:12 PM

NAGT

I saw you post earlier.
    Your generation doesn’t have a monopoly on unbridled optimism you know.

We weren’t born grumpy. We got that way from seeing bright new tomorrow’s turn into all out yesterdays.

You can positively reinforce a sow’s ear for the rat of your life. It won’t turn it into a silk purse.

I hate that kind of self-serving management gobsh*te invented by talentless knackers, anyway.

• 32 Bambams // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Wonder when the press conference will be, unless they have pre recorded one with the chosen few again !

Actually if they continue to make significant signings I won’t be bothered if they continue with the pre recorded interviews

• 33 BandB // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:15 PM

Spectacle-aided repost.

NAGT

I saw your post earlier.
    Your generation doesn’t have a monopoly on unbridled optimism you know.

We weren’t born grumpy. We got that way from seeing bright new tomorrow’s turn into all our yesterdays.

You can positively reinforce a sow’s ear for the rest of your life. It won’t turn it into a silk purse.

• 34 carl // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:18 PM

Mr T
    Haven’t you driven enough bloggers away with your silly and childish name calling. Self delusion, self righteousness,elitism in seeing yourself as the blog controller.
    Your cliquishness doesn’t bother me. I wasn’t phased when you claimed Ruddy was performing Paddy Mc Ginty’s goat at the Theatre Royal. Oh, he is!

• 35 NotAGhostToon // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:19 PM

BandB you lost me a little in the last sentence. There’s a limit, I don’t expect people to look at rubbish and see diamonds. I also don’t expect people to jump on the I love ashley bus. However highlighting past crap doesn’t appear to help anything particularly when our wishes last year seem to be being answered one by one. Still a long way to go but I’m sure even you hope I’m right!

• 36 croftus5678 // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:22 PM

ayup tfl hope all went well buddy and its all over now.

• 37 Bobbybee // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:22 PM

We’ll never sign Wijnaldum. No chance of us paying that for Mitrovic. We need defenders… GTF IN!!! Time to enjoy the coming season. Please, less of the negativity in future. We wanted a team that tries and Macca’s putting it together. In fact, he may well be putting a team that wins something. This is all we asked for, right? Let’s get SJP back to the place teams were scared to visit and do our bit to back the team to the hilt.

• 38 BandB // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:23 PM

NAGT

Of course I hope you are right.
    I have hoped hundreds of bloggers would be right and “I told you so” me until the day I die.
    I won’t be reading. I will be watching the football at SJP
    They just never have been …to date.

• 39 Ibizatoon // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:24 PM

Cor, serious case of deja vu going on…

I best start looking for those title deeds for OV…a fortune to be made.

• 40 croftus5678 // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:26 PM

with wij/mit and chancel as minimum amount of signings the club has earnt my respect and have shown ambition !

they still need to make up for all the poor footy and embarasment over the past years though through mistake after mistake but this season i’ll be smiling for the first few games unless the new signings dont turn out as good as we expect.

• 41 optimistic prime // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:30 PM

Let’s start a conspiracy theory.

I think TFL is fibbing about being in hospital, I reckon he’s really Lee Charnley and has been to busy to post due to the Mitrovic deal.

• 42 NotAGhostToon // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:30 PM

BandB I do have a fear that we will see this lot bought in and nothing much more for a few years and then slowly sell this lot which would be a direct repeat. It just seems to be overwhelmingly going in the right direction right now.

Ps I’ll never tell you ‘I told you so’ because as soon as I do it will give you permission to do the same when it inevitably goes the other way!

• 43 Belfast // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:32 PM

Is the Serbian bloke about to do the moonwalk?

• 44 BandB // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:36 PM

NAGT

What purpose would me “I told you so-ing” people serve?

It is faintly pathetic.

A good guide on the blog is that most of those who have not indulged in “I told you so” antics still have the same blog names they have had for years.

• 45 carl // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:36 PM

NotAGT
    I have already stated the same point. It frequently seems that many in fact don’t hope your right. We have got to move on. Long way to go and nobody is lauding any achievements just yet but we’ve made progress in the transfer market and got shot of the incompetent Carver.

• 46 lesh // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:37 PM

He’s obviously been given an (undersize) shirt to pose for a pic for an hotel guest.

Why the delay in announcing Mitrovic’s signing? Unless they’re signing Mbemba and want to announce them simultaneously? Just a thought.

On another note, the Toon-Rangers link’s still going strong – Tavernier’s signed for ’em!

• 47 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:37 PM

OP
    I wish, although I wear spectacles I’m taller and less folically challenged than Penfold lol

• 48 Bobbybee // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:37 PM

Joking apart, this isn’t the time for ‘I told you so’ or being smug that we were right, or wrong, or whatever. This is the time for burying the hatchet and enjoying what we’ve been asking for. It’s time to try to forget the pain and move forward together, UNITED. Times are changing for the better. We’ve all suffered enough, whether we’ve carried on going or boycotted. By the time the season kicks off we’ll have a team to be proud of. The rest is just history now.

