Mbemba – I’m Joining Newcastle – It’s My Dream Come True

Chancel Mbemba has said that joining Newcastle United is his dream and that he will be moving to St James’ Park, even though things are not yet finalized – he seems to have set his heart on joining his former team-mate Aleksandar Mitrovic on Tyneside.

We’re not sure when this deal will complete but it looks almost certain it will go through, and as far as we are concerned the sooner the better.

Chancel Mbemba-1

Cancel Mbemba – talks about when he joins Newcastle

This is what the DR Congo and Anderlecht center-back has said:

“The transfer is not finalized yet. There are still some details to work out but it will go through and I’m proud of myself.”

“I worked very hard for it to arrive and it’s a childhood dream come true. In Congo, everyone dreams of one day playing in the Premier League.” “In my country, it is the place to be.”

“I went to visit Borussia Monchengladbach’s facilities. I had a good interview with their management, and the coach tried to sell it to me but the club could not pay what Anderlecht requested.”

“Atletico have also made an offer, but it was refused for the same reasons.”  “This competition is a showcase. I think it’s mostly at home to Arsenal when I tabled my business card to English clubs.”

“When I arrived in 2011 I had nothing. I did not even know if I was going to eat every night. And now here I am. It’s also cool that Mitrovic is in Newcastle too.”

“But I also look forward to seeing Cheikhou Kouyate when we face West Ham.”

He’s talking there like he’s already at Newcastle – when we (Newcastle ) face West Ham.

🙂

Mbemba’s agent is Fabio Baglio and he had this to say about how his player impressed Graham Carr:

“The interest of English does not date from yesterday.” “The head of scouting at Newcastle (Graham Carr) came to see Chancel during Champions League match in Dortmund.”

“He was impressed, and Newcastle continued to follow Chancel.” “Since the club had the means to the amount requested, the negotiations were quick.”

It’s not often that Newcastle outbid the bigger clubs for our transfer targets, but this is what we have done to get Mbemba.

The Belgium press have been reporting since last Friday that this is a done deal, although it looks like the details still have to be worked out, and Newcastle need to get a work permit for him.

We seem to be on a roll at the moment in the transfer market, and we need to keep it going.

Newcastle still need another striker and another center-back brought in – in addition to Chancel – and maybe another midfielder.

• Graeme

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:19 AM

Whumpie from previous – what we have already spent is, frankly, not an issue, its not like we can’t afford it. Given the increase in TV money from next season, relegation this season would be an unmitigated disaster.

It is vital to a lot of clubs survival that they are not relegated this season – they may never get back up – which applies to us as much as anyone else. If they have to spend another £40 million to complete the squad overhaul to ensure a comfortable season finishing in the top half – then that’s what they need to do.
    They can do the tinkering the season after, sell off players no longer required – but they can’t screw it up this season.

• Tsunki

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Ashley Out!

• hibbit

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:20 AM

i was asked earlier today do i know anything about modern football well i do and like a lot of the daytime posters i see the modern football problem at newcastle we can not defend i also see the answer buy 2 CB who know what they are doing

• Rotonda heights

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:21 AM

The press are saying Kemen is going to Milan because he has not shone or seized his chance at NUFC. WTF!!!!

What is he 18/ 19 and when has had a chance or even played a game for us ??? and why do top clubs want him. This is insane. Has SM even had a look at him yet?

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:23 AM

Rotonda,
    Just read that report about Kemen to Milan. We should loan him there if they reckon he is going to get first team games. I still don’t see where he fits at this stage in the first team here, and would prefer to see him loaned out to gain experience.

Italy on loan would seem like a good option for the lad. Wouldn’t want to see him sold at this stage though.

• Tsunki

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:26 AM

Tbf SM made no secret of the fact that he thought this whole trip was a waste of space, and no doubt he would have liked his squad building done at home rather than flying new signings piecemeal into a nothing tour against third rate bladder-hoofers (no offence..) who don’t seem to care much about it either. Hence a few token senior appearances and a good stretch for a lot of players soon to be loaned out or flogged. I think a side that makes an awful lot more sense will be wielded against Southampton of course. The only good thing to come out of this tour is it highlights those who have the drive and determination ( oh and er skill) to want to aspire to the first team.

