Mbemba To Be Reunited With Former Team-Mate

Newcastle signing Aleksandar Mitrovic has seemingly confirmed that his former Anderlecht teammate Chancel Mbemba will also sign for the Magpies this week.

20 year-old Aleksandar Mitrovic had a lot of good things to say about Newcastle United after he had signed along the bottom line for Newcastle and he gave a number of interviews.

Chancel Mbemba +RSC+Anderlecht+v+Borussia+Dortmund+b-_ygXUyz4El

Chancel Mbemba – coming to Newcastle

He also explained why the deal had dragged on for a couple of weeks, and it wasn’t because they were waiting for Porto or Roma to come in for him, but there was not full agreement on the fee between the two clubs, and the local papers did report that multiple times.

In the Belgium press it was reported last Friday that Mbemba would soon follow his team-mate and pal to Newcastle and it was a done deal.

In one of his interviews – with  Belgian outlet Het Belang vaan Limburg – this is what Aleksandar said:

“I know the players of Newcastle only from Match of the Day on the BBC.”

“It’s so nice that  Chancel Mbemba will also come.”   “I’ll be reunited with my regular opponent in training.”

That statement wasn’t a shock in Belgium at all.

And then just to make sure everybody knew where he was going, Chancel Mbemba announced this morning he would definitely be signing for Newcastle, and that would be a dream come true for him.

The news is that Chancel is traveling for his medical tomorrow and all being well should be announced as a Newcastle player on Friday.

It will be interesting to see if we see photos of him at Newcastle Airport sometime tomorrow.

And Steve McClaren tonight said Newcastle are after some players that are not even on the radar screens of Newcastle fans and that we’ll be surprised.

Messi and Ronaldo are probably two of the players we will now be bringing in.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:15 PM

Ashley Out!

• Graeme

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:16 PM

So, just another CB plus a genuine LB and we have one hell of a team for the new season. Top half, nailed on.

With continued, promised investment for three windows; by this time next year, we should be aiming for top 6-4, without a doubt.

Bring it on.

• Graeme

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:16 PM

Well said Jail lol

• Belfast

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:19 PM

Ppb

I won’t be buying a home in optimisim valley. Maybe next summer when the prices come down.

I won’t be held to ransom.

• Pardews Priceless Bulls#*t

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:21 PM

Well belfast it looks like prices are only going up at the minute. Best get in before ibiza purchases his holiday home.
    So anybody got more original guesses on our surpruse targets?

• Graeme

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:22 PM

Jib, from previous.

Haidara has struggled to perform, he has been played all over. Why not take him out of the spotlight, let him recover his mojo?
    He doesn’t deserve the flak, he deserves a break, and then take his place as first choice LB.

Why screw him after what he has been through??

• OneAlanShearer

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:23 PM

It wasn’t promised in the next 3 windows. We are yet to see who they sell. It is a good start. He needs to fully commit.

• honest fan

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:28 PM

I like the sound of that Graeme

• Belfast

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:28 PM

There will be none of that talk around here Jail.

Rejoice.

• Graeme

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:29 PM

OAS – it was stated that over the next 3 windows, we would seek to be top 8 and competing for domestic cupa and european footy!!

• Mister Tuff

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:29 PM

Mr Tubbs OOT
    Pill poppers OOT

Trouble on the blog. They’re on the run.
    Release the hounds.
    High Five.

• Tsunki

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:29 PM

Hear hear Jail ignore belfast he’s in Mike’s pocket now 🙂

• tooneytunes

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:30 PM

What people forget to realise is that just about every premier league club are improving they’re teams so it will more than likely be as you were from last season unless there is further substantial signings ofcourse

• Graeme

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:30 PM

* Cups

• Munster Mag

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:30 PM

Bobbybee, lots of interesting stuff out of you today. Good to read. Lil, I didnt realise you were training Gaelic Football – tell me more? We Irish get around the place ( I appreciate you arent Irish ) . Hurling is the better game though – an incredible sport. Re mystery signing – my best guess is a prominent player from the Spanish or German leagues. Mind you, we have probably been linked with them already as we have been linked with so many . So 3 fine players signed so far and Steve was saying that he had “seen the plans” and was excited by them. He wasnt talking nonsense then. Our next signing could be serious. My best guess is an established, very well known player from Spain or Germany, who would be normally considered beyond NUFC. Good thing is, the signings we have made will make it easier to turn heads, and we obviously have the cash to compete on both fees and salaries. Top work Mr Charnley, keep it up.