• 49 bettyswallocks // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:37 PM

BandB…….I’m a cynical old git, just wondering what your thoughts are now?

• 50 overtheline // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:38 PM

Glass totally empty then BandB ?
    I’ve probably seen more yesterdays than you but still look forward to bright new tomorrows.
    Maybe not when it comes to Toon silverware, though … but a triumph of hope over experience can still be a glass half full

• 51 remy D // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:39 PM

Here softy pipe down you f??cking melt

• 52 Bambams // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:39 PM

It is great we have signed to very good players. It’s about time we had something to be happy about.

I do not think this will be the end of the spending, I don’t think we will go for Austin now and I think he may have been second option.

I do think we will bring in two CB’S and they are just as important as the two signings we have made.

I can’t see obertan attracting a fee, possibly Marveaux would. Abeid would as would Saylor. We will be selling either this window or January for certain

I think Mac has had a very positive input and his backroom staff look professional.

Let’s just enjoy the moment and see who else we bring in.

• 53 lesh // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:41 PM

Belfast

A moonwalk?

No chance, he’s just heard there’s a happy hour at the Central bar and he’s legging it across there!

• 54 Shadow_Shearer // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:42 PM

Now he’s in the black & white shirt, & still haven’t been announced. Do we really have to wait until his pal mbemba signs to announce both at the same time. This is dragging on. He better not walk away after all this time!!

Sounds more like he favours the black & white colours, rather than support newcastle Ed!!

• 55 BandB // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:42 PM

I suggested we would sign two £12m pound players this summer.
    Two six million pound ones.
    And a couple for the future.
    Around £40m. Before Ashley opened his gob.
    Has that been exceeded?
    It’s on the record, and never contradicted.

• 56 lesh // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Why’s everyone arguing?

We should be jumping with joy at the prospects for this window – not bitching about who said what, when and to whom.

• 57 Belfast // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:45 PM

Who’s softy Remyd?

• 58 magpiesi // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:45 PM

I think the rangers scenario changed Ashley he thought he could run two clubs nice and easy until the take over at rangers. He still has a little hold of Thier merch income.

He did say he would contine to fund nufc until the end of next season when all the sack pardew.com was about he went.

Ashley has been stewing on his next move for 5 months then decides last day to give the interview wanting fan support to stay up we did he knows the tv money increases next year so wants to protect it.

I don’t think pardew would have left if he knew there was around £50m to spend in summer.

• 59 Cool Hand Luke // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:46 PM

Nothing to see here folks, he bought it in Sports Directand it has Williamson – 6 on the back.

• 60 lesh // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:48 PM

Ahhh

ToonfromLeeds

Good to have you back on board young fella. The Blog’s average IQ’s just jumped up by 10 points!

Everybody was batting for you and now your here, no more ducking out – geddit!

😉

• 61 NotAGhostToon // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:48 PM

BandB I’ve always had the same name just rarely posted!

Totally agree, the less the blog was I told you so’s the better. Really hoping Ashley sees the positive effects of investing this time round.

P.s. Your 40m target isn’t looking too far off

• 62 Mister Tuff // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:49 PM

Ian/Carl
    glad you’ve passed my test -confirms that you are the master multiple – same tired old spiel from your entire gang of imposters. The same constant message accompanied by a few lies always confirms my suspicion.
    Nice of you to oblige.

You should be ashamed of acting as a trailblazer for all these other multiples/idiots/wums recently who have followed your lead.

Seem we have another trickster Remy D making a late appearance. Begone you fool to the Ladies Wrestling Forum.

• 63 remy D // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:49 PM

Band g don’t think anyone cares what you said.could be that you’re a pure spaz like

• 64 BandB // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:51 PM

NAGT

I didn’t think otherwise.
    I try not to respond to people I suspect have changed their blog names.
    They always have that micey “you don’t know who I am, do you?” smirk about them.

• 65 BandB // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:52 PM

Remy

You’ve made me cry now.
    Awwwwwwww!

• 66 lesh // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:52 PM

The Gateshead Hilton just doesn’t have the same ring to it as say Paris Hilton does it.

No, that wasn’t an abysmal attempt at double entendre!

😀

• 67 Mister Tuff // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:52 PM

Be off with you you filthy mouthed, ignorant scumbag.

• 68 remy D // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:53 PM

Percy Mr tubs wally?wow is you’re boyfriend really impressed with that

• 69 firebug666 // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:53 PM

For me my relationship with the club is severely damaged,but not irreparable. However it will take a lot more than a couple of signings to turn my head.