• Graeme

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:29 AM

BREAKING – Willo replacement has been uncovered, more news soon

• John Tudor

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:30 AM

repost
    keegan theory score more than them
    thats what the fans want?
    no the fans want to win games and play well

• martoon

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:31 AM

I don’t want to burst anybody’s bubble but I think this may be the end of our spending spree. The only player we haven’t got that we’ve been heavily linked with is Austin – but he may have been plan B if we didn’t get Mitrovic. I suspect minor ins and outs but no more big ones.

• nufc4lifeinoz

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:31 AM

Well its about time we had a decent defender, hopefully we will get another one over the line soon. Make it a big one please boys!!! We can win games with the sh!t we have on the back line…
    Aarons looked good today as did Widgi,
    Cant believe Gouff is still getting a run!
    Nice to see some action though, im keeping everything crossed.

• John Tudor

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:32 AM

i expect nay demand better centre backs pronto

• AngusMitchell

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:33 AM

To be this is just what we needed. Him and Colo as CB’s. No need to buy an extra CB now, as it’s important to get dynamics between the two starting CB’s maintained. And replacing Colo at the same time would really screw the defense up. Colo is fit to play another Season until he decides if he wants to leave for Argentina. Good signing! Looking forward to it! How are we looking on the Backs? Janmaat and?

• Rotonda heights

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:33 AM

martoon

well don’t then!

• nufc4lifeinoz

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:33 AM

Cant win games (typo)

• nufc4lifeinoz

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:34 AM

Dont want my bubble burst thanks, its taken ages to blow the bloody thing up!!!!!

• Tsunki

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Rotunda – there could be another factor, as Gru says to Ramsbottom – “Ohhhhhh….ATTITUDE!”

🙂

• Tsunki

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:37 AM

Yeah Martoon stow the bubble-burstotron 3000 will ya…

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:39 AM

Bobbybee,
    Never mind, I think you’re missing my point, all I’m saying is that I think specialist RB cover is a priority in defence, others think LB and some think two CBs is the most important. I just don’t want to see makeshift defences anymore, if Mbemba is playing well I don’t want to see that rhythm interrupted for want of a player in his correct position. If your cover is also injured not much you can do about that. But you can minimise the risk by not having utility players as your second choice covering more than one position. ie Dummet last year being our LB and CB cover.

• will die for the toon army

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:39 AM

Cisse is the worst player so far at pre-season. Now am ok with the club bring Austin.

Mcclaren pliz we dont need Thauvin. We already have wat we need in those positions. Give e money u r spending on Thauvin, Split it btn Perez and Aarons which will motivate them to do better. Improve their contracts.

Thauvin wont improve any thing on NUFC that Perez and Aarons wont do. Keep our 12m in the bank.

Mcclaren go for Abdennour and Austin. Thank you Gaffer.

Your long time fan.

Lameck.

• will die for the toon army

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:42 AM

Mike Ashely theory. If a player wants to leave. Let him go Get the money. Kemen if want to go u r free to go.

• swemag

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:45 AM

What was up with Obertan yesterday? Ronaldo moves. Or was that just because he was playing against his level of opposition?

Some of the things he did I find hard to believe would work in the PL.

On the defence yesterday, non of those goals would have happened with our regulars. almost cruel to put Satka with Ferguson, give the boy a chance to play alongside an experienced CB.

• Mitrogoal

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:46 AM

The Toon finally showing some ambition. Love it!

• will die for the toon army

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:48 AM

swemag

I felt sorry for Sakta but I believe Steve Black will get his moral back up.

• Bobbybee

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:51 AM

Martoon, why do you think the spending is over, when Macca says it isn’t? Unless you know something he doesn’t? Surprising as it is, he said 4-5 new players this window – at least – with further investment in the next two windows. That’s what he signed up to and so far he’s sticking to it. He also said the right players, not just anybody, so at least give him chance to finish what he’s started. We might all be pleasantly surprised.

• geordieboy83

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:54 AM

JFA

I see where you’re coming from regarding a rb but the only issue for me is, as a back up rb we don’t wanna spend more than a few mil on a stand in who will most likely sit on the bench time and time again. In terms of quality at that price I can’t see there being any that would be better than throwing in one of our young lads. Trippier would’ve been good mind

• swemag

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:55 AM

I have from various sources that there is a shock move on the cards, one that Ashley is working hard to not let the press know about. It is not clear to me if this is about a player or some club related business.

