Budding Star Can Fulfill His Potential At Newcastle

With the social media these days all around, where news goes viral in an instant,  it must be very difficult for young players – who by their very age are still becoming men – so it’s much easier these days than in days of old for great young players to go off the rails, and never fulfill their potential.

Steve McClaren is well aware of all that, which is why he has a good record of bringing young players through at the clubs he’s been at – and he has what has to be a really top prospect in 19 year-old Rolando Aarons,  who shone on the US tour – just like he did in pre-season last year.

rolando aarons portland

Great action shot of Rolando Aarons at Portland

His two goals on Tuesday night in Portland were something to behold, and in a couple of minutes Newcastle were at 4-3 with 14 minuets to play, after being down 4-1 and struggling mightily.

Rolando set it up for Newcastle to possibly even save the game – but we couldn’t do it.

Rolando has been interviewed in the Chronicle today, and the first thing he said is that he doesn’t want to talk about all those injuries he picked up last season – who can blame him?

This is what the (very)  talented youngster said:

“I don’t want to talk about last year. This is a new season and I want a fresh start. Hopefully this year I can stay fit and show what I can do.”

“As long as the gaffer is happy and I’m happy and I’m doing well for the team, that’s all that can be done really.”  “As long as I keep him happy I always have a chance.”

“Competition for places is good.” “The offensive players are doing well and it brings out the best in you. I like competition. It will improve the squad.”

“There are a few things to work on and I am sure we can be much better.” “I didn’t really notice it (the standing ovation he got for the first goal) because I was trying to get the ball up the pitch. But it was nice of them.”

“Newcastle is a massive club. And I knew that before I came here.” “I didn’t know we had this many fans in America. It’s only the second time I have been and I love the place.”

“I have been out for some time but I feel happy to play 90 minutes for the first time in a year and a half.”

Rolando shows a good attitude there, and that will be important for him in the next year or two, and he has to keep his feet on the ground.

Of course Steve McClaren and the coaching staff will help him do that.

The crowds in the US were great on the Newcastle tour, and Newcastle United are a well known club – throughout the world really.

The American crowds  appreciated Newcastle coming to play in Milwaukee, Sacramento and Portland, and the families tend to go and watch the games together in the US – sports is a family affair here.

It was noticeable that Rolando got some real applause from the home fans for those two great goals – especially that simply fantastic first goal – and the commentators were very appreciative as well.

They said that first goal from the 19 year-old was worth the cost of admission alone, so it was good we showed a little bit of class – albeit late in the game.

We hope Roland signs that five year deal soon, and there’s no reason at all why he cannot fulfill his potential at Newcastle over those next five years – none at all.

In fact it will be a measure of how good and successful Newcastle can become over that period is they can keep him at the club.

Well,  here are those two goals, and if Rolando is going to be in this type of form all next season and keeps fit – we will do very well – we may even shock ourselves.

Howay The Lads!!

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:37 PM

It will be even harder for Newcastle to get Austin in January considering many teams would want to bolster there squad, and on’t forget Newcastle have a habit not buying players in January.

If Austin was as good as many make him out to be then why hasn’t Liverpool, Spurs or even Villa got him?

Villa got a nice nice bulk of £££ from Liverpool, over 30 million and they haven’t approached him but like many been linked with him.

• ZIPPIE57

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:41 PM

Its not often a player excites me as much as this Kid, appears level headed has trained all summer and stopped and has his photo taken with my grandson last season
    wish him all the very best a potential superstar in the making

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:41 PM

I still think that Mitrovic and Wijnaldum will be the only signings we make this window, with Chancel I hope we get the lad, he’s better than Colo, Willo and Taylor but with FIFA involved it could take months to even get a response from them concerning Chancel.

We all may think the FA are piss takers but FIFA is even worse in all categories and involvement in football.

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:46 PM

Ronaldo, Bale and many other top class wingers will be forgotten once Rolando shows his true potential, and it could happen this season injury permitted.

If he becomes injury free I can see maybe one of the best wingers to ever grace Newcastle since Ginola.

And imagine Man City faces when Sterling becomes a flop hehehhehehehe.

• ZIPPIE57

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:46 PM

Why are you so negative Nezza NUFC you know jackshit about whats going on the same as the rest of us
    wind your neck in until there is an announcement

• Graeme

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:48 PM

Nezza – it was reported onths ago that his age issue was resolved – there is no problem, he will be revealed this weekend- fingers crossed!!!!

• beefman13

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:48 PM

Rolando Aarons for me was the lad who kickstarted our good run last season, he was so refreshing and gave us another option, and hopefully if we can get another three fresh faces in our team at the start of the season, as well as the ones we have already signed we could be starting the season with two thirds of a different team and it is essential we go in that direction, it has to change man.

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:48 PM

ZIPPIE57

Where’s the negativity you prat?