I will want to see the team trying to, if not winning every game, I want to get through a January transfer window without losing our best player to the bench of bigger teams, but most of all I want the soul and passion returned to the club.

Ashley destroyed the club to benefit his SD tat shop, and still fleeces the club to that aim. He is a parasite and he almost sucked the club dry, So now he is breathing a little life back into it, and it’s not for his love of the fans, more than likely it’s to keep his SD feeding of it.

• 70 Belfast // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:54 PM

I was just reading about Tavenier there Lesh. Good signing for Rangers.

• 71 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Well thankyou Lesh, although I will only be on here in short periods whilst I’m recovering 🙂

• 72 Mister Tuff // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:57 PM

jib/jeff/jane -save you a Google search here. Paris Hilton has just been mentioned -for your information it is not the female celebrity called Paris Hilton that is being discussed – but a hotel in the city of Paris.

• 73 mickalfas // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:57 PM

Firebug
    Spot on !
    Thought I was the odd one out
    Perfect post

• 74 optimistic prime // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:58 PM

TFL

Who you signing next?
    Come on let me earn a few quid 😉

• 75 Ibizatoon // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:58 PM

Carl…It may seem that way, but your completely wrong. People do hope things have changed for the better. Actually believing they have isn’t as straightforward for some, as it is others.

What use is it just to pretend something? At the end of the day, is it not best that people just be themselves and say what it is they think? Be that positive, negative or indifferent?

• 76 Jib // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:58 PM

remy d
    You’re a bit late CBBC finished over an hour ago.

• 77 firebug666 // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:01 PM

mickalfas

You are not alone! 😀

• 78 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:01 PM

Lesh Charlie Austin and Aymen Abdennour

• 79 Ibizatoon // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:01 PM

TFL…Glad to hear you’re alright.

BandB…For what it’s worth…I do.

• 80 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:01 PM

or even OP

• 81 welshgeordie9 // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:02 PM

ToonFromLeeds

Glad to see you back on here mate.

• 82 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:02 PM

ty Ibiza and everyone for your wishes it is a real comfort

• 83 Mister Tuff // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:02 PM

Whilst I normally refrain from being the grammar police – in certin circumstances it is necessary to try an educate an ignorant fellow when he turns up on the blog.

“you’re boyfriend” is an incorrect use of the English language should be “your boyfriend”.
    What a thicko and dope to boot.
    Clear off to the Ladies Wrestling forum you ignorant potty mouthed scumbag.

• 84 Belfast // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:03 PM

• 85 BandB // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:03 PM

Jib,

Can you see this oil off the premises for me.
    I’m used to far more sophisticated forms of abuse 🙂

• 86 SUTTY1978 // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:03 PM

So quick poll, if we get in the 4-5 players we all think are required to show ambitigon, how many of you will be going back to watch live footy @ SJP next season? Just interested.

• 87 BandB // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:03 PM

oik…

• 88 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:03 PM

Well the nurse says I have to put my phone away and rest now so speak tomorrow, hope we have a player or two announced tomorrow.
    thanks guys 🙂

• 89 remy D // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:03 PM

What’s a jib? Yea good one who helped you with that dog nonce

• 90 kilcline // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:04 PM

Hope you are on the mend TFL

Need defenders now

• 91 optimistic prime // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:05 PM

Tfl

I’m off to the bookies.

Any chance of a RB understudy and a cpl of wingers, while I’m at it Berihino would be nice and could you offload colo and Saylor if you have time.

• 92 firebug666 // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:05 PM

Rest easy TFL, the signings will come mate, your recovery is more important.

• 93 lochinvar // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:06 PM

ToonfromLeeds
    Clearly you have been directing the transfer of Mitrovic from your secret location in Leeds. Can you confirm who you have lined up next for us ?
    Keep up the good work !

• 94 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:07 PM

Looks like i have returned just in time for an attack of another village idiot. I suggest ignoring it. It will gibber about for a while,occasionally snarling like an extra from “world war z” then eventually devour what’s left of it’s own meagre brain, and die.

• 95 remy D // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:09 PM

That’s twice soft knob has talked about wresting.do you still watch it?you do don’t you haha what a geek man.if you smell what the softys cooking and all that ha get in man

• 96 King Colback // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:09 PM

was ed been a bit premature??? lol

• 97 optimistic prime // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:10 PM

Has ed just deleted a post or is being a idiot catching today?

• 98 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:10 PM

Ed has removed the next post. Premature Blogulation?

• 99 Ibizatoon // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:11 PM

King Colback…Wow, that was a little scary. I thought Ed had deleted BandB, You and I along with that article…

“Whoops…this a 404”

• 100 firebug666 // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:11 PM

Looks like Ed is really into Newcastle, One step forward and two steps back.