• Tsunki

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:30 PM

Mesut özil

• voodoo85

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:31 PM

PPB @5

some random names to throw out there:

Robin Knoche @ Wolfsburg
    Will Hughes @ Derby
    Leon Goretzka @ Schalke
    Viktor Fischer @ Ajax
    Kevin Volland @ Hoffenheim

• Belfast

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:32 PM

You’re right Alan. I fear it’s needs must more than new era to be honest.

Next summer should tell you more.

• Tsunki

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:32 PM

Tooney well that’s killed the party mood right there lol

• Tsunki

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:33 PM

Voodoo you forgot Sportsdirect.com@stjamespark

• tooneytunes

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:34 PM

Sorry wasn’t meant that way just pointing out facts lol

• Pardews Priceless Bulls#*t

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:35 PM

Voodoo exactly how much fifa you been playing? Haha

I say we’re getting de bruyne. Imagine!

• honest fan

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:35 PM

Haidara is a good LB I think he’ll soon be see as a big talent this season I reckon he’ll be the one who shines that other clubs will try to buy come January

• Belfast

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:36 PM

Tooney this is optimisim valley not realism Valley. Wash your mouth out.

• Altamullan

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:37 PM

Apols Bobby, never had an original thought in my life, just passing the suggestion that had amused me most. Perhaps we could buy a few Mak’em stalwarts and just not play them…

• Our Toon

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:38 PM

Bobby

How did I start an argument with you? You started the argument with me and for no reason other than you still being miffed at this morning. Go back to the previous thread and read who put what, I didn’t even engage in a conversation with you.

I’ll agree to drop the debate or argument as you put it if you can tell me where McClaren says we have a surprise signing lined up in the statement below

“We’re forever working. People are mentioning this and that but believe you me, we have a lot of names that people have not got hold of yet. We have been close with them.”

Please point out where it says we have a surprise signing lined up!! I’ll shut up once you give me your answer or once anyone else can give me the answer!!

• Noel Worst

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:38 PM

I love how everyone is getting all wild-eyed with speculation, the blog is bristling, no matter how fantastical it all may be.

Anyway, I’m away to have dreams about Susanna Hoffs. Expecting Mbmeba sightings tomorrow before the ‘big reveal’.

Howay! 😀

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:41 PM

Tomas Muller 🙂

• Bobbybee

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:42 PM

Cheers munster mag. I’ve only started watching the irish football and hurling lately, since sky sports started showing it, and i have to say i love both of them. No rolling around squealing like a stuck pig with those lads is there? I wonder how many broken fingers there are in hurling? Would definitely like to see one of those games in person, they really get stuck into each other. Atmosphere must be wicked.

• Our Toon

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:42 PM

Jail

From previous thread, sorry u missed it through the sheer disbelief of the bee in the bonnet of Bobby.

On McClaren yes I think he feels he has a point to prove especially in the prem, think it may have surprised him he couldn’t get a job on the top division after doing well with Twenty. It all bodes well for us though hopefully, cautiously optimistic we can get the desired outcome!!

• Altamullan

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:42 PM

Toon
    Did the surprise signing thing originate with a Chronicle reporter (Ryder)?

• Altamullan

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:43 PM

Marcelino was apparently a cracking hurler…

• Bobbybee

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:46 PM

Did somebody say something or was my dog farting?

• Altamullan

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:46 PM

Did his career no good at all, spent every spare moment down at Mallorca Shamrocks…

• geordie157

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:47 PM

The surprise is tielemans

• Altamullan

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:47 PM

Fingers were wrecked.

• Our Toon

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:50 PM

You lass was farting

• Altamullan

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:51 PM

Geordie,
    An 18 year old Belgian wouldn’t be much of a surprise. Whereas a 28 year old Englishman would be a shocker!

• Ashton

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:51 PM

Anderlecht have registered his birth year as 1994 – hence his age of 21.

United are said to be relaxed about the controversy, and Mbemba has dismissed the allegations as “defamatory” and made up. “I have given evidence to Anderlecht to make sure they’re not taking any risks,” he has said of the controversy.

“I even passed scientific tests to determine my exact age. In Africa, when people do not have money, they are ready to invent anything to make money.”

This should settle it. Mbemba is 20.

• Sazzer

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:53 PM

voodoo85
    Let’s see what they come up with. Fischer, Knoche and Hughes have been linked at some point what I can remember.

And Kevin Volland brings back memories from 2012 when I was one of few mentioning him.

1 2 3 5