If you don’t like my opinions then just f@ck off

• ZIPPIE57

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:49 PM

Well said beefman13

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:51 PM

Graeme

That’s good to hear mate, hope we get this lad in ASAP, we don’t have Pardew to mess up a talented defender ( much like Mbiwa ) anymore so things can only look good.

• croftus5678

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:54 PM

chancel will sign reguardless of age he’s a bargain no matter !

then we will get PEA as our other striker and abdennour closely followed by Bilal Ould-Chikh and nathan ake.

i’ll renew my season ticket then 😉

• Thump

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:55 PM

@Nezza: FIFA were involved with Mbemba when he first moved to Anderlecht, they know his age and it has long since been sorted out. The Mirror, Ed, et al. are reporting on a story that was news two years ago.

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:57 PM

Cheers Thump and Graeme for clearing this up lads 🙂

• Mister Tuff

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:58 PM

nezza – the problems with Mbembas’ date of birth was resolved a couple of years ago – but the Mirror ran the story in any case knowing fine well the story was a non story.
    Bit concerning though that nothing has been announced -so far.

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:59 PM

Anyone thought about that young French lad Umitti?

Suppose to be in a similar mold to Chancel but has more pace and he’s taller ( I think )

Mystery player???

• ZIPPIE57

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:00 PM

NEGATIVITY YOU PRAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:03 PM

ZIPPIE57

OPINION YOU TWAT!!!!

Now do yourself a favour and go change your poster name are something ( if you haven’t already )

• ZIPPIE57

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:06 PM

WHAT A DRAMA QUEEN PRICK

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:08 PM

Why is it everytime a new name poster comes on they go after everyone?

I’ll watch it ZIPPIE57 before fellow bloggers find out who you really are and start asking questions!

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:09 PM

ZIPPIE57

Do you like sheeps??????

( May as well start it of )

• Bobbybee

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:09 PM

Mbemba is a done deal, but there will be a slight holdup due to getting his work permit verified. More signings will follow – Macca has no reason to lie to us. Need to put a ridiculous buyout clause in Aarons’ new contract – and I mean ridiculous. Don’t want to lose him after just a couple of seasons after all. The way things are developing, who knows where we might be in four years. In reality we have to expect to lose him when his new contract expires – so let’s make sure when he goes, the transfer fee is enough to replace him and more.

• doofa the loofa

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:12 PM

Nezza..

Time for beddies lad 😉

• welshgeordie9

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Why bring sheep into it.

• ZIPPIE57

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Who is new drama queen , boo hoo i think we will make only two signings
    are you the mackem in disguise??

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:13 PM

doofa the loofa

No point mate I start work in an hour 😉

• welshgeordie9

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:14 PM

We are happy on here tonight aren’t we.

Dear me

• ZIPPIE57

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:15 PM

i think we will make only two signings

Anyone thought about that young French lad Umitti?

Mystery player???

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:15 PM

welshgeordie9

Sorry mate couldn’t help it lol

ZIPPIE57

Is that the best you can do!?

• The Newcastle Armchair

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:16 PM

Handbags away now ladies

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:17 PM

welshgeordie9

Aye mate and thanks to the trolls and WUM’s they only seem to come out at night.

• ZIPPIE57

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:19 PM

where is your season ticket Nezza

• The Newcastle Armchair

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:19 PM

Your post wasn’t half as negative as some of the other tripe other people post.

How can anyone not be skeptical of this sudden change in the regime after having almost 9 years of it?

Although I must say I am enjoying it.

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:20 PM

ZIPPIE57

Haven’t had one in 5 years, you?

• ZIPPIE57

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:22 PM

had one for 30 year so do one armchair/ computer supporter

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:23 PM

The Newcastle Armchair

True mate same here, it almost feels weird to actually look forward to something at the Toon.

• The Newcastle Armchair

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:24 PM

ZIPPIE57

Have you just come on here looking for an argument?

• Liverpool Mag

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:25 PM

Nezza,

I didn’t go after anyone. But that’s because I’m an actual, genuine person and not one of the many (or rather the one or two) people that seem to just make new accounts to go after people. I do have a question though, are Jeff/Jib/Jane and welshie thought to be the same person or two different people?

• Liverpool Mag

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:27 PM

Sorry, I misread/misinterpreted things, sorry Welshie

• The Newcastle Armchair

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:28 PM

I get the feeling that even though we’re buying all these stars, it’s just so that Ashley can get a re-sale value.

Fair enough, sell if the price is astronomical but please rebuild. Guess we’ll see in another year or two.

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:28 PM

ZIPPIE57

Shame since I had mine for 47 years before I gave up 5 years ago, also hosting charity events with my business to support the Sir Bobby Robson foundation and 100 other charity events.

But hey I must be a mackem according to you!

So I guess your poster name ZIPPIE57 needs to change now ( probably the 57 is your IQ )