• 101 Belfast // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:11 PM

What actually happened there?

• 102 Jib // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:12 PM

BandB
    I think he’s focussed on Tuffty
    If we keep quiet as wee meeces he prolly won’t notice us

• 103 optimistic prime // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:12 PM

Ibiza

I posted then it disappeared, thought I’d broke the blog.

• 104 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:13 PM

Charnleys next interview…

Well, we thought we had Mitrovic over the line, but when we went to get him, there were some clothes on the floor, along with a card that said “ERROR 404…..TRANSFER NOT FOUND”

• 105 Ibizatoon // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:14 PM

OP…Didn’t see your entry. Quite an ordeal really. Not sure a cup of tea will fix this one.

Maybe it was BandB’s “Ashley In” that did it?

• 106 King Colback // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:14 PM

haha YCMIU, don’t joke that might happpen

• 107 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:15 PM

King C

Yeah, well it’s one of very few excuses they haven’t actually used yet 😀

• 108 nightfa11 // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Good signings so far..Now..Mbemba/Abdennour & berahino.. Thats bare minimum.. Would like both defenders, but..we’ll see..

As for austin.. I just cant see mitro and austin play together.. So spending 15 Mio on austin..would much prefer forward/winger..

Like i said..berahino would be perfect..

Berahino mitro perez/aarons

And if mitro gets injured, berahino can take his place as a target man..while austin..I just cant see him fit in..

We dont have wingers to play 442..and I cant see mitro or austin play as right or left forward..

• 109 Jib // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:15 PM

I’m ashamed to admit it.
    But that kid calling Mr Tuff “soft knob” made me laugh out loud.

• 110 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:16 PM

I reposted on it too. I tried a second bit it was dead.

Yeah, blame BandB and her “Ashley In”. 😛

• 111 firebug666 // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:16 PM

YCMIU

PMSL: so that’s what happened.

• 112 Belfast // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:16 PM

He fell asleep on the keyboard

• 113 optimistic prime // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:17 PM

Ibiza

That’s what I’m saying, I read the posts tried to post myself and the thread just disappeared.

• 114 Ibizatoon // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:18 PM

Jib…So ashamed that you just had to admit it?

• 115 Belfast // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:19 PM

I know what the next article is. 🙂

• 116 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:19 PM

Nighta11

Yeah would agree we need a Berahino-type versatile fw rather than an Austin, now that we 99% have Mitrovic. Mbemba in and another defender (will accept a utility as long as they can play CB more than competently) and i think we would be ok. Would PREFER a proper out and out beast of a CB though.

• 117 optimistic prime // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:20 PM

When ed said this is the photo NUFC have just released I thought cheap barstewards, obvs they’re waiting for the Polaroids to develop.

• 118 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:21 PM

Bellend

Yep, the next article is going to be

“Mitrovic disappears in strange cybertheft incident”

• 119 Ibizatoon // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:21 PM

OP…So you never made it live? You’ve got to be quick. Cut throat place this blog.

YCMIU…I’m glad to see you made it back from the deleted thread. Just BandB unaccounted for.

• 120 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Op

Nah polaroids are too pricey. They have just dropped thier disposable camera’s in and wont get them back till tomorrow, now.

• 121 GeordieTwo // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Welcome back TFL mate!

• 122 GeordieTwo // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:24 PM

Don’t be ashamed Jib. Just be very, very quiet.

• 123 hibbit // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:24 PM

welcome home tfl you have been missed

• 124 jane // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:24 PM

‘jib/jeff/jane’

am I still a multiple 🙄

• 125 GeordieTwo // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:25 PM

Or Mr. Tuff might find you and make you cry.

• 126 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:25 PM

Ibiza

I have this image of her in a big, wide empty space, with a gradually disappearing grid on the ceiling and walls.

“Hello? HELLO!? HELLLLLLLLP!”

• 127 GeordieTwo // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:27 PM

Two good players so far, but we need at least 4 more to call it a good window. Get back to work Lee. Harrumph.

• 128 optimistic prime // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:27 PM

Someone call doc brown, we’ll need to go back to the future to save BandB

• 129 optimistic prime // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:29 PM

Ibiza

Nope, wrote it pressed send, boom, gone.

• 130 nightfa11 // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:29 PM

YouCouldntMakeItUp

I agree..we’ll just have to wait and see who becomes avalible.. If a big team buys a top defender and their current defender becomes avalible..Who knows..with current setup we might attract god knows who.. Too bad we couldnt get nastasic when he was avalible..But hed be stupid to sign for pardew.. Would probably play him as rb..