I just pray that it is a positive one rather than something in the mold of renaming St James’.

What would be the biggest name that could possibly come to Toon within our current structure?

• swemag

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:57 AM

Ibrahimovic signing on for 2 years as a mentor to Mitrovic?
    🙂

• smoke beer, drink tabs

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Just seen the goals we conceded last night. I know we had a makeshift back 4 but f@ck me, every goal we conceded last season was off mistakes or crosses into the box. Every goal last night was the same and preventable, proves where our money is to be spent

• Jib

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Aymeric Laporte is only the 2nd Frenchman to play for Athletic Bilbao .
    He is a classy 6’2?, 21 year old centre back, who can also play left back.
    He has had a €27.5 million release clause slapped on him when Barcelona and Milan came sniffing last Summer.

The Spanish footy bible La Marca said:

“Aymeric Laporte se convierte en el sueño inalcanzable del AC Milan “(Aymeric Laporte becomes the unattainable dream of AC Milan )

We have sniffed before , last Summer , and in the Winter window .
    Would we pay £20 million for a centre back, albeit one who is being mooted as a future France captain ?

• Bobbybee

Jul 22, 2015 at 12:04 PM

Jail, i do get your point, but like i’ve said, you can’t fix it in one window. To do that you’d need to buy a complete new starting eleven and that certainly ain’t on the cards. We’ve made a really positive start on rebuilding, but we can’t cover all eventualities. I wish we could, believe me, but we’ve got to be realistic. Mbemba and one more centre back is about the best even even glass half full people like myself can hope for. That said, maybe we will get cover at right back, nothing’s set in stone.

• will die for the toon army

Jul 22, 2015 at 12:05 PM

Abdenour I think he is the surprise signing I dont see any one.

• Polarboy

Jul 22, 2015 at 12:07 PM

I just read a comment on the Chronicle from a guy who was actually getting the hump with us signing Mbemba, because according to him the steep rise in his worth meant that we overpaid out of desperation.

Now I know there has been fully justified condemnation of the Ashley regime, and I was among those people who condemned it and still do to a large extent, but to pull yourself in knots like that just to critcise is ludicrous.

• expatmag

Jul 22, 2015 at 12:08 PM

Swemag

Once again, where is your source for this info?

• will die for the toon army

Jul 22, 2015 at 12:10 PM

I think with Mbemba, Mitrovic and Wijnaldum. We can start the season as we wait for Abdenour and Austin.
    ……………..Krul
    Janmmatt…..Mbemba……Colo….haidara
    …………Wijnaldum………Colback
    Sissoko…………..De Jong…….Aarons/Perez
    ………………………Mitrovic

We can start e season with that.

• Bobbybee

Jul 22, 2015 at 12:10 PM

John tudor. Don’t mean to sound facetious, but you’ ve defeated your own argument. If we score more than the opposition, al la Keegan, we win anyway.

• BandB

Jul 22, 2015 at 12:12 PM

Jail

Good to see you getting into to trouble for being over optimistic about signings.

I’m with Martoon….we get this new CB in and that could be about it on major inbound stuff………….

• Bobbybee

Jul 22, 2015 at 12:12 PM

Polar boy – amen to that. Backs up my point that some people will never be happy lmao!

• Whumpie

Jul 22, 2015 at 12:13 PM

Graeme – finally getting back to you on your point about whether money spent so far is an issue.

I’d argue that it is. It’s well-spent, I suspect – although let’s not get too carried away over three players two of whom are only 20, and with no PL experience between any of them.

What I’m saying is that I doubt if there is enough left in the pot to spend where it’s really needed, which is across the back line. One 20-year-old CB is not going to do it; we need to spend at least another £20m on defenders just to be looking at mid-table. I can’t see it happening, personally.

Hope I’m wrong.

• AshSays

Jul 22, 2015 at 12:16 PM

Reported in the guardian: “Aarons, who missed much of last season due to injury but scored in the Capital One Cup victory against Manchester City in October, is expected to sign a new contract this week”??

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jul 22, 2015 at 12:17 PM

Swemag,
    Best big shock for me would be the club saying we were binning and replacing them with The Sir Bobby Robson Foundation free of charge. The loss in income being made up for by SD paying for the stadium advertising.

1 2 3 6