• 131 GeordieTwo // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:30 PM

A good cleansing is what we need. Right down to the scalp. Out with knackers like Obertan. Two decent CB’s, a decent winger or two, a backup for Janmaat at RB, another good striker in and Rivi out when he’s fit. Lots to do to make this a competitive club once again.

• 132 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:30 PM

Maybe the “Ashley In” split the space-time continuum. When BandB skipped back to this article, maybe it was in an alternative reality to this one. A one where we have spent 50 M on yaya toure and pique.

• 133 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:32 PM

I know i’d rather stay in that one 😀

• 134 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:33 PM

Nightfa11

Yeah Nastasic looked good. A monster of a player.

• 135 Ibizatoon // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:37 PM

OP…Can you explain the “boom” phase in any further detail? Was there any smoke? Any casulties?

YCMIU…Thinking about it. Perhaps that’s how she feels quite a lot of the time on here.

Maybe we’ll never get to know.

BandB…If you’re out there. Hold tight. Not sure what we can do to help, but, the offers there. If you can verify any transfer rumours where you are in cyberspace, that would be most kind.

• 136 optimistic prime // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:38 PM

Ibiza

A bright white light, thought I was a goner.

• 137 Altamullan // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:40 PM

Liking this blog more and more. Good humour (scuttling Cheryl ritual = class), shooing away the ‘manners-challenged’ (brings back bad memories of being challenged at Manors), welcoming back old friends, and it can’t possibly be a coincidence that we’ve lined-up/signed three quality players since I have been visiting. It’s going to be a good season folks!

• 138 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:40 PM

Put the tv on a nothing-chanel. See if we can hear her voice. Then, if we do, we tie a rope securely, and go in through the haunted bedroom. With any luck, we fall through the living room ceiling…. This blog…is clean.

• 139 firebug666 // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:43 PM

YCMIU

There here!

And they never go away.

• 140 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:44 PM

Firebug

It would all be fine, but i cant do anything in the dining room because the chairs keep piling themselves up.

• 141 firebug666 // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:46 PM

YCMIU

Pmsl: I have put a dining chair in the middle of the room.

If it moves I shall inform you from my new address.

• 142 Rotonda heights // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:46 PM

Mr Tuff at 83

Shouldn’t certin be spelt certain?

Sorry couldn’t resist!

• 143 Thump // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:49 PM

@Belfast: Yep glad you’re still alive Toon From Leeds. Although the likes of Thump, Skunki and Markass had already scattered your Ashes. Doom mongers!

In my defence, it was a symbolic scattering – my ashtray was full, couldn’t find a bin and I was walking by SJP at the time. Seemed the right thing to do!

• 144 Mister Tuff // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:50 PM

rotunda – indeed you are correct. Keyboard error and not checking -as distinct from lack of knowledge and absolute ignorance.

• 145 Mister Tuff // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:53 PM

still nothing on the official site. Perhaps one ore two news outlets have jumped the gun a bit. I think it would be correct to assume he passed his medical and has comlpleted his photo session in a Toon top. He is obviously a Toon players now.

• 146 Small World // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:53 PM

Though I’d login to nufc.co.uk and check out the availability of tickets for Southampton game. Woah – we might get 40,000 for first game if we’re lucky. All the stories of season ticket sales are definitely true. Looks like the club have a lot of convincing to do to…..

L2D and L2E Milburn have loads of availability. Never been known.

• 147 Jib // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:57 PM

Small World
    The same conversation every summer when the schools break up then lo and behold by early Sept they are all sold , difference is this year the season is about 3 weeks earlier for the Euro Nations .

• 148 hibbit // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:58 PM

sw 3/4 more good signings and wont be able to get a ticket

• 149 Jail for Ashley // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:01 PM

hibbit,
    All Mike Ashley had to do was show an interest in success and you wouldn’t be able to get a ticket. Here’s hoping to getting your hands on one is a privilege rather than a chore.

• 150 Small World // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:03 PM

Jib // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:57 PM

A lot more sold last year than this. The renewal period is up. I can spot an entire row of die-hards in front of me who haven’t renewed. The bar takings at the Black Bull will be down for a start :0)

To sell the season tickets this year they may have to persuade 10,000 or so who haven’t done so in the past to invest. People don’t give up long held seats on a whim.

hibbit // Jul 20, 2015 at 8:58 PM
    – Possibly so.

• 151 Jail for Ashley // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:04 PM

TFL,
    Glad to hear you’re fit again. So now then what happened to that Readers Digest site you weren’t promoting 🙂

• 152 firebug666 // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:08 PM

NUFCVine retweeted
    Aca Stojanovi? ?@AcaStop 4m4 minutes ago
    Aleksandar Mitrovi? has passed the medical with flying colors and signed an contract with NUFC ten minutes ago. Cngrt

• 153 overtheline // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:08 PM

BandB

There’s multiples and then there’s sequentials. It’s only the multiples who hide behind their names.

I started posting as Angelswithdirtyfaces. Just get bored with the same monicker. It’s no big secret. After all, we’re all anonymous aren’t we ?

• 154 optimistic prime // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:08 PM

Check this pic of Delph and Sterling arriving in Manchester

• 155 scout // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:09 PM

Remember stumbling up that bank lashed up when the Hilton was being built. Little did i know years later the new Shearer would be inside.

• 156 Belfast // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:10 PM

Jib it’s good but it’s not quite right!

1 week earlier than usual.

• 157 IITianToon // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:10 PM

Hi all, hopefully Mitovic comes good.

I did not understand what this means: “Scuttling Cheryl..” ?

• 158 Belfast // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:14 PM

I said that in my Roy Walker voice Jib

• 159 Belfast // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:17 PM

I reckon Ed is probably on the official site refresh refresh refresh so he can get that dud article out.

• 160 ShirebrookToon // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:19 PM

@op
    Haha that’s class that picture and what a film lol

• 161 Jib // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:19 PM

Belfast
    You are right – just checked – 1st fixture was Sunday 17th Aug v Man City – could have sworn it was later.

• 162 Jib // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:22 PM

Belfast
    I said that in my Ian Paisley voice

• 163 Belfast // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:22 PM

IITianToon
    July 20, 2015

Me neither

• 164 microbar // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:23 PM

Aca Stojanovi? ?@AcaStop 18m18 minutes ago

• 165 Tsunki // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:25 PM

Nope not a clue either IITianToon

• 166 Tsunki // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:27 PM

This is like launching an oil tanker what a palaver. Just get the shirt on him, stick him in the SJP tunnel and take a snap for the website for crying out loud and be done with it!

• 167 martoon // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:30 PM

Jib & Small World – I bought my son a ticket for the Southampton game. When I was buying the ticket I looked around the ground for available seats and there are pockets of available seats all around the ground however in the Gallowgate end there are mass areas of free seats – ST sales must be down!

• 168 Belfast // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:31 PM

There was somebody in Muriels wedding called Cheryl. Maybe it’s something to do with her.

• 169 Jib // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:32 PM

IITiantoon

this is cheryl being scuttled

• 170 Belfast // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:40 PM

Jib I think that vessel is sinking

• 171 SUTTY1978 // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:44 PM

• 172 mindshaft // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:53 PM

This blog is hilarious – not sure if some people actually give a toss about toon – more interested in trying to slag other people off and pretend they are the oracle of all information

• 173 mindshaft // Jul 20, 2015 at 9:58 PM

anyway two decent players in – we still need CB cover and prob another striker now Riviera is out, RB cover would be good but I would reckon someone young and a more a squad player for a couple of years

• 174 beattie25 // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:09 PM

Whilst it is good to see such great young players signing for us, lets not get too carried away.

Still a lot of work to be done, and we have been in similar positions before.

Since signing Sol Campbell in 2010/11 we have signed 1 first team CB that was Pardewed.

In that same time we have signed 6 strikers, 4 wingers, 7 CM’s and only 3 FB’s (again only first team players).

That’s 4 defenders in total over 5 years.

We need defence and that should be the number 1 priority and has needed to be the number 1 priority for a very long time now.

Sign Mbemba, Abdennour a back up RB and potentially a LB and I will be overjoyed.

For now I am very happy with the signing, but I have been hurt before.

• 175 overtheline // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:09 PM

mindhsaft

I think it might be the orifice of all information for some posters

• 176 VanToonMan // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:10 PM

Hi fellas – back after a while off the blog. Seems like things are taking a turn for the good this summer. Think we need 2 CBs, a powerful DMF, pacy winger and 1 more striker in case Mitro gets injured.

But I think we will only sign 1 maximum 2 more players this summer.

As it currently stands (including Mitro) – what do people think our best team is??

• 177 Altamullan // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:14 PM

PMSL when YCMIU posted:

“The Ritual Scuttling of Queen Cheryl of Low Heaton is part and parcel of all new signings at nufc, although i hope for her sake it wasn’t when Obertan signed.”

Subsequent pictures of namesake ‘acts’ a colossal let down!

• 178 nightfa11 // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:17 PM

i really hope we dont sign austin..hes a good player, but we dont have players to play 442 (only good winger is arrons, and hes a kid).. so we’ll probably play 433 – which would mean that either austin or mitro will play as L/RF..and that would mean “Ba” situation all over again – unhappy players and excusses such as “not good enough, not commited enough, bla bla blah”

• 179 nightfa11 // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:19 PM

VanToonMan

ATM

krul
    janmaat saylor dummet haidara
    anita winjadlum colback
    perez mitro arrons

• 180 Tsunki // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:23 PM

Tsunki // Jul 20, 2015 at 6:29 PM

The ‘ told you so’ has no basis. Whoever comes out with that is an imbecile. it’s patently obvious the ‘told you so’ weasels all rolled over under the ‘proper fans’ banner, and hoped against sense that Ashley would somehow feel sorry for them and come good. Because of the fans that DIDN’T do this, Ashley was forced into action he probably would never have made to the extent he has. So the capitulating slug lovers have got their wish but not by their own efforts. It was by the efforts of those who could stand all that cowardly snivelling no longer.

Sing in the corner // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:01 PM

There seem to be some posts surfacing describing irritation at ‘I told you so’ type attitudes. Now I can’t claim to read every post and I scan read as well sometimes…but i can’t say I’ve read anyone saying I told you so or anything approaching that… Paranoia reigns perhaps?

48BoyDoneGood // Jul 20, 2015 at 7:06 PM

[Reposted from over 4 months ago.]

March 18, 2015

I’ll probably just crow unbearably when Ashley unveils a new coach and some squad reconstruction in June, while the AvC’s and Firebugs will pretend their stayaway tactics made it happen (though they denied it would ever happen).

Yes the loathsome remake boydonegood claiming responsibilty for the inevitable, like promising there will be a full moon in the future, while slackness of jaw helps him overlook that it was indeed prophesied not long before his post that an imbecile ashley supporter would come along for his `victory` shout. Bravo, moron. Bravo.

• 181 Tsunki // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:24 PM

Ashley STILL Out!

• 182 Tsunki // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:26 PM

Belfast You fibber I never said anything about TFL being doomed!

• 183 bettyswallocks // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:26 PM

Jail………… Regarding TFL fair play for having the bottle to say what many are thinking.

• 184 Altamullan // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:28 PM

Can’t help thinking that Mitro’s strut, dress sense, and tatts, mean he would have fitted right in at Wheelers night club (a Grolsch bottle’s throw away from site of pic), circa 1987…

• 185 VanToonMan // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:30 PM

nightfa11 – I’m still undecided on Anita and Colback – not sure if they should be our first choice CM pairing. Should De Jong and Sissoko be on the bench?

Agree with your front 3 though I feel as though de jong and sissoko also somehow need to be incorporated – Mitro Wijnaldum Aarons Perez De Jong Sissoko all in one team would def mean goals!

• 186 Tsunki // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:30 PM

Sutty Ill answer your question. Ill go back to SJP when I see these players run out onto the pitch and try hard enough to get a cup run going and some meaningful results, particularly against the mackems. Probably after xmas. If theres anything to be learned its keep Ashley on a tight leash and dont let go.

• 187 Altamullan // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:32 PM

Wor Chancel used to get in there an aal, he was about twenty then 😉

• 188 Belfast // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:34 PM

With out the humour the blog would probably die mindshaft.

• 189 nufc_eire // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:34 PM

Big signing. Get Mbemba through the door as well will be very good. Big fan of CBs who can play at full back. Means they are quick.

I know this won’t happen but if we got these we would have a complete 25 man squad

Van Dijk

LW: Pato, Aarons
    CF: Mitrovic, Cisse

Extra cover
    Def: Dummett
    Mid: Anita
    Art: Riviere

Sell the rest. If Cisse goes then replace with Bamford (either loan/transfer – he looks very decent and was left out of Chelsea squad). And we meet out quota for English players too. Also recouping the wages from the other big earners should cover the new players wages

• 190 nightfa11 // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:36 PM

VanToonMan

de jong is capable of great performances..but hes not there yet..perhaps after first 5 matches..

as for sissoko..i dont know what to think about him..hes an athlete, but not much of a footbal player – poor first touch, average passing..i think hes replacable..especailly cos he doesnt want to be here..

i like anita cos he knows how to pass..and colback is handy cos hes so fu***** annoying ;D always running..

• 191 lesh // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:37 PM

Rotunda

Certain’s actually spelled curtain!

😀

• 192 Tsunki // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:38 PM

Bobbybee, same barking spider as boydonegood maybe.

• 193 lesh // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:39 PM

Ok, ok, ok so some of you are convinced there was a new blog posted and it disappeared.

Mmmmm, strange so what was it about then? C’mon, spill the beans.

• 194 lesh // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:41 PM

Rotunda

Certain, curtain……. Crikey, I’m crackin’ up… again!

😀

• 195 VanToonMan // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:41 PM

I just think instead of Anita and Colback (who I think should be on the bench as cover) – we need a destroyer in front of the back 4 – a real pitbull like a gattuso or makelele type player – who will break up and win the ball and then let Wijnaldum, De Jong, Aarons, Sissoko, Perez, Mitro attack

• 196 Jib // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:41 PM

nightfa11
    “colback is handy cos hes so fu***** annoying”
    He can’t help being ginger

• 197 Tsunki // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:41 PM

No lesh no new thread. Just your mind playing tricks. It never happened.

• 198 dok - the horrid colonial // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:42 PM

lesh,

new blog post was either:

Ashley says ” CL champs or bust!”
    Ashley says “i’ve sold the toon!”
    Ashley says ” i’ve been wrong”

1st two are probably the most factual…

• 199 Tsunki // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:43 PM

VanToon I hear that Tiote lad was once pretty good at that….

• 200 kevymartins // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:43 PM

I was just watching sky sports news an they showed the video of mitrovic going for his medical and they said he cost us around 3 million pounds. Hmmm wonder if that is correct.

• 201 nightfa11 // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:43 PM

Jib

😀

opponents find him annoying cos he always runs at them ..forcing them to make mistakes..not the most talented, but every team needs a runner like him..

• 202 Tsunki // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:44 PM

I think Ed went after the “Cheryl” story a bit too quickly before checking his facts.

• 203 Tsunki // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:45 PM

No I agree I find Colback annoying too.

• 204 kevymartins // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:45 PM

Someone also recorded it. The tweeted out the video there of them saying he cost us £3m

• 205 VanToonMan // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:46 PM

Tsunki

I know it’s a real shame that Tiote is not the Tiote of 2012/2013 days – with the type of midfield and attacking players we have now – he would have been perfect to sit in front of the back 4 and let Wijnaldum, Sissoko and others gallop forward

• 206 nightfa11 // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:48 PM

VanToonMan

i think tiote is too reckless.. dribbling infront of our keeper..stupid passes, cards, etc..we need an upgrade..

• 207 Belfast // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:51 PM

Skunki you and Thump definitely had toon from leeds six foot under.

And Betty and Jail think it was all a hoax.

Diverse bunch. 🙂

• 208 geordie157 // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:52 PM

Mitrovic, mbemba, shaqiri this week! That would sell tickets

• 209 Tsunki // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:52 PM

VanToon, hes had his critics of late, including me. I used to like watching him terrorise the midfield, but then in later times Ive watched him time and again not make the obvious decisive pass, and then spin around in a panic until he was closed down, then collect the obligatory revenge yellow trying to get the ball back. I think his downfall was Pardew making him the lynchpin, or rather scapegoat, in his badly arranged midfield.

• 210 VanToonMan // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:54 PM

I agree nightfall we need an upgrade – in all honesty I think Colback is good as a backup DMF to have on the bench in case injuries etc. Anita I think should be sold – he is neither a total DMF nor an AMF.

Sell Anita – use the money with some top up cash to buy a quality DMF who will start.

• 211 nightfa11 // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:54 PM

geordie157

shaquiri is good, but id prefer berahino..both can play in same position..BUT shaquiri is too small and berahino can also fill in for mitro in case he gets injured..

• 212 Tsunki // Jul 20, 2015 at 10:56 PM

Belfast I got as far as saying I was beginning to think the worst, no more. 🙂

There might be interesting mileage in the conspiracy theories, but the whole heart op after the digest site goes down sounds a bit convoluted. It would be a bit weird though.

• 213 WLtoon // Jul 20, 2015 at 11:01 PM

I hope Mitz is,nt the new Balotelli.
    watch a full 90 mins and ule get my drift.

• 214 JP...from The Rock // Jul 20, 2015 at 11:02 PM

TFL- I haven’t heard what happened to you but I am glad you’re here and okay.

On the never-seemed-to end- Mitrovic saga I am really buzzing that it’s on a happy ending for the toon!

Had serious doubts that it would ever happen and always prefered him to Austin once we were linked.

Ha s Ashley turned a page and starting a new chapter?.. It certainly feels that way. I just love this excitement with quality signings agai, God how I’ve missed that!!

I am going to enjoy this moment and hope it continues. Maybe Ashley has realised that apart from him wanting to keeping getting his TV money every season, that he actually does want to Win Something! Who knows but if he keeps investing in this ambitious manner I will have to believe him and forgive him.

I never thought we would go after the quality of players we have been after, let alone actually spending in excess of 12M on a player let alone two in week!

Let the good times roll!.. Now just get us a couple of monster defenders worth their weight in gold and we have the makings of a quality team.

HWTL!

• 215 nufc 11 // Jul 21, 2015 at 6:06 PM

Get a winger in now that can supply him will make all the difference bolaise or Matty Phillips and Michael Dawson to partner up with mbeama at the back sell Colo and willo

previous post: This Could Be Newcastle’s Biggest Transfer Window Ever